So what does Holla Forums think of private property? Am I allowed to own a plot of land...

So what does Holla Forums think of private property? Am I allowed to own a plot of land? Am I allowed to inherit it from my father and give it to my son?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_theory_of_property
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Spook, will be busted. No, but if you live there you can work it. No.

how the fuck do you own space nigga lmao

You may pass your home on to your son of he wants to live there. You may not own land.

private property is theft, labour property is not
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_theory_of_property
I personally belive humans should be allowed to own a portion of land solely for private use, but this has to be in a way equitative for everyone, so every can own an acre and so on

The toothbrush is mine.

I purchase the land from the previous owner using currency that he can further use to obtain items that he desires

You cannot own land in a communist society.

So how do I live an isolationist life in a communist society?

Not all of us are commies. I have no problem with land inheritance as long as it's being occupied or used (including agriculturally) in some capacity.

Inherently destructive. Nothing wrong with personal property (having stuff that's yours) but if you use it to serve an economic function that doesn't give you absentee rights to stop someone else from working it when you're not.

Fuck no. A person can't own natural, unmodified resources or a source of them like land. If you work it you can use it though, and nobody can stop you from using it unless they are using it more efficiently.

Nobody inherits anything. All children are given goods and services that will best serve them to become adults, and from there it's up to them to find a place in society.

enjoy your utility monster

why do people care about inheritance so much? nobody cares about your middle class tears

This. Most of you proles aren't going to inherit anything of worth anyways.

Haha holy fuck no

It would be stupid to not have private land ownership for personal use otherwise any asshole could build a road outside your front door.

We want human emancipation and freedom
Rejecting the institution of private property is necessary for this
Preventing you from living in your own little plot of land away from everyone is not

Same as now. You go where the population density is very low.

you don't

You are comically missing the point.
You're a funny guy, user.

go innawoods?

he can if he wants. but like now, he shouldn't expect much in the way of support

Where did the previous owner get the right to the land? And the owner before him? Go far enough back and it just becomes "because I said so."
Property is theft.

there was a good cartoon that said this, anyone got it?

Yes, but it should be limited and should never be used as a form of investment or trading.

All personal property is yours.
Yes, but you can't rent it out or use it to wagecuck people.
Yes.

Are you one of those who cannot differentiate between private and personal?

Plot of a land by itself is not private property. Private property is the land you can't effectively use yourself - absentee ownership.

Specific definition of how much land is "too much" depends on specific situation, of course.

This. Until you find the original native humans and restore their property rights, shut up and stop crying.

What was taken in the first place under the threat of warfare can always be taken again under the threat of warfare. I don't see the moral dilemma.

Who enforces the lack of property rights?

It's theft. Read Proudhon.
So long as you do not need/use exploitative labor practices (wage workers, slaves, etc) to work that land, it can be considered personal property.
Insofar as you all are actually utilizing it. If you "inherit" the land from your father and continue to use it as he had, then its fine to keep. If your son "inherits" the land and proceeds to fuck off elsewhere and never make use of the land, it will not be kept in his name in his absence.

The person you are stealing land from

If you try to take away the labour property of a worker, he will shoot you

Communism opposes private property. An example of this is hiring someone to work for you on land you own. Since this must be forbidden in Communism, someone must enforce the illegality of such contracts, right?

You are allowed to live and do whatever you want on a plot of land. Inheritance is not allowed.

The worker

If there is no police force enforcing private property, what makes you belive the worker will let you exploit his surplus value

Think about this, I started farming watermelon in my aunt's ranch, and I have to pay rent, if I dont, police comes and takes me to jail

Without police, what makes you belive I will pwy rent?

If they can obtain more goods from being exploited, a worker may go along with it.

Surez but such thing is virtually impossible

How do I get more goods by getting less goods?

The inheritance of wealth is a means for maintaining the grip of oligarchs on society. Land is most prominent form of it.

Under fascism, yes.

You use land. Your son use land. No one own land