Wizards and shit

I'm in the mood for some sorcery, name some games that let me play as a great and powerful magician. Bonus points for the inclusion of wizard robes and hats - it's important to look the part.

Also, what are some games that feature a magic system that goes beyond just "choose spell, left click, repeat"? I know of Magicka and Arx Fatalis, but are there any others of note out there?

Come back when you are 30, then we will talk.

play a caster in league of legends (LOL)!!!!11

Soon.

Age of Wonders because global spells are WHACK!

Very subtle OP.

The filename says it all.

Noice

horse game should be right up your alley

This board ain't big enough for 2 trixfags OP. Put em up!

Also yes You should try Age of Wonders.

Did you just quote me?

Ye, I'm agreeing that OP should try AoW.

Something felt horribly wrong with the gameplay of this little unfinished video game, Holla Forums.

Could you fine critics points out why is that?

Motherfucker, if I wanted you to quote me I'd have said so.
Don't quote me or my posts ever again.

Don't worry, right now I'm sorry I did.

Yeah, walk away.

Grimlock has a okay magic system, but is not very Wizardy nor Wizradical.

Basically you need to click runes, so your "spell casting speed" is basically how fast you can do so, and if you, the Player, know advanced spells beforehand you can use them before you are meant to "discover" them.

I wish more games had that kind of casting to be honest, i love the idea that you have to go out of your way to cast magic.

Fuck meant "Legend of Grimrock", not "Grimlock"

I find those things really appealing

I wish Lichdom: Battlemage had been better. I didn't hate it, but it just got painfully repetitive, and the way spells worked meant you ended up forced to use what was most effective, not what was most fun.

It's a shame the devs decided to make a Battle Royale rip-off for their next game, as opposed to a sequel to Lichdom - the concept had a lot of potential.

Thaumcraft for minecraft.

I'm not even fucking joking. by the midgame you'll have a fucking sky tower encrusted with crystals filled with books and workstations supplied by tiny golems that sort chests for you while you pull magic out of the air and sort elements into bottles. I'm not even exaggerating.

it always sounds cooler than it actually is

Thaumcraft's main draw is that you can makecool magical gear and bases, and it mostlyholds up, but researching said stuff can be a bit of a pain behind a puzzle that changes often.

But that setup?Yeah, it's actually almost optimal for the research game in the version I played.

ars magica was always the better mod. Thaumcraft got caught up in their "Muh warp" shittery and took a real shit dive. Personally, I'd recommend Chromaticraft. You do magic with lights and learn to paint with the colors of the rainbow. Only downside is there's no fucking wiki for any of this shit so GOOD FUCKING LUCK.

I've heard Two Worlds Two has a good magic system. It's on my backlog but I haven't played it yet.

I'd heard Two Worlds was something of a dumpster fire, so I avoided it and the sequel. Has anyone here actually tried it?

Alright.

Fuck this.

How do I pirate this shit?

The same way you pirate anything else, faggot.

Has there ever been an MMO with a magic system that wasn't just the exact same combat skill system every other class uses?

It takes literally 5 seconds of googling to find out.

The original sucked ass. You could walk up to the final boss ~3 minutes into the game, get him to aggro npcs, watch him die and then read the credits

Oh, pic related

nigga you fucking wot

Dwarf Fortress features magic now?

That's actually kinda awesome.

Necromancy

Seconding wizardry, especially if you like the way wizards work in /tg/, where their real power is in debuffing the shit out of enemies and/or taking down mobs of weak shit with aoe.

Get out of here faggots Im the only trixiefag on this board

Also really shit excuse to shitpost op

I just want to talk about videogames, is that so bad?

',:^)

Insta trash and garbo

You know, if you removed the glittery pink horse candy coating the MLP universe would be pretty neat.
Seriously, I'd play a non-mlp mlp game if the gameplay and visual aesthetic were good enough.

you don't belong here

Yeah, my taste is objectively better than of morons who use Holla Forums's recommended pics unironically so I guess I don't.
But what are you gonna do about it?

Runescape

Ultima Online
corp por

Only a great and powerful wizard can have a great and powerful waifu as great and powerful as the great and powerful Trixie

It's makes a funny speed run, that's for sure

Let's just be honest here, if it wasn't horses and was more-so cute animu grills with horse ears/tails/ect., then it's be quite loved already.

And it would let us figure out which of them is best girl already.

I'd say the rabid fanbase shows it's loved enough already. Don't kid yourself. Also nightmare is best girl by virtue of not only being a corrupted goddess, which is already pretty cool, but for not staying around enough to become shit.

We already know who best girl is.
sage because /pone/shit.

two worlds 2 is fine,even better on pc with the few mods it has to fix the game,don't use the difficulty mod. The magic is pretty nice and the game itself has enough content to kind of be interesting. Worth a play. The final boss is shit tier tho

What about Magical Girl games?

GOOD ones.

Photoshop it on, fam

I rented it once a long time ago and had to return it, because the resolution was too high for my shitty TV and I couldn't fucking read anything.

Speaking of Dominions, is Conquest of Elysium worth bothering with?