What's the best way to emulate Expand Dong 64? It's all kinds of fucked on PJ64

What's the best way to emulate Expand Dong 64? It's all kinds of fucked on PJ64.

Unless something changed since last summer, emulation for DK64 is still fucked. Heck, N64 emulation is still fucked in general.

ParaLLEl and a GTX 970

What's fucked about DK64? I remember it running very well.

Did DK64 ever get a digital release on Wii? I've heard people having a better experience emulating N64 digital releases on Dolphin than dedicated N64 emulators.

Get a real n64.

so I don't have to make a new thread and on a semi-related note, anyone have that pic of recommended Nintendo 64 games?

Yeah, it's on VC and you're probably better off playing it there. DK64 is all kinds of fucked even if you play it on the N64, though.

It's hell you smash baby.

ParaLLEl is a meme with worse compatibility than PJ64

Expand Dong 64 is even fucked up on console. Try the Wii digital release on Dolphin.

It got a Wii U release, but not a Wii release, so Dolphin won't work.

Then OP is fucked

the whole framerate/slowdown crap is the most retarded shit ever

Bump

wut

n64 games run like utter shit on the console itself too

most pal games run at a silky smooth cinematic 17 frames per second

ntsc is a little better, clocking in at 20 frames per second

Here ya go famalam.

Why does 8/v/ have this problem of understanding emulation is awful?

Please, explain yourself.

Wait for CEN64 to become usable.

Hes' looking for a good n64 emulator, something which doesn't exist except outside of specific cases on the wii.

Oh so you meant N64 emulation specifically.
Alright then.

other platforms are far from perfect

I never liked Diddy Kong Racing.

PJ64 is still a thing?

Why wouldn't it be? Anything better cropped up?

ya the original hardware

Anyone know an emulator that will run Gauntlet Legends? Or equivalent. No Dark Legacy won't do. It's about the Nostalgia.

dreamcast works

It was on Dreamcast?!

That does tend to be a good emulator. I hear it even works with the original cartridges.

yep, was playing it with a friend a few hours ago. dark legacy is still better

expand dong xD

Shit game

Actually, you can inject the ROM into a download of another game and then run THAT in dolphin.

I played it on RetroArch running the GlupeN64 core.

It ran fine aside from one issue with character textures becoming blurred from a distance to the point that it looked like Diddy had no pupils when the camera was at max distance. I also tried the Mupen64 core but that steadily became more & more glitchy until it was unplayable. Luckily, the save worked with the GlupeN64 core, but not vice-versa. PJ64 was too glitchy as well.

I play it to completion on GlupeN64 core. That's the only thing I tried that worked well enough to do it.

It's a sign to not play Donkey Dong 64.

The game is terrible.

Do you have anymore of these? I want the Sega CD one.

Thank you kindly

Don't get me wrong, Enter the Gecko is a good game, but the N64 port of it is hot garbage, with the removal of a few stages (one full stage, three more linear challenge stages and a few bonus stages) to add a shitty water level and the cutscenes. The camera is also pretty bad, but that's a problem of the game and the level design itself that got worse with the N64 port.

Hey! I didn't make it, just got it off of a site.

Afraid I don't have a pic for the Sega CD and I couldn't find one. Sorry user.

That's an awful game and you know it.

Pardon my pedantry, but Expand Dong is Donkey Kong 64. No need to add the number.

Nothing has generated more salt from my teenage body back in the day than that game. Holy shit some of those perks were hard.

isnt pj64 supposed to be the new hotness?
is N64 emulation really that much of a mess still?

WHY THE FUCK IS N64 EMULATION SUCH A MESS HOLY SHIT

Because the N64's an architectural mess of a system

PJ64 was the hot shit in 2004 when people were content with just getting SM64 and Ocarina running at playable speeds. Thanks to begging for cash, laziness, and sneaking malware in some of the previous versions (which you couldn't opt out of), everyones been trying to find an alternative despite PJ64s high compatibility.

Also this

God bless user.

Dolphin, emulate the Virtual Console. It's got slowdowns but it's not NEARLY as bad as PJ64

I'd just buy an everdrive ripoff like an ED64Plus for example. They used to be shit but the chinese manufacturer actually read the complaints for once and added a real CIC chip as well as a microUSB port next to the sd port. It takes like 2 more seconds to load up a game, the software isn't as spiffy and it doesn't resemble a real n64 cart but it's the difference between a $200 high end everdrive and a $50 clone that plays everything a everdrive v1-2 can which is 99.9 percent of all n64 games.(It cannot play the english patched version of the original animal crossing as that requires a chip that only the everdrive v3 has and it cannot play an obscure time related n64 minigame compilation as well). If you've already got an n64 you can play games with no slowdown and no fuss. Hell if you're crazy you can even RGB mod the system for $10 and add a deblur effect to the games in addition to cleaning up the image for a loom thats superior to VC games. Until CEN64 gets better in the next half decade this is the best compromise between compatibility, accuracy.

To be honest I've been doing this more and more for consoles lately. Instead of waiting for stable 360 emulation I bought a slim with a dying disk drive, dumped the drive key from the board with a spare sata cable and my PC and installed an xk3y360($70) which lets me pirate 360 games while online if I so choose. For my PS3 I just borrowed an E3 flasher that I later got to keep. Over time I started doing this to all my consoles.

To be honest it's became a hobby of mine to mod these things and at least I get more use out of them nowdays. I plan to buy another dreamcast soon and replace the bios chip with a replacement as well as use a new chinese product that came out that allows one to replace the GDRom drive with a SATA drive.(seriously the chinese nearly own the market for this shit nowdays with the GDEmu being 170 euros and the chinese one being $20).

Everdrive 64 + original hardware