A portable console that FITS IN A POCKET

I want either

A) A Gameboy Micro (which sells for ~$120 or more in good condition) and a flash cart ($20 to $40, I assume)

OR

B) A hackable/moddable system (or kit) that can play/emulate GBA games and/or Arcade/NeoGeo games, has actual physical buttons (not just a smartphone), and is no larger than the size of a US Dollar Bill

I've done a lot of searching and can't find much in the way of option B other than maybe trying to get the NeoGeo X, but that's like shopping for a unicorn. The GBA Micro is the best looking choice right now, but I'm worried about the availability of GBA Flash carts in 2016.

Please, Holla Forums, I need assistance with this.

Other urls found in this thread:

pt.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Selling-8Bitdo-Zero-Mini-Wireless-Bluetooth-V2-1-Game-Controller-Gamepad-Joystick-Selfie-for-Android/32734617635.html
k1gbasp.com/
k1gba.com/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not that hard.

Just buy a Tablet + Bluetooth controller you fucking mongoloid, why limit yourself to GBA GAMES?

PSP is too fat.

Also I already have one.

Because GBA games are actual fucking games and not phone games.

PSP. Easy as fuck CFW, can play up to PS1 comfortably (except for SNES).

N3DS can play almost every Nintendo console easily. DS loading via SD card getting better day by day as well.

Vita hacked can do what PSP does, with some extra emulators and shit.

Overkill, GPD Win. Computer size of DS, probably emulate a good amount of shit on it. Can run Mario Sunshine fullspeed.

Then buy a smartphone or even a New 3DS, retard.
Jesus Christ, are you this autistic?

I don't want a clamshell device and I have a clamshell smartphone.

HOLY SHIT YOU DUMB FUCK JUST BUY A ODROID C2 FOR $40

PSP does this and it fits in my pocket. Do you wear those homo skinny jeans?

Well you can either buy that Gameboy or PSP or any other crackable console.

Or you can actually follow this faggot buy or construct as small PC as you can, print case for it and essentially make DIY laptop. You should be able to order 3D printed component from somewhere.

Alternatively Nvidya Shield or if you are not retarded use your phone and emulators on it.
We all went through this. Buy a controller for your phone, preferably one with phone holder.

PSP Go is for you.

Holy fuck user I was searching for such thing. Thank you, my days with Raspberry are over.

I'm not /g/ enough to put together something without a guide and a kit, and even then all the guides and kits out there demand a touchscreen (which I don't want) or external keyboard

I could pass the project off to my more tech savvy friend, but I need a proper housing of the size I'm looking for and all the proper bits and bobs like buttons and a d-pad that isn't shit.

I can fit my Vita and 3DS XL in my pocket, but they're cumbersome. The Vita especially so because of the thumbsticks. I'm interested in a small gaming device of size that rivals the Gameboy Micro, not just any old handheld.

I want a specific thing, here, and I was wrong in thinking anyone on Holla Forums would have any off-hand knowledge for this kind of thing.

This is my phone.

I want a separate device as a handheld. And, as I've said many many times before, I want it to be SMALL. Not smallish, SMALL.

be a faggot and spend the 120 buckaroos, then, faggot/////

The Nvidia Shield Tablet actually can run ubuntu(t4l).

and I deleted my funny gif because I don't want a faggot like you (OP) downloading it

You fucks do realise what "pocket sized" means, right?

Just blow in from halfchan?

Get bigger pockets.

Look ok, really my suggestion would be to buy new phone.

But I already said that what you are looking for is PSP GO.
I keep mine in my pocket together with my wallet, sometimes I forgot I have it there.

And I missed funny gif while searching for image of PSP GO with a hand for scale, fuck you OP.

Like this?

you missed out on a nice image and now you're playing like you don't want to own a copy, I read faggots like you for breakfast

I'm going to also say "PSP Go" as it's only 0.65 inches thick.

Holy shit user this this nice. How's the battery?

Let me guess, you're a nu-male with skin tight jeans and a manlet aswell?

Get a GBA instead. It folds nicely and has a great library.

Alternatively, you could just use your phone for emulation and carry a gamepad with you. There are keychain sized ones like this:

pt.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Selling-8Bitdo-Zero-Mini-Wireless-Bluetooth-V2-1-Game-Controller-Gamepad-Joystick-Selfie-for-Android/32734617635.html

Or you can carry a bigger one with an attachment for your phone. However, if you know you will have access to a table, you can get one of those credit card shaped phone stand and keep it in your wallet, and attach the keychain phone to your keyring.

Another alternative is to get an Xperia Play and use it as your phone. Its surprisingly good for emulation, running even Monster Hunter pretty well. Its kinda old as a phone, but as long as you dont plan on using much more than the music player, some very light browsing and the occasional whatsapp messaging you will do just fine. Remember to OC it to 1.6ghz, buy an extended battery (I recommend a 2.600 mha one, mine goes for hours of overclocked gaming) and install a good rom like AuroraPlay. It can easily be used as a daily driver, as long as your main thing with your phone is gaming.

Beyond that, the only alternative that is smaller than that would be the Micro you mentioned, unless you wanna cough up money to get something custom made.

The "GPD XD" is better. Design is exactly like the 3ds xl, and i think its more powerful. I can play kh bbs on it with minimal frame drops now, with all the updates to ppsspp.

GET THE MICRO

Scalpers, not even fucking once
Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever

I'm going to start working on building my own handheld using a SolidRun x86 (Intel Atom based) SBC. I haven't decided the form factor but I think it's going to be folded and have a keyboard (not sure on other input yet).

It's going to be expensive but I really do want something capable and with the full library of software available to x86 PCs on both linux and windows. I have a bunch of other handhelds from a GP2X to PocketCHIP, GBA to PSP and none of them really do everything I want. It's worth the price if I actually want to use it and can eliminate all of the hassles or complete brick walls trying to get software to compile for (and have hw accel, decent performance) on ARMshit

Any suggestions?
The one I bought is filth and barely works.
I honestly prefer screen buttons to that piece of shit.

Dont get a fucking micro, they are very expensive for what they are and restrict you to GBA only. Why would you do that?

just get a psp go or a GPD XD

What kind of manlet can't fit a PSP in their pocket?

Absolutely fantastic for general use. When I use it for Pandora radio at work it takes at least six hours of nonstop use before it gets low enough to be worrying.

What console do you prefer to emulate for less than 30 minutes at a time while waiting for a movie or event to start?

why not get a device that can do gba AND other stuff? for the same price?

Read the opening post. Smaller than a dollar bill. I want a SMALL console.

I have a DS Phat Original with an R4, a hacked PSP 3001, a New 3ds XL I got on release, a PS Vita, and a Windows 10 tablet for VNs.

I don't need an all-in one device, I don't need a versatile media device, I don't need a handheld PS1, I just want an adorably small handheld (but still big enough to be usable/seeable) that functions as a game system with a library of more than a handful of crappy homebrew games or popstation shit.

I just want a small handheld console.

That's it, guys. That's all I'm looking for.

Read my FUCKING posts you mongoloid.

If you have more of these I will take them off you.

The fucking Grinch one gets me every time.

Stop being gay

There's plenty of emulators for Android and they work well. See also
There's also the Dingoo (pic related) and this GBA clone k1gbasp.com/ (there's an SP shaped one here k1gba.com/) both support SD cards and thus pirating ROMs.

The xperia play is pretty good for what you want and since it's android you actually have some decent emulators.

How's the a380e? Where can I buy one?

>using a phone to ingest constant advertisements and transmit all your data to (((them)))
Nigger, it's like you WANT to get fucking robbed.

Stop living in nigger infested communities, retard.

i don't have black people in my area, walking around with headphones on is perfectly safe as long as i look before crossing the street.

Don't you mean Holla Forums, faggot?

I'm not sure what the best place is, but there's one for $80 on eBay ending tomorrow and there's a 320 on aliexpress.

Niggers are neither restricted to staying in their ghettos nor is any neighborhood without them. There's always one.

It's the nigger you don't notice that shoots you in the back of the skull for your phone. By all means, continue dulling your senses and not being aware of your full surroundings.

the fuck is aliexpress?

A fun fact from Akio Morita's autobiography: when Sony introduced the Walkman, they wanted to market it as "pocketable". However, they just couldn't make it small enough. The solution was… adding slightly bigger pockets to the uniforms of their salesmen. Try that solution!

Chink Amazon

More like Chink eBay, I think.

dragonbox pyra

Are you a woman ?

And what if I am?

Would that bother you?

begone semen demon

Noted, that's a sort of project I haven't attempted yet.

No but now would be the time to consider going full tomboy, if only for those sweet, manly deep pockets.

I think you mean turbodyke.

Only if your butthole-to-vagina measurements are too low.

You stupid retard, just buy a power brick, a screen, tiny keyboard, and USB xbox or dualshock. Then, just make a model of a housing you want (which is super fucking easy, just get a ruler) and order a print off a website. Piece everything together (no soldering required) and you're done.

I'm stupid with my hands and rip apart tiny wires.

There is no need for a portable console so small when you can just stick a small vibrator up your ass for similar effect.

christ how small are your pockets >>1

There aren't any tiny wires involved. You plug the screen into the hdmi, the battery pack into the power port, and the keyboard into the USB socket

I'm impressed by how much they self bumped this thread to get this many replies, though.

Buy a fucking PSP Go or the GBA Micro. Those are your two choices that aren't retarded.

dslite + dstwo tbh

Is there something wrong with wanting a cute handheld game console?

Just get a PSP Go or a GPD, anything smaller will lose it's novelty since you wouldn't have the same versatility as anything else in the market.
t. user who spends big money for tiny things

you could just get a shitty smartphone and emulate psp games
although the controls are horrible for anything other than jrpgs

if a GBA is too big for your pockets, then get bigger pockets.
also don't like, user, you never leave the house anyway.

GCW Zero would be better if it was cheaper or had HDMI out. But now it's not sold anywhere.

That's done everything I wanted until I started emulating PSX and N64. It's a battery eater though, so my Wiz was better. Haven't used either of those for a while.

I don't trust that aliexpress listing. It might be an A380E which can't run opendingux as far as I know.

Also the SP fits better in the hand and is still tiny. But a PSP Go is a small enough size that it fits everywhere. Even your purse, OP.

Get bigger pockets and carry your full height PC tower around in it.

used it as my phone for more than 4 years now, it's started rebooting itself spontaneously multiple times throughout the day, even when I'm on a call. imagine this happening during a game, repeatedly. xperia play is not a long-term solution.

These are pretty good portable emulator machines. They go for $150-175 USD on ebay. And it's Windows, which has all the best emulators, no RetroArch Android shit.

I'd buy one of those. I want a portable that runs everything up to PS1 and N64 near-perfectly.

You're a faggot.

These cost like $600. Ghey.

But you already have a PS Vita :^)
The retroarch core is pretty decent. You'll need to find the grips for it that add L2 and R2 buttons, unless you feel like awkwardly positioning your hands to use the back touch screen.

Go back to facebook

Unless you have to hold the L2/R2 button, it's not very awkward.

No, the XD is not windows. The GPD Win is. And it's $360. Are you retarded?

I got one of those. The touch circles suck.

PSP you stupid motherfucker.

…What? Are you using the fucking PSP 1k? Even then it fits in your pocket, though.

GBA Micros are pretty hot.

psp1000 and the n3dsXL fits in my pockets, i don't know what kind of super manlet op is, but he's a small manlet for sure

We have a special case here, lads.

for what reason

Pine64 is shit, do not buy it. There is a thread on Holla Forums that links to a dev forum discussing it. Pine64 devs are incompetent and the software for it is severely lacking. Stick to SJWPi since it has active developer scene.

Well OP, Have you heard of the Nokia N-GAGE QD? Back in 2004, this was the tightest shit to an impressionable child. It was pretty much a pseudo-Sega handheld with slightly better graphics than GBA that was also a phone.

Also compact.

OR, like what some before me have said. PSP Go.

Either way, If approached, just say you got your "phone/Antisocial social machine" from eBay.

Enjoy, OP

I remember the N-Gage being advertised to hell on G4.

TechTV was superior but I miss G4 Kristin Holt was the hotness, and the overal era of shitty internet connection and great communities/OC whom. Before being computer savvy was socially acceptable. Before virtue signaling and (((profit))) took priority over making self and others happy.
Would easily trade today's portable tech to have that back, even for a short while.

Back on topic, it was just 6 years ahead of its time is all. Nokia should have just played it safe and built a more dedicated console with IM capabilities at most and sell it as a grown-up game boy. One that should satisfy OP, as they seem to be looking for something that doesn't exist otherwise. It's

SIDETALKIN' FOREVER

god is dead

I threw my original GBA away back in the day because something fell on it and broke the screen. I wish I could go back in time, punch my old self, and fish that thing out of the trash. All that was broken on it was the screen. I could replace it with a backlit screen if I had it today…

I know it's been mentioned, but the PSP Go is great for that. It's tiny, and really easy to hack.
And to you guys mentioning the Odroid C2, it doesn't have a version of Lakka out for it yet. The C1+ is a better choice for now.

I remember seeing Ngage product placements in one of my games. it's weird to see the protagonist whip out an Ngage to take pics of things.