A E S T H E T I C. video games

This thread is dedicated to games that have an ethereal, futuristic feel. Whether it be a racer, a platformer or RPG does not matter.
What counts as A E S T H E T I C is entirely dependent on how you feel about a certain game and what complex emotions they may stirs inside you, think of it as uplifting eye candy.

These types of games may include certain types of music that are, but not limited to:
Synthwave
Future Funk
Drum 'n Bass
Retro Electro
Sometimes simply, they have a deep seated ambiance that relaxes you. It can be either by beautiful visuals themselves or music that gives you a natural high, giving the illusion that your body has transcended time and space itself.

The entire game does not have to be like this, and it is okay to post only certain segments of a game that have this indescribable emotion.

Like so;

And like so;

Do we have like a Vaporcore games chart?

I want to have one! That would be amazing! At the very bottom we can have "semi-vaporcore" for certain situations in game as well, I'd like that a lot!

I'm weak for this

Didn't realize they updated this for PS4

SaiDaiOuJou never ever

EVER

Never ever

Played through Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere, and even navigating the menus is aesthetic as fuck. But the intro man, it's amazing. It was everything I was hoping it would be.

There's this obscure Dreamcast game that the composer uploaded the soundtrack to in 2014 after learning about Vapourwave.

I can't find gameplay footage for this game anywhere

It's unreleased, but here's an image.

Fuck yeah end 1990s, early 2000s racing games! I still love the menus of the Colin Mcrae Rally 3, from the soudtrack to the layout.

You niggers need to step it up.

FUCK the monolith dungeon in this game though. Fuck it.

Dwarf fortress with working rendermax

Shit, I'm going to need to break out my C64 library, aren't I?

Snatcher, fuck yeah.

Baller.

Imbedded is one of my fav game intros ever, and I think it's got a place ITT. Cheers.

I think you'll like this, user.

Ooh!!! This looks good!

Got you covered

Patrician choices.

Hey are you rusing me?

sublevel zero: shitty 6dof rougelite
Nitronic rush: cool racean gaem
and borderlands the pre sequel. shut up, I like it

You aint muh niggga.

How do I reverse google search images on Holla Forums? No results every time.

Nevermind, it's just Opera being a piece of shit in this case.

You old ass opera becoming more and more difficult now as internet slowly but surely bents over for jewgle.

sorry man, I just can't stand floaty controls

Unf, this looks so fucking good.

I don't remember any floaty controls. I might reinstall it just to check.

I came here to post extreme-G. It really captured that murky inexplicable N64 early-3d weirdness really well.
Plus its soundtrack could easily make a vaporwave album.

Also there's this one obscure SNES platformer which I thought was called Sword Maniac but is actually called X-Kaliber 2097 in english regions which hits every dodgy japanese future trope in existence as well as being maybe the edgiest fucking thing on the console

I like it! Ever played Omega Boost? It has the same feeling, more or less.

Oh fuck you right, game indeed has some sort of mouse smoothing going on, even if you disable it in options.
I need to find fix for this shit.

Did you find a fix?

To my knowledge that isn't the opera. 8ch blocked google some time ago so you can't reverse image search directly from here, you have to save them and then do a search

I actually have the cartridge. Or did you want the whole mint boxed set?

Tetris

This game was mentioned a while ago in another thread so I downloaded the thing and emulated it. Turnes out I actually got pretty invested in the games vibe and I try to mention it when AESTHETIC comes up. Because without it the game would probably be kinda forgettable. The OST alone should kind of convey the tone the game carries with it. The lore is also pretty fucking radical and awesome but they pretty much pass over it which is sad. The OST carries the tone to be honest.

No, apparently it is not a bug, but a feature. Devs insisted that this is how they imagined space craft "feel" should be.
So yeah, they be like "deal with nerds".

Wrong song choice. Still a good one though.

which splinter cell is on 4th pic?

Chaos Theory, the best one.

Wipeout

Thanks man, listening to it now.

condemn those who blaspheme forever ever

I played the Vita one, it was like a vaporwave fever dream.

Bump.

Perfect Dark's OST is pretty aesthetic. There's a 60FPS + mouse hack bundle floating around if you didn't play it back in the day. It and Goldeneye have damn good single player campaigns that still hold up.

Too bad that the enhanced X360 re-release that made the game look as good as an early PS2 title never got a PC release.

I especially love that every theme has a high energy variant for intense sequences. Love any game with dynamic soundtracks.

What a shame. Rare didn't deserve their fate.
I bet there's a texture pack for N64 emulators if you're into that.

Perfect Dark had something great going.

I wonder if we will ever get the original tracks like how some of the Goldeneye tracks were released in their full original compositions.

You can most likely find some remasters on hcs64.com
If it used SC-55 or anything similar, that is.

Big + to Policenauts. Loved the atmosphere of that game.

Also I know it's recent and a little "basic bitch" but I love the aesthetics of Deus Ex: HR (haven't played Mankind Divided). It's by far my favorite cyberpunk world.

Excellent taste. My favorite track in the game.

Snatcher has some great stuff. Really need to play Policenauts one of these days.

Fucking Scott.
Go back to this damn it. I hate that FNAF took this way from me.

I think I know why OP considers this one "aesthetic…"

V A P O R W A R E

Nah, I got the picture from another user who had a thread in the same time, his title was vague, so I told him I'd make this thread if he deleted his.
I've never even seen gameplay of the game, honestly.

Wonder who that funder was. I'd never even heard of this game before, sounds like it could have been one of those games that turns out pretty weird but in a good way.

Hotline Miami 1 and 2 are some of the most
A E S T H E T I C games there are.
Especially this song sounds like pure vaporwave

Nah it's a Sheffield thing. A thing that's gone now.