Sonic 06 PC now has a demo release. I think it needs improvement in the transition from walk to run...

Sonic 06 PC now has a demo release. I think it needs improvement in the transition from walk to run, but I like how the momentum is similar to Mario 64, as in you can stop without forward momentum.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B6AYaec07t2vOXRtZWhXV0FvVkU/view
mega.nz/#!hlBHSLrA!od4YmS3qs0kU916BgujyFOV-jbiWRv6CFK4Au0BbsBE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but why

The game has bit of a cult following. Sonic fans have many questionable tastes.

nice

although no joke '06 is actually pretty good, the music is still great, there's some good settings but the pacing and story of the game is ruined by the garbage fanfiction writing and the hub area being a fucking MESS. Let's not forget the loading times and framerate especially on the ps3 is pretty bad

are they enjoying it "ironically"?

The fan community argues that the game would be a good games if they had time to iron out the glitches. And the story. But they didn't mention the hub worlds. I guess if they cut out the awkward cartoon/human romance and edgy OC story it would be better.. It wouldn't be infamous shit, but it would be kinda disappointing compared to the last two Adventure games.

The only following I've seen are speedrunners who enjoy breaking it.

Some of them do, others genuinely like them because they practically grew up with the game and these characters. It's not because the game is any good, it's just emotional attachment.

It's actually pretty comparable to the last 2 adventure games. Problem is, you only have 3 playable characters.

I think sonic got popular because he was the character autists always wanted to be. Confident, always with that shit eating grin, always ready to give a witty retort.
But nerds is all they could've been.

You're talking about the Sonic X generation, hence the terrible taste. Every game character (except for some Nintendo IPs) had advertisement where they have that edgy shit eating grin. Back then Sonic was cocky as those old inkblot cartoons, not by 90's attitude like Bubsy.

That's the westernized Sonic though

Thats so much wasted effort. Why.

This is really cool, but I just can't help wonder why they're perfectly replicating the original instead of making it control less like ass. For example, just by watching this, you can still see the movement is sort of slow, awkward, and stiff.

That said I commend the guy for making it. It's pretty neat regardless.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B6AYaec07t2vOXRtZWhXV0FvVkU/view

Can anyone share the download? The original google drive link is flooded.

I'm absolutely amazed at the degree at which he was able to make a faithful reproduction, it even has the shit physics and tinted lighting.

All it's missing is the physics slowdown and shit performance.

Weaponized Autism.

mega.nz/#!hlBHSLrA!od4YmS3qs0kU916BgujyFOV-jbiWRv6CFK4Au0BbsBE

It looks… playable. I've gotten through sonic's story with a copy of 06 and I can say I'm interested to try the demo, and maybe the full release.

Some people actually like the way it controls with the stupidly sensitive movement. I dont know why they put in the effort to actually get used to the controls but they got used to it.

Thank you user.

Now compare to this.

Because the soundtrack is fucking outstanding and the game would at least be playable and fun with all the broken shit about it with the cheap death glitches ironed out.

This game had potential and it was wasted by corporate faggotry. Now the worst about the way it actually plays can finally be fixed.

The story is hilariously bad and I give no fucks. Make it play as smoothly and freely as SADX letting you blast off with spindash with no shitty load times and I'm all for it.

These are strange times.

Just played it.
I'm actually getting my hopes for this.

And it only took a decade.

sonic is a western character
he has a mohawk and skateboards and eats chili dogs
he's american as fuck

are you retarded or something? Other than the shitty cartoons Sonic is meant to be Japanese as fuck. it's just shitty localization keeping him down.

maybe video games can be saved

(checked)
>inb4 SEGA hires these guys to make this the official PC port of Sonic 06 instead of shitcanning it or pretending the game never happened

trashed

Would be nice, although I'd like them to speed sonic up a bit. He's too slow in this demo.

Loss?

Out of all the modern sonic games to port, they chose this one.

Why couldn't it be Shadow the Hedgehog or Unleashed. Fucking Christ. This is hilarious.
Fuck, I'd like some GameCube games to be ported.

yes

Sorry, didn't have it.

The game media will keep reminding Sega that they made it to make it impossible to forget about it. So they might as well fix it.

If you take in count the guys working on Sonic Mania used to make Sonic romhacks, I don't think it's that unlikely.

Not everyone is like Nintendo.

Sonic was deliberately designed to appeal to Americans first in the belief that, if Americans loved it, it would catch on in Japan. It was only half successful. Sonic has always been most popular abroad with relatively moderate popularity in Japan.

People saying the game is Sonic Adventure 3 triggers fans of the Sonic Adventure games, but they're not wrong. If it was finished, it could have been a worthy Sonic Adventure 3, it had all the elements and even tweaked some concepts to improve them. The problem is just that none of those concepts were finished. The game is so unfinished that they didn't even have time to dummy out the unfinished elements, like those Gems that Sonic can buy. The fact that it's unfinished is also probably why the Town Stages are so sparse compared to the Adventure Fields in Sonic Adventure. However, they improved the idea by giving side missions that the NPCs give out, giving you reason beyond pure story to talk to them. But then this was ruined by the god awful loading, requiring you to load like three times for a single side mission, including a load screen just to load a screen where the NPC asks if you want to accept the mission or not. And if you happen to fail, you have to repeat it all.

The Action Stages are a lot more tolerable, and even they have good ideas. Shadow being less agile but having better attacks than Sonic (like projectiles) makes sense. It was poorly executed since Shadow is also slow as fuck, but there was a good idea in there. The game tried to fix the fact that everyone complains about the different gameplay styles of the different characters by actually making them all simple tweaks on Sonic, like in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. But then 2/3rds of them aren't even close to finished, with 1/3 only getting one level and another 1/3 not even getting a whole level to play in. You could argue Silver's gameplay style is a bit too different from Sonic's, but it's closer than a lot of the alt characters in previous games, and if the game were actually finished, it's not farfetched to think that the physics would have been improved.

People talk shit about the story but honestly I don't think it's that bad. Yeah yeah, there are furry undertones, but that wouldn't check on your radar if you didn't know about furries and Sonic fans from the internet. Shadow's plot is a good epilogue to his story arc from the previous games, and Silver's is pretty standard for the series. Sonic's is the way it is specifically because "fans" were complaining about the stories being too complicated, claiming "Sonic never had a story," which is of course false, but Sega tried to play along and say "fine, you want a simple story with Eggman as the bad guy? We'll have Eggman kidnap a princess. Is that what you want?" So Sonic's story is just that, and the Mephiles stuff is contained in the other stories. Of course this backfired so after that they listened harder to the "fans" and now Sonic doesn't have a story anymore.

Also the music is great, as is standard for the series.

Basically, the game clearly could have been much better if it was finished, it is one of the clearest examples of unfinished potential in games. A lot of the problems could even be fixed by a fan literally just fixing glitches and dummying out unfinished elements. Fixing the loading alone would make the hub worlds and side missions a hell of a lot more playable. And if Sonic Team had actually gotten to finish it, they probably would have added a lot more to the hub worlds, better missions and such, and tweaked the specifics of the side-characters gameplay and physics to make them a bit better. Though I expect that much is outside the scope of this fan project. Of course once it is done it opens the door for more fan stuff based on it.

Sonic Adventure 2 only has three playable characters. Sonic, Knuckles, and Eggman are clearly the intended characters and Shadow, Rouge, and Tails are basically reskins. The only differences are some extra moves that the primary characters get and the secondary characters don't, but they don't even matter. Like Knuckles can get the ability to breathe underwater, but Rouge has no underwater sections anyway. Sonic can get a move to turn enemies into projectiles, but it's 100% useless and not helpful in any way.

'06 has Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, Omega, Amy, and Blaze, who are all actually different characters (though none of the gameplay styles are as different as Gamma/Eggman or Big). But they're also half finished characters who you barely get to play as. I'd have to assume that if the game was finished they would have given you more chances to play as them, or else they just wouldn't have put them in the game in the first place.

Because you recreate it first and then you and the rest of the community can tweak it to how you see fit. Sonic autists are the most productive autists.

Sonic only had a mohawk in the "localized" versions. Same with chili dogs. Until shit "Modern Sonic" had American writers who never even liked the series just to base references for casuals instead of writing actual stories.

And I don't think he ever skateboarded. There are the hoverboards in Riders but it's not like that's Tony Hawk or anything, it's a racing game.

Modern Sonic is Unleashed and later. That's when the gameplay style changed to that boost mechanic stuff, with level designs to accommodate it. Even Lost World calls it Run but it's the same shit.

But the reason why this game above others is because this game had the most unrealized potential, largely due to being one of the most unfinished games ever. Shadow is a lot closer to being finished, so there is less that just screams the need for improvement.

If that were the case, Sega of America's localization department wouldn't have altered the original Japanese material so much. Sega of Japan would have just made the localized version in the first place.

There's no saving anything mechanically and stage wise about Shadow the Hedgehog.

YOU'RE A MADMAN

Shadow is pretty much the best part of Sonic Adventure 2 with projectiles and worse level design. The mechanics are fine in theory and could be improved ('06 did this in a way by giving him Chaos Blasts instead of guns), and the stages could of course be improved, as they could in any game, unless you're going to claim that they are already perfect.

No, I'm saying the stages are a fucking unholy hybrid of platforming and a third person shooter warzone to try and accommodate standard Sonic gameplay, which you can tell just from the obligatory loops that no architect would ever think of, as well as performing tasks like painfully bringing things to a halt for literally scavenging hunting enemies to kill that also block proceeding later on or performing other disappointing tasks.

Also Chaos Control is already basically perfect, but only good for the neutral story route while Chaos Blast is just a fancy room clearing ability, both taking forever to fill up for basically nothing special that isn't temporaily unlimited ammo otherwise.

The gameplay is just fucking boring. You'd have to personally take the entire stages apart bit by and bit and painfully test every edit over and over again just to try and fix it (Shadow can smoothly speed through a section of platforming while occasionally gunning down Black Arms or GUN without breaking momentum). Basically a complete downgrade from an already lackluster game like Sonic Heroes on top of being a game that was way too ambitious and tried to do way too much.

Rouge doesn't have much water, but there is some which she can drown in in her first level (that oasis with the giant turtles)

I found it useful in expediently killing the GUN robots that had shields and some of the slime enemies from the last levels. It usually didn't matter, but helped out a little with the hard versions of the levels and the time trial missions.

You guys are putting far more thought into this game than it deserves

Both were created separately to appeal to their target market. everything about Sonic's early days was carefully calculated decision to put pressure on a competitor. These dual continuities would later hurt the brand as autistic fans went to the internet and found out about conflicting storylines in English and Japanese manuals. hear arguments about what planet Sonic lives on for years and thay are probably still people who insist Sonic lives on the planet Mobius.
which is gone for good after that last reboot in the Archie comics.

So basically you're saying you think the level designs are shit. Which is exactly why I'm saying they could be improved. It's ridiculous to say they couldn't be saved.

I also think you're overreacting big time. Things like killing enough enemies or finding some other targets are frequently said to be distracting since people seem to want linear levels, but what those people don't get is that the point is basically to find the right route through a stage to do those things as quickly as possible, and when you do, you do end up going quite linearly. There might be some intersections, but everything loops around. If you're actually backtracking and painstakingly hunting, you just suck at the game. It's not like the things you're looking for are particularly hidden. They're usually glowing bright green or some shit.

Still a very mediocre game, but you're overreacting big time. I'd also say it's not even that it's a downgrade from Heroes. It's just that Heroes and Shadow are both different kinds of downgrades from Sonic Adventure 2.

I've literally 100%ed the game multiple times without ever using the move. Since you have to stop and select it from your list of actions, it slows you down so I figured it's faster not to. Plus, it wasn't until Heroes that enemies take multiple hits, so it's not like just jumping into them is a problem.

Ken Penders' smash hit classic The Lost Ones (TM) is a continuation of his own run on the comics, so Mobius lives on in the mind and unpublishable works of at least one professional autist.

It's a shame cause shadow the hedgehog is fine if it's neutral only.

SEGA could have ported Bayonetta or Vanquish but instead we get Sonic 06

furries should be gassed

This isn't official

This is a fan port.

Well that just makes even less sense

This is a fan conversion in Unity, not an official port by Sega themselves. Not that you're wrong about furries needing to get sent to the gas chambers.

Sonic autists know their reputation, and thus fuel their autism toward being the most productive autists out there, in a perhaps futile attempt to salvage their reputation.

Really dude?
See

Here's my review
Give it a try, Holla Forums. It's worth a playthrough.

I mean they have the skills to make a full fledged game but instead they remake… ah fuck I'm not gonna question autism.

Dude if you want aids and cancer you know you can just go to tumbler right?

Surprisingly I can run it even on my potato.

But can somebody help me fix the retarded camera?

You mean how it defaults to going right and circles on its own?

Yeah. Can't even get past the first area.

I'm using a DS4 with a 360 application to make the game read it, I fixed it by disabling the right analog stick entirely.
I think that's just a bug they might have missed because they might not have tested all controllers, what do you use?

no chao no buy

Straight 360 controller. Used my keyboard and my mouse to test if my controller was defunct. Nope, turns out it's the demo.

All the 3D sonic games look like such trash to me. It seems like there's no real decision making or skill involved, it's just run forward > hit bumpers > collect a perfectly straight line of rings > auto attack enemy > repeat.

Go play Sonic Adventure 2. That's probably the one with the best level design. It's not about hitting bumpers and stuff (although the very beginning of the first level in Sonic Adventure 1 has some, there really aren't many in the rest of the series).

Also, you don't auto attack enemies, unless you're talking about how when you Boost you can just run through enemies. But then Boost Sonic is a whole different beast than Adventure-style Sonic.

Someone already ported the levels from Unleashed into Generations, fuck the werehog stuff.

Been there, done that. All I can remember doing in that game was raising Chaos.

That was actually kinda fun

No joke, if 06 weren't rushed to all absolute shit it would've been a goodass game. There's the germ of a proper Adventure 3 there.

Some tweaking, level design changes, restoration of buggy/unused content (like that shoe-gem that lets you go Super and so on) and it'd actually be a damn good game even in its current state. High hopes for the project.

surely you mean proper Shadow 2

You're a funny guy.

It's not about using guns and having moral choices affect which levels you go to, it's about straightforward levels connected by hub worlds where you play as three different characters. It's pretty similar to Adventure 1 in particular.

skateboard in generations
snowboard in 3 and adventure

the original plan for sonic 06 was to make a game about Shadow's future. Elise was originally a hedgehog love interest for him.
and you are correct about the guns. I have heard they were taken off the table from the getgo

The only good part of it is Shadow's story, and even that inherits issues inherent to the whole story. Sonic's being simple isn't the problem. It's that the princess gets kidnapped over and over again within the same story. It's like if you rescued Peach at the end of each world in a Mario game, only for her to get kidnapped immediately after. The romance subplot, which is really the only plot in Sonic's story, is bad, even without the furry undertones. Silver's story consists of every single character being a giant dumbass. Blaze's inclusion is pretty much pointless, which is made even worse considering it entirely contradicts her introduction in Rush. And, on top of the issues specific to the individual stories, the overall story is filled with plot holes and terribly written time travel.

The story is just shit in general, and it's not shit in a way that could have been simply fixed with more time.

Snowboarding and skateboarding is pretty different. Especially in video games, where skateboarding is about doing tricks and snowboarding is about racing downhill.

Source? The story continuing Shadow's arc, which was pretty much all the games since Adventure 2, makes enough sense. But then of course Adventure 2 was also about Shadow, which would make this game just as connected to Adventure 2 as to Shadow. And I've never heard anything about the game in general being Shadow 2 or Elise ever being intended as a love interest for Shadow. Since before the game was even released I always saw it pretty clear cut as an example of Sega trying to cater to fans and give them a "simple" story of Sonic fighting Eggman, so simple that Eggman just kidnaps a princess. That's certainly how everyone talked about it at the time.

This is what happens in the very first Mario game.

Sonic's story is simply forgettable. It's a throwaway plot. Silver's is pretty standard for the series, with the general dumbassery being the same types of mistakes everyone in the series makes (mistaking everyone for Sonic, getting very easily tricked by bad guys, etc). The time travel problems people complain about aren't the type of thing you'd notice unless you look really hard, and even then it's the type of thing a lot of time travel stories run into.

Shadow's story is pretty cool. The rest aren't great but I also wouldn't say they're anything to complain about. There's plenty to complain about with this game, but I think people frequently pick on the wrong things, and it lessens the impact of the more legitimate complaints.

But I still don't understand Blaze's story, I'll give you that much. I don't know if Rush just isn't canon or what. Maybe if I played Rivals that would explain it, or just make it worse, since Eggman Nega is in that. And also he's from Silver's (new) future? Whatever, Blaze is the biggest mary sue since Princess Sally and I didn't like her in the first place.

Not really. You get to Pauline, but you never actually rescue her. DK always takes her beforehand. You're also talking about an early arcade game that's extremely light on story versus a 360/ps3 game that puts a huge emphasis on its story.

Which is why the entire final story hinges on it, right?

Those mistakes make sense, though, and it's generally one mistake per game. The news and G.U.N. mistake Shadow for Sonic because Shadow is actually supposed to look like Sonic, even if the character design hardly reflects that. Even Shadow mentions they look alike. And Knuckles was gullible because he had been living alone, isolated from civilization for his entire life. Silver, on the other hand, had no good reason to be such an idiot, Blaze even less so, and he continues to be an idiot right until Shadow kicks him in the head.

Except they aren't. A common, immediate reaction to Sonic and co. going "we have to get back to the past in time to save Elise" is "YOU'RE FUCKING TIME TRAVELING. THERE IS NO RUSH." The time travel problems are bad because they're immediately noticeable to anyone with more intelligence than your average middle-schooler.

That doesn't excuse it. The fact that they're mistakes many stories have done before should have made them something easily avoided.

Rush and Rush Adventure are the canon. Rivals and Rivals 2 have nothing to do with Blaze, only Silver and Nega. You can pretty much consider nothing in '06 as canon.

I don't think you understand what a Mary Sue is.

Yeah but I'm arguing that that's what the retards in charge were trying to do. They heard people saying Sonic didn't have a story, and how Mario gets along just fine without a story, so they looked at Mario and copied its story in a very clear cut way. The first Mario in particular.

But also they were autistic and still wanted to do their story that they had actually written, so they confined the half-hearted Mario shit in Sonic's story alone and gave the bulk of the autism to the other two.

Sonic's story alone is meant to be very simple, so you could play it and ignore the story. Of course that's only Sonic's story. The other two characters and the Final story are autistic as fuck. Sonic's story being as it was was their concession to "fans" crying that Sonic never did and shouldn't have a story.

Mephiles is supposed to look like Shadow and Shadow is supposed to look like Sonic. Close enough. Amy also mistakes everyone for Sonic, and Tails tells Eggman he has a fake emerald, which allows Eggman to kill Sonic (who is then saved by deus ex machina).

The point is, I'm willing to buy this type of shit in a Sonic game. It's just canon that to people in this universe, all hedgehogs look alike. Also people are extremely gullible.

Who do you think the target audience is?

Blaze and Nega are both very connected to Blaze though, which is why it is relevant.

So Blaze is like the alternate Sonic from an alternate dimension. That's a neat concept. I buy that. Also she's the guardian of her dimension's emeralds, so she's also the alternate Knuckles. Also she has fire powers. Also she's a princess. It's a bit much, even for this series. She may not literally be an author avatar, but come on. She's just Sonic with all this extra shit piled on top to make her even "better."

Where the hell are all these new Sonic fans coming from? Defending this irredeemable shit.

This game was a fucking nightmare of bad game design there was no saving it.

Have you played the damn demo? Its good

Sonic fans actually think Sonic Adventure 2 was good.

The game itself wasn't badly designed, it was just poorly done. Having lots of bugs and control issues are different from being badly designed. Learn the difference.

Don't forget the autism, she spends almost all of Rush and Rush Adventure sperging the fuck out.

I'm arguing that Sonic's story isn't simple and throwaway, though. It makes a big deal of Elise's growing relationship with Sonic. Eggman kidnapping her is just the setup for that. This is the entire reason killing Sonic made her cry in the first place.

Silver's (and Blaze's) stupidity doesn't come from mistaking any hedgehogs, though. It comes from immediately, whole-heartedly trusting the mouthless fucker with time travel powers they just met who says he has a permanent solution to the problem they thought impossible to solve, no questions asked, even when they see things in the past that should cast suspicion on him. This could be excusable for Silver, but Blaze, who's supposed to be the more mature mentor character for Silver, is just as stupid as him.

I'm assuming you meant Silver for that first one, and they aren't. Silver was only connected to Blaze in '06, which retconned itself out of existance. While Nega was originally from Blaze's dimension in Rush, he was retconned in Rivals to be Eggman's descendant from the far future. Both he and Silver were retconned into having nothing at all to do with Blaze, despite Silver and Blaze still being paired up sometimes.

She's not really alternate Sonic, though. She has fire powers much like Sonic has speed powers, Knuckles is real strong and can glide, and Silver has telekinesis. She's not overpowered compared to the other characters. The fact that she's a princess is as relevant to the games as the fact she's self-conscious about her chest size. And, unlike most of the cast, she has actual character flaws in that she has trouble trusting others and is very introverted.

No, I made sure to get rid of my copy to make sure I wouldn't put myself through that ordeal again. I regret not destroying it since the place I sold it to went under.

I was an idiot who paid full price for that shit thinking it couldn't get any worse after Shadow The Hedgehog and was naive enough to think they would learn.

That's because it was but suffers from a serious case of Seinfeld Is Unfunny.

Awful HUB world that required finding specific NPC's to move access the next area assuming you could find it, Forced running sections which don't allow you to stop [The train was a nightmare], 3 acts stages taking over 20 minutes to complete with loading screens between them with no save points.

Thats all I can dig up from memory at the moment.

Sonic Adventure 2 is legitimately my favorite game. Maybe tied with Crash Warped or CTR. Or any of the three Spyro games.

People don't get that Sonic Adventure 2 isn't about the story mode, it's about getting high scores and unlocking shit in Extra Mode. The story is pretty much just a tutorial. The real game is learning all the secrets and then how to get the best routes through levels, and when you do, you get a great sense of flow, assuming you have the reaction times to earn it. Which is what Classic Sonic did well in the first place. People say Knuckles/Rouge and Eggman/Tails are slow, but when you're good at the game and playing properly, this sense of speed and flow still applies to them as well, though I'm not about to say they're as fun as Sonic and Shadow.

But the actual plot of it is simple. And that's what they're going for. However misguided it may have been.

Knuckles gets tricked like this by Eggman on at least three separate occasions. And Blaze is an alternate universe Knuckles. Or now she's from the future? I've already admitted her part in the game makes no sense.

Naw, I'm saying you have to pick apart a story that isn't meant to be picked apart. You might as well bitch about the time travel in Austin Powers.

It still happened on some level though. It was a possible future and now an alternate timeline. 06 Silver still appears in Generations when time fuckery is going on. So this still raises the question of how the hell Blaze ended up in that future if she's from another dimension. Or was she from the future originally and this is a prequel for her? I doubt this has ever been addressed.

They all have shit like this (except maybe Sonic himself), it just depends on how much each game wants to focus on story, and on any given character. Sonic Adventure goes to lengths to give characters like Tails and Amy flaws that they face in their own stories, and have them grow and overcome them (Tails' song being about believing in himself is on purpose, his whole arc is learning to not think of himself as just a sidekick). Shadow should be an obvious example, but people don't seem to see that both Adventure 2 and his own solo game aren't just about him being edgy, but about him learning that that is a character flaw and overcoming it. Knuckles is very overconfident which leads to him also being very gullible.

The hub worlds would have been fine if they were more populated and lively, as in Adventure, and if the load times didn't make having any meaningful interactions with the NPCs unbearable.

The forced running sections then became the whole premise of Modern Sonic following this game's failure. I don't like it either but it's the one part from this game that they kept, albeit much improved.

If the average level in '06 took you over 20 minutes you just suck. And the loading screens were clearly something that would have been improved if the game were finished. I don't think they intended to have loading screens between lines of text while talking to NPCs.

I mentioned those were the 3 part levels with no saving and the Desert level with Silver.
Yes but I'm baffled how anyone thought that these sections that change the regular gameplay thought this was a good idea.
If they were more populated they would get in the way and be a nightmare for trying the find that one NPC to push the plot forward especially with those 4 minute load times to just get one line of dialouge before reloading everything all over again.

Well obviously the load times would have to be one of the first things to be fixed. No way they would have released it like that given the time. IMO it's the main thing that ruins the game, and it bothers me that people pick on other shit instead. No glitch in the game is as terrible as those load times.

I also think the hub worlds in Adventure were enjoyable. And the hub worlds in Unleashed, which also had extra missions and shit. If they had the detailed stories from adventure with the missions from Unleashed, it would have been great. And that's clearly what they were going for. But they didn't even get close to accomplishing it.

While Sonic was a bit slower, the demo made me smile.

Do you think it'd be possible to put the day & night cycle back in?

It doesn't have the final level though because it has both Day/Night segments and that's impossible to transfer over.

same here tbqh familia

You ok there user?

Actually, it isn't. Just make adjustments to allow Sonic to get through those parts.

I still want the werehog stages back. They were FUN

They were fucking shit and the music was the only remotely redeemable part.

if you care about user so much why don't you suck his dick

That's fucking stupid though. This game is completely irredeemable.
Why spend a SHIT load of time and effort porting one of the most infamously poor games ever made.

It is. And I have no emotional attachment at all as I only played it last year.

Well, (1), the demo shows the contrary. It's basically all the good things from SA1 and 2 and heroes together.

Reminder that 06 is 10 years old now. Someone who is now pushing 23 was 12 when it came out. Imagine how many more little shits are going to get nostalgic over the 2007-2016 period.

You mean the Xbox Demo or this one?
This still doesn't look good. It looks like the "best" part of a fuckign atrocious game.

The only part of this game that's truly irredeemable is the story. Fix the retarded load times, physics including making jumping feel lighter like the first Sonic Adventure and worst cheap death glitches and it isn't complete shit.

You would have to remake almost every single level for it to be even decent.

Flame Core and Kingdom Valley are both solid stages. The only reason they seem so bad is because the game is so fucking broken and unfinished that it doesn't play properly.

Wait, WHAT?

What happened to Sally, frenchman furry, walrus lad and Bunnie "I half robot guise" Robot?

They still exist. The comic went through a soft reboot that removed every character that wasn't either owned by SEGA itself or created by a current writer. You can thank Ken Penders for that.

Okay, what did that autistic retard do now? Lemme guess, he went full autism over MUH ENCHILLADA OCS?

I don't know how you haven't heard about this, since this was years ago, but Ken tried to copywrite the characters he created for the comic, prompting Archie to sue him. Through a combination of Archie's original legal team being terribly incompetent, Ken lying about shit, and SEGA pressuring Archie to get the lawsuit business over with or lose their license for Sonic, they ended up making a settlement with Penders. I don't think the exact details of the settlement are known, but we know Ken has full use of those characters as he's using them in his Lara-Su Chronicles, and Archie is both not using his characters nor those by any other past author for the book. Because many of those characters were so integral to the world of the comic at the time, they just did a reboot that removed those characters and made the world closer to the games.

Sonic did a DC style Crisis and now they don't call the planet Mobius anymore and pretty much SatAM and AoStH are canon-ish, along with elements from the comics that don't involve too many comic OCs (like Bunnie and Antoine being together), except everything is tweaked so that it could take place in the games' world. Flynn had been trying to put makeup on a pig when he was trying to redeem the characters created by Penders and others, and though sometimes he did surprisingly good jobs, they were still ultimately awful characters that just dragged the comic down. It's much better off now.

Don't forget that Penders is so autistic that he insists on not just using the same old Knuckles-recolor designs, but on continuing to use Knuckles himself, but just not referring to him as that (even though canon-wise it is). Not only would this instantly force Sega to kick his shit in the instant his work is published (which is, luckily for him, never), but Penders is has the Chris Chan type of autism where he claims he owns Shard because he wrote the Sonic CD issue that introduced Metal Sonic (who later got turned into Shard), or he owns Scourge because he wrote that god-awful issue where the Freedom Fighters go to Earth-Three or whatever he called it and fought the Crime Syndicate, and Flynn later had the Antimatter Sonic transform into Scourge. So even under Penders' own logic, the shit he's trying to pull with Knuckles shouldn't work. Of course that's all moot because no court is going to be autistic enough to even hear his defense once they see his characters that are all clearly just recolored Red Sonics.

He's using the same characters because he thinks people will actually buy his stuff if he uses them. He tried doing other things for years before he started grabbing for his characters, but none of them were successful. He went back to Sonic because writing for the book was the only time in his life he was ever successful. So he thinks fans of the book will buy his stuff if it's related to his work with the comic. Remember, this is the guy who believes he made Knuckles popular.

That's a nice owl.

WHO HAA, YAH HAA, YAA HOO, HAA

Aren't there currently like four or five Sonic fangames/remakes going on?

Indie devs sure do seem to love the Sonic franchise.

It's Sonic autists, not indie devs. Sonic has a fairly large romhacking and fangame developing community. Remember, there's a fangame on the doom engine of all things that's been in development for over a decade. Someone in the community made such a good engine for Sonic games that SEGA bought it and hired the guy, and he's now helping make a new Sonic game with it.

Fix your fucking webm. It's lagging so hard.

That's what happens when I record 3000bit then webm at 800bit without sacrificing image quality I guess.
Just going to shill my youtube for a 720p 60FPS run that also unlike in the webm gets the S rank.

Any lag here is youtube compression's fault and not mine.

Neat. Looks like there's plenty of room to fix everything wrong with the original without getting rid of the funniest glitches.

Never forget the weaponized autism sonic fans have.

There are actually many, many more. It's just usually the 3D ones that get more publicity. There are plenty of 2D ones that are frequently said to be better than the Genesis games. Not to mention ones that are "just" edits, but make the games objectively better. Like the game that combines Sonic 1 and 2 into one game where you can not only play as Tails and Knuckles across both games, but also all the Chaotix, and you can switch characters on the fly since they work as a team like in Heroes.

Meanwhile, the closest thing to this that is official are the HD remakes of Sonic 1, 2, and CD, and they're great, with tons of additional content, but CD is the only one that is released on anything other than a phone.

My personal favorite is Project AXSX, a guy recreating the failed Sonic Saturn game Sonic X-Treme, largely by manually recreating textures, models, and levels based on things like magazine screenshots, or in my favorite example, a screen showing a demo of the game in the background of mid-'90s Canadian kids' show The Anti-Gravity Room, when they went to visit E3 and were talking to someone not about Sonic, but about Mario 64. Though since then I think he's also managed to get a hold of actual files from the game from former devs and such. He seems very close to getting a playable game going, and there have been simple demos up for years showing that it works.

Actually pretty close to two decades now. It's from the '90s. And it's a sequel to an earlier Sonic fangame.