Age of Wushu General

/AoWG/ - Chinese zoology edition

Our guild, 「GREATWALL」, is the most powerful in the world.

Our recent plans were to take Chengdu but this fell through because Chairman Shino is a fucking idiot, we have retreated in shame to our island in Scholar's instead and now watch the gentle waves and contemplate suicide.

Bigbo is marrying Harper so don't PK anyone in Eden. Political intrigue to follow, also a really expensive wedding courtesy of our new collective sugar mommy.

We're friendly with Wrath. Northernfist are bully targets and we've spent some fun time shitting on them.

Nobody knows when the second chapter and second inner are coming out but everyone thinks it'll be soon. Maybe this month? Maybe next month? It is a mystery.

Other urls found in this thread:

contest.mmosite.com/index.php/activity/sendkey/age_of_wushu_giftpack_giveaway
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also we have a discord server but I'm not posting it here, login to White Tiger 2 and ask someone.

the art of the ruler is beyond me

You know what i really hate? I told him to put WV third on so i could punch him when i spy and get scrolls; he tells me he intentionally put scholar second on and then logged out forever.

owned

to all those we lost
;-;7

yeah, rip

and nothing of value was lost

Oh, i have the faggot on my steam list; he was playing league like less than a week ago. Playing Shadowverse Right now, whatever that is. Mentioned the thread to him, turns out he's off on a business trip or some shit. No idea why he's playing shit NOW but fuck it, whatever, fuckin' technology.

Is this game fun?
Should I install it?

I think any MMO is fun for the first month or three; everything's fresh and exciting and you're just happy to be puttering around. More over, the White Tiger 2 server launched like two weeks ago, so it's at the point of more or less least bullshit, and therefore fun; word on the street is it's going to stay as un-bullshit as possible, too. So, if you're gonna jump in and try it, sooner's better than later.

PVP TIME BOYOS GET READY WE SERVER ENEMY NOW

Actually, I saved everyone in the guild from owning a shitty Chengdu base that we'd have to defend every week against the Vietnamese. Now we have this great island base and nothing could be better. It's a beautiful slice of paradise in this hell we call the Jianghu. *crys* *the tears are blood* *breeds to death* *doesnt care*

In all seriousness, if all goes accordingly, we'll have two bases before long. I've been doing research on how to run multiple bots in parallel without disrupting my gameplay on whatever client I'm using. At the moment, I've got sandboxie set up with 5 different wushu clients (1 for my main, 2 for VIP alts, and then 2 for non-vip alts that I'll be botting on). I've at least figured out a way to send key inputs to inactive windows, so the next step is to write a script that sends the necessary inputs to the 2 non-vip clients for them to do whatever they need to do (to start, it'll be carting). While my CPU isn't happy about it, I think that 8-10 clients might be within the realm of possibility.

There's a lot that could be said, but to summarize today's events:

Additionally:

it is fun, and yes, you should install it.
if you're going to try to play, post your name in the thread and one of us will contact you ingame. The game won't be tolerable otherwise, the mechanics are too esoteric.

I recall OverLord very pointedly NOT being an asshole, so i'd say Hephaestus. Not that i knew either particularly well, of course.

If it's an alt botting guild, why not Woodpunk? That's how all these chinese wooden robot combat dummies work, after all.

Do tell. When I need to automate something, I use AHK, and its ability to do that is lacking at best.

Jesus Christ I remember there being some controversy in China over the slave trading and rape storylines in this game but it looks like they censored the fuck out of the offline slave trading.

Now you don't buy knockout drugs anymore but it's an "illicit contract" (despite the icon very clearly being drugs) and when you use it on an offline player you have a chance to "acquire their belongings". Despite the sack visibly squirming on your back and whoever you sell it to claiming that they'd pay you well for the slave. About the competence I'd expect Snail to have when handling something like this.

there's a function, controlsend, that can be used to send inputs to a process based on its title or its unique ID. It's simple enough.

Are there any updated versions of these graphs for sixth inners and subsects? I wouldn't know where to begin looking.

I need some help amigos.

I'm doing beggar memes again but this time I have much more clarity with regards to the future of the school and everything so I'm trying to plan things out instead of just going full retard and spending cult in a million stupid places. Planning this in advance is difficult and I was curious if I could get some advice. I'm split between being an internal shitter and using Lotus Palm or switching off to external and using Crying Stick, beggars 5th and eventually my trademark pizzadoggo staff. At the moment I'm mainly leveling my inner and just getting Lotus Palm and Crying Stick to level 3. Basically I'm split between 3 options:

Be internal:

Be external:

Be some horrifying combination of both:

Anyway these honestly all seem like decent paths to follow but I have no idea. I'm terrified of being a gimped shitter like I was on golden panda so please advise. I'm sort of leaning towards external at the moment but it makes me feel strange either ignoring or using the beggar meridian in that setup.

Every quarterstaff set but one (Soul Cross Chasing Stick) is external, so if you want to be a stickswinger, you're never gonna make use of that beggar merid. The smart thing to do (read: played out bullshit that every mother fucker will do when it releases) is wait for Dog Beating Staff and Raining Wine inner; with those, you'll be a glorious golden god.

If you wanna be an indie hipster faggot, go for lotus palm and maybe be a yang/hard internal fister; aim for ancient Dragon Claw and Eagle Claw and maybe the WV fist set.

the fourth option is to choose another school, beggar isn't so good right now.
But if you're going to stay beggar, go external and go all into beggars fifth or the subsect sets (chanfeng 2nd set is good).

my man you are trying to swim upstream

I live with shitty internet. Can i PvP at 400ms?

Oh, right, fifth sets exist. Isn't beggar's fifth set internal barehand, too? I can't see the info from NPCs and ixthUA doesn't have the info on his video.

Long answer:
No.

External.

Did no-one else notice this?

thats the joke

i thought it was a gazelle

well, apparently the rewards from t2 bases are like 3x the rewards from t1 bases, so we're in a very difficult position.
The very best option right now is to abandon ship, leave one person behind to collect the rewards from this guild base, and pile into a new guild. I'm going to try to write the script to automate the carts from multiple clients in parallel tomorrow, but it won't be enough, because there are bound limits to consider. Whatever we do now, I'm not sure it'll be enough, but we need to act fast.

If you agree, we need to vote on a new guild name and very quickly.

You could always just bid on the t2 base with the current guild, and have the spare get a lesser one. Or pray like fuck you get another guild level and aim for Suzhou.

i was promised a cute korean

we're one of five level 2 guilds on the server, depending on how far the others are from level 2 we might have until next week. we'd have to run a lot of carts to put up a fat bid.

if none of the emergency plans come through we also have the option of waiting for one of the bigger guilds to dissolve, which will absolutely happen, then either bid on the base then or if they try to war transfer it we snipe the last wardec bid.

in the meantime i'm leveling two characters. i don't care what the guild is but i'm in favor of jeb!!! jokes personally

I was told i'd be making love to Betty Grable on the White House lawn by Christmas.

no, we have scholars
you can't have more than one base

Fact: if you have a base and declare on another (and win), you move bases. And if that base is occupied and they don't capture YOUR base in return, it becomes vacant.

yeah, just found that out this morning.
And I don't know why the hell no one told me.
This is good, though, everything becomes much easier now.

There's a lot of shit i never mention because i never think to, like filling your item bag for chao heng brocades or hunting the Heartless/Cruel 7 hero NPC with team allocation to send demon possession tablets to your mail. Or like how every speed boost matters when you have windrider or Speed Up.

Eden is back on KOS.
I can't take screenshots while I'm running clients in sandboxie (need to redpill myself on how to fix this), but harper came at me after I pked some walkers with Mars, and got absolutely shrekt; currently sitting in jail because he bountied me.
Since we started pking Eden again, I've noticed a very clear decrease in the number of them that can be found around Chengdu. I can do a full sweep without finding a single one, they're scared to be in the main city.

speaking of PPAP

Hey, I've been meaning for a while to mock up some shitty infographic about the many and varied ways to boost cultivation so we can all effectively powerlevel ourselves. BigBo is insanely redpilled on this and I've asked him a few times and I think basically what he told me is:

Can anyone think of anything else?

Well, there's the new world- OH WAIT. Houses can have meditation mats and dining tables for boosts. When the second internal breaks open, wulin books can give pills for lesser inners. Some people tend to idle in feng shui spots; it's a low as fuck boost, but it's something. Whenever they become available again, there's martial gift card pills. There's non-cashshitter manuals you can use, but they're far less effective in both quality and quantity. You didn't mention team practice or silver training, which, while so basic you probably don't need to, is still worth having front and center. Mail pills and event rewards are probably a given but also worth a note somewhere. At 2000 on wednesday and saturday, there's the Xu Defying Evil event; no idea how well you can take the boss, but it's 12k in pills (you can eat 20 a week), and a roll on a campfire book for non-Xu and the guy's head for Xu.

As a note for the wild shen herbs, they seem to respawn after 24 hours, so you can grab one with some regularity if you know where to find it.

EJ rankings eventually
ATS dailys :^)
weekly one power redemption box

oh, skill verification from carts is a big one

we sword masters now

I thought this was China, not Thailand

nope it was japan all along

Empire will be tokening RandomPK and Eden tonight, so be ready for that.

In addition, for bidding on Wednesday (only wednesday for territory bids, right?), we'll be preventing randompk and Eden from getting their bids in. -50 GBP for failing to attend.

Yeah, the monday bids are only for exhibition matches; gives a buff for the saturday war, but nobody cares that much.

Rest in pieces you glorious bastards. I'll never forget you.

does this look good

i can destroy it if needs be.

Heartless Seven NPC is for an hour. You get two invitations for possessions; tabs and lanterns are separate. I personally spy for clear soul pills; they also come from random daily scene quests. The daily quests at the Yanyu pier also has SOME pills. I haven't bothered to test it but i THINK you can do the barrel one forever. IK may give a massive infusion as well for a perfect round; no idea if the infusion and chi are separate events for an individual, but i've seen both a chi and infusion bonus in a single IK, for different people.

I just remembered another one: if you can be a martial brother (gotta be IN a school, have maxed second, third, or fourth inner for your school or level 30 second or third inner of other schools [they mention level 40 fourth of other schools but thats not a reality yet]) you can get pills out the ass for it, especially if you get someone before level 5. Not something you can do on the new server, but still.

Did they ever fix the NPC reputation system? I remember when the game first went western they discovered that there was a bunch of stuff hidden behind befriending certain NPC's by giving them gifts. It was painfully slow and there was no way of knowing whether the NPC in question would give you anything.

I also remember walking around and encountering strange buildings which have no reason to exist and that were filled with enemies. What was their deal?

might as well stick a list of all the fiddly little ways you can get extra cult at the bottom and let people ask about them if they're curious

yanyu dailys, EJ rankings, tornadoes, etc

no that's still how it is. people have homed in on a few important NPCs though.

some of those turned into quest locations, a lot of them are still just empty buildings full of hostile Meat Eating Buddhists and Manchu Ethnic Group Travelers and Vow Breaking Monks.

Yanjing base get!

I sent out horses to four people, but I have four left, so if you need one, just send me a message, or post here. First come first served, I guess.
No horses for normalfags.

Remember to grind materials and upgrade the stables for more horses.

Also i see they haven't fixed the name orientation. Not big surprise.

LEVELS YOU DUMB FAGGOT

YOU NEED LEVELS TO CHOP RIGHT

OTHERWISE YOURE JUST JERKING OFF WITH AN AXE AND SHIT THE BASE DOESNT EVEN NEED PINE AT THE MOMENT CHRIST FOCUS YOUR EFFORTS

t. Max Lifeskills

ill post the other fearless clips later; this seems more thematically appropriate

tfw no western fencing set ever again

feels bad man

fuck you i still want drunken boxing

Welp, that's one more off the bucket list. This is a lot easier once you get access to Delightful Island, by the way; there's twenty groups of NPCs, mostly clumped together.

Selfie for verification.

either we need a little script, or we need to strike a deal with dugu.
work is not valuable for its own sake tbh

why dont you just top up ten dings and buy mats :^)

i was a level 3 lumberjack, level 4 now. pine requires 6 or so to produce in the kind of numbers that we need. it'll come with time.

This is on BD, but still, this is the second-most recent cash set, and it wasn't even received all that well. They clearly haven't given up their bullshit.

I didn't play with you guys, but… aren't you in a guild of one now?

Well, that depends on what the exact boundaries of a guild are, in regards to people who don't play; nearly everyone's still around, just not on THAT server.

But yeah, just me. I'm not a social butterfly and i play for the game and the grind, not the player interaction. Maybe if something else unlocks on BD but not on WT2, like the four aristocratic family sets, people will come back to fuck around with it. But, since fifth school sets and subsects (which i called) are on WT2, i don't see why the next update wouldn't launch on there, also.

BROB COME PLAY WITH US YOU FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

thats funny; i was yelling that internally every day for a year but nobody ever came back

I went and tested it; turns out at that Yanyu Villa pier you can help out each individual NPC twice a day. Gives 1k infusion each and sometimes an unbound 5agg, except the item donation which gives cult.

savage

I swear, playing this just makes me miss lodes more the more I do it. If there was just some way to talk with the old guard again I'd feel better.

contest.mmosite.com/index.php/activity/sendkey/age_of_wushu_giftpack_giveaway

Four days left, lads. Didn't realize there was a time limit on this, last time i looked.

this is about the best i can do for ya

WHERE THE FUCK IS THEWOLF

ARE YOU OUT THERE MY MAN

*AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

probably pozzed to death or meth'd to pieces
rip

squatz

with each cart, we grow stronger

Why would anyone cart in Emei, though?

We got a gold guild cart to deliver to Emei. I cant remember why Priscila was there though, he probably had his own cart but I was about to rock.

yeah he hopped off his own cart and landed in the same spot

dont lets all keep to the discord chat; thats how you form cliques

This server is supposed to be less p2w, right? Anyone know if Wulin has a server like that?

I might want to give it a go again, but my ping is too shit to have fun with you guys again.

As far as i know, Wulin just has the one server. On the other hand, Wulin has all the cash sets available, so it's still SLIGHTLY less bullshit than the Blue Dragon server. Also, it likely still has more people, but that's just a wild guess.

wulin is still pretty anti fun though, because instead of just the whales having cancer sets and making pvp hell, EVERYONE has cancer sets and pvp is just a giant aoe cc shitfest

Yes, well, that's really just the game, isn't it? You wait until the WT2 whales start buying ancient taichi frags, and that'll be the new cancer, by which i mean the old cancer but with nothing better to compete with it.

That being said, i'm told the fifth school sets are pretty bullshit, besides.

rip woozer, we will put your resources to use

Shit, he didn't even make it a month this time. Did he have a good reason like BillyHerrington did, or just 'fuck chinagame'?

Embed unrelated.

It was just fuck chinagame. I really enjoyed playing with you all but there's just too much time gating grindy bullshit for the small level of fun I get to have occasionally.

And it is very occssional, it is righteously unfun to fight most people. Getting stuck in 3 second charge animations back to back to back is not fun; parry breaks that lock you out of your skills for 10 seconds and stun you for 5 are not fun. And everyone has access to such a set now that 5th is out.

But this is just personal bitching. I am not encouraging anyone to stop playing chinagame. I'm sure most people in the guild are having a good time, I'm just done. Hope to meet you lads again though, you're a cool bunch.

pretty soon im gonna be down to nothing but Moukou spam; maybe ill copy/paste the text explanations form Gelbooru

This is incorrect. OverLord is actually a huge raging cunt. He just hides it well at first.

Ah. Well, all i know is OverLord has never stomped me when i've wandered past, where as i'm FAIRLY SURE Heph has; that puts him lower on the faggot rankings, i'd say. Admittedly, i don't actually remember every time i got rolled just for walking by, but i think i'd remember the hate if OverLord ever did it to me. Incidently, BishopOfHell was a cool dude; a shame he rolled with the viet oil barons.

Goddamn Jackie Chan was a fucking beast

I never bothered with storing shen herbs, but turns out it just drops if you log out. So, you know, heads up for that.

WELP NOW WE'RE DOWN TO MOUKOU-POSTING IF YOU WANT THIS THREAD TO JUST DIE FEEL FREE TO TELL ME

Just came back from mining coal

On Chinese internet, "mining coal" and "handling bricks" usually refer to a nickel and dime job, payment is low yet working is hard, and will always mess up your clothing. One can also claim to be working in these two professions, which is basically saying "I'm poor".
It is worth noting that this is actually a kind of stereotype from the past, since modern mine workers and brick handlers in China actually get paid quite well (sometimes having better wages than most white collars). Back in the 80s and 90s? Not so much.

Open up! It's an express delivery! The girlfriend you ordered is here…

Express delivery here as a meme is actually a hoax since there are cases where the police in China use phrases like this in order to lower the guard of the person in question and get them to open the door.

I'm gonna blow your chrysanthemum up, believe it or not.

Literal meaning. The intended meaning (jokingly) for 爆菊 (lit. blowing up one's "chrysanthemum") is to screw someone or shove something up their ass so hard they have a torn anus.

yes, let the thread die so I can rewrite the OP.

I'm well aware that I'm late for this but rip woozer, we new u well
Thanks for playing with us. May we meet again in the great Jianghu in the sky.

I want to sexualize the Moukou.