Offline MMOs

Because sometimes you just hate people and want to be the lone explorer of the lands.

What are some MMOs that have been hacked for offline, subscriptionless play?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Building_the_Server
youtube.com/watch?v=OmeP1YkaeTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

vanilla WoW can work pretty well as a singleplayer game if you jack up the stats so that you can solo raids

SWTOR is pretty much a singleplayer mmo

Wildstar.

Final Fantasy 12 as well.

Kingdoms of Amalur

Maybe you meant 11. There's an offline server you can make.

Xenobalde and Xenoblade X.
Final Fantasy 12.
Kingdoms of Amalur.
DA: Cisquisition.

skyrim

Kingdoms of Amalur

No, he meant 12.

MMOs are shit, but comparing NMS to them would be an insult to all MMOs out there.

No 12. 12 plays like an MMO.

FF12 IZJS and Xenoblade Chronicles never let me down if I just want a world to myself.

Ragnarok

Not really, at least in no man's sky you actually do something…

How does leveling work? do you level quicker because you're soloing everything?

It's the other way around really.

Who the fuck would do such a stupid thing?

not a single damn MMO has combat worth playing, every mmo is entirely reliant on others to have fun

Sometimes you just want to grind your worries away.
Also MMOs usually offer customization and dress up options, that can't be found in single player games.

Borrowed that off a friend to play on 360 a while back. It definitely has that MMO feel, but sadly it came with the crushing boredom of an MMO's grindy gameplay as well.

How's that

Then why not play a JRPG? Or even better, play Disgaea.

The game looks great but the camera is shifted to look down at the ground. I think it has a bit of a modding scene so there might be a fix to that but otherwise it's a pretty comfy game with some arcadish combat. Just don't look for a good story or variety in the gameplay. The game is no better than a 5/10.

Even wow combat is better than JPRGs.
And fuck anything grid-based, it only adds stress instead of relieving it.

If you could solo dungeons then yeah you'd level up pretty quick because they give way more experience than outdoor enemies even after getting split among 5 players.

Phantasy Star Universe are pretty much just offline MMO.
Unfortunately, so is the Dreamcast PSO because the servers are dead

Every MMO where you can emulate a Private Server, which is nearly every good MMO i know. For multiplayer dungeons you can either cheat up your stats temporarely or spawn NPCs to assist you.
Otherwise, Guild Wars 1 works pretty well playing it entirely alone even when on official servers, as long as you use the right builds.

You've piqued my interest.

At least I can kill people in MMOs.

wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Building_the_Server

Might as well drive a car without wheels and an engine. Why not just play an RPG? The other alternative or really only real answer I have for you is to make your own private server (Maplestory and WoW for example have very easy guides on how to set on your own PS) using the available files and guides out there that show you how and then play as the only person on your private server or even invite a few others if you get bored. That's the only method I can think of right now.

thanks

Why would you play a game designed for online play offline? Why not just play a single player game?

No refunds goy

wasnt there going to be a .Hack mmo? i heard about this in 2005 i think but still nothing ever comes up about it

Already playing it. Pirated, naturally

Subscriptionless?

Can you play them for free tho?

Tiny maps, plus the lore and story of games like The Secret World, EVE and RIFT are interesting to me.

Toontown Offline is a thing. As an added bonus, everything in the game is soloable.

offline massively multiplayer online

Well shit, if you are this masochistic you might as well go for DA:I. Its more of a single player MMO than kingdoms of amalur

I take that back. What the shit is up with these installation instructions? They, rather conveniently, leave out that you need Navicat(shit you have to pay for) to get the databases set up properly ON TOP of all the other shit you need to download and install.
Fuck that. Fuck all of that.

Precisely. I wish to excise the multiplayer aspect.

.hack
.hack G.U.
Phantasy Star Online (the one on dreamcast and gamecube)
Kingdoms of Amalur

this is bait

lolno
While Tortanic could have been salvaged as a shitty KOTOR 3 since you can play it by yourself and focus on the "story" the amount of shit EA locks away behind that $15 a month makes it effectively impossible to play for free unless you like grinding for ages because you get less XP.

Witcher 1 can feel like one

:^)

Dragon's Dogma feels like an offline MMO

BLands actually has a great looking universe that's sadly ruined by the writing and the plot. I consider BLands to be one of histories most wasted potentials of a game.

I still weep for the old artstyle before it got turned into a cartoon.

The only reason the art design looked decent is because it was literally stolen from another artist.

Good artists steal yknow? Show me what they based it off of.

CodeHunters.

>tfw they are adding Mordor soon

There was, it's called Frägment. Though it wasn't really massively multiplayer, just online.

Some guys have been working on getting it running and setting up a server. You can play it on a PS2 emu.

youtube.com/watch?v=OmeP1YkaeTo

They didn't pay the motherfucker who made this a dime.

I checked it for about 12 seconds in google images. Looks like the swapped grey for brown and put it in the middle of a desert planet. I'de say "strongly inspired' over stole though. It's similar but stolen is a bit far.

Brilliance. You must have higher education to be that fucking retarded.

The design in the films were shite, m8

The game's still shit regardless of designs.

I love shit like this, but the good ones are hard to come by.

Massively Alone Offline > Massively Multiplayer Online

I want to to pat that halfling's head while I smugly smoke pipe weed

They literally called the guy in as a consultant and told him they wanted him to help them with the game, then as soon as they got a hold of his concept art they kicked him out and ceased all communication. Then claimed he was the one who broke it off.

Did he claim otherwise? Post proof or something, I've heard this story told differently on another thread that it was mutual while he went off to do his own thing.

Did you ever consider that you weren't the target audience and people who actually read the books were? They never tried to hide to the fact they were taking inspiration from the books and ignoring the movies, they were clearly stating since the fucking beta. That fact that it lived this long is testament to that being the correct choice.

Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Same with FFXIV

I did consider that, and I consider that choice to be highly stupid to the point of implausibility.

It's not even possible to be that fucking retarded.

Dragon Age Inquisition

Ah, LOTRO.
Any idea how to make a private server on this so I can fuck around with friends?