Final Fantasy Xv bread

Can someone explain me what happened?

So the game wasn't about a dispute between kingdoms, it wasn't about a boyband going into an adventure, it wasn't a love story between a prince and a princess and it wasn't a roadtrip game.

Everything was about an old prince that couldnt be king because he had a lot of demons inside so your father and your loved one trick you into thinking you are about to get married but you are only going to het killed?
How come this game ending is the exact opossite of FFX where it was about defeating destiniy but this one was about embracing it or something?

Why did Prompto, Gladio and Ignis go to die at the end? It wasn't neccesary
Why was important that we knew about the kingdom of Niflheim and legolas and ravus if they were going to get killed offscreen?
Lunafreya wasn't even a character, she was a plot device with a face that serve nothing to the plot except give noctis the ring
What was the point of Cor the inmoral? Why didn't he join the party and protect the prince? He helps you once and then gives you a fuck you of farewell
What was that about Prompto being a magitek?

Why was this game promoted as a "fantasy based on reality" if we were only like an hour in a present day city and everything else looked more like steampunkish, the only modern thing was the cars.
And that ending with Noctis and Luna was them in afterlife or something?
Where was the open world thing? The game was as open world as MGSV and the car was a loading screen you couldnt drive it

Square Enix tried to make a video game. It went as it usually does.

I hate that the people who hacked the Squeenix Twitter didn't shit talk this shitty game.

You played a shitty game. The only thing I got out of it was a sudden and explainable hunger for cup noodles…

They pretty much trashed the whole plot and started anew when Tabata took over the project.

CUP NOODLES!!

Reshuffled project when the new team leader decided the story just sucked ass, you know, the tragedy of a Kingdom and Empire, Romeo and Juliet, not Boy band trip and British Kefka or if you're that desperate, just go with with the 'Squall died theory' that Noctis died in a car crash and this was all a dream.

Nanomachine Bacteria Purging Suicide Ritual and then a TOGETHER IN DEATH scene cause MUH ROMANCE.

My interpretation is that everyone got played by the gods in the end, Ardyn got fucked over by them telling to take the EVIL BACTERIA inside him and them then not liking the result and even his rebellion was essentially him being played by a fiddle, because he definitely was played , but it is also made clear in the SHIVA REVEAL that the Astrals were definitely capable of keeping him from running amok on heir own had they actually given a shit.

And as shown by both Shiva having been "killed" prior to the story and still fucking around freely and the fact you can summon even after the supposed "deaths" show they aren't "dead" in the slightest.

Oh, and the EVIL BACTERIA NANOMACHIES are suggested to be Ifrits work in the first place, meaning it was the fucking Astrals not cleaning up their own fucking mess and forcing humans to die and suffer for it.

Basically they either didn't finish, cut, or just didn't make like half the plot and all the scenes tying all the different plot elements together so it's a whole game of disparate plot elements and then 5 minutes at the end of Bahamut showing up and saying "look here's the plot, now go to the last bossfight".

Really? I got a hunger for cock and effeminate males.

this is going to sound retarded but what version of Prologue is playing in the background?

Fucking kill yourself.

Explain why you bought this shit first.

I got it for 5,33 american dollaridoos

It's already being sold that cheap? But seriously you're an idiot to have spent any money at all.

watch the brotherhood final fantasy xv animation. shit makes even less sense.

The mad man!

I guarantee you've spent 5 bucks or more on worse.

I bet they all feel cool when thrusting inside them.

How does this man survive that much frostbite to his dick and keep going?!

But it'll be worth it

Simple, the blood coursing through his penis not only made it rock hard..it's also warm.

They will freeze his cock and cum
Suddenly it turns into a femdom orgasm denial torture session

l-lewd…

Does someone have the screencap of that supposed user that was involved in the game that was posted in cuckchan?

So it's either dick is frozen and be broken off…or she melts.

The game is fine up untill Hillary Clinton helps them summon Leviathan. That fight is the exact point the whole game went to shit. It's all downhill from there on.

I'm sure that wasn't the original plan.

Oh God. My dick has severely miscalculated.

You should join him.

Seems not great, but not shit so far.

Apparently the auto attack button was a lie as well as not actually driving the car.

No sense of direction happened, OP. The game is a mish-mash of concepts and ideas not fully realised.

Have you played the secret puzzle dungeon? Shit's wild and by far the best part of the game and I have no idea how it happened to be included. Where was this talent in the rest of the game? Who knows.

And there's no radio stations while driving. Can't we at least have a jingle for cup noodles? Also…stealth mission needs work. A lot of work.

I'm just shocked that I've lived long enough to watch FF go from cant miss to complete failure.

Po~ju is superior to yuni.

Fuck you! Here, listen to Final Fantasy II battle time while in your 20 minutes automatic drive.

Nah…I kept listening to Rufus' theme and Gold Saucer theme. It helps.

I don't see why they couldn't at least let you drive offroad. Makes zero sense.

Otherwise just running around is comfy as fuck and the combat is enjoyable along with good music.

Also, you don't need those ellipsis.

Guess offroading is for Chocobos.

Faggot detected. That wouldn't even be close to enough to kill an ice elemental, let alone a magical being.

No shit, you don't say? I thought that with all that fucking she would melt and then become ice again once she is dead and then have the guy frozen forever with a neverending boner.

What then?

Fuck you, mang.

go away mark

t. sonygger

FUCK YOU SE

why even live

At least that would have made up for how rushed the game felt after going to FF Venice

they look like shit, cant they make anything right?

I actually didn't mind this game tbh, aside from the rushed second half. Battle system is a bit shit also, but I got it for free, so no big deal.

Shiva from FF7 is the best Shiva.

first fucking post and the thread is over

where were you in FFXIII?

I think you mean they felt shivers

It really disappointing. *Not gonna lie if they released the original plot as DLC I would buy it.*

what is the story of cidney anyway? she is just a mechanic that you cant bang?

>>>/cuckchan/

Also gonna post best girl

This is scenario B. of what happens when someone completely different comes in and takes over a project. They try to make it completely their own thing as best as they can, as opposed to trying to carry on the original intention/goal.

The problem is we've been getting fed on stuff for this game for several years before they switched over. There is too much excitement pushing it, so he is limited in what he can do. So we end up with a clusterfuck of a story as a result.

basically video games don't have good stories anymore. I feel like fallout 4 is the only game worth playing on ps4. Are there any good games on ps4 with a good story where the main character isn't a child, a woman, or a massive crybaby faggot?

I didn't like witcher at all =(

Tactics is best. You will forever be my nigger.

You like Fallout 4's story but don't like The Witcher?

To be honest I only played it for 10 minutes and didn't like it. I'll try it again. Fallout 3 and NV were strong foundations of appreciation for 4 that I just lost patience for playing witcher 3 after I was done with 4 and I eventually forgot about it.

dude what happened? Where did it all go so wrong?

I'll disagree with you there.

Tactics Ogre has a better story in my opinion. FFT does follow up pretty well though.

huh? don't they make 4 look bad by comparison as they're better rpg's ?

Give Witcher another go. And if you want good writing then the Heart of Stone expansion is near god-tier game writing.

All new games look bad to me now, my dude. They all have style and yet no substance. I liked fo4 because the nostalgia factor was there.

so you're just underage

No, I have specific tastes.

That sounds like an awesome game about barbarians; Kor the Immoral.

I see you're a civilized man too.

You're a fucking faggot that bought a half finished game that was originally 5 installments compressed into one single entry with story elements chopped up and fucked up and the main bulk of the story was made in the last few months of development.

In short, you're a fucktard, nigga.

Uuuuuh, no. This is what happens when you get an over ambitious idiot in charge of a project and a company that is willing to entertain him until he becomes a liability and the company has to kick him off his project and force another guy in who will ACTUALLY finish the game without planning for 5 more games.

Are you talking about ffxv? I didn't buy it. Every time I'm tempted to I look up a review and they say it's garbage.

That's why I ended up here, to be called a faggot while looking for alternatives. I accomplished half of my objectives thanks to you.

He was the original villain of the game. The demon fuck ARden or whatever was supposed to be the ultimate Villain in the last entry of the FFXV series.

Keep posting.

(checked)

I need a new boyfriend, fuck. That second image could be me!

Yeah that's about right.

Please be in London.

Sorry, love.

of course

Prompto , Gladio, and Ignis didn't die. I think they showed up in that world to symbolize Noctis's bonds or something. Noctis left them outside so they would live.
You could walk, ride a chocobo, or fly your car basically anywhere.

A lot of your other problems were changes made to the game so they could release on time. According to there contract they had to release before 2017. Didn't help that they complete changed the game a couple times. I'm just thankful it wasn't a musical.

shit picture, user.

you could walk, ride D-Horse or fly your helicopter basically anywhere.

the fact that you can fly a car isn't even a real mechanic of the game
you still HAVE to land it on the road, and it only lets you access a single area that the regular car can't get to
they should've just let you fast travel to more places, instead

that honest to god was the only that that god me really fucking annoyed
the game play was average and story was forgettable

but that shit, that was fucking bullshit

Pretty sure the fate of Ignis Gladio and Prompto is up to your own speculation, but I think the possibility of them dying is a lot more likely

That's called DLC.

Man that was just lazy.

Lost her parents on the previous war when she was 6 or something, then was Adopted by Cid. That's it.

The game might be pure fujobait, but it had the best waifus.

Imagine how better the game would have been if your party members had been the waifus the whole time.

But homosexuals will be mentally ill I guess.

So much wasted potential. The game doesn't even work as a romance story since you never even get to met your slutty waifu. Not to mention she was the worst girl anyway.

Most of the romance shit is on specific radio/cutscene intervals, the anime, or the movie, all of them didn't showcase any of that shit.

I'll never live to see a high budget jRPG about a dude and his battle harem set on retaking his throne so he can make them all pregnant and start a new dynasty.

I wish Hitler had won so we wouldn't suffer faggots ruining everything.

What cutscenes? Luna and Noctis haven't seen eachother in years and all they do is exchange letters through the magic dog that can cross entire continents on foot.

The time when Noctis finally gets to meet her, she dies. This whole shit was the worst kind of platonic love.

kingsglaive Luna>Game Luna

What the fuck? They completely changed her face for the movie? Why?

"We want the western audience and we heard they like stronk women with manly jawlines"

Cute girls are for pedos, right? True men like ugly women.

I haven't played the game so i don't know how the crew is handled but not every game has to be filled with waifu-bait. I personally liked the idea of a all male cast with heavy bromance.

Lol more like weebfags

No surprise, west gives more money than little easterns

Too bad boyband trip got pushed forward, goddamn the entire game felt like a demo, too much changes and too fucking casual and simple.

These cutscenes, most of them are so fucking shit, barely made me care that Noctis was even gonna get married or even care about Luna as a character rather than the goal point.

This fucking pisses me off about that movie, zero mention of anything, and of fucking course everyone who appeared there got killed offscreen or died like a fiddle.

FFXV bromance is really badly done. Most times your friends end up acting like pricks or just straight up annoying. It's kinda ironic but the girls are much better characters (except for Lunafreya)

Isn't it kinda forced that Noctis cares about her? Like I said, it's platonic love between two people who don't even know each other. Last time he saw her they were both kids.

The game tries to sell their relationship as if it was this heartwarming love story, but the whole time I couldn't imagine Noctis felt anything other than: "At least she's hot"

This is ten year old vaporware that was forced into a console gen jump and rushed development with various heads of development coming and going, take in mind that some of the character development of their relationship is in the fucking anime, Luna is shit, Stella felt like they had a better relationship, too bad Squeenix can't write a damn anymore.

I hate what this industry have become.

You know what bugs me? This could've been Final Fantasy with Godfather stuff. The Versus 13 thing made it out like it's a gang war or something.

It was supposed to be like that, small Kingdom versus big bad Empire, tragic lovestory between Romeo-Noctis and Stella-Juliet, something about the true creation of the world that ties it into the Fabula Nova Crystallis crap that was from FF13 and Type-0, an old King and Emperor fighting, rallying your subjects into a rebellion and also gathering allies, fighting against a Kefka-like evil guy who's profitting from the entire war, and sad tragic ending, that was what they promises FF13-Versus to be, a closer to reality and a bit more darker and edgier than pass FF games. they redid some of the Yakuza-inspired getups for some Western medieval shit for the Noctis' Dad/King.

Then play Yakuza. The effeminate males in FFXV are pure fujobait.

Well, damn, i really liked the idea of an all male cast.

Why is it that in so many stories the girls that have a closer relationship or are more interesting characters don't get to be the MCs girl?

Eventually i will play Yakuza.

I'll dust out the old PS2 for Yakuza 2. Maybe this time, I won't fall for the cursed DVD sidequest.

Square Enix is shit, either give the new FF team enough time to develop the game or cut your losses you shortsighted fucks. Anyway, to comment on what we got, the story itself makes me pissed off.

The gods are the villains of this game, they are the cause of everything that went wrong from Ardyn to Noctis. Ardyn was a man doing his job given BY the gods, and those very same gods then shat on him when he accomplished it and want's worse is his fucking ungrateful kingdom AND family betrayed him. This isn't just about him not ascending which was rightfully his reward, that really could be justified that he was too infected by demon shit, but to not even reward him at all with something just as great and instead fuck him over is beyond just being dicks. The gods were evil lazy cunts that could not resolve their own fucking problems that were caused by Ifrit and forced a healer who loved his kingdom to become basically Satan. And just to make sure Ardyn would get even more fucked over they made a destiny for the descendant of his treasonous brother that is effectively and almost literally a time bomb designed especially to kill him. This man's life is a tragedy orchestrated by the gods, everyone who would ever calls themselves a sane person would be fucking furious and pissed off like Ardyn, people would probably do exactly what he did and maybe even more.

Now lets talk about that time bomb aka Noctis, the guy that was destined to die and had a shitty life starting from day 1 when his mom died. He was born just to kill someone who was used by the gods just as they are now using him and the very instant he does that he is discarded aka dead. His destiny was not to be a king, but a sacrifice for the fuck-ups by the gods, the fact that they call that ascending to become a true king is a complete joke. The gods don't reward anyone in that world, the only reward is extreme suffering. This game was about the tragedy of two men orchestrated by the gods who then pit them against each other because of their own incompetence, evil and fuck ups. Fuck I'm pissed off about that world, if they released a DLC where you play Ardyn in a what-if story I would fucking play it.

In one way i think XV basically ended up as "Inverted-XII".

Noctis and Ashe are both Royals who lose their Kingdoms, but while Ashe is discouraged from playing into the hands of the gods by the party and basically everyone around her, Noctis is encouraged by blind "loyal" yes-men, and while in XII the "Empire" ends up succeeding taking history in the reigns of man in XIV the Gods end up eradicating the Empire and halt the technological progress since The Empire is very likely to be scapegoats due how the Magitek/Daemon research panned out (Reality being that the ENDLESS NIGHT was going to happen way before they went around their plans, since it was directly related to the (Astral-Made) Plague) and with humanity significantly culled, they can pick a new Oracle and "Magic King" and keep on manipulating humanity who will choose to remain dependent on the Magic they provide because The Empire/Technology brought about disaster (in the common mans eyes).

I would've ended the game with Noctis, Luna, and his son going on a trip similar to the one in the beginning. This would've had to call for another plot entirely that I have pieces of, but the of doing the coming of age story, and showing Noctis years later preparing his own child for his destiny, and how much he's grown as a man and king, is something I really want to do for some reason.

And like 12, 15 plays itself.

I'm glad you're not in charge.

I would've aborted you and sent Squeenix's stockholders to a firing squad.

More like "The game wasn't even close to being finished when the movie was made."

The movie was originally going to be the opening of the game but they cut it so they could make the movie.

Is this bait? I feel things that are this ignorant are bait.

Still doesn't make sense to have completely different face models for the movie and the game.

Yes it does. They use higher quality models for the movie than they do for the game because the game models need to be lower quality. The movie model is probably based on an earlier model of her or a concept design that they development team didn't go along with.

Yeah I know XIII is shit but there were people who defended it and SE could at least pretend they were expanding their fanbase and had something that was well loved. The bottom fell out of XV in less than a week.

Aranea is best girl.

They used actors faces for the movie, and the game faces were the original. I think they did change the dad's face in game to match the movie though.

What?

Altissia Secretary of State.

Doesn't she look more like Merkel?

Don't know. She have a little of both.

Is she a bitch? She looks like a bitch.

She's pretty reasonable, but have little to no relevance to the story. Only thing she does is negotiate with Noctis on summoning the Leviathan, after that she disappears.

This

This sounds a lot like XIII and its sequels to me.

Ifrit was the one who made the demons. The other five gods were on the humans side.

From what I could get, Shiva, Ramuh and Bahamut were on the humans side, while Titan and Leviathan were indiferent and just wanted to be left alone.

Honestly the devs who were working on Versus XIII did fuck all between 2006 to 2012 and only when replacements started happening on the dev team did those disorganized fuckheads start making an actual game from 2013 onward. There was only 3 years worth of actual dev time.

Ifrit is just the resident evil asshole god that would be dealt with eventually as would his pet demons, but the gods on the human side really didn't help matters at all, in fact they made them worse with their handling of Ardyn who did them a giant favor and then just fucked him over. Of course it's probable that Ardyn's brother's betrayal is more of the cause of why he became a rage-filled immortal asshole, but that prophecy from the gods really didn't help matters.

That's the point. The devs had 10 years to make it. Them replacing the entire team and forcing them to release what we got is them cutting their losses.

ENGLAND IS A FAG COUNTRY

We don't know what those 10 years were like though. I wouldn't be surprised if the assholes had a M.O. of continually cannibalizing the FF Versus XIII team for talent for bugfixes and various last-ditch emergency contributions for other borked shit thus dragging out the FF13 Versus production forever until they finally decided that the crew wasn't getting it done and doing so much good elsewhere that they'd just hand the project to a new crew. You don't get to be as bad as Squeenix without that special clusterfuck fail where projects get wrecked for reasons that had nothing to do with the project itself.

I think the majority of development time was also done under the whole retarded Lightning waifu phase where I could easily see other main FF projects mothballed hard just to preserve the spotlight on Lightning.

I will never understand this. 2B has ten times the charisma of Lightning, despite being a robot and disapproving of emotions.

It was Nomura trying to filibuster a bajillion entry franchise before the game was even out, holding development until Square gave in.

source?

come on

Point is 2B is waifu bait done right. Lightning is just shit.

The leaks.

Link?

I believe Nomura is partially to blame, dude was working in like 3 major projects at the same time.

Sure, but what about the fucking vidya, user?

Are we gonna pretend XIII has good gameplay?

see

Neither are objectively good games, both are wholly average.

Part of the problem with Ardyn was that by curing people he was taking more and more of the demonic taint within himself. Turning him into a monster. His brother betrayed him because at that point he was basically a demon himself. Which is why on their second try the gods gave the oracle the power to cure, not the super powerful king. They also made it so the oracle would die before they became to tainted. The gods did fuck up the first time though, but that was more their incompetence than malice.

It must be hard having such crippling brain damage.

Wtf are you talking about, Nier Automata isn't even out yet.

In the context of games as a whole, yeah I think 13 is average as in 5/10, not the AAA gaymes journo 7.5/10 "average".

The demo is, and it's pretty fucking average, fam.

What do you mean what happened?
You died.

Until they add some time travel bullshit in FFXV-2.

Cause majority of Japs have shit taste.

Well a game that's made with a ten year dev cycle in mind and doesn't go through any drastic changes could be great.
But this game has changed directors and such, and has history has shown, always leads to disaster

I don't even see how this went so badly, didn't the same team do Type Zero? That was a pretty fun and competently done game.

Has there ever been any game with a planned ten year dev cycle? I don't think anything that bloated would ever get green lit.

Holy shit, for someone not having played FF15, this sounds as retarded as the story of FF13.

FFXIII is a steaming piece of fucking shit, user. A polished turd is a perfect descriptor of it. I'd describe the second and third games as "wholly average" though.

Nah, FF13 had a worse story. I can buy "Gods not giving a shit", it's trying to be a shitty greek tragedy. While bad, it isn't retarded. NOTHING will beat FFXIII's "WE MUST REBEL BY DOING EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO! WE MUST SAVE SOCIETY BY COMPLETELY RUINING IT!"

13's lore is actually pretty good. It's a shame none of it is actually in the game and it focused on the most boring group of people in RPG history.
Seriously, Gods farming human souls for mass sacrifice is exactly what Alex Jones rambles about every day, but FF13 managed to make it boring.

That's what I mean when I said the team was being cannibalized for talent. When you have a major project and make the whole team keep pulling double and triple duty on projects with more immediate deadlines you are basically assuring it will make terrible progress.

GenShiva is pretty waifu material.

How were you niggers able to get through the final(?) base, goddamn this shit is boring.

As long as you're level matches the quest level, you shouldn't have any problems beating anything.

This just makes me want to watch my Freedom blu-ray box set again. Damnit Nissin Cup… went from product placement to anime production hah

I mean… I've been holding out for a sequel to the manga and movie for over 25 years, but I suppose I could look at Freedom like that. I wish Otomo got more work, but I'll take what I can get. Now I need to check if Roujin-Z is on blu-ray yet

Ever wonder if Square Enix will figure out the best way to step up the series? They keep taking it toward small, more reserved relationships between regular people with kinda nice powers when they could make a Final Fantasy all about gods themselves, rather than the people they just sort of look at.

Imagine a Final Fantasy in a similar manner to 15 where the summons of the game become the party, so to speak. Maybe balance things out by making the antagonist create their own god-killing beasts as the regular fodder, slowly growing more powerful as they figure out new and exciting ways to combat gods.

If they really went as far as making the summons actual playable characters and kept to a turn-based system with a focus on elemental interactions between the summons, you'd have something both simple and solid. Top it all off by making human characters into little more than side characters (that can either come off as whiny and unappreciative or just enough motivation to continue playing) and it'd truly be Fantasy, rather than a game about people.

Which ff should i play next

1 2 3 4 5 6 or 9

6. Your trips demand it.

I thought it was a good game. not great but one of the better triple a games this year. Plot was a classic, the story was shuffled but I thought it was a comfy ride.

DAILY REMINDER
SJWs hate this game.

So I should buy it to make someone upset?
You sound like a Star citizen shill.

After completing the main story and over 80 sidequests I can say comfortably that if you loved Dragon's Dogma, it's highly likely you will enjoy FFXV

it's the haircut

this, supporting something just because it pisses people off makes you hyper-autist. Even beyond anyone who blindly supports something just because it panders to them.

If I bought every vidya that the blue hairs hate I'd have to buy every vidya except gone home.

actually the emperor was one of the daemon boss battles after you found your party at the end of chapter 13. It was that super hard-hitting batlike fuck. It was vague, but it is true.

Romeo and Juliet. Yea Classic.

Would you buy RevWulution 69 and Depression Quest?

You should fucking kill yourself. They are in no way similar.

Which of the fags plays Juliet?

FF15 was this years MGS5
A game that is too ambitious for a Japanese development studio to handle and it ends up becoming a half finished mess with tons of obvious holes where something meaningful was supposed to be

At least Western studios can predict where their game holes will be and do a half decent job of filling them.

Unfinished Jap games are just a fucking mess

you clearly never played it. Your girlfriend plays Juliet you fucking mong.

Why would a fag have a girlfriend? Seriously, which one is Juliet?

This game is boring the shit out of me.
Can I just skip the side quests completely and finish the main quests?
Or will I need the experience and the cash?

I like he he excludes lesbians from enjoying Cindy.

Main game can be finished at mid-40s or so. If you're tired of it just use a guide to find all the Royal Arms (skip Costlemark) and then rush to the end.

He didn't say that. He only said it triggers SJWs. Which you gotta admit, it's pretty damn funny that a game as gay as FF15 has SJWs bitching.

…Wait wouldn't that freeze his dick inside one of them? Like the same principle regarding sticking your tongue on a frozen flagpole?

What price is this game actually worth?

What a surprise

Requesting this

death to all fujoshi

I'd borrow it instead of buying 3bh. Probably going to end up selling my copy while the prices are still high.

Yeah I'm still waiting on him to show those leaks too.

Wait…you actually had good expectation from Final Fantasy?

FF13 Versus concept was pretty interesting. They just completely squandered it on another soulless shit singleplayer mmo. I still wish they would make that FF13 Versus instead of this crap.

(I know subs are fugly - neofags can't help being fags - but at least it's subbed.)

I'm on chapter 8 right now, and all I want to say is that the story makes fuck all sense.
The only thing I partially enjoyed so far was the combat system, but even then, if I wanted an ARPG I would've went back and played bloodborne.

it was was suppose to be like that in Versus but in FFXV their "romance" is nothing but a joke, even some shitty eroges did it better.

The "Rival Mafias" concept was pretty cool and Noctis seem to have a personality in those trailers, but it was clearly as day that the project was dead when Tabata became the Director, the imbecil is a master at making games with a interesting setting unbelievably boring on both story and gameplay fronts.

type-0 was a decent game, for me at least
but i would agree letting him handle versus was a mistake