Tell me Major, if the Federation is so great why are there no good Star Trek games?

Tell me Major, if the Federation is so great why are there no good Star Trek games?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodolgaming.com/downloads/index.php?dir=ka/
jiridvorak.webpark.cz/ka/
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tapestry_(episode)
rescue.sourceforge.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know user, Dark Forces is pretty good.

Ugliest Europe I've ever seen, gj

Do you think you're being funny, you Jewdie Lucas-cocksucking faggot?

Batman was created by a jew

Star Trek and Star Wars are in the same universe.

Jewjew has corrupted both franchises user, grieve with me

Because Star Trek is shit. It always has been.

Also, (((Roddenberry))).

I've heard Star Trek Online is okay, for an MMO F2P, but it won't download and I don't care enough

Why does no one say Elite Force in these threads? It's plenty fun

This board is owned by a jew. Are you going to leave?

I'd assume everyone takes it as a given since Elite Force is known to be pretty good even for people who aren't into Trek. For those who are you might want to check out picrelated. Perfectly average third person shooter but with a fun 'three interlinking stories' gimmick and some stuff DS9 fans at least will enjoy. If anyone wants to play it make sure to use OpenGL mode but be warned it's a dick to find nowadays.

Showing my age here, but back in the DOS era there was a point-and-click adventure game based on TOS that was amazing. Basically a series of short stories framed as if they were episodes of the 60's series, mostly puzzle-solving and dialogue but with some arcadey minigames.

Tell me faggot, more so since you're using a Cardassian, how come you don't know of Birth of the Federation or Armada?

But there are.

Ownership is a spook

user that's Gul Darhe'el, not Gul Dukat.

Why do you repost shit threads from Holla Forums?

Gene Roddenberry was such a huge larpy communist faggot he might as well be a honorary Jew.

You haven't seen anything yet.

a war? on bajor? preposterous

I like Star Trek, but if there's one thing I gathered, it's that the Federation is a bunch of corrupt, lazy, incompetent beurocracts.

Theres a star trek thread up right now in catalog @

shamefur dispray
goodolgaming.com/downloads/index.php?dir=ka/
jiridvorak.webpark.cz/ka/

I know, but it was still a good image otherwise.

How would you know how an economy would function in a world where you can just replicate anything you want? They even say on the show that they have replicator credits.

Aamin we know being a file clerk while everyone else was out purging Bajoran scum was a hard and thankless job. But larping as one of the greatest purgers of the Eternal Bajoran isn't helping your ego. You did a fantastic job at accurately and efficiently verifying confirmed Bajoran casualties! If it wasn't for hard working and patriotic Cardassians such as yourself, we would never have a definitive death toll the occupation caused!

Why does that ewok have a vagina on its forehead?

Get on my level, newfag.

This is, and apparently will be, the only good Trek game. Unfortunately, to play it you have to be a massive Trek nerd, and therefore it is apparent that quality is meaningless to you. So the question of "best" Trek game becomes meaningless.

The Bajorians really pissed me off about DS9, Totally spoiled pampered children crying about Muh oppression under the sensible cardassians.

The fact that the Feds bent over backwards for these ingrates made me hate federation especially when the Maquis suffered the exact treatment under the cardassian occupation and got hunted by nigger sisko with his massive hate boner to Eddington.

Hearing Kira moan about muh oppression really fucking grated on me kind of like how supposedly scientist Janeway made countless irrational. decisions.

That is a very trash tier list, especially when it leaves out what could be argued as one of the top Space Games ever made.

Tell me user, if DS9 was so great why did it have literally the Mariest Sue ever written?

What was wrong with the Starfleet Command series, OP?

Starfleet Command III

If Holla Forums is so great then tell me why are there so many shitty template threads?

So, let's discuss the lack of fanfare videogame adaptations of Star Trek gets, the MMO and that movie tie-in with the first JewJew Abrams movie had great ideas, but a couple of months later, it's fucking dead.

I liked the old man especially in the tribble episode. She was better than the tomboy that replaced her later in the show.

It doesn't even have the mariest sue of Star Trek. And stop misusing the word literally faggot.

Armada was great.

Also if vulcans/edgy vulcans are space elves/dark elves, klingons are space orcs, ferengi are space goblins, what are bajorans?

Jews

Aren't those ferengi as well?

scum

Actually more like Israel. Using "Muh Occupation" to get what they want.

This

I read that in Qs voice

ferengi are the happy merchant kind

I need plebs to off themselves.

Is star trek series worth of being actually watched?

Say what?

What is this coal burner garbage?

Women in Star Trek love the "Chosen one by an ancient alien race" guys.

I guess star trek isn't based after all.

Nothing happened between Sisko and the old man. She knew Bones though.

She knew a lot of "Bones" :^)

Hell, everyone in Star Trek is so fucking special, that if you ever try to watch the entire franchise, you'll get bored by constant amount of recycled cliches, retcons, attempts of outdoing the last series, and ect, bad case of too many cooks and constant milking, only redeeming part is the bants, especially Quark and Q.

wasnt there a shareware star trek roguelike?

You can't own a board, man.

Okay I searched for it, what is the context behind this image. I have always been curious.

Ferengi don't really fit as the jews because while they are all about money ferengi have strict rules of business. Jews are just liars, a ferengi will actually work for their money.

Ferengi remind me of Eygptian carpet salesmen.

Some outtake, but no idea what episode from.
Might be one of the Lore ones.
Some tumblr sites had something about "Star Trek: Confidential with “Spinner and Dates”" where it's supposed to be from, but I couldn't find anything about it.

There are actually three species in DS9 I'd list as the "Jews of Star Trek".
The Ferengi need little explanation. With appearances distinguished by a grotesquely large sensory organ, and a society run entirely around the deification of profit, they represent the Jewish Banker.
The Bajorans, differing from real poeple by the shape of their nose, are defined by two things: the fact that they are the Prophets' Chosen People, and that they were subject to the worst genocide that ever has been or ever will be (yet was less lethal than holding a full-time job in modern USA when you actually run the numbers). They represent the Jewish Victim.
The third Jew, and the one most often overlooked, is the Founders. Their modus operandi is to infiltrate the societies of the goyim solids, disguising themselves as part of the same species, and take control of the most powerful positions of command and influence.

The shoah would be amazing!

Why do you just assume that they're banging?

Klingon Academy
Starfleet Command

Elite force was basically a licensed Q3 mod

Jews also created Star Trex
Though Jews didn't create W40k

But they did explain. It was where the Obsidian Order and Tal Shiar assembled their joint fleet to attack the Founders later that season.

Fug, I must've forgotten. But it's so stupid how that episode justs ends without resolving it there and then.

I implied it before you posted that…

It depends. TOS is basically a series of short plays or allegories. For the most part the stories are not connected and can be watched out of sequence. The science part is more of a veneer.
TNG is more structured, and has a main (and several smaller) story arcs. Some of these even spin-off into other shows and films. TNG has a much more integrated "science" and technology aspect, and really hams that up with what Gene Roddenberry called "technobabble".
Voyager is all over the place… it starts in a battle between the Maquis and Federation with two ships getting warped to the Delta Quadrant. The two crews combine and a bunch of random stuff happens on their 70yr journey back to Federation space.
DS9 takes place on a space station after the war with the Borg. It's mainly about the wormhole to the Gamma Quadrant, and the Dominion that controls that Quadrant and invades the Alpha Quadrant through the wormhole.
Enterprise I'm not really sure as I didn't watch most of it, and didn't see the beginning. I think it might be about the prototype Enterprise ship and a Temporal Cold War.

I personally like TOS the most, and then I have a hard time picking between TNG and DS9 for runners up.

Make a wrong turn down a corridor suddenly you are a borg just like that!. How is that a fair game in a pick and choose adventure.

How many games do you see?

No good ones in your collection, that's for sure.

I'd say so. is pretty accurate summation too but I haven't watched Enterprise just yet. I like ds9 the best but it's mainly just because the ending of the series actually wraps it up pretty well. Episode to episode to episode quality is kind of all over the place. Voyager is pretty shit because most of the characters suck or are poorly acted. Ensign Kim is a main character who is like a workplace safety film tier actor. When ToS is good it's really good but some episodes are just so hammy.

she actually fucked a young bones.

but she lost literally every fight against worf
she sucked

ferengi are capitalist jews, bajorans are shoah jews

TOS has some good episodes but i wouldn't watch the entire thing
TNG is TOS with a better budget, but the political plot with the romulans and klingons tends to get annoying. realistically you want to watch it for Q and Data episodes
DS9 nails the politics, literally space hitler and the space jews, it's great.
Enterprise is alright, but it's even more boring than TOS/TNG, so i wouldn't bother watching it

well they do, under their definition of "work"

you're forgetting the romulans, they essentially did the same shit the founders did, but with vulcans instead of humans

dukat did absolutely everything right, fucking ancient space alien gods had to intervene just to make him lose, this show is bullshit

and of course the pic doesn't get saved correctly

Ferengi are space merchants, Bajorians are space jews that won't shut up that a race that had more technological advances pushed their shit in after the Bajorians would rather cry to the federation than actually defend their "holy" worm hole.

well a ferengi will still try to scam you in a deal, so i can't say they're not jews

True, but they are the jew that just tries to get one past the goyim. Bajorians use the Federation like it's their own personal thug that protects them. At least they are not zionist like the dominion. Fuck shape shifters, no wonder they are batshit crazy, they more than likely have no ego thanks to their abilities.

Suddenly Roddenberry dying makes a lot more sense why Star Trek started to go downhill.

roddenbery just wanted to show the jews and goyim some real communism

>tfw they are perfectly fine killing bad goyim proles ala Section 31

That was such a stupid line to add it. It added nothing to the episode but reminding us that Dax is an easy slut. It doesn't build character, it doesn't make the universe feel more real or alive or any of that bullshit, it was just pure "look how sexually liberated I am, isn't that sexy?" bullshit. She was the worst character in all of star trek

TODAY, I WILL REMIND THEM

you're both wrong

Odo > Data

Fite me nerds.

data was better you fag

Yeah you're right actually.

He's not wrong though. Data was just tranny rights: robot flavored.
>Implying Mark isn't just a dumber Odo.

Swap the obsession for justice with obsession for cake and I think you're on to something here.

odo should have just joined his race and conquer shit
he could have given them so much knowledge about the federation
instead the fag stays with the feds because he likes a bajewran

The character is actually a melding of a humanoid and a symbiont that contains the memories and experiences of past hosts. That said, I thought Dax was one of the weaker characters.

?

Odo would be a million times better if it weren't for his exasperated huhs and when he did try to show emotion he did that pedo smile and anime eyes.

Kes is worse.

did you miss the episode where they had to put data on trial for being a living being in order to decide whether they can use him for android research?

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tapestry_(episode)

They even did an episode of "What if a character WASN'T special?" to show how special they are.

Yes, but I dont understand the connections. They were trying to determine his sentience, I'm not sure I follow.

This had already been established a billion times by this point.

it's the same thing as determining whether a tranny can really be considered whatever gender they want to be

His face's skin was so tight he can't not do a pedo smile when he looks anything but annoyed and the costume department didn't help him with the anime eyes.

It's one thing to determine if a mentally impaired being believes itself to be something it's not and a completely different thing to determine if an artificial being is indeed sentient enough to classify as a living thing.

That seems like a bit of a stretch.

Oh yeah I know, and they only made actual use of it just a few times. What a joke.

Who are you? You're clearly not Holla Forums, even they aren't this dumb.

But that a scammer does not a jew make. Jews will scam people sure, but they jews go far beyond any kind of scammer because they believe everything in the world belongs to them by right so they can seize it whenever they can. A Ferengi is all about business good or bad, you will never hear how a Ferengi refers to himself as the galaxies chosen.

That's the bajoran's job. :^)

it's the same fucking thing you god damn doughnuts
in reality you're judging whether the target is the one who should be deciding what it is, or if you/nature decide what's what
trannies say they're the opposite sex. we say they're crazy
data says he's sentient. we say he's just programmed to think that way

Exactly

But aren't humans pretty much like that? They even brought up how they could not technically prove that the prosecutor was sentient.

Except it's not you fucking dolt. Data is sentient, a fact that had already been established long before that point in the show, while trannies are not the gender they think they are no matter how 10/10 their mental gymnastics are.
The point of the episode was to illustrate how pointless it is to ask questions when the answers are already in your face obvious.

They even turn him actually human but STILL keep the face, what the fuck.

she's not canon but I wonder if this sparked any older furries.

Watching TNG now and I don't remember a Trill on ToS but the changes they made in just a year or so a part seemed to be kind of dumb.

what's sad is it could have been easily fixed or explained away as him getting better and using less prosthetic make up. instead they just made the other older more proficient shape shifters look like him for some reason.

it didn't make sense at all really. They wouldn't have had him go to the academy if he wasn't sentient. It's fucking a priori tbh. The tech guy compares him to any equipment on board a star ship but all of them are just assembled, programmed and installed. If Data were just equipment they would have just filled him with Rules and Reqs and have him chill somewhere on a ship. It is his very sentience that put him in the role he served under in the first place.

While Bajorans get the victim mentality aspect right I think they're in a way more like SJWs or radical leftists. They're constantly going through a revolution it seems like. Whether political, or religious what have you. Cardassians never seem to be aware of the current star date. Federation overseeing everything we do and nannying us back to help they say shit like:
>yea we signed a non-aggression pact with the Dominion who are aligned with our ebil oppwessows

oh yeah I forgot about that.

the result of the argument doesn't matter, the point me and the other user were trying to make is that the argument was of a similar nature

Top border gore

That was done as a punishment by the founders.

The argument might be of a similar nature but its a huge stretch to say Star Trek was going for the tranny bullshit. The conflict of robots trying to be human or considered sentient is a staple of science fiction, it has nothing to do with this.

Gender is based on physical traits, you autist. Some mentally deficient retards just think they're the wrong gender because autism.

Meanwhile, sentience is another matter entirely. It is a question of where intelligent life starts. Whether a machine can think for itself.
It has nothing to do with some genital mutilation loonybins.

and it's not a huge stretch to have a whole episode where they decide whether data thinks for himself or not?
if they can do space communists and space jews, i'm sure they can do robot trannies

but the argument is still about something data claims that he is, and other people disapproving
same as a tranny saying he/she is the opposite sex and me disagreeing

Sentience is not based on physical characteristics, you autist.
God damn.

the actual argument doesn't matter, you nigger
it's the nature of it that's the same

Look what you did you this thread you monster.

The argument does matter you fucking nitwit. You're trying to say two fundamentally different arguments are the same thing because there's something to be argued at all.
You're a fucking idiot.

actually the argument is the same, but the nature is different.

The nature of the argument?
I don't see how.

Transfaggots deny their physical characteristics. They say "I am not X, despite that my physical form is".
This isn't a case of, as you put it, "a tranny saying he/she is the opposite sex and me disagreeing".
Your disagreement is not the basis of the argument. The fact they have a dick is.

Seek mental help.

now you're just pushing it
both arguments are me saying i am something, and someone else disagreeing
what we're saying we are doesn't fucking matter. i don't care whether one is a mental thing and the other is a physiological one. the NATURE OF THE ARGUMENT is still the same, even if the argument is different

Now I know you don't know anything. There are whole books dedicated to the robot sentience question. How can you speak about this without knowing Asimov for example?

With trannies, the question is if they are what they believe to be (they're not). With Data, the question is if he can even be (he can).

Also >actual argument doesn't matter.

SJWs say that shit. Context and argument ALWAYS matter.

we all know where this thread is going to

Cardassia did nothing wrong.
brb, executing myself.

why would the context of the argument matter?
it could be any argument
ANYTHING could have worked in the episode, they'd just use different facts

You're right.

Armada III when? Btw what are the numbers of the Bajoran shoah? I never got that far into DS9, never saw a hard figure except muh countless dead.

I thought there was an Armada 3 on the RTS thread's shitpostinfographic. Is that one just a mod?

Once again Rorschach is right.

i think it was roughly a few hundred thousand
they only really died from working in mines, the casualties of war were little since they had hardly any soldiers to begin with

Jesus Christ, what horrendous makeup work. Was it bring your child to work day or something? Fucking garbage.

no wait, i'm wrong, they lost a few hundred thousand a year

Yes and that's the problem. We'll never get an official sequel.

That's it? I can't believe it's that few, not with the amount of hand wringing crying from Kyra alone.

It was around 12 million if I recall correctly. Which is fucking nothing for an entire space faring planets population.

Over 50 years too, I'm pretty sure some user did the math and determined more people died to workplace accidents or something.
Writers can never into a sense of scale

Because being a nigger or a tranny is based on physical characteristics.
Being sapient or sentient is more of an abstract item.

You can't stare at the Grand Nagus like that.

I forgot they made him Grand Nagus and turned traditional Ferengi culture on it's head because muh womens rights, god damn it.

It also didn't help that the (((founders))) tricked the previous grand Nagus into being the ultimate goy. At that point, Rom was probably the best candidate since he was not as ruthless as the average space jew but knew that latinum might not make the man but it helps.

15,000,000/50=300,000 bajewrans dead per year
their population is roughly 3.8 billion
they lose roughly around 0.0078% of their population per year
americans lose around that much from anything per year (0.008%)
essentially, occupied bajor had it as good as a 1st world country that's not in any major war

You can't. No matter what idiots in Tumblr say.

What a good fucking episode, Cardassia really didn't do anything wrong.

As if there was any doubt

There really should have been more of a presence of collaborators in the show. All I remember was Kira saying that they existed, but who the fuck were they and where did they go? No imperial power controls everything in a colony on their own, they always have local people managing things on the ground but I can't recall this Occupational Government ever making an appearance.

i don't care what the argument is, what matters is that for the sake of the thread, someone said "Data was just tranny rights: robot flavored."
it could have been
"Data was just nigger rights: robot flavored"
"Data was just animal rights: robot flavored"
doesn't matter
the episode stays the same
whether the argument is about a mental issue or a philosophical one, it's still an argument about a thing
and i can compare that thing to whatever the fug i want

The occupation stuff wasn't handled very well in general. Like some one said earlier that the writers sense of scale was waaay off.

that's more or less how the majority of the bajoran resistance views themselves
they wuz soljas n shit, huge ass army to fight space nazis with their magical pyramids n shiet

TELL ME MAJOR, HOW MANY CARDASSIANS DID YOU KILL? I'M SURE YOU COUNTED AS YOU AS YOU SLAUGHTERED UNARMED CARDASSIANS UNDER THE BANNER OF JUSTICE!

Kira explains away killing innocent Cardassian servants and children at some point in the name of justice at some point I'm pretty sure.

he pretty much said everything, and according to my numbers he's right
there were no brave bajoran soldiers, just a couple of terrorists
bajor did surrender, they were losing nothing more than any modern day country

IT WAS WAR
WE DID WHAT WE HAD TO

IT WAS REAL IN MY MIND!

The argument is not whether or not Data thinks he's sentient it's whether or not he's sentient. That would still be a valid question if he was programmed to think he wasn't sentient because sentience is an objective trait in much the same way as being male or female is.

From the other angle if, as most people do, you think all humans are sentient then the fact a human could come to the conclusion they aren't really sentient perhaps not be truly convinced of it without being insane in some way but whatever doesn't mean shit all. What someone thinks/believes about themselves doesn't matter shit all in a case of objective fact (objective for a given definition of sentient anyway).

Was that before or after they had Gol Dukat go pants on head retarded?

gul darheel was way before gul dukat went mad, although pretty much any time dukat is in the scene he's gonna be shitting on the occupation

definitely before

pre-season 7 Dukat did nothing wrong

you mean season 9
he was perfectly justified in joining the dominion, every other faction around them made it a point to shit on them for doing nothing wrong
heck, even after he went mad, i wouldn't blame him, everyone's always against him, i'd be mad too

oh no wait, i'm retarded, yeah you mean season 7

Or basically the argument about Data's sentience is actually not about what he thinks about himself but about how he thinks in general.

Anyone who says otherwise is just regurgitating wrinkle-nose propaganda.

Anons are you even trying.

this is a subtle star trek thread, not one about video games, how naive are you?

he did nothing wrong when he joined the dominion, he did wrong when he started worshipping bajoran religion

technically it was anti-bajoran-religion religion, so you could still argue he was in the right

Time to drink Kanarr with Damarr

No, not really.

Because no startrek ever could have a make shit up button.

It's always time for that user.

All over Voyager was the fucking worst. I hate Voyager

Don't tell Holla Forums, they must not know!

If you wanted someone to post this, you should just ask. :^)

too late famalam

this was pretty egregious. it was like a parallel world story but it was a completely different planet that was exactly like earth until like 2000 or so.

You can compare it to whatever you want, but that doesn't make you any less of a retard for doing so.

You can't claim that an argument for sapience is the same as an argument against facts.

No, but both can use the arguments that were presented during that episode. To me, getting upset at Data's trial is no better than a leftist getting upset at the thought of a gun. Both are just tools, who wields them is another matter.

well i mean, you can always just claim that trannies aren't sentient, then the arguments are the same again

Problem is, whether or not one is sapient isn't a matter of physical characteristics. The arguments used to claim such cannot be used to claim they're a different gender, because gender isn't some bullshit libcuck social nonsense, it's a physical matter.

except that both can be twisted into a case of discrimination even if it's universally agreed that trannies are mentally challenged
in which case, both argumants are of a similar nature, hence "tranny rights: robot flavored"

Exactly, i'm not disputing that fact. What i'm disputing is the fact that both trannies and Data can use the exact argument. On one hand I can see how some could see it as leftist drivel that the writers could have avoided but on the other hand even if Data showed signs of sapience he would need to prove it in a court of law if he wanted to be anything more than federation property. It's one of those sticky situations that became exacerbated in the post 2007 world.

Are you retarded?

The argument for (or indeed against) Data's sentience is based on actual observable evidence, the disagreement is on how to interpret that evidence for a given definition of sentient. Data's beliefs about his own sentience really don't come into it though the ability to form rational beliefs about anything is arguably a key requirement of being sentient, they're simply his motivation for demanding a trial. Put more simply the debate centres around whether or not Data's actions (the evidence) are consistent with the accepted definition of sentience.

The argument for a tranny actually being a girl rather than a man with a mutilated penis is based only on their belief that they're a girl and some inconclusive brain scans and in fact directly disagrees with the more objective evidence at hand. Again put simply the argument for trannies is trying to redefine male and female as 'what people feel like' (their evidence) rather than 'xyz physical characteristics' (the evidence required for the current definition of gender).

Data's case does not try to change the definition of sentience instead it is that he matches that definition. Trannies want to change the definition of male and female because the evidence they have does not - and indeed cannot - match the definitions already in use.

Discrimination against what? A crazy fucker?
Your gender isn't determined by your mental sanity.
There's no 'discrimination' in telling a nutter the facts.

Problem is, it shouldn't work for trannies, because what they are is a matter of physical characteristics.

Data's case was a matter of philosophy. What determines sapience, at what point is a creature sentient.
The argument is based around something that is abstract at best. Gender is not abstract.

I have not watched the episode in a while: is the argument one of sentience (concious in some sense, like a dog or a chicken) or one of sapience (rational thought like a human)? Given that the federation are apparently opposed to hunting or eating meat though they do still keep pets I'd assume even the lesser claim of sentience would suffice for Data's goal of not being treated liked a mere machine.

except that:
data wants to be considered sentient so that he doesn't get put on a workbench to be chopped up for research, or in other words, he doesn't want to be discriminated
trannies want to abuse nonexistant issues to improve their standing, and use discrimination as a tool to achieve this
which is where both arguments intersect - it doesn't matter what they're about, what's important is that both are ultimately a matter of discrimination, whether it be a tool or a result. because of that, i'm allowed to say that both arguments are similar

well i never said trannies are right about it, they just use discrimination against themselves to get their way

Nobody is this retarded.

Regardless, though, that doesn't make the arguments 'similar' as you put it.
You've just moved the goalposts around is all.
Let's not forget our starting positions, here.

Given that gender is based on facts and not just what 'we say', whereas sentience is more philosophical than that, they are not the same.

How do I get into Star Trek? It looks like the most generic science fiction out there, but I think that's the idea. I could be wrong and the expanded universe could be amazing.

I NEVER SAID THEY'RE THE SAME THINGS YOU MORON
I SAID BOTH USE DISCRIMINATION AS EITHER A TOOL OR CAUSE/RESULT
THAT'S WHY I SAID THE ARGUMENTS ARE "SIMILAR"
SIMILAR
NOT THE SAME
SIMILAR
which lets me say "tranny rights: robot edition"
they don't have to be the same fucking thing for that, they just have to be similar

Just watch DS9 up to season 6. That is the highest point in the series.

Except that your so-called "discrimination" for data is brutal murder.
He also doesn't use it as an argument, regardless. His case is that it is brutal murder of a sentient being, because he is sentient.

"Tranny rights: Robot edition" would imply that they are the same.
But, regardless, that's not the issue here.
The issue is that they are not similar, and you are simply a retard.

It's not discrimination, it's self preservation. If he were dismantled and studied he'd effectively be dead because absolutely nobody would know how to put him back together, much less do it properly.
That is not in any way, shape or form similar to some mentally ill individual wanting everyone to acknowledge that what they believe is true and that everybody else should agree with them.

You've been arguing this entire time that they are essentially the same thing because of some retarded idea that they both use "muh discrimination" as a defense you massive fucking faggot.

Watch the tv shows. Original if you want, The Next Generation (first season or two is rather low-tier to be prepared for that), Deep Space Nine.

user has a point. Trannies are doing it to be a special snowflake in the middle of winter, Data is doing it because even he doesn't fucking know how he works much less taking himself apart and putting him back together on a lobotomy level.

how the fug is being chopped up into pieces because you're not organic not discrimination?

TOS/TNG are more episodic, and both have their boring moments. TNG also has an the occasional recurring plots about politics with different factions, but that stuff only remains relevant for an episode later, at most
DS9 is a lot more continuous with it's plot, and more politics oriented, mainly due to space hitler and the space jews
it has episodic stuff too, but it's definitely less than the previous series
enterprise isn't worth watching
start with ds9

His motives, beliefs etc for starting the argument are neither here nor there as evidence for his claim. The argument for his sentience/sapience is based on objective, observable evidence.
And their motives and beliefs are central to their entire argument. This is at best extremely subjective and all but impossible to observe short of extremely vague neuroscientific methods that support no conclusion.

The only thing they share in common is a claim of arbitrarily being excluded from something. If this alone is enough to call them similar then they are also similar to arguments about, say, excluding white men from university safe spaces on faulty SJW logic. If this is your claim then fine though it's so weak as to be useless and it takes a very generous reading of your arguments to shake this out.

Even their end goals differ: Data wishes to be accepted into an existing, (objective) evidence based categorisation while trannies wish to throw out the existing, (objective) evidence based categorisation. You'd have more of a case for claiming it was an analogy for slavery in the USA which, by the way, the show explicitly fucking claims in the same episode since that was also (supposedly) a case of claiming there was no rational evidence for excluding black people from any the same group as white people (civilised people or whatever you want to call it) rather than trying to redefine civilised people. Holla Forums might disagree with that claim but that's how the Trek writers saw it anyway.

Please note I'm being a little generous with the term objective; the precise definition of sentience and sapience are not agreed upon by any means but such disagreements are natural with metaphysical questions. This isn't the same as sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'fuck physical evidence, I'M A GIRL I'M A GIRL',

Because taking apart an engine is not discrimination, you autist.

>I NEVER SAID THEY'RE THE SAME THINGS YOU MORON

The fun thing about IDs is we can prove claims like this bullshit. You did, in fact, use the very phrase 'same things':
>it's the same thing as determining whether a tranny can really be considered whatever gender they want to be

THAT'S WHAT IS THIS WHOLE CONVERSATION IS ABOUT, YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER.

it's still something

oy vey, you filthy anti-mechanic goy, watch that mouth of yours

alright i might have moved the goal posts a teency bit

Technically same thing, I suppose. So in a literal sense you did indeed never say they were the same things.

The argument at the trial was whether or not Data was sentient.

If he is not, it is not discrimination, because he is not alive.

If he is, then they can't do it, because it would be brutal murder.

well within his mindset, it can still be considered discrimination

Jesus tap-dancing-on-a-niggers-grave Christ the lot of you faggots shut up.

but they started an argument on the internet

Thank you for finally admitting that you've been fishing for replies this whole time.
Have another (you)

Fuck off to Holla Forums if you want to be such a fucking faggot.

Not really. The entire argument is whether or not he is sentient, after all. If he has a mindset, then he's sentient, and it is a brutal murder. Thus, he wins the trial. Like he did.
If he isn't, then it doesn't matter, because you can't discriminate against an engine, so to speak.

Eh, I got nothing better to do.

I'm just gonna start filtering you cuckchan-tier cancer faggots.

God forbid people post on image boards.

How's your tolerance for older shows? I personally think TOS is hurt by nostalgia (it isn't really that camp) and TNG benefits from it (about half of it is so bland as to be forgettable, people only remember the great episodes and the utter shite from S1).
Regardless I'd start with TOS or TNG. If you bounce off of either move to DS9. After DS9 watch ENT which, despite what is commonly claimed, is fine until early-mid S2 and then finish up the series with VOY (dropping it if you can't stand it).
Films can be watched in order of release after you've done this though I'd skip the Motionless Picture. Once again the 'odd bad, even good' rule is a bit of a meme, Trek 2-5 are fine to watch in a block. If you want more after that watch TAS

tl;dr do this order TOS -> TNG -> DS9 -> ENT -> VOY -> Films -> TAS dropping any series or film you aren't enjoying.

Arguing about Trek is serious business faggot.

With that logic fuck off back to cuckchan. Filtered like the rest of those who need to go back.

If you're really keen and haven't been scared off by the arguments ITT a good option for a series you aren't enjoying is to look up a recommended watching list and follow that. This will help most of all with TNG and VOY as they can be a real slog to get through sometimes and the episodes don't really link together too much.

He doesn't announce his filters. I bet you don't tell people when you report them either.

This video is wrong in a few places but mostly pretty spot on with how Star Trek works and some its problems. The show was never about the dues ex's or the action though. The crises that are usually encountered are just there to advance the plot. So when they give BS explanation I don't really care too much.

you nazi, you're discriminating the robot, his opinion matters as much as everyone else

DS9->TNG->TOS->Films->ENT->VOY-TAS
although you could watch TNG before DS9, since you'll probably drop it otherwise

there's nothing in here really worth not derailing
this thread was always meant to be about the show and not vidya

You forgot your meme arrow user.

Well if you watch TNG after DS9 you'll also spoil some of the better episodes. I'd say either TNG or TOS would also help with understanding basic factions and events even if it gets dropped halfway through.

The later version he did says he enjoyed the first NuTrek film and is therefore shit automatically.

what factions, the vulcans? they're hardly in TNG or DS9
klingons are hardly klingons in TOS
TNG is definitely a better earlier choice since you get a lot of stuff on the klingons (vital to DS9) and romulans (less vital, but still out there)
but in terms of quality, DS9 is better than TNG, at least for me
so you'd probably end up either watching TNG and then DS9, which would definitely make you enjoy both, but you'll have to slog through all of TNG
or you can watch DS9 first, get all the fun out of it, and then if you start TNG, you'll probably want to drop it fast since there isn't anything particularly important that happens there aside from some klingon politics

I didn't want to use a meme arrow plebeian.

That's about right. Though I would put some of those films below TAS tbh. Also I think TAS deserves to be on its own special pedestal of failure. In a way it's kinda cool that it exists for some reason

The only reason I hate the first one so fucking much is because it's in the middle of the road for quality. While it's mostly shit for quality, if you just pretend it's not star wars it's actually not that bad. The second one nearly killed me on the franchise. And then the third one redeemed itself a little Now if we could just go one movie without the Enterprise exploding

Star Trek*

God fucking damn I'm hearing it so much in every day life it's encroaching on my subconscious.

The Romulans also. Some of the references in DS9 episodes won't make as much sense either. TOS is also a better series than TNG.
Well fair enough. TNG is overrated as a whole.

I find it hard to pretend.
I've heard this from many people but haven't bothered watching it yet. The whole nonsense with Sulu did not help.

i'll fite you
kirk is a better captain than picard/sisko, but the production quality in TOS alone makes it unbearable compared to TNG

The production quality is fine if you havn't been raised around what we have today when it comes to effects. That being said the effects are hilariously bad at times. Which adds to the classic camp factor that most people parody heavily on.

Now now user, we all know crazy Janeway is the best captain.
Doesn't bother me and if it's really that much of a concern there are the touched up recent releases that feature some improved effects here and there though they're somewhat controversial…

Aero you're a massive faggot. Do your damn job.
watch my post get edited/removed because "muh meta" while the faggot that is nearly 20% of the entire thread and actively shitting it up gets to keep doing it

Just hide the thread and move on you fag.

user, i thought we were friends
all things considered, the thread would have died around 50-100 posts in if it wasn't for concentrated autism

Fucking really?

Doesn't hurt that a lot of Holla Forums likes Star Trek.

But you did, and failed. It's time to move on.

You are a cool guy. Thank you for this.

Understanding human nature is how. If money itself becomes worthless then people will just gravitate to any kind of limited resource if for no other reason then to compare value in passing conversation and have something to aspire to aquire. There would be highschool tier politics everywhere, and made up jobs and pretend economic crisis and problems just to satisfy the life need of needing to feel important contributing to the group and not being bored knowing everything is meaningless. Even if you have to pretend and keep the full meaning of perfect replication absolutely secret.

Star Trek threads on Holla Forums are always of tip top quality.

go fall on a bat'leth

Star Trek is much more simple than I would have imagined.

Have some more.

Have a gift from an ex-Macfag, should run on any modern PC OS with a functioning Java environment:
rescue.sourceforge.net/

One modification. The TNG movies are all awful, worse than NuTrek IMHO, whereas TOS' movies were actually good. And I say that as somebody whose favorite series was TNG.

first contact was alright

I love star trek invasion and Shattered Universe
I thought they'd a case of if I play them again I'll see all the flaw but no they're just so fun, they control like how I can only describe as silk.

And that's why Communism will never work.

Even if you can just replicate anything your heart desires, you'll still need energy to power it, and energy isn't free : ^ )

fix'd

Just replicate infinite batteries, bro.

No, that movie was garbage. Even the reboots are more subtle than that piece of shit.

First Contact was tolerable but not amazing in my opinion but I'll agree the other two were fucking salvageably bad.

there's at least one.
i'd say i want a sequel, but we know they'd fuck that all up.
but a new take on SFB would be nice as long as they don't try and base it on the old PC games.

But there WAS a sequel to Starfleet command.

Actually time would be the big factor, I mean the shit we have right now you can make anything if you can draw it with no fear of a power outage.

Best TNG episode.

Who said that?

JUST

The Bat'leth is a fucking retarded weapon that wouldn't hold up in combat at fucking all. There, I said it.

A few years ago on youtube there were fan edits of Star Trek episodes from all the series and seasons that took out the shit scenes or made it more enjoyable to watch but since then they've all been taken down. The playlist was of great episodes first, good ones after and the ones worth skipping(or featuring Wesley Crusher) at the end.

It was by far the best way to get into Star Trek for someone who couldn't tell apart a Romulan from a Vulkan. Had the fans not done this I'd have never gone through Voyager.

This can't be considered any meaningful advice, I just had to vent about how terribly the current owners are treating this incredible body of work and seem to be trying their hardest to disregard their fans and the work that they do.

I wish I had that around when I was watching TNG last year.

qapla mi lord

Because Star trek is shit
:^) :^) :^) :^) :^)