Expansions/dlc's that were better than the main game

expansions/dlc's that were better than the main game.

Other urls found in this thread:

readlightnovel.com/i-reincarnated-into-a-vending-machine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic not related, right OP?

shit taste fam

more content sure but story wise

HoS > BaW > WH

Neverwinter nights 2 Mask of the Betrayer

Does Majora's Mask count? It kinda should.

Boringlands 2's Bunkers & Badasses DLC was better than the main game, but requires you to have beaten the main game to understand it.

It's too bad that Gearbox is such a concentrated pack of fucks, as the DLC for that game bordered on good old expansion packs. Low-priced, lots of extra content, original enemies and environments and such in each pack.

Goddamn shame, really.

it's not really hard to make a better game than the witcher 3.

While considerably more difficult, the maps in the plutonia experiment doom expansion are of much higher quality than the stock doom 2 maps.

Looking at its competitors, apprently it is.

Obligatory.

yeah western rpgs sure are shit, a shitty open world demons souls combat knock off manages to be better than it

Why? Did you just prefer the story or did you think that it was better gameplay wise?

Official DLC ranking was Oni-girl>Peasants>Edgelord>Catgirl

The two sets of Daud's DLC levels for the first Dishonored come to mind.

All of the Fallout 4 DLC, though it's hard to imagine how they managed to actually make it better than the main game (of the year). I guess we'll just never know how he does it after all of these years.

In the same vein Far Harbor is out-fucking-standing compared to main Fo4. A bit better survival elements due to radiation everywhere, the fractions all have valid points and aren't explicitly evil (the Church of Atom are crazy assholes but aren't Enclave-baby-eating levels). and you can wear a lobster trap as a helmet. If Far Harbor was released with you being some random asshole from the mainland it would have probably been way better received then the actual Fo4 did.

Nuka-world is sorta better then the main game (not hard really) but gets dragged down due to the fact that being the boss of raiders is next to meaning-less (the only meaning is you're bitchboy who has to go fix EVERYTHING)

I know, Fallout 4 is haram but I don't play much expansion content (especially now due to GOTY editions being dead or not actually including everything like they FUCKING SHOULD. It's also kinda amazing how well put together it is when compared to Fo4.

Are you talking about the Tiny Tina DLC? I never played it due to loosing interest in the game after the Hammerlock dlc was Bulletsponge extravaganza and not having my freind around much to play it with (Fuck soloing). I personally liked Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, the humor was on point most the time, the weapon drops were actually pretty good. Only downside I remember is they had a character that looked like Fear and Loathing Hunter S. Thompson and he acts nothing like him.

I've already explained the other two but two three (I had to look it up to remember that) are just mod packs that add shit to build in settlements (an utterly pointless feature as you're either grinding forever or just enable god mode) and the Robot DLC isn't terribly interesting outside of being able to basically making a companion (a feature that was ripped from Robco Certified).

Witcher in general works better with small-scale stories. Geralt's no hero, he's just a nigger doing his day job.

I suppose it just works. I hope everyone is enjoying Todd Howard's latest masterpiece. Where di you purchase your copy from?

Captain Scarlett was great. It was also the only DLC I played from Blands2 since the game just dragged on and my friends and I just lost interest.

ThePirateBay

Now, fellow anonymous user, why would you do that? Isn't a game of that caliber deserving of a per-order as well as the season pass? Every penny is worth it. I'd highly recommend supporting an amazing game like that so more of its type can be made by Todd Howard.

As it so happens, I pre-ordered my copy from Gamestop and was very happy with my purchase. I only hope I have the opportunity to pre-order Fallout 5 as well.

A fellow patrician, I see.

You were beautiful once, Battlefield.

this. short stories are best part of books
and if you remove marry sue from story quality only goes up

Trips for truth, I suppose. Reading poorly-translated light novels online about I WAS REINCARNATED IN THE FANTASY WORLD AS A VENDING MACHINE and shit is like eating sugar from the bag. Gets old, but it's tolerable in bursts.

Yes, there really is such a story.
readlightnovel.com/i-reincarnated-into-a-vending-machine

I say this a lot, but if/when CDPR revisit the Witcher world, I'd love them to just make a game comprised of 10 or so HoS/B&W sized questlines. Doesn't even have to be Geralt, maybe a young Vezemir.

At least it wasn't boring OH NO KIDS ARE DYING I AM SO SAD AND DEPRESSED shit

The first Witcher game had a gold edition, which included a bunch of additional adventures. Some of them were pretty cool, like the one about Eskel's cursed girl.
Sadly, the steam version is silver edition.

Is there a torrent for Gold?

Yuri is master

In general the quality in HoS and BaW is way above the main game. I think it's down to time to polish and that they have a clearer focus. There's some damn good stuff in W3 vanilla, but it's spread out between a lot of less good stuff. The expansions don't have that problem.
Like user said, just give us vignettes, the stuff doesn't really work with an overlying quest.

I think most additional adventures are made by modding community, you can download them seperately anyway

Witcher 3's main quest goes to shit after Kaer Morhen and it doesn't help contracts and side quests are much better.

I think they felt like the main quest should be at least 100 or something hours long and ran out of ideas quite early, W3's main story really bored me, whereas I enjoyed most of the sidequests

My nigga

It goes to shit after you get to Novigrad
Especially all the help Dandelion garbage and then the boring Skellige parts which really felt like they were trying to attract the skyrim crowd

From the point of the books the whole thing is shit since it retcons a lot of stuff and from the point of the other games it's a bit silly since they rewrite several characters and make you play nice with people who actively screwed you over in the previous games

This.
Would be nice if they did B&W-sized side story games for other characters. Letho, Regis, Roche and maybe even Olgierd could make interesting protagonists.
One with the Wild Hunt with dimension hopping could be pretty crazy. You could even play as Caranthir and fuckin' up portals could amp the difficulty of the worlds you travel to.

I know most revile it but Dark Souls 2 , particularly the 2nd and 3rd. 2nd has the best boss fights in the game and the 3rd is fantastic in terms of level design.

Seriously?

Why do poles want to force me to play through this awful stuff just to get some good yarn spun my way?

Just like every any good sequels good expansion packs should take base game and improve on it.

But to make this thread more interesting I will say both SC2 expansions. LotV because of it being best mission pack with best campaign options and very nice co-op mode, and HotS for it ending back than multiplayer was best.
For both story needs to be ignored just like WoW and D3 story should be ignored.
Cinematic team should be praised. No other game made me want to see a full movie made by them. I know it is not connected to a game.

Fallout 4 was genuinely first time I felt offended by game story. It forced character I played to be retarded.
Todd I would praise you for F4 gameplay but all of us know ID made it for you. I would also praise you for new stuff in F4 but we all know they are taken from mods.

Well, I think Genroku Legends as a whole was more fun then the base game purely because of the different characters. Momo and Kisuke play pretty much the same, so it's refreshing to have even slightly different styles. Too short though.
I just like the music of Gonbe's chapter, so it's top for me.

Blood Dragon is overrated. It's good, but I liked 3 better.

I agree

Hearts of Stone was great. I loved all the lore around the world for Gaunter O' Dimm, really building him up as a character. I'm pretty sure he is the one who cursed that lady in BaW into becoming a spotted wight. His theme plays when you tell her story to the majordomo, and she was cursed by a merchant who sold mirrors.

The sadness of Iris, the character work of Olgierd Von Everec,

He's one of the first antagonists in a game to actually manage to creep me out.

Well, you can also kill the bandits and free all their slaves.

Sugoi story, oni-chan

Also nominating all of these.

i doubt it really counts, but the kanto section of pokemon silver completely came out of the blue and is still my favorite end/post game experience

dead money was absolute dogshit my man
btfo by honest hearts AND lonesome road
OWB was almost as bad as DM, but the writing saved it from being worst overall

new vegas has the unique quality among bethesda-era fallouts of being better than its addons

Should I restart the Witcher 3 to play Hearts of Stone? I'm unspoiled on both expansions.

Came here to post.

Rajyaki a best.

How someone can have such shit opinions is beyond me.
LR >= DM > HH >>> GRA >>> Courier's Stash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OWB

It was the only time the story actually had FUN in it. Just some honest, silly moments and commentary that didn't take itself so seriously.

them robots were charming as shit
fuk u
fuk ur opinion

really though why do people like dead money
it looks and plays like garbage and was tedious and boring.

Dead Money had great writing and actually challenged a player even if they were max level because of the shit you had to deal with.

Sorry you were bad at avoiding the radios and such and are better suited to boring scavenger hunts, and levels from CoD:Fallout.

That fucking campaign. I played with a mate in coop, both RPG veterans and we were like "WTF" some of the best story/setting in the history of vidya.

Notice also how he ranked the Lonesome Road to be the best DLC. All that shit is walk in a straight line and listen some pretentious bullshit by a whiny nigger.

one word: verticality. lonesome road had the most fun map despite being a straight line because it felt for one fucking time in the whole series like i was crawling though the corpse of civilization that was bombed to oblivion instead of an apocalypse-themed amusement park.

as for the pretentious bullshit i cared far more about actually finding out about the courier than about some ancient asshole and his fetish for a marilyn monroe knockoff.

VERA VERA VERA VERA VERA VERA UGGGHH MY DICK CAN ONLY GET HARD FOR VERA

Holy fuck that's some shit taste

listen to the calming voice and shoost raiders wiith missiles you fucking twits

What level are you?

You can also just use the game's pregenerated Geralt at the level of the expansion to play it if you feel you're too strong.

Shouldn't every expansion be better than the main game?

It's essentially a standalone expansion so I'm counting it. It's not that the original was bad either just that EiB added some new features and tweaks and continued on from the difficulty curve at the end of the first game and overall came out better.

Blood and wine's premise was pretty good, but CDprojekt's promise of being a 30+ hours story was complete bullshit, probably it was even shorter than hearts of stone.
The story involving vampires could have been great, had its moments, but felt rushed.

All 4 bosses in the DLC were way better than anything in the base game, especially Artorias

Explain yourselves