RE 7

IS ANYONE EXCITED FOR THIS? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PREDICTIONS?

So far I've heard "MUH AMNESIA LYKE MEME GAME" to "OMG GUIZE BEST GAYM OF 2017!!" I played the demo and had some conflicted feelings. While I enjoy that new direction that capcom is taking the RE series, it just feels like with this installment, that RE 5-7 (including revelations) should be considered jokes or non-canon. Capcom went full shekels with making RE like CoD to get dumb ass CoD players to buy RE and fucked everything up.

I was optimistic, then Denuvo happened. No single game worth its salt uses Denuvo. It doesn't help that it has a season pass so you end up paying 90$ for the full game. Yeah, no. Fuck off. I'll wait for a sale or a crack.

Explain why Denuvo is bad. I'm too lazy to jewgle it myself

It's DRM.

Well shit that is moshe tier

Bricks PCs and is another layer of DRM

What's going to fail harder, RE7 or the Nintendo Switch?

I actually like RE7, the demo won me over. That being said I'm more confused why this is called RE when it could be a spiritual successor on its own merit, since it doesnt seem to have anything in common. Dont see it as a day one purchase though and I'm more interested in REmake 2 or Evil Within 2 but actually done better

Because a legacy title means more publicity and more money

The initial reveals of RE7 were off putting due to the their emphasis on first person horror, which led me associate this game with things like Amnesia, Outlast, and other similar titles. However, over time more and more game mechanics were revealed and it caught my attention again. It's too bad the demo features so little actual gameplay content, as outside of the basement encounter, there's literally no game to be played. If the demo had content that was more representative of the actual game, I might be more excited for the release.

The fuck is wrong with that file? I can't play it, it just sticks at 0:00.

What browser are you using?

Chrome, but i'm going to point out the irrelevance of that as it works on my phone's Chrome.

Star Citizen will fail harder than both.

Literal who game

Wel, that's the problem right there.

Played a little at a preview. The Baker family found a Umbrella chopper carrying samples of everything from every game crashed in the bayou and have been dosing themselves to become birkins in the making and kidnapping people to turn into their own hillbilly los illuminados called "the molded"

But its supposed to take place after RE6 while being nothing in the series look like they came from the same series. It looks more like a reboot.

Im skeptical on this one but you forgot to add it fucks over modding and puts an expiration date on vidya

Judging from the initial game reveal. Garbage

Judging from the non-play demo. Garbage.

RE0 still the best and always.

I haven't been thinking of the game besides being shown it's coming out soon a bunch. The end product cannot be turned into anything good based on their direction so there's not much left to think about.

Didnt they say that the demo will not be like the game, but is just aesthetically similar or some shit?

Chrome cant play mp4s. Need firefox or another browser for that.
-t.chrome user.

I was actually about to make a thread about this.

I wonder if Capcom realizes how boring and not scary their game actually is? Hillbillies with super powers aren't scary. Sludge monsters aren't scary. Add on top of that all the footage shown so far looks to have the same gameplay flow as the demo (walk around for a while with no real threat until a puzzle triggers the enemy). I've got no hope in this and I bet this kills Resident Evil for good.

Resident Evil isn't scary. Really nothing is scary in and of itself, it's all in how it's presented and how the player interacts with it. I haven't really seen much to get excited about here though. I'd love to be wrong.

I suppose that is subjective, still, I think that REmake and RE0 were about as close to objectively scary as possible. You were faced against mindless, deformed, decaying monsters that wanted nothing more than to eat your face. You had limited ammo, very limited health, and small spaces. Each encounter was memorable due to the different zombies being placed there and you could usually even find something left by the people who became the zombies. There was a lot of love and thought put into it.

Now you have a coherent enemy that spouts out a bunch of silly one liners while slowly walking after you with a shovel that he swings slowly. Each hit barely does any damage, your health regenerates, and you can just outrun him… which could make sense for zombies, but not the "family men". The black sludge monsters really aren't anything special either. They all look alike and aren't human enough to be recognizable. Really, they look generic from a design stand point.

Have you played the demo yet?

i'll allow it had some of the best backgrounds of the entire series but jesus christ user what the fuck are you doing good taste in waifu though

Resident evil was never about scary though, it was about resource management. Zombies were slow, dumb and easy to kill but you were constantly low on dakka and healing items, which is where the tension came from. Where's the tension in "spooky" jump scares and trying to kill indestructible hillbillies and blobs of worms?

see

but I agree with that also.

I really hope it's good but I'm fairly certain it will be complete and utter shit though.

So far I have

WEW, looks like capcom shit the bed, maybe. I'm interested to see how mediocre this release will be. Seems like Capcom wants this to be a re-branding of the RE series but I don't see it.

Not even that it's puzzle driven, the old RE games had puzzles galore. It's the formulaic nature of the game. From the demo and the TGS demo both look to play out very similarly, just activating different hillbilly bosses.

So it's a trigger boss battle driven meme game?

at the moment, more or less. It just looks to be boring more than anything else. Outlast 2 looks to do what Resident Evil 7 is trying to do, but better. Like I hope I'm wrong, but there is more than an hours worth of gameplay out there and none of it looks particularly good or interesting.

Holy shit I forgot about that. I really hope that's good because I enjoyed the first one. I'm still confused on the plot but I enjoyed the "modern lovecraft" feel that I got from it.

I just hope they add some form of combat to it. I'm not a fan of being forced to run, especially from human enemies.

Nah, it looks more like Condemned 3 but with a focus on puzzles.

Yeah heaven forbid they make a new entry in a series that desperately needs one instead of churning out yet another Resident Evil. Not even one that would excite the fans, I guarantee you RE fans would shit themselves a hundred times over for REmake 2 instead of RE7

Fuck, I just realized this. The more I read about RE7 and play the demo the more I lose hope. Why do better games always end up getting shoah'd?

No, I haven't, and I'm unlikely to soon.
If by some chance it turns out to be good I'd rather just be pleasantly surprised.

I just wanna see Wesker do stupid shit again.

did you even play condemned 2? 3 would be even worse

Sometimes dead is better, but with how much they're borrowing from Condemned in the Beginning Hour demo between the decaying urban aesthetics and the mannequins I wouldn't mind if these guys were trying to make C3

We already have a Resident Evil thread, Crapcom

Excuse me while i laugh even harder
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

THIS

Youre triggering me, user.

Everything post-Mikami is shit

She totally does in the remake though. They cut her hipsize in half, and now she looks like justin fucking beiber.

I was hoping someone would fix it, but RE0 modding didn't really take off.

Well she was always supposed to be petite.

Her frame turned in to that of a boys. I'd still play the remaster for the 60fps and grafix, but Rebecca being changed is uneasy on the eyes.

Never played zero becuase i dont find it interesting at all, so the only models im used to are those of REmake and the original resident evil/deadly silence.

Considering its Capcom, I am not hopeful.

everytime i play Zero is on the leather outfit, else its a bit hard cause she looks like a 4th grade boy

Not even the magical nurse outfit?

Actually I was not talking so much about the DRM, but rather the fact that every single game that has Denuvo is either bad or outright mediocre. I've played several Denuvo games and they're always very underwhelming, not to mention that (at least for me) they have performance issues.

Dude Sex and Womb Raider were particularly bad on the performance front. While they ran just fine at 60fps, they made my GPU heat up more than usual and my whole system started going slow as shit, even after I quit the game. This ONLY happens to me with Denuvo games, including little ones like ABZÛ.

No shit, some older, great DOS games like Zork can be completed in a few minutes if you look up a guide too.

Comparison

Did you remember to grope her?

user, chris died to plant 42 because i spent too much time gropping her.

kill yourself yesterday

Super excited

…explain that please? Everyone here is such a jew I just assumed Denuvo was hated because it was DRM. What the fuck have I been subjecting myself to?

I really liked the demo until it fucked up on the finger puzzle and wouldn't trigger the third giggle, haven't been that legit mad at a game gor a while. It's not actually scary but it has great atmosphere, and I do like the over the top dark humor they've shown in trailers so far. It reminds me more of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 than anything and that isn't a complaint.

I'm debating getting a key for $35 and waiting for the DLC to go on sale later. Especially since my wife is a pussy and I get a sadist-boner watching her cry and run away from 2spoopy shit.

Outside of MAYBE the Gamecube remakes RE was never scary. The problem is it hasn't been fun for a while either.

I tried to like this style of game but the fixed camera angles that fucking swap all over the place as you move around and the 3rd person view are shit.

They should make FPS's instead of trying to replicate their failed style of video game that didn't catch on.

The only good Denuvo game is Hitman that is coming this month.

It's another big hurdle for the longevity of games and another assurance that the games you're playing now might stop receiving support and will just stop working eventually. Lots of "older" games from just fifteen or more years ago that are a little difficult to get working now

Hitman's already all out for PC, it just needs to get cracked. The January release is just for consoles

Nigger are you retarded? It was the hot shit back then with several clones. It fucking sold like warm pancakes.

The advancement of technology makes some games that are little over 10 years obsolete and not be playable on modern computers. Some of them may get released as a digital download or get an updated remastered version later but not all games, the same as movies on vhs, have fully made the transition.

Its kind of the reason why illegal uploads of books to movies to music and video games has persisted. They may get uploaded on release but whose to say that they'll last forever. Once those sites disappear, who will carry those files and re-upload them again for others to try out? Can you find that obscure show on the internet that hasn't ever had a dvd release in a complete state? Whether the product is good or bad, who will be the arbitrator that continues to make sure that these files exist for future generations to come? Life is short, time is precious and if people don't know it exists, then they won't last forever.

True that. I remember an animated movie I used to own on VHS when I was a kid. It was called "Les fabuleuses aventures du légendaire Baron de Munchausen" and released in '79. Given that I speak Spanish, I watched the Spanish version and it became ridiculously hard to find nowadays. Only by chance and looking in the darkest corners of the web, did I finally find the whole thing in Spanish, and don't even attempt to find it in English. I'm not sure it even exists. It's probably for sale on Amazon now though.

Just shows that not everything can be archived. It needs time and love.

If it goes the way RE2.5 was going, I fully approve. The whole "corporation creates virus" really kills the horror for me, even in RE4 it gave me peace of mind.

Kind of. RE1 focused a lot on enemy avoidance. When RE4 hit the scene there was an emphasis on enemy interaction to gain the upper hand. RE7 has good intentions going back to enemy avoidance. But I think the stop and pop, pseudo stealth may be over correcting itself in that regards.

If you're too young to know how popular Resident Evil got then you're too young to post on this board.

I'm talking about the disc release that will give us a crack unless the disc is literally just steam.exe

It's confirmed to be a disc release? I assumed it would just be a box with a steam key inside of it like every other physical PC release in the last few years

SE said it would be a real one but I don't trust the yellow kikes.

So far I'm way more excited for Resident Evil Vendetta than for RE7

at least we are supposed to get a Resident Evil 2 remake… if 7 doesn't kill it… and there's the chance that even if it doesn't Capcom will still screw it up somehow…

It's almost as if you activley refuse to learn and just want to get hurt.
Or you have severe braindamage.

No Mercenaries no buy.

HUNK as a main character when?

They cant, the player wouldnt be able to survive.

what is the context of this, Jeez

but aren't you excited for Alice's Shit Adventures a.k.a. Resident Evil: The Final (not really) Chapter?

Hey guys i come out the same day too~

can't wait, m8

I don't think it will. There is barely any hype surrounding RE7 at all.

You don't have a fucking clue.
Please consider suicide.

They should make FPS's instead of trying to replicate their failed style of video game that didn't catch on.

I hope this shit game will bomb badly.

I think it will unless somehow they are holding a ton back. So far we have seen the three bosses, and they are all horribly underwhelming. They have also traded enemy variety and types for slow moving sludge monsters and haven't really shown anything else.

Usually Capcom is pretty good about hyping up their main titles but they have been oddly quiet with this one. I wonder if they know how bad they goofed?

I kinda like the atmosphere. It's a little closer tot he Zero & Remake, but I think the Amnesia/Condemned style gameplay is off putting. I'll play it, but I doubt I'll think very much of it.

I'm more excited for the Vendetta movie and RE-Make 2

Awww shit. I haven't played any Yakuza games yet….I just want RE7 to fail. Capcom is becoming like EA with all this vidya kikery

With Crapcom it's NEVER their fault, even if the game is complete shit they'll blame the goyim for not buying it anyway.
Capcom's president/CEO or whoever takes these idiotic decisions needs to drink bleach and an hero asap.

I'm not sure why people expect the game to do poorly when the even less liked RE6 is the second highest selling game in Capcom's history, selling over 6.5 million copies.

I can understand your sentiment, but previous experience says otherwise. Even RE5, which was pretty shit, sold over 7 million.

I think it's because, as I said, there's just no hype. It's completely off the radar of normalfags. They failed to make it look like a AAA action movie, it doesn't look like a Walking Dead generic zombie game to bank on that dollar, instead the only marketing it has received is a boring demo(with decent atmosphere) and a bunch of even more boring trailers. There's just nothing that catches the eye with this one. 6 looked great, but played horrible on release. The marketing was top notch though. They were bringing back all these old characters, having them cross paths, and take on a global threat. 5 built up hype over years, had controversy, and also had great marketing… 7 has little to nothing. It's a huge departure, none of the trailers have shown zombies and instead they have shown off these boring looking hicks who slowly walk after you, and.. well… that's it.

I just can't see this doing well. No big sites are covering it, none of my friends are talking about it, and it isn't a game for Resident Evil fans. It's more for streamers, but even they have better games coming out.

I wasn't, but after playing the demo last week on PC it made me interested. I'll be waiting to see reviews about it when it comes out.