How will Holla Forums deal with the U.S. gutting CDA section 230 protections?

Movie about false flag?

archive.is/CSyhD

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1865

The bill changes section 230 of the CDA, the law that protects website owners from liability for what their users post, to carve out an exception for instances of human trafficking. Site owners can be held liable and subject to a criminal fine or imprisonment for not more than 20 years.

WHAT THIS MEANS IN PRACTICE IS THAT ALL IT WOULD TAKE FOR A WEBSITE TO BE SHUT DOWN AND ITS OWNER ARRESTED IS A FALSE FLAG OPERATION OF SPOOKS ENGAGING IN HUMAN TRAFFICKING. ALL U.S. SITES WOULD BECOME FORCED TO IMPOSE EXTREMELY HEAVY-HANDED MODERATION AND CENSORSHIP OR SHUT DOWN ENTIRELY, Holla Forums INCLUDED.

THIS BILL HAS STRONG BIPARTISAN SUPPORT AND WILL LIKELY PASS UNLESS HEAVY RESISTANCE CAN BE ORGANIZED QUICKLY AND ON A LARGE SCALE.

Voting on the House Floor is scheduled for THIS TUESDAY. Start spreading this information on as many websites as you can before it's too late. If you know anyone with a large audience try and get them to spread the word. If this bill becomes law then it's GAME OVER for free speech on the internet.

>>>/sudo/72420

Let's meet outside the house of representatives and wear the same masks and cloaks

Not a good idea.

It's over.

Doesn't congress make a bill like this and pass it every other three weeks, in the end it won't do jack shit.

This.
Even if they did, all you'd have to do is swap servers to literally any other country with safe harbour laws.

Sounds like a law to give extra time in prison for CP traders that would only be brought in when they already catch them to keep them locked up further.

Sage for double post.

Keep the fire burning bright.
Got to make them realize only with this power can you rise. Hold on to that vision in your eyes

codemonkey says it will affect the site

>>>Holla Forums14389883

Neither is fucking with people's rights, and they need to know that.

let the past die, kill it, if you have to

I wonder if I even have free speech on the internet at this point. Feels like every-time I speak openly about something I get shunned or ignored on various social sites (that includes imageboards), Why even care since Holla Forums is invaded by CIAnigger and jews.

Pepes shouldn’t be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their pepes

Finally I will be free.

power grab that has no relevancy towards the supposed goal. the state doesnt need more power when it already ran/runs the worlds largest source of cp.

…In >America

Bravo Trump

user, I…

Do you believe something retarded?

Wrongthink?

Amerimutts are too stupid to do anything about it

Antartica has free speech

So like Chanology?

That's because you have poor communication skills

Should there be a Holla Forums stream today ==JUST== in case Holla Forums does get shut down by the law?

it passed

I doubt they'd truly be able to do much.
Facebook and Google would need to censor every single piece of data that goes on their sites, which isn't possible.

If you want to make good use of this law, you can constantly report any Google or Facebook results to your choice of law enforcement and state that section 230 doesn't apply, making the site owner responsible.

That will either get the bill reverted or give extremely detailed use cases.

yay