Examples of shieet retcons in gaming

I'll start off the thread with Blizzard and how it turned a villain species into a bunch of noble savage dindus.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Eggman#Naming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Butthurt "victim" deteced.

Elf propaganda detected.

Shit retcons? Yeah, every damn retcon that Blizzard did between the Warcraft RTS games and WoW. Worst yet? WoW takes priority, meaning if something in WoW doesn't match up to the RTS games, the WoW stuff is canon, no matter how stupid it is.

Elves became dindus?

Fuck you EA.

Half life 2, it should've ended with the first game because it was shit.

GTA 4 making Brucie gay in the DLC

What a clusterfuck

Wait, aren't collectors simply current year protheans?

cucklectors were just tools for the reapers

Obviously but aren't they both?

Fallout 4.

They were protheans, they were extensively genetically-engineered to be mindless slaves of the Reapers. Point is, Bioware can't say the statues on Ilos weren't of the protheans if those same figures appear in the prothean vision in ME2 being turned into the Collectors. Also, the design of the "protheans" in ME3 is clearly reverse-engineered from the Collector design because they wrote themselves into a corner with the Collectors. They didn't have this shit planned out in the long-term, even if they lie and say they did

can't wait for the shitshow

Only one series has gotten its lore fucked up harder than Fallout, and that's Star Wars.
Fallout's story stopped making sense with Fallout 3 and it stopped even being possible within the universe's own lore with Fallout 4.
How did a company make a shipment of Jet over a hundred years before it was invented?
WHY DOES POWER ARMOR ACT LIKE A MINI MECH WHEN IT WAS ORIGINALLY PIECES YOU ATTACHED?
WHY DOES POWER ARMOR HAVE BATTERIES WHEN THEY WERE MADE TO WORK CONTINUALLY FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS?
WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYTHING ANALOG IF CAPACITORS EXIST?

Biggest annoyance in fallout 4 is the X-01 power armor in Nuka World. Considering the Enclave engineeered the X-01 power armor post apocalypse themselves and were creating them in fallout 2 to outfit their soldiers, its impossible for the armor to be there. Then of course the inconsistency of whether ghouls need to eat and sleep from ghouls talking about eating and being hungry, to that kid in the fridge quest. Then the jet in prewar vaults, power armor usiing fusion cores instead of microfusion cells and not lasting infinitium like the microfusion cells.

One of the devs of FO4 was asked on Twitter about the massive lore inconsistencies, he responded by basically saying "lolwhocares it's cool :^)"

Pete hines is not a developer, hes in charge of marketing and iirc PR. Pretty sure hes also Todds boss.

Oh wait, even better. Pete Hines is the VP of Bethesda and is fully in charge of PR. So its the second in Co of Bethesda and PR guy saying that.

Fusion cells are more or less correct but the problem with them is that they are indeed designed to work for 100+ years a pop. And Enclave APA is running off of a minireactor with expected service time of 500-something years.
And APA was not a pre-war project, it's an entirely post-war development and as such it couldn't possibly be located in pre-war structures.
And there were no other T-series armors beyond 51B. None at all.

That forth pic

Fucking 343i.

The design fits the name.

Weren't the reapers eliminating civilizations because the mass drivers were destroying the universe?

The people who cared about the credibility of the lore and story left after Halo 1, thus Halo 2 being what it is. Master Chief had feefees by Halo 3. Remember Halo 3's intro? One of the first things they do is show the soldiers scanning MC's unconscious body and displaying that he actually has a human skeleton with flesh and bones inside it. 343i is simply continuing Bungie's legacy. And at least they had the decency to give the fanbase a decent foundation for immersive human-sangheili fapfiction.

Go back to /furry/

inb4 VN don't count as games

Fucking kill me.

Are you implying he was suppose to be an alien? I never said he wasn't human. The fuck are you on about? The fuck does having a skeleton and meat have to do with being, or not being, in love? The fuck?

VNs don't count as games.

That's a fucking awesome scene. It shows that despite the Chief's almost autistic personality and all of the heroic things he's done, at the end of the day, he's still human with human limits. It makes you realize he's not entirely invincible, despite the stature he has.

Nigger, what Halo 3 did right was storyboarding, and what defines good storyboarding is that each scene fluently drives forward plot or tells something new about the charactes.

I also left mentioned all the vidoc talk about how it's "a love story between Cortana and Chief", and how they really wanted to bring our chief's human side because people who actually give shit about the franchise already should know about it.

Learn 2 KINO, you faggot. MC was originally played out as a weapon, a blank sheet for the player to project onto. They didn't bother giving him and particular displays of joy or sentimentality, but as MS got more involved, there was more and more about the talk how MC is this real human being and a hero. And when he went to fetch Cortana in Halo 3, he just leans down on Cortana's level and starts staring at her, almost affectionately.

I never got to Halo 4. Suddenly, I'm glad for that.

o u

Oh, thanks for telling me that you're just shitposting for reactions. I'll just filter you like the Holla Forumstard, Holla Forums ruining faggot you are.

I wish I never got it.

Also required posting.

KINO stands for the art of cinematography

user you need to stop projecting your furry fetishes onto the Chief. Its not real. Not for bungie at least. 343 is all about that furry love so you're in luck.

I only care about the waifus.

Sangheilis are different from the argument, which was about the fact that whatever 343i is doing with the franchise, it is natural continuation of what Bungie started.

Btw, what also makes me wonder how much of the decline is just natural franchise fatigue, xbone backlash and people being gated out by new hardware.

I hate that this vid basically says fuckall in depth or in reason that went wrong w/Halo 5 aside of "It didn't make sales". Clickbaity as fuck. Glad it's just a webm.

And I say this because I've seen a few channels actually dig deep into the mess that was Guardians, as well as dig deep into the master chief collection. These guys only scratched the surface.

You are the cancer that killed TM.

Nasu should learn to write decent male protagonists then, because so far they've all been shit. It's almost a crime to waste such cool powers on characters so dull and boring.

It's obvious Nasu can only write decent waifus, other than the purple haired (ab)used goods he randomly throws at people, those are shit.

Sweet Jesus how can I trust a game that 343 touches?

here is your reply

Here's to (you).

Monsters and aliens are /furry/. Deal with it.

No. Monsters and aliens were made to be conquered and purified by the shining dicks of Man.

That will never happen, Tsukihime isn't even listed anywhere on the Type Moon website. It seems they left it behind when they switched to their new website and became a proper company in '04.

Retardation isn't an argument.

The moment you start messing around with muh all routes happened and parallel universes, is when you will be stuck with eternal spinoffs.
Much in the same way Age fucked themselves up the ass with mubrub, Nasu pretty much wrote nasuverse into a corner with that shit.

Nasu can't write for shit, male or otherwise.

Sounds like delusional arrogant faggotry.

The IIIs were literally just budget suicide troops. The IIs were good at fighting because they kidnapped them as children and then had them spend their entire lives training and being brainwashed into living weapons. John didn't feel love for Cortana because such a thing didn't exist for him, he at most considered her family like the rest of the Spartan IIs.

I used to really enjoy the Halo books before they retconned them out of existance for their own stupid bullshit. The series ended at 3, the only other things to come out of it were a couple of spin offs like Reach and ODST.

Parallel universes are more fun.

alien/monster cucked by superior human genetics detected

I dismiss any and all of 343's shit.

Halo was solely about humans fighting to survive the Covenant and that fucking ended with 3.

True, but also nigh impossible to manage correctly if you aren't doing a one-off story.

Is that actually Kojima or just a similar nip.

This is one that still gets me. We get the end of firestorm, the series makes all the correct Christianity references, and there was the two alien ships in renegade and tiberian sun. EA goes ahead ties it all up with aliens.

I agree, what the fuck was even the point of that video? The person acted like he was going to go into what went actually wrong, but says jack shit and ends on well what do you guise think?
Why did someone even make this into a webm?

You're as perverted an existence as the foul xeno and will burn along with them in the purifying nuclear fires of justice.

Being buttmad that a superior human claimed your woman won't change anything, cucklien.

Man was born to fuck the stars, and stuffy puritans like you can't stop it.

All you need to do is gate them properly so the cast isn't jumping all over the place and one universe isn't leaking into another all the time.

… and pretends that the firestorm ending didn't happen.

This sounds like crusaderfaggotry.

And you sound like a servile xeno lover.

>still upset all women, no matter the species, have an insatiable urge for superior HD Human Dick

Easy.

Just make the harem route canonical.

In fact the whole of the story in Eye of the North and 2 is pretty much just one retcon after the other to shit all over the lore and Humans in general.

Is this fa/tg/uy faggotry?

Go fuck your bearded midgets you degenerate.

You still haven't denied that you are, in fact, mad. Mad about dick.

I don't need to deny shit just like I don't need to point out why a game isn't shit with no argument for it.

Great, now all you have to do is fly over to nipponland, put a gun to Nasu's head and make him actually mesh his own shit together in a way that it isn't a complete and total disaster, hopefully within the next decade or so.

If only.
I swear, half of these fucking tibetan moving pictures algorithms thrive on making sure you know damn well that picking one bitch means everyone else's life is a living hell, and that there is no way that these cunts would ever work together.

I REALLY HATE THAT PRETENTIOUS PRICK HINES

Yeah, it's fucking irritating that you have to choose, and in choosing always be made to feel like shit. Hell, make the harem route difficult to attain, but just have it there. VNs are about waifus and pandering anyway, so why not go the extra mile?

At least harem endings seem to be getting more mainstream as of late, so I expect to see more widespread popularity of the concept in the near future.

Sweet.

There's greener pastures, user.

Depends which ME game you played. They fucked up the lore that badly between games. Once Drew left they threw everything out and redid it themselves to "make if their own" and completely screwed the pooch.

Personally I'm salty about Skyward Sword. Going the trope-y "magic is actually ancient technology and you're talking sword is actually an AI" could have worked, but then they fucked the whole thing by making Zelda a reincarnation of the goddess and Ganon literally the devil the will be reincarnated over and over again because of hate, instead of just having a power struggle for what remains of the gods that binds two royal families together with a nobody hero filling the third position and fucking argh!
Why couldn't they just wave their hands and say "every game is a different retelling of the same story, like the various takes of the King Arthur legend". No, they had to go full timeline autism and plot everything out and explain everything and ruin any interpretation or magic or inference. Fucking hacks.

Life is suffering. I wonder if someone will eventually pick up the one about Japan and translate it.

This part kind of makes sense. Remember, one of the power armor benefits was to increase wearer's strength to the point he could carry heavy weapons and enough ammo to clear an entire town alone. I think anyone who tried to carry a heavy gatling gun with bare hands like those power armors from Fallout 3 and New Vegas would likely get his wrist disjointed or break a hand bone. Even in Fallout 1 and 2, the character's sprite get bigger and bulkier when you wear power armor.

Originally the Reapers reaped because they needed to stop spacefaring life from using mass effect fields because they were causing premature heat death of the galaxy. Turning a species into a Reaper added it to a thinktank collective that was trying to find a solution to the premature heat death problem. Providing spacefaring life with mass relays exacerbated the problem in the long term, but it was their gamble that by accelerating the number of species being added to their collective, they'd find a solution sooner.

Then it was changed to the Reapers reaping to stop organics from creating synthetics that would wage wars to exterminate their creators, and then become advanced enough to destroy the Reapers themselves, and then permanently snuff out life in the galaxy and eventually the universe forever due to their learned lesson.

About the only thing Bethesda did right with FO was redesign the power armor in 4. I like the idea of it being a "mini mech", both because it makes more sense from a lore perspective and because it opens a whole new layer of gameplay centered around mecha customization.

Sadly, since Bethesda is shit, they had to fuck both parts up.

So they added the dick on her in the other games?

That makes quite a bit more sense than "we must kill all organics to prevent organics from going extinct".

MMO Champion is that way->

Yeah they did. They're called Blood Elves.

Illidan is just the latest Dindu Lord.

Ocarina of Time is responsible for that you know.

I would've liked if the Reapers' motivation remained unexplained. Cyclical galactic genocide for reasons you will never know or understand is a scary concept. Drew mentioned that the Dark Energy concept was something not really explored and that they would make ME3 end on a downer as well. Either let humanity get harvested to stop the death of the universe or kill Reapers, save them but doom the universe to eventual implosion. I would have preferred it infinitely more to the Casey Hudson stealing some other game's ending though.

Regardless I quite liked the concept of the Leviathan though, I thought they were a pretty cool origin point for the Reapers. The Crucible being something of an antenna that would channel and shoot out the Leviathan's kill signal throughout Milky Way would have been a satisfying end point for the series in my opinion. Hell, Leviathan themselves being the Catalyst would have been cool.
My theory playing through the DLC was that Reapers predated the Leviathan and took their indoctrination and appearance upon harvesting them.

Fucking anything than shitty hologram kid. Sorry about the somewhat unrelated rant, I just played through ME3 recently and it bothers me so much.

That's a funny way to spell Link to the Past.

Seriously, check out the Japanese manual.

Everything that happened in Starcraft 2 and everything that happened in Warcraft 3. WC3 because its a failure of a strategy game mixed with rpg elements that everyone bought just because of nostalgia and SC2 because it destroyed everything fun in Starcraft for the sake of a beta's dream waifu.

Red Alert 2. That disaster that Holla Forums memes as one of the best RTS ever is the moment C&C was dead as a series. Nobody can justify going from a game where Stalin is secretly buried alive by a victim of his genocide to one where the fucking Soviet Prime Minister is caught hiding behind his desk without his pants as a improvement.

Here's a rule for gaming that everyone should know - the moment a sequel adopts a cartoony style, its dead on arrival.

Leviathan DLC shouldn't have been DLC. It should've been part of the base game. Knowing about the Leviathans might change the player's deliberations about the endgame decision. Making it DLC was just plain scummy.

Masochism is bad for you.

The entirety of Soul Reaver 2.

LoK was coming along fine until that.

Definitely, I agree. Having played the extended version with all of the DLCs and I fucking hated the ending. I can't imagine what it was like for people that played it on release.

They also turned species into Dindus (Orcs and Zerg).

this.
You could argue Nightfall too but some of it was marrying theories

i played it on release and the hate is still strong with me
what was the leviathan dlc about? i never got back to me3 for obvious reasons…

Jesus fucking Christ…

Wasn't Halo 5 panned because they mishandled Cortana to hell and back?

If so I'm just amused because I heard it was written by Brian Reed who was taked with trying to make Ms. Marvel take off for the longest time and didn't manage

The gist of it is:

Though it might not now, this sounded hell of a lot cooler and made more sense than that stupid fucking kid. Before the ending came I thought the AI they created was the first Reaper and not some shitty child. I guess it's one of the ways they tried to make sense of the themes of the ending and it that regard it sucks, but if you can ignore it is pretty cool.

I also played it on release. Imagine being excited to finally conclude this massive trilogy, losing your prior game's memory due to various issues twice, meaning you've played through the first two games twice trying to make your perfect run.

And then three happens. And you're all excited, the final battle has shown up, you've played wave defense to improve how ready the galaxy is, you have got this shit ready to go. You have all your allies with you, people have said their goodbyes. All those choices you made over the course of 150 hours at least (if you just played through the three games until this point)…

ARE FUCKING WASTED

Seriously, a 20 second cutscene, all of your friends you've gathered from everywhere, ready to take on this big threat, planning in this big war room. All wiped out in the span of 5 seconds because "LOL REAPER LASER". It was like watching everything you worked for vaporize in the span of a second. Just to make sure, however, your hope is fully obliterated, they have the brass balls to have you walk into this room. Or at least what used to be a room. Nothing but half melted walls and charred floor. Fucking hell. That's not even getting into the God-awful child of the star's bullshit. I was fucking mad. I saw red for two years after that the second someone said Mass Effect and didn't precede it with, "I fucking hate". Even after all this time I am still angry about that game that I wasted so much time on. Never mind the further dumbing down of gameplay, RPG elements, and general writing of the various storylines in general.

I want to see how much of a trainwreck Andromeda becomes. I want to watch people be pissed off about everything about it. I want Bioware to go the way the other companies unlucky enough to be absorbed by EA go.

**Fucking hell, I mad

That isn't a retcon moron

I AM ANGRY
ANGRY ABOUT ELVES

I'm guessing you're were too jaded and angry to play the extended cut? I don't blame you, it doesn't fix anything. If anything the more I learn about it the more I realize how much it fucked up the universe and everything you tried to do. I could tolerate dumbed down dialogue trees, side quests because I was so invested. I really enjoyed the combat though. Both me and my brother reject the ending and refuse to play Andromeda.

Same, and it's coming out soon. If there is a god this game will play, sell and review like garbage.

ME should have ended with the Reapers winning. It's the only ending for a Reaper invasion that follows frok what ME1 says.

It seems like everything they did with Elder Scrolls Online was purely just to piss off Morrowind lorefags. I fucking hate Zenimax so much.
I expected ESOs lore to be a fucking mess, but jesus christ.

I agree completely that the combat was still pretty well done, a bit more cinematic in some cases, but it at least had that down decently, even if preferred the large companies and different varieties of weapons in 1. It was like some sort of weird trade off for them

Beyond that yeah, I couldn't stomach the extended cut. No amount of, "They said it totally fixed the ending" would have done it for me.

I'm surprised more weren't completely jaded from all that, like you I was pretty invested, I mean shit, instead of just taking the easy way after my first hard drive fried, I went and played through all of Mass Effect 1 again to ensure that I had a playthrough for how I was going to play, and then did it again for both one and two after my files got wiped a second time.

Still, here's to Andromeda. If the disarm animation of that new trailer they showed is any hint, our hopes may come true.

I've done the same but only with ME2. I've played ME1 seven million times before ME2 ever came out.

If anything, at least we'll have some fun shitstorm threads here.

In this vein, Dragonage II was a big letdown for me. Dragonage 1 had it's flaws (large and many) but it was fun enough and it was nice seeing this new world with some actually interesting grey choices (like the Anvil) and actually interesting characters.

Then Dragonage II happens. I will say this: Aveline did not deserve to be in such a terrible game, and it did make me aware of Gideon Emory.

I heard Tumbrlquistion was a flop but I've not really seen any proof. That means give me some, because I want to gloat.

I'm just sick of Fate being milked instead of making something new

Magnificent

Fucking casuals.

Bioware refuse to release sales numbers.

And Andromeda will not have a season pass. Just goes to show how much confidence EA has left in BioWare.

It's 9 bucks at the local Gamestop.

Gamestop prices shit based on sales in order to move product, low demand, low price, and supply doesn't factor in since there's not like a 1000 copies of one game in a Gamestop.

They fuckin'
FLOPPED LIKE A BITCH

Care to explain?

but… the arbiter job was a punishment, wasn't it? A suicide role

Advancements in power lifting assistance technology I guess.

I thought the idea was a cool addition, but power armor in Fallout 4 is pretty much useless due to how it gets damaged easily and doesn't really do much for you outside of an extra armor bonus and a few meh perks that you can only use while wearing power armor.

If they were gonna go the mini-mech route, then goddamn, a jetpack and HUD upgrades as the biggest defining thing about power armor in fallout 4 makes it fucking useless considering that fallout was never a game where vertical movement was important. I mean yeah you can jump up to the raider encampments on those fucking bridges, but outside of that the "ultimate" upgrade basically just makes it easier to climb shit, in a game where climbing shit is not the focus.

tl;dr I have personal experience with Fallout 4 due to my dad buying it as a birthday present without me saying anything, and it has a lot more problems then just the lore being thrown out the window and stomped to death.

That Man is a catboy

Inquisition as the best "launch" sale for any Bioware game, but on release day Amazon had it under stuff like a fucking Link amiibo.

When The Witcher 3 was released, the game as quickly forgotten by anyone. Apparently EA released some of those numbers with ammount of things done in the game by players (like dragons killed for instance) but it wasn't indicative of how many people were actually playing the game.

The last DLC includes a sequel bait, though, so it's likely that we'll see a Dragon Age 4, but probably not by Bioware, if Andromeda flops.

Also, the Deluxe edition for Andromeda includes a toy Mako which you can drive eith your smartphone and a Steel case.

No game, though.

The marketing for Andromeda has been fucking shit, the game is going to be released very soon and we don't even have gameplay trailers. Because this helped Fallout 4 so much.

Ok, but hasn't the man always been cloaked? Was he not supposed to be a catboy?

But his assertion is based on reality, yours seems like guessing.

Fuck Blizzard.

Fallout 4 retcons a huge quest in Fallout 1 (the Necropolis one, where the ghouls are dependent on the water chip you need) in favour of a stupid little side quest where you find a ghoul child who survived over 200 years without water OR food.

Ner'zhul is just Gul'dan, but a huge submissive pussy, and Arthas was headstrong and determined, it makes sense that he'd be the dominate mind and nothing from WC3 really suggests that Ner'zhul took over.

spoilers!

Wouldnt play videogames with.

I always hated how they referred to him as "That Man" it sounds so fucking retarded. A lot of GG stuff sounds lazy and dumb actually, the Backyard, fucking Gears.

Much like how Persona has bled into the mainline SMT games. BlazBlue bled into Guilty Gear.
Fuck the new characters designs

Leo is cool.

You were always anime

Daily reminder that it's not retconning if the sequels are not made by the original developers, it's fanfiction.

He's cool, and I can let Sin slide. Raven got changed so now he's Terumi and I don't talk about the rest.

Are we talking about old designs or the new ones?

Either way yes, GG has always been anime, but in a 90s sense. That's why SOL is a manly as fuck looking dude while Ragna is bishounen. Or are you going to argue the chick with a boat anchor is the same breed as Ramlethel?

We need to add more.

I feel that guilty gear had more of a older anime vibe than blazblue. Blazblue was meant to be the new anime and guilty gear was the old anime.

And I will bitch regardless.
Faggot
Because I will continue to not receive unretconned bullshit from said series.
==Not to mention any game that does not have a big enough community to keep it alive after developer related bullshit**

It isn't a retcon but the Great Khans were treated as dindu nutins while explaining all of the somethings they did.

I'm doing what GG fans do when Blazblue vs GG discussions come up, I'm cherry picking.

redditpol trumpcuck detected

I was under the impression that it was his actual name, honestly. not some anime bullshit like ASUKA KREUZ-SAN-SAMA-CHAN bullshit.

Yeah but of the original roster before Xrd, you have Dizzy, May, Bridget, and I'll throw in Venom; as characters who qualify as "anime" keep in mind that most of the designs are outlandish, just not what people are talking about.

Meanwhile in the BB roster you have Ragna, Noel, Nu, Lambda, Bullet, Terumi, That guy from CS with the huge sword, Bang motherfucking Shishigami, Nine, Pretty much any new entry to CF, Rachel, Litchi, Platinum, Carl being the shota,

I could go on. I guess it depends on what you consider "anime" but BBs designs are weirdly outlandish even given context. While Guilty Gear has odd designs but nothing that pings what GG fans would call "anime".

At the end of the day though both games have very strange character designs but it depends on what aesthetic you prefer. BB is very colorful and derives it's visuals post 2003 anime in it's designs. GG was derived from 80s metal and rock bands. Take from that what you will.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That was his original name though. Only the localizers gave him the name Robotnik.

You'll throw in Bang but not Chip, Litchi but not Jam, Ragna but not Sol even though Ragna is practically satire of characters like Sol, Nine but not I-No, and ignore Robo-Ky and Justice despite both being anime as fuck.

You're biased as hell.

It was always Eggman you sperg. It was only Robuttnik is the faggot ass US/EU versions because they didn't think Eggman sounded edgy enough.

Hence why Xrd is hot garbage.
People wanted a Guilty Gear-flavored GG game, and instead they went and made a Blazblue-flavored GG game, which nobody ended up liking.
I even like Blazblue and think that it would have really come into its own as a franchise if GG Xrd was actually a BB game

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Eggman#Naming
>Yuji Naka has explained that "Robotnik" is the character's true last name while "Eggman" is a nickname taken after his shape.
No, it's Dr. Robotnik you faggots.

lol

You keep forgetting that what some people would define as "anime" is not consistent. I already know that both franchises have crazy as fuck designs. But there is a difference between a big tittied nurse in a low cut chinese dress. And Jam who is wearing an actually fitted outfit and just has big hair and an affinity for doing chun-li moves.

There is a difference between SOL badguy and Ragna, the one armed, heterochromatic angsty shonen protagonist.

I did forget about Chipp though. Nobody really plays him in my scene and it's easy to forget characters that exist on the fringes of character select.

Either way the complaint that people, myself included, had with Xrd was that some of the new characters just don't mesh with the previous aesthetics of the franchise. Hell, even some of the redesigns are odd. Why make potemkin Alphonse from FMA?

I played both games pretty heavily, but ultimately GG is a much more balanced game and more fun to play. I stopped caring about BB when ChronoPhantasma came out. Now I hear their making the LN and anime characters canon. But yeah, I dig GG more than BB if that will help you dismiss my argument.

Fine, you caught me, which many fans of the older GG games didn't like.
Now tell me why they couldn't finally make Blazblue the game it was supposed to be using the techniques seen in Xrd

lol

Great counter argument there. Really showed me.

Still lol.

No point in arguing with a point that's so completely wrong.

Ragna swears a bunch and hates Terumi, thats the extent of his "angst". Otherwise he's a goofy, kind hearted satirization of the typical red coated anime protag (like Sol).

The whole aesthetic and design going down the shitter with Xturd notwithstanding, nature and age of Justice was retconned several times.

Whoops forgot to call you retarded in >>11662163 , there you go.

If you have a point, make it or fucking kill yourself you shitposting retard.

My point is lots of people like Xrd and you're in the minority.

Or the time he was a buddy cop for Taokaka?
Or his constant feud with he equally angsty, and incestuous brother? Or how he gets jerked around by a loli "it's ok I'm 500yo" vampmire? Or his raging hate boner he has with anyone who is a clone of his sister?

This isn't even some quality shitposting here. You're not even trying.

Thanks for reminding me of that shit too.

Mertrod is girl

Jesus fucking Christ none of you have any clue about what you are talking about, especially .

John having feelings has always been the case. He's had a distinct personality since forever, and it was fine for 343 to want to show more of it in the games. What WASN'T fine was how fucking shitty of a job they went about executing that. Even as somebody who doesn't blindly hate 343 for the sake of it, there's no questioning that 4's plot was executed terribly, and how badly they tried to push him caring about Cortana is a big part of that.

He's only known her for 3 months. He's sent fellow S2's, who he grew up with and has known since childhood, off to die straight faced, yet 343 expects you to thing he's willing to disobey rational orders to save a single rampant AI he barely knows and should damn well know is beyond saving? Utter bullshit. Cortana acts horribly out of character as well, with her rampancy being portrayed completely inconsistently not only from the novels but from Halo 3 as well. I actually did a write up on how 343 SHOULD have handled Halo 4 instead in a different thread earlier today, which is here: (You)

The S2 program has ALWAYS been portrayed in universe as an extremely morally questionable thing. "Doing bad things for the greater good" is literally the central fucking theme of the entire franchise: The UNSC not giving the outer colonies indepdence since they rely on them for agriculture, the Outer colonies resorting to the insurrection in response when they felt they had no choice, Halsey and ONI creating the S2 program and kidnapping kids to end the inssurection, Truth, Mercy, and Regret hiding the truth about humanity from the rest of the covenant to preserve their religion and society, the Forerunners using the Halo array to stave off the flood at the cost of the galaxy, etc. That moral ambiguity has always fucking been there, from litterally the first piece of Halo media ever released and it always will be.

That said, I have no idea what the fuck you are bitching about with

Considering that in Halo 5 we see MC wiping the fucking floor with Locke. Did you even play the game, or did you just see that one webm that was cherrypicked to make it look like MC was losing?

He had feels since the Fall of Reach which came out before 1/CE even did, the ones who don't care about the credbility of the lore are faggots like you who didn't even bother put in the bare minimum amount of effort to know jack shit about it, and who whine that Halo 2 actually dared to flesh the setting out more, because that's totally a bad thing,right?

Go play Duke Nukem or Serious Same or Doom if you want a intentionally nonserious shooter that's just about a faceless dude with no emotions ripping through hordes of equally faceless enemies. Halo has never and was never about that.

This video has always been cherrypicked garbage. If you want to bitch about 343, there's a lot of actual valid things to whine about (4's protrayl of MC and Cortana, rushing the state of the universe, Ordiance and loaduts in 4's MP, Escalations, Nightfall/FuD, Mortal Dictata, 5's campaign, Jul's death, etc), you don't need to resort to stuff like this which just makes you look like a shitposter

That channel is pure clickbait and ragebait. There's not a lot of good Halo content creators on youtube, but they are easily one of the fucking worst.

As shitty as 343's game stories have been, their novels have been about on par with bungie's in terms of average quality: Cryptum and Silentium are god tier, Last light, Broken Circle, and Primordium are all great, and Hunters in the Dark, Shadow of Intent/Saints testimoney/the rest of fractures, and Shrouded in Shadow are all pretty good. Their only real misses are the Kilo 5 books and New blood.

So it's angsty to hang around and dote on the comic relief character? WHAT

Everything in Kingdom Hearts. I don't even know what the fuck is going on anymore.

Majority of GG fans accepted and praised Xturd's art style, which felt like a goddamn betrayal to me, not from devs, not from Ishiwatari, but from the very same people I associated myself with.
After all people didn't like Guilty Gear for being Guilty Gear, they liked it for being proto Blazblue. Now that it went Balzblue even further beyond, the real GG is dead in the water with a handful of salty autists like me crying at its gravestone.

It's not 80s metal brought to life anymore, it's now generic jrock fujoshit with low key cel shading and bloom outta the ass, that totally look hand drawn anime to retards who only watched naruto and nuberserk in their lives.

me irl

for all we know, that could just be her pajamas or her naked body and the armor's in the wash.

If I remember, didn't Sol bang Justice, which is how Dizzy was a thing?

You are autistic, bro.

After all people didn't like Guilty Gear for being Guilty Gear, they liked it for being proto Blazblue. Now that it went Balzblue even further beyond, the real GG is dead in the water with a handful of salty autists like me crying at its gravestone.

Well at least you admit you're autistic.

It NEVER was, it was always an anime fighting game with vague rock influence, rock influence from a Japanese guys perspective.

You're not listening retard. He is an angsty character. He's like batman, he had a childhood trauma that set him on his path and now he gets triggered whenever he encounters the source of that trauma. The rest of the stuff I mentioned goes part and parcel with the "anime" aesthetics that are present in BB.

The reality for fighting games is, fans will always jump ship to the next installment. Happens to SF even though SFV launched as a broken mess. Happens every BB game. There will always be fans who stick to older versions for different reasons. But by and large, and especially true with the anime airdasher crowd, people will jump ship to the new hotness.

It's because Xrd actually looked good and the engine performed nicely. Then we saw the new designs. Then they saw the cinematic camera angles for Dusts and supers. Then they found out that they weren't doing the entire old roster in place of adding a bunch of rejected BB designs.

Yes I'm still salty

Pretty sure the answer is yes. And if so now Ky is fucking his daughter.

Metal Gear Big Boss

Metal Gear Solid Big Boss

In X Dizzy was supposed to be "made" from Justice's genetic material or some shit.
In X plus they made it into more straightforward daughter thing.
GG was getting retcons even within versions of the same game, nothing new here.

You don't fucking say.

It looks like a cel shaded PS2 game running at 1080p. Go emulate JoJo part 5 game or Megaman X Comman Mission for reference.

Looks like The Patriots propaganda got yo you fam.

Why sage? Downboatan? This is relevant to the thread.

I guess Robotnik was the retcon although technically both are correct, it just triggers my autism so goddamn hard. First it was Dr.Robotnik/Eggman, then it's Robotnik and a nickname eggman, now it's just Dr.Eggman.

Venom was the true Hero

Arbiter's are a death sentence because of the difficulty of their missions, but the role goes to the most competent soldiers out there, hero or not.

Nah, he like Cortana as a friend with a soldiers bond but he wasn't in love with her.

Sure, but not enough to act as stupid as he does in 4 for her sake. He should be way closer to any of the other S2's yet their deaths don't affect him nearly as much emotionally as Cortana's despite him knowing cortana way less, it just makes no sense

That's not really accurate. Prior to Fal 'Chavamee becoming artbier, it was a position of honor given to their greatest warriors. After he rebelled, it became a position of shame, given to once great warriors as a last chance to redeem their honor by fulfilling suicide missions

I can't find a thread more relevant than this one for posting this, but I'm lying on the couch and watching my brother play Digimon Cyberslueth, only to see that Terriermon's evolution, the one prominently featured as it belonged to a main TV show protagonist and headlined in a movie, doesn't have fucking guns. His entire concept is guns.

Was this game censored to hell and back or something? He's still got the gigantic fucking revolver cylinders on his wrists, there's just no holes for projectiles. What the fuck.

I'm not into that shit, but furry specifically refers to anthropomorphized animals with fur.
Anthro reptiles have their own name and so on.

Doesn't compare to the retcon of the Charr. Fucking furries.

Seems to be there to me

What the double fuck. There is distinctly nothing but flat metal there on the screen I am looking at as I type this. Moreover, his signature attack has been changed to nothing but an uppercut, when it was previously firing missiles.

M8, everyone bought Warcraft 3 because of hype at the latest Blizzard title while Blizzard was essentially at their peak of their A game. In the mean time while complaining about Blizzard's slow as fuck development cycle everyone played bootlegs of Diablo, Diablo 2, and Starcraft. Sometimes Warcraft 1 or 2 but those were uncommon and came with the battlechest.

Why don't you niggers get better taste in video games?

Graphical bug maybe? What country you in? Maybe it's censored where you live?

Well gee user, if it's one off indie game what kind of retcon can it even have?
How many indie games with sequels there even are?

You're right!
Halo is about an incredibly patriotic soldier who's drive is protecting his home and "family" being humanity I suppose that's why they made him a great big fat pussy

That's who Master Chief is, and only somewhat. But that's not what Halo is. Halo isn't really about the Master chief, and I guess that's where most of this contention lies: A lot of people foolishly think it is and want it to be.

The filename actively offends me.

I had never played a Blizzard game before Warcraft 3 and found it to be fucking great. It still lives as a competitive strategy game to this day.
RA2 is a great gateway into RTS.

This kid is the once and future king of trolls, I know it.

They did release this gameplay trailer 4 days ago. Viewer discretion recommended.

We must exterminate all Hideauze

Good.
I want Bioware to fucking die, i mean now they even have the faggot rainbow flag as part of their logo for fuck's sake, it couldn't get any more blatant than this.
Fuck those pieces of shit, they deserve to be jobless and starve to death.

speaking of betheshit

This really looks like fucking DAI.

Lets see….

Ships looks cool, but uninspired.

So… uglier, edgier version of Liara, current year tumblr wet dream.

Oh good, this will trivialize any meaningful decisions on character building, shortening the games lifespan

Uh… ok

We COD now.

Ok

Why?

WHY?

This is shiet. The gameplay looks like an action platform shooter from Advanced Warfare. The graphics looks like it was from Mass Effect 2. The characters are all tumblr approved checklist pocs and humanoid aliens. The only thing interesting thing about them is their background and not the actual characters themselves.

Biocucks will eat this up and defend this shit to the death though, ensuring continued rape of the mass effect universe as long as there is shekels to be had.

Don't forget your preorders goyim. Remember you can get the collectors edition without the game.

Witcher 1 and 2. Nobody cares because most people only played W3.

To be fair Fallout 4 is a game made for casuals and normalfags. I'm curious about the number of people who even played Fallout 1 and 2 at this point.

Let's not forget the fact that nordic vampires somehow work like cyrodillic vampires instead of having the ice powers they were described to have. I mean when you make an entire DLC about nordic vampires the very least you can do is check your own lore.

Reminder that Fallout 2 was the Borderlands 2 of its day with all the meme writing

Ass Erect 4 is going to be the worst fucking trash of current year + 2 but some of your points are just scraping the bottom of the barrel and make you sound underage.

This fucking triggered me so hard.
Wut? I distinctly remember burning the furballs.
Humanity was the single most powerful force on the planet. They assfucked the Charr, the Dwarves, the Undead, and every other group of faggots who challenged them. So how the fuck are the humans barely clinging to life in GW2? The humans have legit gods on their side, but we're expected to believe the Charr won?

And in what world would the humans tolerate the Asura's bullshit? And how are the Asura surviving the Charr when the humans couldn't? GW2 is a fucking joke.

That fucking pic is the perfect description of how I feel about Mass Effect 3. I am STILL mad. I will never touch Bioware shit again. I'm not even going to bother pirating it. Eat shit Bioware.

A toast to Andromeda, flop and die plz. Bioware needs to get dissolved like Maxis did. Also that colorblind zinger: I'm fucking colorblind and I didn't even think of that. Amazing.

I really liked that mission in Me1. Was really satisfying seeing that at the end of the game. Thank God I haven't played me2 or 3 and it's still unspoiled for me.

I guess I should have clarified. Having a jump pack/dash/strafe dash was an observation, not really a criticism. The look and feel of that segment felt like something that came out of advanced warfare, take that however you want.

This. Since BC, Warcraft lore went full retard.

Pic related.

user, Warcraft's Lore has been shit ever since Vanilla Wow came into existence

Vanilla Wow is 50/50
Oh sure, Forsaken joining the Horde, Night Elves joining the Alliance, Horde and Alliance suddenly managing to un-fuck themselves from ruin in just 5 years, Gnomes becoming a major player, lack of High Elves, lack of locations like Kul Tiras, Quel Thalas and Gilneas, plot holes such as lich king not re-establishing control over the forsaken and Kel'thuzad not doing absolute jack shit for 5 years are stupid.
But then again, it also has good shit, like the Scarlet Crusade, Defias Brotherhood, Onyxia and Nefarion, Twilight Hammer, Silithid, Dark Iron dwarves and the Argent Dawn.
Also, do not forget the sheer joy of actually visiting all the places from the previous games. That alone was worth a lot.

Those trips dont lie

Wait until matzan rotcoins demons into dindus and make evil whyat maan the main evil of the universe.

I'm the type that has a fav game per genre.
Reaped by nuBlizzard
Reaped by nuBlizzard
Reaped by Activision
Reaped by nuCapcom
*sigh*

Every TES game has had inconsistent lore.
Daggerfall was inconsistent with Arena, Morrowind was inconsistent with Daggerfall and so on.

The humans should harness the infinite energy of Prince Rurik's spinning corpse.

EotN as when the lore rape started though.

Truth.
What could have been great, has been defiled and ruined.

You are the cancer that is killing anime

Okay, this is going to go slightly off here because it was never explicitly stated, but, I really hate how in Halo 4, the Forerunners weren't human.
It seriously pissed me off.
The games had rather heavily implied that the forerunners were either humans themselves, or very closely related to humans.
Halo 4 comes along as says "oh, yeah, you were once our enemy. That's why we gave your kind access to all our shit".

It wasn't that way for decades before xrd.

GG is was and will be it's own thing. You BB fags can just fuck off.

That's actually a really good fake 2D.

But the Reapers were the source of mass effect technology and set up the entire relay network to encourage the younger species to use it. That's as stupid as them being robots that purge all life to prevent robots from purging all life.

No, the reapers were created by an even more ancient race IIRC. Possibly the Leviathan? I can't remember the exact details and I don't really want to. Bioware is dead to me and I do not mourn them.

Too many polygons for PS2

It already happened in Chronicle. Instead of Sargeras having a meltdown over the never ending war against the demons and figuring that chsos is the proper state of creation he's now trying to stomp the universe to stop the Void Lords.

The Reapers built the relays, but the mortal species create their own mass effect technology because of element zero

so these fuckers are corrupted now too?

Tichondrius drops a light alinged archaic Nathrezim artifact. And.one of the sidekicks in the Legion Class Halls is a magically light Dreadlord.

I think MG1!Big Boss turning out to be a body double with prosthetic arm and a shrapnel on his head was even more retarded twist. They can't use the "8-bit limitations" excuse on that one.

Apparently spics can simply turn black overnight

They even gave her the flat nigger nose and big nigger lips, like they so badly wished they had just made her a nigger in the first place.

Because transistors don't.

Every other complaint is valid, though.

You're one of those furries who really really hate humans, aren't you?

I know people on here like to exaggerate for effect, but this is just retarded. Its a fine game, at the MINIMUM considered a good one by most objective standards.
Get your head out of your ass just because you're assmad that people liked Blizzard games at some point because they were actually good
I'll agree that SC2 was screwed up. I still found the Wings of Liberty campaign to be pretty darn fun. I can't say the same about HotS and LotV, there was like… 5-6 memorable missions out of 60 for those, which is pathetic by pretty much all standards, and the lore is beyond utterly screwed. Artanis is uber-progressive and says things that would make Holla Forums explode

No wait he's tall

No wait he has a friend, actually tons of friends, one of them even got halfway turned into a robot but wasn't because that can happen

No wait Knuckles had them all along, by the way he has a new friend named Knuckles now

No wait he hates her now haha

No wait now he wants to use the emeralds and builds super weapons

No wait its Earth now (this was actually explained in a halfass way in Sonic X but they said that is not canon so lol)

No wait now he is a hero of justice who proactively hunts evil

No wait he is actually a genius who invents things Sonic depends on

No wait there is like a million of him and he is a robot

No wait they are a detective agency and Mighty just fucking disappeared

I could go on for years but no series has been so brutally retconned with every single game.

I can't even tell what's worse anymore…

wew

I can't remember which Ezio AC game it was, either Brotherhood or Revelations

>suddenly, Abstergo isn't a mask the templars wear, it is the templars

And while not a retcon, a particularly stupid bit from unity that I feel is worth mentioning

Don't forget that Jesus was just another user of a piece of Eden and the Templars killed him to get it.

I wonder how many retcons actually helped.

So templars are jews?

what about the arms, chris

No. Assassins are jews because assassins = good guys and jews = good guys.
Lenin was an assasin.

Of fucking course. When will assassin's creed finally die and so ubisoft?

He isn't like Terumi at all though

It was Revelations, those were the so-called revelations.

They did WC3 again. With the Zerg as the Orcs (Dindus) and Amon's fags as the Burning Legion (corrupted the Dindus).

Oh man Xel'Naga are better not be innocent dindus.

The movie just bombed so it looks like its already dead.

Wait what? Where's the retcon exactly? Lots of characters return in W3 from both W1 and W2. Are you talking about Yorweth in particular?

man, you must be german

No direct proof, but the lack of buzz after its release, and the convenient lack of DLCs compared to Dragon Age Origins speaks volumes.