Final Fantasy XI Private Server Adventure: Voluntary Boneitis Edition

Final Fantasy XI is an old MMORPG thats oriented towards cooperation instead of competition

ffera.com
the IP is 8.26.94.111
First, download the game, yes, the official game: playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/install_win.html
if you already have the game installed (from Steam or from the original Discs)
then simply follow these instructions: wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Configuring_Your_Client
the game must be fully installed and updated for the server to work, once you have that, you can use the Windower 4 program to connect to any server of your choice.
trouble installing? ask up.

the server has a normal experience rate of 4x but it also offers something new, the Mentor Mode, which is a self-restraining game mode with bonus perks, it caps your experience at 1x retail rate and blocks you from using Fields of Valor books while giving you access to certain extra features such as:
-free buffs from conveniently located NPCs around the game
-an infinite-usage
-access to special stores that sell equipment slightly better than what you would find in a regular weapon or armor shop in a city
-4x running speed within cities
-reduced exp loss on death past level 30 (non mentors lose 3 times as much exp when dying, while mentors lose just the normal amount)
it can be activated by typing "@bazaar" in game, and then talking to one of the two floating light-blue crystals in the bazaar area. you cannot change mentor mode on/off once you've gone past level 1 so it could be considered a hardcore mode. You're free to play either way you want, its character-independent.
send a private message in-game to Nel, Tonka, or Kashiri to receive a Linkpearl, its an item that lets you chat in our private "room" so to say. To do so, you must open the chatbox and use the " /tell 'name' " command.

resources:
ffxi-atlas.com
In-game maps are not fully accurate, as part of the game was meant to be exploration, not every path is marked on the in-game maps
ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
retail FFXI goes through updates even up to this [CURRENT YEAR] of ours, since the private server works on emulated software and its not trying to be just like modern retail FFXI, not everything might be accurate, but its still a good source of information for the most part.
no, the main story of the game is made of Rank Missions, which are different depending on which of the 3 nations you start on.
ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Rank
ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Conquest

Here lie Tonka, Kashiri, and Nel

they never scored.

Become a summoner today

just another day punching local fauna to death.

/r/ thread title change to "I need the game to play itself because I'm too used to WoW" Edition

snibber

cucked

Promyvions done

this thread made me look up the game on youtube and holy fuck I forgot how good the music is. haven't touched this son of a bitch since early 05 and might join you guys time willing.

He has no one to blame but himself.

somethings not clear from your post, have you played the game or not?

just curious, anyone is welcome to try it

Why can't japs make anything stable on PC?

use TehKrizz patch. its a patch that reduces the update time from 8 hours to 1~ hour.

its in the guide i linked in the OP, as part of the manual patching procedure.

that was the age of consoles in glorious nihon, the ps1, the ps2, they didn't bother with PC for several generations disregard having made some of the best gaming home computers.

given, it takes a couple of days for things to sell, but holy shit these people are retarded and lazy. suits me just fine, i can jew them for all their gil

How to lockpick promyvion bump

cats are cool

Convince me to play this instead of XIV

DIY man. try both and see which one you like.

That's not convincing at all

im not a salesman, play both and decide for yourself.

i dont like 14 because it looks to much like wow, aka a formulaic korean hotkey masher where you'll spend the entire game running the gear threadmill and "content" exists only for the highest levels.

im having a bad net day today. if you don't see me online its because i got kicked for shit internet

t. nel

Lookin good

You know I have a funny story regarding ffxi, more so cuckchan. I went on to see what cuckchan has been like post exodus. I was curious and figured "well hey, the mods might be liberal faggots, but let's see what the users are like, it can't be that bad." I was fucking wrong
And so forth. So among all the rubble, I managed to find an FF XI thread and figured "well hey, this has gotta be somewhat good right?" fucking wrong
Pic related.
Tldr FF xiv anons were assblasted that FF XI players were too "homophobic" and too "old, they need new players who are accepting of homosexuality"
I can't believe I read this tripe on a FUCKING IMAGEBOARD
I knew cuckchan was bad but I didn't think it was this bad. Holy shit, I'm sorry, I let curiosity get the best of me.

what the cuck did i just read

Cuckchan is fucking dead.

It still blows my mind how radically the userbase changed in a matter of months following the exodus

Sure is great skilling up on furniture items that sell for 0 gil to npcs, can't be desynthed, and certainly won't sell on the AH.

Well when all the good people leave, that's what you get.

okay I don't know what I did wrong here, so here's some images to see if maybe one of you guys can spot something off. I can log into Nasomi, looks to be the post popular private server, but when I try Era I just get second pic related.

drop the http:// from the ip in config

Asura was the best server, like this classic assblasting from 2004

I'm Kidradd

faggot fucking REKT

what happened to gordanfreeman though? i swear if they did something for rightfully downtalking those degenerates im gonna nuke japan again.

I was laughing my ass off when I found that thread last year, then laughed harder when I saw I actually responded. If I remember correctly, I asked him to join our party to fight the sea horror so "we could get revenge for all those it killed" then warped 2 that fag. Gordonfreeman was some random dude on the boat, truly the best community.

drop the http, just put the numbers in there.

also read the OP if you haven't played before, get in contact as soon as you're in so we can give you a pearl.

so did you manage to get in?

it works now, thanks. gonna let my digits decide what character I make.
evens for human, odds for elf, dubs for galka.

human it is, then.

why not cat?

doesn't seem like anyone is up now so I'll just call it a day for a few hours. got to lvl 5 at least.

I don't like their animations.

i am connected.

if you want to check the people online, type /sea all, dont just judge the amount of online users by the amount of people at the starting cities, nobody stays at the starting cities.

send me a tell so i can go give you a pearl whenever.

/tell nel

last bump b4 bed

our linkshell now has 2 level 75 mentors.

it was a long trip but it was fun