Nostalrius Part 6: Communism edition

Nostalrius is a dank Vanilla 3000% Blizzlike Progressive Private Server that was up in the past and was resurrected on the 17th of December 2016.
Our Horde Guild has been playing on the Server before and will play again as soon as they stop jerking each other off in discord.
There are 3 Realms currently available (PVP and PVE and fresh PvP), we play on the PVP one.
You can find us on
>>>/nostalrius/

The New Hosts for the Server are the Devs of the well-known Elysium group with old Nost devs POTTU included.

elysium-project.org/play
Just follow the guide you pleb

Create a new Account and follow the Instructions here:
elysium-project.org/control
Keep in mind that you CANNOT merge both an old Elysium and Nostalrius account into this new one. You have to make a new account for each.

After typing out your password manually stop the process of going through and quickly change to another realm then back to realm your characters are in and you are in.

After paying entry fee of 10 gold you will be given an invite.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/y3mpNcy
forum.elysium-project.org/topic/21966-terms-of-use-rules-regulations/
forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45489
archive.is/syK7v
pastebin.com/CCaEqS32
pastebin.com/LpprLpjN
forum.elysium-project.org/topic/32701-our-official-response-to-nostalrius-—-elysium-will-prevail/
twitter.com/elysium_dev
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what's with the fucked up skins in that first pic? looks like the human is wearing two outfits at once.

Clientside edits, not the standard game.

Remake thread

have the queues for the new server eased?

Queues are still pretty brutal

Yesterday there was 10k+ queues. Then after they increased the player cap, it dropped to max 500.

Now its at 8000+

Hoping they follow through with making a 2nd new server.

i knew it, only people as retarded as commies can like WoW(TM)

just wish by tuesday the queue is gone or short enough to actually get in.

You faggots practicing for the 1 year AQ wait? Good on you.

Should have called it "Breadlines Edition" for all of these individuals with low reading comprehension skills.

is there a guild horde side yet?

Yeah, just look for horde-side. We've got a guild for both facs.

anyone else having troubles logging in?

Try flushing your DNS.
For windows: command prompt -> ipconfig /flushdns
That worked for me.

didn't help
thanks anyway

fixed, just had to use the server IP in the realm list

Can someone post how to anal zugzug?

As long as you mind the tusks? Very carefully

I can't even tell if that thread's serious or just retarded trolling anymore aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Does anyone still play on the old server?

Random fact: ß translate to "NO"

i didnt know triggering underage Holla Forumstards was this easy

Why are they standing in conga lines?

I think it's to be ironic

erping

WoW players can't grasp the concept of free-form leveling and exploration. it's practically symbolic.

They're waiting for a quest mob to spawn. It's happened in a few places where you have to kill one specific mob that only spawns in one place. Or to pick up an item that only spawns in one place. We breadlines now.

because they are communists

I don't understand what is this assumption that piracy is communism. Piracy is as capitalistic as it gets, it is the natural selection of software.

So I should wait until February before joining?

Want to be able to PvE without normalfag scum killing my mobs

If you can find a way to not have to wait too long on the queue (remotely start it 3 hours before you actually want to play), its all fine, the spawns are dynamic depending on the number of players around, so most shit spawns plenty fast enough to get ahead, breadline faggots are just idiots.

The queue is like 5-6 hours right now, at the very least.

Thats just crazy, lots of people afk on their char select though, only about 8.5k ingame. They should really kick after 1 hour in char select

Just get in after 6 hour queue….

Best part is it's a patch so you know it'll be fucked by some bug for a few hours after.

Overpopulated and filled with chinks. Things that took 1 minute now takes 30

CHECKED
FINAL SOLUTION NOW

Holy shit you faggots are pathetic.

Checked.

Fuck off.
America isn't great again yet(and might not be due to all the kikes in Trump's cabinet)and society is pozzed beyond control. Shooting some magic missiles to escape this shit-stained neo-Juden reality for a little while at a time is nothing to be ashamed of.

Not to mention ImKampfy is a jewish shill that has permab& anyone attempting constructive discussion and criticizing of jews working with Trump on Holla Forums.

where is that from ?

What a productive day.

PLAY A BETTER FUCKING GAME FAGGOT
NO SHIT TRUMP IS A KIKE SUPPORTER

Name a good game. Fucking name one that isn't Dorf Fort. I want to listen to podcasts and shoot magic missile. No need to come and shit on the thread.

Excuse me for wanting to play a game that reminds me of the time before Obama.

SERVER UP NO QUEUE

Anyone know if that one quest in Thandol Span where you have to jump into the tower can be done with a Swiftness Potion or do you need 60% to make the jump?

Why is infinity horde-side?
I still can't decide what to make, trying to decide between human female hunter or cow shaman/druid. I might choose alliance because humans are the only race that look good, no offence to cowsexuals.

Wait humans can't be hunters my mistake, but they are still the only one that aren't hideous looking.

In the case of Dun Morogh, the quest item would despawn if two people tried to grab it at once, so no one would get it as a result. I gave up on said quest, since it's a one-off that doesn't give any good rewards anyway.

the least repulsive race in the game is gnomes simply because they fill up less of your screen with ugliness.

there is in fact an alliance guild on the new server called "lords of the locker room" or something like that.
Although some horde players are trying to shout it down.

Sick twitch.tv mayamay my d00d!

LUL GACHIGASM! XDDDDDDD SO FUNNE

invite Merzed to new server guild

You are looking at the cheapest engineering levels in the game. Only downside is that they take up way too many inventory/bank space. HOWEVER
If you hold on to them, you can get similarly cheap levels

Make a bank alt?

what does honor do? what are the advantages of participating in pvp?

Jackshit if you're not looking for ranks; couple of useful items and a cheaper mount.

Honor will get you PvP ranks which will unlock PvP gear that you can buy. Your rank decays faster the higher rank you are so getting the last few ranks requires dedication and a squad of autists to help you PvP.

The good stuff starts coming at rank 7 and the really good stuff are at ranks 12-14.
Also you get epic mount + riding skill at r11.

Gachi is funny… and it would have been Holla Forumstards that made it popular on twitch anyway.

HEADS UP

Don't try to log out to the character screen to switch characters. I guess the "Anti-AFK Patch" was just "You get kicked if you log to character screen".

Eyes of the Beast disconnects you. Or there was another mass DC and it was just coincidence.

try it again and post results

Oh no! If you see this image you have been cursed by the
FROZEN SHOOTING STAR OF NO DESTINATION
You will never have enough money to be raid ready unless you type 'Back away frozen menace! Go kill an ugly alliance'!

used to happen on nost. eyes of the beast, when canceled or channel was done would cause you to D/C

are you really level 37? Props.

Seeing as how cloudflare is going off on the elysium website, and I too just got disconnected, I am assuming that the server just crashed again.

I get stuck at success, I can't even queue.

I can confirm that this is happening to me also.

so this is vanilla shit?

no blood elves draenei goblins worgens or death knights?

yeah, none of those things.

also no alliance shaman or horde paladins.

wow…
so no flying mounts or pets either….

mounts and pets were the biggest fun in wow tbh

I made a jewish Dwarf rouge last night as a joke and spent hours pickpocketing the rats in the human starting zone, I left with two gold now at level 7.
I'm addicted to those shekels.

U wot m8

there are pets but they aren't in their own tab and actually take up inventory space.

?
broom pet, flying albino dragon, dragonhawk wotlk flier, stupid hawkstrider ground mount, phat tauren cow ground mounts…

that was the most fun in the game

what is World PvP compared to shiny mounts for you?

is this a joke?

also, you might wanna mention that the token site for your old characters doesn't work.

I was never that big a fan of pvp tbh.
I used to like small and medium battleground with objectives at the high levels, they were short and sweet and focused.
Large pvp areas -nono, arenas -nonono, pve - good.

But nothing is as fun as summoning a white wolf with a sonic-speed cat keeping up with it.

It was a funny meme at first but no it`s silly, why don`t they expand the population cap or make yet another fresh server

I say that`s only fair, pay up you jew

I demand a weenie hut Jr. edit now

dubbadubs confirm dusty old road is still very dusty.

Too little too late faggots.

Nigger these conditions are acceptable compared to the first days. At least now there are two PvP Servers to divide the players, so you can play on either one. Having a third PvP Server is overkill considering the Playerbase will slowly die down later on too.

where the addons at?

PSA: Don't go into the discord if all you care about is WoW. The deadguild meme exists for a reason.

Forgot how comfy this place is at dawn

Also people are only coming into view within 20 meters. I hope that shit gets fixed before I go to STV.

ratchet to ogrimmar

It wont, it was like that in nost. Look out for patrolling elite NPCs. Often times if the server is slow you will not see them until you are right on top of them.

I have a level 20 character on Nost PVE and have not experienced it at all - they must have turned it off for that server

You're gonna admire the view over the Crossroads and you're gonna fucking like it too

welp

6 Stacks of Light Leather just from idling in a pond where everyone's killing turtles.

It varies depending on server load if I remember correctly.

Long shot but is there a Holla Forums Alliance PvE server?

Invite Zugguz on the new server horde side

I appreciate that you know it`s a silly question before you even ask.

mfw

Also I tried joining the /vg/ guild earlier and it was pure AIDS. Terrible decision. Anyone know a good Alliance leveling guild?

Nevermind, I'm retarded.

i got the cats eye
i got the 5 pages and the cover

all right before the newly announced server restart

They could just group and it would divide the waiting time by 5. Doesn't work for items that spawn tough.

> Also I tried joining the guild earlier and it was pure AIDS.

there's the problem, you're a faggot

Is there some issue with the Nostalrius token generator thing? I wanted to bring my Warrior over from the old server, but it keeps giving me a goddamn error.

Incidentally: What classes does lack?

Warriors that actually tank. Clothies and Warlocks specificially. If you're talking about infinity on the fresh server I have no idea because I play alliance side.

I don't think Nost tokens work anymore. The elysium devs just tell people to yell at the nost devs if they want their old characters back.

warriors, rogues and mages

Perfect! I was going for a Tank in any case. I'll just start from scratch, i wasnt terribly high level in any case.

Wait, you're hurting for ROGUES of all things?

This guild doesn't do all that much.

We should start doing stuff; such as raiding westfall and /flirt ing with cute nelfs while we kill their quest givers.

I forgot that Nost is 1x leveling.

Fug. This'll take ages.

I was an idiot and dropped 80 skinning. What profession should I replace it with? Or go skinning again?

I caved and went back to the old pvp realm.
I can't deal with these 10k ques

Ayy just rolled on the older PVP server. Undead warlock named Kaegro.

Getting desperate in Barrens. No one wants to group for any questing or grinding, I can't kill anything because all my attacks miss.

It wasn't this shitty on the other 5 classes I took through the zone.

You realize if the quests you're doing are orange it means you need good gear or go level up somewhere else right?

dont worry you just need to grind more mobs so your quests arent orange to you

those are just the ones that I had tracked. I'm still on a majority level 12 to 13 quests, and same-level mobs are leaving me with about 20% health after every pull.

I don't know if this will magically get better once a quest gives me some greens, but jesus christ I'd rather be a paladin right now

Have you finished any zones before going to a higher zone? You should have gotten 1-2 greens from finishing up the orc starting zone.

To expand on that because it sounded retarded, I mean finishing Durotar, not the actual starting zone. Greens are actually pretty big early on. If you haven't you may want to take some time and pick up a profession and level that up a bit to get the greens you can make.

I finished all the Skull Rock stuff and grabbed the 5 RFC quests and then moved into Barrens.

I'm at 90 skinning so I can vendor scraps to supplement repairs/skills, and I have mining at 3 because it's ridiculously rare to find copper in all the overpopulation.
I didn't want to do any professions until way late, just bankrolling myself with gathering on the way there.

Make sure to keep your weapons as up to date as possible as a rogue / warrior. It's even worth buying vendor whites if it's a dps upgrade early on.

Who ought i to be messaging for entrance into anyway?

I don't know, I'm on Alliance. Just type your characters name into here and ask for an invite I guess.

In which case, if anyone sees this message; Please invite Artagnan the Undead Warrior to the guild, lads.

Currently very low level, but i may as well start in the guild straight away.

i got told i was entitled because i wanted to hand in the ignition quest

So, is there really any benefit to hoping on the new PVP server? Or can I just stick with the old one?

It's early enough in the development cycle that you can obtain a mount that are no longer available on Nost PVP. Ivory Raptor would be one of them.

Something really shitty is that Elysium bailed on their faction-lock thing, which in the end is understandable given that one could easily just make a second account to play the other faction. I was looking forward to the exclusivity.

They also promised that they wouldn't be "fixing" the PVP gear stats until way into fucking 2018 so there's really no point in ranking until then because you have to hold that rank in the meantime.

Some turboautists are in the early level 50s already.

"3000% Blizzlike" indeed. Was it worth it?

Those are some real jewish tactics you're employing there. Despite it being just game money, I hope to god no one here actually falls for this scam.

I don't understand how players actually managed to make that work. If I saw that I'd probably make a rogue and steal the respawns from stealth just for shits and giggles.

everyone will see you do it and they'll just give up. this way you have the element of surprise

I've grinded most of the past 8 levels because every single quest has been a shit-show of camping mobs.
On the off-chance that is not the case, expect 5 man alliance squads in the most remote locations.

There are so many people you can find someone grinding almost everywhere.

Wow the new server is still like that? I'm still on the old server and I'm glad I don't have to compete for quest spawns as much as I did pre-Elysium launch.

Yeah, this is a joke. I just played another game waiting for the 4k que and how it is stuck on the loading screen before the character list. I can't imagine what third hole shitheads are playing this.

Care to elaborate on the mechanics of that concatenation of words?

This nigger is camping me because he thinks I have a soul-stone. Jokes on him I am going to waste his time.

the funny part about this whole situation is that from his POV your name is DEADLOCK

does anyone have any horde mining guides?

Nope.

Here's the link for anyone who wants to join the discord
discord.gg/y3mpNcy

Sounds like a job for the tanklock I see. Tbh with demo talents a Warlock probably could tank instances.

That said, when it comes to dungeon runs, Warriors should be able to tank as fury spec and Druids and Shamans should also make decent enough tanks. Do you really need dedicated warrior tanks? Is this turning into a raiding guild?

too many russians and chinese on this server, think I will pass

If we're going to hold on to the small slimmer of hope of ever actually raiding then yes we need warrior tanks.

I heard this is similar to the nost servers launch, and that after the 2nd week things stabilized. Will this get better?

Things are already looking up. They seemed to have fixed the authentication issues and the queues are decreasing, though not as fast as I had hoped. I will say this though, Nost had crazy lag for a long time, but the new elysium server is virtually lag free.

I just want to be able to not have to race to tag every mob, every spawn is camped right now. I feel stuck right now.

I'm playing on the old PVP server and I don't have to race to tag monsters. However I'm now in the late 20s so there also isn't as many players as the early level zones.

time remaining constantly bouncing from 90min to 360min
I've heard that the fresh pvp server also has it's visibility distance set around 20 yards
Are they ever going to increase the cap, or increase the distance?

They also turned off dynamic respawn yesterday.

So they had that respawn rate so poopsocks and chinese farmers could get a head start?

Crestfall fucking when, I can't take this unholy Elysium/Nostalrius combo

Hadn't thought about how chinks might abuse it, but at least with dynamic respawn I could play the game.

What level / faction / class are you right now?

So pretty much every mob everywhere is dead all of the time?

Dynamic respawns wasn't perfect, but it made some shit bearable.

I keep hoping that this will get better, its been almost a week though…

23/nelf rogue I am the cancer

Pretty much everything in redridge, duskwood, westfall, wetlands, and darkshore. Only thing I didn't check was ashenvale, because I can only imagine how shit the zone would be with the population and pvp.

Oh… fuck off then I don't care.

So, that leaves constant dungeon running to level or what?

I went 23-28 behind Durnehold Keep killing spiders and bears. The problem is that questing right now is slower than just finding somewhere that there aren't others fucking around and constantly killing. Also, if you are running through the world grind between your destinations because if you see something that gives exp… you should probably take it.

I can respect that

I managed to sneak into a VC run yesterday, but they ran maintenance right when we got to the last boss. I found a spot that was good for 20-22 that I might have to go back to that only had about 8 people in it, so I could actually get some exp. I've done most of the quests I can, but doing them all in groups has still put me behind with how group exp works.

Westfall sounds like a nightmare right now.
I hate leveling as alliance. So many quests are about getting drops from mobs that hardly respawn. Plus, it seems like everyone wants you to cook them a gizzard pie in every zone.

I was there when they had dynamic respawns before the maintenance. Even with near instant respawns, I had to sit at a spawn location and hope I could spam faster than anybody standing nearby. It was a complete shitshow.

I wish I had taken some video of the fields of people standing in little circles trying to tag mobs at their exact spawn points. It was probably the most depressing thing I have ever seen in vidya.

None of you seem to have anything positive to say about this server. If so, why even play?

After I calmed my ass down, I usually get 4000 q. I just play another game well I wait. I haven't had any problems with the server so far. I got to level 12 in 2 hours and that was even in the Human starting area. I also am blessed with being on the west coast so I get to play when all the china men and EU fags are probably sleeping.

master race
sorry you fell for the meme dude

*isn't filled to the brim with memes
also no queue. sitting in a queue for hours to play a 12 year old game is some advanced level cuckoldry

Eh, at this point it doesn't even matter. I only play for 2-3 hours then I get bored and realize there are far better games to play with produce more
FUN

Its a really stable server, its populated, no pay to win and most shit actually works. Sure some people will complain about certain things not working, but nostalrius (and elysium by extension) were a huge jump in shit actually functioning over any other private server in the past. We can complain all we wish, but this server shits all over any other released server in almost everything. Be it shit working, stability, population, no p2w crap, anti-botting measures and nearly anything else. Even when we complain about power abuse, there are few servers which were better (if they even had anybody doing community management). Only actual wow was better, and that is shit you pay for.
There is bad stuff to say about this server, but much of it is related to problems other servers can only hope for. The queue means there are more than 11k people trying to play the game, barely any other vanilla servers managed to reach 2k players on peak. Shitty respawns is the same problem, too many players and too little time to work out a good system.

I just wish they did more anti-afk quicker. The queue was pretty low and pretty fast yesterday.

because memeing on the population till a better server comes around is fun

I woke up at 8am to put myself in queue as early as possible. It is 12:21pm now and I am still at 2.1k queue. I've learned my lesson now and fuck having morals I'll just afk script my way through the night to actually play in the morning

Ok, so they announced a new realm, thats bound to fix some of the queue problems. I am hoping both realms to be at about 9k players constantly, the servers run best at that number of players until they implement server shards as nostalrius was planning at some point so that the continents and instanced areas are no longer held back by the hardware of just one server.

Also, server just restarted and I got lucky and got in.

I'd still like an invite to lads. It is the Nost PVP realm, right?

I'm Artagnan

DAILY REMINDER
Always hate Night Elves and the French.

Elysium PVP

So after Nostalrius got shut down the first time, I thought they were going to be talking to blizzard about legacy servers. Whatever happened to that?

at least they responded in English.

jack shit. Blizzard said "you think you like it but you don't" and nothing came of it.

Blizzard ensured no news came for a while so that interest in the whoel situation would die. And they expected the nost code would never get released anywhere, so that the private server community would be set back several years.

They probably thought about vanilla servers at some point, but then decided that the nost players were mostly made up of people who either wanted the vanilla wow experience and not current wow or who just wanted wow but couldn't/wouldn't pay for it.

Those wanting vanilla wow are not lucrative enough because it means shit like no cash shop, which is a big source of income. Those who can't or won't pay obviously don't really matter either. And those that actually want vanilla and would pay for it most likely already pay blizzard anyway, so it doesn't give them anything extra.
They don't want vanilla wow, vanilla wow was made in a time where you pay monthly for an MMO and got EVERY feature unlocked by doing so. Microtransactions are way more lucrative. You can get a lot more money out of people with them. Blizzard is just one of the only devs who still has their cake and eats it too by combining monthly fees with microtransactions.

I can't seem to shake the feeling that this is all completely worthless because I have no idea if the place will shut down or get rampaged by chinks. People say NOW that Nost PVP is completely overrun and on the decline, how long before Elysium suffers the same way?

I miss the stable knowledge in early 2016 when it felt like Nost was going to be around forever.
Every time I finish a quest and see a tiny part of my xp bar fill in, and know there's several hundred hours to go, it feels more and more like a bad investment.

Guess I should add that I made it infinitely worse for myself by rolling on all three servers.
I got a mage to 20 on PVP, then switched to PVE and have a 22 lock there, and now on Elysium I have a 15 rogue.

Three fucking characters because I couldn't make up my mind on where to go.

This was a bad idea.

yeah all the starting areas, and their inns are packed with afk players.
Wish a GM was at each kicking them, so the queue wouldn't be hours.

they seriously need to split the realms up by languages.

Eh, I can only really play for an hour or two before I get bored. It only took me 20 minutes to get on. The game just isn't that fucking good.

forum.elysium-project.org/topic/21966-terms-of-use-rules-regulations/

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

It will inevitably die, like every other private server. The only question is how long it will take.

a lot more boring than I expected

the major takeaway is that they aren't going to stop the chinese and this will kill their server

Agreed.

They got all the rules in place to get rid of the shitty chinese. The bigger question is if they can make good enough automatic tools to get rid of them. Of course you could just ban all the chinese, but they can just get VPNs and whatever. While it could be a short term solution, you really need some anti-cheat tools to stop gold selling/botting long term, as well as good community staff.

Anyone rolling on the new new server that launches tomorrow at 12:00 Noon EST / 11:00 CST?

It would be nice to have a leveling buddy.

I'd be down for it. Which faction, and maybe even race so it's quick to start off together?

Are you on discord?
I was kind of wanting to play shaman, mage, rogue, priest.

I'd prefer to play horde.

Shaman, mage, or priest rather. Rogue doesn't sound so grand any longer.

Honestly if they are gonna do multiple servers, they should just separate them by language and set up a script to instaban anyone who uses foreign characters.

only if it's not a total disaster like the last new server

But das rayciss :^)

besides chinese don't buy from other chinese

I want to play UD Priest.
A rogue would be a good partner if thats up your alley.

If you're going Undead priest, I might go with warrior then. Or rogue, but I'm not a huge fan of playing rogues.

Wait, they are already making another new server?

I had a buddy playing rogue but he barely levels and is still around 16 while I'm 30. UD priest as well

I finally got some taste of wpvp in hillsbrad by teaming up with a warr and holy shit I wish i had someone to duo play with on occasion its so much fun

The queue was a near constant 9k+, that fills up another server easily.

Thats a shotgun approach which means your community members will be fixing false positives all the fucking time or you will be whitelisting certain shit all the fucking time that it makes you wonder why you didn't try finding goldsellers specifically.

Hell, to ban the actual goldsellers, its probably best to wait until they did a trade with a buyer, that way you can ban a buyer, a seller and likely several seller alts that got together to make the full amount of money. The ones spamming you can ban right away, those are just other accounts most of the time.

Im level 30 on the old new server right now too.
Ill go UD priest tomorrow. You go rogue or something.
We can poop sock and stretch some asses.

Start another char on the freshest fresh server? Oh dear, I don't think I'd be able to handle another grind for a while without blowing my brains out in the process. I'm already resorting to mob grinding in quiet places to avoid quests and alliance players

That exactly what everyone else will be thinking and exactly why rolling on the new new server is a smart move.
Lower pop, less competition.

It isn't just about goldsellers. There's no benefit to having people on your server who can't speak the language. When you have 12k people on your server and half of them are russian/chinese, let them have their own multilanguage server and the other half of the community on a english speaking one. You're already splitting the community with 3 servers, so split it sensibly.

Also your "method" to get rid of goldsellers is shit, since it is hard to detect and often gives false positives, as goldsellers can use multiple accounts to transfer gold, use the AH, or other methods to transfer gold. It is also very hard to tell between giving your friend some money or transferring to a bank alt, and a gold seller.

There probably aren't yet enough other language players to split up the community fully over 3 servers. I would however not mind it if it turns out to be sustainable.

Also, there are many things you can automatically check on easily. For example goldsellers transfering from an alt would likely not talk to each other before the transfer, so if a certain amount of cash is given to another without either character saying anything, that would be a flag. Also the time spent logged in before a transfer could mean something. If a transfer of gold happens by a character that just logged in, it can be a goldseller. You aren't required to ban these characters right away, but an automatic system can easily flag them for review. There are many ways gold farmers and gold sellers will work that would make no sense for a normal player to do. Of course auctionhouses can be used and will be used. But its also rather easy to look for, if items get sold for way above their value, compared to most other auctions, its likely a goldseller, that is once again shit that can be flagged.
With good logs, you are not in a hurry. Not even the chinese get 50 gold in their first few hours of play. Everytime you ban one, you set them back for hours, even days. Same is true about the gold buyer. With good trading logs, which they should have, as well as auction logs and whatever else, this shit shouldn't be too hard to find with some forms of automation.

Also, today, for the first time, I have been able to log in without queue. There are still 11k people playing, but it seems many people are preparing to reroll.

How much you want to bet everybody moves to the new server and nobody stays on the old one?

Nothing, because most people will stay on elysium now. Making another new server isn't even a good idea tbh. There aren't really enough people to fill out a second one.

All things which will be fixed if the population drops ever so slightly, and you'll be 24 levels ahead of a fresh character, AND it's still a fresh server you're playing on.

Why you'd want to switch is beyond me.

There were queues of 9k+ people at peak times. Blizzard considered vanilla servers full at 3k players, we are way above that. There is still plenty of population to have a second server, no problem. Don't know if both will last, but for now, even the second server will be fuller than most other private servers can even hope for.

This is true, but after only a week it has already settled down to a 0-4000 queue. The 20k queue was just because everyone wanted to start leveling their characters at the same time.

In another week, the queue will likely drop to a 0-1000 range, which is about perfect imho. A second server will drop ely's pop down to about 7k at a rough guess.

honestly 1-20 isn't that bad when the server has a normal amount of players. I'm getting so turned off by this shit that I'm about to drop it altogether though. There's fucking NOTHING that isn't being camped right now.

Are people re-rolling on Zeth'Kur , staying on Elysium or Nost?
I am so fucking confused and have no idea which guilds is on which server.

I'm probably going to roll on it if things dont calm down on elysium. A full server means nothing if I can't play on it.
post more gnomes

I really want to see how much the Elysium queue is going to be reduced and if Zeth'Kur will have a gigantic queue problem itself.
We will know soon enough.

Some of you niggers just want everything to fail and suck it seems.

Pretty sure it settled down today because of the new server so soon. People rolling on the new one won't go on the old one right now (and even then there is a queue). Yesterday I was stuck in a 8k queue at peak, so there is certainly room for a new server. I wouldn't mind both realms to be at about 9k. There was some weird shitty delay when it got to 10k+, but that seems to have been fixed in their last patch. So maybe they can handle more now. I just doubt the world can handle much more. They are going to have to invest some time in figuring out how to have spawn rates be acceptable. That seems to be the biggest issue they have right now that has no real fix on the horizon. Several attempts have been made, but so far I think there is still need for some improvements. Especially for named quest mobs.

2:45 until new server

15 Minutes Until New Server

fuck off pottu

DING DONG BANNU

I rolled fresh and am staying on Nostalrius PVP. Server launches will always be a pain to quest on.

GET IN HERE :^)

Well that didn't work.

How queer.

It is. Just talk about how terrible of a concept national socialism is and they'll derail entire threads because they can't contain their autism.

How is sucking kike cock?

Wouldn't know, I don't go to Holla Forums

You mean the new-friends from The_Donald?
Yea ImKampfy has been permabanning all the old fags in Holla Forums. Its not the same place it was 2 years ago.

WHO STILL PLAYING?
I am switching to the fresh, I dont want to deal with 2000 afks and 7000 bots/chinks. You fags rolling Horde? or Alliance? I'm gonna be grinding Undead Warlock and maybe a Dwarf.

Horde

People pretending to be efficient is though.

Why do I still not have a pocket rogue?

archive.is/syK7v

So are they being paid off/threatened by Blizz or are they just cucks?

my opinion is they are both cucks and want Blizzard money

I don't understand. Can somebody explain this, or is drinking paint the latest fad?

NOT EVEN A MONTH

pastebin.com/CCaEqS32

LOLYSIUM PLANNING TO KILL THE NOST CHARACTERS TRANSFERRED OVER

the chinks must've axed their cut of the goldselling profits.

Official announcement: pastebin.com/LpprLpjN

TLDR Version

Why does it say :
In the Elysium pastebin pastebin.com/LpprLpjN

but it says
In the Nost post

Why does it say :
In the Elysium post
forum.elysium-project.org/topic/32701-our-official-response-to-nostalrius-—-elysium-will-prevail/

but it says
In the Nost post

is up on Zeth'kur horde side.

Rip server

You think you do, but you don't

twitter.com/elysium_dev

wtf is going ?

THE FRENCH ALWAYS LOSE HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Anyone on the Infinity Discord hitting this up or?

Those niggers fucked up my fun. Let's destroy them!

Nost is counting dummy accounts with no real characters on it.

Servers are back up.

invite Ivankal to the zeth guild

Please invite Homolust

are you guys rolling on zeth then? did you have anything going on the ely pvp server?

Fresh modder drama between nostalruse and elysium right now. That's the good shit

Invite Spacequest

I'm glad I stuck to my guns. I called that the nost team would cuck their players again at the soonest possible moment, and also that they'd pull a stunt by never actually making their source truly public.

pic related

Are we still on Anathema or what? I go away for a week and everything is fucked

Anathema will last while Zeth'Kur will be a meme for a week

Rolling on the newest server because I can't get in to the other ones. I want to play a dwarf, a very dorfy dwarf. Should I go warrior or hunter? Never played a hunter in vanilla, what are they like?

Hunters are the best at leveling up fast.
But they are so easy to use that any braindead idiot can play them well. The most casual of classes in WoW.

They are also considerd faggots.

warlocks are way easier than hunters.

warlocks can't PVE as fast, their tank pet can't dish out any damage and not to mention healing yourself after life tap is slower for PVE

The fact you dont need to have trouble yourself with such things as a hunter, easily heal your pet via a spell or first aid and can auto attack pretty well. It's pretty clear with the hunter having less work to do, that the hunter class is the easiest class.

by contrast warriors are a pain in the ass to level up, but if you stick through it you can be one of the most powerful pvp classes and the most in demand role for pve

wait since when does archive.is require a captcha?
what the unholy fuck?

Hunters can track different types of monsters which makes questing easier.

Tbh fam just go mage and AoE grind. It is super fast.

Im divided between playing for some casual comfy pex but im not sure

so we're on Zeth now

How's the Zeth population like?

With the recent down-times and drama on nost PvP and PvE it spiked to 7k+. It later settled down to 4-5k.

so it's at that sweet spot

Hell, I didn't even care to transfer my account because it only had one shitty character and I wanted to roll on the fresh server anyway. 10% of all accounts transfering to the new server sounds pretty damn good, considering how many accounts would be deadweight.

Elysium btfo Nost by stating that 52% of active accounts (i.e. not banned or empty) transferred. I bet that number would be at least 15% higher if Nost didn't fuck their token gen.

Warlocks DoT and grind multiple mobs simultaneously. If you do single-target shit you're a dumbass who needs to learn2play. Once you have Siphon Life (or Demonic Sacrifice) you will also heal up while grinding. If you get Dark Pact you basically have infinite mana. Past a certain point Warlock PvE consists of running around constantly while instant DoTting a train of mobs and tossing out the occasional instant shadowbolt rather than tanking shit.

Also no one's forcing you to grind mobs with Voidwalker. You can use a Succubus for more damage and better world PvP options.

I take it Paladins are near useless in Vanilla, aren't they? I've been looking around, and it looks like they are usually relegated to healers end-game, and even then, they are overlooked/ignored over Priests/Druids.

Unless you guys know different…?

who cares faggot, best guild is on zeth and rolling Horde

Correct.

When the EQ kids took over WoW from the D2 devs shortly before launch they had a hateboner for Paladins and hybrids in general. IIRC they had a whole hate rant on the subject back on the day and did a last-minute Paladin revamp to make them shit damage dealers. They were also forcing virtually all hybrids (Shamans, Druids, Paladins) into healer roles with the gear drops. It was like their dumping ground for hybrids.

I thought people were going to stay on elysium?

I've been staying on Nostalrius PVP (Anathema) along with others the entire time. The perks of a fresh server aren't all that appealing to me.

And I was hoping they'd be fun AOE tanks like they were in TBC.

Well, that sucks. I mean, I play a Draeni Priest on a private TBC Server, so I don't mind healer roles. But I was looking to use something with a bit more versatility that I can switch back and forth to later on.

If I'm bored enough this winter, I'll end up joining the new server. II have never played Vanilla, so it'll be good to see the endgame content that o one ever does after TBC. 'll probably stay Alliance though, but we'll see.

I always heard Diablo 2 developers worked on WoW and it always sounded weird to me because the games are hardly at all alike.

thats because paladins were OP in early vanilla, they had Holy Strike which acted as Heroic Strike only it dealt damage in Holy, Crusader Strike that stacks Holy damage taken debuff to 5 times and their Seal system was actually Blessing System with much stronger effect

So paladins back then could literally 2 shot you after stacking Crusader Strike to 5 and due to shitty weapon normalisation.

Because originally WoW was called World of Diablo and it was centered around Diablo universe, problem is they couldnt market the game with Diablo in its name and there werent any interesting factions, after WC3 gained insane popularity they switched from Diablo to Warcraft universe with 4 factions (if you are in Undercity you can still see on map The Scourge symbol there which developers forgot to change)

Many things got changed to fit into proper MMO like merging factions (Sentinels + Alliance of Stormwind, and Horde with "Scourge" aka forsaken), also if you compare D2 classes with WoW classes you will see alot of similar shit,only difference is Necromancer with Skeleton pet got changed to Warlock with demon pet for obvious reasons.

Paladins can AoE tank in vanilla. But so can Warriors, and most guilds will not give you tanking gear or let you use a full tanking spec because you'd be mostly useless that way. You can still AoE-tank as a healer, but Warriors can AoE tank well enough that the paladin advantage is diminished.

It was taken over by EQ kids like Tigole before launch and they had their own idea of what WoW progression needed to be like. A lot of WoW cancer (like the insane competitive nature of reaching R14, or the shit viability of hybrids, or all the broken promises from the manual) was the result of these inept shitters who were convinced that as hardcore EQ players they knew best what WoW needed to be like.

On the one hand it makes sense that in the process of designing an MMO they wanted input from players of the previously most popular MMO but a lot of those guys were just opinionated pricks who were better at criticizing shit than having good ideas and the shit they made was mostly just crap that appealed to their personal tastes. WoW had a lot of retards with giant egos at the helm. It might shock you that Paladins used to be able to DPS during the beta. Tigole had a whole hate-rant on why hybrids that could do damage were an abomination and proceeded to nerf the shit out of them.

There's no denying they needed rebalancing but what they did was straight crippling the class. If you play a Priest you can Mind Control scarlet crusaders to get a feel for what classic Paladins were like.

Did Nost actually release the source code or are you guys just bending over and letting them fuck you in the ass again?

Yes and no, yes they did. But to Elysium and to make matters worse for them Nost devs tried to demand that elysium shut down their servers in hopes that blizzard would make legacy servers

That means they didn't. I'm going to assume the Valkyrie slavs aren't retarded like nost and they won't shut down anytime soon. Making a new account now I guess, wish you fags didn't ALWAYS roll horde.

How long does the verification email usually take?

they told nost to fuck themsleves after nost tried to tell elysium to pull the nost core, nost has no idea how GPL works and the moment they gave full access to their core to elysium they gave full usage rights to them that became irrevocable

this is cuck levels that would make even Anthony Burch blush.

That's weird. I remember in TBC, the tanks that let me and warlocks cast AOE spells (Blizzard, Rain of Fire) were paladins because of Consecration. The other ones were single target focused.

On a side note, I wished for Warlocks at some point to become a tanking class. Not just LFG's bottleneck always being tank availability. They seemed to get close to it in terms of skill set, but it was always "not quite".

the entire once supportive nost fanbase actually told nost to fuck off and die in a ditch

in any case play on zeth, roll horde, bask in memes

It's been almost 20 minutes, I'm convinced something is fucked up. What throwaway email service does everyone use? I managed to reg on the forum but still nothing from the actual game server.

Guerillamail

With nost and ely bitchfighting, did Pottu jump ship, or is he just a powerhungry douche who doesn't care who his master is?

Vanilla is not TBC.

Pottu is still a cuck, also only Nost is trying to bitchfight, Ely is continuing to do what they do

the drama is one sided at this point

Invite Dampmeat

Because paladin class was the first one created and they gave the class way too much, for example Enha shamans didnt even have Stormstrike while Ret paladins had 4 offensive abilities in their rotation, thats why they had to be toned down.

But is pottu a cuck for nost or is he just a cuck for hire?

he's a cuck for hire. he's behaviour is on par with those people in Garrys mod who buy admin

I'll keep waiting for the next meme server then.

Going offline for now because of RL. Gonna request the invite later again

eh to be honest looking at everything most online servers now are heavily cucked. just gotta tone down the power level and shitpost just hard enough where they can't kick you without a massively flimsy excuse

I was already banned once with a massively flimsy excuse.

I know all servers are shit, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna eat shit because a lot of people like one pile of it.

considering where on zeth and it takes like 5 seconds to make a new account you're starting fresh anyways. every so often there are retards who think they should be able to spam nigger and get away with it. Typically those people are massive autists who end up jumping ship

server get restarted?

pretty much

yes

Nope, it's just down. rest in rip

it's back up, who do I pm for an invite on each of the realms

Is there a 8ch guild on Zeth or everyone went Horde?

see

Don't know who's handling invites though.

is the horde side guild on fresh completely dead?

Does anyone have that one chart image showing the various races in WoW, and how the people who play those races act?

Or y'know people who got banned for corpse camping a mod's buddy.

Never happened especially since they updated the rules that directly states any kind of corpse camping even at Spirit Healer is allowed.

reminder that mods are always above the law, anywhere

i wana see proof of such things

go into literally any community and piss the moderators off, it does not matter if you break the rules or not

Enha shamans are not an example of good design though, mate. Enha shamans are total shit. Stormstrike is their only attack ability and it has a giant cooldown. Enha has no immobilize, no stun, no charge, no intercept, no sprint (unless you use ghost-wolf like a really shitty sprint) so it's a melee without any ability to enter melee range and minimal ability to keep them there (frost shock which has diminishing returns and fragile earthbind totems). Playing enhance is all about somehow not getting fucking kited and CC'd to death before you ever manage to enter melee and then praying that RNG will give you that 20% chance of a windfury so you can feel like your melee means something. It's a PvP spec that mainly works against stupid people.

If anything Enha Shamans are a good example of a class build that needs more offensive abilities in their rotation.

so there is no proof of some guy getting banned because he corpse camped mods buddy?

oh I don't know about that, I'm a different guy

this was back on nostralius so it was before rules were updated.

also

There was also a time a raid leader got teleported into MC because he was being corpse camped and he was a mod's friend.

are you talking about the guy who was corpse camped because of that Uldaman fiasco before last boss ?

Because i am not following you and you need to post some images or links to forum posts about it

Speaking of GM corruption, on Zeth'kur, members have access to otherwise unavailable skins for orcs (so they can look like fel orcs for example), because they're friends with GMs.

forgot picture

I believe Grizzly are cunts but i wana see what it looks like in vanilla, can you screencap it?

fug that color really isnt available to players, did you report it to GM ?

Pretty sure it's a GM or a friend of GM but if I see him again I'll report.

Dropped.

i got banned for corpsecamping, for three days tho. the reason was "organized honor farming" but i was in no group

Do you see the problem because I do?

do you see the semicolon i put in between those 2 parts. because i sure do

the three straight day camping thing is what I'm talking about, even on nost

No you autiste, he's saying he got banned for 3 days because he was corpse camping.

Anyone can do that apparently with some kind of modding/package manipulation. I think someone in the guild made a red orc too.

But this guy made an orc that shows up as red to others.
Can I make a tauren that has the pandaren skins and shows up as pandaren for other players and get away with it?

Possibly, but I KNOW for a fact that it is possible for anyone to change the orc skin. However, I'm not sure if it's bannable or not. If anyone is a red orc past level 30 then its probably safe to do.

GM just replied to my report that it's a hack and also a bannable offense.