Why is this shit so popular? Seeing that this was one of the top selling games on Steam...

Why is this shit so popular? Seeing that this was one of the top selling games on Steam, i decided to check out some gameplay footage to see what was all about and its just… simpler soccer with cars?

play it, though it's much better if you have a team you can communicate and strategize with.

Ahh so its one of those games, the kind that requires friends to be enjoyed.

yeah I played it with a couple of friends when they had the free weekend, shit is pretty cash though I wouldn't pay more than 7 or 8 bucks for it, the pricetag is ridiculous for the content it offers

It reminds me of blitzball.
I wish they made a blitzball game instead of that fucking Final Fantasy 10-3 drama where Tidus gets decapitated with a blitzball.

It's honestly just really fun and basic gameplay.
It's as arcade as it gets, drop in, play a while, and then stop.

Great to pass a few minutes every once in a while. Gets incredibly better if you have friends to have banter with.

Fun in small bouts. I like the game mode with the powerups. I play it with my brother and have can ok time,
but yeah its soccer with cars.

I can see how it might be fun in short bursts but it still doesn't explain why the game is considered an "E-Sport" when it has about as much depth as Balloon Fight.

It's only popular to those who are:
A. Autistic
B. Tryhards
3. All three.

People are dumb.
We all are dumb.

Literally the same reasoning used when people say shit like overmeme is a good game

I haven't played Overmeme but I have no idea why it would be a bad game.
Can you give me one reason besides "it's similar to mobas" and "I don't like blizzard"?

It's mechanically solid and has a gorgeous aesthetic.

it IS just soccer with cars. thats kinda what makes it fun. especially when you learn how to jump hit and glide and such. it takes much more skill than you'd think at higher levels.

not all games require shitloads of variety in gameplay just to be fun and simple. look at mario or pacman. Even real life games like blackjack or war.

Ever watch gameplay of Pool in real life? its fuckin boring. but when you actually play it for yourself and use your mind to plan out shots or try to get the right angles to bounce off the walls, its much more fun.

I think this is one of the biggest falsehoods people say about this game, but it's also very easy to see why so many people say it. The difference between high and low level rocket league is use of the boost mechanic. When you first start out, boost is nothing more than your primary tool to go faster in attempt to ram into the ball and hope it goes in the generally right direction; the game is played very low to the ground, driving fast, using boost, and occasionally using the jump to maneuver, shoot, or defend the goal. The game is 2 dimensional, or at least close to it. As you get better, though, you start to realize that the word 'boost' doesn't truly describe what you've got – boost doesn't just let you go fast, it lets you go high. A good player is practically playing a different game than the newbie, one with an added dimension to learn, play in, and understand.

Check out this video or any other, I just found this on jewtube searching 'rocket league aerial montage' and you'll see how different a sport rocket league is.

One of the key aspects of the game (ultimates) is also flawed since you keep your ult charge even when you die. On top of all that there's the SJW agenda that blizzard has. Oh and also roadhog has a magnetic hook that can pull people straight through balconies.
It's shit.

It's quite arcadey.

Fun in small doses. Matches are 5 minutes long so you can get your fill from 20 minutes of gameplay.

It's popular because it's fun. That's the long and short of it.

I think you mean "both" or "all of the above."

That sounds like a lot of subjective shit to be honest.

Why is this shit so popular? Seeing that this was one of the top selling games on N64, i decided to check out some gameplay footage to see what was all about and its just… mario 64 with bears?

I know damn well what I said.

Its western mario 64, but better.

It emulates alright, go try it yourself.

That sounds like you lack reading comprehension or just straight didn't read my post TBH

I did read your posts, and it reads as someone that doesn't like the game and gets mad because some people do.
Fuck I hated every RTS I played because it's tedious and repetitive, but I don't go around saying that they're shit games just because I don't like them.

This. The skill ceiling is a lot higher than OP seems to think, which is a sign of a well-designed game given its simplicity. Soundless webm, but shows what a moderate-level player might pull off that a beginner could never hope to.

I provided actual objective arguments to why overmeme is objectively shit. You, on the other hand, have provided zero rebuttal to any of my points and you have even admitted that you have not played the damn game.

Soccer has more depth than this

this is true.

You also need to be a good actor to play professional soccer

The skill ceiling is incredibly high. People who are good at the game will shit all over people who are bad at the game. Its also a lot of fun to play; especially when you have friends around.

Objective?
Bad weapons and shit ults is objective?

What kind of fucking objective arguments are these?

They make the game casual, so it's shit.

He just explained how the game is mechanically flawed, maps are poorly laid out and game itself subject to poor design choices.

The only subjective points he made was the shit tier ults and cringey characters, neither of which are particularly wrong.

Ability based shooters suck ass as it is, least of all when you have ults in the mix which are, by and large, "fuck you I win this fight" buttons. They charge much too fast and are ridiculously potent.

Just imagine playing TF2 on Gold Rush or Dustbowl against Demos and Soldiers with crits on demand. Every round. Forever.

if the game is press-q-to-win easy, its not as fun.

Paladins is much more balanced and ULTs require much more skill. Sure its an obvious rip off, but the gameplay is significantly better, unless you dont mind assists counting on your k:d, just so you can brag about how your k;d is finally more than 1:2

And this is why your argument is not objective.

That's from when the game was good, and an early alpha build. Although it was only much later, your webm is from before they messed with the physics and introduced lag compensation which made how you hit the ball and where it goes completely unrelated.
The "skill ceiling" in the game nowadays is hoping the server is besides you and your ping is 5 and even then the physics are still fucky.

You're a retard mate, Overmeme is shit and I say that as someone who played it. Luckily I got it from a friend and didn't pay for shit.

There's more but I think that's enough for now. Kill yourself Overcuck.

yeah why is there loot crates? what kind of meme is this
literally mmo tier garbage

You pay for the game but then you have to keep paying, fucking ridiculous.

The only proof you need that this game is mechanically babytier is that webm or hanzo shooting practice robots with the huge headshot hitbox. That was made before the enlarged his projectiles to tree size to make him more viable.

you get a box every level. nothing is forcing you to buy them.

And yet you conveniently ignore in order to continue shilling for Overshit.

I like the game. I really don't give a shit what you think.

Then quit defending it if you "don't care", nigger. This is a kindergardener's copout.
"I like x!"
"It's bad though, it gives you [insert bad thing here]."
"I DON'T CARE THAT IT DOES THAT! I LIKE IT, STOP DISAGREEING WITH ME!!!!"
Please leave here and go back to your cancerous general, or better yet, go and stay on the Blizzard forums with all your other Overcuck friends so that we can have one more general off the board.

its good but it hurts your eyes

It's a football game.

WITH CARS

12 years old boys wet dream right there

you SILLY BILLY