Excited for the new Link game, Holla Forums? Ready to Make The Switch? Incredible!!!

Excited for the new Link game, Holla Forums? Ready to Make The Switch? Incredible!!!

I got your nippies! :3c

:))))

KILL ALL THE GAYS

Damn. Nintendo has been pulling this shit for decades. Yoshi's Story looked a hell of a lot better as a beta on its devkit than it did in the retail release. But, that's the thing: if bullshots were not a viable tactic then people would be disinterested immediately and companies like Nintendo, Ubisoft, and EA probably wouldn't be around today.

You know: if Nintendo made their retail products have the same specs as their devkits and then sell it for quite a high price: they'd still make a substantial profit. It's not always prudent to aim for a higher volume of sales, people are willing to spend a lot of money for what they perceive to be high quality.

It's when you set your price for a moderate profit margin rather than a very small or very high one that your product usually tanks. When it comes to retail, Buddha was wrong: the Middle Path assures your extinction in the marketplace.

Reminder that according to the 2015 poll, a little bit more than the 70% of Holla Forums's userbase is bisexual

You're probably wrong.

Implying anyone but the attention whoring homosexuals voted

I am, but I am also skeptical.
A shitty draw distance like that isn't going to impede my enjoyment of a game.
The potential frame drops will and I need sources, preferably consumers who say that they are not present with the final release.

THE BOTTOM PICTURE IS WII U FAGGOTS

lol wow bullshot thread wow lol

switch is nintendo's dreamcast.
It will kill them in the console market.

he is, customers aren't willing to go over $500 for a new system in the modern market, even if it is higher quality.

That's on you for letting it happen then

Rich people would buy them because building a custom computer is too time consuming and complicated of a process compared to just getting a console out of the box.

So you want rich people to spend money on a prebuilt PC (that isn't a PC) made by Nintendo?
Why wouldn't they just buy a prebuilt computer like an alienware or razer, that they can also do work and other stuff on?
you really don't understand consumer behavior do you?

Nintendo is an established brand and a household name, the likes of Alienware and Razer don't elicit nostalgic imagery nor a symbiosis with the word "video games" like NINTENDO does. And I'm pretty sure Alienware and Razer don't have iconic logos nor lines of toys, board games, and cartoons like Nintendo does and Alienware's generic mascot is not better known and more popular than Mickey Mouse unlike Mario. Parents will gravitate towards giving their kids Nintendo merchandise and, for rich parents, that would certainly include a very expensive console that had specs on par with a devkit.

I could name at least ten reasons none of this would work.

It could work. It's definitely risky but it would probably have been Nintendo's best shot from going the way of Montgomery Ward. By all means: count the ways.

okay, because you spent a lot of time on a post I will too.
1. Children's parents will not spend their money on a expensive video game system that is over $500, rich parents also are smart with their money and would rather their child learn something than spend their time gaming.

2. Stagnating economy. Less people are rich essentially.

3. No appeal to any country outside US.

4. Game system requires games, $60 is a ridiculous surcharge to many parents already

5. Same ideology that killed the 3DO, too expensive and not attractive enough to casual market, aka most of your buyers

6. Parents don't give a fuck about how powerful a game system is.

7. Nintendo has no market share to take a big risk.

8. Overvaluing of Nintendo franchises. Nintendo owns cultural icons but cultural icons are not enough reason to buy a video game system.

9. No reason to buy a video game system that has limited functions when a high tech computer has far more functions.

10. High tech games would not be made by third party companies just to run on Nintendo's system when Nintendo is so restrictive on third parties. Also, Nintendo's "killer apps' are all first party games that are developed in-house, Nintendo doesn't have capital for a game on that scale.

11. Nintendo is not an company that appeals to anyone but children and those who have the mentality of children.

I had some more reasons but I forgot about them.

It would work in China

1. Rich children are petulant and whiny. They can nag their parents to get them anything for Christmas and they'll relent because they went to the Veruca Salt's Dad School of Parenting.

2. Like that stopped people from buying video games during the recession of 2008.

3. Mario has more recognition throughout the globe than Mickey Mouse. He's as ubiquitous as Okay, Coca-Cola, and Kalashnikov. What are you talking about?

4. Atari games sold like hot cakes back in the 70's and early 80's. Adjusted for inflation: they were just as expensive then as they are now. Ataris themselves were over $700 in today's money back then too.

5. 3DO wasn't Nintendo nor Sega. Times have changed just enough that what I'm proposing would work out well for a titan like Nintendo.

6. True. But it's got the brand anyway.

7. Since when has market share prevented anybody who wasn't prudent to the point of being cowardly from taking a big risk? If the gamble pays off: it pays off quite well.

8. lol

9. Too many functions can be alienating to a lot of customers because they'd find it to be complicated. My aunt didn't know she had Ms. Pac-Man on her 360 for a long time because the menus were too daunting for her.

10. You got a point there. Nintendo runs their ship like it's a Yakuza front (it could be, too) and their business model is antiquated, literally, from two centuries ago. They kept flipping their shit over rentals in the United States and would purposely make their games harder to deter rentals (of course, if you make games prohibitively hard like Battletoads: you're defeating the purpose of it all because the people who rent it and find it too hard won't want to buy it anyway).

11. Children are a renewable resource and Chad Thundercocks these days can't go a week without whipping out their dicks and pumping their semen into random whores and there's evidently no shortage of nasty, spoiled, little goblins because I can't walk down one block without seeing some valley girl pushing a stroller or carrying a little runt like it's a Gucci handbag. And people with the mentality of children are EVERYWHERE, why do you think "adult" coloring books became the big thing after Sudoku? If anything, making M-rated games like Call of Duty and Halo is not a viable tactic for cornering the market because you're not aiming for a customer base that increases geometrically like children but one that is slowly dwindling like 17-38 year-old men who often stop playing video games to focus on careers or family.

>>>Holla Forums

Yeah it looks like shit.
But came here to point out that top image is not official, and has the godrays etc. added in.