What the fuck happened to this game? Weren't some retro studios staff supposed to be working on it?

What the fuck happened to this game? Weren't some retro studios staff supposed to be working on it?

Never heard of it.

There was a trailer at last years e3 I think.

It came out and was mediocre.

Aside from that I didnt see any discussion about it and not even clang loli lewds

Was if fun?

Wasnt the conman of mn9 involved on this

Its like a 5/10, Microshit barely gave them any money to develop and expected triple A. Its too bad as well, Mark Pacini (pretty much the mastermind behind the Metroid Prime Trilogy), was the lead developer and director.

Yup.

At times, not enough to justify a full-priced purchase. But play it if you're into this type of thing.

webm related, also a bunch of gliches and cut content

This came out? Fucking when? I've been looking forward to it.

Want to know why it failed?

September of last year according to gamefaqs.

most people wrapped up the game best
"you find things to open doors which you find more doors to find more things to open more doors"

I got a copy of it for a dollar a few months ago, gonna wait until the upcoming update that adds the cut content and play it.

I liked the demo, but I'm not sure how the full game will fair in the long run. I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth, at the very least.

Is this a Chaos Legion ripoff?

Soul Sacrifice Delta was GOTY 2014 and the conman was creative director on that, afaik.

Basically this. All around it was a very mediocre game. Almost terrible.

I didn't realize the conman had a defense force here.

I'm not defending him, I'm just saying he's not going to instantly doom a game to failure just because he's had any impact on said title.

Fucking hell, jumpy strawman shit like this is the main problem with Holla Forums these days I fucking swear.

thats like saying ninja theory did nothing wrong

they can't make a single good game after their first masterpiece

year before that m8

I fail to see the connection, here. It's same argument that folks had that "platinum could do no wrong" before their recent batch of disappointments.

Just because someone has had problems in the past doesn't mean that it's impossible for them to make something good. Granted, I'll grant that Soul Sacrifice was probably more of Japan Studio and Marvelous' talent than the conmans.

Damn, I was looking REALLY fucking forward to this game. It was a shame it turned out the way it did.

It wasn't even bad in the sense where I could laugh and say "oh man this is shit", it was just somewhat mediocre to the point where I just sighed and turned the game off.

I got it on release day. I have yet to finish it.

Those are the saddest games, right? The ones where you can see that there was at least an effort?

That's how I felt about Fairy Fencer F, it was held back by the standard Compile Heart budget. At least Advent Dark Force was better… but that's what that game should've been at the start.

I hear you, dude. The worst part is that I was actually really into it for the first little bit of the game. I liked the art, the exploration, and the environments, and ripping the cores out of the robots felt good.

After a while I became less and less enchanted as the game's flaws soon presented themselves. I guess I should blame myself since I was expecting a god-tier masterpiece considering I love the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Well, hopefully once I get to ReCore I'll still enjoy it. I'm sure, since I know the reception it has, I'll like it at least a bit better than you did.

Hell, some of my personal favorite games are really flawed. Lost Dimension was one of my favorite games of 2015 and that was pretty fucking flawed.

Why is the genre doomed to be populated by a bunch of shit?
Has there been a single good TPS to be released in the past four years?

that isn't EDF

Binary Domain was fantastic

max payne 3

Yeah, no.

Only the trash left Retro Studios.

Come on Retro studios game this year.

So Holla Forums is going to stop blaming Miyamoto for Sticker Star then?

It sure takes one person to ruin a game.

Amazing

Xbone and Wins 10 with zero hype or even shilling, that's pretty much what happened, same with The Last Guardian, Sony might be in the lead in console sells, but they are in the same boat as Microsoft when it comes to their precious games or IP.

I tried the demo and deleted it 5 minutes later.

Hey, it's one of three people that actually played that game. I stopped halfway through, I got too mixed between boredom of grinding and being afraid that I'd have to kill a character I actually liked.

Oh come on, without ratbeard No Man's Sky still would have been nothing.

The general trend with him is that he generally does fuck games over since his track record is not that good. People operate under trends instead of under exceptions.

Statistics is a strawman. Okay then. No, you are a defense force no matter how you look at it. Crying exception as your defense when someone is alluding to a trend is silly.

I thought it was tanabes fault.

That's because Bill Gates saves his shekels and doesn't waste them on conmen and snakeoil like your average Kickstarter.

not to mention Tomokazu Fukushima and kojima.

Know wonder Micro$hit has been shit.

Worth noting that this game came out as a budget title. Something I think should be applauded in the current games market. They could've very easily put this game out at full price.

Exactly.

No, that's a good phrase.
What killed Microsoft was their abysmal middle management, awful as fuck quality control, desperate attempts to save money by making very shitty libraries, components and frameworks that are not reusable, abysmal optimization, and overall bad taste and little love for what they do.

"Work smart, not hard."

You're funny, bro

The same thing that happend to these two, somewhat.

In fairness they gave it a budget price and marketed it compared to something like D4.

Gee, who could have predicted that.

My boss just gave me that speech for pooping.