Fuck this game I hate it so fucking much I've been a fan of the souls series since demons souls and this game is...

Fuck this game I hate it so fucking much I've been a fan of the souls series since demons souls and this game is fucking awful the level design is horrible the combat is sluggish and the fucking world design is ugly. Am I just playing through this incorrectly? I'm getting fucking ganked and one shotted by all sorts of enemies yet the bosses are fucking easy is the dlc worth getting I had this game since release and have yet to beat it

Other urls found in this thread:

mpql.net/tools/demons-souls/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Be patient. Quit complaining. The DLC is not worth it unless you really want to play in the arena.

Better than dark shits 2.

Nah, DLC is a boss and a half. Not worth 15 dollars. And apparently the newly added in arena is just one map, compared to 2 which had around 3-5 maps vanilla.

Keep saying it, maybe one day it'll be true.

baito desu

Dark souls 2 community lasted longer than 3
Dark Souls 3 is hemmoraging userbase already
Even the big From fanboys are waking up to it
DaS2 might have had maps that made no sense together and a stitched together story from the original being scrapped, but it was still better than DaS3 gameplaywise, simply for the fact that it held true to the gameplay mechanics of the original while adding different stances for dual weilding two weapons. That and actually having divergent paths that allowed choices as to who to fight unlike 3 which railroads you almost as bad as an onrails shooter, and the best ng+ in the series. DaS3 is best remembered for the broken pvp they somehow managed to fuck up , fanservice, and pretty graphics

Not biting your hook.

Kek, yeah. Hide in your ignorance.

DS2 had a distinct sense of identity, whereas DS3 just wanted to be Bloodborne too much.

Tell me about user, why does he bait the hook?

Has the souls series just become another "Holla Forums untouchable"? I swear every time a thread is made about it it just becomes shitflinging about which are best with baiting everywhere.

It's because the souls series is full of pve fags. Dark wraiths are where it's at. I almost never see blue guys anymore.

Not really. I see plenty of people bash on anyone memeing Dark Souls is hard. Usually with a godhand image attached. Besides, most people accept of the 3 DaS1 is the best. Most arguments pop up about which is shittier between 2 or 3, and then the odd bloodborne fag saunters in assuming when people talk dark souls all from games are invited. That or some user talks about demon soul being the best.

Dark souls does have a lot more variety, and some really good sets. Despite that though I like Demon's souls better because it allows me to complete the areas in any order with very few barriers. This allows me to not acquire a build very quickly, but also allows me to quite organically discover a new build I like. If I had both games, and had to start from the beginning I would choose demon's souls no question. I have not played BB though so I have no real opinion there. Only niggers defend soul memory

Fuck I forgot my image.

I don't know what to tell you user…

Soul memory sucks. Gimped poise, gankspank squads, nerfed wraiths, shit ng+, railroad game structure and dlc arena is worse.

This is true. They really started shitting on the dark wraiths starting with dark souls. In demon souls you defeat an npc red phantom, and bam it's time for invasions. I think the reason that they gimped poise the way they did is for two reasons.
1. They are severely mentally retarded
2. They are severely mentally retarded, and could not find a way to incorporate the backstab better. Since all you needed to do for any build was equip the wolf ring, and poise through your enemies attack for a backstab.

I think its cause they were using a fork of the bb engine they modified for bloodborne. Probably couldnt get it right in time for shipping. That or miyazaki just has such a hardon for bloodborne he decided to make dark souls as much like bloodborne as he could rather than like dark souls. Which sucks, cause I was looking forward to him being back in control and having a sequel as close to DaS1 as possible. blue eyed orb, maybe dark anor londo, sin mechanics helping darkmoon blades it bothers me sin doesnt seem to work in 3

What boggles my mind most is that they kept the godawful covenant ideas from 2. I dont know why theyd do that. It got to the point DaS2 had better functioning covenants than 3, which is saying something considering how shit the covenants were, the only decent one being darkwraights for that sweet arena. You'd think the original team and miyazaki would know to bring back actual darkwraiths and covenants that directly engage each other. Or a properly functioning arena map like the forest from 1, rather than the watchdogs of farron which is good for all of 20 lvls at the beginning.

Bring back actual darkmoon covenant* and covenants that directly engage each other reciprocally.

Where do the boys in blue hang out most of the time? I don't like Anor Lando because it's pretty boring, and I already killed sif

The DLC is not worth it unless you're really into pvp

The pve area in the DLC has to be one of the laziest designs ever in a souls game
Whats that? More enemy design? Here's a fucking tree and some crabs

Go play some mario bitch boys

DaS3 really isn't better than DaS2 by any significant margin, if at all

Go back to watching OnlyAfro, you fag.

obligatory get gud faggot

How about you just go back to playing your shit game instead? Since you clearly enjoy it so much and aren't just memespouting

you do realize that logic works both ways.

Are you playing Dark Souls II?

In which game? In 1 you dont gotta worry, they'll find you. Just got to keep killing innocents until they start showing up to ruin your day.
In 3? the point past sulvayne is the pvp hotspot. Though it all depends on your lvl too.

Reminder solaire died thinking he found the sun because a parasitic bug latched onto his brain and you had to end the abberation he became.

Solaire linked the flame and became unkindled ash, he'll return in the final DLC for 3

You see for me it's not that easy. The places I like to invade are Sen's fortress, painted world, tomb of giants, and sometimes blight town. But I also like to have the xanthous crown as my head item, and I never get the lord vessel so 3 of those 4 I can't get invaded in.

It really doesn't since I'm not the one spamming reaction images and haven't said which game in the series I prefer, there isn't a parallel at all

You already admitted you prefer DS2 over DS3, which says everything he needs to know about you.

I thought Solaire went fucking bonkers because the Sunlight Maggot was more luminous than he was and if an abomination could find their own sun while he could not then what was the point

t. MattPat

I never said that, you're just horrible at reading

Is right, stop watching Game Theory.

actually its cannon that solitaire died linking the fire. He became sublime Bone Dust. Yes Dork Souls 2 lore is that bad.

No you are the autistic faggot getting triggered over people having an opinion. Yet instead filtering or ignoring you take the bait. How about you go play a video game instead of memespouting your liberal fedora tipping reddit wisdom.
YOUR OPINION IS OBJECTIVELY WRONG. YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM TERMINAL CANCER. YOU SHOULD THE HELIUM TECHNIQUE
(^:

You admitted you prefer DS2 over DS3, unless you're a doublethink faggot who plays games you think are shit.

How the fuck do people harp on how DS II had shit from the original yet ignore how half of the content III had were either references to the original or pulled straight from there.

because dark souls 3 is a good game.

Because 2 was barely connected to 1, if at all. 3 is a direct sequel and makes more sense in that way than the shit that happens in 2.

I could've sworn that was what happened in Lost Izalith but it's been a while since I last played. Guess I need to do another playthrough and figure out what the hell happens there.

3 takes place in the same area, 2 is in some weird water portal world that has next to no connection with anything from 1

Be sure to tell me when you get to sen's fortress, and be around level 40. Just because…

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are the only good ones.

What do you need, an illustration? They're both awful, which one is slightly better makes no difference, it's like saying you preferred Devil May Cry 2 to DmC. Christ you're autistic.

He literally has that thing on his head and you still think it was a metaphor?

Trying to sit on the fence to avoid forming an actual opinion that you could get criticized for, I see. You could have just said you were a faggot from the start.

Was planning on using my NG+ character but I could do with a fresh run. Always fun when I get invaded anyways, people shrugging or waving if I die like a dumbass while taking care of some enemies gets me every time

Fucking sue me I've already said it's been a while since I've played

They don't. The complaint wasn't that Dark Souls 2 referenced the original, but that the references didn't make any sense and didn't fit in. They just slapped names of characters from the original in random descriptions with no attempt at actually explaining how they're connected.

Pffft, you will usually see me running around as a statue waiting for people to get knocked off by the swing blades.

Oh I forgot it will not matter if you are xbox or pc since I have the ps3 version.

Fortunately I'm retarded but not that retarded, usually if I get caught in those pendulum blades it's because one of those cunt lizardmen knocked me into the way

Its better than Bloodborne

Do the board a favor and stop posting

Oh well

Since every is arguing about basically nothing what pvp builds do you all use. I am specifically interested in builds that fuck with the player. Right now I am using the xanthous crown, some pyromancy for the bullshit hitboxes, the camouflage spell, and weapons like the claws/notched whip to screw with people.

Eesh, did From hire vaatividya or something?

Odd. Iirc blades just need to activate their orb and they get summoned to closest sinner, unless its anor londo, in which you automatically get summoned to fight. Maybe you havent sinned enough to be worth dealing with yet?

I just figured he was tricked into thinking he finally found the sun, by the maggot infecting his mind, thinking he achieved his goal at long last. Like achieving a fake happiness,since the real one is out of reach of you.

Mostly storyfags who excuse away all the gameplay breaking issues and the gratuitous fanservice by showing everything they could from DaS1 other than artorias. I'm pretty convinced people who think DaS3 is better than 2 are Vaatividya followers.

Das1? Chaos infused weapons. Or poison whip or rapier. Nothing worse than constantly poisoned by some asshole or twoshot by a chaosweapon.

Are you talking about DaS2 still?

Face it, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are happy accdents. Most games From make are meh.

This is what this said in the first place if you had any reading comprehension at all, it's not my fault you're an idiot

You've infected this board with eight posts of concentrated autism after I said practically nothing, I shudder to think what would happen if I said anything remotely inflammatory. Do you need to take your anxiety medication?

He… he made more?
I don't think there is a difference between having 1 or 60k in. It doesn't give priority.
Been there done that. I like using dung pies for my poison fun anyways.

Nothing you post has any value, you can't even form a solid opinion.

We don't actually know if Solaire will be back in the DLC but I think it would be cool having him fight the angels or be involved in some way

You are an idiot and can't read for shit, I thought that was a pretty definite statement

We already tried this fam. I showed evidence, you cried bait. Go cry to vaati.

Doesnt indictments and higher sin usually net you more invasions on you? I figured that was the whole point of the indictment system, since it says its to tell people someones an ass who hurt you and darkmoon.gov will take care of it.
What about going full havel?

I just hope the next dlc is longer and less jewish. I refuse to buy the current one unless on sale.
The what now?Could solaire come back as unkindled? Iirc thats whats happening now in DaS3 if i followed what passes for a from storyline with their item descriptions and random npc oneliners.

I'd assume he's talking about the ones on the rooftops near the end of Lothric Castle

Tell us your ranking for all of the souls games if you think you know so much then.

Isn't vaati and afro the kind of cancer that people who love Das2 watch though? I can't believe DS2fags still expect anyone to take them seriously.

I have gone full giantdad, but I don't think I ever went for a full havel build. I have been considering using a haveldad with crystal greatsword, and grass crest shield just to make people think I am cheating though.

The Angels are deities mentioned in the latter half of DS3 in a few areas of Lothric Castle, and given how little is told about them I'm willing to bet the final DLC will focus entirely on them

That's entirely up to From, since they said if you save him in his questline he links the fire in his world, so it could be possible for him to return

Those are Winged Knights who have ascended and not the actual angels

I guess I can see why you would say that. There's other stupid shit to pick apart in II that's actually blatant and more offensive, though, a minor portion of it being shit that DS III essentially went along with as well.

Why would I do that? You threw a fit over opinions I didn't even have, may as well continue doing that. Make up a ranking yourself and then say it's shit, we'll arrive at the same place

It's the most rushed one and consistently shitty title out of all of them.
I'm honestly convinced this is some sort of meme that's being pushed by people who got into the series with DaS2. I've seen plenty of le honorable fight club fighting redditors defend DaS2 with tooth and nail, and they'll go as far as attack the previous titles to make their shitshow look good. It is beyond me.

DaS3's highs aren't as high as the other games, but it's consistently good. The game doesn't fall apart towards the end like DaS1.

Ah okay. It's been a while since I've played DaS3 all the way through. Definitely possible then if their was little to do with them. Are they related to the two flying dudes on the top of the belltower thing before the fight with the cripple?

Could be fun. It is the loadout that got most of the souls community crying. Well havel and the great magic ward miracle or wtv its called that heightens resistances.

DaS3 is good if you love bloodbornes speed and pacing. Not so much if you liked being a tank or using daggers effectively. It leaves room for playstyles similar to BB rather than the wide range of playstyles possible in DaS1 and DaS2, including magic and miracles which are near useless in DaS3. As far as im concerned DaS2 is better than 3 because it plays like DaS1 mechanically and has most of the original gameplay mechanics there which made DaS1 so great, whereas DaS3 tried to inject too much of bloodborne into, ruining the original gameplay of the series.

wew son, you have to stop

Nigger what that was the one thing this game managed to pull off with near perfection. How can you even complain about the combat when it's in practice a more poorly balanced bloodborne. Really out of all of the 'Souls' games 3 is the most fun to play from a mechanical perspective.

Why do people seem to shit on games for the sake of shitting on them while tossing out such poorly constructed criticism like OP. If you're going to shit on something at least be constructive about it.

What are you talking about? DaS1 had the shortest development cycle relative to the amount of content in the game. DaS3 had a shorter development cycle but it also had way less content

Not even then, since they removed a lot of the things that allowed BB to work. You don't have the extended dodge distances and in BB you almost never fought against anything that had any direct defense like a shield, and you had more stamina too.

Specifically I mean this

Yeah it perfected flat open fields alright

Yeah, those three knights are knights that were 'ascended' by the angels. The other knights that wear similar armor are winged knights that follow the angelic faith, which is clashing with the established faith of the gods that currently exists in the DS universe

All we know about the angels currently is that they appeared before a woman who served the queen, and when she saw them she was rendered mute and blind but recorded what they said on a scroll, which became a miracle the player can find. We don't actually physically see the angels, which is why they'll probably be in the final DLC

Sorry about the rant and thread glad it was turned into a lore discussion I was just really mad at the grand archves and how annoyingly bullshit it was

Good point. Bloodborne had the advantage of a system directly made for it in mind, whereas Dark souls was an abberation of two different gameplay styles forced to mix together.

What exactly are the benefits of that particular giantdad build?

Cool. Maybe if we get lucky it'll be a miracle focused dlc and can fix the miracle and spellcasting issues in game. Seems like an interesting premise too, makes you wonder if they found something symbolically similar to the original great fire that allowed gwyn and co. to become gods.

Whats wrong with the grand archives? I found it to be the best looking area, even moreso than boreal valley.

To make everyone think you're cheating basically.

Nigger if the final dlc isn't all about The Deep I'm going to mad as shit.

The Cathedral of the Deep, The High Wall of Lothric, and Lothric Castle are all great areas with a high focus on verticality. Irithyl Dungeon and the Undead Settlement are both full of interesting nooks and crannies that remind me of the Tower of Latria and strangely enough Yharnam. The Road of Sacrifices, and the Crucifixion woods are the only two areas that I would call a slog to get through which is unfortunate since they're placed at the beginning of the game but at least you can blow through them if you play smart. Farron Woods gets a pass because it at the very least has a semi interesting gimmick of heading for the flaming towers and opening the way to the boss. The catacombs of Carthus are more or less the Catacombs from DaS1 reskinned. The second half of Irythil, the bit before Anor Londo and Anor Londo itself are all sort of okay if not way too short.

The only area that totally drops the ball is the first half of Irythil which is a linear corridor full of the most dickass enemies imaginable.

Whoever was designing the levels was huffing glue.

2manythralls

The hand grabbing you how narrow and confined it is as well as those candle mages really fucked me over while I was getting bombarded by the teleporting mage but thats all my fault really I should have killed him first

Really anons, chaos weapons and going full havel is all you can think of? I bet you guys never even used the symbol of avarice.

There's not much else to add on to the Deep. It's just the Abyss but with a water focus, and the Dregs are just a sub-section of Humanity. It would be cool to see it built on, but I doubt that will be the case when the angels have next to nothing and Miyazaki can drag in as many Berserk references as possible

Fair enough
Does that even give anything besides Solaire's weapons and armor?

None of that has to do with the intrinsic level design but nice try.

The Catacombs of Carthus and the Demon Ruins extended from them are more recolors of the Chalice Dungeons from BB than anything, they're not anything like DaS1's catacombs. The castle areas are almost nonsensical labyrinths which is a problem in the opposite direction. This is also a big problem and part of why the levels are unfocused.

Nothing strange about it, they're ripoffs of Latria and Nightmare of Mensis. Irithyll is even an explicit Bloodborne reference

Wouldnt classic havel work best for this? With miracles, full havel and the dragon tooth you're nigh unstoppable.

Yeah, they really ramped up the amount of bonfires. It's never nervewracking anymore moving from bonfire to bonfire with so many so close together.

Never bothered me tbh.

Need the wax head to deal with those. but yeah it can get annoying the first time, especially if you're not sure on the right path up.

I think he meant how easy it was. The amount of bonfires around each area is way way too gratuitous. It removes a lot of the edge of the game.

Considering that it's a possible third option to the whole cycle of light and dark shit I'd say you're full of it m8. The Deep clearly is something that is seperate from the abyss that's existed since the age of arch trees and eternal dragons full of all sorts of wierd shit. I just want some sick eldritch shenanagins with an Ash Lake flavor rather than focusing on some feathered fuccbois.

The armor and shield come from trading with the crows. The weapon is in a chest in Lothric Castle. The covenant rewards are Sacred Oath and Great Lightning Spear.

It's not about being unstoppable, it's about making pve fags wish they were never born. It's about tormenting the people unlucky enough to be invaded by me. Like those last to guys in the tomb of giants that I ganked with the chameleon spell. It' was funny, I would have loved to seen their faces when I popped out.

The deep always reminded me of the brine from DDDA. Some mystical sea shit, thats alluded to be horrible and you have little to no understanding of.

Ah, I gotcha. I know what you mean. I used to RP as an anor londo knight with the greatbow on those arches. Shits fun pissing off pve-ers. Specially when you get hate mail.

I have yet to get much hate mail aside from "Are you happy now?"

As a pve-er I have to tell you that getting hate mail from defeated invaders is far more satisfying. Especially when you beat them solo.

Plus the angels would more likely resemble the ones described in the Bible, or like something out of Bayonetta

I disagree with this entirely in the High Wall you're traveling down a castle to get to a gate in Lothric Castle you're traveling up and forward the bridge with the dragons has to be one of my favorite areas with how you work your way around the them.

Yeah but that isn't a problem with the core level design it's a 'we can't keep making castles and shit fresh for three games in a row' problem. As for the bonfire placement apart from some wonky shit happening with the crucifixion woods, that area before the Cathedral, and that bit with two bonfires placed back to back in a literal straight line the bonfire placement feels consistent.

I got a few calling me a cunt, a prick and calling me a no-life faggot that just ambushes people cause hes a miserable prick. Was pretty funny at the time. Im guessing I cost them a good bit of souls.

That happens? Who invades and gets angry when they lose? It's part of the game when you choose the pvplife.

Im 100% down for angels looking like bayonetta.

I see you are on the ps3… what level by chance?

Covenants in this game are still bad, you're point? We have two covenants that literally do the same thing nigger why the fuck do the blue sentinels and the darkmoon blades together in the same game. Christ at least the Aldritch Faithful and Watchdogs of Farron patrol two different areas even if they are ripped from the Forest Hunters.

Angels are clearly related to the linking of the flame and Gwyn's folks. 5 bucks says angels are just crossbreeds like Priscilla that got worshipped somehow.

As opposed to all of that freeky deeky shit just lying there in the Deep.

Walking around in a circle?

Miyazaki isn't the end-all be-all of FromSoft and he wasn't there when this was still being called King's Field, and even that had stronger level design on the whole than DaS3. Castles in DeS and DaS had consistency, symmetry, each part of the area served a purpose and led to the next, DaS especially since they were quite literally just reusing real world locations. Side paths and side areas eventually looped back around to a main path in a way that made sense, they weren't "nooks and crannies"

I will put money down that the last DLC won't be about angels or the Deep or anything people are hoping for because then they couldn't slap together existing assets and would actually have to do some work, but that would be pretty nice if they looked like this

Except the angelic faith goes directly against the worship of the flame, and the entire reason why Lothric's Knights are in a civil war is because of the tension between religions. They're an outside entity that aren't like anything else in the established DS universe

Reductive but sure
Really m8, and when did I describe the lothric areas as being full of 'nooks and crannys' and not being focused on verticality?

Considering what the angel knights are worshipping is Gertrude the Heavenly Daughter I'd say it's a good bet that this woman is related to one of the old gods of lordran in some way, and isn't the conflict due to a certain prince deciding not to do a certain something while colluding with the scholars of the Grand Archives.

Nightmare of Mensis is all about climbing up to Mergo's Loft, does that make it a good level? Verticality isn't a redeeming qualitiy in itself.

Where can I read up on "The deep"? I've been taking breaks from the game because its just not as fun as the other souls games maybe I'm burnt out I've read a majority of the eauipment and item

Are you trying to say that the Nightmare of Mensis isn't a good level?

Read up on any item related to Aldritch and the Cathedral of the Deep.

The conflict surrounding the Prince is one element but not what the internal conflict in Lothric is about. The Queen of Lothric is heavily implied to be Gwynevere, and Gertrude is supposed to be one of her children that served as a handmaiden, but her encounter with the angels caused her to be imprisoned for heresy. So while Gertrude is related to the old lords, the angels themselves are completely separate

It's not a good level, especially not compared to the rest of that game

I think my biggest issue with DaS II is that the early game is very linear, and not just maps but also with the loot. You are forced to get certain weapons and items in a certain order, then take on actually artificially difficult enemies with these underpowered weapons leading to the whole thing becoming a slog. I never made it past that one spectral knight with the big sword for this reason.

The thing that was nice about the first game was that it wasn't difficult to those who put the time into learning the layout of the game. You could even have all the weapons and armor for your final build in the first 20 or 30 minutes if you knew where to look.

I really tried to like 2, but now of days I just jump back and forth between DeS and DaS. Shame they never seemed to manage to get the formula right after those two games.

That's an ancient picture from early 2010 Demon's Souls. Boy do I miss Demon's Souls threads.

There is nothing wrong with the covenant, there is everything wrong with where the retarded designer decided to dump the covenant statue. If they didn't want Great Lightning Spear to be available until the end of the game they shouldn't have made it a covenant reward.

I have been meaning to get on demon's souls for a little bit, will probably do so tomorrow. I loved messing with the elevators, and separating the host from his phantoms as they chased me around.

I wholehartedly disagree say what you will about DaS2 but at least it had the covenant of champions and the abyss seekers. The covenants in this game feel like a colossal step back in that regard.

But you're right locking great lightning spear behind a covenant award at the end of the game was a dumb idea. As is locking the majority of build focused items at the end of or very late into the game which is another serious problem that this game has in combination with how absurdely linear it is

wewlad

We clearly aren't going to see eye to eye on this matter.

Wait so Gertrude 'encountered' the angels I more or less assumed that she was intrinsically angelic because of her divine heritage.

There are two different areas you can go to from the start in das2, which both open up new areas. And with the blacksmith alone you can get weapons that favor warriors, or spearmen. It sounds like you just didnt take the time to look around. Das2 may not have been as open ended as Das1, but is a far cry from linear. What I do miss from 1 was the ability to get a weapon like the black knight sword or the greataxe from the knight past the dragon. Although DaS2 did have options, they didnt really have a weapon on par with those, which with luck could offer an entirely alternative playstyle centered around a new weapon you just happened to find.

Yeah you might be right. But didnt from create the new winter areas and enemies in the dlc? I guess it depends on how much work theyre willing to do really.

Nightmare of Mensis is worse than the Nightmare Frontier

Tomorrow you're sure? The last few times I replayed I tried to invade/summon as the Old Monk and I couldn't fight anyone, I might play tomorrow too

Yeah, this is explained in the miracle you find on her

What level? I find some of the areas are pretty active around level 30 or so.

Maybe I'll pick it up and try again. This will be the fourth time I do but I really want another souls adventure to enjoy, and from what I've seen 3 is the most linear of the bunch. I'd go for Bloodborne, but I'm not about to shell out 400 bucks for a ps4 to play one game.

I don't know, 30 sounds about right, I usually do Latria early. Maybe I'll try to underlevel next time if that's the problem

During the honeymoon phase I thought it was the best in the series behind Bloodborne, since then I've scaled my opinion on it back a bit but I think it's still bretty gud, better than 2.

Earlier last year I built a level 35 dedicated Old Monk character and had quite a good number of people to fight. Did some co-op with a friend a couple weeks ago but activity seemed a lot slower, but I wasn't trying to Monk it up so who knows.

Half the people I got summoned for never made it there.

Better to just play DaS1 instead imo if you want the souls experience. Maybe just try a new build like the other user is doing.

I've gotten to the point in DaS 1 where I've don't just about all the builds out there, was deleting finished out characters like it was not big deal, and was pumping all my points into 1 stat for a challenge. Maybe I'll go back to DeS again, I haven't played that game nearly enough.

Please tell me that there is hentai of this.

If 30-35 is the right level range I might do the same, but I know I played in human mode the whole time and never got invaded at all so I'm pretty sure the well is just drying up. This was back in October

Well those three Mindflayers can be a real bitch I guess

Did you try a max health/resistance with iron flesh build and let people invade you? It looked surprisingly fun, but make sure you get a weapon that can be used to smack somebody going for a back stab. Good choices would be ornstien's spear, or the golem axe.

I don't think so, but I wish there was.

The only people who usually do are only there for the old monk fight. But I try to invade everywhere I can.

Level 35 means you can be summoned for Old Monk between level 25 and level 75.

Level 30 would be 20-70.

So 35 would be better?

Depends on what level you think you'll most commonly encounter players.

For reference: mpql.net/tools/demons-souls/

Bloodborne is pretty cool, although it limits build variety a lot because there is no longer poise, encumbrance or Pyromancy/Sorcery. So your build basically comes down to what weapons you use, although there are some items that kind of fill the holes left by Pyromancy/Sorcery, and can be used on builds that opt to stat a lot of Arcane. Besides that there are apparently some gameplay modifiers in the DLC that change things up a bit but I've not touched that yet. I quite like the new weapon system, each weapon has a huge pool of attacks and so far every one I've tried is very different from the others, so this makes up for the loss of builds somewhat I suppose.

Another shitty thing is that invasions are mostly gone from the main game, you can only invade players who have summoned a co-op partner, or in a few designated areas that have enemies that activate invasions, but if they kill that enemy you can no longer invade, and it doesn't respawn, note that this enemy is also what allows invasions of players who summoned for co-op, so if they hunt it down you can't invade them either. The chalice dungeon thing also has some PvP functionality but so far I've just been soloing them and helping people in co-op so I'm not too sure about that yet. Overall it seems pretty quiet, I've only been invaded 3 times so far and I've put 30 or 40 hours into the game already I think.

Besides that combat is good, shields are no longer in the game (besides some weak ones that aren't that useful), but there is a system that allows you to recover HP after being hit by counter-attacking, so combat is more fast-paced and you can't really turtle and parry-bait. Parrying still exists but it requires to you shoot opponents at the right time, and seems harder to abuse, backstabs are also nerfed, you can only get one by first delivering a charge attack to an unsuspecting enemy, which is impossible to land reliably in the middle of a fight, so it's only handy if you sneak up on things. A lot of enemies are pretty dangerous, and can kill you quickly if you fuck up, so dealing with them quickly is satisfying, bosses tend to be tricky, although there are a few pushovers. Overall it's great, definitely better than DS2 and DS3. DeS, DaS and BB might as well be the holy trinity of the series so far.

You are seriously missing out

Actually there are more than two routes, though it involves some planning. You can get the cat ring and a branch of yore before doing any bosses which opens up The Gutter and the areas that lead towards Brightstone Cove. The path to Iron Keep is the only one where you have to defeat a boss to get that female cleric to open up that rotunda.

Thing is I got the game as a gift, but it didn't include the DLC, I never ever ever ever buy digital copies of console DLC so I'm waiting to get the physical version that includes the DLC.

Even with one more DLC planned by FromSoft. (Atleast that is what they say) I will never go back to Two or Three. The atmosphere sucks dick in them. There timing was all off, the level design was bad and the NPCS blew chunks. The true re playthrough is Demon, Dark1 and BloodBorne. That is it. I would have to borrow someone's ps4 again though, cause 500$ for one game is retarded.

Woops, double post a picture.

Semi-casual here, good fucking grief how do you people put up with this game? I get that its supposed to be death after death after death after death but for Christ's sake its just bullshit you can do nothing about sometimes.

I'd say that's the case in 2 for sure but not any of the others, it's not about dying over and over again, it's about learning from mistakes and if you die, it was more than likely your own fault.

The key is to not die.

Isn't the PTDE equivalent Euro-exclusive? Seems like a pretty bad idea to shell out for an expensive import on principle

If you die to something more than once you just need to rethink your strategy, I think an unfortunate number of people have bought into the meme of the games being hard

I live in New Zealand and have seen a copy, I just don't feel like shelling out at the moment.

It's about overcoming the odds and then some. By the end you're almost a master of the game and can pretty much beat anything the game throws at you now.

Fair points. Maybe its because I'm using standard KBM? I've heard that its better on an xbone controller so maybe I should give that a shot.

Eh, I for one never went fast in any of the games besides Bloodborne, cause from when I was playing it it wanted me to go fast in combat. As for the rest, I walked slow and enjoyed the levels and atmosphere. I never really died that much either. I think Dark Souls 2 had a lot of bullshit moments, but I never took that game seriously anyways. Just slow down and don't rush into anything. Oh wait,
what I am suppose to say though is.

GIT GUD

Jesus christ yes, they were made with controllers in mind, KB+M is suffering.

Xbone controller is better for me personally, but KBM is doable. The thing about DS is that the games require you to know what enemies do what, and how to react to it. Think of it like Punch-Out. It's more of a "okay, he'll move like this, so I'll do this" game. Once you know the strategies for each enemy, the game becomes much easier.

christ, how have you gone on this long? KB+M sucks for souls, because you need to be able to switch items on the fly with the D-pad, and aiming isn't really required because of the lock on. Try controller, it really is that much better.

I have done both mouse n keyboard and controller. Use a controller, it is much more enjoyable.

Speak for yourself. I beat most bosses solo without dying.

The two I'm most proud of are Oceiros and Dragonslayer Armour. First one because it was a struggle that I barely managed to win, and the second because it was a smooth as fuck fight that almost felt like we had choreographed the thing. God I love fighting Dragonslayer Armour.

forgot to add
But overall for the most part, these games don't have a lot of completely unavoidable attacks. DaSIII has to be the worst in terms of how aggressive and seemingly bullshit it can be at times though. It's my least favorite of the series, it just really feels like an afterthought to BB to me.

It really doesn't matter, KBM can be hard if you're going straight from controller, but if you go first into it with KBM and get used to it you can probably do fine with it. But most people prefer controller because their main focus has always been on console.

Dear fucking lord get a controller, never play a souls game without one

I love the dragons of all the souls games.

People love Sinh the slumbering dragon for some reason but I hated him, was fucking annoying. Predictable, bullshit hitbox, stayed in the air 3/4s of the fight.

Not the fights themselves, just the fact that the games had some semi decent dragons.

I love dragons generally being completely capable of shitstomping you with little to no effort, only one that ever got on my nerves was Kalameet for his tail being inaccessible at almost all times (I wanted that fucking greatsword god damn it) and he jumped up to spray breath straight down way more than he should've for some reason so he was where I couldn't hit him a lot.

Regarding the "DS3 is just Bloodborne" narrative I'm gonna say it now that you don't have a clue what you're on about. On a mechanical level DS3 is closer to Demon Souls than to Bloodborne with the only thing being closer to Bloodborne is the reuse of rock textures, which makes sense considering the game engine has been modified throughout each game all the way back to Demon Souls. DS2 is the only one that has it's own unique engine. This also brings me to the nonsense someone pointed out earlier that DS2 is closer to DS1 than DS3. One of the biggest differences in DS2 is the point where stamina regens which only happens when your weapon completely returns to the default position. This made the combat infuriatingly slow on the already slow combat and this only happens in DS2. All the other games behave exactly the same when stamina regen starts. Another is the way gravity affects the player which is considerably different. DS2 actually has momentum when falling compared to all the other Soulsborne games. Another big tell tale sign that DS2 plays differently is when you lose your online connection. In all the other games you get booted out of playing which is infuriating near the end of a boss, this doesn't happen in DS2. What changed DS3 to feel like Bloodborne to alot of people is the lack of classic poise, but to those who played the Souls games before then know that Demon Souls has the same hyper armor no poise for armor bollocks. If you don't like the mechanics for DS3 because they remind you of Bloodborne then you will hate Demon Souls even more.

I tried using a controller after playing DaS for a year with kb + mouse and god kbows how much does the controller suck ass.

Running and jumping is tricky as you need to press the analog stick whule pushingbin the right direction, to focus on an enemy you need to press analog again each time. The camera moves at a fixed speed. Aiming arrows and items is slower than the mouse. And the only advantage i perceived was that you could switch your items/weapons/magic with the dpad in a very intuitive manner. But you can configure the keyboard or mouse to override the default macros for switching for easier ones.

Anyone who recommends gamepads over kb+mouse for DaS is a massive casual.

I mean if you're autistic and wanna put yourself at a massive disadvantage go right ahead. By the way, every single one of your issues are fixable. Jumping is kinda jank so I'll give you that, but they improved it in the consecutive games, you can set enemy locking to automatic, you can increase the camera sensitivity, as for the aiming arrows and items thing, maybe if you have the dexterity of a slug.

Anyone who venomously recommends kb+mouse over a controller is a tryhard. It's also a sign that you're fishing for recognition. Stupid ego stroking IMO.

Who actually sets it to automatic? Lock on basically forces you to circle-strafe your target and jams your camera in place, it's not ideal in many situations. It does makes fighting easier and has no downsides if you're in a corridor/an open space with only one opponent, the rest of the time you can and should try to get by without relying on it. Being able to fight without lock-on is always a godsend for those frantic fights where you bump into a group of enemies and can't retreat, it makes hit+dodge gameplay a lot easier.

Has anyone overlaid the DSIII map to DSI yet? I want to see how much overlap there is, if any to Lordran.

It was okay, PvP meta's just a bit stale.

All I ever do is cosplay as the knights in the game. I used to troll like this to. I would wait in the darkroot forest until I got invaded, fall down into the basin, climb the ladder, and just stare off into the distance like how Black Knights usually do. There would be a fog gate protecting me from death and nobody was ever able to kill me.

This game is shitter than the first one but better than the second one.
Really? I felt it's been sped up to pander to newfags.

Okay anons, I am going to get on demon's souls in a little bit and start invading probably in the mines. If anyone wants to get invaded, or wants to join me I am around level 30.

Damn this game is dead as hell right now, I am going to get lunch and try again later.

scrubs tend to say that, because otherwise they would have to say "I get that Im too bad at vydia to play this"

Not really.

The game itself, even once you master and understand its real meat, is pretty mediocre. Shallowest game in the series by far though it somehow also manages to be the most tedious.

DLC is short.
The weapons it adds mix things up a bit with interesting movesets.
The level design is a bit closer to DaS1/DeS, far better than anything in the main game.
Out of a whopping 2 bosses only 1 is any good, the other will fold like paper.

If you're not having any fun now you won't be having fun after buying the DLC.

Boy they sure run fast when they see the scraping spear.

It's better to stay silent and be assumed an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt.

Post the one where it shows his jew face

don't have it

Making me look for it, shameful…

WAAAAAAAAA!

Its about rolling in 3. Keep in mind from programs like wet dogshit, so the enemies will autotrack you 360% when they do full body swings. Always be ready to dodge or shield and study enemy attacks for bullshit moves.

Yeah not enough options like the previous games to keep things interesting and switch shit up. From should just fix poise already.

Looks like an ugly italian pedo.

this idea is fuckin retarded. They should've just kept the project name of Beast Souls to make it clearer to casuals like you

The project name was Project Beast, I think the only person who called it Beast Souls was Vaati

Bloodborne audience for you in a nutshell I guess.

Reminds me of the guy I fought in PVP the other day with a giant Jew nose called Altrght Neckbrd or something along those lines.

Is there a reason why I'm dying in two hits? I'm great at dodging which is how I got past Irtythill lothric and grand archives but should I just dump everything into vigor or something?

Couldn't have put it better myself, since a quick google search for "beast souls" brought up vaati and I knew the title was Project Beast already. Nice KLK image faggot

Ryuko is a cute

I was playing Demon's souls earlier today, and I barely got any invasions at all. Most either died just as I joined, or I simply just didn't connect. I only got 4 invasions in about 3 hours, and the old monk fight I got into the host DCed.

Told you, sorry I didn't join you though, I ended up playing something else

She comes in handy. I make a lot of uneducated guesses.

She is

you should have at least 20 vigor or wtv one gives health.