Amiga/Demoscene/Chiptune Music

Can we have a thread for this? I don't know where else to make a thread like this. Post your favorite songs and demos.

Other urls found in this thread:

scenemusic.net/
youtube.com/channel/UCZCblcWrJ95wjzGwVNseqtQ/videos
pouet.net/prod.php?which=64543):
busy.speccy.cz/tmp/zx16stereo.mp3
github.com/farbrausch/fr_public
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A fucking classic right here

You mean chiptune remixes, original songs, or rips from a game?

Anything goes really but preferably original songs or remixes

Do demos count?

Just gonna get Follin out early
Although the Spectrum version sounds more eerie

This one is freaking sick, listen to these samples!.

Don't suppose you have that terminator one? I think it was from Razor has a picture of the terminator in the background.

Yeah totally

Well, since i still don't know what to post, i'm gonna post something similar to OP. One of my favorite OSTs i have to say.

This one's pretty sweet but i don't know who composed the track.

Jester was the man

I'll add.

A lot of Purple Motion/ Future Crew is great

This one has good visual presentation as well.

Was looking for this one originally. My favorite.

Pretty sweet

coming through with the best composer

Seriously, this nigger is the greatest thing to ever exist

also he did ecco the dolphin

Already beat you, bud
The man was a giant, shame he was a retinue from fucking LJN
Plok is still a thing to wonder, and the madman himself made it without knowing a thing about the game
His Spectrum music is highly respectable, dude worked on a beeper in his room for a month

Best Tim Follin track, go home kids

Bought that cartridge only for the intro music
Technically that's his prime, but the entire Plok game smashes it
And the PAL Time Trax, along with this piece of shit game embeded

Somewhat i don't like his stuff in the digital era, not bad thou

Huelsbeck = The Man

This is my favorite by Huelsbeck

Solstice is pretty good for a game too but the difficulty reallly cripples it. I haven't tried Equinox but the OST is just as good.

scenemusic.net/

Amiga > snes

youtube.com/channel/UCZCblcWrJ95wjzGwVNseqtQ/videos

Are trackers worth using these days or are DAWs a better choice for making music in general? I have schismtracker installed but haven't learned how to use it yet.

That song is a total ripoff of a Ys 3 song.

I know. But it's a good rip-off.

Can it be tracker music in general?
This is my favorite.

Bump

Step it up champ, i only use samples from old Amiga songs as a self imposed limitation too.

They did it, the actual madmen!

even NieR too

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Not bad. but the person really missed the point in the 1:00 mark.

Tim Follin version deserved to be in any recent version of the game.

Beat me to it
Here's another master, this time ripping the fuck out of indian prophecies

It's completely subjective, however it's more practical and easier for new comers to use a DAW with a piano roll.

best

I think it was because it was "chiptune metal" remix, with solos and all that stuff. It was still cool for me.
The one you posted is also pretty great.

I like the DOS port better, but it's not on jewtube

How about samples
It's time for sum gud music

Mah nigga.

First off this thread needs some BEAST.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

And some Karsten Koch rounds it out for now.

modarchive id?
can I colab with you?

Maybe I'm prejudiced, but I find that tracker modules tend to be more creative and less repetative than most other techno. I theorize (from the structure of many modules) that the spreadsheet-like interface based on separate pattern pages encourages composers to mentally break up the flow of songs and ensure the whole playtime is worth listening to. Whereas cranking out MIDI with a normal DAW tempts composers to just write a nice hook, maybe add tracks one at a time as the song goes (creating a really boring "assembly line" feel to the song), and hit repeat (the worst examples being those awful drum & bass songs that are literally the same 2-5 seconds looped for ten minutes).

We wuz Lizardking.
You may feel an unexpected desire to install Gentoo.

That, and I think there's also a greater variety of samples and styles out there to crib from. You don't need to have 16-bit, 44.1KHz audio to have a catchy compelling tune; indeed many good ones from the mid to late 80s exist before that was a possibility.

the low rez samples creates a technilogical barrier that has to be overcome for the tracked music to sound like anything worthwhile.

finns were a true wizards of early computing

I want to make chiptunes with my Commodore 64, but all I have is the tape drive and no floppy drive. I can easily write Commodore 64 programs to a cassette from my PC using any tape recorder and auxiliary cable with WAV-PRG but I need to know what programs I need for my C64 to get started

if you don't care about the C64 hardware itself you can yank out the SID chip and put it on PCI card that will let you use it's generated sound on your PC

I want to be as authentic as possible, and I want to keep the original hardware in-tact. And I main on a laptop so a PCI card is out of the question

it's just a matter of convenience. as long as you have the SID chip itself you will get the desired output you'd get from a C64 machine

unless by authentic you mean listening to a c64 tune on a falling apart old CRT tv made with software and techniques that would embarass a caveman

I use an original Commodore 1702

Here's a demonstration of a 16-channel beeper engine for the ZX Spectrum, created by the master Ján Deák (RIP, pouet.net/prod.php?which=64543):
busy.speccy.cz/tmp/zx16stereo.mp3

Crazy to hear what can be done with only one pin from a Z80 controlling a buzzer.

Sirra, I'll see your phong shading and raise you raytracing.

lets make it vidya related too

Demoscene is very much vidya related anyway even outside this video.
>Future Crew went into gaming, although their only game AS Future Crew (an Elite-like called Illuminatus) never got off the ground

And so on.

github.com/farbrausch/fr_public

I know about it, but shit's cryptic for most of technology wise people let alone Holla Forums

It would be nice if someone picked it up and made a few more levels or maybe multiplayer DM

Damn, what a trip that was

Not best version. See

Post more stuff like this

there were plenty of those like that posted already

More Future Crew or more demos in general?

Sorry, im stupid

Either is fine, im watching this shit with google cardboard, its crazy.

Byterapers are pretty good too.

God, All these chiptune fucking suck.
They are just random noise with random patterns.

How the fuck is this random noise?

Why don't you post some of the good stuff then?

don't make mistakes of finding out who was making those sickass tunes you listened in old demos as a lad, like this one

Or how is THIS random noise?

it still sounds like shit basically the same 3 keys over and over and it sounds harsh.

Synth music is 100000x better.

Then go to a fucking synth music thread autist.

I'm not an autist autist, im just came into this thread hoping to listen to some cool sounds only to find out its shit.

Go and fucking jerk off some muslims while masturbating to the smurfs, faggola.

I searched for synthesizer music and skipped through it.
Beat your dick to your woodchipper sounding random noise.

get the fuck out

who let the /mu/ autists in

You must think that the Flimbo's Quest tune is pretty good because you didn't reply when i asked. CHECKU MEITO

No, You

No, i said it still sounds like shit because its the same 3 keys over and over. its not like the other chiptune, i wouldn't consider it chiptune but i guess its using a chip.

You clearly didn't listen to more than 30 seconds of the song, blow your brains out.

I skipped and listened to 1 minute.

Get the fuck out.

So you didn't even listen through it? You are just posting random shit now?

Yes, because i said synthesizer music is better than chiptune, i can randomly select a song and it'll sound better.

Do you even know what you posted? New Beat is commercial electro garbage from Belgium.

No, i said in my last post i randomly selected it from youtube searching for electronic synth music.

Personally i regretted posting it right after i posted the song but didn't want to remove my post. just for that.

Solstice is a good game, you've just got to stick with it until it clicks with you, Equinox is garbage, it lost all challenge by giving you an attack.

Couple more cool demos.

This one's one of the more impressive recent ones, they pushed this one so hard it won't even run emulated (to my knowledge).

there are PCem builds that can run it

Damn, that is neat.

Compared to the private antics of mainstream pop musicians, christardation, furfaggotry, and contributing to Homosuck aren't particularly awful.

Also notable recently from the same group was 8088 Domination & 8088 Corruption. Though they rely on mass storage and hardware soundcards that were unattainably expensive for most IBM PC owners until the late '80s at least, the software FMV performance is still incredible.

You notice that's an oxymoron right?

Coming from someone with less than a year's experience working with music I find trackers to actually be easier and more fun to work with than DAWs. I'm shit at making music, but at least it's fun.

I'd love to if he doesn't want to

Heeeere we goooo