How much longer does the Xbone have before they just give up?

How much longer does the Xbone have before they just give up?

It bombed
Sold like shit and even the most loyal Remedy fans said it was their worst game
It bombed
It barely made production costs back
It was an unmitigated disaster
Bombed worse than any game in the franchise
It bombed AND is a downgrade from DR1 across the board

They fucked up. The brand well is poisoned and only the most die hard rubes would buy an Xbox One at this point and kids are either not buying consoles at all or buying PS4 because thats what everyone else already has. With the Switch on the horizon what is left to save this division of Microsoft from the chopping block its already been demand to be placed on by shareholders? Halo 6? 343 is losing staff as its dumpster fire burns down and the outright propaganda videos for halo 5's 'rec's micro transaction weapons in multiplayer has ruined that brand as well.

Does the Xbox still survive in 2018?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting
ibtimes.com/minecraft-nokia-skype-how-microsoft-buys-overseas-companies-avoid-us-taxes-1693869
archive.is/lTYcG
archive.fo/kvNKN
gematsu.com/2017/01/scalebound-officially-cancelled
thedailyleicester.com/todays-top-gainers-in-the-market-sony-corporation-nysesne-from-consumer-goods-30/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It has more games than ps4 tho I don't know if that's an achievement.

wait, DR4 came out?

Lies, just like with titanfail 2 and last gordian coming out.

They might end up keeping it going until the next generation cycle and drop out to focus on fucking up the PC market.

Yeah it's really depressing the xbone lost ot a console that has no games, this whole gen is worse than the last somehow

it was the xbones big christmas release.

Which kind of says everything about the state of the console really.

The fucking Vita has more games than the One. That's impressive.

No one can even be fucked to hack it and do shit. The closest thing anyone pulled was putting emus on the official store so you could play something on the system.

If Scorpio fails, they're pulling out.

Friendly reminder Xbone still has more exclusives than PS4. How bad will this current generation get when Nintendo switch comes out?

It has Skyrim, so it's gotta be good user.

It's been 5 years and people are still going on an on about Skyrim?

It has infinite content, of course people are. Don't you want to rebuy the same game with a filter and mod support goy?

Sasuga of the game that won the test of time award.
tl note: sasuga means as expected

What is scorpio?

Fun fact: back on 4chan in 2011 there were faggots talking about the "best places to buy glitter ink and quills" for their skyrim quest journals.

They are probably here now telling other people to "gb2 pozzed reddit" living in the closet as they preoder ass erect andromeda.

Think PS4 Pro, but the Xbox version.

Its the xbone in a new case with a slightly better processor. They are trying the elite shit again but with the whole console. Surely a wise business tactic when your current product is not selling.

Most people buy those systems for third party titles, look at the last gen sales data, of the top selling PS3 games, 1 of them is an exclusive, of the top selling Xbox 360 games 3 of them are exclusive, of the top selling Wii games, 9 of them are exclusives.

Of the top selling PS4 games, 1 of them is an exclusive, of the top selling Xbox One games, 3 of them are exclusive, of the top selling WiiU games, all of them are exclusive.

Significantly improved.

Tittyfall 2 did well, and multiplats will keep them afloat.

Name three

Jackie Chan.

XBone was dead on arrival. When I saw that disastrous reveal back in 2013, I told myself this wasn't going to end well.

Why do they keep doing this? I just want Halo with map tools on PC and Rare games on Nintendo consoles

How? the top selling games on the xbone have a userbase at peak times below 40,000 players worldwide. Their games usually selling 1.5 million as a big seller, thats not even 3DS numbers.
Nobody is buying the hardware to need to buy games. What is selling new people on the xbone to help with the consumers selling theirs for a PS4 or Wii U?

If only they started porting their games to PC earlier, it's as if they chose to start doing it once they knew they would only be releasing the trashiest of trash, at least we don't have to buy an Xbox One to play Scalebound.

Because it's a new (shit) era user.

Consoles themselves have to be finished with soon. PS4 and Xbone are massive downgrades to even PS3 and 360, let alone XBOX, PS2.

All they have left for games is Crackdown and only the first game from a decade ago was any good.

The Halo situation genuinely interests me if only because i liked CE as a a teen back in 2001. Sounds like 343 has no idea what they are doing.

They feature all the disadvantages of the PC but none of the advantages of a console. Consoles today are gimped PCs with a shitty OS and lackluster hardware. The only reason you'd buy one is if it had enough worthwhile exclusives to warrant the purchase, but both Sony and MS seem to be more focused on turning their DRM boxes into Netflix machines than actually ensuring they have a "killer app" on it.

And yes, consoles are pretty much done for. I fully expect MS to drop out of the console race once they realize they've wasted enough money on the XBone, then try to shit up PC gaming by promising a return to the good old days (not that anyone will believe them) and getting steamrolled by Steam, because the idiots will try to force everyone to use the Windows store and make the games Windows 10 exclusives.

That's what you get when you staff your company with cunts.

2018 will probably be the last year for the Xbox One. Unless huge strides can be made until then and a true killer app is released, I'd see Microsoft downsizing (or even selling) their gaming division and becoming a third-party for Nintendo and Sony just like Sega did.

4K Blu-Rays. This is the problem with the ps4 and Xbone. The average consumers who used to only play dudebro games now only use these consoles mostly for entertainment purposes, and only sometimes for gaming.

Actually taken into context the xbone is doing much better than the original xbox. Not in terms of having decent games on it of course but it's obvious that no one at Microsoft cares about that.

They need to spend this money for accounting purposes, they don't care if it doesn't show any return in that division. Every single game listed in the OP was a successful project thanks to their involvement in the advertising field and we'll be seeing more of them now that movie and television studio shut down.

If a game loses millions they get to write it off. Most of those millions it 'lost' were advertising dollars that went straight into another division. This is called Hollywood accounting and it works wonderfully, those that worked on the game or any licensed software that was used to make it will never see any royalties because it never turns a profit. Any profit it does make gets spent on more advertising.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

So expect the xbox brand to be around until 2028 at the very least.

Sony is a tv producer, if even they arent pushing 4k blu rays yet as the norm then clearly the tvs arent selling. Last i read 4k makes up like 4% of the market share of tvs sold each year if that. Its still not a "futures so bright i gotta wear shades" saving grace for the xbox one.

4K is a gimmick to most users, who are already more than satisfied with their 1080p.

Exactly. Which again begs the question: Whats the selling point of an Xbox One?

Then why was the Xbone able to outsell the PS4 in the U.S. for 4 months straight? Clearly the 4K Blu Ray helped in selling the Xbone.

Jesus Christ. As a '97fag, gaming has been dominated by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony for almost my entire life. It's bizarre to think that MS could potentially drop out of the console war, and the only reason I can even fathom something like that is because I know it already happened with a titan like Sega.

Because goys stopped buying the PS4 because the PS4 pro was on the horizon and people are stupid marketer kun.

I don't think those 4 months are importnat, PS4 sold 6 million during the holiday season so it probably outsold the Xbox One overall within the total 6 month space.

Considering MS thought adding a glorified webcam and making consumers pay premium for it was what it was gonna make it sell, God alone knows. I frankly don't think even they have any fucking idea. From all the accounts I've read about people working at MS there seems to be no clear direction for the company, everyone is just doing whatever and praying it doesn't come crashing down.

I'd say most users probably don't even have a TV that supports 4K. I wonder how many retards will be singing the praises of 4K, the Xbone and the PS4 on their 1080p TVs.

Didn't the Xbone mini do really well?

Look to the normalfag consumer. Why should they buy a console for netflix or Hulu when any smart TV can get that content for a fraction of the price?

No one buys discs anymore. Everything is a digital download. I find it crazy they still have goddamned spinning disc like fucking gramaphones inside consoles. It's more economical to print games onto SD cards at this point.

The "hardcore gamer" audience isn't that big. Most of those who grew up on PS2's and XBOXs have kids now. Kids nowadays do most of their gaming on smartphones and tablets. Consoles as we known them are almost anachronistic in their design. A multitool that tries to do too much and spreads itself too thin resulting in a failure of a product overall.

People said I was crazy when I predicted they'd try to turn consoles into shittier PCs. Now as for what comes next…I just don't know anymore.

It'll be cheap and fit in your hand though.

You mean the switch.

But you can get literally just that with Halo 5 Forge on the Spyware 10 Marketplace. I just hope you very specific processors that 343 used in the machines to develop the port on, because if your processor doesn't support the latest SSE 4.1 instruction set - you're fucked. The "game" won't start. Whereas most games will fall back to earlier versions of SSE, 343 is apparently too used to developing for set console hardware, and considers it a waste of time to develop a PC port that takes into account multiple different hardware configurations. This leads to the hilarious situation where people are on the Spyware 10 Store bitching about how their Intel i7 processors are "not powerful enough to run Halo 5".

Good to see we have some Anons with reading comprehension. But yea I'm looking towards the switch, smart phones, tablets and whatever else comes down the pipe that will appeal to the younger ones these days.

I'm not into Nintendo like I used to be but I respect the game they're playing.

honestly i dont see tablets holding with kids compared to smartphones, a tablet can be nice, i got an amazon fire for £20 on black friday for netflix, email and novels to replace my dying 7 year old kindle but the big ipad sized ones? that isnt quit 'mobile' compared to a phone. i think smartphones have kids locked up for years just like in nippon. the less new they are the more the tablet fad dies and they become another pager or organizer where some buy them for specific reasons but they arent something everyine craves like a smartphone.

This is a really sad fact of the current gen, and it's been building since the last couple of gens. MS with OG Xbox made it popular that you can have DLC/updates on consoles, then further expanding Live with the 360 and popularizing game patches and installing games. Sony with PS3 the made it popular all the mandatory installs for games and updates for both software and firmware.

Maybe they'll justify their purchases with the prospect of supersampling/downsampling and say they get less jaggies.

You underaged fuck, everyone was satisfied with 800x600 years ago. If you're going to dismiss progress because "w-well what we have is good enough" why don't you go to africa and become a tribal nigger?

Yea, a throwaway smart phone in the sub $100 range does a decent job of staying in step with PSPs and DSs graphically for the most part. Get a mini USB controller and there's a shittone of emulated and newly developed games available for smartphones.

I have nothing but contempt for people who purchase modern microsoft products.

I'm not dismissing progress you stupid cunt, I'm just making a comment on market trends. The average consumer could give less of a shit about 4K because it's not that big of a jump from what they currently have on the market, and I bet most of them just aren't willing to invest in a new gimmick that has come out so soon after the last one.

Now go take your shekels.

Problem is that most phone users aren't gonna buy a controller for their phone, and while modern smartphones have relatively powerful hardware they're still held back by poor touch controls in terms of vidya, and no one seems quite capable of figuring out an elegant, mass market solution.

It doesn't help either that many mobile games out right lack controller support.

You said it right in the beginning of your post. Future game 'platforms' like Playstation, Xbox, Steam and Nintendo will become 'apps' like Netfix or Hulu.

Go to any electronics store and you'll see it beginning already. TVs and bluray players already come with Playstation Now on it. Just buy a controller and you can stream games to it and play. Asides for Nintendo, who are always a bit behind, all the major companies were making a lot of noise about streaming to thin clients. It's also why major publishers like Ubisoft or EA are trying to get their own digital storefronts going.

Actually doesn't the Nintendo Switch also do streaming locally as well? Everybody is in on this fad.

Streaming is a crapshot unless they magically fix the latency issues, or somehow, magically, make uncapped broadband widespread. But good luck with that considering many places in the US and Canada have outrageous price programs.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA
You can get 10, if not 100 BD-DLs (50gb) for the same price as 1 64gb SD card.

Name 3 good PS4 games? I cant. The best game it has is full of shitty design choices and constantly has under 30fps.

Only if you consider the Ps4 and Xbone to be the only consoles. The Wii U has a handful of worthy games. As always, the only things you need are a PC and Nintendo system and you miss nothing. Sony and MS consoles are sideshows for suckers.

Ace Combat isn't gonna be an exclusive, is it?

The idea right now is you have a local box that does the streaming on your wifi network, that's how it works for Valve's big picture mode and the xbone to a certain extent. I'm guessing neither of them are very popular and they're more research projects to produce patents. I think I saw a thread on here about nvidia getting involved in streaming as well.

This isn't a problem at all, they can cohost at internet exchange points and provide the bandwidth for free to ISPs so the consumer doesn't have to pay for it. Unlike Netflix that can build up a buffer they need low latency all the time for their system to work.

Ace Combat as a series hasnt been worth playing in a long time imo. I dont have any hope for AC7.

Spear chuck smartphone meme please.

Dead on arrival.

Yeah, I totally see MS and Sony doing this, not like they already force you to pay for the "privilege" of playing on their shitty, high latency servers.

I would. If someone could put together a cheap and well designed product I'd be after it.

I thought I had seen a concept art of a fold apart smart phone/tablet controller floating around on Holla Forums that you could attach to your device and basically fit whatever you attach it to.

The only reason I don't do more mobile gaming is battery life and the fact my PC has more games on it I want to play right now.

That's changing…slowly.

Smart phones are getting pretty beefy tech wise so playing the games locally will be as important if not more so than streaming. The biggest hurdles I can see is local storage and battery life.

Local storage is becoming less of an issue with the rise of SD-cards.

Battery life is what properly fucks over mobile gaming for me right now. That and my phone turns into a hot tamale with extended play

As for as streaming HD games to phones I'd have to see how bad the latency is before I render a judgement.

What the hell are you going to put on them? You look at these numbers but you're not extrapolating what they mean.

What's the use of a bulky disc that can only be written on a few times and turns into a scratchy piece of shit over time? At this point most discs are overly elaborate digital keys. Go ahead and try to play any current gen game without an internet connection for an extended period of time without a steady supply of game fixes and assorted patches.

Tell me how that works out for you.

also fuck proprietary formats

Cost of medium isn't the only cost you have to consider in this case. Disc readers cost money, and take up valuable space within the console.

The cheapest blu-ray reader at my local computer shop is $51 (AUD) according to google, but the cheapest card reader is $9.

I think Microsoft or Sony could pretty easily justify using SD cards over Discs given that it would drive the initial price of the console down, and allow them to fit more shitty technology in their DRM boxes. There would naturally be a markup on the price of games, but if living in Australia has taught me anything, its that consoletards will splurge big on games; my local game store sells new PS4 releases for $100, $110 for the blockbuster releases.

I probably would have bought an Xbone if it supported keyboard+mouse controls and had minimum guaranteed framerate over 60fps.

Nothing gives that guarantee, not even PC's, although those are for some game's code reasons

There's no way in fuck Microsoft is pulling out of the console business, with the streetshitter in charge their entire coporate strategy has shifted towards market cap and locking people into their ecosystems. Fuck knows how many billions they've blown on acquiring Nokia but I can guarantee it dwarfs the losses of the xbox division by a considerable margin.

The only way this madness ends is if in a couple years they shift back to software and focusing on developers (shaving off unprofitable ventures in the process) instead of their current track of DEVICES AND SERVICES (which is just marketing speak for pimping phones and apps to as many goys as possible), in which case they'd probably auction off the whole of xbox to Gayben or some sandnigger sheik with a hardon for Forza.

Considering things like Fire TV exists the "mobile" market could very easily slide ass backwards into becoming consoles.

Why would MS give up, when they have all these top quality games coming to the Xbox One via the Unified Marketplace. Xbox One confirmed for 13,000 console exclusive titles in 2017. Suck a big fat dick Sony ponies.

Sony always wins.

Things seem pretty bleak but it is ripe for another golden age of consoles. The Switch will likely be a success because it is been so long since a Nintendo mobile upgrade, and the tv-out portion will end up being a nice to have bonus– giving Nintendo an out basically to delay their 'real' home console release until after Scorpio and whatever PS4.5 or 4.8 comes out in response. This is Xbox's last chance, if they underwhelm or give any indication that it is a milking machine or spy device or under-powered or over-heating– it will certainly fail at launch. It has to be stellar, they have to take a loss on the machine and they have to have a launch releases that come from nowhere and allure. Whatever they do will be interesting, yet the competition's response will be even more. Backwards compatibility from the start is mandatory since the number of great games in recent years is minimal if any. I am hoping for some over powered consoles and a standard that all mobile consoles can HDMI out to occur.

That's the most horrifying aspect of all this.

Man, you can see how they don't even have a clue about their market when they shove AAA releases among shovelware made in some Chinese or Brazilian office. This smells of shareholders thinking "video games right? that thing my niece plays on her tablet?"

A slow push, as they have been doing, into their NSA windows 10. By "next gen" there will either be xbox one pro 2, or just keep releasing shit on xbone until the few people left stop buying entirely.

PS4 sold a lifetime 60Mil last month
Xbox will just rebrand themselves and play the waiting game as people forget about 2013 and Nintendo will just keep selling their brandname games no matter what to stay afloat.

Consoles ain't going anywhere soon unfortunately.
And pieces of shit like these that sell at a loss and iterative harware will be the standart as normalfags eat shit up because "muh exclusives", "muh brand" and heavy marketing.

A quarter of people here have bought a PS4 due to brand loyalty, another quarter for Bloodborne and yet another quarter for announcements games that haven't even been released many of which will likely get ports in the future.

Meant profit
Meaning they're its hardware that makes a profit for each individual console.

Another golden age of consoles
>>>/out/

It didn't cost them anything in fact they saved money by buying it:

ibtimes.com/minecraft-nokia-skype-how-microsoft-buys-overseas-companies-avoid-us-taxes-1693869

Once Trump gets into office and lowers the tax rates on profits generated overseas this behaviour might stop. But again for accounting purposes they need to spend money, they can't just reinvest it or pay out dividends. What they're doing may appear to be idiotic but it isn't.

What madness? They're making good money and their stock is very healthy. The outreach into the consumer devices market may be an ongoing disaster but their 'unprofitable ventures' like Bing are paying off now that they're putting it on the taskbar and shoving W10 down everybody’s throat.

They wanted to turn the xbox into a tv/movie brand(remember Quantum Break or that Halo series?) and it failed just as kinect did when motion controls were hot. Whatever the next fad is they'll try to associate it with xbox, they're not going to start from scratch after they spent so much time and money on the brand.

It's not going away.

Ace Combat 7 has not been released and considering Bandai Namcos latest moves I highly doubt it will be.
Sony has frequently paid third party companies to keep other platforms in the dark as to advertise their own platform.

They're still advertising Nier Automata has an exclusive, even now.

You're wrong there. If 7th gen taught us anything it's that hardware is sold at a loss or break even. So you save $42 on the console cost, but now every game costs much much more to print. How long until you're losing money on making SD media? People buy a console once, but they can buy 2, 5, 10, 20, etc games for it.
Cheapest 64gb SD card I can find online is $15 for one card.
Cheapest price on BD-DLs is $25 for 10 discs.
Cheapest price on BD (25gb) is $20 for 50 discs.

Isn't it on PC, too?
Can't wait until you buy the PS4/Xbone EXCLUSIVE version of the game and it has fine print that says "This Xbox One version disc exclusively plays on Xbox One consoles".

Not anymore
All of the 8th Gen consoles are sold at a profit.

Can I see the source on that?
If you're right, then fuck, I made my calculations for when consoles had games to sell not 1 exclusive a year if you're lucky.

It's a long shot, but on a bit of a plus-side… mobile and F2P could have a somewhat positive influence on gaming in general… provided they offer games as F2P as a tier, with the option to unlock the full and complete game for a payment. Essentially, making a round-about return to the days of Shareware where you used to get up to 1/3rd of an entire game for free as a demo. The problem with that model was that breaking games into episodic chunks and giving the first one away for free only really incentivized you to play 1/3rd of a game for free. By offering the full game for free with microtransactions - developers could still soak up micro-shekels from users that would have otherwise never buy the full game, as well as providing a 30/40/60 dollar out for those who just want to pay for the game and not have to deal with micro-transaction faggotry. It also helps lessen the impact of piracy since the games are being given away for free anyhow.

I can easily pirate, but for a lot of people who don't - the transition to a digital only market is going to be rough when nobody really puts out demos anymore and you can't rent or trust reviewers. They just have to gamble with what they see in bullshit hype and doctored screenshots and hope it runs on their machine, and that any major problems/grievances end up manifesting before the refund period expires.

It'll never happen, since that'd be far too consumer friendly for modern devs. But in theory it could.

On the bright side, if it does happen there's a good chance we might actually get a competent PC port of Halo 3.

Project Scorpio has to fail big time. I'm suspecting they are going to sell the system at a loss and try to make up for it with really expensive developer fees like they did with the X-Box 360

Yes it is
Was advertised as being an exclusive and yet months later this happened.

Reminds me of games like Tomb Raider that were advertised as exclusives, Lara even turned into a mascot for the PS1.
Ans yet the PC version was a thing and Sony had paid EIDOS for timed exclusivity, so the game only came to the Saturn one year later.

Yet most normalfags think the game/s was/were PS1 exclusive.
When the three versions were pretty much identical

I don't know how it is in your country, but in Australia we used to have new releases come out at $70 or $80. (Thats AUD)

This generation, PS4 and Xbone new releases have been sold at $100 or $110. I spoke to the cashier at my local gameshop, and he said its because the blu-rays make it more expensive.
My normalfag friends don't mind paying extra because 'the quality of the game is much better now'.

You could easily sucker people into paying $125, or even $130 for games, if the marketing played up the faster load times. Less moving parts would probably make for a sturdier console too. I don't think anyone from Holla Forums would buy into it, but I can imagine casuals believing that they are 'paying for quality' when they buy Microsoft branded GameCards™.

Thats fucking insane. Does that apply to digital games as well?

All this talk about SD cards vs optical media misses the fact that they don't need rewritable flash memory to distribute games, cheaper read only would suffice. Or that production bluray disks are stamped at a factory and cost more to ship than to make, which is why they want to move to digital distribution.

Sony and Microsoft want their consoles to be an all in one media center while Nintendo never did asides for the Panasonic Q experiment. Even when there was a DVD drive in the Wii they lied and said it couldn't play movies. It makes sense for them to get rid of an optical drive.

No way, it cant be. There had to be something else.

Speaking of PC ports, wasn't one of the big excuses that Bungie used for not bringing Destiny to the PC and making it cross-play being that PC's have variable (and more powerful) hardware - so they didn't want someone with a super-powerful rig having an unfair advantage over filthy console rags. Something, something, about "even a 1 or 2 pixel difference can upset our careful balance". Ok, webm related, but also… what the fuck does that mean for the Scorpio? Are they going to backpedal on their bullshit going into Destiny 2, pretend they never said that, or are they going to lock everyone to their specific hardware platforms with no crossplay between the PC/One/Scorpio/PS4 in order to get those subsidies from Live/Plus?

He's an aussie. They've always been buttfucked like this.
What makes me laugh about his post is how the PS3 used Blu-Ray, but suddenly the PS4 made it more expensive.

Heres your reply

I remember discussing this to death with some guys here.
Can't believe its been 2 and a half years already
archive.is/lTYcG

Halo 3 is 10 years this year so its happening.
Anniversary Edition, Windows 10 exclusive, Windows Store exclusive.

95 yuropfag
Microsoft have always been kikes in my view and I've wished nothing more but their death along with their proxies.
Vidya was better before they butted in the console market.

Just checked the xbox store, the new COD is on sale right now, so its pretty cheap, but normally its $100.20

They're fucking retards m8

Ouch…

My money is after the failure of Windows 10 store. Right now they think they can export their games to Windows 10 and it will help save their OS that they couldn't even give away for free.

If the Scorpio fails, which it will. The fucker from Xbox team who couldn't keep his mouth shut about the Pro essentially killed it for them. (which is why his boss had to tell him to shut the fuck up). There is no way that Scorpio can natively render in 4k and be under 800 dollars. So either they're going to have to back peddle now and change it to upscaling which will earn them hate or they're going to have to try to push a console that no ones going to buy.

After that the investors will have their way and the black hole in their balance sheets will finally be sold off.

Forza 6 is a pretty good game tbh
Horizon is shit. Having said that, this generation is really, really shitty. Why the fuck can people not figure out how to make good videogames? What really pisses me off is that there's no good shooters.

Skyrim was better than the other ES

Why do you fags put up with this?
Why is this shit still happening in your country?
I know the Emus won the war but it can't be that bad, can it?

Fun fact. Everything is actually super cheap in Australia. It just gets taxed to hell since the Australian government has to pay the Emu's a hefty tribute each year or else they will start a Second Emu War which will threaten to go Global.

>>>/cuckchan/

Shit, I would think this would make many people turn into pirates so they still have money to buy food. Though I would expect America to be just like Australia if people were used to high prices as well, which they shouldn't accept

Kek
Seriously though, whats their justification for their the kikelike taxes?

Do you guys want to know the kicker?

Most people I know are on extremely slow internet a download speed of 300 kilobytes per second is considered pretty fast in my area. (I dont know my actual bandwidth, just that I download from steam and in firefox at around that).
I also have a cap of 100gb per month of download at that speed. If I go over that, my speed is reduced to 30 kilobytes per second.

So if I were to buy that, I would have to spend $100, A week downloading it, and then
i would have to wait for the next month to be able to play it online without horrendous lag.

Because of this, most of my friends actually buy physical games. They usually wait for it to get cheaper, but if they are particularly hype they'll shell out on day one. Because that way you can install it from the disc without having to download it. We got a nasty shock with MGSV and GTA V, had to download like 50 gigs even with the disc.

That's not really a thing any more.
I'm not sure how it works for the PS4, but with the bone, the only time the disc spins is when you put it in for the first time and it does a mandatory install.
Every time after that, when ever you put it in it just spins the disc long enough to verify it's the game you're trying to play and then it stops.
Same with the backwards compatible games, you put it in, it does a digital install, and then it just uses the disc to verify you own the game you're playing.

Horizon 3 runs like cold shit down a hot leg on the PC. Forza 6 runs decent even on older hardware, and it's free(-ish).

So yea. Forza 6 is better, if only because there's no investment required and it actually fucking works.

Fuck…
I would be going insane if I wanted to download a modern game and it was filled to the brim with gigabytes of unoptimized bloatware

WEW LAD

MotorSport is a no fun shit game thats not even a good Sim.

It's their fault for fucking up so hard wasting their time and money with xbone adding jewsense shit nobody wanted until they backed down and it just holocost them everything.

I take it you're talking about Horizon 3, since Apex is only 20GB or so. So no, I didn't even do that, because I never got Horizon 3. I just read up on it a bit and saw a ton of people flipping their lid over performance issues even on decent hardware.

And I ain't never paid a dime for a Forza game, so how much I download means exactly dick. The same way I waste tons of bandwidth by playing netflix movies in the background that I'm not even watching just to hear other people's voices, because I'm cripplingly lonely.

And I never said it was a good sim. Just that Apex was better than Forza 3, which it is, because it's free and it's playable.

Normalfags suck at everything.

Fuckoff Brazilian scum

Social skills and being the majority

3ds has some good games. etrian odyssey for starters

Handhelds are the only decent consoles nowadays due to the fact that they are small and portable.

In 2000 the federal government implemented a Goods and Services Tax (GST). It's %10 on top of everything you buy, apart from a select few exemptions like fresh foods.

Typically Australian prices will include the GST. So the $100.20 copy of Cod actually cost $91.10 and includes $9.10 of tax.

The tax was initially passed through our government under the proviso that state taxes and fees would be significantly lowered or eliminated, with the GST filling the gap.

Needless to say, few to none of the taxes or fees dissapeared.

There's also some seriously retarded shit going on where digital content is way more expensive for no reason.
Our physical stuff is more expensive, because we have a much higher minimum wage than America. Our digital stuff, which you would think would be much cheaper than the physical counterpart (since you don't need to pay every post boy and salesperson in the chain $20/hr) is set at the same prices as the brick and mortar stores.

Not to mention, some companies just make their Australian shit super expensive for no reason. My brother is a graphic designer, and he needed a copy of photoshop for work. It was cheaper for him to fly to the USA, buy the adobe package there, and fly back home than it was for him to buy it in Australia. He saved around $1000 doing that. A lot of people did it, he actually bought like 4 licences while he was over there for people back home.

I don't think its viable to do that anymore though.

I hope nintendo stops trying to make gimmicky consoles and just remakes the DS for 20 years straight with improved computing power. It really is a great handheld, but you know the next handheld from them will be shaped like a dragon dildo and get 2 games

I plan on getting a N3DS XL when the price comes down. Want to do the softmod and pirate to my hearts content. I just don't have time for gaming like I used too and most of my money goes towards weekend trips to the arcade. We have a local one now and it has everything but the cigarette smoke. Lots of good players show up every Saturday and play money matches. I wish I had more time to play with them. I've been taking dates with me as of late because there is a bar next door, only one stuck around for more than a few hours. Once I find a girl that enjoys it I'm going to marry her assuming she pasts the rest of my tests.

Nice. And what fansub group were you apart of, user? Or what did you sub? If you were in it during the 90s did you do VHS subbing too? Dayum shame fansubbing is dead. It has uses beyond just mongolian cartoons. Lots of vidya could use subs.

I'm pretty sure all the data they're selling with the bone botnet covers any losses they make.

My countries last arcade saw a literal shotout in it.
Theres literally nothing else besides really really small niche stuff that isn't even arcade related.

I was an encoder/timer that cycled between a lot of groups. I was there for the tail end of the VHS days but was a little too young (not in college yet) to be around it much. I jumped in right as the digisub era took off. My main interest was working with video and DivX 3.11 ;-) came out maybe a couple of years after I took up that hobby. Before it came out most of the stuff you could download was in real media format and was a copy of a copy of a copy of some old VHS tape someone had laying around.

Some anime I helped with: Dragon Ball GT (Z was done by then but not finished airing in America), Love Hina, Slayers, Blue Gender, Monster Rancher, Excel Saga, Lain, multiple Gundam series, El-Hazard, I could go on a lot of it I'm not proud of.

I retired in 2004 or early 2005. I came out of retirement to help with Lucky Star and haven't really watched much anime since then. I lost interest in the stuff and TV/cartoons all together. I very rarely watch TV anymore. I did enjoy Space Dandy and watched the dub on Adult Swim like a normalfag. I dropped 4 hits of LSD and timed the peak for when the final episode premiered. I don't remember much about the ending other than it looked freakin' amazing, that show had killer animation.

That ain't so ba-
YOU FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER I'LL KILL YOU I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU HELPED TO RUIN THE MEDIA, GO BACK TO /a/

Lucky Star was fun for the references user, not our fault faggotry ruined it.

Favorite project ever was Battle Programmer Shirase. I still want to know how it ends…

THOSE CANCEROUS PIECES IF SHIT DIDN'T EVEN GET THE REFERENCES, THEY WERE JUST IN IT FOR THE MOESHIT, THEN A SIMILAR SHOW COMES ALONG THATS ACTUALLY GOOD AND THEY DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT OR BUY IT!!!
I FUCKING HATE WEEABOOS
At least theres still some good shit out there, thank you for your work user, I actually liked some of those shows

It was a joke gift for a friend's 21st. He's a duke of Sealand now.

You have no idea how guilty I feel about spreading so much degeneracy. If we knew what type of hell we'd spawn we would have kept the fansubs to ourselves.

The Xbone is a console second, but its primary purpose is to be a trojan horse to get MS in to the living room so they can datamine and offer you secondary services.

Wii U has better exclusives than all of them, look how that turned out. Shit marketing killed the Wii U, and a terrible reveal killed the Xbone.

I saw Halo 5 on sale for $25 in Australia during the Boxing Day sales. That's about the same as it selling for $10 in the US. It's almost literally in the bargain bin already.

Xbox always does well in the US. It's the primary market. Everywhere else it's an also-ran, at best they come out even.

Tablets are big with kids, no pun intended. For one, they're a status symbol for when they can play on the "big" phone, and two, they're better for watching movies. It's quite common now to see a go-bag for a kid with a change of clothes, snacks, and a tablet in there so they can watch movies in the backseat of the car during trips. Much like we saw in the Switch reveal with Mario Kart now that I think about it. Nintendo will still fuck it up somehow though, can't wait for Friday.

To show how fucked MS' priorities were when the 360 launched, Australia was the second best selling market for the original Xbox per capita in the world. So what did they do? Delayed the launch of the 360 in Australia until March the following year so they could ship a million 360 units to Japan. And I can guarantee you that there are still unsold boxes of those original million units.

The Xbox and 360 actually did well in Japan all things considered. Tons of devs were showing support for the original and the 360 got a lot of things you wouldn't expect. Not to mention it became the preferred platform for SF4 tournaments. That embarrassed Sony so much that they started forking out money again for exclusives.

But nintendo doesn't want rare on nintendo consoles.

>>>/suicide/

I bought an Xbone to play Raiden V and some 360 games I never had the chance to play. It accomplishes that much with ease, and I get "free" games with XBL (that I get for free just for using Bing)

It's alright.

That video made me sad.

(checked)
The Australian government actually launched an inquiry into the pricing of digital goods and, I shit you now, their response was basically "there's no reasonable justification for this fuckery, we recommend Australians use VPNs to get around geoblocking to pay a more reasonable price" and stated that piracy was only a problem because content wasn't readily available at reasonable prices here.
Our own fucked up government even realised how fucked this shit is and basically told us to cheat our way to fair prices and said that piracy is the fault of licence holders. It was fucking great.
On the other hand, with physical goods, Nintendo actually dropped prices by $20-$30 on games across the board and are now (usually, barring significant fluctuations) usual at around parity with US prices.
The bullshit about minimum wage is nonsense, our actual buying power here (which takes a lot of factors, not just wage but cost of living and other things in to account) is about the same as in the US.

That's the plan with the Switch user. Unified OS and hardware with incremental SOC upgrades every couple of years with hardware refreshes. No more splitting first-party dev time across handheld and console so one platform gets all the games and there's no repeat of the "launch 3DS, system undersells, launch Wii U, divert resources to save 3DS, Wii U dies due to lack of resources" debacle of this gen.

Then why the fuck do publishers keep doing it?
On fucking digital media of all things?
It makes mo fucking sense outside of transport costs for physical or governmment fuckery.
Why does it happen?

Land of shitposting indeed

That's Advanced Warfare, you nigger. It came out in 2014… Why the fuck is a two year old fucking CoD 100$?

I didn't even notice that
Holy shit

They do it because they can.

Isn't it still the latest one? I don't keep up with CoD anymore but they're like Madden games. They ask full price + DLC/season pass ($20 minimum) for it until the next one comes out a year later. Then the old one is laying in the bargain bin for $5.

That's why they like digital so much they can keep the prices artificially high. I thought about buying a 4 year old CoD game on PC once then I saw that they wanted $40 for it and noped the fuck out.

They do it because they're greedy fucking jews, but also because brick and mortar stores threaten not to stock their shit unless there's price parity because they don't want to be undercut. EB Games in Australia outright refused to stock or sell the PSP Go at all because it was digital only. Since most (console) money is made from brick and mortar stores the higher prices continue.
The Catch 22 is that if there were no brick and mortar stores there would be even less competition (B&M stores compete with each other on prices but in a digital walled garden that's fucking impossible) so prices would only be higher.

Infinite Warfare is the new one they shat out this season. Advanced warfare you can get for like 15$ physical here in Leafistan; probably cheaper across the border in Burgerland.
There is absolutely no fucking excuse for that level of kikery.

They could sell more by not being extreme kikes.

Latest is Infinite Warfare
It doesn't really matter anymore though
They're all the same shit
Last decent one worth owning was released 9 years ago.
Believe me user
Pirate it, no kike publisher deserves your money and WaW is pretty small.

I should have known
When its not one kike, its another

Fucking hell

They could sell more, but they make more profit by selling it higher.

But of course

Hardcore halo fan here. 343 has done a shit job with the state of the universe as a whole, as well as the in game stories, but their novels are surprisingly really excellent, about on par with bungie's

4's got a decent campaign, shit story, and eh MP with a forge on par with 3's. That may not sound terrible, but "Decent" and especially "Eh", for a Halo game, is a pretty big drop in quality, though i'd argue the campaign is better then CE's just due it starting to show it's age
5's got an eh campaign and eh story, but absolutely fantastic multiplayer, my second favorite in the series, and without question the best forge and custom game potential in the entire franchise by a gigantic margin.

343 has fucked up alot, but not nearly as badly as people them out to be, and judging by how well they learned from 4's MP sucking so much relatively and how much better 5's was, 6 actually has the potential to be one of the best games in the franchise if they learn from 5 by the same amount.

Hey, I'll happily shit on 4k.
The difference in noticable quality between 1080p and 4k resolution is neglible to the average person.
"So? The difference between 720 and 1080p could be argued as neglible too, yet it is clearly a step forward in quality" you might say. And you are right.

However, this is not reason enough to adopt this technology, given a few reasons.
In regard to video games, consoles run on hardware that is trumped by even budget PCs. Therefore, enforcing a higher resolution as a graphical standard means a developer must either comprimise visual detail or accept an FPS drop.
If consoles weren't such underpowered pieces of shit, this wouldn't be a problem. And no, the new ps4 and xbone models are not powerful enough to meet this standard. There have been plenty ofbreakdowns of the hardware at digital foundry, which I suggest you warily check out as eurogamer is an anti-gg cucksite.

For TV and other entertainment, we are not ready for 4k. in 2014, netflix accounted for around 30% of internet traffic in the US, and I believe that number has slightly grown since. As you know, netflix broadcasts are in 1080p on all but the most cheapest subscription option. In this thought experiment, we will assume that the majority of netflix users are on an HD service - I'm sure that this is true anyway, but I haven't found any formal study or statistics about their userbases subscription.

While 4k resolution appears marginally better to the average human, 4k media increases exponentially in filesize.
Imagine 30% of US internet (on netflix) suddenly doubling their internet consumption as netflix adopts 4k resolution. Or 20%, or even 16%, either way, unless you're South Korea, Sweden or Japan (iirc the countries iwth the fastest internet), US internet users WILL feel a noticable slowdown in connection speeds.
All for a marginally improved picture so people can watch fucking netflix.

As we are now, we are better off sticking to 1080p console video games, so developers can make more out of the trash hardware they're forced to develop for.
As we are now, we are better off not adopting 4k until the internet infrastructure of the US improves drastically.
For a minor benifit, we pay a huge cost. Fuck it.

Ok, yeah, I also got it to play Halo with a friend. We do account sharing, so any game he buys I get to play.

343 can do whatever the fuck they want, all will be forgiven if they release 3 or Reach on PC with map tools on par with Halo CE.

They don't. They're alienating the fans who had hoped it would be continuing their beloved series, all to try to grab the cod kiddies market.
No idea why.
They've actually said themselves that they want to 'move away' from Halo's origins.

Having finished Halo CE's campaign recently on legendary, you're full of shit.

The levels in 4 are boring. The sights are boring. The story's awful, so you have no investment in the battles. The enemies are bullet sponges. There's maybe two interesting segments, one that I can definitely remember, of which was also ruined by terribly dull play going to the positions. Gunplay is also signifigantly worse. Oh, and the music was shitty, you ask me.

Considering that a good campaign is the sum of its gameplay, map design, art, soundtrack, and story, I'm inclined to say Halo CE beats it on every single front.
Please, keep in mind that this is from a recent playthrough, too. Sure, there'll be some level of nostalgia running through, but by the by, it's still damn fun. I don't remember having fun in 4.

I just want ODST.

When's the last time they've done that with a Halo game though, fam?

I only say this out of curiosity, and the fact that I miss playing all those crazy mod maps for Halo CE and was hoping the new Halo's would have good mod tools too on the PC ;_:

This will never happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. had even slower, more expensive internet with tiny data caps on the exact same infrastructure 100 years from now. By then, we'll only have one internet provider in the entire country and doing anything even remotely fun or interesting on the internet will either be impossible, or get you sent to a re-education center.

Normalfags tell me that google will save us all by running fiber everywhere. They hold out this hope for it like magical Gods are going to just come down and move heaven and Earth to run that shit to the boonies. It isn't going to happen in my life time, they'll be still trying to figure out how to make this 70 year old patched together copper go a tad faster until the day I die.

Halo 2 has a PC port, but it was shit and for Vista.

When I say "campaign", I'm specifically talking about the mission quality, story is a separate metric for me since i'm a giant autist lorefag and as a result I view that extremely importantly Anyways, I actually agree with all your criticism's of 4's campaign entirely, it's just that, at least for me, the amount of flaws CE has due to the hardware it had to run on are even worse.

The limited amount of weapons + the limited amount of enemy types for most missions + the overuse of copy pasted coordior and map geometry (something 4 also has, to be fair), wide open empty areas, and finally then reusing the first few missions for the last half of the campaign for CE, at least to me, make it the most tedious and repetitive Halo single player experience, and the minimalistic story doesn't provide you much of a rope to tug yourself along with either.

That's not to say CE has a bad campaign, it's still really fun, in fact, more fun then 4's, i'd argue, but it's also more frustrating then 4's. I feel like 4 is, essentially, a less flawed, but also less oustanding version of CE's campaign. It's got similar mission templates (compare FUD to PoA, and then Requim to Halo, even down to the exiting the interior space and having the wide open vista) as well as a similar atmosphere and, relative to the other halo titles, both 4 and CE have more synthy stuff. (though, of course, marty's work is superior).

At the end of the day, I think it comes down to if you want a sligtly more polished experience that's more middle of the road (4) or a slightly less polished expierence that has higher ups but also lower downs (CE) for that,

All of that said, I think we can both agree that regardless of that 4, should be better then it is. Even if it is as good as CE campaign wise, it came out 11 fucking years later, it should be way better then "as good".

5 got a fee w10 port for it's forge and MP a few months ago

IDGAF about the xbox brand at this point but I know America is keeping it alive. Just like the N64.

Besides if MS wants to it can remain funded forever. They're sitting on billions.

It's all so sad, I loved my OG xbox and 360.

Funny. Can anyone name me a game that is currently in development and is not scheduled to be released on the PS4? This gen is done.

The weapons in 4 are also limited, by virtue of them all being shit outside a select few. You use a DMR or other rifle throughout the entire game. Halo CE, you could get by with most anything. My personal favorite was the plasma pistol. I've found, at least in the campaign, it to be the best overall weapon.

I'd also throw in, the enemy variety in 4 was shit. You have bullet sponge guys, boring dog things that die to a single shot and aren't any real threat otherwise, and regular covenant except that there's also shieldless jackals that do the same thing as grunts [IE, die to a single shot]. Oh, and no flood.

Will definitely give you the 'reusing missions' bit, though. Personally, I didn't mind, since they were interesting, and I liked the 'go back through the place that is now overrun by flood' bit. Especially with the Pillar of Autumn. Though, I do have to disagree on the 'open empty area' bit. Occasional open areas are nice. Not everything has to be cluttered corridors.

Personally, I'd be content with 'as good as CE', but that's more due to thinking it is one of the better games in the series. It is my opinion that it has gone down hill at 3, anyway. ODST was pretty slick, but Reach was fucking awful, and only marginally better than 4.
Given that, being 'as good as CE' would be a damn godsend.

With low taxes comes bad infrastructure user. There's a 21%VAT here but the place is organised, safe and clean.
They just announced 4G mobile internet is now a basic human right. Meanwhile every US election cycle politicians are falling over themselves promising less taxes. Highways, schools, electrification: those were all publicly funded.

user, keeping schools underfunded ensures they are churning the soft-headed retards that keep voting for those same stupid policies. It's no accident.

user, pumping money into schools ensures the brainwashing cunts what desire to turn your children into raving tumblr dykes are living it up in luxury.
Or do you think colleges, that are clearly quite well funded, work?

Didn't they already solve that? Doesn't G.Fast supposedly provide between 150Mbps to up to 1Gb over copper wire? I heard performance still decreases pretty significantly with distance, but it'd still far faster than current DSL speeds - (from what I hear) not very expensive to implement.

So why the fuck isn't it happening? How much of it is just a bullshit lie to keep the suckers paying $40 a month for 3mbps while they continually promise upgrades just out of reach?

I hate both sony and microsoft, but that is a totally failling point to try and make about microsoft.

you're basically saying:

PS4 exclusives: 113
Xbox One exclusives: 34

bloody hell m8.

What war did this happen in, I know it's kikes because of the helmet but Lebanon or Yom Kippur.

I play it on xp

I got that reference

Consoles do not have much of a future. A $250 computer and $100 tablet gives a person enough content to be entertained for most of their life.

What kind of people do they even hire that would come up with ideas like this? It's like they have no idea what the average person would want to spend his money on.

Stop spreading retardation

Wew.

Anyways, X1 has more gaymes than PS4, they've just also got PC ports. PS4 locks them down to the PS4 so they can say they have more exclusives, but there's still a lack of gaymes.

5% of your games being exclusive, but having 300 games is better than 70% of your games being exclusive bwith on 200 games on the console.

:^)

Back to Reddit.
BONUS GREENTEXT ROUND:
>she cant name 3 violent video games

>she cant name 3 violent video games
Shaq Fu

My favorite thing about this console generation has been game journos response to it.

People falling over themselves to tell customers that they should be thankfull Kinect is mandatory, always online connection is a reasonable feature, and 30fps/not 1080 is a gold standard.

It goes for everything to, even shitty games. user above posted Dead Rising 1/ DR4 comparison above. Go listen to Giantbombcast where they tiptoe around with shit like "well all the originality, challenge, and fun has gone, but it's still an ok game!" with some mouthbreating idiot chiming in every two seconds to say "I hated old DR because it had a time limit, and you had to level up, and know where things where! Now all that is gone it's finally FUN!"

normalfags don't have social skills any more, honestly. Unless you count empty conversation about Game of Thrones and Westworld as 'social skills'. The NEET autists on here are honestly much, much more interesting to have conversations with. Shit's falling apart, man.

It's sad because it was a fun game. I wish it'd run at 60fps though

OP is a Nintendrone

How?

4K is just another (((meme))) to force people to buy new TVs. People got fucked by the HD-ready/FullHD thing then refused the 3D trend. 4K stuff will fail too.
If the Scorpio can aim for 1080p/60fps then it might work but Microsoft really has to give more freedom to its studios.

DMR+plasma pistol was my favorite loadout during Halo 4 campaign.

I liked the campaign, I know some people didn't like that 343i added more humanity in the Chief, I thought it was a good thing especially after all he's been through. I prefer Halo 4's art style over the one in Halo 5 (too many UNSC stuff everywhere).

That's just inexcusable…

Fair enough
Sports and cars are still more socially acceptable than vidya and firearms though, and I don't know shit about it aside from the basic stuff.
At least I can both play ball and drive pretty well.

Please tell me that this is a fucking joke

What country user?

Show me a AAA game that isn't a joke.

Well, there you have the original Dead Rising which is pretty damn good.

European Brazil

Witcher 3

touche

DR1 was good. But it's 10 years old. Look at the direction that series went in.

Ten years later and while the graphics have improved, every single other aspect of the game has been ruined.

Sunset Overdrive is actually pretty good. Plus normalfags don't care. They'll but anything. if the Xbone dies, it won't be quick

That's because Forza is ruined as they release them far too frequenly. The games are designed as if you're supposed to play them for years but BAM you got to get the next one now and you barely even have any cars yet.

Is the MP GUI still shit? Because any GUI that doesn't show players online is worthless on a console game.

If you mean 4 looks better than 1, you're fucking wrong. Zombies don't have facial animations. Mirrors don't reflect anything. They upped the polycount, had higher resolution textures, had shaders to make the zombies look like they're made out of glass/plastic, and added a gritty style to it. Any game can dump more shit onto their game, but if the devs have no fucking clue what they're doing it doesn't look better.

Well they're STILL selling it in Japan even though it only shifts about 10 units a week there. So it's fairly obvious that they don't know when they've outstayed their welcome.

Haven't they lost a lot of money with the xbox though?
I was alwys under the assumption that it would benefit them since so far it was simply a money sink.

Microsoft's attitude was always 'it's worth losing money now if it will help us corner the market later'
they've forgotten how to do the second part but they've stuck with the first part out of habit.
Whichever way it went, as long as every desktop in every business is still paying for Windows and Office, they can burn fat piles of money for no reason and be fine.

I've heard people say that the xbox division has never turned a profit. Not sure how true that is though as I've always thought the 360 would have been profitable for them.

Microsoft has been losing for a while. Between the losing console and mobile, I can't laugh enough. And damn is windows mobile terrible.

The original Xbox was the one that opened the flood gates for the console MMO/FPS genere where the whole industry was casualized, homogenized, and lobotomized into asembly line skinner boxes for the sake of muh broader appeal
All of the avove is the legacy of the Original Xbox

But Wait Theres More!

Before the Xbox, Nippon just worried about the Nippoese market and Vydia was great
After the Xbox opened the flood gates for mediocre MMO/FPSs to rake in the shekkels by selling shiny turds to normalfags
Nippon got cucked by western kikery
Not only did they indulge in the same anti consummer practices but they also westernized their games destroying their quality and even began to capitulate to SJW demands

Fukc the X Box
It couldnt die soon enough

Also they own 98% of the PC gaming maket, even though they clearly do not want people gaming on windows.

Portugal?

So true about the 4k thing and internet infrastructure. You forget that games will be more expensive to develop for too so the price of that will go up and there will be a lot more DLC as a result to make up costs.

One of the biggest complaints I heard from developers when things went HD was increased costs. More work was needed on the game to make it look and run good, so they hire more people to meet the short development times to compensate.

Wasn't Titanfall released on all platforms tho?

I'm not wrong. When I say graphics I mean textures and polycount and resolution and all that shit.

Animations aren't graphics.

I agree with you 100% completely that it doesn't really look better. And I'd take mechanics/ai/interaction over graphics any day, but that isn't what sells 10 year olds on pre-orders unfortunatly.

Titanfail 1 was xbone/PC only. Titanfail 2 is on all platforms except Wii U.

What a bummer.

Lmao OP, on what planet do you live? Xbone has cool stuff like halo 5: cucks and the kinect! And the cloud computing is going to boost the console above high end PCs! Just watch!
I get an erection just thinking about how hard scorpio is going to flop

Aye

Please.

I bought one to play exclusives with friends and for the netflix youtube crap since I dont have a smart tv

I kinda like it

Throwing more money at schools doesn't help past a certain point, user. At some point you've gotta realize the problem lies not with funding, but in either the kids, or the methods of teaching and I don't mean the teachers.

Xbone has something like 7 exclusives, and the number goes down. All the other titles are on PC as well.
Microsoft CANNOT be defended. Sony played really bad. And yet, the xbone division played even worse somehow. It's unexplainable. In the silicon vallet they must have replaced everybody with a brain with liberal arts students, it can't be otherwise.
Sony gave some good shit to their constumers. Bloodborne, last of us, Nhior or what's it's name. There is also that vydia/film thing. It's interesting shit. What does the xbone have? Nothing of appealing. You cannot defend them, and I'm not a hater, I had all the xbox.

Nintendrones are delusional like that and actually believe that other people want to play Mario 108, Zelday 55: Now Even Easier and Crossover Party Fighter 7.

Good old A. Wyatt Mann doing god's work.

Titanfall 2 is a good game though

Althought this is highly off topic, would you recommend a vacation to Portugal? My old man loves European history and since we are both hues, there would be no problems if we take a tour around?

Except literally millions of people want to play those games

Even if you discount all the "Also on PC" exclusives and PS3+Vita remasters, the PS4 still has more exclusives than Xbone

Not that it matters, since only console warring plebs argue over which of their playboxes has the most games.

The damage is already done, since Sony moved their PlebStation division to California and copied all of Microsoft's kikery for the PS4.

Too bad the ps4 only has one good exclusive.
Also

And the only good Xbone exclusive is Sunset Overdrive, since everything else is also on PC. They're both awful consoles.

Most people are good goyim who also watch Marvel films, what's new?

No, but if they're gone then Sony will have the monopoly and it's not a good thing. The console market needs competition.

I needed to take a break after 6 minutes in because of how depressing this is. Jesus. Poor dead rising.

archive.fo/kvNKN

Wow, the Xbone is really fucked now.

I don't even know what to expect with the Scorpio at this point, I'd be surprised if they bothered to release the damn thing.

That's what happens when a Japanese developer decides to support an Xbox console.

Who gives a fuck? Nintendo and PC is all you have ever needed, and neither of them will be impacted in the slightest by MS stepping out. The only people who buy shitstation products are total moron fanboys and casuals.

user…

FTFY

Now that Scalebound is dead, is there anything else left for this utter failure called Xbox One?

Over the whole history of the xbox division MS has lost a few billion.

The reason why MS is still in thia business is because it works as brand recognition. Besides MS has cash to burn.

Animations are definitely a part of graphics. Especially facial animations.

PS1 and N64 saw the introduction of decent FPS on consoles, Medal of Honor and Goldeneye
RPG's and MMO trash, along with a massive casual mainstream pandering happened with the big campaign for the PS2
The rest is Sony fan denying its crimes not worth replying due to sheer Reddit ignorance
The original had no crimes other than pay online, which was due to specialized servers (not worth it thou), the 360 was just reclaiming the PS2's audience

It doesn't even have Skyrim, that was just promotional footage that Bethesda let Nintendo use. Zenimax has gone on record saying they have no plans to port Skyrim to the Switch.

It's 100% a bullshit lie to milk as many shekels as possible thanks to their monopoly status. It's cheaper to not upgrade the infrastructure and overcharge than it is to upgrade the infrastructure at all. They can charge whatever they want for the use of the current decaying infrastructure because they have no competition.

If anything Sony is going to die before MS and thats when shit will truly hit the fan, since no competition As a company Sony is doing like shit, one of the few departments that is actually making money is the Playstation. Seeing as the Xbone can actually do 4K, despite it being a meme, is probably not going to be too good for the PS4. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Sony go bankrupt in this decade. So much for Nintendoom….

So Raiden V and Forza Horizon 3 for the XB1 and with the PS4 It's Bloodborne and games that aren't out yet

Is that Godzilla game any good?

I see 30 so called "PS4" Exclusives on that list that I know are on the PS3, the Vita or PC
And I know I've still missed a few

Don't forget that they ignore PS3/Vita games even if the PS3/Vita version is also retail so even then

A-anyone know if the Dead Rising HDs turned out good at least?

SCALEBOUND IS CANCELLED

gematsu.com/2017/01/scalebound-officially-cancelled

They're on PS4/PC and yes they are.

That's good at least, don't give a damn about anything after OTR. Do they include all DLC? (I know 1 doesn't have any though)

We know

Even Microsoft has given up on the xbone, they're hastily porting everything to win10 in the hopes their braindead console users downgrade and use that.
They get more money from stealing and selling user data anyway.

Welcome to 2012. Meanwhile in 2017.
thedailyleicester.com/todays-top-gainers-in-the-market-sony-corporation-nysesne-from-consumer-goods-30/

4's multiplayer was pretty shit but it's still notable for actually having a fairly large modding community, on a console game no less.

Discs still are useful because 1) not everyone has grade-A quality internet speeds and reliability, 2) even if they do there's pesky traffic limits that suck balls 3) I can play on a friend's console without any login bullshit / if the console is not activated as primary and there's no PSN service because it broke again I can still play it
I'm from a 3rd world hole and buy games physically by couriering them from the US, and it costs me an extra $2 or $3 for the transport itself. If I left the console downloading continuously I would certainly get to play the game faster than what it'd take for it to get shipped and brought here, but digital prices are shit - a couple months after a game is out, the amazon prices are slashed to 60% if not more (there are exceptions, such as Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, but that one I got day 1 because it was worth it).

I'm from the old cart days, and there is something special about having the physical media itself. There aren't even manuals anymore unless it's a JP game, but at least when I have a disc to work with, nobody can magically make my 'game license' stop working like Konami did with P.T.
Cards could be used with a desktop console, but manufacturing processes make discs a lot cheaper. The hardware itself can fail (laser, assembly, motor, whatever) but it can be repaired. When servers inevitably die due to overloads, hacking or permanently due to end of support all these digital games are going to the trash. Just like it does with Nintendo systems right now if yours gets stolen or irreversibly damaged - game auth keys are only in the system so if it's dead your digital content dies with it. (this retarded setup is what allows 3DS CFW users to get pirated games straight from Ninty's servers, it's hilarious)
Netflix also loses movies at times due to licensing bullshit. If I have a dvd or BD of a movie, no dying company or rights expiration can take it from me.
Streaming is pretty cool and stuff, but there are drawbacks. And remote game playing (ps now, the new nvidia ripoff, etc) are not the ideal solution when playing games that are heavy on quick reflexes.
The usual casuals won't care, but others prefer physical media, just like I do.

They're good.

Back to my hate of digital shit however, the only way to get Off the Record is via a shitty digital bundle. The physical version of DR1 is complete but the disc for DR2 doesn't include OTR.

Checked.

No. Disks are still relevant because you can walk into any used game store and pick up older and new-ish titles for $5~$15 at pretty much any time. Prices on digital games almost never go down aside from sales, and even then, they don't go down nearly enough. At least with physical disks, they have the consumer advantage/reseller disadvantage of taking up physical space on a store shelf/warehouse. Space that could be taken up by much more profitable games, so sales on physical copies are often bare bones slashes just to get them the fuck out of inventory.

And THEN, come all the other advantages.

I cannot agree with this statement more

True, I forgot about that.
I get most of my games sealed new, and they're still heavily discounted even in that condition. Used they're even cheaper to get, although at times it means a busted box.
It all comes down to not only being cheaper but also more convenient. It's a win-win.

Just wait for the 360 emulator

Fuck man I still haven't forgiven you faggots for actually buying Modern Warfare 2

I'm not sure I would agree. Outside of like, legendary, and the palsma pistol, you can do fine in the campaign of 4 with any gun, though obvioiusly precision guns are best, but that's true of CE as well: the magnum is easily without question the best gun in the game. I really don't think weapon balance is a good arguement for or against any halo title relative to each other because to be honest, every halo game outside of 5 has pretty fucking terrible weapon balance.

What's your deal with reach?

Every Ace Combat game but one (which was a shitty spinoff) has been exclusive.

There was a playable VR demo at the PlayStation conference not long ago. They've said it's coming out in 2017. I'm not worried.

Underage faggot detected

Kek, but yeah this generation was way cheaper than the previous one, thats the whole point. The X360 actually launched with a GPU architecture from AMD that wasn't available on PCs yet and PS3's CELL was really fucking advanced

Compare that with the current gen that has meh GPUs coupled with the same fucking CPU cores that AMD makes for tablets, not even ultrabook-grade

To give you an idea of the impact the PS4 port of GTAV has LESS cars on the highway at a time than the PS3 original because the PS4's shitty atom-grade CPU can't handle as many NPC cars as the circa-2006 CELL on the PS3 did

So was Ridge Racer

Nah, this has to be bullshit
Rockstar even advertised "more cars" as a feature of the ports.
Source?

There were a bunch of videos showing there were more cars on the PS3 version than the PS4 version

Link them to me

1992 - 2002 was the greatest era in vidya. If you want to get more specific, just go with 1998.

Sent that to a friend whom I've been slowly leading into the PC life, he was surprised at the difference and didn't understand
The seeds of doubt are planted and growing slowly, feels good man

How about you search those yourself you lazy faggot

oh shit seriously nigger?

It's true, see

There's a distinction to be made between graphical fidelity, art direction, and attention to detail.

This user isn't wrong

We didn't know how good we had it until the jews came in a corrupted it.

It got shit reviews.

I remember that, i was helping aus anons picking VPNs last year after that report on a few boards here on 8ch. Good times.

Nowadays online services are wising up to VPN usage from australia and now VPNs are constantly upgrading hardware and software to beat it and are heavily advertising (online) to aussie IPs.

The Xbox One is truly the no games console of this generation. What the fuck are you talking about with the PS4 having no games? Hell, my Xbox One is being used more as a Netflix machine these days while I play games on the PS4 and PC. Last game I played on the Xbox One was Black Flag and that wasn't even an exclusive.

I swear you Microsoft shills are the worst on these websites.

I have and therea nothing
If you have no source to back up your claims then why even reference it?
You have all the tools at your disposal to post them righr here, you're the one with something to prove.
Nice proxy by the way

They still exist?

1995-2004 but 1998 in video games was 1994 for movies.

After everything they've done on the PC front, MS could burn for all I care.

Was there ever any doubt that the beta uprising would be anything other than quiet and autistic?

Yeah, because it's cancelled.

1992 you should say

Controversial opinion:

Video games, in terms of average quality, are the best they've ever been. Shovelware being dead alone causes that, let alone the increases in content, general level of polish, and video and audio quality. It just doesn't seem like it because A: as a result, a game being great isn't anything exceptional, it's just the norm, and B: Even if games are better, they are a lot more derivative and there's less variety. It doesn't seem like stuff is better if every new game is just a slightly different .001% better version of stuff we saw from the last 4+ years

Thanks for correcting my statement which was correct when I posted it faggot.

I should've specified: 1992 for movies, instead of 1994

xbox will never die because they have PC to fall back on.

No one fucking uses linux. Microsoft can shove dildo's up your ass and get away with it. Linux will NEVER EVEEEEERRRR take off for gaming.

What are you talking about Goyim? It saved it!

Meanwhile THEIR OWN Dead Rising 1 review. Wew.

I want Xbox to die and Microsoft to leave gaming just for the sheer ass pain when an even bigger company the normalfags love like Apple or Samsung comes in and completely rapes Sony to death with a better console for less money and even more extreme money hats like FIFA and COD exclusively on the Samsung Galaxy Console. Never ever on PS4 while Sony tries to shill its moviegames and fails because no one buys PS4 for Sony's exclusives.

Meanwhile Nintendo sits in a corner, selling well and producing good game after good game while PC Gaming becomes stronger.

It would be the greatest timeline. Especially since Sonyggers would have memed their own destruction of their kike company.

there are some real issues with your third picture.

of course the sony developed system looks similar to the PS1.
a clamshell design (not on a system, mind you) is hardly copying.
snes controller and PS1 controller are similar.
sliding phones were all the rage back then and sony didn't copy the design as much as they embraced it.
i don't see a similarity between the analog stick on a Dualshock and on a n64, also you could claim nintendo copied sega because of the XE-1.
move is obviously a knock-off of a Wii.
the tablet comparison doesn't need to be explained.
gun controllers have existed for decades, and to claim sony copied a piece of plastic and made their own piece of plastic doesn't prove anything.
Six Axis and Tilt controller have zero connection whatsoever
Pocket Pikachu is a rip off of Tamagotchi, and the Pocket Station is a rip off of the VMU.
I've never played famicom wars or dark cloud so I can't make a judgment.

all in all, typical Nintendo fan boy post.
can't wait until they go bust and have to jew out to Apple and Google

I've never seen a poster this delusional it's incredible

Shovelware isn't dead. Most games, especially on Steam, are shovelware, and have little polish and less audiovisual fidelity. This tide of shitty cash grabs by self-aggrandizing amateurs has made it much harder for good indie games to get noticed, unless their developers are part of the SJW journo clique.
At the same time, AAA is in a shambles–occasionally they know what they're doing, but most of them are still stuck in this "expand the audience" mode, which usually means "make games that a chimpanzee with Down syndrome could play, and fill it with shiny graphical shit so they think it's good." This leads to high budgets and few (if any) risks. It's also no longer tied to reality, since the AAA market is finished growing. The middle market is still barely there, but it's holding on by a thread. When was the last time a middle market game was a hit?

I do. I dual-boot it with Win7, though. There are actually quite a lot of Linux users on Holla Forums, and the pool of Linux games is almost respectable now, even without accounting for WINE.

This is the most retarded shit i've read so far this year.

I've heard the comparison of steam greenlight or even mobile titles to shovelware before and while it's an interesting one I don't think it's really analogous. Rather, I would say steam greenlight/mobileshit is analogous to flash and browser games from back in the day, like the shitty part of the newgrounds. Mobile tie in's for movies and such, perhaps, but even if you count that, mobile games are so separated from conventional vidya that it's not even really the same medium and isn't in the equation.

Again, I get what you are saying, especially regarding the middle market bit, but I would still argue that despite much of what you are saying here being accurate, on any objective level AAA games, in terms of quality, are better then they used to be compared to 2-3 or more generations ago, though I think there is a strong arguement to be made that Gen 7 games were better. If you include indie games into the equation, I'm even more sure of my case there. Yes, modern AAA games are extremely deritive and uninnovative and are bland as fuck, but it's possible for something to be bland and still good, and like it or not, modern AAA games, by any objective measure, look better, sound better, have more content, have more polish, and don't really play worse or at least not that much worse then older titles, even if they don't play better.

I think a lot of people forget how buggy and janky older games could be and how long we've come in terms of quality of life features. Even as early as 3 generations ago, half the fucking time you put a catridge into a console it wouldn't read and you had to take it out and back in a dozen fucking times just to get it to load, and even then freezes and crashes were common, as were bugs and glitches. We meme now about PC ports being shit but that was the AVERAGE level of buggyness of games before like,late 6th gen/early 7th gen.

What's the point in setting the game in a mall with hundreds of different stores if you can't use any of the unique items in those stores? Why remove key features in the remake? You had to know what you were doing Capcom.

Even discounting mobile games, most Greenlight and early access games are shovelware. I don't think they're analogous to flash/browser games, because many (most?) of them are 3D games, often played in first-person. Also, those flash games were free, and they weren't sold alongside "real games" (for lack of a better term). If you want to completely exclude Greenlight and early access games from the conversation, that's fine by me, but I didn't get that impression.

They almost always look better and their controls and UI are almost always superior–and that's it. I'd use "polish" to describe that, not "quality." Wide-release 3D games, back in the day, varied wildly in terms of polish and quality. These days, for AAA games, the variance is much narrower, but we've lost both the peaks and the valleys–no AAA game is going to release with a UI that's utter dogshit, but none of them come close to the heights of design or mechanical ingenuity that the '90s (and, to some extent, early '00s) brought us. Most of the time, modern AAA games aren't coming from a place of consistent design philosophy, and that's a huge loss for the medium.

I don't have a problem with that, actually. Games are an iterative medium. A game with no innovation can be good, and a highly innovative game can suck.

I remember 1997 too user.

I really have no sympathy for my friends who bought Xbox One nor do want to purchase one after that "Always online" bollocks.
343 screws up Halo 5 CJ in space: Following Master Chiefs Train edition driving a nail into the foot of an already limping console before other exclusive failed to deliver the sales that MS sorely needs
I enjoyed the 360 era and COD MW2 while it was still good.
It's time to let go MS.

I only purchased a 360 for Fallout 3, Fallout 4 is utter garbage and instantly saved me from buying a PS4, i really should of made a Gaymin PC but i don't have space for a fucking tower+Monitor+Desk in this Japanse living space i call a room

That implies marriage.

100kbs wasn't standard until 2003

Y'all keep screaming about MS pulling out from console war never know how it feels to be a Segafag. Right now MS is acting very similarly like Sega before its collapse, it was so arrogant about being a console powerhouse it did a lot of stupid shit like what MS did now. They think fans going to forgive them all the time but they need to learn to be humble before they fall down and eat shit.

Sony used to be a huge douchefaggot back when they announced PS3. Being shitty to their consumers (oh gee, too expensive? go get a second job faggot!) and they pay dearly for that. PS3 used to be the butt of the joke for years while they scrambling their brain just to keep it afloat against 360 onslaught.

Now MS is just like old Sony. Years of domination means they are on top of their game. Being on top means they now act like a bunch of dicks because they think they can get away with it. And the sales result is always the sign that we don't take that shit anymore.

So MS, buckle up. It will be a rough generation. But if ya cunts can survive this generation and actually being humble just a little bit I say the next generation y'all will have a fighting chance.

Before collapsing Sega went all out with the Dreamcast, they really pushed great software for it and supported it as much as they could. The PS2's DVD capabilities and strong foothold left from the PS1 killed it, on top of the distrust from 32X/Saturn days.

On the other hand, Xbone has nothing to offer aside from very few mediocre exclusives, and Microsoft dropped the ball from day one with the absolutely Orwellian reveal of the system's DRM bullshit that was dialed back only after massive ridicule from everybody. I don't see any similarities to Dreamcast era Sega here, their arrogance does par up with PS3 Sony, though - and this bit them in the ass.
The worst thing is that the PS4 isn't a great system - it has all backwards compatibility purposefully removed (PS2 and PS3 were great in this aspect), Sony's digital services are shit, the controller batteries are crap compared to the PS3's, and customizability is limited to horrible themes, you can't even change the freaking wallpaper. PS4 won simply because it was the least worst offer. Wii U had zero marketing and the Xbone was conceived as a 1984 nightmare.
This gen sucks in general, and PC is also going down the shitter with shit like early access, dumb shit that Steam tries to pull off like paid mods, Denuvo, and games trying to push Windows 10 thanks to Microsoft fucking things up further.

I'll stick to my backlog, fuck this shit.

The difference is sega didn't have a OS that prints money. MS knows truckloads of money can be made from consoles, and will keep doing whatever it can to get some sort of foothold.

You talk as though Microsoft is one monolithic entity with a singular purpose. As I understand it, the Xbox divisions are seen as the nigger step-baby of the family, and half of MS thinks they have no business in the video game industry and should put more of a focus on corporate software and office suites… as well as chasing that mobile dosh since those are quickly becoming (have become) the primary computing devices for most people. Just like MS pushed their OS's into people's homes because of seamless software compatiblity between home and office, they want seamless compatibility between the office, the commute, and the home.

IIRC, the guys behind the Xbox division basically had to lie and bullshit Bill Gates into even giving the go-ahead to make a video game console to begin with.

you have to admit the feature where you can game and watch TV is pretty great.

microsoft is only alive because of the contracts they have with computer companies. Microsoft talked about spinning xbox out time and time again or selling it but at this point they are destroying the value of the xbox to a potential buyer.

No. It's not like you can watch TV and game simultaneously anyhow without just sucking at both. You'd be better off listening to old 1930's radio dramas while you game.

But why watch TV when i turn on my console to game with randoms and hear long conversations about (insert player or club) with my FIFA fag friends.
It's a console and that's not a cool gimmick as Picture in picture is still around on TV's.