Comfy Games General

Post cozy games you can play at your own pace or that has great atmosphere.

Recently found some hidden gems:

Produce goods, transport goods, sell goods.

Is this a TTD-like autism simulator?

And:

Hanseatic trading and shit.

VA-11 HALL-A

Not really. Trains is just one way to transport your wares. There's also trucks, ships, and planes.

Unlike TTD?

I fucking love this game, why the hell did it got such low scores back in the day (a 2.6/10 from IGN) is beyond me, probably same reason why God Hand got so much undeserved hate. Super comfy and relaxing.

This game was the shit, and I can't think of a single part of it that's not comfy.
Too bad LBA3 is never ever.

Snuggled up in bed with a sinus infection playing through Arcane Dimensions for Quake, all the maps are huge and incredibly detailed, each one is taking me 40-80 minutes to clear depending on size since I tend to hunt around for secrets. The amount of work that has gone into these maps is jaw-dropping, if you like Quake, FPS, or just really nice handcrafted, low-poly environments you really need to have a look at it. As far as I'm concerned this is the pinnacle of FPS map design, every map is huge, visually stunning and plays brilliantly.

Oh, I also want to mention King of Dragon Pass, it's great.

WEW LAD

Coming through with comfy survival games

I want to love this game but I'm just too shit at it. Never know what the fuck I'm doing.

Obligatory.

the entirety of this game tbh.

Viva Piñata

Smack that bitch with the shovel for me

Ah-ah-ah! >:(

All three are, my man.

Settlers 2 is comfy as FUCK
Also Zoo Tycoon 2 is great if you just want to sit down and watch the environment.

I guess I'm autistic, because this game makes the hours feel like minutes for me. Forgot how cozy snowed-in Banished was too, still haven't played with Colonial Charters yet.

I wish the Cities XL series wasn't such a flaming pile of dogshit because it's as close to SC4 I can think of, but it suffers from being a flaming pile of dog shit, and S:C looks like complete garbage. Is it too much to ask for realistic looking cities?

I mean, ffs, all we want is shit like this in true 3d

I'd say we're almost there. If people would actually go back to area-of-effect and purely math-based simulation instead of agent-based, I'd actually say we could do that fairly well. It would help if we had talented artists too.

That pic looks comfy as a mofo.

Played anno 1404, very repetitive and no building variety.

That looks fuggin great. Should I play Industry giant 1 or 2?

Bump

I want nothing more than a cyberpunk citybuilder.

I guess i'll ask here, i need you anons to hit me with the best and comfiest autism simulator that you have and will run on a 2009 toaster. I would prefer something were you can see your city or whatever in constant motion.

A-Train 9 v4 or A-Train 3D pc version when it gets localized this year.

Whats the difference between v3 and v4?

I guess VA-11 HALL-A is supposed to be pretty comfy if you like visual novels that occasionally ask you to mix drinks for waifus.

more choo-choos, more landmarks/buildings and more scenarios.

Im downloading that shit right now, i hope it runs on my shitty pc. Btw i love those japanese urban landscapes, i have always been a big fan of japanese architecture.

It should work on a toaster, it runs at max settings on my PC and my graphics card is from 2011. Just to give you a heads up tho; the game has a steep learning curve especially since the companion book the game is sold with in japan almost never gets localized.

If you end up liking it but are still confused as fuck, wait for A-Train 3D PC ver. It's an enhanced port of the 3DS game, and it actually includes an extremely thorough tutorial. Also has a dank ass OST and a waifu

Nah game pretty much sucks.

Matthew pls go

It's a pretty good games but it's not perfect. My tip is to play the campaign to keep it interesting, otherwise it might get repetitive very fast.

Stronghold Crusaders.

In every sale that game goes for -75%, it's a perfect gift.

Get Port Royale if you like Patrician. The latest games by Kalypso have some improvements over the older games.

Just like TTD.

Forgive my ignorance.

Oh yeah? Port Royale 3, then?

On that note, know of any other games where you're a merchant? The closest thing I've played is Mount & Blade in which peddling is only fun for so long before you run out of things to do, give up and wage war instead. Pic semi-related.

Port Royale 3 is an excellent trade simulator. The ship combat is really shitty though. PR1 has the best combat, but lacks some of the trade gameplay improvements that PR3 has.

Kalypso also has Rise of Venice, which is basically Patrician and Port Royale set in The Mediterranean. Has a bit more politics.

The Guild 2 is a merchant simulator. Havent played it, but some anons recommend it. Steam reviews say it has a ton of bugs.

East India Company is a trading game

X-3 albion prelude is a trading game in space. You can build your own fleet of ships.

Cool, thanks!

The Guild 2 is comfy as fuck.
It's most fun to play as a rogue and found a criminal empire.

Lethis - Path of Progress. Very comfy city building game. It's like Caesar and Pharoah. It's pretty easy once you've figured it out.

Apart from Anno 1404 , are there any other games with high graphics?

Newer Settlers games, Anno whichever is the one set in the future.

It's god damn buggy as hell. Just keep your business small. Large businesses make my head spin and the AI can't really be trusted except for alchemist' or inventor's shop.

Going to try that out.

Underrated post

only thing that disapointed me about that game, the campaign is basically "here's a new map, do everything again.

Wish there was zeus and posiedon campaigns where you build up a city over time. Also wished that there was voices for the city walkers and locations.

OpenTTD

There is 2, though are we shunning 2205. Which if that's the case, I will agree its a Good game, but not really an Anno game.

Also good way to remember anno games is that they always add up to 9.

They polished up a fan patch and added it to Steam, I think. It's supposed to fix a buttload of bugs.

well shit, never realized that

*Danzig

The Long Dark is a weird mix of comfy and stressful, but one I've been (kinda) enjoying.

Driving few tons of some stupid shit from Bratislava to Paris, listening to your favorite radio station. Comfy as fuck.

Nice try, Hans.

Looks like Los Angeles.

I picked VA-11 HALL-A up during the big winter sale, and I just started playing it the other night. Cold outside, hot cider, playing in the dark, and late night so it's nothing but peace. I was strapped in for comfy.

I expected a bartending/puzzle/memory game with fun dialogue, similar to HuniePop. Instead, I got a cringy cuckchan fanservice VN with a bartending minigame. The atmosphere, style, and music are top notch, but holy shit the dialogue and story arc is Gone Home-tier garbage because

So now I'm just playing through Elite: Dangerous which is basically just Euro Truck in space. Except I don't feel comfy, just bored and unstimulated.

It barely feels like a minigame, it's more like a small pause between dialogue.

I also wasted my Christmas cash on this too. I'm just glad I didn't fall for the Brigador meme with it.

Wish driving were that comfy, but it never is

tell me about it

Make way for the king

This game would crush the likes of Holla Forums.

Why? It's intro level

Does anybody remember the game where you over-see a village? Basically it was Banished but from the 90s. The only real detail I remember of it from my childhood is at night the men would go into their homes and fuck their wives, the only way you could tell they were fucking was when the wives would say "Naughty" in a heavy British accent, sometimes multiple times throughout the night. From what I recall it had a very hands-on approach to management, similar to dwarf fortress or Black and White, in which you'd have to assign your peasants into a job (Builder, Farmer, Warrior I.E.)

Also
cmon, gang, those were maximum comfy.

Theme Park World, why did you have to stop working on every machine I own?

Beasts and Bumpkins, dem sexy wives

You should be ashamed for recommending that crap, and it's not like PR1 or 2 didn't have their issues but bloody hell.

How is Banished? I see there's quite a few mods out for it now too.

Recettear

the base game gets very meh when you work it out. It goes from building a comfy town to managing supply chains you have no direct control over.

Dang, that sucks.

Aurora

Shenzhen on GOG fucking when, Zach?

He's got to make those steam redditbux first. When they lose interest, he'll release it on Gog.

This might be a bit weird but the shooting range from Metro: Last Light. I just love going onto the range with a weapon and popping off a few shots at a target.

This might also be a bit weird but I have comfy memories of Sims:Medieval. Basically it's sims but structured around a kingdom, one sim is the monarch, one is a blacksmith, one is a preacher. You get specific quests at that a single or multiple sims can go on.

Tried to install it again recently but it's been pretty much been abandoned by EA and the repacks I got gave me error messages that don't have any ways to fix them even with a google search. Couldn't save either and I do remember my last kingdom being corrupted like that. Same too because something that focuses more on story and actually gives your sim something to do is neat.

I think its supreme cozy

2070 was alright for a few hundred hours
I personally feel like anything including farming is top tier cozy.

Endless Legend/Space are top tier comfy
Mainly due to the soundtrack

Can't figure out if this shit is comfy or horrifying.

It's horrifying the sjw dev refuses to put guns into the games because he "can't be responsible for bringing more guns into the world". Not even a fucking spear gun.

They already made Natural Selection 2 you know.

Deep Sea shit scares the fuck out of me, so it was scary, but shit is just vacant of any substance

Why?

Cut in their prime. I was surprised when I started Populous: The Beginning on a 2013 system without tinkering

looks like a young fredrick at a commie convention

Besides city builders, trading sims and management games I find RPGs very comfy.

Because Cultures 2 is better.

Seconding this. This game is the shit.

Proper sequel fucking when.

mah nigga

Never ever.

I'm okay with it.

Nobody in the west calls it "Gdansk" though, we all call it Danzig.

T-thanks

The base game is enjoyable, but doesn't have a lot of depth. With mods it's very good. Get either Colonial Charter or Megamod (Megamod includes CC and has more stuff, but some of it is really badly balanced)

It's such a small thing, but it really adds to the game. Alt-tabbing and playing your own music just isn't the same.

How is Transport Fever?

the latest Anno 1404 Gold version runs fine in wine without any memory issues

either you're not using the latest version or it has problems running on 64 Bit hosts (which I assume you're using)

The Witcher's Act 2 and 3 was comfy supreme.

One of the reasons you may have is if windows media player isn't installed, it seems to not really care about other decoders for mp3 or whatever. At least that was the problem I had on linux. No support for radio stations without windows media player.

I'm not saying it's comfy, but the noir atmosphere of this game…

I love cyberpunk games, good ones, like Anachronox. Even with very outdated graphics, the immersion is pretty good.

Anybody else has never finished the campaign because it was impossible to build a port in the "build a port" mission?

H3 VR is this shit but on fucking steroids. That shit is so comfy

Kinda fun, till you zoom into the street level and look at the people. Only in Germany man

Does Anno 1404 run on toasters? I have a laptop with intel hd 3000 igpu.

I fucking hate it when the Civ 2 AI spams your territory with units to the point you can't move without declaring war. Is there any mod that fixes this or should I just play Civ3?

You should play civ 4.

I should hate it for having the same depth as knights of pen and paper but it's just way too comfy

Also, deadly premonition

Civ 3.

We don't take kindly to your kind around these parts.

Truth be told i haven't read a single line of dialogue in that game although i did find it strange that 70% of the choices i was given for characters happened to be dark skinned
Just how pozzed is it?

Hey user, I just wanted to tell you
FUCK YOU

That game looks amazing and I've heard it recommended often but that piece of shit keeps crashing with BEX error, despite me disabling DEP.
I want to play it but can't, especially now that I know there's an official patch for 1.1 and an unofficial patch for 1.2 that's supposed to be installed without the official one.

Oh, I remenber the devs posting that here and the game looked cool. They stopped posting when the writing started being worked on.

I'll switch to Linux once it just werks.
Until then I'll stick with Windows 7.

Are there any good Long Dark lets plays? As I usually prefer to watch someone else play a game like that, also by good I mean just someone who isn't a tit or doesn't have a really annoying voice.

Is it possible to mod it? i'd be willing to do it. Stuf like re-writing the dialogues change the character so you can choose how they'll look like x-com or at least rebalance it, since power ranger used to have whites, black japanese etc and not all blacks.

Also reminder: every black character has better stats than the others

This is satire right, because it would be pretty funny if it was

Oh no, that's actually not satire.

hhhhnnnnnggg

fug what did I miss?

I guess, but some shitty indie game isn't worth the trouble man.

Rapehorse.

Majesty

This indeed, Colonial Charter makes it really great. I would say the vanilla game is maybe worth the regular price if you're really in need of a town builder game.