You ever spend full price on a game and end up being bored of it before the end of the week?

You ever spend full price on a game and end up being bored of it before the end of the week?

No because I'm not a faggot OP

Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game.

No because I don't buy games at full price

Long ago when i was susceptible for marketing hype. Otherwise the worst thing that happens to me is buying good, niche games like Factorio or Shenzhen I/O, then enjoying them for a few hours and never touching them again. I have no motivation to start them and i feel like if i have to motivate myself to start a videogame, im doing something wrong. Might as well use that motivation to do something productive.

Nope, feels good man.

tons of times. it doesnt happen very often nowadays because im not paying for games as often or even really looking for new ones.

I've only ever bought two games full price.
I preordered Killing Floor because I knew that I would play it for a long time. I still play it at least once a week.
I preordered NuCom because I was desperate for a new X-Com game. It's not as good as it could've been but I still beat it. I play Long War every once in a while.
After NuCom I stopped preordering games and only bought games on sale. A little after that I stopped buying games entirely.

Eyyup

Barely made it out the 'tutorial' level for that.

Never ever pre-orders or vidya at full-price.

It's still 20 bucks.

I'm not sure why more people don't do returns. If it's bad don't just go and fucking let them keep your money so they use it to make more things just as garbage as the game you should have returned.

Naw.

It's not like you couldn't see that one coming from miles away.

Being a diehard fan of the series (literally, I'm the guy who wrote the 250 page guide for the first game), I honestly didn't.

That just raises further questions considering how drastic the change from one to two was.

Less than 3 days, luckily I was able to return it for a full refund. I learned my lesson on how not to trust anyone; even devs you once loved.

Are you imp,young I am an X-ray or possibly an additional crappy you?

I liked the changes - didn't love some of them like physical health and looting, but other stuff like tomb raiding, chariot chases and faster climbing were all good in my eyes.

It had some good minor changes but there was so much dumbing down it was ridiculous, the first was really close to being an amazing game if it had more content but they just threw the baby out with the bathwater and started fresh as some weird Italian GTA on rooftops wanna be where you go from mission to mission just to advance the plot. Instead of feeling like an assassin actually doing the ground work of gathering intel on your targets and getting neat shit like a map of what route they are gonna take or getting tipped off to an unguarded escape route you just go to the glowy thing on the map watch a cutscene and follow orders every mission just like GTA.

>hidden blade turned into easy mode by letting you block with it this part was one the things that pissed me off most

So much of the little things were either dumbed down or removed completely, the throwing knives in particular were one of the single coolest examples of TECHNOLOGY in all of vidya. But all that shit took hard work to make and maintain and why do that when people will buy GTA with swords?
Maybe Jade did nothing wrong

Most smash games.

That isn't really TECHNOLOGY so much as attention to detail.

When you put it like that I feel like I need to replay them back to back to compare, I haven't played AC2 in years. AC1 is definitely the purer experience, though.

That being said, the present day parts are what makes the game extra fascinating to me, and the only reason I keep playing the new ones not buying them though

i bought dayz, played it for 4-6 hours and gave up. fucking nothing happens in it
and of course this was a year before steam refunds, so i was fucked

I hope you learned a lot since then

arma wouldn't have worked on my toaster, people on Holla Forums actually recommended it can't remember if it was 4/Holla Forums though

I got as far as the spider-walker boss on the ice planet (Fichina, I guess) before my boredom and frustration prevented me from going on any further. I complete 99% of the games I start, but this was just too much.

Is there any fun to be had later on in this?

It would have been 4chan and if you couldn't play it on ARMA you missed the only good times before it got flooded by shitters and reddit.

The last time I did this was the force unleashed, don't remember why but I fucking hated that game

It ran pretty shit on my computer too but was the actual standalone better optimized? I only heard horror stories about it during the time I actually played dayz on arma 2

it ran well enough for me, with the only issue being that for 60 people on a map, the map must have been huge since i only met like 3 people in 4 hours

Explain this logic

Games these days are nowhere near as good so their value has declined even while the petrodollar has inflated.