MUGEN/IKEMEN Thread: Daily Dose Edition

MUGEN is a freeware proprietary 2d fighting game engine developed by Elecbyte. The engine is written in C and uses the SDL Library, and stages, characters, screenpacks, life bars, and even engine modifications have been made by the community. Although full games have been made in MUGEN, the engine has been widely used to make one's dream fighting game roster and make cartoons fight anime and shit like that. Most recent version is 1.1b, which adds dynamic stage cameras.
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/download-mugen-latest-release-1-1-official-release-8613-105841.0.html

There are thousands of guides on the internet on how to manually add characters, stages, and screenpacks (drag character folders into 'chars' folder, stage files into 'stages' folder ,screenpack files/folder into 'data' folder, etc.; then edit select.def), but if you want it to be done a bit easier, then use Vselect:
tunglashor.webnode.com/products/vselect/

Although base MUGEN does not have online multiplayer, a fork of MUGEN called IKEMEN has implemented online multiplayer. (Both players have to have the same IKEMEN full game for online to work properly)
osdn.jp/users/supersuehiro/pf/ikemen/wiki/FrontPage (engine)
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/how-to-ikemen-series-171303.0.html (IKEMEN thread)
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-disscussion-thread-167617.0.html (IKEMEN discussion)
evolvehq.com/client (Evolve client to make IKEMEN setup easier)

And for those who want to play online, here are some full IKEMEN games:
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/capcom-vs-snk-universe-162179.0.html

mugenguild.com/forum/topics/netmugen-te-revival-mugen-onlineikemen-project-167605.0.html

mugenguild.com/forum/topics/hyper-dbz-majin-ikemen-online-hdbz-171258.0.html

mugenguild.com/forum/topics/touhou-rp-gensokyo-reloaded-091016-update-version-1-27-171500.0.html

Well, you need to know how to code in the C language and use the SDL library to be able to make MUGEN content. However, there is a program called Fighter Factory that makes it easier to create and edit characters, stages, fonts, etc. by providing all the possible tools and functions.
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighter-factory-3-0-1-final-137126.0.html

Some user is making a MUGEN roster for an Holla Forums SaltyBet. You can download the most recent version here:
mega.nz/#!x1sAWSwA!jQUFAbBGf_otvhm_kZAdvQ6XnS6ujcDE41Tj-1df28E (previous version)

mega.nz/#!GodUyRiT!jiuvLhp9UAU8kP1dOb7Qz_v3ZjQNaLvdFnUOAVdD-E8 (most recent version)

Volafile to upload and share MUGEN content:
volafile.io/r/57oW_1

Other links include:
pastebin.com/5D91040L

pastebin.com/JLv2TDsV

pastebin.com/au1Hk9y3

pastebin.com/y4CNv02w

Piccolo (Hyper Dragon Ball Z) by JustNoPoint
network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/char_piccolo.html

Other urls found in this thread:

network.mugenguild.com/guild/mugenwiki_mb.html
mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=21
onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ALcOihGdxOBsNSE&id=6591F2879242ADA7!275&cid=6591F2879242ADA7
sendspace.com/file/byk6qd
mega.nz/#!wY00gJzS!EFwudGalepsYAWJowxijns2w0fLc_UmplzUWfZ-_w-E
mega.nz/#!ZdtznbBL!6hPRAKmWMzAXaf-BbbiDtJvdihqVSM9cV-pVGOtwDao
mega.nz/#!QcsySYLR!W4TlY0JtU2DHB4Xz06yVrzmzlvsHJwC9fSD5tlSDwoA
mega.nz/#!jsEwURxZ!p3ZDKcNBHW53-3iTI1eGDwbg787ctBL_XuMN9AnVcT4
mega.nz/#!LxFESYZC!z3h96zQQuZKj-VH6u5UIIDXUungS0-6hh6qAoY46gjs
mega.nz/#!D0UF0JwI!RAwbOIl-ZV68OEe9lsFzRJbD3QPBeT72MMfHvQPuO_8
blogs.yahoo.co.jp/mugennimame/29172132.html
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/dragon-ball-z-choujin-classic-ikemen-177973.0.html
network.mugenguild.com/guild/mugenwiki_msh.html
network.mugenguild.com/guild/mugenwiki_vs.html
mega.nz/#!sR9EDZTA!lkZnKBgl-0Pt9bmWhqo6qufWTvZhEmMJOuF8nXv7Xhk
mega.nz/#!Hp1TEDBa!LEvPes9xLtJC1TANlfavqgv1dPzkUyPbHYZbm4cgbxY
mugenfreeforall.com/topic/31631-the-ikemen-shops-~-download-official-full-games/
mediafire.com/download/r13qlxqtdnbl3a8/Garfield (Aperson98).rar
mediafire.com/download/83378p0iphqpimr/Garfield.rar
gcnmario.free.fr/mugen/zero-svc.html
justnopoint.com/lbends/download.php?file=dink
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SaltyBet stream

What
It's all just a bunch of text files, save for the SFF and Pal files which handle the graphics. The def is just setting paths and the act is a set of scripting used by the engine.

That said, I'm buttmad like crazy that some characters got updated to exclusively work with new mugen. I can't find old versions of 9ball's Melty Blood characters, I was going to use them on my OG Xbox and Apple TV.

Can someone post those webms of user fighting those overpowered 2hu edits with Magic Geese?

1.0 or 1.1? There is no reason to not update to 1.0 as it is the stable version and has backwards compatibility to winmugen content. 1.1, although it has features such as dynamic cameras, is still a dev build as of now.
I believe you could find previous versions of 9's Melty Blood characters here:
network.mugenguild.com/guild/mugenwiki_mb.html
mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=21

Also, what is going on with MugenFreeForAll? I can't seem to access their collections as they return an error when accessed.

There is a reason when I used xmugen which uses LinMugen instead of WinMugen. 1.1 should still work with 1.0 stuff, but it apparently suffered from performance issues.

I haven't tried anything from them recently. I'm shocked places like randomselect still exist, even.

Does ikemen support camera zoom?
I only want 1:1 perfect port of Samurai Shodown 5 Special with added stages from vanilla Samsho5.

When are we going to get Big Green voice mods for Hyper DBZ characters?

Pretty sure it does. CVS Universe has dynamic cameras, and that is being made with IKEMEN.

Just download Fighter Factory and replace the sfx yourself.

Are you saying I can play that thing with other people over internet?

Read the OP, nigger.

It's too b-big.

Man, Saltybet used to be popular as fug with everyone, even being used for bettan during one EVO. Then rumors started flowing that the guy who made Saltybet "stole" coding from Bipson Bucks, and then everything went to shit because it tanked its rep horribly because people apparently can't ever use certain code without permission ever.

Was going through upgrades. Should be fixed now (unless you're on mobile lol)

update nigger here, have a new update nearing completion, but I'm still testing.
pic related.
new stages with music, and characters are added.
this time i'm taking the time to actually bugfix not like an idiot.
took longer than expected, will probably be out by saturday/sunday

If you're going to pull in random characters, definitely get AKFGZ. She's pretty crazy.

I think that one's actually more broken than the one I have. One I have is a bit slower, doesn't seem to have that full screen assist. They didn't even show off her best move though.

how about you post a direct download link instead of 20 random links where some are even 7 years old

Will we be getting BlazBlue and Guilty Gear characters?
All I want is a match-up where I can pit the two against eachother with my brother.

pls add IkaMusume character

look on the bottom, there is a few.
main issue is that I'm not familiar with the blazblue/guilty gear characters so I need recommendations on SPECIFIC characters, and also the characters that are actually important for the series. I left a space for them because I wanted to add more of those characters.

added, gib me more recommendations before saturday.

Try to add Saki Omonake and Sir Arthur.
onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ALcOihGdxOBsNSE&id=6591F2879242ADA7!275&cid=6591F2879242ADA7

How would I be able to make a screenpack that is similar to the IMT 8400 one with the categories for 1.1? I'm planning on making a large compilation and I don't like making the portraits tiny.

If you need guilty gear characters, go with faust, bridget, and may. I would say baiken and anji mito, but I'd rather iconic characters than my main and my fun character.

Do the categories only let you select characters from the same category or is it just a different way or organizing?

Actually now that I think about it, I'd replace may with ky and robo ky. I don't really feel ky is that special, but robo ky is a bit iconic.

It's still getting new people and has a stable base viewer number, if we consider Salty is kind of an asshole

New Kiwami
sendspace.com/file/byk6qd

Well you would select a category and a list of that category's characters would appear, that's how I remember the organization working.

bump

Hahahaha
So any model & sprite can be ported?

Only sprites as of now. Mugen still doesn't have support for 3d models. The closest we can get to a 3D Mugen is Project EF-12.

I'd argue the true 3D Mugen is Soul Calibur 5

Actually meant to ask: how is EF-12? Anyone here own it?

What about those Final Fantasy XI characters

not as many characters or creativity as MUGEN.
so far no special moves for ANY character has been created. the most unique character was Goku and he had only punches/kicks.
the system needs more flexibility for special moves.

added

going to add, so far no luck because mugen free for all's site is not working.

gib me more characters
finalizing list
also, stage recommendations with music would be nice.

file is down, reupload

Any stuff made by anons here?

Haven't made anything but I did fix one dumb character. It's 4 NGPC characters on a tag team sharing health bars and meter. I unfucked tagging and calling assists. It's still not quite right, Ken's kicks aren't fixed among other things. I think Iori's got some fucked coding too.

I added zoom to a bunch of Street Fighter 3 stages, cleaned some by removing background characters.
Hope they can be used in the 8ch build.
mega.nz/#!wY00gJzS!EFwudGalepsYAWJowxijns2w0fLc_UmplzUWfZ-_w-E

thanks nigga, do you have music with that shit?
i mean I can use my own music, but then you'll be listening to 'Gas Gas Gas' and 'Hurricane Man' and shit

I need recommendations!
I will begin uploading at 12 PM pacific time! (2~ AM for east amerifags and in the morning for eurofags)

*12 AM pacific time

(checked)
Not for all stages, just a few.
Mostly jazz or jazz hop.
mega.nz/#!ZdtznbBL!6hPRAKmWMzAXaf-BbbiDtJvdihqVSM9cV-pVGOtwDao
Also, are there warusaki3 characters in the build? I don't see any in the screenshots..

actually, furthermore on the sound thing, I notice that each of the .defs have mp3s expected of them. can you upload your sound folder?
(as in, for example:

——–
[Shadow]
color = 50,50,50
yscale = .40

[Music]
bgmusic = sound/0.mp3

[BGdef]
spr = stages/MVC2Training.sff

debugbg = 0

[BG Black]…
——–
I notice that there is in the files a 'preferred mp3')

yes, most of the jojo characters are either based on, or directly by warusaki3, Dio.Hentai, for example, is mostly warusaki3, but a JoJo fan decided to give him more flashy moves.
sound is added to specified stages, am currently injecting eurobeat into the rest

I don't see any waku waku 7 characters, so why not add Arina makihara and mauru?

I lost the music for most of the other stages, my sound folder is in my last post.

I was thinking more of the CVS2 characters by warusaki3 and H".
If people find the groove select thing to be annoying, you could just apply no groove patch.

I'm actually uploading my mugen build to mega now, all my characters are warusaki3 or H" CVS2 with no groove patch and some with patched AI, I'll post the link when finished, maybe some characters can be used from it.

I'm a whore for grooves, what's in it?

done

Personalize screenpack, all CVS2 characters by warusaki3 and H'' with groove and some AI patch.
SF3 stages w/ zoom.
Basically the stuff I have in the mega links posted.
There's a extra folder with 3 more characters, magicgeese, kino w/ AI patch set to highest, CVS2 Sheng Long.
I upload my build for backup every now and then, I keep making some changes to the screen pack and stuff and just want to have a backup in case I lose it all.

Forgot to mention, I've put in the respective win quotes for all characters.

King of Roosters 14

finally got all stages to work and all characters seem to be fully functional.
I made sure I didn't make the same mistake as last time (namely making it directory dependent, now it can be moved freely from whatever directory.)
anyway, last minute recs
its 8:52 pm here, so its all closing in about 3 hours.

Do you have a Saturday Night Slammaster of some kind? Because that actually has minor interactivity with AKFGZ and maybe others if they programmed the characters right.

No, who do you want in specifically?

Victor Ortega or Mike Haggar. I can't remember who made one that's the most accurate to the games, though.

Here's my build:
mega.nz/#!QcsySYLR!W4TlY0JtU2DHB4Xz06yVrzmzlvsHJwC9fSD5tlSDwoA
get cvshibiki, cvsjill, from my characters folder
kino and Sheng_long from extra folder
cvshibiki has an AI only .def

kay done
all characters added

as of now, recs are closed, and I am uploading to MEGA, see you tomorrow cuz this thing is like 7 gigs and my upload speed is terrible

Thanks mate.
dear lord..

turns into 10 after you open the program once kek

mugen has a temp storage system so it doesn't take 10 minutes each time to start it (at least with what I've observed)

actually mugen upload is at 14% and I have 1 hr left to upload

the zip file is around 3 gigs (unzipped is 7 ofc) so it might be uploaded tonight

here's the link

mega.nz/#!jsEwURxZ!p3ZDKcNBHW53-3iTI1eGDwbg787ctBL_XuMN9AnVcT4

'kay so one of the stages was broken, so I fixed the .def file.
here is a patch (yes to overwrite, extract contents into main MUGEN directory.)

mega.nz/#!LxFESYZC!z3h96zQQuZKj-VH6u5UIIDXUungS0-6hh6qAoY46gjs

speaking of patches, because there is no more directory errors (as that should be fixed)
updates will now come in the form of patches, naturally patches overwrite each other so it is important to remember the order of which to patch things

Looks cool

Piccolo is always trash in fightan games.

You may need to fix the camera and stage boundaries for the new stages. The camera goes beyond the stage ceiling, as indicated by the black border above the stages.

A few more stages have spat out errors, so I needed to fix those too.

I know the basics of MUGEN editing, but stage boundaries and other things are shit I dunno.

If user f65106 can said stages, I can include the updated stages in a new patch.

I-Im the user who put zoom on those stages, should have mentioned, I never tested those stages with MVC characters, I guess kind of zoom I was going for just can't work with MVC characters without the camera going out of bound.

I'll see what I can do to fix that.
Which characters in particular encounter this glitch so that I can test it myself.

Does anybody have torrent with charas and stages?

Never mind, I'm an idiot who forgot that he just downloaded the whole build.

I'll do what I can, after sleep.

bump

He was good in one of the Budokai Tenkaichis. Can't remember which one.

Can't you turn off storage to save resources in the system config?

I'm the user who provided the SF3 with zoom stages, sorry for the late post.
Changing the boundhigh from -200 to -100 seems to do the trick.

r8 muh roster
does anyone know of Guilty Gear characters that fit well with CvS-styled characters?
also, what are some good 640x480 stages that won't kill my framerate?

needs dio/10
other than that glaring issue of no jobros, its fine

I wanted to add some jojo characters but all the ones I found have a dumb integrated meter thing

that's because the 'dumb integrated meter thing' is the stand health, in other words its needed for the character to tell what the hell durability the stand is at.
most jojo characters (especially the original ones made by Warusaki3) have a config file to either disable or move the bar.

Oh neat, that makes sense.

Whose do you recommend? Warusaki's? His AI rapes me 11 times/10.

warusakis shit comes with shit ai, but the ones you must be talking about are the ones that come with the brutal ai package by some nips
I know silver chariots/ avdols/ and some versions of Kakyoin's AI is brutal and 9/10 it sticks you in a combo that takes away 70 percent of your HP.

but yeah I recommend warusaki3's, because his shit is straight up almost ripped from the game. the only completely non-faithful adaptation is Dio/Jotaro, but thats in the vein that they both have counters, and it generally adds to the characters rather than takes away.
basically the character list from Heritage to the Future is the characters you want to pick from, but Petshop and Iggy are the only two I wouldn't recommend if you want any semblance of balance, as they both are annoying shits even from their own game.

As a HftF player I can tell you they're fucking awful and nothing like the actual characters.

Check out Nimame's HftF characters. He didn't do the entire roster, but the characters are pretty accurate. I should note that Nimame's Vanilla Ice is the boss version of the character from the story mode instead of the playable character version.
blogs.yahoo.co.jp/mugennimame/29172132.html

Do you think there's any way of making a legit Heritage to the Future port? Watching vids like is a pain because not only half the characters have broken and inconsistent sprites and huds, the mechanics of the game are never ported properly.

I play HftF and I can tell you haven't played HftF

Currently, vanilla MUGEN doesn't have support for features seen in most fighting games (advanced character/stage selection menu, dynamic stages, story mode and other modes, having defeated opponent get back up as indication for next round instead of fading to black, etc.), so an almost exact port of HftF would be difficult to make in vanilla MUGEN. Still, people have made unofficial patches to MUGEN that adds in new shit, such as video related adding in tag team support, so it might be possible to make an HftF port.

bump

Frame data is fucked, there's barely a single thing that even feels right let alone actually is right
Things that are extremely difficult or even impossible in the actual game can be done easily (e.g. Dio stand mode dash 2A -> 5A -> dash 2A -> 5A -> dash 2A… infinite) while things that should be easy don't work (e.g. Dio stand mode dash 2C -> 5A link)
Jump arcs and behavior are all over the place and show none of the attention to detail necessary
The push code is utter garbage making SIMPLE combos inconsistent or impossible (e.g. Jotaro stand mode dash A -> A, A, B -> 236A -> 214A -> 214B, Dio 2A, 2A, 2A, 214A, 66, 1A, 1A, 1A, 6SA -> 5B, 214A, 214A, or most laughably of all V.Ice 2A, 2A, 5C, 236AA) and making things like Vanilla Ice's chains drop constantly
The controls in general are just shit. In fact almost everything is backwards: easy things are difficult and feel TERRIBLE, whereas advanced combos that are supposed to take godlike execution are piss-easy
Now get out of the habit of acting like an authority on shit you know nothing about, it's a bad one.

:^)
The opposite, actually. I find HftF to have easier advanced combos than the MUGEN version, and easy things stay easy in both versions.
MUGEN has a fucked controls system, this has been known for years. Get used to shitty movement code by nips who have no idea how the fuck to code on a english program.
Additionally, more than often it is simply the opponents own frames and data that causes these issues.
Jump arcs are, as I find, similar to the game. What the fuck do you mean by behavior? AI behavior? Which is simply not included in Warusaki3's version?
If you really want to talk about attention to fucking detail, go forth and fuck yourself, because Warusaki3 covers that shit with Dio and Jotaro and his other characters that have hooks and other things to be compatible with each other.
Push codes are again, on MUGEN's side of things. Customization is a thing in MUGEN, but it can't be taken too far.
The recommended characters are no different to this either, fuckwit.
Way better than many other game ports, and again, your suggested characters do this no better.
If you want to talk about accuracy, you said it yourself, "I should note that Nimame's Vanilla Ice is the boss version of the character from the story mode instead of the playable character version"
In that way, Nimame fucked up if he was trying to provide the playable characters from HftF.
Ditto, shit gargler.

I was the one who brought up Nimame, not him.

Nice one taking this line out of context, you don't address my point at all. The frame data is wrong. It's not a case of some fault of the engine where everything's off by 1 frame or something. It's just wrong, and wrong all over the place.
It doesn't work on HIS OWN characters. Let alone others.
In HftF what jumps you can do in what circumstances is determined by your character and whether you're in stand mode or not. e.g. Dio can only superjump forward with stand off, and can only superjump backwards with stand on. The rules vary wildly by character. Warusaki's characters don't respect this at all accurately.
So why the fuck do many competent MUGEN authors correct the way cornerpush works with their own code? It's been a community standard for a decade or more. Again I get the distinct impression you're pulling this shit out of your backside.
If you'd played HftF for more than 10 minutes you'd be able to tell that Nimame's characters handle vastly better even if they nowhere near perfect. I don't even know why you're bringing his characters into this other than being a flaming fanboy for a fucking has-been MUGEN author. Nice job reading IDs, by the way.

I just want CvSNK3…

There's CVS Universe, but it's still WIP.

It does, though.

Jump arcs still are similar to the game, even if you are able to double jump.

They don't have to deal with two player controlled 'objects'. If you'd notice, singular characters do have good push code, but the moment shit gets complex, is the moment shit goes down the drain. Plenty of well made autismo level joke characters that do complicated and crazy ass specials have this issue as well, and it shows not only on the push code, but the actual hit code, as various incompatibilities can complicate and destroy function.
even if they're by the same author
If you've played HftF for more than 10 minutes you'd be able to tell that Warusaki3's characters handle vastly better, even if they're nowhere near perfect. I don't even know why you're bringing his characters into this other than being a flaming fanboy for a fucking has-been MUGEN author.
Good job with your grammar, by the way.

Must've confused the ID's.

Looking for advice on fight.def file.
Pics related is my screenpack, I put make shift CRT TV distortions on each screen, I'm trying to find a way to do the same during fighting.

I've been searching around google and elcbyte's documentations, but no luck so far.
Plus, there seems to be a bunch of undocumented stuff like changing .ttf font colors and what not.

So I figured I might as well try my luck asking here…

To give more insight, the distortion isn't an animation, it's defined the same way a normal sprite would be defined in a screen pack or character, and uses velocity and trans parameters, which I can't find seem to use in fight.def..

I don't know how you'd do it with fight.def because as far as I know you can't arbitrarily define the elements in that file, only use the existing ones, so you'd end up doing something really hacky like hiding it inside another animation. That is if your approach can work in the first place. Of course you could also define it as a stage element and c&p it into each stage - stages use the same layer index as the UI so it could still sit on top of everything.

I'm disappointed.

That's what I'm trying to avoid doing.

Fuck it, that's exactly what I ended up doing..

Yeah, and they're all fucking outdated or written by Mexicans.

Which file to add the motif?

Put the files in the mugen1 folder and see if that works.

Wait, nevermind, it's system.def.

Okay, and now what? Not sure exactly what I'm looking at…

Wait hold on, can't even move with this shit.

Looks like one of those screenpacks where you have to add the characters manually to their respective categories in the select.def

bump

Is this yours? There's a patch to remove groove selection for Warusaki3's CvS characters in case you want greater uniformity among your characters

The video is not mine. Thanks for the tip, though.

How have I not known of this before?

Well for starters, tag team support is an unofficial add-on to MUGEN. 3v3 and 4v4 looks pretty buggy, though.
Bumpan with another add-on.

Is it wrong I simply enjoy mugen for the broken stupid shit and dumb porn?

Whatever floats your boat. Why the fuck are there so many MUGEN Ryona videos?

Does anyone know if there's a way to associate songs to player characters, rather than have the song associated to the stage?

I feel like the screen is too zoomed in on the fighters, can I zoom out the camera in the files?

That can easily be done with Vselect

Yes, in the stage .def file, under [camera], look for zoomin, zoomout.
Change the values to what works for you.

hey is it okay if i shill my fullgame for ikemen?
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/dragon-ball-z-choujin-classic-ikemen-177973.0.html

Are there any of the MvC characters without the hyper-fighting gameplay? I want to add them to my roster but I want to try and achieve some sort of balance.

Try the download links of the "Special Gameplay" characters in the below links:
network.mugenguild.com/guild/mugenwiki_msh.html
network.mugenguild.com/guild/mugenwiki_vs.html

you how do y'all feel about those porn characters that some people make for MUGEN?

It was inevitable. Don't look up vore characters. Those are worse than any MUGEN porn character ever made.

LOL

We're not going to hear the end of this, are we?

..this hurts..

This is the only Yume Nikki character I could find that was decent.

(checked)
But those sprites are taken from the game.
And although it's a complete character, I was hoping for one that looks like it actually belongs to a fighting game..

Dream vs. Dream is a fighting game made by some tumblr autist, they managed to finish Madotsuki and some other characters but never completed it. Maybe you could grab the sprites?

I used to think this was gonna be made in flash, glad it's not… it's a never ever isn't it

Did a short search, these are the only sprites of mado I could find..
and ripping sprites from vids would be shit, not to mention painstaking..
last image isn't from dream vs dream, I just find it cute, maybe can be used as super animations?..

also this

Fully automated stream
The future is here

bump

Need help again..
Anyone know how to properly config indexed.frag?
For mugen 1.1b.

Using a custom indexed.frag, when ever I comment the line in 2nd pic, I get the darker effect I want 3rd pic (basically all masked transparencies turn darker, character sprites blur, also allowing the scan lines to be more visible).
But it also affects certain frames in characters, 4th pic (when ever they use a super or use dodge, black boxes appear).

If I remove the comment, problem is gone and some effects still intact, but the desired darker shade is gone..

Here's the files if anyone can help.
mega.nz/#!sR9EDZTA!lkZnKBgl-0Pt9bmWhqo6qufWTvZhEmMJOuF8nXv7Xhk

you can also try it on your own mugen, just replace the indexed.frag and indexed.vert in the data folder.

bump

bump

Anyone remember NeoKamek and JudgeSpear's videos?

*tfw JudgeSpear started
fuck my grammar

Judgespear's the one that got me into MUGEN
We still dont know what the acronym stands for

What characters would you like to see in MUGEN that still haven't been made?

My picks

what gaem?

mega.nz/#!Hp1TEDBa!LEvPes9xLtJC1TANlfavqgv1dPzkUyPbHYZbm4cgbxY

I remember back when I was a lad trying to make a 2D DBZ fighting game with these kind of sprites.

Did not go well.

Might try again sometime.

If you're thinking of making a MUGEN character, then get Fighter Factory. It helps make it easier to make the code and animations for MUGEN characters and stages.

Thanks user.

No one?

I'm not spamming the thread with them. I'll spam OP's Vola instead.

It's a shame the guy never recorded himself fighting Nirvana, another edgy 2hu edit.

Your wish is my command.
Forgive the shitty play, I'm rusty.

Nice job, user. Danke.

bump

I'm trying to load 8mugen (the 2016-11-05 version linked in the OP), but it's giving me an "Error loading TitleBG". Would anyone have the solution, or would any of the builds linked later in the thread have fixed this?

Faggots ruin everything. That's my number one problem with most open source communities people bitching about credit. As if it weren't obvious enough that they are attention whores. If someone really cared about releasing stuff for free they wouldn't give a fuck what you did with it and they wouldn't whine about credit for their minimal contribution.

Just look at the faggot making that CvSNK game for IKEMEN. I spent 5 minutes on a random mugen forum and knew he was a massive faggot. All he does on there is whine about moderators not doing their job, attention whores, and attempts to drive traffic to his own website. I don't know if he was always like that but the minimal attention he got went to his head really fast. He acts high and mighty for someone ripping sprites and picking up other content to roll into his own release.

Speaking of I'm rolling my own for my local group. Should I even bother with IKEMEN or should I just run Mugen 1.0? I really want the HD stages but I can live without them. All I want to do is put a bunch of Street Fighter and SNK characters in there, remove parries from some, add just defend to all of them and have fun with my friends.

IKEMEN should have support to most characters and stages for 1.0, so HD stages should work in IKEMEN. If you don't mind setting up connections for online play and not being able to use motifs, then go for IKEMEN. If you're playing local multiplayer, then go for MUGEN.
vid unrelated

I did Revival, among other things…

Hey this link has all Ikemen fullgames mugenfreeforall.com/topic/31631-the-ikemen-shops-~-download-official-full-games/

Thanks. Decided to revise the pastebin with the link to make it less cluttered.

bump

Reminder that the new Hyper DBZ build comes out a week from today.

HUE

When making a character should I use version 1.0 or 1.1?

How are you recording these webms?

No, no. It's…

HUE HUE HUE HUE-HUE
HUE HUE HUE HUE-HUE
HUE HUE HUE HUE-HUE
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

I didn't record them, they were made by the Magic Geese user. I got them from the volafile link.

If you're thinking of adding zoom camera effects to your character, use 1.1. Otherwise, use 1.0.

What's even worse is that I can pull shit like Geese's pretzel just fine but I can't find a way to get this shit to work.
Also why did he remove the Aegis Reflector-like barrier that shit was fun

I have a lot of the same characters. But you are missing some great ones with lots of moves.
- Fate characters (Archer and Gil)
- Saint Seiya characters (the main 5 are all of great quality)

Roster shot

add Zero

Is there any Garfield related character?

I found these two:
mediafire.com/download/r13qlxqtdnbl3a8/Garfield (Aperson98).rar
mediafire.com/download/83378p0iphqpimr/Garfield.rar

smh fam

gcnmario.free.fr/mugen/zero-svc.html

Hey guys, I got pictures. Pictures of Spider-Man. Turns out he's been a mafioso on the side the entire time.

Heal the world? I recognize how he makes his frankenstein characters, with the artstyle not following HttF, moves taken from other characters, and the broken as hell codiing. Also:

????????????

Probably should have specified IKEMEN as a clone of MUGEN, instead.

Cody (Final Fight) vs Vanessa (KOF) please!

would it be possible to play this over the net?

If you can get it to run in IKEMEN. Which would predominantly mean translating all of its configuration into IKEMEN's syntax.

this thread gets a post strictly once a day

217:1 Never forget

The_None updated an old meme character into a competently-made meme character.
justnopoint.com/lbends/download.php?file=dink

3?

Where is the porn?

Right over here.

bump

Rate my build. pls no bully

Hey if you want I made a fixed version of the Robo-Ky you'll see around that makes use of his +r voice rather than his crappy older voice.

is there a yaoi/shota/catboy version of the MUGEN rape porn game version?

it's for a……. female friend of mine

Your build looks good for CvS standards, but that filter is getting in the way.

I have a thing for scan lines, unfortunately my toaster can't handle 3rd party filters, so I just improvise.