So whats the deal with this? pay to win? pay to revive? pay to get the last 10% of the game/real ending?

so whats the deal with this? pay to win? pay to revive? pay to get the last 10% of the game/real ending?

it looks decent gameplay-wise, so what's the hook under this bait of a game?

Pay to revive on the spot and expand your item storage, except you get enough of the paid currency just through logging in every day that you can expand your storage easily, and the deaths aren't a 'fuck you, pay up' paywall but instead more like 'git gud and you won't die in the first place'. If you do die, you can still get your character back by paying a hefty chunk of normal currency to snag them with all their gear, or going to the dungeon floor they died on and beating them up to get them back for free, sans equipment.

There's also Express Passes which give you some little perks, like free travel to various dungeon floors instead of having to pay a token fee of the normal money, or being able to bail on raiding other players immediately instead of after half a minute.

I might be missing some things, but as F2P mechanics go, I can live with it.

so its freemium Isaac-souls?

The only thing that bothers me in this game is that Death calls you sempai

Could that be a translation error or did they leave it there because they thought Americans would like it?

It's completely possible to play without paying any money. Pretty decent game too.

Seems like they did it on purpose

is it worth updating my PS4 FW for this?

More Souls than Isaac, honestly, although the floors are semi-randomly generated from a bunch of parts specific to each floor you're on, so I guess the Isaac comparison just barely fits.

If you've deliberately left your firmware obsolete for whatever reason, I can't say LID is an absolute must-play that you need to update for, no.

Wrong. There are 4 floor layouts that the game cycles through every day or when you return to the waiting room.

yes, i've deliberately stopped updating my firmware in order to get quick access to piracy when it happens.

well, thanks for the advice anons, i'll be skipping it for now.

I like uncle Death, the idea of death being a kool kid from the 80s is pretty neat but the sempai meme feels so fucking forced

Honestly I'm interested in that fucking Korean company and how it plans to make money off this. Do they plan on people paying up every time they die? Or are they planning on adding expansions every now and then that cost money? Something else?

im sure whatever it is, it will be a cancer on the videogame industry if it succeeds

So that's how it works! I was taking my best guess from the levels rearranging how they were laid out every time I returned to the hub. Thanks, user.

can cancer grow inside cancer?

Agreed

Uncle Death basically represents forced memes on the whole. He even skateboards and thinks wacky glasses are cool.

Play better game.