Zelda: Breath of Failure

Let's say Zelda: Breath of the Wild misses the mark and disappoints the overwhelming majority here (We know others outside this board won't be due to brand name, see X/Y).

What will we do? Would we be worried about our Zelda become a generic open world game with some sandboxing, or would we be carefully optimistic and hope they don't detonate another dud? I hope it doesn't all go downhill, I'm worried but a bit excited.

*becoming

Zelda chcke

k

It looks good, can we have this discussion in a weeks time after they show some more of it though. I think if Nintendo are able to successfully integrate the Zelda staple of exploration and puzzle solving into an open world it will be good. Maybe people are just jaded from a string of really poor open world games that just didn't get it, I can understand that.

NPCs give you verbal directions not just marking your map which is the fucking standard for open world games, even the ones people wank on about.

New puzzle solving tools are factored into the world design more, and puzzles themselves are built with multiple solutions in mind, the only issue here is how much puzzle solving tools will we get and how will they combine, also how many puzzles will the world have, probably a whole lot given Zelda games.

Moving between locations requires planning and in some cases puzzle solving, a path may not just be a path you follow but a path you need to evaluate and strategize to successfully end up at your destination, we have seen this in the gameplay demo they have shown already, it just depends on how this evolves throughout the game.

Zelda games have always been open world, now they are just removing the level loads and giving you more routes between destinations and more tools to tackle the routes.

Also the combat looks to have been improved, and the game itself looks to be packed full of "technology".

BotW as an open-world game I don't see as anything but Nintendo's usual "okay this is big enough we actually have to acknowledge it but let's make it try to not suck". It's not Paper Mario (matter of fact Zelda's one of their total and complete flagship titles, typically made in-house rather than being given to a second/third party) so if BotW turns out to be irredeemable crap there's little to no chance it'll become the standard by which future Zeldas should be held.

I have no doubt that it's going to be an amazing title. Just wait and see

Are we really having threads talking about hypothetical potential game failures about future games that aren't even near release now? Do you need that schadenfreude fix so badly?

Why don't we talk about actual, confirmed bad games that are already out?

The same thing we did the last times this has happened. Some bitch, some go in denial about it because they spent hundreds on a new console. There are more bad Zelda games than there are good ones at this point. The thing is that Zelda games are so highly polished and have so much manpower sunk into them that you only notice that it's a turd after you have taken a bite.

It's easy to take a game that's shit like Mighty Number 9 and tell that it's shit because just about everything about it is bad. But with Zelda almost everything is good: the graphics, the music, the gameplay. What more could you want for a good game? The problem comes as you keep playing the game and you notice that the content itself is bad. So what if you have buttery smooth super responsive content if there is nothing interesting to do for you? Pushing switches, doing fetchquests, picking up random collectibles, none of it is really that interesting on its own. Thos are things you can add to an already meaty game for a little extra variety, but gimmicks cannot hold the entire game. Zelda 1, 2 and aLttP didn't need mini games, fetch quests or mandatory stealth sections to keep the player interested, and those games did not have the benefit of a decade-long good franchise reputation.

BoTW will be the savior of AAA vidya and Holla Forums will eat it up because it's one of the only worthwhile games of [current year]
Mark my fucking words.

I wish they would talk about the god damn dungeons already. We've already been shown the trials which are cool but i wanna know about the full blown awesome dungeons they have in store.

if dubs BoTW turns out to be the best game of all time

Nice try

BotW will be another MGSV with a huge map with nothing to do, it will also feature the now classic super-easy difficulty of the Zelda series as well as the impossibly bland "lock-on and tap A while dodging a bit" combat. Expect the worst but the critics will eat it up since it has the following marks checked

This is low effort shitposting

✔*

People like you are why Nu Males Sky sold like it did….
Wait for games to come out before getting any information on them and you will be much more informed and much less marketed to.

That's normal and will never change. Not a matter of fanboyism even - not necessarily at least - people just have their own interest checkboxes, that signal interest. Just see Nier: Automata even before the demo.

It won't do well, casuals won't buy the Switch and they already don't own Wii Us so the sales numbers are already low, especially with the game being split between consoles. People are expecting Nintendo to make a huge comeback with the Switch but just because it's been getting a lot of attention doesn't mean every person is going to buy one the second it's available in stores

Who are you fooling? You seem to have forgotten how gullible normalfags are snd how easily they buy into marketing ploys.

With rhis game, I want to be able to mark my own map when told shit. Automatic recorded journals are fine though.

I hope so.

I disagree, alot of early wii units were sold just because of zelda being a launch title, I think botw could move switch units barring price tag and release timing of course. But they willneed to win the wiiu owners who at this point definitly will feel ripped-off. And nintendo is too selfish to offer deals to sate them, unless the cost of not sateing thim is more than throwing them a boneala ambassador program. I would suggest them doing a trade up program and harvesting the wiius for parts, but thats just me and I know that that idea would be costly. Though if they offered a free game trade up program…

The only reason I don't feel ripped off is due to piracy.

Can this meme die already?

You are autistic, i don't need to explain why.