ITT: Post vidya art. Official art is preferable, but really good or hilariously bad fan art is welcome as well

ITT: Post vidya art. Official art is preferable, but really good or hilariously bad fan art is welcome as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

lordranandbeyond.tumblr.com/tagged/artbook
rule34hentai.net/post/list/Syanna/1
artstation.com/artist/spaceshipguru
isaachannaford.com/
isaachannaford.tumblr.com/
spaceshipguru.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have one more just like this that I like A LOT despite not liking the series it's for.

I use to have this image in crazy high resolution and it looked amazing. I wish I could find it again. The colors were much more accurate too.

Pokemon gets a lot of cool art.

I like these scans I downloaded of art stuff from the Arland Series of Atelier games

That third picture makes me suspicious that some people working on the game were familiar with Beksinski

Might as well dump some old official art.

Have some E.Y.E. concept art.

For those not in the know, Yoshiaki Inagaki was the original artist for Tales of Phantasia. Somewhere in development he got dropped and replaced with Kousuke Fujishima. Most of Inagaki's designs were hence redone, so it's neat to see how certain characters once looked.

Inagaki's old website, Nostalgic Phantasian, has since gone down, but it has been archived, and I know one other separate person has worked to preserve the images on their own site as well.

Think that's about it.

I always really liked that design for Mint.

Does anybody have art like the girl in that last picture, except with a bigger axe?
Asking for a friend.

I don't mind Fujishima's take on it, but there was something, I don't know, more travel-friendly, maybe? to Inagaki's original take on it. Seems like more of what you'd expect to see out in the woods than someone in the nurse sort of outfit Fujishima made for her (though, being a medic is her thing, afterall).

Langrisser and Growlanser are pretty similar they might as well be the same universe but it was just the same devs and artist.

I'm spoling growlanser a bit, but it would make sense for the humans to warp to have warped tp current Rosarian planet and the planet to actually be Legaia which had the 6000 year history that Langrisser take part on. It would explain the radiant energy that Gro was.

I associate that art with the many many times I've played this video

…this sounds like growlanser and I just wrote about it…
did iwadare also do Lunar's soundtrack?

There something about the style to Avalon Code's art that I rather enjoy. Not entirely sure what it is though.

Iwadare did composition for Lunar, as well as Grandia.

Yes, holy shit, no wonder I like it so much, I loved Grandia's soundtrack.

Speaking of which, I want this cloth map

All the art I've ever seen of her has an axe about that size.

Yeah, it seems more natural and organic.

Maybe that's what they were working towards before the Growlanser series died, or at least went on hiatus. IIRC, all the familiars shared names with Langrisser characters. That was probably just homage, but you never know.

Some concept sketches.

Oh man, if we're posting Yoshida then I have a ton. I'll try and post non-FFT so there's little overlap.

I always thought the proportions and faces of these characters were odd, but I quickly forgive that, given how cool the armor/clothing looks.

I'm out of stuff for FFT

Is that all Wen-M's stuff? Fourth one in particular seems similar to his style.

Delita's squire artwork does make his arms seem too bulky. Other than that I've never been bothered by the artwork

Not sure of that name. Both wikipedia and Avalon Code wiki list the artist off as being HACCAN, the latter resource also listing him off as having been involved in some capacity in the art for Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, Ys Origins, Fire Emblem Awakening, Trails in the Sky, and Mushihime-sama Futari, among some others. Of course, I'm not sure how accurate a fanwiki for a rather underplayed game is, and HACCAN has no actual wikipedia page either.

shit these are tiny. Can't find the bigger versions if I have them. Here's the last of my contributions

Yeah, that's not him then. Wen-M was a dude that got big on Deviantart like ten years ago (I was still in high school when I had wallpapers of his shit, holy shit) and ended up getting picked as the main artist for a tabletop game called Anima, which wasn't very good.

Last ones I have. There's a full artbook scan uploaded onto Nicoblog, but it's all in moon (normally not a huge issue, but if memory serves it included designer notes).

There's just something about Denam's character design that I love.

Actually, looks like there's more large official art on Avalon Code wiki for other major characters. That's just the end of what I had.

Ah, I don't bother to pay that much attention to Deviantart outside of orioto, HMH, and Captainosaka (wish he would return to drawing Double K; he vanished for a few years, came back, and has just done random images instead of making more pages in his masterpiece).

Give Creative Uncut a look. Not sure if they'll have them all in high res, but it seems they have at least some.

Yeah, I've not followed DA in literally a decade. Although I'm glad to hear the Double K dude is back, I am also pretty annoyed he never finished the project. I vaguely remember backing it back in the day.

Yoshida also did the art for FF14's classes.

If memory serves, he did manage to get the first volume of it out in print, but then he just disappeared for years and now that he's back has refused to acknowledge his magnum opus one way or another. Most of his stuff since he's been back has been Pokemon images (admittedly seeing one of the Go trainers fighting with his Jolteon trying to eat his Arby's is funny), but he really doesn't make that much anymore. I've heard he does professional piano stuff now, but it would be nice if he's at least respond to inquiries about Double K.

Can't disagree, that is pretty great.

do more bloodbourne/souls stuff please

Really wish I could have figures of these designs.

kinu is good

Really like something about Ooba Wakako's style.

ROROLINA IS A SLUT THAT FILL TANKS WITH CREAMPIED ACHIEVED SEMEN TO MAKE CHIMUS

Anyone know who made these?

This jus wants to make me work at gamefreak to make cool 'mons, so cool people can make cool art of them.

Requesting SWEDEN, YES edit, with Hitler as Trevor Belmont.

Given the "Moto 88" in the image, I assume Moto Yamaguchi, since he's in the credits for Ys I and II PC-E and it works with the tag.

Also seems to be from Ys I or II, so I'd assume it might be Moto as well, but there's no tag.

Not sure if that was tagged properly, as a Google reverse search seems to have it being used as Ys III related, rather than Ys Origins. Anyhow, if that's from the PC-Engine release of Ys III, it looks like that had three artists on it (Yoshiharu Fukuyama Hideyuki Amagi as "original art", with Toshiro Okamoto as "special art"), so I figure it could have been one of them. IMDB Reverse image searching though has an upload of that image tagged as "Taue Shunsuke" as the artist, but he's not listed in the credits for Ys III PC-E on MG, and with it being on the Japanese cover art for the game, unless he did it as uncredited work, I doubt it was him.

Just my thoughts, not sure if they're correct.

I've honestly kind of wanted some Holla Forums artist to draw his take on might whitey Simon Belmont fighting the bloodsucking Jewcula and his subhuman monster hordes.

Reminds me that they had the same character artist for Nora to Toki (as well as having brought in one of my favorite composers; some comfy ass music for that game up on youtube), and yet no one saw fit to bring it overseas, and the fan-translation is stalled/potentially dead.

despite the game being shit and the lore being shit, the art department was always great

saved for next drawthread

I'd have asked there myself when I first had the idea (I've had it for a good while, too), but all the ideas I've had since coming here a few years back that I've tried to pitch get quickly dismissed as being too hard or "commission-tier", despite being no more complex than the sort of shit I'd request that drawfags years back on halfchan would at least attempt every so often.

I've been wanting an excuse to post this.

Escher couldn't have done it better.

Reminds me of that one infamously badly proportioned manga. I can barely remember it (was it about soccer, maybe?), but it was like the manga equivalent of those "QUALITY" screencaps you'd see for animated shows.

Ahhhh lunar SSS. I still have my special edition. Super coz

Great games.

I have to ask, is this considered "good" or "hilariously bad"?

gotta go fast.

Always good to come across the occasional fellow Wild Arms fan.

I still kind of wonder who did the character art for WA1 and 2. I know Wakako did WA3, ACF, and 4, and they got Tomomi Sasaki to do the designs for 5 and XF (he's not bad, but it's a bit odd they found a guy that made yaoi Skies of Arcadia doujins and went "yes, he'll do"), but I've never seen a ported name for WA1 and 2. Maybe I need to double check MG, or make note to double check the credits whenever I wind up replaying them.

Think Madhouse did the anime FMVs though.

Gotta rez fast!

Not sure how that happened, think I meant "pertinent" there.

Wild Arms was my first rpg, got from my parents when I was a kid so I'm particularly fond of it.

WA1 was Yoshihiko Ito and there there were a bunch of people as character designers for WA2.

Nice. I really wish I'd had more access to vidya when I was younger. Maybe I wouldn't have missed out of so many great classics. Still, it's struck as nice to still have great stuff left to play even with the current state of the industry; only bad part is that there's next to no reason to start individual threads on some of this stuff.

Huh, so WA2 was a collaborative work from not only a general development standpoint (Media.Vision and Contrail), but also an artistic one? if so, it strikes me that that did a pretty decent job making sure it felt cohesive in design. Sometimes when mixing artists there's a sort of dissonance between the styling for the outfits the characters wear, but I didn't feel much noticeable like that for WA2.

I didn't have many myself and being in Europe didn't help either. You know, PAL region got like 30% of the good games. But at least I got lucky to have played WA1 back in the days.

Yeah. I've recently finished both Lunar Silver Star Story and Grandia, but they are so old that almost no one remembers them. That's why I lurk these kind of threads.

They did great. But that's a result you can expect when developers make games with passion and not with the intention to squeeze customers.

Yeah, I know about how PAL's missed out on a lot of good stuff over the years, and are in some cases still missing out on games that were really well received/good selling in North America. I assume you've played Wild Arms 2 by this point, but if not, you ought to do so.

Unfortunately /vr/'s still rather dead here even after a change in management (it's like all video game discussion HAS to flow back to Holla Forums in the end due to not enough posters left on a board to talk to), and in the case of my interests, /vg/ here has apparently not seen a reason to start a JRPG general, and while I suspect that >>>/jrpg/ was meant as a replacement for that, it's long since dead (admittedly I think on the scale of broad-to-niche the topic didn't warrant an entire board). Thus I'm stuck trying to drum up what small discussion I can in tangentially related threads, and waiting until stuff like and hope they haven't gotten bombarded with "[X] topic? Not on my board" tier shitposting like I've seen happen at times. I miss the discussion of JRPG General, being able to get back-and-forth with other people interested in the games day or night, but not enough to ever go back to halfchan. At least I still have the recommendations I acquired from my time there, and they haven't let me down yet.

I remember with Tales of Xillia, things seemed slightly off in terms of the character design. It wasn't exactly bad, but Fujishima and Inomata both have their own styles, and had generally worked separately up to that point as the main artists for their own individual games. I generally liked the semi-modern outfits of the cast in Xillia 2 better (which happens for lore reasons I won't spoil) and which feel a bit more cohesive, but I'm not sure if Okamura did his own take on the prior designs Fujishima and Inomata did, or if they had to try to match the vibe of his design for Ludger. Either way it worked out pretty well there (and Ludger definitely has a better design than Emil did, given Okamura was the main artist for Symphonia 2 prior).

I did. I've also played lots of other games that were never released in my country. All thanks to emulation. I could have waited the PSN of course (for some of them), but I stopped getting consoles since the PS2.

Ha, those were good times indeed. I particularly remember when some user found a game I was looking for years with just a brief description of what I remembered from a demo. 90% of my backlog (PS1, DC, PS2…) has been filled by those threads.
Anyway, shitposting aside, even here we can have good informational threads sometimes. Too bad they are so rare.

Do you know of other games who were developed by two companies like WA2 and Legend of Legaia? I'm kinda curious

I've heard that Wild Arms 3 was another Media.Vision/Contrail collaboration, but I might need to dig through the credit for that to double check (not a bad idea, as Wings is a nice credits theme, but if so I'll do it later today). Anyhow, I think it happens for often than you might think. Soul Sacrifice, for example, was SCEJ Studio, Marvelous, and (of all things) Comcept develop it, and Fighting Climax apparently had Ecole Soft and French Bread working on it. Still, I suppose it much more common (and probably easier) for a game to have a single developer team.

OC

Drakengard art dump, Nier to follow.

Now to dig out the Nier folder.

Whoever did the art for the second game watched a lot of Trigun.

And continuing on.

And that's all she wrote.

They should bring back the link in that third pic, he actually looks heroic, rather than being the shotacon bait he is now.

It's interesting to see how his style changed over the years. Most of these don't look like they were drawn by the same guy.

What a pleb.

Seconding this, any user have more Bloodborne art to share?

I've heard that Trigun was inspired some by Wild Arms 1, and in turn Wild Arms 2 drew inspiration from it. Hell, they've even got outright cameos of that black cat running around Meria Boule, and Marina has a poster of Vash in her room. Not that a lot of westerners got it at the time, as Trigun wouldn't come overseas for a few more years if memory serves.

Does anyone have Terada's watercolor Zelda stuff? And anything similar? That shit gives me a raging art boner.

It wasn't. Contrail was absorbed by Sony in 2000.

Nice infos though. I'll dig some more to find other games made from collaborations.

lordranandbeyond.tumblr.com/tagged/artbook

And to shill the Vanillaware thread.

Goddamn why does Bethesda have some nice art concept? Same shit happened with Fallout 3, also RIP Adam

u asked for it bro

You didn't say if it had to be from a good game or good art either, so have more

Always found it odd how she's so much better looking in 2 than 3. W3 Triss has that surreal bright red hair that stings the eyes and is a graphical mess.

Speaking of the Witcher series and the topic at hand, I sadly could never find any art (even a bloody CG) of best girl.

Polite sage.

If these are meant to be fapped to, why does she look angry or upset in most of these? I know some people have a fetish for that sort of thing, buy you'd think for something as mainstream as Playboy they would try a little harder to make her look like she's not a sex slave on the verge of tears.
Or does the character always look like that? I've only played the first Witcher game, and only for about five minutes.

I don't even know if it actually appeared on playboy, the whole thing reeks of german autism. The witcher devs are probably on some polish territory that used to be part of germany before ww2. I don't know either i tried to play witcher 2 but it was garbage in every way imaginable and it was so bad when i stopped i hadn't even found triss, and even witcherfags say 1 is worse than 2 and 3 is better in some ways and worse in others.

I'd swear at one point Wikipedia or somewhere listed both companies as having been involved together again for WA3.

Not art but "art"
rule34hentai.net/post/list/Syanna/1

What game features those delicious pale oppai vamps in pic 4?

Dragon's Crown

Well, Contrail never developed games by itself. It was a little subsidiary of Sony and it might have been credited less than it should have.
It still may be possible that some of the devs worked at Wild Arms 3.

I could see Media.Vision certainly being open to it, being that at the time they were still working on the series for Sony themselves. Real question is what exactly happened to Contrail and their employees anyhow; did Sony retain all the employees in merging Contrail back into SCEI, or might some of them have opted to remain separate?

Any idea if Wild Arms 2 made the distinction in the credits between who was from Media.Vision and who was a Contrail employee, or were they kept ambiguous?

In the credits of the game Media.Vision was under Developer, while Contrail was the Producer. So, I guess Sony dispatched them on some IPs to provide assistance/coordination at production level, while leaving the development stuff to others. I'm speculating of course, but from what I know and read it could make sense.
There isn't (as expected) much information about the whereabouts of Contrail's staff after 2000.
If you check their Wikipedia page, you can see the note: "Personnel reform and reorganisation announcement". It's a pdf dated when the company was merged to SCEI and unfortunately is in japanese. I suppose that the key names are listed, like the former president of Contrail Takahiro Kaneko, who happened to be part of the staff of Wild Arms 5 as Executive Producer. Can't really know about others, the resources are pretty scarce.

Huh, wonder if he has any connection to Akifumi Kaneko, the former producer for Wild Arms.

Metzen's Warcraft art.

More Metzen art.

And now here's some Samwise art.

tag_metal slug

Gonna post some of mine.

metzen is a hack, samwise always was the superior artist

bump

Beautiful example how bethesda fuck up the finest art materials…

F

There's some nice stuff in this thread.

Sleep tight friends.

I know Holla Forums hates Halo and Destiny but Isaac Hannaford's art is fucking amazing

Dude has like 9 different art styles, and all of them are great, and he can do character designs, weapon/vehicle concepts, environmental art, spaceships, or pretty much anything else equally well

Found a higher res version of that one spaceship piece

The first image here is downscaled and converted to a jpg because the original is a massive 15mb png, but if somebody wants it lemmie know and i'll uipload it somewhere

Last set

You can find his work here:
artstation.com/artist/spaceshipguru
isaachannaford.com/
isaachannaford.tumblr.com/
spaceshipguru.tumblr.com/

The guy who designed the guns for Halo was really good. Didn't some military actually develop a rifle that was a rip off designs not too long ago?

use the original filenames from pixiv idiot, the artist has made dozens of these

All this art is shit tbh. American designs that aren't early fantasy is really shitty looking. Go post this crap on Holla Forums.

Don't mind me, just posting the best video game artist.

Eat shit weeb.

Where do I sign up?

WHY? WHY CAN'T ANYONE PROPERLY PORTRAY FIREARMS IN VIDYA?
There's also a severe lack of trigger discipline in those pictures as well.

Sorry pals, I thought the thread died a week ago

I don't remember this chapter of Umaru

THIS IS MY MOMENT!

what did she mean by this?

What's funny is that the Halo lore in general is pretty /k/ and most of it was established by Bungie employees that into'd firearms

Ya know alot of the Scary Stories monsters would fit in perfectly with Bloodborne. I'm not the only one that see's it right?

Spoilered cause to spooky

I'm amazed that these books never gave me nightmares as a child.