emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_emulators
romhacking.net/hacks/197/
youtube.com/watch?v=6hxEUm-pHUE
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist
instructables.com/id/How-to-JTAG-your-Xbox-360-and-run-homebrew/?ALLSTEPS
youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8
citra-emu.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=sGCyyzNw6aA
wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq#Why_can.27t_I_play_Pokemon_Diamond_.2F_Pearl_.2F_HeartGold_.2F_SoulSilver_.2F_Black_.2F_White_.3F_Why_aren.27t_they_supported.3F
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Vita
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Controller
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Mouse
psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56
youtube.com/user/MichelKobayashi/videos
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version
mudlord.info/blog/2017/01/13/reversing-cemu/
megafileupload.com/8efp/cemu1.7.0_(2).zip
romhacking.net/hacks/444/
psx-scene.com/forums/f291/gs-mode-selector-development-feedback-61808/
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Interlacing-question-from-a-new-PCSX2-user
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does Ace Combat run decently on PCSX2 yet?

try softwaremode with a little fxaa and scannlines+boosted gamma.

so whats this romhack?

Emulating ace attorney investigations 2. Is desmume just shit or is my computer just a toaster when i get frame drops while playing?

Its probably both

Catalog thread? Catalog thread

8ch.net/v/res/11556398.html

Still playing shit via Retroach on my modded 360 plugged to a CRT. Alien Soldier is the shit.

Catalog please

No.

Yes

What retroarch version are you using? Does it work allright on the 360?
My brother kinda wants to buy one, as hacked 360`s are cheap as fuck in my country

This one my dude
emucr.com/2014/03/retroarch-360-v1002.html
Cores currently supported:
- Genesis Plus GX
- Genesis Plus GX
- SNES9x Next
- VBA Next
- NEStopia
- FCEUmm
- Mednafen PCE Fast
- Mednafen NGP
- Mednafen VB
- Mednafen Wonderswan
- Prboom
- NX Engine (Cave Story)
- Tyrquake
- FInal Burn Alpha
- Gambatte
- MAME 2003 (0.78)

Also to answer your question wether it works alright or not, it does. The games run perfectly and i have no complaints, even the Doom WADs that i tried run decently.

whats the best PS1 emulator?
I'm trying to play AceCombat from start to finish.
I need a good emulator for the first 3 games. ePSXe is stuttering. If some user could spoonfeed me a tutorial of whats the best emulator and how to properly set it up. I have a decent machine and would like to upscale the graphics as much as possible.

Mednafen for accuracy, ePSXE for higher resolutions, SSSPSX for obscure japanese shit that won't run on anything else. My preference is ePSXE, though Mednafen runs on Retroarch which a lot of people seem to care about these days. I guess it just depends on what matters to you. PCSX-R is meme-tier in my experience.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_emulators

Catalog please

motha fuckin survival kids 2

finally got the new zelda hack patched but the msu-1 hack isn't working. Searching on google brings jackshit up, there seems zero documantaion about msu.

Desmume is fucking mess as an emulator. The only thing I can suggest is if you have a decent mobile then use Drastic since it's code is better from what I've heard and allows more effects and options than Desmume.

Shining Force 2. I was going to start with the first one but I couldn't decide to play it on Genesis or the GBA remake. I don't like the way the remake looks or sounds but the fast forward button on Fusion is terrible, it's a toggle and goes way too fast. Is there a Genesis emulator that lets you set the turbo button speed?

Jesus fucking Christ, you are bitching about the catalog yet there is entire fucking board dedicated to retro games.
Shut the fuck up.

Thanks a lot user, I appreciate your answer.
Let's just hope that by some miracle the libretro faggots update the port to 1.4.0

Using John's GBC on my phone to play Pokemon Prism.

It's pretty good but suffers from the problem that GSC and his other hack (Brown) suffer from: No places to train. 8th badge expect a team nearing level 60, the highest-level wild 'mons available are 33-36.

You can just run the Gym over and over but that's fucking difficult to do if your team has 3 mons who get shit on by fire-types. Pokemon are given back from weakest to strongest with the first indicator being level, so stack levels between runs accordingly.

The Mednafen HW core on retroarch now increases internal resolution, making ePSXe obsolete

Playing Super Mario 64 Last Impact on Retroarch using the MupenPlus64 core. But some levels are lag. Is there a way to fix this? Also is there a way to switch controller ports, y'know for Metal Gear Solid 1.

GLupeN64 for N64. As for switching ports, there's a way but I can't remember.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GAME? AM I IN THE TRUE BERENSTEIN UNIVERSE NOW!?

Famous ROM hack of ALttP:
romhacking.net/hacks/197/

Seconding this, though beware of graphical glitches in some games, especially on OpenGL. Vulkan seems to work better so far.

Any good snes emu that isn't butthurt hillarytard byuu's?

Anything wrong with higan? Use retroarch's bsnes core or lsnes for maximum accuracy without the salt, Snes9x for toasters and Zsnes if you're a massive irredeemable faggot.

PS4 running Vulkan and emulating Wind Waker–

Just a reminder emulation will always be inferior to the original hardware, classic games look their best from an RGB source on a good CRT!

Could someone tell me why whenever I try to emulate Grand Turismo 3 on pcsx2 1.4.0 my entire computer literally hard freezes.

Could someone try telling me what the fuck is going on?

Speaking of PS4, what's the state of the hacker scene? Now that homebrew is hobbling to its feet, how long till /scurv/, or better yet, enough reverse-engineered docs for somebody to write an emulator? What about XBone?

I thought the ps4's linux drivers were shit?

I thought using a desktop os on ps4 was just a proof of concept. Has the drivers gotten better since then?

That's why

hey I know who you are, why are you posting so early?

test

what are some good 3DS emulators ?

Didn't even know it can use Vulkan. Thanks user

There's none because you need to use an old version of bsnes to run it because byuu is mostly autistic.

But you don't know who I am

I know where you live.

But seriously though, why is it happening. I'm not even upscailing it either. it's got the completely stock config. What do I do to stop it from happening?

He's not kidding. The OGL drivers work way better on nVidia cards and those are the ones getting updated. If there were fixes to anything graphically in PCSX2, it's likely you'll need an nVidia card to experience the benefit.

GT3 has heavy memory leaks, update to latest git and make sure you're using the OGL plugin.

But if you look at the image I posted it show's i've got a gtx 1050ti gpu.

youtube.com/watch?v=6hxEUm-pHUE

Fuck, I'm blind. The CPU should be fine, if a bit lacking for single threaded performance but otherwise it shouldn't be an issue. Are you running the newest git version with updated plugins and such?

Well i'm using the latest drivers for the card and I downloaded the newest version of the emulator. The emulators config is completely stock. I have no idea why running grand turismo completely crashes my pc yet it handles other games like butter (for the most part because the emulator is still bugged as shit)

I'm trying to get a Playstation emulator working so that I can play a pirated copy of the Insomniac Spyro games.

Truly the plebs of gaming

If you use Ati and OpenGL you can subtract the performance compared to DirectX by about 1/4ths to a third.

Yea gee lemme go buy a N64 and it's full library for 12 bucks on ebay.

byuu is rectally nuked because trump won.

If by newest you mean stable then you're doing something retarded.
Grab the one from here
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist

Not as much as endrift though.

I think it's just GT, then. Not really sure, I've never tried it. There might be specific builds out there tailored to make GT3 work, like Valkyrie Profile 2, but again, not sure.

lrn2rd

how is the emulation on that 8350 in other games? I dont plan to play GT at all

Then meet me there, faggot.
I'll answer the door in my underwear and have fresh chocolate milk for you.

Owning every console and game out there doesn't take up any space, oy vey support poor nintendo :^)

Did the original hardware PS2fag finally fuck off for good from emulation threads?

I was going to say something witty until I remembered AMD bought Ati.

Tiptop kek. It even comes with malware

In order to be an emucuck does one have to be retarded as well?

Better than a shitty emulator or spending hundreds on retarded cartridges.

And you know what's even better? Not spending a dime on hardware, monitors, and additional mods and scaler hardware just to play old games.

If you hardware cucks are so triggered by people emulating for free and being worse than muh orijunul hardware, then make your own thread.

I'm fine with emulation but N64 emulation is ass.

Yes it is, but it doesn't discount emulation as a concept, nor does it give hardware cucks to keep derailing these threads.

Wew, found him:

He really can't resist shitposting every single emu thread.

Anyone else knows how to switch ports?

Hey tried playing kirby amazing mirror with friends.

It was very laggy

What do?

This kiiiiind of makes me want a PS4.

Im sure your malware infested emulator can do that as well

Are you retarded? Who doesn't own a tube tv? Likewise, these days very few consoles actually require a hardmod (the Saturn and X360 come to mind, but the Saturn got cracked and is getting a USB loader)

The 360 can be softmodded dude, JTAG doesn't require any kind of hardware modifications afaik.

instructables.com/id/How-to-JTAG-your-Xbox-360-and-run-homebrew/?ALLSTEPS
Sure, JTAG is a softmod mate

Well it doesn't matter, you have to be some sort of pussified millenial to be afraid of some manual hardwork/soldering if you really want your console modded.

Hardwarecucks, everyone.

trinitron shills boo!

Holy shit you are fuckin autistic, all i read is
You are really not helping your case here buddy, you make emulatorfags like me look like fucking spergs jesus.

Eh, scanlines aren't my cup of tea.

I plugged consoles into my PC's TV tuner back in the '90s, just because SDTVs were so incredibly shit that even with deinterlace artifacts my monitor looked a thousand times better, and ditched native 5th-gen consoles the moment HLE for them were available in the early 2000s.

Choosing to play on original hardware is like choosing to lower the settings on a PC game purely out of nostalgia for the crappy rig you were forced to play on as a kid.

Playing games in as close to their intended form as possible should be what matters, experiencing the compromises needed to implement them for technical/publishing reasons back in the day is irrelevant beyond historical curiosity.

This is awesome.

I still think emulation is shit, but I'm having fun fucking around with dolphin. Shame that my PC is shit, though.

every CRT has scanlines, you just need to give that good phosphor glow a good chance before you decide, a high end monitor with rgb from something like a sega saturn is what truly shines.

I'm struggling with glupen64 in retroarch. Once I load the core I cannot find its core options anywhere to change video plugin settings.

Same, also ParaLLEl doesn't work for me.

Still the prettiest game I've played and the comfiest. Shame there's not a way to play online, is it? Or proper co-op.

WTF is wrong with your renderer, is that actually the rez you're rendering at, or are you rescaling your screenshots poorly? The AA and texture filtering looks terrible, there's weird fringing artifacts on all the edges.

very pretty game but it looks hideous in your screenshots. I don't know how anyone can consider that acceptable.

Load a game first and then access quick menu.

Change your video driver to vulkan and restart retroarch first. Update your video drivers, it didn't work for me either until I did. Use nightlies.

Will be living in a very rural setting for a month

What's the optimal way of emulating/playing final fantasy tactics? Psp, ps1 or android version?

Well, indeed the ild games look better with a nice dot matrix or a nice scannline effect. Pixel bleading is just one of many sideeffetcs you get when you play those old games on a hd screen, upscaled and what not. But i think you dont need original hardware for this, emulating scannlines is already enough.

PSP version with the slowdown removal patch.

PSP.
Also, get Tactics Ogre.

Is there a lcd/dot matrix filter for ppsspp?

You mean let us cling together? Because I recall that being hard as fuck

Ive followed at least 5 different guides but can never get it running. Am i retarded?

Yes.
git gud, FFT for babby

Not sure. Most psp games upscale nicely

git gud

ppsspp crashes when patch applied to the iso, maybe I should use a different region

I was using USA, should've used PAL, silly me hehe

With tactics ogre I believe I should emulate the ps1 version?

Enjoy your over prized, cheap plastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8

They don't exist yet. Pay attention.

Experimental. citra-emu.org/

Thanks

That'd be like an N64 emulator requiring an N64 memory card to be plugged into your computer.

or a PS1 emulator requiring BIOS from a PS1
oh wait that actually happens.

I've actually hardmodded my 360
Its not fear of soldering you cocksucker, its the fact that a JTAG or RGH arent a SOFTMOD becuase they actually require soldering and a chip.

See

Mostly PS1 and NES lately. I have original hardware for PS2, Wii/GC, and each Nintendo handheld, (all either softmodded or have flashcarts) and sometimes emulate older consoles on them. I've never really had good luck emulating the first two, but handhelds are just preference.

Anything that works as well or better than original hardware. I never get tired of some Crash Team Racing.

Mednafen. Just double-click a rom (if you have it associated; you can also drop it in a terminal window if on ganoo) and it just werks. Configuration isn't really that bad either once you get the hang of it.

this

Trying to play Megaman legends with ePSXe but it refuses to start the game and just crashes in trying to boot it. What's a common issue that may be the reason for my problem?

Can you play other games?

also in that picture is threads of fate, do you happen to know any other games that are similar but don't have turn based combat

I've hardmodded my 360 too dickwad

I just started emulating yesterday but I'll see if it works. Can't even use a legit disc without the fucker locking up in a way even task manager can't end.

youtube.com/watch?v=sGCyyzNw6aA

How shitty is your PC? Holy shit.

Sound about right for you

truly the plebs of gaming

It's like you hate Kenji "Best Battle Music" Ito and being a superhero, robot, vampire, secret agent/model, monster, ubermensch wizard and hobo

Nothing there when I looked.

Well I figured it out, it hates anything that's not Pete.
Got terrible soundtrack issues though so I'm gonna see if it's that messing around in other windows issue I read about.

Sure thing lad

damn, found a game i played when i was a little doodleshitter.

going to play it now in 1080p on a 137inch HDTV. lel

Is DeSmuME still the best ds emulator? I want to play HG/SS without restarting my real carts.

How?

Just use archers, fam.

This and Ninjas are pretty amazing as well.

Same architecture as the DS itself

Stop using that plug-in based piece of shit and switch to retroarch/mednafen. Use the Vulkan backend for maximum resolution/accuracy ratio. Id's boodiful.

Potato? Use psX 1.13. It may be outdated by today standards but MML works beautifully.

I don't know if my comp's that much of a potato since it only gets all messed up during cutscenes but is okay during gameplay. I started up on Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon but it starts lagging during movement but is fine while I'm standing around along with the cutscenes.

Thanks for the suggestions; was wondering if I should try something else.

Unfortunately desmume is shit and the developer is too autistic to fix important issues. (Or at least just admit that they don't know how to fix said issues.)
wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq#Why_can.27t_I_play_Pokemon_Diamond_.2F_Pearl_.2F_HeartGold_.2F_SoulSilver_.2F_Black_.2F_White_.3F_Why_aren.27t_they_supported.3F

I just bought a flashcart to avoid dealing with this awful emulator. (I haven't touched DS emulators in a while, but is it at least better than No$GBA? I haven't heard anyone use them in years.)

The dev is working fulltime on it (he made millions off the thing by now, 1-5 millions install at 5 bucks a pop) and he's a very competent dev.

Desmume is serviceable outside of pokémon unless you're a toasterfag and even then pokémon is playable if you're not a retard
No$GBA is faster but much worse overall

He is just too autistic since he refuses even PR from people that aren't him if they fix Pokémon, serves pokéfag right for being a bunch of whiny cunts though.

Desmume has a lot of wasted potential, it's even more accurate than Drastic (the Drastic dev said so so I'd trust his opinion, Drastic probably just wraps most issues in per game hacks and since the dev is good and has time it ends up working out very well) and most of it's issues are from mishandling from the current main dev team and disapearance of actually competent people

What are the MUST HAVE ROM hacks for every console up to 5th gen?

bump

So how well do emus work on the Vita? Can I play PS1 games on it at an acceptable framerate?

What's are the best Metal Slugs and what is the best system for them?

any way to map ps4 controls in project 64?

any decent NES emulator?

Here are some gay screenshots, adaptive sharpening looks nice enough without terribly much texture aliasing.

Parallel worlds or Parallel remodel (which is considerably easier)for Link to the past.

Brave new world for Final Fantasy 6

Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 for PSX. The PSP version if that's your thing/ You can get it to work. Use the content mode for the changes or the normal one for a serious challenge

Not a rom hack since it's on PC but FF7 New Threat for the PC version/Steam version

Castlevania SOTN Hard mode hack from Insane Difficulty. Not because it's uber hard but because Symphony of the night was pretty god damn easy.

cont.

SM64 Star Road

SM64 Last Impact

Super Metroid Redesign

Metroid Super Zero Mission

I don't have a Vita, but from what I vaguely remember, the homebrewed SDK still hasn't reverse-engineered hardware OpenGL/Vulkan acceleration for Vita-native homebrew yet. The Vita's CPUs are powerful enough, however, that its unoptimized RetroArch port is capable of software rendering PSX games at almost full speed in PSX-native resolution according to Holla Forums's wiki:
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Vita

Aside from native homebrew, there is of course PSP mode, which was cracked wide open day 1, complete with Sony's 1st-party POPS emulator for PSX games, and the PSP's mature homebrew SDK.

bump

I did the switch!
Now it's audio's super laggy all the time…

I've got the cores I need in the system folder. With that known, does it mean my comp truly is too shit to properly play it or is it something else because beyond the wikis talking about needing said cores and the renaming of them; they aren't helping.

I've never played Pikmin. So should I emulate the origonal GameCube version or Wii version?

How the fuck do i run Indiana Jones 64 on GLupen64? This is starting to get on my nerves

Useful, thanks user. Picodrive works like a dream. PS1 shit still isn't done, only have ARK for soundless eboots. One day.

Is it possible to play Medal of Honor and other FPS on PCSX with mouse?

Generally, the best system for them are the arcade/neo geo versions, unless they didn't come out there. I can't speak for the later versions, but all the early ones are generally worth playing. You would probably be ok skipping 2 since x is kind of a remix/remake of it, but 2 itself isn't bad. 3 is probably my favorite, but the previous ones are still good.

Why? They are less than 2 hours long? Why would you do that?

You're going to have to fake joystick input using the mouse, which can work surprisingly well in many games if you adjust the acceleration and absolute/relative mapping just right. I recommend ignoring the emulator's configuration and using system-wide utilities to make a fake XInput "gamepad" by remapping your mouse and keyboard, here's instructions for Windows, Linux, and Mac:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Controller

There's a small number of PSX games that supported its official mouse accessory:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Mouse

You're the best, thanks.

That game was pretty good, I have good memories of it emulating it on Connectix Virtual Game Station wow that was a long time ago

hey lads got a question about God Hand.

I understand the ps3 port job is really shitty and drops inputs like a greased up bitch with tiny hands, so my options are to bite the bullet and buy myself a ps2 copy (about $25-30 here in bong land) or emulate it. question is how does it run emulated? is it fine? or should i just grab a physical copy?

There was a PS3 port? Anyways have you tried putting FreeMcboot on a PS2? Thats how i play God Hand, for free.

No, that's a good shout actually forgot that was an option. i'll check it out, cheers.

get out lolifag

Too old; have something new to yell at.

Thanks for the reply, >>>/reddit/

Literally the same game as x but with slowdown and less stuff

Ah, thanks; didn't think anyone answered me.
What emulator is best for Neo Geo games?

Just remembered the Wiki.

played Super Mario RPG Armageddon
Now playing Hyper Metroid

Is it worth shelling out the 5 bucks for ePSXe on Android, or are there better alternatives? I know Retroarch is on Android, but I have no fucking idea how that thing works.

Use Vulkan if your system supports it (and has the driver installed).
Use OpenGL if you can't use Vulkan.
Use Software mode if you can't use OpenGL, make sure you disable vsync, and if you still have audio problems try raising the audio buffer size from 64ms to about 128ms at most.

I tried setting it up on my computer a while back, but something went wrong (I think it had something to do with a specific BIOS had to use for some reason, don't remember if I even had the proper one) and I never tried again.

I should make a WebM guide on RetroArch and Mednafen soon, would save me a lot of typing in the future hah.

I got my bios files from here: psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56

Make sure the file reads as "scph5501.bin" or it won't work. If you are on Linux this is twice as important, I learned the hard way that if it says ".BIN" instead of ".bin" then it will also fail. Windows doesn't care about file extension caps though.

To add: if you are using PAL or NTSC-J bios files they also need to be appropriately named.

Why does everything seem to make you look for things beyond just the games?
How do I get Mame to work right so I can run Metal Slug 3 and 4 arcade? I put them in the rom folder and didn't unzip them but I got a file missing message so now I seem to need the bios but I don't know where to go.

MikeKob on Jewtoob plays emulated. He's probably the guy to talk to. Check out some of his vids to get an idea for what performance he gets.
youtube.com/user/MichelKobayashi/videos
Pic related is his PCSX2 settings. He posted it in the comment section for one of his videos a while back.

Nope. That position's taken by Drastic on Android.

For those games, you'll need the neogeo bios, which is named neogeo.zip and can be found in most rom sites or arcade rom packs, and it goes in the same folder as the other roms.

Also, if this is your first time setting up an arcade emulator, I would suggest using final burn alpha. Arcade emulators are generally the hardest type of emulator to get working, and FBA is a little more forgiving than MAME.

Was going to emulate 7th Dragon 2020 but first I want to know if the fan translation is good. Translator seems like a bit of a fag.

Kind of goes with the area, being a tumblrfag and all.
That said, I didn't notice any SJW shit playing the game. Not that he could insert much shit anyway since the game was light on the story.

Thanks again; swapped over and after a bit of frustration, figured out how to get it a game running.

Bump

5 and 0 do
you need mipmapping hack tho

>buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist

Oh hell yes, the shadows in SH3 is finally un-fucked.

I know I'm respoinding to a 2 week post, but..
It's basically Kaizo Zelda

Also, how slow is the new 64 emulator compared to mupen64?

Please respond

You use ParaLLEl instead.

Nope not happening.

Fucking hell that looks really good.

Right? I mean the PC version is as far as I know 100% identical. And I played both SH2 and SH3 on PC before. But I like to go through the emulated versions just in case there's even one sound effect, or some particle effect that's missing. Or hell, something that's been altered between the ports.

*And the .GIF is a comparison between the original and the abomination that Tomm Hulett produced.

PSP version of liberty city stories.
I shouldn't have let my retarded parents sell my PS2, the PS2 version is much better but even good computers have issues emulating it and that's before you get to all the fucking glitches. PSP emulation is really good though, . I'm rendering the game at 4800x2720 and downscaling with bilinear, and upscaling textures with the bilinear filter aswell. I wish there were more filters to pick from but it's impressive nonetheless.

There's your problem. Make sure you have the latest PCSX2 git, they tend to be "stable" enough and the stable version is about as old as some anons.

bump

Fuck, pictures didn't go through. Anyway i'm quite impressed with how good it looks through the emulator, the game feels like it's just a shoddy PC port save for the occasional graphical glitch and the fact that i'm playing with a controller.

Just waiting patiently for CEMU 1.7.0 to become available for non-patreons

Also waiting for that nunchuck to come in to play Skyward Sword on Dolphin finally, I got one but it wasn't an official Nintendo licensed one so it didn't work. Its incredible the level of bullshit needed just to fucking emulate one game and the Dolphin devs don't seem to give a shit

Wii owner here, skyward sword is shit and so is your waifu.
What the fuck? Does dolphin just lock you out of using the thing or is it just incompatible?

Been running Donkey Kong Country Returns on Dolphin, so far so good. I hope Tropical Freeze improves upon it once I get to play as Cranky "Fucking Casuals" Kong

incompatible. instead of fixing their shit they'll just tell people "get an official nunchuck to avoid issues!"

I thought a nunchuck was just a fucking control stick attached to a wire but I guess its more complicated than that.

It's to do with the way the peripheral sends instructions to the hardware.
Likely as not, they could fix it but then they'd fall down the rabbit hole of having to support every third-party peripheral instead of working on actual emulation - and no one wants that.

Skyward Sword was pretty fun, and is the latest Zelda Cycle victim in my opinion but whatever. Honestly, resolution upscaling and texture packs haven't sold me on wii emulation, and the hardware is so cheap and easy to mod you may as well.

If it did, it wouldn't work on a real wii would it?

For what purpose?

My theory is Dolphin has very strict code standards (emulation is more stable than actually hardware on many games after they streamlined MMU emulation and fixed some bugs that were present on the actual console) and they like everything more streamlined so they cut a lot of the instruction fat out of their blutooth stack that is present on the actual console

I never understood this either but every emulation thread there's multiple people going full retard because of it.

That seems pretty retarded, specially on the odd chance a game actually relies on that shit. For instance there's a huge amount of C programs that abuse compiler bugs to get some desired effect.

Here, take a couple of my best Dolphin screenshots.

Must have been some kinky shots.

Turns out I was correct.

Fuck i mean console game not console

How the fuck do you get/setup the roms for this shit. Been spining my head over this shit for the last week.

Also
Pic one is the original resolution using the Real external Framebuffer so its using low-level framebuffer emulation (in case you didn't know this makes higher resolutions impossible)

Pic two is native 1080p resolution using virtual external framebuffer emulation (still low level but allows for higher resolutions)
Its also NOT upscaled. Upscaled is taking a lower resolution image and blowing up the image, using an upscaler to fill the gaps so it doesn't look pixelated. What Dolphin does is actually raise the resolution of all 3D geometry (2D textures remain the originals and are stretched though since pixels aren't vectors like polyogns)

You want to look for games in "Loadline format" which is usually a .zip file.

Then you must extract the .zip file WHILE PRESERVING THE FOLDER LAYOUT INSIDE THE .ZIP

Then on CEMU, browse for the .rpx file in the /code directory of wherever you extracted it and then just run it

The textures are what I take issue with.
I understand what upscaling is, though I appreciate the explanation anyway.

Emulation is very important and I'm happy that a console as recent as the Wii (and even Wii U) has been cracked and is emulatable, to the point of being able to further enhance the game's resolution. It's very important preservation wise, especially when we've seen how incompetent Ninendo has been at impersonating their own fucking hardware (virtual console emulation has been hilariously innacruate).

However, asides from unique exceptions, playing on original hardware is the best option in my opinion. Different strokes and all, but I can't stand the awkward scaling in that second picture.

Ahem. Scaling wasn't the word I meant to use. I'm tired. You know what I mean. Goodnight user.

THE SANIC WASN'T A MEME AND IT'S ACTUALLY EXIST?

Where can I get recent plug ins? Are the plugins that come with the stable build old as well? I have trouble emulating maximo.

You have an IR bar and a bluetooth supporting PC right?

I'm currently playing Romancing Saga 3 on my N3DS, although a little bit of pokemon difficulty hacks every now and again is nice.

dolphin still lets you upscale textures with a filter, i personally feel like it's still better than nearest neighbor which is what would otherwise happen. Here's a quick example i wrapped up by picking up a 496x1000 image and upscaling with a few different methods.

git version comes with the plugins you need.

Another note, view the image at it's full resolution not on a thumbnail because thumbnails not only aren't the full image's resolution, they're downscaled.

By downscaled i mean downscaled with a filter, fuck. I haven't slept in 3 days and i can't think straight.

Why would you do this?

Most GCN/Wii games use bilinear texture filtering, no anisotropic, no FSAA, no supersampling, and the entire image is subsampled to 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 chroma on actual hardware (including the Wii U). Even if you don't like HD texture packs, and run at console resolution, that's a lot of unnecessary aliasing artifacts.

Use the 16:9 setting you dumb fuck.

I cant open dolphin.

It kept askibg for a wierd dll, on the forums people said to update my windows, and later installing that microsoft C++ thing, but it wont install either.

I just wanted to play some good old games…

Why in holy fuck aren't you using the widescreen hack?

This is a common issue, but there are multiple possible causes.

What exact messages do Dolphin and the Visual C++ Redistributable installer produce? What version of Windows are you running?

Also, the default build of Dolphin is outdated trash, I suggest you use Ishiiruka instead:
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version

you have to use ishiruka.

do not look at this not supose to mention you.

Come on, I just want to play some comfy game, anons.

Wew lad, wew

It is the way of things (he's just doing 2x FSAA on a 1440p monitor to get rid of jaggies)

How is Dreamcast emulation? I got a game I'm really in the mood to play, but I forgot how burn dreamcast games properly/don't know where my blank CDs are

Here

Now its fixed, thank you guys.

What games to play?

People really need to put that kind of information in these infographics.

How the fuck did you misplace CDs?

I'm mostly testing out the capabilities of Dolphin on my (shitty) computer. So far, the best emulations seems to be Sonic Heroes, followed by Metroid Prime, and Pikmin. I've also tried Spiderman 2, which initially looked shitty because of rendering issues, but i later fixed in the settings. I have yet to try wii games, which I plan to do in a short while.

Haven't needed them since the last time I burned a fuckload of dreamcast games about 4 or 5 years ago. The bit of the blank CDs are somewhere in my house, but I really don't feel like digging them up for 1 game especially since I forgot how to do it.

It's meh, works fine for a handful of game but anything that doesn't work fine in NullDC is gonna be a shit experience because Demul is fucking atrocious despite having almost 100% compatibility.

If you're wondering why here a non exhaustive list

I'm trying to play Tales of the Abyss but it keeps freezing during loading screens at random. This includes loading the area right after every battle.

The widescreen hack makes it look too squiched in my opinion. Maybe I'm just not used to it

Have you tried the unofficial HD remake yet? I heard that some of the content was released.

What method are you using, the toggleable hack or the AR codes with forced widecreen? I played TP on Dolphin a couple of years ago and I'm about 80% sure I managed to get it so the UI didn't stretch.

I'm pretty sure its a hack of SSBB called Super Smash Bros. Infinity

I mean its not like you can google that information or anything…

jesus christ that hud

S T O P S C A L I N G 2 D A S S E T S
T
O
P
S
C
A
L
I
N
G
D
A
S
S
E
T
S

I hope these fuckers get sued and ass raped in jail, there's nothing more kikeish than charging for an emulator.

How about charging for an emulator that only gives access to certain games every month, takes them away when the month changes, and only emulates a couple very old and very easily freely emulatable systems?

It gets worse, if you're in a pal region vc games are actually pal roms.
How can nintendo even justify this shit?

I suppose none of you faggots have any leaked version above 1.6.4?

bump.

The Patreon builds have DRM so you wouldn't do much with them anyway
Until Mudlord showed up that is
mudlord.info/blog/2017/01/13/reversing-cemu/
megafileupload.com/8efp/cemu1.7.0_(2).zip
Still have to patch it yourself but you're probably not retarded so it should work

Normally I'm against DRM but does it really matter? I mean, it only takes around a week or so for the regular build to come out for non-patreon users and the dude making the emulator is doing a good job. It's not like he's holding features hostage behind a paywall or anything. Let the dude get some shekels for his work and we all benefit from it.

There are far worse thing about CEMU than the DRM, even if the shit implementation of said DRM is a security risk.

Why the fuck is this game so good?
This was supposed to be a piece of shit but its a better game than Drakengard and DMC 2 despite getting worse reviews than both.

And here is one in hardware mode with a widescreen hack

dude huds
lmao

Like what? So far it's the only WiiU emulation worth a shit. Could you please enlighten me on this?

First and foremost it's closed source, meaning if the dev disappears or fucks off without releasing anything WiiU emulation is basically gonna be stuck in a limbo until someone does something better, and no the author promising he will release source doesn't mean shit until he actually does it or take measure that prove it will actually be done

Second apparently the author is focusing on getting shit to play asap instead of actually emulating the console meaning you're likely gonna be stuck with games that won't ever play right, and before you go "hurr durr autist muh accuhurtz" might I remind you that it's exactly what happened for N64, PS2, Saturn, Dreamcast, XBOX, etc
We could always get lucky and mostly have shit games or multiplat be not emulate right like with dolphin but I wouldn't count on it

Other than that Cemu is good, and the dev seem to know his shit so it could turn out fine despite of that.

Makes sense. The whole closed source thing is a shitshow but until decaf get its shit together, it's all we have.

As for the accuracy thing. Well, I do agree, emulators shouldn't focus on playing X game (unless you're going to do 1 emulator per game, which is ridiculous in itself), but to be fair, the amount of worthwhile exclusives the WiiU has is so small that it might turn out ok. We'll see what happens down the line.

This. It's also why, in spite of N64 emulation being objectively shit, its microscopic "library" of 1st/2nd-party exclusives meant it was subjectively awesome for 99% of users from the day Corn and UltraHLE appeared.

any updates on saturn emulation?

you mean mednafen#s saturn emulation? Nothing new, at least it werks without being a broken alpha product.

SSF has had an unoficial patch that allows to load .CHD directly and not rely ojn a crappy third party software, downside is you have to convert your dumps to CHD.

Not that big of a deal but the rain effects in the MGS2 tanker segments have a bit more depth than I thought.

There is webm related and then there is randomization applied to the affect to emulate the direction of rain changing. You won't get rained on when you face away from the rain.

Finally someone who understands me. However, I was surprised when I scaled Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine, the HUD didn't scale, even on full screen. I thought it was just the Dolphin being pretty good emulator. Scaling PS2 games is shit for that reason, although I don't know if it's the emulator, and AA and filters work if you do.

CEMU is shit.

Pretty sure that's just an old pic, right? No one can be this retarded.

Please respond

Thanks for the bump.

Is there a way to get retro arc to have rom hacks such as translations on the quick select menu?

Just for reference:
Increasing the size of anything, especially fixed-resolution assets like bitmaps (textures, sprites, HUD, the entire rendered entire frame, etc.) uniformly or not.
Non-uniform scaling, such as stretching squarer 4:3 content to more rectangular widescreen 16:9
Rendering non-fixed assets (like 3D polygons) at larger than normal resolutions

It came out barely a year ago, emulating a 7th-gen marketed as 8th-gen system. The fact that it works as well as it does is astounding, compared to Xenia and RPCS3.

No more retarded than not knowing what FSAA is;^)

why not both?Use Ishiruka for emulation and than start with GC

Doubt it, RA goes off hardcoded dbs for those so if your ROMs doesn't match any known hash it won't be added automatically, I think there's a workaround but I don't remember exactly.

Should I play normal Xenogears or should I use this romhack? The only significant difference is changing stuff to be like the Japanese version and using some Japanese audio, but is it because the English version is bad or is it meant for weeaboos?
romhacking.net/hacks/444/

Nah its just an undub. Xenogears is not that great of a game so it doesn't matter what you play

The only good reason to buy a PS4 at all is to pirate it

Should i use PPSSPP's stable version or get a dev build? I ask because some emulators have a huge feature gap between those 2 and the developer ones are stable enough so i'm not sure.

Hi, does anyone know if there is such a thing as a romhack that splits Super Mario All Stars into the separate games? (as in one rom copy for each game). I really need that for my autismm

Which wipeout pulse edition is better PS2 or PSP?

I like to use dev builds typically but in the case of PPSSPP the stable release should be fine if there isn't some major feature or fix you need in one of the builds.

I'd go for PSP because the PS2 version is 480i where as emulating PSP games will let you play in proper progressive scan.

PS2 version has progressive scan if you hold X and triangle while it boots up

The Wikipedia page for PS2 games with alternate display modes says 480i only, are you sure?

Fuck, i might be wrong. I think i was reading about another game with progressive support and mixed it up.

That's kinda' totally irrelevant, since PCSX2 renders in p-scan just like every console's actual hardware does at the framebuffer level. There is no such thing as an i-scan console game, only i-scan RAMDACs.

Then why does GSDX have a deinterlacing option?

Does the ps2 port have anything better than the psp version though? I never had a psp but i remember big part of the psp > ps2 ports were garbage

Probably some esoteric thing involving FMVs.

To further emphasize my point regarding the PS2 specifically, preloader software for actual consoles can force them to do the same thing for any game:
psx-scene.com/forums/f291/gs-mode-selector-development-feedback-61808/

.>>11752038
Nope the vast majority of games work in 480i internally, some even rely on interlacing behavior to reduce memory usage in some game, PCSX2 has deinterlacing because a large majority of games need it, PCSX2 does do some fucking around to recreate a pseudoi progressive output without deinterlacing if you set it to none but due to the memory saving trick I mentioned it causes the video output tojump up and down by a few pixels every frames when said trick is in use.

There's two software that can force 480p on, PS2, one does it by patching the elf of the game and will not work everywhere, the other works by forcing some sort of deinterlacing on the PS2 and can even force 720p and 1080i in most games.

tl;dr don't talk about shit you don't actually understand

Okay, it looks like you're right, and I'm an ignorant faggot. Apparently the PS2 went to the extreme of rendering alternating fields in two separate framebuffers, meaning even non-native resolutions in PCSX2 are stuck with interlace for most games barring hacks, something so unbelievably bizarre I don't think I've heard of any other console doing it:
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Interlacing-question-from-a-new-PCSX2-user

Hey, that's actually really smart. When will sony make a good console with games again? They haven't since the ps2 and psp days.

It was probably a way for them to improve performance when rendering a game at 60 fields per second, which to a CRT is basically the same as saying 60fps since it can natively display interlaced formats.

I could be totally wrong though.

What game is this?

No, you are on the money. The ps2 uses a lot of tricks which make it to thank for having so many 60fps games. All the more reason to use original hardware and a crt.

Thats not how it works

What exactly do you mean by this?
There aren't many games on the PS2 that run at 60FPS. Especially not consistently.

There are quite a few, actually. There's also some research going on into controlling the hardware frame stepping, many 30fps locked games are capable of 60+fps, such as ico.

Emulating jurassic park 3 park builder. Haven't gotten a rex yet. Getting pretty impatient on year 5.

Got a list?

google it, also play ps2 games

How do I get a 360 controller or DS4 to work with Citra? It won't register any buttons.

Yes it is. That's the whole advantage of a CRT, it can scan the screen once displaying only top fields, then scan again displaying bottom fields, on and on. It can also do bottom field first if needed. It displays just fine this way, it just is effectively half vertical resolution upon output.

Why the fuck are ps1 roms multiple files? Who thought this was okay? Why can't they just be one fucking thing, and then have the shitty ps1 emulators support compressed ISO?

You stop buying shit controllers.

Because that's the only format good ripping tools output.

Because pbp isn't widespread yet and most other one file format don't have proper support for multitrack image, at best you always end up having to make a .cue with track descriptors and that won't always work with .iso

.ecm is cancer, .bin + compressed audio is double cancer, most other compressed formats have limitation that makes them unsuited for PS1 games and .pbp support isn't widespread

Turns out the real answer is that Citra doesn't support controllers unless you are using unofficial builds.

how about you back up your claims you piece of shit?

Most PS2 games are use heavy amounts of interlacing. That alone prevents them getting to 60 FPS
Even when using progressive output options(if the game comes with any) the game would be hard locked to 30.

Except that isn't what the post I quoted says. What do you hope to accomplish by going off on a completely unrelated tangent?

i have to resume that game some day.
Also i wish other games used super human psyhos as MCs, Drakengard doesn't count