3DS CFW + Homebrew General: New Pasta is Still a WIP Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>3DS 1.0.0-8.1.0:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): 3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds) then proceed normally.
>N3DS 8.1.0:
You will need NTR and Cubic Ninja. Refer to the guide for instructions. After that you will be able to follow the same procedure for all the other firmware versions.
>N3DS & 3DS 9.0.0-11.2.0:
Follow the guide as normal. Soundhax is the new goto for entrypoint hax, but you can still use browserhax if you insist. Simply follow the guide linked above. Your procedure should be soundhax → Decrypt9WIP → 2.1.0 ctr-transfer → A9LH. OTPless installations for N3DS, which skips the 2.1.0 ctr-transfer, will be added to the guide again as soon as it is deemed safe enough.
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, for what ever reason you may have, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.

WARNING
Every step where you modify your system can result in a brick. However, bricking your 3DS is a very hard thing to do if, and only if, you read every single direction and follow them exactly. This is a "retard-proof" guide, but please don't try too hard to be a bigger mouth-breathing retard than it can handle. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise. sysNAND backups are not optional.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm
github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
freeshop.pw
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
discord.gg/ccecErB
pastebin.com/zEVBxAdY
archive.is/ngKs9
3ds.guide/get-started
archive.is/Zs2nZ
3dsthem.es/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-howling-theme-tool-create-your-own-cia-theme-packages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/
3dsthem.es/6591
gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/
3ds.guide/
docs.google.com/document/d/1L1xFOTpb1fDC-P4npTg5S2QQkHZrSz_c5FoEB8LewUk/edit
github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases/tag/4.0.1
drive.google.com/file/d/0B64gx7zODrhWbDBVQ1AzQ1N0dTA/view?usp=sharing
github.com/TiniVi/safehax/releases/
github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases/tag/v3.2
github.com/yellows8/ctpkpwn
github.com/yellows8/3dshax
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
github.com/smartperson/3dskey-Mac/releases/tag/v0.1.0
github.com/dmratcliffe/3DS-Theme-Downloader
github.com/shadowninja108/SDHelper
github.com/miltoncandelero/Boop/releases
github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/wiki/Installation#mac-os-x
github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases/tag/4.0.3
gbatemp.net/threads/ghostpatcher-easily-patch-gba-vc-cias-to-remove-ghosting-and-restore-original-colors.456823/
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/tag/2.4.7
3ds.guide/images/Luma-1eb18c17.zip
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/builds/Luma-1eb18c17.zip
mega.nz/#!ogcCmRAL!vu9TknhcKbM1Ey1BfHmevjBQeqKVNHcsKc1v1gGkuAw
gbatemp.net/threads/addressing-the-recent-user-account-hack-scare.456959/
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!1?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds, citrus. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You may format with your 3ds using emunand9 or use this to format from your PC: ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Use either a flashcart or TWLoader. TWLoader still has a lot of issues that need to be fixed but will allow for loading NDS games and apps of your SD card. TWLoader's GitHub repository: github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: freeshop.pw After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
On your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS GitHub: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Freeshop: freeshop.pw
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Virtual Console Injectors: pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
Our Discord: discord.gg/ccecErB
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/zEVBxAdY
Last Thread: archive.is/ngKs9

Isn't this OP outdated now? What about all that new shit that it's supposed to replace old methods? Or that replace A9LH?

Did you even bother to read it?

This pasta has been updated for the new methods. Also, the thing that might replace a9lh is still in its infancy

It only mentions soundhax as a new entry point. Why is soundhax better than browserhax other than offline? Also, I heard about fasthax and a lot of shit like that that, again, was supposed to replace A9LH.

I see. Can you please point me out which changes are those, other than soundhax, and what it the thing supposed to replace A9LH is?

I'M TIRED OF HIDING ALL THESE FUCKING 2 HOUR LONG GENERALS

fasthax+safehax are merely a new way of installing a9lh. What is actually suppose to replace it is replacing the 3ds firmware with actual custom firmware, not cfw like luma that simply patches it.

This general lasts an average of 3 days. You have a really bad sense of time.

Correction, a new step along the way to install a9lh

then filter them you dongus

But I like luma, is pretty comfy. Although I admit it's pretty limited, but what else can you do with more freedom? I'm guessing stuff like NTR but without the faggot and the drama.

Remove the 300 icon limit
Make an entirely new home menu
And I think some anons have said that this could be even more update proof.

I seriously can't wait until I can install a true CFW on my 3DS. Imagine the possibilities…

would it be possible to set up StreetPass for more than 12 titles at once? Get a HomePass server going and have all the benefits of leaving the house without actually having to leave the house…

Is freeshop still safe? Is the QR even usable?
Did the sun moon people get unbanned?

With proper CFW you could make it so that Internet connections don't shut off when the 3DS is closed. That way you can download something from Freeshop without leaving it open, or if you're playing online and close it you don't disconnect.

Yes freeshop is still safe. Yes it's usable

Don't think so. Sun/Moon people were banned because they got the game and went online with it before it was officially released, weren't they?

freeshop has never been unsafe
no, you must replace a file in your nand to get unbanned.

i reported this thread and i also reported you all to the FBI for copyright infringement aka THEFT

Wait, so on 11.1 I can hax now?

You could have updated your 3DS yesterday and you could install CFW right away.

I don't understand.

yes

Low energy name tbh

But what if Nintendo can actually block CFW unlike patched FW like Luma? Then there wouldn't be access to freeshop anymore. Also
DOES SOMEONE KNOW WHAT'S THE LATEST VERSION OF FREESHOP BEFORE IT WAS KILL?
no one wants to answer, I just want to know if I have Freeshop latest version. Does the titlekeys still update automatically?

Does this mean that any version is CFW now?

read the post 3,
there is literally a link to the new freeshop

How is custom firmware any different tan patched firmware though? If anything true custom firmware is more robust

I see. So it doesn't auto update anymore, does it?

It could be detectable by nintendo and you could get banned by Nintendo, or having to go around that unlike patched OFW. I'm just guessing, though. I'm thinking about PS3 CFW.

Freeshop isn't kill, it's just not on Github. It's new site is freeshop.pw

sorry your whore mother took all of my energy when i came in her womb

Even if it was detectable by Nintendo and even if Nintendo banned you, ts very unlikely Nintendo will ever be able to patch it, thats whats important. People will always find ways around bans

Did you update your 3DS like a dumb cunt?
It's ok!! You can now have CFW on it!!
Now fuck you, read the OP.

reported for piracy

We all know the latest firmware can get Luma/A9LH CFW. We're talking about a full overhauled custom firmware like what Signhax is romising

Except if you want easy acess to the freeshop and games. I don't see why would people want more if 3DS piracy is near perfect already, I seriously don't see what would be better except for access to the whole thing. At that point, it would be more of a "developer build" kind of deal, regular users wouldn't give a shit about that. I certainly don't.
You have good ideas here, though particularly the replacement recovery menu.

Yeah, just checked, thanks.

This. Although, I don't think it's a clusterfuck, more like the important changes aren't highlighted.

Does anyone know if theres any type of program that tricks the download play app into looking for 3ds systems over a network? For example, adhoc party in ps3.

I'm trying to do this for a buddy. its the teal old3ds on 11.2.0.35U and I'm trying to launch the homebrew menu through soundhax but it just causes the 3ds to restart. any clue what to do?

Should i delete everything on the sd card and system reset the 3ds?

nnnnnnnnn

Just follow the guide and you'll be fine.

3ds.guide/get-started

Read the fucking guide

Time for stupid questions just to make sure.

So if I import a cart from another region would it run just fine with Luma3DS? Cause I find the selection of JP games on Freeshop to be a bit lacking. And on that note, last thread user posted a bin that contained titlekeys from an asian collector, where am I supposed to put it to open it on Freeshop? Am I supposed to upload it somewhere and open it by inserting the link on Freeshop?

Go to settings in the freeshop and put it there.

you might need language emulation but for the most part jp games work
I think it goes in /3ds/data/freeshop/keys

Please, I need some help here.

I've tried using fasthax (latest beta 3) on a New3DS and after succeding and pressing start it just goes to a black screen instead of going back to the home menu. I've tried it like 15 times, and I even have a game on the slot.

I hacked another console a week ago with the alpha builds of fasthax and never had any troubles.

tl;dr messed up something during process, went to format system because I figured it would restore to factory, turn on 2DS and get this. I don't have a slider and it won't let me process. Wat do

This is what happens when you don't read the guide.

good job

Sell it to gamestop and hope they don't turn it on to check
(alternate strategy: buy an identical 2ds from gamestop, put your current 2ds in the package, and "return" it on some pretext)

You bricked, nigga. Only recourse is hardmod.

You are a special kind of stupid aren't you?

I feel bad for ya

I did read the guide and every time I click on the .mp4 in the sound app on the sd card the 3ds restarts

Buy a new one of course

You do not fucking reset the 3DS and format everything in your card like you asked.

Did you make sure to check if your SD was corrupted or not?
Did you get the exact otherapp payload for your 3ds version and firmware?
Did you unpack everything correctly into the root of your SD?
Are you running the correct sound app for your version of the 3DS?

If you are still having trouble THEN you hop into Discord and ask for help. The people who truly know their shit are there.

I didn't fully read it and didn't rename into otherapp bin.
I'm a HUGE faggot please rape my face

If you can, try backing up your nand with decrpt9.

Thats how i screwed myself out a couple bricks myself.

OH, BACK THERE!?!? Then you really fucked up user.

Im sorry.

Wow, that's a cute boy.

we need to have a collection of dumb shit that happens in these threads like this.
Has anybody screencapp'd the guy that broke his 3ds in half or will I have to comb the archives?

Why, why did he break his 3DS in half?

Oh my god I wasn't there someone please deliver

Thank goodness I followed the guide to the letter. I see shit happening to other 3DS consoles and it makes me glad I didn't fuck up mine

Where can I find an archive for the NSFW themes that were deleted off 3dsthem.es a few months back?

Holy shit wait, that means that theres a place to get custom themes? WHERE?!?!

The aforementioned 3dsthem.es website

Use Howling Theme Tool to build them as cias or use CHMM2 to set them up, HTT lets you pick them out in the 3DS's own menu but CHMM2 keeps your themes from getting killed if you go to the eShop for whatever reason.

Found the archive: archive.is/Zs2nZ

source on the images?

interest piqued

Tokiko Zaizen

we have some lewds in the "bunch of .cias" pastebin
you can probably find more in 3dsiso

sadly there is no site that makes these easy to share and download anymore

Okay, downloaded a fucking jojo theme. Fuck yeah!

I looked up howling theme tool on google because i dont need to be spoonfed THAT often. Also here it is. How to get custom themes i guess? I am not sure if it works though, didnt try yet.

3dsthem.es/

gbatemp.net/threads/release-howling-theme-tool-create-your-own-cia-theme-packages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/

Op should put it in OP's copypasta for the thread if it works though.

3dsthem.es/6591

I was expecting pics. Smeh.

I found one featuring everyone's favourite boy toy

Why were the lewd themes removed again? Because the ownder of the site was a minor? Why the fuck there isn't a booru or something with lewd themes? We can do one, right?

Okay, the guide says that getting back to the homebrew menu after fasthax may take " a couple of tries."

How many is "a couple?" Over 10? Because that's where I'm at now. It says it successfully installed the backdoor, but then when I hit Start, as instructed, the bottom screen just goes red and does nothing.

I suppose it's not a big deal if I can't get A9LH going. I have Luma3DS and freeshop working fine already. But it'd be nice if I could.

Also, ever since the first time I ran fasthax, I seem to be unable to use hbloader in Luma to access the Homebrew Launcher. I can boot into Homebrew Launcher just fine, and I can boot into Luma3DS just fine, but now for whatever reason I can't go into HB from Luma. Anyone know why that might be?

T H A T S D A N K A F

gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/

Heres a better way to download the themes. It was on the 3dsthem site itself so its made for those themes.

I just did this damn thing and it might already be replaced?

no

People looking forward to sighax which if I remember right should allow for "true" CFW, ie rewriting core components of Nintendo's own firmware or even replacing it entirely. Stuff like boosted friend limits and boosted title limits.

what happens when you post themed homescreens in miiverse?

Shigeru Miyamoto creeps into your bed at night and tickles your anus with his master sword

can i delete cias from the sd card folder after installing them?

Yes.

What's the process for removing A9LH and restoring a N3DS to its original state, or at least to a point where it will run without an SD card?
I need money and the easiest/quickest thing I can think of at the moment is to hock my old one at FUCKING GAMESTOP

Why not sell the hacked N3DS as a hacked console and get more than the 15$ gamestop offers?

Sell it on eBay or Craigslist or something, selling a console at a chain game-store is a horrible idea. You'd get $30-$50 tops and they'd probably try to give it to you in the form of store credit, even.

Out of curiosity what the password on the busty may mod in the pastebin?
It sounded like a laugh and I already downloaded it shut up

if it's not in the paste then nobody here knows

Try the filename enclosed in {}, if it's not that then good luck finding the original uploader.

Try "Traiver".

Nothing worse than a faggot who puts passwords on archives like this.

Is there something I can do to hack play coins? Quentin may have been an autist, but I'm still hesitant to be seen with my 3ds outside

JKSM lets you give yourself 300 play coins at a clip.

Yeah, there is.

Thanks! That's also what I ise if I want to fuck with save files, right?

The guide is literally so retard-proof that anyone who fucks up following it deserves a bricked 3DS and the reading comprehension equivalent of a Darwin Award. No remorse

A-yup, JKSM is a save manager too. Extract save files, decrypt with another program if necessary (is the case with Monster Hunter games' saves), edit, dump 'em back on the SD card, restore the edited save. Easy as can be.

Okay fellas i need some help.
I followed this guide
3ds.guide/
and like a idiot i kept my network off.
followed the whole guide and now i need my net and keeps saying i need to use the slider.

So. How do i undo to redo?
yes i've made 2 back ups
both of my digital copies and my sysnandmin.

a little help would be appreciated

its a 2ds to give you a heads up

Are you running a N3DS? If yes then the guide specifically states-

Is this it?

nope. I got a red clear one.
I'm not terrified in the least.
I'm hoping i can undo this error and redo it so i dont fuck up like a moron

I mean, is that specifically the error? Is it asking you to use the slider to activate 3D?

And factory reset bricks it. I read the guide.

to activate the network

Try removing the battery for ten minutes and re-inserting it. In the N3DS that is how you re-enable wifi. The 2DS and the N3DS follow the same function for activating so maybe that will work for you.

will letting the battery die work as well?
I don't have the tools to remove it

The goal is to remove all power from your 3DS altogether so it soft resets the wi-fi, so I am guessing it should. If not, start looking for some tools around you.

Take what I am saying as a grain of salt, however. I am extrapolating a bit here. If you are uncertain hop into Discord as there are people there who know their shit more.

Alrighty dude. Thanks for the advice.

alright removed the battery and net is back however i'm still stuck with a over sized screen.

Oversized screen isn't a problem, that's normal on a 2.1.0 2DS.

I figured as much as soon as i posted it.

It works fam.
Now. to get that sweet SWEET free shop

nope

and nope

even a search of "busty may mod" leads me nowhere.

Just got a replacement for my Gateway blue card, it's strangely difficult to "click into" the slot but it works. Might try again with the card forwarding stuff in TWLoader later.

I'm curious though, what is the game the card uses as an icon? The blue card was using Deep Labyrinth, this is some moonrunes thing from Konami of all people.

Wonderful homubrew!

Wasn't it referred to as cowtits something or other?

that is a different file

What other games with lewd mods are there?

I was a bit curious to see what happens if you factory reset a 2ds on 2.1. Thanks dude.

I just bought a brand new n3DSXL with freeshop installed from a local guy. I paid about $150 and it even came with a 32gb Samsung micro sd card. Anyway, there's FBI, Homebrew Launcher and some app with the luma3DS logo, all placed in a folder called "don't touch", and while I'd like to do just that and play games on it, I've heard some games are censored, so I want to patch them. As far as I know, I have to install some CIA files using FBI, but I'll look more into it. Is there any way I can fuck this up and end up with a bricked console?

If you don't recognise anything in the Homebrew Launcher don't touch it. A lot of the things there are relevant to other hacks, and there's no need to run them. Everything else should be safe. This is where a lot of older homebrews go, such as the theme changer thing.
FBI installs CIAs, which are games in a convenient package. Homebrew is also released in CIA format, so you can do stuff like install homebrew through it. It's a very useful tool, and you should take it out the Don't Touch folder.
The Luma updater isn't necessary for now, but if something happens and you need a new version of Luma you just run that and you're good. Otherwise don't bother. You can access the Luma menu by holding select while booting, but don't touch anything unless you're sure you know what you're doing. You can turn on N3DS clocking for 3DS games here though, if you want that.

All the worries about bricking are about installing the hacks, and doing something you're explicitly told not to do. Once the hacks are installed it's pretty stable. If you want to be extra safe back up your MicroSD card.

My nand is already backed up. I just don't know how to restore it.

You don't have a way. Send it and your NAND backup to someone for hardmod flashing. Then follow the steps again but with actual care, and read the fucking warnings.

It's pretty obvious how it goes wrong just from that.

Thanks, user!

So I've not had a chance to follow these threads for a while and wanted to know if there had been any significant changes since the A9LH and Luma. I read that there's a thing called sound hack and it's supposed to make it to where even updated systems can be hacked, but does this mean that the A9LH hack that I already performed is out of date?

Finally, I wanted to know a little bit more about NTR, I heard that you can use it to capture video from your n3ds and that would be useful to me, but I'm not really sure on how to even start that process. Is it worth it?

AL9H and Luma is the endgame. Soundhax is a way to get there, but if you already have AL9H and Luma you don't need to worry about that. Luma has an updater, so if you feel that your setup is out of date run that.
The only outdated stuff out now would be stuff like Gateway or RXTools.

Sorry for the really dumb question, but is it safe to update games you've downloaded and installed from freeshop?
I imagine it's completely safe given you're able to get the games off of Nintendo's servers in the first place, but I don't want to take even a small risk of fucking something up after I'm all set.

Completely safe. Unless you do something really stupid like playing a game release online before it was supposed to release in the first place (Like Sun and Moon) you are good.

Excellent, thanks for the information.

Anyone here from the Swapdoodle group?

Interesting, is there anything else new that would make life easier? I've heard that freeshop was taken down. Are there any new programs?

Only the github of the freeshop is down. Freeshop is alive and well and currently in version 2.0.

True endgame would actually be completely taking over the 3DS firmware and adding something more light on the ram I believe.

So I tried booting homebrew using the soundhax and my bottom screen is red, did I fuck up badly?

Nevermind. Managed to turn it off and on then try it again and it worked.

reboot and try again

WHere can a brother find WiiU .iso's to try out CEMU?

There's CIAngel, which does the same thing Freeshop does but is a little uglier and faster. As for homebrew worth getting, there's emulators, theme changers and PKSM, which is PokeSav built into the 3DS.
FBI has a QR code scanning thing. All you have to do is scan the code for each homebrew and it automatically downloads and installs it. No need to fuck around with the SD card anymore.

How would I get PKSM on the 3ds? I haven't figured it out yet.

I am

Don't forget CIAngel has a nasty habit of fucking up cia downloads/installs resulting in a bugged or unplayable install. Automatically packing as a cia is great but it's definitely a your-mileage-may-vary thing.

They had a QR code somewhere where you could just scan it from FBI and immediately have it download. I can't seem to find it anymore though.
Turns out there's an even easier way though. FBI -> TitleDB lists a fuckton of homebrew, and PKSM is in there

WiiUISO

I'm Cris
How have you been?

Is 80 dollars for a used 2ds good? Would gamestop give me any trouble if I tried to return one after finding out the firmware is too high?

It's good, and gamestop is notorious for being shitty. They'll give you credit back at best.

Oh yeah, and you aren't looking for .iso files, you're looking for Loadline formatted games, which are usually just .zip files, extract them to a folder KEEPING THE INTERNAL DIRECTORIES INTACT and load the game in CEMU but opening the file in the /code directory of wherever you extracted that shit

80 is too much for used, you could get one new for that price
if you read the OP you'd know that the firmware doesn't matter

Oh, alright. I'll try that

Just found the QR code. PKSM is in one, Freeshop is in the other. FBI -> Remote Install -> Scan QR code. I wish homebrew stays this convenient

There's no such thing as a firmware too high yet. Don't worry about that for now

I shiggy diggy

Also 2DSes have crazy low firmware I bought a brand new one off amazon in like September and it's firmware was in the 6s.

I like to pretend firmwares are penises sizes and the bigger ones are harder with penetration

You might have issues.

Well shoot, if firmware isn't a problem, I could just buy straight from nintendo. The refurbished ones are only 60+shipping.

Where do you think you are?

Maybe I just like the challenge, is there anything wrong with that!?

Whatever's cheapest, m80.

Fuck that was pretty easy, and to think 11.0 you had to hardmod it before. It feels so good to be a pirate

Only if you pirate more games than the 3ds is worth

Just bought a 32 gb micro sd for my n3ds.

Any micro sd card would work for my n3ds as long as i format it to fat32 right?

I also need to keep wifi on the entire process too right?

Any other tips for cfw'ing my n3ds?

I did fine for my o3ds but im quite nervous for this one

At ~$60 a brick-and-mortar game and a 3DS being $200-$300 new in the box that's not too hard to pirate more than it's worth

Any microSD card will work for N3DS so long as it's Fat32 format, yes. Keeping wifi on the whole procedure is a good idea since if you downgrade it to 2.1.0 and it's not on, you'll have to remove your battery or otherwise let the system completely die to soft-reset your wifi settings and turn it back on.

Beyond that, don't factory-reset the thing and don't close your system's lid or otherwise put it into sleep or you will brick. Get in 2.1.0, install it, get out as soon as possible. Follow the guide completely to the letter.

(FUCKING CHECKED)

Thanks for reassuring me user I was planning on doing that in the first place, im just scared as fuck. I also dont even know what a factory reset is so i guess i dont have to deal with that.

Plug in the charger
Start doing it
Don't factory reset
Don't close the lid
Follow the guide to the letter

Not homebrew but, anyone know a good place to get replacement top screens for a n3ds xl?

Nah, don't be scared. The process is a hell of a lot less aggravating than the classical downgrades to 9.2 from around this time last year and you don't have to worry about partial downgrades or anything of the sort now.

Factory-reset is just formatting the system via System Settings. It's not a good idea to do on N3DS in the first place (it's pretty unstable for doing anything but the A9LH installation due to being O3DS firmware running on a N3DS) and it's a guaranteed brick on 2DS, since the system setup for 2.1.0 calls for use of the 3D slider that a 2DS doesn't physically have.

Good luck with that, I've hunted around a while and can't find anything that isn't delivering straight out of China for a decent price. Nintendo itself doesn't actually offer replacement parts and eBay is a crapshoot.

Good thing I have a lot of games I want to play and bought a 2ds so I can easily do that.

Does anybody know where I can get the EasyRPGMaker ELF file?

EasyRPGPlayer*

So it turns out if you access normal eshop for some reason, the pirated themes get deleted? That's pretty weird. Time to download custom themes I suppose.

Use chmm2 to dump theme and install it then it'll be fine.

freeShop moved to a new site and repository host, the OP was updated for it.

Actually a suggestion for the new OP: A link to the swapdoodle drawfag list.

just finished.
I panicked a little when I got a blackscreen after downgrading but it was just the sd card.

the guide says you can hold select/start to open luma and I think arm9loader ,but nothing happens for me.

are there any must have titles?
I only did it for pokemon.

what can you do with pksm? is it reliable?

Hold select/start before you press the power button to turn it on.

You hold select for Luma, and start for the loader. Hold the button before you turn the console on.

PKSM lets you edit IVs, EVs, moves and other things. It also lets you generate pokemon from scratch. There's an injector feature that overwrites boxes with pokemon so you can get a living dex in one click.
I used it to swap the IVs of my Celesteela to make it a physical attacker, and to change natures for some pokemon. Use it too much and you'll spoil the game for yourself.

As for other games, get Kid Icarus: Uprising, Monster Hunter 4U, Sonic Generations and Rhythm Heaven Megamix at least.

can't add that if I don't have the link to these drawfags

Yeah I'm posting that in hope one of them is in here and knows.

How high is the risk of getting banned for going online after using PKSM? Could you use it to get Pokemon in Sun or Moon that aren't normally obtainable, like non-Alolan forms? Or will I still have to wait for the Bank update?

If by "drawfag list" you mean "retards' friendcodes" then here it is: docs.google.com/document/d/1L1xFOTpb1fDC-P4npTg5S2QQkHZrSz_c5FoEB8LewUk/edit
Keep in mind that 80% of them didn't add back when the threads were still up, and since there isn't a thread up now, nobody will add back. Not to mention adding it to the fuckhuge OP ITT won't do shit as it blends in with all the rest of the useless information.

All of the Sega 3D Classics games

almost time for round 2 boys

I wouldn't do something that you can't do in the main game just yet. The tool allows for stupid stuff like giving a pikipek Seven Star Soul Stealing Strike, but that makes it easy to detect. If you don't go online with impossible mons you should be fine, but I have no idea what will happen if you use them online.
It'll probably do what gen 6 did and not let you go online with a pokemon that can't exist.

That better be to get your 2DS fixed. Or at the very least, an N3DS because more power.

(why does post quote count as something that can be posted, for fuck's sake)

I'm disappointed, I was hoping you were poor and bricked your only 2DS. Then there would've been an actual lesson learned about being retarded. But I guess you still get away scott free.

it's the n3ds.

sorry to disappoint. i actually got the 2DS for free as well, so no real loss.

You read everything when you ordered it, right? Didn't ship it to the wrong address?

Figured as much. Oh well. Mainly I just wanted it to transfer Pokemon without paying a subscription fee. Guess I'll just wait like everyone else.

No, something fucked up during ordering so he decided to reset his entire amazon account

The saga continues. Bets on if he puts his n3ds in sleep mode on 2.1.0?

No. I refuse to believe anyone that retarded could know how to use a computer.

I say 50/50 chancd between sleep mode and fucking up the files

am I reading the OP correctly? It's possible to hack 3ds's up to 11.2?

I've kept mine on 11.1 so I'm curious if the risk for bricking is higher or something

Just did it today with 11.0. There are ways to brick the device, but as long as you follow the directions, you are pretty safe. Better then a hardmod and don't think its any more dangerous then other hacks.

Yes. It's in idiotproof instructions too, as long as you follow the guide. Do it before they release an update. And if you have a n3DS don't close the lid when you're in version 2.1.0

do NOT bully

Bully to learn.

You deserve bully

List of new Homebrew and Hax

Pokemon Save Manager (PKSM) V4.0.1
github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases/tag/4.0.1

Bunch of bug fixes; it works better now.

MultiUpdater v1.5 + premade .json
drive.google.com/file/d/0B64gx7zODrhWbDBVQ1AzQ1N0dTA/view?usp=sharing

Unzip and merge with /3ds/ folder. This program, when run from the Homebrew Launcher, will allow you to automatically update/install the .bin files on your SD card.

The .json is preconfigurd to the following:
Decrypt9WIP X
GodMode9 Y
EmuNAND9 Down
Hourglass9 Up
SafeMode9 Right
Use a text editor with the .json file to change the buttons, if you wish.

Safehax
github.com/TiniVi/safehax/releases/

No longer requires a game cart to be in the console to work.

Menuhax v3.2
github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases/tag/v3.2

NOW WORKS ON 11.1 and 11.2
GLORY TO THE EMUNAND MUSTARD RACE.
Extract archive to root, install through Homebrew Launcher e.g. SoundHax.
Daily reminder EmuNANDs are better in every way.

CTPKPWN_TFH
github.com/yellows8/ctpkpwn

Secondary exploit using Triforce Heroes. Not much point, but it exists.
Requires 2.8 *hax and the game must be on version 2.1.0.

3DSHax
github.com/yellows8/3dshax

This was the very first proper CFW.
No use to the normal user, but if you're interested in how it's developed, here it is.

This CFW actually has a lot of neato tricks that modern CFW doesn't have, like logging commands with only K11 access, so it's pretty neato if you like to read code.

Any of you guys know any tricks to tightening a n3dsxl hinge? Mine's a bit loose and it makes playing a bit awkward. I don't want to just shove gum or get a case either if there's another way.

Anyone else unable to download Sun and Moon from FreeShop?

SuMo are very big, is this a "I get an error" or "It's taking forever" unable?

Tomorrow will be a fine day to go to Gamestop. Thanks user.

Oh, right, I've been forgetting to ask.

How do I transfer an EmuNAND and all that's installed/saved on it from an O3DS to a N3DSXL, when past the setting up Homebrew Launcher on the target N3DS that is.

Set up A9LH on the N3DS.
Back up the O3DS EmuNAND with EmuNAND9 Tool.
Inject the EmuNAND.bin from the O3DS into the N3DS using EmuNAND9 Tool.
Copy paste the files from the O3DS SD card to the N3DS SD card. Alternatively, you can just use the same SD card.

Sounds mostly painless, appreciate it.

My bet is he'll find a new way to brick his 3DS in a way nobody expected that will have to be added to the guide.

i cannot fathom the amount of money this shit saves

Don't torment me like that.

Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, a 3DS and a Vita, as well as a PC, and you can play 99& of all games ever released.

I mean, hell, you can use a Wii U to play Gamecube games, or even fucking inject N64 games into Gamecube games then play those on your Wii U.

Piracy isn't just for stealing games, it's a future-proofing for old games.

Got into homebrew when fasthax+safehax came out a little bit ago, and the 3DS suddenly became 400% more fun. It's also making this PSMD run more interesting.

Try applying a dry wax between the two halves of the hinge to increase resistance. Otherwise you'll need to replace the actual hinge mechanism inside, which is a good deal more difficult. Though the hinge parts are cheap, and it is doable if you have confidence and patience.

I was in the process of hacking my n3ds and was on 2.1 when my family suddenly visited and someone closed the lid when I went to the bathroom

This is why you either tell them what you're doing, or keep that shit locked in your room even if you're the only one home. Sorry to hear about it though.

Ok guys i tried to download soundhax on my n3ds version 11.1.0.34U but soundhax wont open. It just sends me to the home menu instead. Help.

Did you correctly unpack the starter kit into the root of your SD card?
Did you get the correct version of soundhax for the New3DS?
Did you download the correct version of the otherapp payload to your 3DS and rename it to otherapp.bin?
In other words
Did you do exactly as the guide told you to do

YES
Soundhax worked just fine on my o3ds, why not this one?

Is it the bird tips?

Ill keep trying until it works though

The bird tips shouldn't be an issue really. Hrm. Did you check if your SD card was corrupted? That is the last thing that comes to my mind. If it doesn't try dropping by the Discord channel. There you will find people infinitely smarter than me on these matters.

Give the system a reboot, I was wondering what the fuck was going on because one day all my homebrew entrypoints were instantly booting me back to home menu after trying to load the ropbin. Reset it and suddenly everything works again.

Do you mean a hard reset? Or just turn it off and on again?

Just turn the system off and on again, then try Soundhax again.

If I already have every game I could ever want on the 3DS and have a modded PSP and DS PHAT, what reasons do I have to mod a n3DS?

dank themes

I absolutely LOVE the Hanafuda theme, so I'm good there too.

Is the 3DS maybe a better handheld for PS2 emulation than a PSP?

PS2 emulation? Please tell me how I can emulate PS2 on my PSP I've wanted a portable PS2 forever.

Extremely poorly (if at all)

PSanything isn't possible right now and I wouldn't hold my breath either

You can get some PS1 games to run (like utter ass) but it's far from being considered functional

The latest firmware is 11.2.0-35U, right? I'm on 11.1 and wanted to be on latest before I started. But I didn't want to update to a version that patched the exploit.

Why not just sell it? Or better yet, ask what's wrong before destroying it.

Autism of that caliber is not bound by logic

Its not working. No matter how many times i redownload the stuff and reboot my system it does not work.

Which version were you on when you started the process? What makes your 3ds so special and not mine!?!?

Should i just update to 11.2 and see if that works instead?

11.2 works for getting downgraded to 2.1.0 for A9LH, but there's not really any reason to. Soundhax works on either version as does Decrypt9/Safehax.

I'm out of clues now, honestly. Try the Discord; my system was 11.2 but also on A9LH when I had that problem.

Fuck my life into peices.

I was using the otherapp for o3ds instead of n3ds and now i probably wont even have the time to cfw this thing for tonight.

Wish me luck for tomorrow though. I know i need all of it.

Whoops. Least it was something simple.

Pretty much you've already got the hardest part done, besides following the Plailect guide which is really a bit of a mess of constantly downloading stuff as you need it and downloading extraneous stuff like that DSP dumper.

the psp doesn't even have enough buttons

Tomorrow i will have 2 cfw'ed 3ds. An o3ds and a n3ds.

Maybe a third if i figure out how to unfuck my brothers o3ds which he dosent use anymore.
Which i tried to cfw without his permission

Who here is optimistic that the Switch will be a great device for hacking?

trying out new games for free, both of the homebrew and piracy varieties. Also some homebrew apps are pretty useful

Everyone

I'm hopeful Switch has Wii or GC backwards-compatibility through digital installs. Wii U ports + Wii/GC installs = backwards compatibility on anything worth a shit all the way down to the NES.

Can someone please tell me how the dick to use the DLC songs in the most recent Taiko no Tatsujin?

I got the fucking update already and I must have installed the DLC .cia 5 times now

What's the best way to remove a N3DS screw you fastened too tightly?

ok friend this is what you fucking do
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Fuck, I thought that was enabled by default

ty bby

we made it

Ya did good son. Now go ahead and enjoy your free vidya like a bad goy!

FUCK FREESHOP, IT IS LITERALLY THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT I EVER USED, AT LEAST CIANGEL DOESN'T DECIDE TO CRASH ON ME JUST TO MAKE ME MISERABLE

downloading pokemon sun and mh4u right now man

Also my nigga. Loved getting to play as a Drifblim.
too bad i hate the game

user what the fuck you're not playing all those games at the same time just play a game and install another one when you want to play another one

FUCK YOU I HAVE 200 GB OF SPACE AND I'M GONNA CAPITALIZE ON IT SOMEHOW.
Besides grabbing one of those "every NES ROM" torrents and injecting each game into CIAs, I have no idea how to make the most of all that space.

HOW TO USE FREESHOP:
1. don't use freeshop i hate it so fuckng much

If I already have Luma3DS installed, should I try and get A9LH set up or should I wait for whatever this new thing is?

But a 160 GB SD card costs like 40 bucks. Did you spend over 100 bucks on a higher capacity card?

Don't get excited, there are maybe like 3 good shots of her cowtits. Not the ball drainer I expected.

I bought it on Black Friday, I think it was $60 tops at Best Buy

Someone post the .cia for TWLoader out of the 7z, please?

So how the hell do I actually update games?

you press the update button

Just throw a dart at one of these charts. I forget which one is more recent and too lazy to look a bit to figure it out because I'm certain there's an even more recent one floating around somewhere.

>cakes

There's WWE All Stars but it's pretty bad.

Is PxZ2 not on eShop?

Both charts literally have their last updated date on the upper right hand corner.

are any of the paper marios after ttyd any good? from a free perspective? what about luigis mansion 2?

Super has a pretty good story. If you don't mind the platforming it's pretty good. Color Splash is just sticker star but with a more engaging story. Haven't played it so I can't r8 it.

There is nothing redeeming about Sticker Star

hey guys, i am currently in the middle of installing arm9loaderhax, and have successfully downgraded. i left my wifi turned off because i was afraid of an update breaking my 3ds. now i am at the spot where i have to visit the webpage to launch decrypt9. it says to remove the battery out of my o3ds, but i cannot do that since i stripped the screws. can i just reset the 3ds and use wifi that way? or would that result in a brick?

…But 3DS updates are never forced, why even?
Nevermind, I guess I can understand the fear.

Fastest way is trying to force the screw out somehow, very delicately. I guess the same wifi reset could happen if you let the 3ds run completely out of power by itself, but it's a very long shot. I don't think it keeps the Wifi status off with a simple reset, but others might know better.

I also think you could re-flash your old firmware (you should already have the created the backup, IIRC) over this, activate wifi, then re-flash 2.1.0. Again, I did this like 2 days ago, wait for others for better informed input.

What are some good story light RPG/Tactical RPG ? I played some Eternian Odyssey and I liked it and I would love another game like that, bonus if it's tiles-based. I downloaded Devil Survivor Overclocked and I started it but I didn't even see gameplay yet, I'm sick of that, I just want to actually play a game.

actually, maybe i can use an older exploit to go into the homebrew menu?

There should be like 3 Etrian Odissey for 3DS, then the Etrian Odissey spoofs (Persona Q off the top of my head), if they happened to be your cup of tea.

Story-Light is kinda restrictive for RPGs. I guess give Fantasy Life a go for really simple RPG, then for tRPG/sRPG, I'd guess Fire emblem? They are story-rich, but IMO you can just stop caring about the story and focus on strategy and rpg aspects.

Well, you failed to read instructions the first time around, so might as well go for a full brick.

i'll tell you how the reset goes

Actually wait a second.
Are you on an o3DS? Why did you mention that if the guide says nothing particular about them? Slip of finger?

yes, i am using an o3ds.
"If your wifi switch is off, unplug the 3DS and remove the battery for several seconds to enable wifi"
the battery on the o3ds is sealed behind a backplate that is screwed in, and since i stripped the screws, i cannot open the backplate to get access to the battery

just realized what you ment. old exploits will allow me to relaunch the homebrew menu so i can boot up decrypt9, so i can install a9lh

turns out the switch works anyways. thanks guys.

It may be a stupid question, but the guide just says you can copy/paste to a new sd card if you have A9LH. So that means even homebrew just comes right along, nothing more needed?

Just copy/paste all your shit to the sd card So you can keep all your stuff. Why only bring homebrew when you can bring everything else?

You shouldn't risk excluding any files anyways.

That was the point, the guide specifically gives that line only for 2DS and n3DS, whose only difference, regarding WiFi, is the absence of a physical switch.
And I guess 2.1.0 is an old firmware from BEFORE they implemented the software switch for WiFi, hence the warning.
Good news you solved it, anyway.

As said: All you need is what is in your SD, so copy over everything. Just to be safe, don't go poking inside folders if you don't completely know what you're doing, let the software handle it for you and you won't mess a thing.

A while back, I installed the Homebrew Channel, tried doing TubeHax and got an error. If I try again with a different hacking method, will I brick my system?

Lord no, Homebrew Launcher exploits have absolutely no chance of bricking. The worst they do is make you reset your system.

If i use system update for my o3ds to get to 11.2 on there will it keep all of my cfw shit?

Flash your NAND backup first if you're still on 2.1.0. Yes.

I finished the process on my o3ds, but i kept it at 9.2.0. Thats probably why i couldnt use freeshop.

I recently did the process on my n3ds though.

And i feel fucking invincible

- Not in your region
- Pulled from eShop
- If you mean freeShop, no one has provided the keys for it
- Yukari is fooling around again
- Eirin's shady new drug
Choose one?

If you've installed arm9loaderhax (verify this has been done first!) then you can safely update your sysNAND.

It's probably pulled or no one provided keys.

Hey guys is there a way to transport save files from a game on a 3ds to the same game on another 3ds? I am about 40-something hours into the game im playing and i want to continue playing it on my n3ds now.

That's the case for a certain mediocre 9, which seems to be USA-only. Nobody put it on freeShop either.

JKSM? System transfer is the typical way but that doesn't copy across illegitimate games.

JKSM or some other save manager on one 3DS, extract the save file and put it on the other 3DS, import the save data into the game using the same program. Try that, then report back.

JKSM works with everything, if dumping savedata doesn't work, dump extdata.
It always just werks if you dump both.

Will any online game work to test if my NNID is banned?

say i want to insert a new sd card on a a9lh cfw 3ds, the only way to keep things running is to copy all the shit from another sd card to the new one or can i do something to avoid copying everything?

Waaa~!

well shit is there anything that would fit that bill?
I can"t find any lewd homebrews or anything yet but That isn't going to stop me from looking

more like: can i avoid copying my games so i can put other games in the new sd card

Oh you want to free up space? Why not just uninstall them in FBI beforehand? You can also just not copy over the Nintendo 3DS folder, only doing what you need for hacks, but that'll lose a bunch of other stuff, including all game data, current theme, and more.

Need some help with PHBank.

The bank isn't saving. Any pokes I put into it disappear upon exiting.

In the installation step, it says to move the stuff in my pkbank folder to pk/bank/bank folder. I wasn't able to do this step since there's no pkbank folder in my sdcard. Is this the reason?

If you want 2 SD cards, each with different games on them, just copy paste every file except the "Nintendo 3DS" folder. A9LH should still be installed on that SD card, and you can swap them out as you please.

Sure you've got the latest stable? Otherwise, I'd suggest using PKSM, I think that has a bank feature.

New Homebrew n Shiieettt

3DSkey for Mac
github.com/smartperson/3dskey-Mac/releases/tag/v0.1.0

Run your 3DS as an xinput controller. Works with Steam and most games that support xinput.
Make an issue on the Git if there's a game not working.

3DS Theme Downloader
github.com/dmratcliffe/3DS-Theme-Downloader

Downloads themes directly to your 3DS.
Requires you to use the program on your PC and use an FTP server on your 3DS.
Still faster than removing SD card, and it's 1 click to download/install.

SD Helper (Automatic A9LH download)
github.com/shadowninja108/SDHelper

Downloads every file you need to get A9LH. Copy to your SD card then start the guide.
Works on all regions/models.

Boop, a FBI installer for Mac
github.com/miltoncandelero/Boop/releases

You need Wine Staging:
github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/wiki/Installation#mac-os-x

Wirelessly transfer things to FBI with a GUI. Nothing amazing.

PKSM 4.0.3
github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases/tag/4.0.3

Wireless injection from your PC is added.
You can batch clone teams or shit.

Ghostpatcher
gbatemp.net/threads/ghostpatcher-easily-patch-gba-vc-cias-to-remove-ghosting-and-restore-original-colors.456823/

Fixes colours and ghosting in GBA VC injects.
Read that post, there's a few things you need as prereqs, like Python 3 and a decrypted CIA.

FBI 2.4.7
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/tag/2.4.7
Few fixes for URL installs.
Has a shiny new boot animation.

Enjoy, fuckers.

this means i have to do the guide from start again or just the "installing a9lh" part?

Sorry user, when I said should be installed, I didn't mean you should reinstall it.
I meant do what I said, and A9LH should still work with the new SD card.

The Nintendo 3DS folder holds all the games and saves, other folders/files are all homebrew.

Some bad news for you faggots in this thread. The repo for Luma3DS was removed by someone who gained access to Aurora Wright's GitHub account. And a ROM/ISO got hacked recently.
Latest stable build of Luma3DS can be downloaded from here: 3ds.guide/images/Luma-1eb18c17.zip
or here: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/builds/Luma-1eb18c17.zip
or here: mega.nz/#!ogcCmRAL!vu9TknhcKbM1Ey1BfHmevjBQeqKVNHcsKc1v1gGkuAw
md5sum: 33880086dee18fbf61558a5d3d174eaa

gbatemp.net/threads/addressing-the-recent-user-account-hack-scare.456959/
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS

Not really a big deal. Only thing lost will be bug reports/feature requests. Just needs to be re-upped.

Will that SD Helper work if I've already got an EmuNAND set up?

oh no, those dang hackers got my account: fag password: fug
how will i ever live with myself

Can I play a SMT Strange Journey rom on my 3ds without buying a card yet?

Doubtful. The only way to know for sure is to try it yourself. You'll need the ROM anyway for a flash card.

Is the switch hacked yet?

Is there a site where I can upload a .cia, and the site outputs a barcode to scan to directly download the file?

Or at least a direct link to the file.

I don't want to keep removing my SD card so I can transfer patched game .cia files over.

use the built in file transfer via settings

Sorry for being a tard, I am tired as balls.
If I want to install the new FBI 2.4.7 do I have to install it through something else like Bluewhateverit'scalled or can I do it from the actual FBI I already am using on my 3DS?

or an FTP homebrew app

Oh so that's why I couldn't download it from the link in the guide. Thanks user.

For anyone who knows, how do I change stuff like my starter and partner in PSMD?