People constantly ask for 40k video games

I could go for a Hornet Leader video game.

Infinity is anime waifu garbage full of MULTICULTURALISM YES! agenda pushing

Outdated shit that should have died completely when the computer became another household object.

Are those robots or people in suits?
Because if they're the former then they're pretty hot

Way to start a thread fam

It's almost like they're a niche audience or something.

Or 40cucks just spammed memes to much

Kill yourself

He's right fam

Infinity would work more as a video game but is restricted to table top shit

Jesus fucking Christ

I just wanted to talk about other video game idea that arent 40k.

Ill fucking go back to /tg/ since thats the only board to go to on this gay site

>tfw 40k is the only good board left that isn't dead

Bitch, please. You'd get your ass reamed for this thread on /tg/ just as well and you know it. The main difference being is that some bored shitposter will bump this to ~300.

Maybe you should have started the thread with something with thought put into it rather than vague template greentext.

Don't try to talk to video gamers about tabletop games. Don't try to talk to tabletop gamers about video games.

And don't try to talk to either one with a shitty thread like this.

It will only end in tears.

i-i like tabletops and video games

also hate dnd video games without d4 systems

Literally why would you play a tabletop game when you have a computer though? It's interesting watching people who grew up playing tabletop games and not video games, they have a diverse range of perspectives when it comes to designing a game, but they're all based upon the ignorance of their time. It's not just wargames either, it's the same for RPGs and card games, all tabletop games are outdated when compared to even the simplest and crudest of computer games.

(checked)
But gamers are dead

What other table top games them? D&D? That's like most RPGs's

Yeah fucking right

The board owner on /tg/ here is based and the posters there arent uptight faggots.

You are the kind of person that would make this.

I see you've spent a significant amount of time there, then. :^)

Tabletop RPGs allow for things that "traditional" video games do not based on the interactions between players and the GM. Video games can only support the behaviors they are programmed for, but when a human is running the game he can make just about anything work on the fly.

You CAN however have a video game like tabletop simulator that takes all the physical limitations out of tabletop games while still being run by a human GM and therefor still allowing the same freedom.

Wargames like 40k though, or other inflexible game types like TCGs, would be perfect for vidya. They don't actually benefit from being run by humans in any way and putting them on computers would actually allow more interesting mechanics while also saving cost.

Of course cost is probably the main reason they AREN'T transferred over intact, because the companies that make them can make far more money selling miniatures and cards and rulebooks then they could on a (non-microtransaction based) video game.

I hope as AIs get stronger and more natural in their speech patterns, that we get virtual GMs to use.

That said, if you don't mind Microsoft, Google, or Apple knowing your RPG habits.

Don't be a tease, OP. Name em.

Why is Holla Forums so much better then?

Holla Forums is objectively the worst board on Holla Forums. worst then leftypol

Why don't you stick to shitting up Holla Forums and leave /tg/ alone.

At what, coddling shitposters, newfags and niggers? The kike, obviously.

No it's still a storytelling/creativity thing. Unless all you want to play are dungeon modules and even then it's probably better with a human. AIs would only work if they were "real" AIs, not chat bots and video game scripts.

/tg/ please fuckoff and never come back.
What a sad excuse for a thread

40k memes went to peoples heads

True.

Why should the interaction between a player and a GM be seen as something worth preserving? It usually boils down to there being a troll behind a door or not. Computers can provide so much more than that. Even randomly generated games like Rogue and Nethack design better adventures than a GM. Hell, I know of one game that had the player-GM interaction you want, but it's overshadowed by its shittier sequel and I think the multiplayer is basically dead for it.

No, if I'll make any game it'll be a fucking computer game. Tabletop games are a thing of the past that will hopefully die out completely very soon.

A GM's roll is not to decide whether or not there is a troll behind the door, but to answer the question 'What is behind the door'.

the space marine game was good, but I'm fucking tired of the IOM.

You are still thinking of RPGs as just dungeon crawls. Meanwhile that's the least-part of what goes into an actual RPG.

Even just talking to an NPC can't be done properly in a computer game. No matter how much effort developers put into dialog options there will always be things the player might want to say but can't. Even if they design a free form response field there will still be ideas the player has that the computer simply cannot comprehend.

In a tabletop RPG you can literally do whatever you want, whether it's rolling a diplomancer and persuading the king to give you the throne just 'cause or diverting a river into the dungeon because it's easier than fighting whatever is down there, or even less absurd things.

In a game these would all be set pieces that would have to be designed into the game from the start (which wouldn't happen because it's unbalanced) and then they would ultimately be too easy to find because every single interaction in a video game can be easily found and mapped. It would no longer be creativity on the part of the players but simply finding the breadcrumbs left by the developers.

I mean here we are talking about a medium of games that rewards players for roleplaying the fact they have to take a shit and you want to convert the depth of possibility into a fixed program. It simply doesn't work that way.

It's because W40k is, while shit, the best one there is
W40k is the only tg that isn't pozzed

It's actually just space marines
I want to see a IG game

None of that shit has to do with actual gameplay, that's all just writing and story telling. With the computer, we can have games that excel in gameplay, and have gameplay superior to that of tabletop games. Dice rolls can be put under the hood, calculations are over with, stats and abilities are just things that you get when you level up. Computer games are objectively superior to tabletop games and it's only irrelevant bullshit that you can stand upon. Computer games are cheaper, can often be played alone, don't require four whole books to actually run, and can pull off complex systems much more elegantly than some guy with some dice. The only downside is the supposed loss of imagination and storytelling.

I play tabletop games for free. How 'bout you?
In an RPG? Perish the thought.

How do you manage to pirate tabletop games?

Although I'm the sorta guy that would want everything nice and authentic with little models.

And we were just complaining about this same exact shit in the Infinity thread. This is the exact same sort of sorry bait thread one would find back on halfchan; to the average user, it just looks like shilling.

Table Top Simulator.

You are objectively full of shit. I'm not even /tg/ and I can sense how shit your taste are.

Chinaman, if you're playing 40k. Not sure about anything else.

I don't play tabletop games because they're shit. The price of a trash computer can get you hundreds upon hundreds of hours of gameplay for free.
Why not remove the game aspects entirely because it's just mediocre shit that gets outperformed by a fucking computer? Make them interactive storytelling systems.

How is my taste shit? Name a single tabletop game that can't possibly be done better on a computer.

A lot of them let you download their rulebooks for free. The rest is up to your imagination at that point. Hell, you can use roll20 to do most shit.

Until we get AI that can think like a human being? Every single one of them. You're completely missing the point of tabletop, I take it the only RPG you've played is D&D4e.

Meant to quote fuck phone posting.

But he is right, nobody but 40 yo virgin turbowizards from /tg/ and reddit play tabletop games anymore, its such a pathetic outdated shrinking market that we might as well pretend that it doesn't exist.

Huh, never considered those.

I've never played a single tabletop game because they're all outdated trash. I don't know why multiplayer CRPGs aren't popular, but if you honestly want that aspect, go ahead and make it, maybe you'll get popular amongst your circlejerk. Computer games are better at being wargames, boardgames, RPGs, anything that a pen, paper, some dice and four rulebooks can barely manage to pull off.

man i wish there was a warhammer game :^)))

The 2013 Space Hulk game (no not the one made by Streunom) played exactly like the Space Hulk game, it was a fucking boring turn based game because of it. Blood Bowl plays exactly like Blood Bowl, it's also a fucking turn based game and it's not at all like Mutant League Football. Tabletop mechanics are extrapolations to facilitate your imagination and being a slow turn based system is fine cause you can just pretend everything is frozen and slowly playing out in your head bit by bit or after the dice is rolled, but fuck me faithful conversion of those mechanics to vidya does not automatically translate to a good video game.

I really wanted to like Blood Bowl too, but it seems so rigid in strategy with that cage formation.

Just don't go into these things expecting complete automation. They are just facilitators.

I can't comment on this. Other than some Magic games (which were alright but horribly limited) I haven't found a tabletop game on steam that I enjoy playing, mostly because tabletop games are games played with people and a lot of PC games offer up bots in their stead, which is sorely lacking.

You stupid nigger the whole fucking point of Role Playing Games is that you play a role. It's it's cooperative storytelling. Some systems don't even use stats or dice rolls. Video games on the other hand do well to get past "Welcome to Corneria" level dialogue. Like what said you would need hard AI, or at least soft AI that is cleverly enough programed to pretend to be hard AI, in order for computers to exceed the 'round-the-table experience.

Then why delude yourself by calling them games and thinking it's possible for them to be better games than actual games?

What a shit time to be on Holla Forums.

This tbh, kill yourself 75eead

Lurk more shitting on /tg/ was an Holla Forums staple

Because your definition of a game is so shallow you're incapable of recognizing games outside your own bubble?

How fucking obtuse are you?

Nice sockpuppet.

Sorta sad we're no closer to settling this debate than neckbeards on newsgroups were a few decades ago.

Try Armageddon! It is a turn based isometric PC game that can run on a toaster and focuses mostly on the 3rd war of Armageddon and the steel legions,Spess mehreens aren't the overwhelming part of the central campaign

As if 40k isn't generic anime minus hueg eyes itself.

Saw a DnD group nea my city a few days ago, even had a few qt3.14 there playing as well.
It's not outdated at all, it just forms tighter communities that enjoy getting together at night for a casual session of dungeon delving with friends.

Except you're comparing things that are very wildly different from each other and mixing terms together.

Tabletop doesn't excel simply because of the GM thinking on the fly but because you play it with friends as well. It's their humour, their tactics and their characters that bring life to the table, a single player with a GM would be kinda sad.
And guess what, you can play most RPG games with friends and get roughly the same experience with them. Not the "playing a specific role and roleplaying this crazy action" but the whole social aspect of having fun with friends pretending to be a paladin slaying orcs.

The GM can react to everything you try to do but this usually ends up involving a lot of pretending instead of roleplaying and if you're lucky your action will be summed with a skill roll but possibly not even that. At that stage, you're far too close to "creative\interpretative roleplaying" than you really should.
Meanwhile, a game can include all the details you could need to abstract the concepts you could use, like Oblivion having Responsability, Courage and Like that allowed for scruplous criminals, people reacting in different ways to people they dislike or commit crimes in certain situations and even scaring away people.

Now keep in mind that Oblivion was a shit game that barely took advantage of it's features and a better game could be made with enough of these abstractions that you could have pretty much any element you wanted to use and actually roleplay with it, instead of simply pretending.

Also, let's not forget that the GM is human but that's both an upside and a downside. The amount of information and simulation he can process at any given time is fairly small and often relegated to dice rolls if even that. Meanwhile, a computer could simulate the entire economy of an entire world for you to interact with in meaningfull ways and do it on the side while you're playing the game.
Go ask a GM to do and simulate a world with the detail of Mount&Blade, for instance.

And for an even more dire example: if DnD 3.5 was on PC, people would actually bother with Grapple.

people in suits
robots are in different fraction

but do those tabletop wargames have as many memes as 40k? this is a very important question

You have no one to blame but yourself, faggot.

well i dont know very much about tabletop games, i cant really contribute in a meaningful manner. i liked settlers of catan and there are video games for that. free ones even. online.
Holla Forums is familiar with warhammer 40k because of dawn of war and memes.

don't get your pantys in a twist just for a bit of whiplash OP it's just 40k is awesome and lot's of people still wish THQ would still exists to save Dawn of War 3 and maybe create a new Space marine game, but the only thing that is left to hope for is Deathwing.
But don't forget there are still things like warhammer fantasy battles or battletech and some other vidia adaptations that I can't remember or don't even know about.

Except it's completely misinterpreted by a great part of their fanbase.
Seriously, I have no idea how actual fans of Warhammer don't fly into autistic rage seeing how Space Marines are memed about.

A faction composed of tech illiterate faggots that refuse to adapt and master their own technology, that are dogmatic as fuck, stubborn and the biggest cause of death for men are memed about as paragons for humanity and the future you should strive for.
Despite the fact they are pretty much doomed and even the fucking Tau stand a better chance at surviving and outlasting them.

Come to think of it, I also described the republican party and the alt-right, so I guess I answered my own question…

Space Marines are fucking mutant abominations

As sated

Would you say that 40k is the entry level boardgame, like naruto or bleach for anime? Would explain why so many faggots like to spout memes about it everywhere.

It's more like the equivalent of /tg/'s Call of Duty. Games Workshop is a fairly large publisher (on par with Activision compared to Asmodee who a perfect parallel to EA), it's overpriced, frequent updates that require more purchases, and the game itself just isn't good.

Faggot friend of mine gave me an introductory course on how to play the game and he says that even hardcore veterans are getting fucking tired of how complex the rules are now.
You have a drop in phase that plays out on a side map with spaceships before you can drop your troops for the actual battle, and if you have some special units, the dropping down is redone and your troops repositioned.

It's so complex they are gonna pull an Age of Sigmar for 40K, kill the Emperor and streamline the rules.
It's precisely the oposite of what entry level would be.

This is a more accurate comparison.

They wont sigmar 40k

but it needs new rules since kill team is basically taking over

But all the cultures still hate eachother. Are you retarded? If there wasn't an alien threat it would just be Catholics shooting Muslims shooting Satanists.

40K games have been really rough lately. And I didn't even hate EC though I understand exactly why everyone else does. So something like Infinity getting a good game would be cool, I just don't see it happening for a while.

It's getting even more off-topic but it's worth stressing just how fucked that industry is, Asmodee bought out three more publishers already this year, they acquired companies that have made legendary games like Pandemic and Settlers of Catan last year, they've been pulling price-fixing shenanigans while trying to convince the consumer that it's in their best interests, they're in bed with Leigh Alexander, and the CEO of Fantasy Flight Games has gone on record as sympathizing with EA when they got shit for Mass Effect 3.

/tg/ is experiencing the 1999 of video games right this moment, a pinnacle of games being made with the highest budgets possible before the cancer sets in and things degrade more and more.

Tabletop is great. Some tabletop games are simply superior to their video game equivalents.
The issue is how difficult it is to find decent players who have free time for it.

When did that fucking happen?

When they hired a multi-billion dollar investment firm to grow their company and bought pretty much everything outside of Hasbro/GW.

Ho boy, looks like not even tabletops are free from the cancer.
Why though? You'd think with a hobby as niche as tabletops they'd at least have some cultural 'shielding' from the bullshit that video games suffer from right now. If a company were to alienate their fans in favor of tranny bulldykes and 'progressive' propaganda pushing won't the fans just say "fuck you" and the company would go out of business eventually because no one buys their shit anymore?

I don't know. It's the same for WotC though, Magic is in a sorry state with SJWs running rampant (though since it's a CCG it's pure distilled cancer anyway.) The quality of games took a hit in 2016, and even the otherwise optimistic Dice Tower crew was a little bothered by that and Asmodee's rampage.
It's an amazingly precise and depressing imitation of the state of the video game industry circa 1999. It's not dead yet, some of the games being made are currently among the best ever, indie games are nearly at their peak (Tragedy Looper would be an amazing example if Asmodee didn't buy ZMan games), but it's all downhill from here.

Is that Megaphone and the husband she cucked?

It can happen to the more visible ones, where some people from their fanbase might have drunk the kool aid and start complaining about too few females in x game, models who are too sexualized, boob armor, battle heels, over-exposing armor and so on, while praising a clearly joke sculpt of a fat barbarian.
But for smaller companies who have to actually work in order to keep their customers happy, the "that's sexist!" and "that sculpt is literally hurting women!" go completely ignored.

Like 40k has toned down Slaneeshi Darmonettes, made Slaneesh captured in AoS so xhe can stay hidden away from the public eye, removed his head from the new Archaon model and thay're now coming out with plastic sisters of battle.
Meanwhile Infinity keeps getting sexy new sculpts and a whole line of pin-up TAG pilots.
Malifaux isn't holding back on tits and asses.
Kingdom Death IS tits and asses.
And there's a lot more games and sculptors out there who just want to put beautiful models on the table.
Not even people trying to kickstart tabletop games make them fully pozzed, they just wouldn't sell.

I really wanted to like this game but the fact that it is nearly as clunky and hideous as the games its based on but without the excuse of being 25+ years old I just can't bring myself to stick with it. It looked so bad in motion.

Woah mamma

Why are oly "fantasy" sci fi games the only ones to get vidya made for them?
Why is it so rare for classic Sci fi to get games made for it?
You know, the good well written stuff from novels?
Star Control is one of the rare exceptions.

No one ever talks about Warmahordes, or why we'll never have a good game based off of it. A Morrowind-style game set in the Iron Kingdoms would be awesome.

But there are games based on Warmachine. I don't know if they are good though.

Good. Privateer "online stores are literally hitler" Press can't die soon enough.

It's not based on tabletop but i get some classic sci-fo vibes from Death Stranding.

why even live

I know that there's Warmachine Tactics, which is apparently a hot mess of glitches and paid DLC (Mercs and Elf-qaeda are locked behind paywalls, come the fuck on), but that's about it.

PP is in desperate need of a regime change; judging by the rumors, their staff is a total shitshow. The setting's pretty neat, though.

Honestly, I'm always interested in the cultural change between 4chan boards pre-gamergate, post-gamergate, and thier mirrors on 8ch.

/a/ on 4ch became increasingly negative and full of memery shitposting, while Holla Forums /a/ is actually a good place to discuss anime and manga. There was a 200+ thread about lewd manga that had almost no fucking "YOURE WAIFU IS SHIIIIIIIT" level of posting. I was fucking shocked. And a thread about a niche anime that flopped had next to no gloating assholes, something unheard of on 4chan's /a/.

Meanwhile Holla Forums's Holla Forums is just plain paranoid about shills and nigh-incapableof discussing specific games, instead having to be either purely negative threads or nonspecific threads about, say, a genre. Otherwise, no matter what is said, done, or linked, oop, you're a shill.

because lol Rackham is dead
That's why

People never ask for what they want, they ask for what they think can be given to them easily.

To be fair shills are a legitimate issue, and pretty much justify the shotgun approach people have. For the most part all you just need not to be faggot and open up with a completely bait-tier OP like this thread. That said you still need to have enough common sense to realize that shill, cuck and the like are just faggot equivalent in a good deal of cases.

As far as /a/ goes for discussion, strict boards are a bit too "dry" compared halfchan equivalents of old. What you gain in having less shitposts, at the same time you lose in having pretty dull and cookie cutter serious posts in general.
I guess you could consider that a good place discussion, but it really doesn't scratch the itch of going into a shitty thread that got derailed and then later on rerailed into talking about some obscure mango or some other interesting topic that probably would never be brought up as its own thread.