Fighting Game General: Ultron and Sigma Confirmed? Edition

Killgore announced. It costs U$10.00 with half being send to the Ultra Tour tournament series.
New Ultimate for Jago revealed.

Kuma and Panda announced for Tekken 7:FR. They're different characters now with different moves and rage arts.
Console version will feature an online tournament mode where people can play out tournament brackets with each other online, with single-elimination and double-elimination, both settings included.
NJPW colaboration detailed with customization items for many characters, new costume for King and a new Rainmaker Rage Art exclusively for King as well.
Tekken Revolution to cease support in March 2017. (RIP Eliza)

Patch 1.10 revealed at PSX with graphical improvements, two new colors for each character, many new icons, titles and Party Mode special effects. This update will be free and released on January 11.
Athena '98 costume will be free until January 22.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system. More info in February.

Akuma released for Street Fighter V along with the season 2 balance patch.
Season 2 will have Akuma and 5 more characters coming in 2017.

More news coming in 2017.
Game received a graphical update. IGN's recent video with Supergirl shows new lightning, shaders, faces and textures.

The PC version is out on Steam. Costs U$49.99 for standard, U$64.99 with DLC (Kum, Dizzy, Raven, every Voice Pack, Color Pack and SIGN costume for Elphelt)
Bonus Soundtrack during the 1st month for every purchase.

Ironman, Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers), Captain America, X, Ryu and Morrigan have been confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. It won't feature assists but tag ins are available at all times. The system will revolve around choosing from one of the Infinity Gems to customize your team, each having a different effect. Recently there has also been a leak for what might be the game's full roster. This may or may not be true.

Steam version released for U$29.99.
PC version adds new victory animations, colors, animated stage backgrounds and settings in training mode are now saved. All DLC are included and is the most currentupdated version of the arcades (ver 1.08).

Arcana Heart 4 was announced at an event being held by Examu recently. There's going to be a Patreon style campaign for the game.

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html

>Previous thread: archive.is/Uem89

Other urls found in this thread:

shmuplations.com/kof94/
dualshockers.com/2017/01/01/dualshockers-game-of-the-year-2016-awards-triumph-final-fantasy-xv-goty/
steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements
store.steampowered.com/app/389730/
game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/newproject/
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/817341094291570688
youtube.com/watch?v=boM7T3BWewY&list=PLtpdTxEEB2piENYi0M0mSFAgwyjMELSQ1&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=hJEJ8PJXoaM
twitch.tv/neoam_acho/v/113219090?t=01h10m00s
twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki
streetmodders.deviantart.com/
clips.twitch.tv/imstilldadaddy1985/ShyOryxNoNoSpot
archive.is/OuseY
twitter.com/takaya_coucho/status/817516958685892608
twitter.com/HAM_Renegade/status/818959281282236416
archive.is/kf1ud
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mains part 1

mains part 2

wasn't that leak deconfirmed by some NeoFAG?

I'm hyped for Venom, Gene, Nina, Power Stone, Tessa, Phoenix reworked, Captain Commando finally coming back, and Roll coming back hopefully a la TvC

other than that the roster looks meh as fuck

My mains for KOF 14 are Ralf, Clark, and Leona, but I'm not feeling Leona. I'm used to my charge characters being M. Bison or Balrog and it throws me off.

Is it normal for KOF mains to be mixes and matches of teams?

yes. You don't have to use everyone in the Ikari team. Also I don't play charge characters, so I might be wrong, but charge move timing changes from one fighting game franchise to another.

It's almost weirder to have them allbe from the same team, honestly.

Heh.

And alright, I guess I'll fiddle around. Everyone's so fashionable though.

It's super rare for people to pick an entire canon team. The compositions are rarely suited for competitive play.

Pick whoever you like.

Goddamn do I hate charge characters.

SUFFEEEEEEEER.

Also I just can't get into the game anymore, not for the third time. 2015 needs a home version already.

Pray that the new Dissidia reboot arcade game in Japan gets a PS4 port.

Wait, I misread your post, that's exactly what you were implying.

Time for bed.

Day fucking one if true

That's been a stated goal for them, but if I remember right, it won't be for over a year from when the game was released in arcades.

Are you this retard? This is CRAPCOM, in the CURRENT YEAR.
This shit will have more than half of the cast behind a paywall, stage, colors, costumes, combos as DLC…
DO NOT FALL FOR IT AGAIN! They are probably rushing this to try to recover from SF V!

I would agree, however what they have lately said may give us a bit of hope.
It seems that they understood that rushing a product is bad and that they need to put more effort into it, that is why DMC5 was not announced on 2016 because they are taking more time with it.

With a bit of luck, Capcom may understand once and for all that quality is far more important that quick cash grabbing. Although I'm afraid they may put quality on MvCI just for them to put 75% behind a paywall as you say.

I agree that Lei should be in the game though. The Tekken team wants to elongate the shelf-life of the game by slowly adding in characters, but unfortunately the case was the game died in popularity quite early. It's likely the last Tekken game…

Hey man, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I really liked her playstyle ever since I had to pick someone else up for the first Tag game.

Do people still play SFV? If so why? A rootkit is probably the worst thing I've ever seen a company try

There is no SFV..

It's weird how many classic characters are just not returning to T7. But, to be honest, Harada is weird when selecting characters.
DA FUQ

It sounds like you might be used to longer charge times. KoF charge times are relatively shorter when compared to SF.

Charge characters in KOF need only 30 frames to charge their moves. And by the nature of the game, they're more agressive, specially Leona (she's arguably the best character in the game in XIV since 1.03). If you want someone more "Street Fighty", play Meitenkun (Ash would be a better option in previous games).

But keep in mind that you're playing KOF and not Street Fighter. Just take a look how Robert plays and a typical shoto in SF.

At least maybe Lei will be in according to rumours. I'll have to deal with a shitty capo wannabe that Harada will defend assuming the haters don't like weeaboo things.

Reposting from last thread.

One guy I know plays it because all the big competitions are now played on SFV. He's the kind of guy who'd defend vanilla SFIV on the same grounds.

Tell me about it dude, can't believe that that shit character is a capo replacement. I remember when Harada got all butthurt and said that the North American version will have a big bald stupid muscly man. A shame I didn't have twitter because I'd respond with "So Marduk for Tekken 7 confirmed?"

Charges in GGxrd are so short that May barely plays like a charge character. Also May is cute and the best.

Doesn't stop them from being charges though. The entire reason Potemkin's 6k loops are so difficult is because they require near frame perfect charging and cancelling. They'd be a million times easier if hammerfall wasn't a charge move.

pretty sure the leak was confirmed fake by the guy that posted it

Bet you he was just some autistic Mexican/Brazilian child who just wanted some attention that he doesn't get from mammy and pappy cause pappy is too busy pimping out mammy so they can come to America illegally.

You know they love their memes.

more like an autistic white guy because they're the only ones that can make fake leaks that gain ground for no real reason

Guess i'll have to buy this one too.

She hasn't showed up in the games since Investigations, i seriously doubt they'd even consider her for a crossover. ;_;

Yep this is too good to be true. This is the dream roster right here.

OK, the game allow for a team of two…
Not going to happen, but, imagine the amount of ass hurt…

Nice, but I'll wait and see how things pan out

I don't have anything against charge characters for fighters in general, but I actually like them in gg.

Yeah no, in all my life, never has a white individual have posted a false leak. It's definitely an autsitic Mexican/Brazilian bean nigger. Again, beaners beg for attention they cannot get from their parents due to their parents being worthless degenerates that are busy whoring out their mother's pussy in hopes they can pay off a coyote to flood America.

The fact he bothered dumping all that dumb fucking detail like a moron, and not with actual subtly proves that the person in question is indeed a mongoloid, a bean. They have no filter, and thus are incapable of being subtle, just like you. I get that beans like to flood fighting game threads, but let's just face the facts.

From your inability to actually be 'good', to the fact you got shitty connections but force yourselves to be among American servers and the like, ruining the experience for others, and on top of all that, being the only ones pathetic enough to use trainers and the like, its just too easy to sniff you guys out when you try to pull shit like that.

It's not even in just fighting games, having to deal with your kind in Quake, CS, and Unreal for example is just as embarrassing as it is annoying having to constantly remind you what you are, where you are from and why you shouldn't be here.

Case in point, the Leak is just some dumb beaner mexican kid's wet dream.

Ah, kek smiles upon me, the dubs of truth shall prevail.

Is Freeman based on Diavolo?

Nah, he's more like a lovechild between Iori and Benimaru after they've been listening to heavy metal for 3 months straight.

Could be considering the time frame of the game and when Part 5 was out.

There's a Part 5 reference in street fighter EX with the Volcano Rosso guy.

I don't mind charge motions, but the charge times should be removed all together. It's just mechanically restricting a character, a shit excuse in balancing that doesn't even work. I personally blame SF2 with OP as fuck Guile.

Fighting games and the people who obsess over them is the fucking cancer of video games.

Counterpoint: Gematsu and Siliconera. Yeah, it was smash
And you're the only one embarrassing yourself being butthurt.

But I agree with . A mexican/brazilian kid would make a Mortal Kombat/KOF fake list.

Well, Benimaru was an obvious homage to Jojo, so I wouldn't be surprised.
shmuplations.com/kof94/

I always thought Volcano Rosso was a Marco Rossi reference

In KOF and Guilty Gear, charge motions takes half of what it takes on Street Fighter. Leona, Ash and May can play rushdown just fine.

It actually does. You couldn't do many combos with them if the inputs weren't charge-based.

They also said that you could earn everything in game
They said that the real game would be different from the beta
How has anything capcom has done shown that to you? They've changed fuck all and it looks like all the new characters for season 2 are reused assests.
It wasn't announced because they probably aren't working on it because they are lazy fucks. Do you really want to see DMC5, knowing how unfinished SFV was and how they fucked DMC4 10 years ago?
you're gonna need more than a bit
Fuck no, they still have the shit survival, they are doing minimal buffs and nerfs to characters with out adding anything new to make the characters more fun/varied/more tools, no actual punishes for ragequitters. The FGC isn't helping as they're still playing and eating that shit up anyway enabling capcom to continue. Capcom have learned that they can get away with everything except for rootkits
Just like they put Alex, Ibuki, Juri, and Urien behind a DLC wall
I'll actually be against you and say they'll do a 40% contnet behind a DLC wall.

No one cares about smash, so you trying to make that a counterpoint with two autsits with questionable ancestry is one thing. You clearly agree with that faggot because you both are beans.

Nope, he's a part 5 reference, says Muda Muda Muda, and some other shit that's blatantly Jojo.

I think some of his moves are references as well. Plus he looks like Bruno, his cloths anyway. I don't know spaghetti so I wouldn't be able to tell you what's what, nor do I speak moonrunes.

yea jojo characters seem to be often parodied in SF and SNK. Benimaru and Rose are pretty obvious. Guile not so much. Freeman's pretty questionable but there's enough there to ask given the history?

never played EX. he kinda looks like Kakyoin. plays like the best bros though?

Your point? I main May, but I still don't like how it gimps her full potential.

Nah man, that's vid just shows how shit capcom are at balancing and how reliant they are on the charge mechanic to do it for them. Besides, a competent Balrog player could have easily reacted to a wiff'd sonic boom/flash kick, but thanks for showing off how the camera guy beat a cpu?

Kinda? I mean his moveset is kinda interesting. He does look like Cack yo Ween, but with kinda Fugo cause of the orange, but the whole get up to me reminds me of Bruno.

Has a red-hot kick, has a volcano lava geyser, enjoys spaghetti and piss tea. He's in EX2, which in my opinion is the best of the EX series.

So check it out, plus I can't wait for part 5 to get animated already, I know they're working on it but I want my digiorno not delivery now.

That guy sure does
And not a single hispanic ancestor in my family pale boy

Anyway, the guy who claims OP's list is fake say that Helen will come with the "nostalgia costume pack" for Alex and Ibuki to "celebrate the 20th anniversary of Street Fighter III". But they won't release 3rdStrikeOE on PS4 and PC with crossplay to actually please the fans of that game. It would be better to release the NesicaxLive version that was dumped recently with GGPO but I rather deal with Irongalaxy's mediocre port instead of shitty FBA emulation.

It doesn't. If she was a motion character, she would have different startup and recovery on her dolphins and seal just like Guile would need in the example. Many of her combos and setups wouldn't work because of the new framedata and input overlap.

Also, no Balrog would deal with a barrage of instant Sonic Booms, Flash Kicks and godlike normals by a competent zoner.

normally I'd say read the manga, but I'd image you already have, plus part 5's translation is ass so maybe I can hope that the part 5 anime's translation is better. Also hoping for a better artstyle than the part 4 anime.

The translation's been redone apparently, read it recently seemed fine.

they finished re translating all of part 5? maybe I'll give it a read sometime then.

Again, I don't care about smash, don't care about the dude who's lost and posted about smash. The fact you're still trying to talk to me as if you're a 'buddy' of mine proves you're a beaner.

Just stop while you're ahead.

I've read part 5 a long time ago, am currently reading part 8, It's a shame, I went back recently to part 5 and they cleaned up the translation until you get up to the part with the faggot shark guy, then it's the classic duwang garbage we love so much. The art style they showed for part 5 with the animation cell looks similar to 4, but more inline with how they did 3. Though they're going to cut corners I'm sure.

2/10 bait made me reply

That's to be expected, but it's not too hard to change a value or two around

Fair point. But now that I'm looking at it again, what you're showing is not a removal a charge, but a removal of all of the motions and replaced for a simple click. You can easily do the exact same thing with nearly any shoto character. Hell, you can react to any telegraphed move with an instant one-click super. So moot point.

>Cutting corners.
>King Crimson episode begins with the opening and jumps straight to the ending.
>Complete episode gets released only on BD.

Listen, You have to tell me. Gay sex online, Yes or no?

It just works.

He's talking about Street Fighter x Tekken, clearly.

fucking THIS can;t believe people still support this genre even though it's the same thing but with more ways for nolifers to easily get wins because they remembered some setplay combo in an anime game no one plays or pick the easiest top tier in the game. Games like smash and street fighter used to be fun when it was played casually with friends now everyone is trying to become the next Diego and does whatever to make the game unfun for everyone. Fuck fighting games and people that still seriously play them

Any attempt to jump over the boom will be retorted to with flash kick
any attempt to do anything to get past the boom gets beaten by flash kick
Guiles SSF4 3DS allows him to make booms faster then humanly possible making a literal impenetrable defense

Jago's Ultimate

Ok, I get it. 3DS version mechanically shit. Anything is possible when everyone can 1-click everything.

Yup they really didn't think it through at all.

Not really, Guile's specials have almost no recovery and startup. If Ken did a Hadouken, he would still have to wait to make another one while Guile can throw instantly Sonic Booms just like Chun Li can do in Alpha2 during that custom combo mode. You can say it's Capcom's shit way to balance the character but it's the best example I can give due the extreme long charge time SF has. Another one is Ash during Sans-culotte where he gets zero charge time for his own versions of sonic booms(Ventose), flash kicks(Nivose) and dash flame move(Germinal).

Maybe you want more supers like that for charge characters.
Please don't bring "Iori won anyway" because in KOFXIII almost everybody has a TOD with 5 bars.

You're at fault for giving in that setplay. Unless it's one with no risk and huge reward one. This and "easiest top tier" is a problem with the game but I hardly remember a game that revolves around 1 or 2 viable characters(maybe MK9?). And be happy about street fighter then. Every update of V just removes options for characters and people who whines loud get what they want except Arcade Mode.

Stop falling for this kind of blatant bait user

made me giggle

Cool. Any hints yet at the other two characters? I wonder if the game is wrapping up soon or if they'll be a full season 4.

Remember to buy your Infinity FGC cancer Merchandise

>dualshockers.com/2017/01/01/dualshockers-game-of-the-year-2016-awards-triumph-final-fantasy-xv-goty/

Oh, well. Finally some recognition.

Posts like this are why I come here. You would never see this on any other video game discussion place on the web without it getting deleted immediately and the poster banned for life. Anonymity gives people the guts to be honest, which can result in posts that are racist, hateful, mean, etc, but the most important part is that they are real and that is the beauty of it to me. Nobody forced to be polite or politically correct or anything out of fear of reprisal, leaving them free to express what they really feel. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this place.

well yeah, also we all everyone niggers

FPS games "progressing" mechanically resulted in regenerating health, two weapon limit, instakill melee, linear as fuck levels and cinematic nonsense that takes control away from the player. I would much rather Fighting games stay right where they are instead of getting the Halo treatment.

Why, brother?

I'm hesitent to believe that character leak is legit just because the capcom I know wouldn't let the Megaman IP go as far as to have sigma as the final boss. It's a miracle we didn't get bad boxart mega man again.

testing the waters for new games?

Nah, it more like trying to desperately secure sales from fanboys. If they actually cared about making new games they would have done a new megaman game based on how much the Megaman Legends games sold on PSN after their release.

postan

it pains me even to this day that this never got a digital re-release anywhere that wasn't the Wii.

big ass mains list, with secondaries.

It's nice to find a community where people can discuss things without instantly leaping to race or Donald trump though. Been posting on 4/Holla Forums for the best part of 8 years and I find being 'honest' like in that post is often just a different way of being fake. You can be 'real' without being a retard, and I find myself enjoying fighting games more and more the less I come here.

Although really there is nowhere big on the internet that is any good.

I actually skimmed right past the initial post you guys are talking about, and when I looked back… yeah, it comes off as really tryhard "I gotta fit in on a chan" post. I more or less stopped going to places like Holla Forums or other threads on Holla Forums due to that attitude, where you see people obviously presenting a certain prepackaged "Holla Forums attitude". It's tiresome, but yeah, ever site has some shit like that. You never find a place where people really say what they mean, because there will always be some expected way of behavior that gets enforced, and it waters down the entire point of a chan, to me at least.

As for fight games, I recently remembered I have World Heroes Anthology. Any general tips for things that set it apart from other games of the time, and do I just play the last one as it has the most characters? I'm not going to go pro with it, but I might start playing it with buddies soon.

steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements

Steam getting ready for tekken. Place your bets on bamco fucking it up with denuvo

If something as niche as God Eater has it, you damn well better get ready for Tekken to have it

Let's get down to business:

Why is the FGC polluted with niggers?

Already up: store.steampowered.com/app/389730/
People already fighting over Denuvo in the forums. Are those people wanting DRM real?

Maybe if they added someone they would have a chance. But honestly, surprised. Capcom's behaviour should not be praised.

Now that's a game I haven't seen in a while.

Because the only thing niggers understand is kicking and punching each other.

What people?

Ok so the autism in the thread earlier got me thinking. What IS the point of charge inputs? Granted, I just accept Charge motions as another motion and one of my favorite fighting characters is Polimar from TvC, a charge character.

But what is the logic of charge motions? Is it just another motion used for variety or is there an archetype of characters that falls within the motions usage? Kind of like how 360 motions are almost universally used for grappling moves.

I would imagine it would have something to do with balancing how fast the specials come out so instead of giving the move more start-up they give the motion to do it start up.

To add to this, when I think of Charge characters this is the list I come up with

May & Venom (Guilty Gear)
Chun-Li & Guile (Street Fighter)
Polymar (Tatsunoko vs Capcom)
Parasoul & Big Band (Skullgirls)

I don't have any large similarities between them all but I do notice some things that are consistent.

Guile and Parasoul are similar with their charge inputs because they factor into their zoning tools. Both Sonic Boom and Guile's anti-air kick remind me of Parasoul's napalm shot and Napalm Pillar.

Chun-li and Polymar seem similar because they are much more aggressive melee fighters and you are buffering their special inputs while applying pressure with normals before unleashing the beast.

Venom could also fit into the Guile/Parasoul camp since his charge inputs are used for zoning. May fits into the second camp with Chun and Polymar.

Maybe? But I would have to study how each of the characters stack up the the rest of their respective rosters in terms of startup speeds.

That's not the point.

Why is it allowed?

You have to plan a charge, motions are more immediate. This is more of a factor when the charge time is longer, as you're committing to the move or at least the option for the move well before you need it. It also means it's harder for you to surprise people with a move, unless you properly buffer it with other moves, and certain things won't combo because you won't able to go from some moves (like a command normal with a forward input) right into a charge back special. There are other things to it, but I'm pretty sure, in theory, that's the core of the idea.

I thought they originally made Guile for the people that had trouble doing motion inputs since they were stricter back then.

Looking back at the people I listed this makes sense. Both Chun and Polimar both only have one charge move in their moveset. Both do not work as combo openers, but work well when mixed up in a combo, and in Chun's case, she can use it in the air as a way to safely approach. Just from the pool of characters I'm looking at (and I can add Potemkin to that list)

So from what you said, Charge moves are designed to be committed too far more than other move inputs? And going off some new thoughts, some charge moves are designed to be mixed into combo strings more fluidly than other move inputs.

All that leaves are the people who use Charge inputs primarily for zoning tools like Venom, Parasoul, and Guile. I guess you can just say they are the type of charge characters that have to commit to their projectiles and (generally) their projectiles are medium speed.

that is the first I've heard of that being the reason. Makes you wonder if people really found charge inputs less complicated than half circles or quarter circles. Personally I fucked up charge inputs a lot when I first started fighting games and I avoided charge characters because of it.

Regular grabs: To punish people who are blocking too much (important: too much) or part of a regular mixup?
What are your thoughts on this?

Part of a mixup, you can tech a grab just like how you can block an overhead so it's another mixup option they have to be on the lookout for.

ALEX STOP HE'S ALREADY DEAD

Baroque was so fucking stupid and I loved it

I'm loving it, combo extender for what can be 10% health or trading 40% to end a round with this combo

2d fightan here.. how do you 3D fighter? Say, Tekken.

They are slower, and combos are much shorter/simpler to do. Positioning is more important, horizontal attacks for sidesteps, etc.

No hints and it sounds like they are wrapping up with the final three characters as IG have been really vocal about the limitations of the engine (Since it's Double Helix's engine and it hasn't been developed further than what it was back in 2014) and want to go to Unreal 4.

I'd expect one character a month from now till March and then a KI 4 teaser at KI World Cup that's built ground up in Unreal 4.

In global, yes, but not in Tekken, they're not. Maybe in the earlier games, but even before Tekken introduced bound Tekken 5 was considered a juggle simulator. 3D fighters which don't have long, complex juggles, such as Virtua Fighter, compensate by making the hits do more damage.
3D games also allows for tech which isn't seen in 2D games, not only sidestepping, but a lot of 3D games have characters with stances for example.

The most popular 3D franchise out there has devolved into Juggling: The Game, so that couldn't be further removed from the truth.

I want to fuck Elena

Wasn't the last KI Cup on Jan 31, did that faget Brandon move the date forward?
shoould be called the UltraArcade cup anyway

Well SNK revealed one of their first 2017 games; it's a iOS and Android RPG
game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/newproject/

Mobileshit is the new pachinko mines. Maybe it will be fun.

I knew they were gonna continue their mobile games, I was just hoping they'd show off their real games first or the KoF XIV PC port

Well, the host of that KOFStation show was a VA and recorded for the arcade release. Could be just a new announcer Or a character. The guy did Hibiki in Blazblue..

Kilgore looks more fun than Fulgore. I wish I had money and time.

What if SNK is sneaking in a new character with the graphix update as a surprise?

>51 characters
>Boss Team gets a separate ending
Worth it.

>tfw it's best boy

I also forgot about the source: twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/817341094291570688

What game

Notice the areas with the biggest fighting game circles are the two coasts which have a much higher nigger population. Add to the fact that niggers are poor and games like fighting games which have couch co-op and a lot of replayability get picked and played more.

There.

That's.
Just.
BIASED

It's pretty simple, it allows developers to put moves in the game that would have been broken as shit if the charge didn't exist. Moves with very little startup and recovery for example.

Are you doing this game, user?

I move around all the time in 2d fightans but another dimension would make movement MORE important.

Gen (SF Zero and 4) had stances

See vid at 1:45min mark

On pad, you can press left+right simultaneously!

Brandon said March last year sometime after the first KI Cup ended because Ultra Arcade was too small and he had the idea of running it as a convention and tournament (like a mini-MAGfest). Bigger venue was only giving him March so March was it.

I don't think he really wanted to call it a UA cup because he's running games in different genres as well as fighting games like Halo Wars and Gears Of War 4 tournaments (and smash) than a pure fighting game tournament.

Smash kids and Gears Of War chads in the same room. What a sight that would be. (That WeaponLord side tournament sounds hype)

This applies for a lot of 3D games. Especially VF and Tekken. There's 2 keywords:
- Spacing. Your movement has to be on point. It's way more centric in Tekken. Compared to a lot of 2D games, you don't zone that often, since you're always very close to your opponent.
- Whiff-punish. Since the movements are very fluid and slow, you have to know how to punish whiffed movement. How to bait them. A badly timed move can be deadly and coast you half your bar or the entire round, if you're low-health or too close to a Ring Out.

It's not like there isn't zoning in 3D games. SoulCalibur is full of them, long-range pokes and anti-step movement. It still greatly affects your mobility, but a character like Siegfried or Nightmare has to harass you from long distance, because they're too slow to really matter at close range. (unless you're behind a wall and Nightmare is your opponent… Ouch…)

Between spacing and whiff-punishing, you have your Poke game. When you have to move and know how to poke, with what, against what. Safe and right timed pokes can win entire rounds. Especially in Tekken.

There's the oki game as well, but that's a fighting game standard. Even tho it widely changes from games to games.

It's so much better. A lot of countries hadn't the time to organise their respective Kombo Klash qualifiers. Now, they can and the tourney will be way bigger.

Why? Microsoft is implyed into that. I'd rather see the actual community organizing its own World Cup than the publishers' guys that didn't even know the history between the players.

I know, but there's rarely any character in 2D fightans that has stances like that, especially compared to 3D fightans. Hell, in some latest iterations of the more well known 3D fightans it can get harder to find characters which don't have any stances at all than characters which do have at least one stance.

I want to learn how to play Testament in +R. Anyone got any pointers, besides the guilty bits episode? Also, should Testy come back to Xrd?

Nobody out of faggot otakus who liked the Lili x Asuka shit liked Eliza. She was a loser.

Looks like shit tbh.

No, but I've been following it. Well, I must say I am surprised by some things, like the 3D scenarios.

Kinda worth it since high rank players never take me seriously until I'm two rounds ahead.

Fuck this phone

Coop cup guys

Go play Lei in VF before talking about stances. Many MK characters have stances. MayLee, Jhun in KOF too.

People, how reliable is IMDB?
Earlier this day the page of Michael Jai White listed him as Spawn in Injustice 2.
And later on, after they announced the date of the game, it is not there anymore.
I was too slow and didn't get a screencap or archive, but, even knowing my word means nothing, it was there, the fourth line, an it's gone now.

What even is Injustice 2 anymore? I heard they've been unable to show anything due to the VA strike but they could at least say something. The Supergirl video on IGN was just enough to remind everyone they were alive, but it's still radio silence otherwise.

See Ed Boon's twitter
i 2016.05.16

Blvd Brawler Zero 2

Well, for better or worse it is a huge title. And I enjoyed the first one in general.
The whole idea of armors is a huge bullshit way to try to reproduce the SFxT gems in my opinion, but they said there is a way to play without them. And to finally see Spawn in a fighting game after SC 2 is a nice thing.
But I still can't believe how they might leave out Big Barda and Plastic Man

Boon loves to play with people. I knew about the twit, but this was on the actors IMDB, and is gone now. Probably because they are planing to build hype through a trailer or something.

A better game than I2

Woah woah woah woah woah woah hold the fuck up.

I haven't kept up with this shit. Is that epic bait, or is Falcon from Power Stone actually in this shit?

Capcom considered getting my fucking money and attention.

yeah, probably.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Damn, interesting stuff

learn how to fuzzy guard and read nitaku situations effectively.

you're gonna be inundated with moves and you'll need to understand the frames behind them even more so than in 2d games. focus on developing your neutral with a few effective normals and then incorporate fancier stuff into your gameplay as it becomes necessary

youtube.com/watch?v=boM7T3BWewY&list=PLtpdTxEEB2piENYi0M0mSFAgwyjMELSQ1&index=3

youtube.com/watch?v=hJEJ8PJXoaM

I don't think anyone really plays Testament around here, I recommend googling dustloop, it has stuff about all Guilty Gear characters. And yes, he will probably be implemented, the question is when rather than if. He should come back just like all the old veteran characters.
From new chars, I'd like Asuka, Ariels and Gabriel. I really don't want Arcsys to go and design anuddah Kum.

Here comes a new challenger!

looks better than skullgirls mobile

Is this Chinese? So many things there are copies, hahaha!

When is kof 14 coming out for pc?

大丈夫, NEVER EVER

Look into Jaepo and World Tournament next month. They might have new announcements >>11643781

around the same time UNIEL[st] gets a release outside of Japan. NEVER EVER

Why so many stances? Is there a purpose to it?

How's Co-op cup?
Twitch: gamenewton / gamenewton_us

Will we ever get a costume that fixes Laura's shitty haircut? Because I haven't bought the game now, and I'm not going to even if we get a costume that fixes the haircut.

>mfw one of the switches inside my qanba memestick finally shat the bed and went back to sleep
user, recommend me a non-shit stick that you would jam into my slutty rice nigger box. Please.

You know, this is just a trailer and have nothing to do with the final game, but, it could work.
The music is quite catchy too.

How is this not assfaggots?

Closest is the X-mas costume that covers part of that mess with a Santa hat.
Maybe someone should mesh her with the Q mod. :^)

With characters like Lei-Fei from VF and Lei from Tekken where they both can weave in an out of stances and can control into which stance they'll go to it's both to expand the number of moves they can perform and to act as confusion for the opponent, because they never know what to expect next unless they also know how to play the character. While Lei does have the most extensive movelist in the series, Lei-Fei doesn't, I think only Shun has more moves he can perform, but then again Shun himself only has one less stance he can go into compared to Lei-Fei

It is an ASSFAGGOTS. I just found that the start of the trailer, joking about a fighting game, worked. To be honest, Paragon have a good amount of melee characters. It could be a modern Galaxy Fight if they wanted. But of course, it is just another ASSFAGGOTS.
Man, I really wanted that at least one western developers that is now Nether tried to make a 2.5D fighter, I am a bit tired of animu stuff. Of course we always have the older games, but, you know, sometimes new stuff works. Rarely.

It is funny. Capcom have nice female models, have jiggle physics, the girls have muscles… But those hands and feet…
WHY?
All the big 3D games do have some nice bodies, but where are the muscles on the ladies? Hell, Blue Mary and Cammy had toned arms in 2D…

Hate to say it, but they still have the best female bodies in the whole genre. It's just that capcom can't not fuck up.

There's a fan-mod that mirrors her long-hair, so no cornrows; her new long hair clips into her body though… Officially, her santa hat covers her cornrows.

Big hands and feet started with Makoto in 3rd Strike but Onoo (or another sf4 designer) made it the norm stating that it makes the hit more impactful(?).

Because it supposedly makes it easier to gauge the distance and position between characters. And not because he's a degenerate gook sicko, b-baka

Muscles aren't attractive in women.

So, huge hands have more impact… It makes all the senses!

>>>/vx/6663
What a fug

good taste, nigga

There is a line between fit women and muscle women that take it too far.

I dont understand how fightcades spectator mode works. your able to pause it. So does that make it a recording? but you can watch it very close to live?

Aw… C'mon, Arthuro. The game isn't half bad…
You should train a Glacius.

FightCade takes a savestate of the game it's already being played, then takes the 2 imput feeds of P1 and P2 after they're getting rollbacked.
Then, they feed it into the FBA you have locally in your FightCade folder.
FBA is the emulator. Not FightCade. FightCade is an online client that syncs up FBA to be playable online.

to be honest it probably wasnt the greatest idea to get SF players to commentate a KI tournament

speaking of tournaments, coop cup is making me think about how bad SFV is and how it could have been much more

I'l take fat, but obidient chick any day over fit femdom slut, with broken saggy cunt.

Basically they're supposed to be visual cues. Kind of like how it works in Smash.

To any Pokkenfags in this thread, do you think Gen 7 pokemon should be added to pokken? If so, which pokemon would you suggest?

I think they might hold them until the Switch is fully operational.
They will probably re-release this game there too.

>Fucking Weebquill

I would be okay with this roster though it could be fake as fuck. Apollo with Trucy helper when?

Any 3rd evolution or big characters can work in Pokkén.
The character just needs to play like nothing else in the cast.

Or wait a year or 2 after the Switch launch and release a 2.

user, the WiiWHY a.k.a Switch do not have a single new exclusive from Nintendo atm, only expanded versions seems to be on development to the release day. They will probably add four new pokes and call it a day.

>>>/fighters/8592

Starts here:
twitch.tv/neoam_acho/v/113219090?t=01h10m00s

Reminder that Arturo is kind of a lolcow who can't even get a sponsor.

Art is cancer.

Art getting murdered live on steam is the best thing to come out of SFV.

Is street fighter V still shit ?

The more people will ask that question, the shittier the game will be each patches.

this makes no sense you retard.

twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki

here we go again

lol wat. they just made 1% of the audience happy and 1 particular streamer very happy

but why

YAMAZAKI WHEN

They leave the best user.

FOR LAST

would changing the game speed of JJBA ASB, fix the game entirely?

I'm sure he'll say he just did it for fun and it has nothing do with a new game.

Yeah, seems like it.

He'll just make the entire casts for several games, animate them, assign hitboxes and balance them… just to fuck with us.

upping its speed would help a lot but more fine-tuning could be done to help with the pace of the game.
Also, it still needs to be 60fps.

when did this happen?

Taking KOF XIII as a reference that will be about the time they stop updating it. So 2 years at least ;_;

Naotora looks like straight out of a Samurai Warriors game

nice try reddit

Fucking finally. What took them so long?

So when can we expect a Jushin Liger costume for King?

So, snk's next game is AoF4?

Man, I wish they'd make an Art of Fighting 4 once they got all the more in demand titles out the way. The spirit system was too much fun.

The time between the console release and steam release for KoF XIII was 1 year, 9 months, 22 days.
The time between KoF XIII Climax and the steam release was 1 year, 4 months, 18 days.
It's been 4 months, 17 days since KoF XIV has been release, so if were going by KoF XIII's release schedule it should come out in just over a year. But it will probably be out closer to the full release of the Arcade version since the arcade machine for XIV is basically an xp/7 windows PC.

It's gonna be Samurai Shodown or Metal Slug.

If you put round glasses on that model it would look like gaben

Could be that they really are experimenting with graphical styles. This one looks a bit more detailed than the B. Jenet model. Of course, it's not like they're making both Garou 2 and AoF4. T_T
in b4 a SamSho character model pops up in a couple of weeks.

(Fuck it, I'm gonna bite.) That's because she is. But yeah, the model looks like it was imported with no changes whatsoever.

More like a reboot and a beat'em up/brawler. Not a fighting game.

Make it like God Hand but implement the spirit system and I'd buy the fuck out of it

NEVER EVER
I think it's more likely he'll get something related to Tiger Mask, since they just made another guy be Tiger Mask.

Tales of Berseria's PC port has Denuvo, I hope you are all ready for Tekken 7 to have Denuvo

KI Ultra Tour.

That's a great idea. Mainly because SNK shouldn't make another fighting game. Not if they doesn't want to split their community or make KOF XIV obsolete too quickly.
The best way to please the fans is to wait during 2017, announce "KOFXIV UM" which is a massive extension, kinda like what Ultra SF4 was to Super SF4, with new characters, new mechanics… Then, announcing new game titles by SNK. One that are not FGs. Maybe make an AoF beat-em-all and still put another AoF team in XIV? Or bring the Ikari Warriors in this beat-em-all? That would be dope.

i never knew how much i wanted this
it needs to have thicc clark though

Oh great change it to something unrecognizeable so it can please "fans". Why can't they just make a new IP or bring back Robot Army or Sengoku if they want to make a beat 'em up or action game?

Why would their community have to split? Why can't people play more than one fighting game? Why is the only solution to fundamentally change a game for no reason only the please people who never really played the game.

People barely wanna go out of Duty Fighter V and you wanna overflow the competition?
Injustice was dead after MKX's release. I don't even know what will be MKXL's competition after I2's release.
SoulCalibur hadn't any news, partially because of Tekken.
ASW's line up is a mess. You have GG, that plays widely different than BB, which is already super hard to chew for the filth. But after that, you got Persona, Under Night, Arcana Heart, DBFC… (I know, UNIEL and AH3 aren't ASW but French Bread and EXAMU. As much as GG is Team Red and BB is Project BB.)
I'm not saying "SNK isn't allowed to release anything except KOF". But look at 2017. Outside of Rootkit Fighter, the games that could have a push from the scene are KOFXIV, GGXrdR T7, I2, KI and Pokkén, (Yes. It still exists.) Outside of the challengers that are BB, SG, UNIEL, DOA… And you wanna add what? A SamSho in that list?

i think a new samsho would be really good for variety tbh. right now most of the current gen fightan consists of rushdown focused, combo although not not necessarily high execution oriented games. something slower and more focused purely footsies would be interesting.

i'm past hoping that capcom players will ever try other games. considering how few fighting games even get made now, a few more snk-style games wont overload the scene.

Maybe more variety of fighting games would bring in a wider audience instead of the same type of games were getting, but I don't know, I haven't seen the statistics. I don't like your answer of not making games for the sake of popularity and esports money, but I'll take it for now.

also what about my third question of changing the genre of the next art of fighting game instead of working on an old action or beat 'em up IP. If you want to talk about splitting up a fanbase then do exactly that, then well have "what the true fans want" conversations like Sonic and Starfox

I picked up the season 2 pass like a pleb because my friend plays it constantly and it's the only game with cross platform play (I'm on PC he's on PS4).

The last patch is pretty comfy, anti-air jabs were nerfed (they trade now) and there were some other changes but that's the main one. Akuma just came out and he seems to be true to the character. I haven't played much with him but my friend destroyed me for a few rounds until I learned the match-up. I ended up beating him with footsies, all I had to do was wait out DPs and wait for a chance to hit the CA.

It's still shit just doesn't smell as bad these days. They're milking the normalfags for all they're worth. Even I have $90 invested into it by this point and I haven't bought games in many years. Capcom is going to keep churning out costume packs for this game for at least 3-4 more years. I don't have time to grind for fight money anymore so I just paid the $20 for season 2. I got all the DLC from season 1 via one-hit KO/survival mode trainers but they caught on and took all my fight money because I did it too fast. Still got to keep all the content I unlocked though.

Also, despite what people say if you can block/have good reads you can play SFV and win using just footsies. There are a lot of times where it's frustrating, I've dropped games to less skilled players just because they got the easy combos going and I guessed wrong once or twice. If Capcom keeps working on it maybe it'll be a decent game in a couple of years but they're going to milk us for all the money they can before that happens.

Also, I don't complain about AA jabs since I main Karin and that's really all I have aside from things that come out slow or only work at a certain distance. You have a DP option with meter but every time I burn it they always read it and block (at least it seems that way) so I've learned not to rely on it.

SNK should definitely do a sequel to Ikari Warriors, with the popularity of twinstick shooters they would be foolish to not do a well done downloadable game maybe with the original game remade as a bonus. Ralf, Clark, Leona, Heidern playable with Metal Slug characters as unlocks. If it sells well they should do a bigger budget third person shooter, but not slow, cover based, regen health nonsense, just over the top bullet dodging arcade style action, with melee and grapple moves inspired by their KoF versions, basically like Vanquish or something but done by SNK. I'd buy 10 copies.

Was just about to say the same thing. A new SamSho, provided it's in those terms - a slower, more footsie oriented game - would be great.
That said, I don't think it would gain much ground as it wouldn't have big flashing colors and numbers all over the place. The game, after all, has to be "hype".

Anywho, SNK had a gazillion FGs in their heyday; having 2-3 now is very tame in comparison. :^)

As for other titles, that Ikari Warriors idea sounds pretty good. What would it be like, DMC with both options available or RE4-6 with shots setting up melee attacks?
On my end, I'll parrot my wish for a goddess Athena ARPG. Greek mythology setting, Okami-tier levels of colorful and comfy, Pegasus mount and mermaid form for fun air and underwater segments, maybe split in areas/missions like Ni-oh so it can have more focus on the action, chubby/toned figure alts maybe add a skill tree to encourage replayability etc etc.

With all the talk about what SNK game should be made next, do you think Neo Geo Battle Coliseum 2 should be made? Yes or No? Why or why not?

Also if they make another AoF, it should be a true 3D fighter to compete against Tekken, DoA and the like. AoF3 was basically heading in that direction anyway with juggle combos, mid and OTG attacks and a focus on normals instead of special moves.

A new Samsho seems like a great idea since it's so different from most other Fighting games, a new Garou not so much. Garou didn't really do enough with its system to seperate itself, especially after removing the line system, I think most people would just look at it like a KoF but with much less characters. A new Metal Slug, well of course, who doesn't want more Metal Slug?

I was thinking; either make like a more grounded DMC or take make it something like Vanquish but with a more melee combat and change rocket knees/bullet time into an Adrenalin system

I think it should happen, but not until SNK gets more revivals under their belt.

Yes, but if it was made now, it'll have games like SG, TvC or even MvCI to be compared with.
But if it can focus on 2 players vs 2 players mode, that will be hype. Especially if it's Fatal Fury / Isuka style, with 2 lains.

I Keep hearing people asking for a sequel of GarouMOTW, i am not denying the first one was a great game, but am i the only one who would rather have a new Fatal Fury with it's classic characters?
(to me were much better.)

I would have a Fatal Fury and they go fuck it and put in garou characters or vice versa. Everybody has an old character they've been begging to return, I don't see why they have to split the fatal fury universe even more so we get more excuses to why x character can't get in.

Maybe we could see some of the classic Fatal Fury characters return besides Terry in a MOTW sequel.

most definitely.
but not until SNK has a heavy establishment in the current era with a decently sizable number of new games.

With Whip, to make it Classicvania but faster and rub it in Konami's face.

I'm still waiting for a new card game, honestly. I even enjoyed the DS SvC card game, as bad as it is. And because using old IPs few people outside of dedicated fans know doesn't sell as well as a competent game abusing an old IP.

I want a crossover that isn't a 2D fightan. I want a crazy action game that can show off different abilities. Think of JStars Victory Vs. Now make it good. Now sprinkle in SNK characters, mix until smooth and set in the oven at 350°F and bake until golden brown.

Seriously, make it a 3D action game and not be afraid to have a ranged character that can only use guns go up against Last Blade characters that can use their weapon prowess to defend themselves and have over the top fights. Just imagine: Orochi Leona going up against a Neo Turf Master. Failing that, a 2D fightan that is a more generic SNK crossover than AoF+FF+KoF OC would be cool if they revived a few other franchises.

But King's already a Tiger Mask.

Gotta admit that at first I didn't think much of it but the thought of Leona slicing up a tank MGRR-style with her bare fuckin' hands is giving me goosebumps.

I think it would be interesting if each character (Ralf, Clark, Leona and Whip) had their specialty and maybe even unique mechanics like a Orochi mode for Leona or Clark's grabs.

Polite sage for OT.

So can I have Ralf's Advanced mode? Seriously, he and Chang should be characters with few combos but hard hiting with normals.

I would like Armor Chang as a super mode(SDM stays longer).

Where do I sign the fucking petition? I want this game.

I would play the fuck out of this or a Gaoru sequel. The problem is I'd end up in the same situation I am now with those games. I have one friend who will play them with me and everyone else moves on as soon as they figure out they can't mash out wins. Yet they'll mash and mash in Street Fighter/sports games (UFC/WWE) all day never improving but never getting bored with it.

I thought locals were my problem until I started traveling to arcades just for the competition. Thought I'd find some autistic FGC wannabes like myself who'd at least play older/obscure stuff casually. Instead all I see are 20-somethings camping SF3/5 machines all night while I sit lonely at Guilty Gear/Gaoru/KoF unless I bring a group. I love bringing a group but it is a pain in the ass when I just want to make a quick trip down and back. Can't complain too much, at least I can get sets at a "local arcade" (one hour drive) most people don't even get to do that anymore.

I have the same problem with my friend who wanted to get into fighting games. I felt as though I may have gone too hard on him, as we only played fighting games once and never again. The only other friend I know who plays fighting games has Blazblue, MKX, and DoA5 on PS4, and Skullgirls on PC. I haven't heard from him in forever, last I heard he's still stuck in high school, has no internet, and spent all his money on DoA5 costumes.

At least learn how to costume-mod…
streetmodders.deviantart.com/

Vega vs Boxer

Why does SNK gives zero fucks?

I have more than one friend but I know that feel. My issue is I have one friend that likes Soul Calibur/Tekken, casuals that just play SF and complain about fireball spam, and one solid bro that will play everything with me. I found a guy at work that was wayyy into skullgirls and brags about having kick started it. We played, I went easy and won with ease granted he wasn't on a stick but the impression he gave me was he didn't play seriously at all. I'll run sets with him as long as he tries to hang even if I don't like the game.

I've been running mods since beta user. I don't pay for costumes.

Not liking musclegirls.. what are you? Be a man!

Guess it's a Dud(ley) post then..

Are there any lesbian fighters?.

Canonically lesbian? I don't know.

clips.twitch.tv/imstilldadaddy1985/ShyOryxNoNoSpot
capcom in charge of programming rollback netcode

Welp

I bet you could find a number of people going "what's samurai Showdown","What's Garou","What's Last Blade","Athena, and Clark were in other games before KoF?". Shit most casual audiences probably won't even know who SNK is.
Not every videogame character is going to be as popular as mario and there's always a risk that the game won't make sales and characters won't be recognizeable "enough" to draw people in. We wouldn't have gotten platinum games or yoko taro games if the first priority was "will it be popular enough?"

ftfy

Having some people recognize it is far better than none. You have to realize that SNK are playing it really safe right now in order to grow. They don't have the resources to pour into an entirely new IP only to have it fail miserably. The fans of previous series act as a safety net, they know that they can count on at least them to give their new games a try, it's foolish to just sit on big names like Metal Slug and do nothing with them while risking everything on an unknown.

What? Sometimes a black guy just REALLY LIKES CHICKEN. It would be racist of them not to have him murdering a bucket of KFC!

Watch some of these mobile rpg characters make it into KOF eventually

Does Mila from DOA count? Because she looks like a cartoon dyke with that hair and plaid shirt.

Juri probably was intended to be given that her SFIV profile in JP site included "oppai" in her Likes. Capcom were quick to take it out though.

True. Even simple things like DLC costumes are being trickled as we go. They could have gone full jew but haven't; heck! they even tossed '98 Athena as a freebie. I honestly think they were keeping tabs on industry fiascoes, particularly SFV, as guidelines of shit to avoid.

Speaking of which, there's a bunch more free themes on the PS Store. It's really cool of them but they all use the KoF XIV CG art which, let's be honest, it's not exactly a treat to the eyes.
Incidentally, would you guys want a patch for XIV that gives the option to replace the CG used in Select/VS/Victory screens with 2D art?

I honestly think for female fighters most would keep it a bit extra vague for waifu purposes. I mean, Cammy might just be too busy to think about men, or she might be satisfied being a cat hording lesbian with Juni. There are a few characters that are either canon, or heavily implied, to be bi like Juri and Ash Crimson. Only character I can't imagine being anything other than hard gay (off the top of my head at least) is Voldo. Because, I don't think his master would dress him like that otherwise.

So the answer is 100% maybe.

They also have static themes that use the 2D custom ending art for the NESTS girls. It's pretty hot.

Depends on the artist but probably yes. Falcoon can draw some pretty ladies, OCs be damned.

I'm pretty sure that was meant as a joke, making a pun out of her name, then removed during localization. they also removed her dislike of Nori from the western release

I'd say Ogura as he's worked in the game, is consistently good and his style is "safe" enough to not get anyone's panties in a twist.
My absolute madman personal choice would be Nona. You know you want to see his take on Sylvie and Xanadu. :^)

Just seemed odd as they took it out practically in the same day.

Yeah, but at the same time you step ahead to her SFV profile and they seemed to have completely forgotten about her liking her parents. So I almost feel like Capcom treats the character bios as useless fluff and by the end of the day, they don't matter a whole lot.

Ogura is a safe bet. I fucking knew you would say Nona. It's kind of a shame that we can't get someone like Shinkiro back for that uncanny valley look. I enjoyed that art.

So?

KoF XIV patch should be live by now. Nothing for EU yet though. (Guess I can dawdle a tiny bit longer before hopping back up on this train.)

Expect Luong screens.

There is a popular arcade near my house which still runs a shitload of fighting games. My friend wanted to see me wreck people at MvC2. So we went there and I was playing again.

Every time I go there and play it, it makes me question why we ever stopped. The game is so insanely fun. Just everything about it is amazing. Especially with all the new tech that was discovered for it long after it stopped being in the scene. I wonder what it would have done in the age of the internet.

any idea how big is the update?

The EH article made no mention but checking the Twitters of the usual suspects, found a screenshot of the update installing - 3.709 GB.

Read it was around 4 GBs.

Fuck that's gonna take 7 hours on shitty rural internet.

But MvC2 was during the age of the internet, like the beginning.

Since I was checking twatters…

Neat

So Andy still looks like shit?
They didn't bother fixing his face?
Hope they fixed Mai's hair at least…

archive.is/OuseY
Okay what the fuck capcom

At least you ca see strands of hair now instead of his original playdoh wig.
I just don't understand why they made him "skinny" now, when he was always buff.

Just end it already, dear God.

Are you talking about Mai or Andy?

Andy.
Mai needs a complete face overhaul.

Kinda funny that Andy and Mai are the ones who look like shit.

Because Mai's hair looklike playdoh as well.
I don't know why, Angel's hair for instance look fine, it's weird how they didn't give the proper treatment to their poster girl.
disappointing.

SNK is dead, i hope kof 14 bombed and they go bankrupt for good this time.

Because deep down they know that Mai is shit and that every other girl and ladyboy they created are better.

Death is just a minor setback to SNK.

So Crapcom can have the monopoly?

Antonov has no business being this fucking charismatic for a midboss.

Yes, snk has betrayed us and it must die now.

They're tired of Mai. They understand Angel is far superior and have done their best to make us understand.

Praying Mantis, pls go.

I really hope he comes back in KoF XV whenever that happens. Even though his pretty low tier, I still have fun with his movesets and his theme is the best

Mai plz go

How?

They made Mai ugly and wont bring Kasumi back.
We need to kill snk.

I agree regarding Mai, the face could be better but the hair are atrocious, more than hair looks like they carved her hair and Painted it brown.
I also have wanted some different characters but wishing SNK death for it seems a bit too extreme.

*carved her head
that's what i meant

Good cover, Mai. How about next time you don't steal her fucking invite?

No, i simply cannot forgive this transgression.

I am not Mai, you have to believe me user.

Vice is bretty cute, I think I should learn how to play her

the graphics update for Kof14 is out that comes with 2 addition colors for each character.
anyone finding colors they like more then the default 4?
speaking of which I noticed they changed the 4 default colors.
in the very least Xanadu's that I'm seeing as the patch just finished installing for me.

Still downloading it, but I really like Maxima's new colors from what I've seen in screenshots

A question for those who already downloaded the update:
Does the graphical improvement effect the stages a well?
Or just the game characters?

The training stage has this ticker that reads THE KING OF FIGHTERS over and over again just over the character's heads.

I really don't like it.

(checked)
I knew about that, what about the rest, any improvement?
Impressive digits, by the way.

None as far as the Ikari Warriors are concerned.

I got distracted and stopped playing when Hatsune Miku Future Tone finished downloading

It's amazing how they made a somewhat simple looking character so memorable thanks to a remarkable care in details. That said, I'm saddened he didn't get buffed. IMHO he needed a guard point in HCB+C, HCB+D catching crouching opponents and, something I think might be too much but fits the character - being able to bounce back projectiles with forward+A or at least a special with a similar animation.

Antonov teamed up with Sylvie and Mian would be pretty cool. But yeah, I hope he stays.

Anywho, who's ready for Halal Heart 4?
He means well but I don't see anything good coming out of this.

what a let down.
Thanks anyway pal, much appreciated.

I know Gief is canonically gay.
Capcom Japan and Capcom USA gave 2 different stories to the Red Cyclone. Japan stated him as an intelligent guy that did russian litterature studying and was gay for no particular reason.
This was 1991, tho. We're still in Cold War. So USSR's representant is a massive pile of muscles, not having intellect at all.

Zangief is a massive homo and wants tear up Claw's asshole.
Eagle is gay as well.

The only dyke I can think off the top of my head is Ethica Kibanohara in Nitroplus Blasterz

Eagle is supposed to be gay too.

Downloaded the KOF XIV patch, i am kinda conflicted about it, i mean the characters have more detail but they now look too dark, as if the models were in a dark room with a torchlight above their heads.
The contrast between light and shadow is too much.
Also some of them have an excessive glowing effect.
Anyone feel the same?

The Switch is going to have a HORI fight stick, what does that mean?

Capcom is gonna port SFV to make a quick buck off nintendofags like they did for SSF4 3D

It be nice to also have the fighting commander for the switch as well.
so what's everyone guessing.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom port?
other fightan ports?
Nintendo vs Capcom?
Nintendo to make a new IP for the actual fighting game genre?
if it's the last one how much waifuing do you think we'll see among these parts once the female character gets revealed?

Since Arcsys is one of the 3rd parties supporting it, they'll probably have a Blazblue port considering how inappropriately BB games seem to get ported.

Darkstalkers Isn't Dead

remember when they ported BB to the 3DS?
remember when they made a spinoff BB game for the dsiware?
That was weird.

Absolutely nothing.

Do you guys think KOF will add a 4th member to the current teams or create new teams altogether?
I'd prefer the latter, with their own stage, music and arcade story.

I prefer the latter, too. Because it let the dev teams some room to do entire new characters.
Like what they did with Hein from the South Town team, Xanadu from the Villain team or even the entire Official Invitation team and the South American team.
Also, some games like Garou MOTW or Last Blade deserves teams. Especially if it can bring characters from old SNK games that never was in a KOF before.

twitter.com/HAM_Renegade/status/818959281282236416
archive.is/kf1ud
Why are abhorrent people like this allowed to exist

They made a second brawler for the 3DS too

Somewhat related to the thread, but was Guilty Gear Overture a good game?

The worst part? There are people saying yes.

New teams would be best. Yamazaki's a wild card, I'm sure they can find him other team mates.
Yamazaki, White and Grant would, incidentally, be my dream team. Kain's BFF plus two psychos on his pay roll.

Well, tell him not to change shit. Keeping the core is more important than trying to appeal to people who don't bother playing anyway.

It's okay. It's a MOBA though. I played about 20 minutes and haven't touched it since, mostly because I don't have any friends to play it with.

Oh yeah just a heads up for KoF XIV players regarding the latest patch; the patch is getting a patch shortly to the address the fuck up.

SNK, you're not supposed to emulate Crapcom. C'mon, now.

You have to admit, at least they've been addressing any problems the game has faster than what capcom has been doing for SFV

Honestly, I don't really mind redesigns if they're good. Look at KOF and how many characters received new outfits over the years. Even Mai could use some redesigns like Another Mai from MI series and her RealBout outfit as DLC. Tekken and Soul Calibur characters also got a redesign every now and then. Some characters in SFV received redesigns. Hell, even the ninjas in Mortal Kombat are never the same between games. You might not like some redesigns but might like some others.

Now to the point. Arcana Heart's characters could receive new outfits. Akane could go full hero of justice like a super sentai character. Konoha could do a reverse SFV Ibuki and have a real ninja getup. Kamui could look like an important time guardian that she is instead of a stoic schoogirl (Same for Angelia). Catherine could use a jumpsuit to ride her robot (but maybe keeping the bunnygirl motif). Update Scharl design so the's a 2010's skank instead of a late 90's/early 2000's skank. Lilica could try a new hip'n cool outfit. Make Zenia more of a mix of Maxima and Vanessa from KOF without the hair tied (also go full Maxima using Vapor Cannons and add some guard points). Don't know what to do with Kira and the priests. But keep Eko, Dorothy, Heart and Saki the same(they're fine)
Also REMOVE MAORI. Fuck that bitch.

The important thing is to keep the "essence" of the character. But fuck that tweet about changing the Homing system.

It's not the first time.

I don't deny that at all.

I know but still.

Zangief isn't a fag. He's just Russian. That pic with him flexing near a vandalized Vega photo looks more like he's mocking him.

they're not talking about just redesigning though they're specifically talking about design being an "obstacle" meaning a redesign that keeps the essence of the old design is out of question.

I agree with the idea that he's mocking Vega, because if Zangief is gay, he'd be gay for his own body type. Vega doesn't have nearly enough MUSCLE POWER to be truly beautiful.

It came too early. They didn't fixed that obnoxious greyness on steam, also.