FFXIV: Heavensward General Discussion

Final Fantasy XIV general discussion

Warrior stronk editon

Try the game for free for 14 days! (lvl [email protected]/* */) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch 3.4
Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands(used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database (It's good now)- xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
ACT (but don't tell anyone you're using it) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Guildwork - guildwork.com/client
Ariyala (gear build simulator/hunt-&lighttracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's guides(should cover a lot) - youtube.com/watch?v=nFn3SxUnR_c&index=1&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET TO HEAVENSWARD AREAS
2. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
3. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
4. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
5. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 60, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
6. Level crafting & gathering - free dosh

Primal Data Center
Exodus / New Wheels Order

For New Wheels order contact Aloise Astravir, Umbra Fendere, Veritas Vivet, Nano Monamo, or Kh'jit Meniwaers in game. If they aren't online, use the player search to look for anyone online in the FC. View their company profile then send an application. Remember to mention Holla Forums in tells and applications.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/314029-Special-change-to-Lalafel-cheap-potion
famitsu.com/news/201701/05124262.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for [email protected]/* */ shitposting because someone will get REALLY upset at these images

hahaha that explains the constant faggotry going on that shitheap. A thousand tumors on the son of a bitch lalafell that tricked me into joining such pozwagon claiming it was "much better than the memespewer fc on the thread"

im in that FC, its not bad, just tell the timas to shut the fuck up when he starts talking

ultros is super homosexual though, if your already on ultros you should join ZR unless you want to raid and your timezone doesn't fit in with them

oh and get on the FC mumble helps too

This holiday season I'm thankful for slutglam catfags that die to the event fate. Endless chuckles right there

SAVE ME

why arent you just waiting for them to nerf the umbrite stage?

Because I can easily finish it before then.

fair enough
also dont bother farming more then 99 singing clusters, if your not currently building another anima weapon, it stacks at 99 for some fucking reason

It's shit and they suck, I went to do A12S with them once and goddamn the fuckups were endless. Also they won't ever shut the fuck up about faggot normalfag twitch streams

I bet it's just shitty lalafell posters. The true scum of FFXIV

sounds like you joined a trap group

yeah for an avatar spamming faggot such as yourself it's the perfect containment pen

this is the same FC which just admited to flooding themselves with normalfags because they were so desperate like two threads ago

from the one who brought that cesspit of an FC into the world, don't join it

no this is a different FC

who are YOU?

Did bots figure out a cheese mechanic to farm them or something?

bot cheese is normally teleport hack somewhere you cant get hit and them have 7 blms nuke it to death

so maybe

So I just finished the 3.45MSQ. Did squeenix seriously just bamboozle us with the ending of 1.x cinematic and the ARR opening cinematic? Like, is "The First" actually the 1.0 world?

Have a picture of thanalan at dawn

am I doing this right?

no, 13 previous worlds for 13 previous games.

Warbros will always be #1

I got a server transfer to fucking BALMUNG and joined an autist FC there and so far it has proven to be a much better experience than anything at ZR or Ultros

as near as the lore-geeks of the lore forum can tell, all signs point to our world, Hydaelyn, as being "the Source" world from which the 13 shards broke away from. last report is that 7 of the 13 had been "rejoined" back with the Source world via cataclysms that coincide with the Astral/Umbral era changes. i.e. each cataclysmic event that starts a new Umbral era is a new shard being rejoined with the Source.

as notes, there are echoes of each previous numbered FF game being a "shard" of the source but nothing concrete yet. we do know that unukhalhai along with the WoD are from worlds that have been "rejoined," with minfilia of course going back to help out the WoD as you just saw.

we also know that the world the WoD came from was already strongly balanced towards light, and when the WoD did their thang, they tipped the scales too far in the direction of Light and their world became a sterile "void of Light" where no life could exist at all and the whole point of miniflia going back to the world is to basically act as an avatar of Hydaelyn and help to re-absorb the Light energy back into the Source, hopefully sparing the Shard world that the WoD come from

meanwhile, unukhalhai's world is completely dead and gone, which is at least part of his motivation for coming here and helping us slay gods and what not.

reminder you will never go fast again
reminder DE knew what was going to happen to the game and did the opposite to spite warbros
reminder that Wias ban was political move so CresentShitter could become the posterchild Clan for the game
reminder that Australian shitposters invented coptering and used it to literally fly, DE took the movement style, dumbed it down for retards and rebranded it to what the games movement is now
reminder that AceViper is still extremely autistic

reminder that we got the last laugh anyway because they sold out to PWE and they fucked up any creative control they assumed they still had (DESteve is on antidepressants, grineeer is an alcoholic, Rebecca is a glorified twitch slut)

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to collect them other than another lore grind. There's too much stuff in the game tied to lore atm.

I'm waiting to see what the anima final forms look like before starting one up. I already most of the mats already collected, including most of the umbrite. However, I'm also gearing alt jobs, so I don't have nearly enough lore for all of that.

Is gaf really a neogaf group as well?

It really is at times. There's a ton of people abandoning the server still. I really wish SE would combine some of the smallest servers into the medium sized servers already. There's no need for that many servers while many of them are ghost towns.

Just do what they did in ff11 and make the housing instanced. Also, give us a glamour log or expand the armory you turbokikes.

That's where mmos go to die. Champions Online, while okay with a lot of potential, became a cash shop whore after that sale.

Why the fuck do so many guilds have 24/7 voice chats nowadays? It's annoying as shit. I don't wanna stay logged into some third party software just to listen to some fat fucks, and attention whores to stay up to date with the latest guild news.

When's the next patch? Do we have any dates or hints? Going to resub when it hits since I ran out of content and fuck Anima grinding.

Normalfaggots straight from reddit and worse spreading their poz all over the place. These cunts not only have discords and mumbles up all day but also twitch circlejerks and play lalajew "ironically"

3.5 is slated to come out in mid-to-late January. Stormblood will be pre-purchaseable shortly after that, with a tentative 4.0 release date of late June.

JAN 17th for 3.5

Thanks, appreciated. I looked around but couldn't find any info, assumed it was probably told in some of the fanfests.

3.5 is 3rd or 4th week of January with 3.55 in March and 4.0 in summer.

Spay the cats, master race now

February 18th-19th is EU fanfest. Are you prepared for what may come? We'll get confirmation of the second and possibly last job. There is going to be a massive amount of ass pain regardless of what the job ends up being. You'll either get dps sams, blus or dncs losing their shit if either blu or sam is chose and if only 2 jobs are planned, which means no healer.

because you cant do any real content in this game and most mmorpgs nowdays without some kind of voice chat because of the encounter complexity

not all Australians are shitposters, but most shitposters are Australian

Reminder that after accusing us of cheating, without proofs or justification, they set our score back but some absolute madmen played until it was back on top, where it belong.
Reminder that we made a lot of tryhard clans absolutely buttmad, on multiple occasions.
Reminder that we forced the devs to publicly apologise and give every. single. player. plat.

I don't give two shits about using it to raid, I just find it annoying how it's almost a necessity to be in these shitty third party apps 24/7 now.
I wanna get comfy, listen to some show, movie, podcast, or music while I play an MMO. Nope gotta be in Mumble listening to fat people talk too close to their mics because otherwise I'll be left behind in guild news, because apparently typing is too much nowadays.

depends on the people you are with and what kind of content you want to do, just dont expect to clear ex trials or savage without it

>we are Eoriza Prime
Neat.

Meanwhile, ATT can't network as usual. It sucks that they have a monopoly here since it's either them or no internet.

Truly the Allagen are a horrible race since they gave Eoriza these abominations.

Hey uhh. You and the other user are in the wrong thread. This ain't warframe general.

The allagans were only good for one thing, fashion.
Also tfw I finally started getting caught up with alexander, and one of the mechanics of A7 is literally just:
GET THAT FUCKING CAT AWAY FROM HIM

the allags are literally just bond villain mad scientists with a dash of high class roman hedonism
despite their literal beyond space age technology their security systems, logistics and society structure are notoriously incompetent, this shit is nearly space pirates TUBES insanity

You would think the emperor of the allagan empire would be a much more threatening fight, but apparently not.

at least their onion knight armor looks good

Thank fuck I cleared A10S before the next patch. Don't have much hope for 11/12, but I'm happy with my shitty progress.

Nobody told me kitten minions would interact with the ones from other players

also the wolf pup minions. and they'll play fight when a kitten meets a pup.

calca and brina minions will also interact if you come close to someone else with a calca or brina minion, with up to 6 going into dancing formation iirc.

Did a gypsy glamour. Thoughts?

well, you picked a good area to take a picture of a shiftless refugee.

>[email protected]/* */
Where are the qt [email protected]/* */ @?

Guys, should I go for a paladin? Was planning to go DRK originally.

In the oven with the rest of the faggots, why don't you join them?

i wouldn't start as GLD, cause GLD is kinda boring. MRD is more fun initially, and you need to level GLD to 15 to unlock WAR at 30 anyway. then you can take WAR to 50 to open up Heavensward and get GLD to 22 for Provoke, then start maining DRK.

get a turban, use a different bow

no

Eh, I'm already at lvl 32 GLD. It's really a problem leveling it, unlike fucking mining which is an absolute pain in the dick.

I'm new to the game, I heard that paladins are bad for raiding because they have no group pull abilities or something like that, but I thought they might be viable in other regards.

PLD's do have group pull abilities, the problem is that WAR and DRK can do anything and everything a PLD can do, except dish out more damage while doing it.

PLD gets a lot of extra mitigation, but the lines are getting blurry as stats become more normalized across tanks, and the endgame content doesn't require the insane amounts of mitigation PLD's have.

I main PLD, I love the class, but I am considering going WAR while I wait for Stormblood to come out, just to try it. That being said, you won't have any issues clearing content as PLD, nor is there a difference outside of hardcore raiding.

paladins are mediocre and will stay mediocre until stormblood, the big issue is the tanking meta has shifted towards tanks having high dps(obviously not has high as proper dps), paladins don't compete with warriors or dark knights in that department
its also going to be extremely frustrating to level through the game as paladin now since the str/vit adjustment, you will basically do no damage to everything and then a warrior or dark knight comes along, rips aggro off you (since you also have the lowest aggro generation too) and kills everything 5 times faster

if you can get a group of competent friends to help dungeon grind you then do it, otherwise play warrior or dark knight

Okay, thanks.

PLD is fine for clearing content. PLD isn't great for pushing bleeding edge stuff unless you want that emergency on-demand mitigation, something that's rarely needed now (compared to 2.0, where PLD was almost always the preferred tank over WAR).

if you're at 32, then consider taking it to 50 for DRK, or even 54 so you can try it out with a combo other than Rage of Halone. MRD only needs to get to 26 for Mercy Stroke and you're done with all the cross class skills you could ever want as a DRK (provoke/convalescence from GLD, bloodbath/mercy stroke/foresight from MRD, maybe subbing out foresight for awareness from GLD as needed).

Thanks guys, when I asked this question on cuckchan yesterday they told me to go fuck myself.

go fuck yourself

Unlike /xivg/, these threads actually talk about the game and isn't full of attention whores.

oh i have been slacking
my apologies

Can Au Ra be pretty like catgirls?

Are there any turbans in the game?

No. they can only be Mary Sues, Sanics, or Uchihas.

Get bunny ears and anyone can become a Viera

Puff of Darkness holds onto you if you are in a windy area, and I'm pretty sure I've seen the fat cat do a cute thing too

It doesnt have to be windy just /beckon it

Yes.

I see the results are inconclusive.

poor choice of lip colour

Why does every fucking shitter lately have a padjali weapon? I swear seeing the shiny crap is the most accurate red flag for incompetence

its very easy to get

Spamming floors 51-60 is better xp for DPS jobs than any other leveling method. Also people gunning for floor 200 get a lot of weapon levels that they can trade in.

REMOVE POTATO

Easy to get and very strong for the content required.

Not only are you a carrot top, but it looks like you've been sucking carrot dick.

Oh shit it just hit me
BLUE MAGE CONFIRMED

what if its just a red herring and the actual reveal is something completely different? Time mage soon

Time mage would be pretty cool to have in the game. It'd be an excellent support class

but seriously, time mage will never happen because it's actually AST

THATS NOT DPS HEARU OR TANK SO NEVER EVER FIRTHY GAIJIN BAKA

>he comes back up and falls off the Platform again

Guys, I have a question about crafting and gathering. Is it worth it for a tank?

I have armorcrafting, mining and goldsmithing at lvl. 30 and I'm at a point where I'm not willing to invest more time in it. You get all the armor from quests basically. Leveling mining is a huge fucking timesink. Goldsmithing seems remotely useful, for example, the accessories are giving me a better boost to vitality compared to the boost I get from crafted armor.

I read somewhere that cooking and alchemy are useful in raids, is that true? Generally, I'm looking for professions that will help during raids and I don't think that armocrafting especially will help.

not really, all crafting is more of a "I want glamours"
Cooking has some good food buffs, but you won't need them unless you're running really early clears of hard content

Eh, I figured. I mean, the time needed to level professions to keep them up with the main class is just too much. For example, I need 5 mining levequests for a single level and obtaining that 25% bonus is almost impossible and it depends on rng. And let's not even mention the fucking shards. It's just a huge hassle. Currently, the best money is in silver ingots but it still demands time to mine silver and craft ingots.

It's for erp dude.

I've been tempted to turn my cat into an Au Ra, but I'd actually have to spend money to do so. My cat was actually my second character and I don't remember ever getting the free fantasia on her. I did get it on the first, but I stopped playing that one altogether to play with a friend and ended up investing far more time into the cat.
This is probably just an excuse to post my cat.

Yeah just change, you clearly don't understand the essence of cat

But they look terrible!

Why you lied to me Holla Forums? I thought they can't banned me for wrongthink I said sieg heil in novice network when a german player spam the chat

Reminds me when I was banned from wow for telling a dead baby joke in ghostshire.

I did read it, last time I check, sieg heil isn't a swear word or a racist remark

Gravity and Meteor is already in game. Time Mage absolutely never ever.

How do they even find out about this shit? I haven't seen any report button besides the RMT one

they're not even trying to hide it!

System > Support Desk > Contact Us > Report Harrassment

The fuck is this? I got 1 warning a long time ago and that's mean the report are valid?

You are a little kike trying to cheat the rules and getting bit in the ass for it

Are you retarded? How do you create a rule to not offend peoples? What if peoples are offended by Donald Trump? Should I get banned for saying that?

This game is taking forever to download. And every so often I get a patch error that completely halts the downloading, so I have to restart the launcher in order to start downloading again.

I just wanted to play an MMO. Is god trying to tell me something?

It's retarded, but most if not all forums or games with a social aspect to them will have rules forbidding "offensive" speech or "trolling". Most users will ignore that shit and do whatever they like, but occasionally someone will report you regardless of circumstances if you happen to offend them.

Getting banned just for saying sieg heil is fucking stupid, though.

I kept getting that problem too when I reinstalled the game. Thankfully it seems like it doesn't lose any progress when it happens, but you're going to be downloading for a long time.

that's what you get for being a meme loving cuck

What a clever thing to say in a network of try hards and new players, I'm sure it was worth it you fucking faggot.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Yeah because saying sieg heil gonna trigger the kikes about muh holocaust right, we don't want that.

Fucking retard.

The difference is that sieg heil literally just means "hail victory" in German. It's like arresting someone for saying "gg" because someone else also happened to say "gg" while doing something "offensive".

It's fucking "Hitler breathed air so you are literally Hitler" tier bullshit.

Holy shit BLM is so boring to play. Does this class ever become something more fun than spamming fire until out of MP, then spammin ice until you get it back?

Holy shit user, kill yourself. Maybe SE should remove victory emote because apparently "sieg" is an offensive word.

If you kill your enemies you lose. So I guess if you win then you actually lose, at least according to the broken leftist's mind.

Didn't you know user, gg already an offensive word.

WHM buffs when? It's plain bullshit that a furfag with a book can heal as well as the quintessential healer class with a tenth of the effort

How does anyone play this boring game? Everytime I try to play I end up bored to tears.

It's bottom of the barrel bantz at best you fucking nigger.

fuuuuck potd so much

please tell me this is fake news

Nope. Blizzard really is that cucked.

It's real, though from what I've heard it hasn't stopped players from typing "gg ez" in chat. They'll usually either just spam chat with the "funny" filtered messages or just type some variant of it, like ez gg or good game easy since the filter only covers that one specific variation of the phrase.

gaudy hair highlights and heterochromia are tell tale signs of a cat player who wants to be a special snowflake but has shit taste or a lack of creativity

Probably in storm blood, I expect them to do something with WHM/MNK/PLD/SMN/BLM.

They've pretty much been phased out by ALL PHYSICAL DAMAGE BALANCE ALL DAY EVERYDAY MORE DAMAGE meta.

A new job that does blunt damage and can buff magical damage would be cool.

Cat players are the telltale signs of a player who wants to be a special snowflake but has shit taste or a lack of creativity.

At least they're not lalafels though.

It's weird that I can solo Turn 2 but not Turn 1.

Honestly, and I mean really honest here, I rolled a cat because I figured Elezen would be the special snowflake erper shit and make up a good chunk of the population. I didn't think cats would be so damn popular. Clearly I was wrong. Oh so wrong.

when do you start getting decent gear? I'm about to hit 60 and still wearing ironworks trash because I just don't know where to get better

Is there a place where you can see the idle animations and emotes of every race? I made an Au Ra at first but ended up making a cat because those overacted hammy k-popstar gestures of au ra got on my nerves

There's some ARR stuff in embed, but I don't think anyone has made a video on everything else yet. There ARE a fuckton of animations so I get someone not wanting to do it.

Quests and dungeons. Vendors if you're desperate. Right side is a bit harder but again, vendors.

There's vendors with stuff better than augmented ironworks?

If you've got Heavensward, yes, the NPC's in Idyllshire will start selling you super good gear for special currency, some duties will drop higher level items, and some shops might have better equips as well.

Forgot to mention you need to hit 60 first to start earning said currency. Ironworks should be able to carry you to level 60 though.

Elezen would probably be a lot more common if their heads didn't look too small for their bodies. Really, the only races/sexes I'd say look aesthetically pleasing by default are male Roes and Highlanders, Midlanders and Cats in general, and female Au Ra which are really just Asian Midlanders with scales and horns.

If you've been doing the daily clan hunts available in Ishgard while leveling, you should have a decent amount of Centurio Seals which you can use to buy ilvl 200 gear from an NPC in Ishgard's inn. There's also the Palace of the Deep, where you can trade +30/+30 stats from your aetherpool gear for a 235 weapon, then upgrade it to 255 by trading +60/+60 stats.
That will probably take a few hours of nonstop grinding, though.

Are those the shiny padjala weapons everyone seems to have? How good are these compared to the top tier gear?

Augmented ironworks is item level 130. Item level 133 items are sold starting at Moghome. Items that actually have better stats (Serpentskin Set at ilvl 150) can be purchased at Helix in Azys La

The NQ gear sold from the moogles is way worse than 130 ironworks. Upgraded ironworks is the best you can get until 133 crafted HQ gear at 54, or 135 dungeon gear dropped in the Aery with a lvl 55 requirement.

So, honestly, how do I look?

Augmented Ironworks lasts until you get HQ 58 gear so long as it's white anyway i'd know, i autistically grinded out Augmented Ironworks before i got into Heavensward content and the 58+ stuff is the only things i ended up replacing it with.

i did it so when i got my other classes that use it up they would have an easy 50 set all the way to 60

The i255 weapons are very good for getting geared up quickly. The tome weapon takes 7 weeks minimum and the savage weapon isn't much better in terms of time.

You can get the i235 version in an hour or two if you're a bit lucky.

Replace Lightning hair for a shorter or more sharp looking one and you'll be good to go.

I'm a Lightfag and even I don't use that hair, it looks really bad with the reduced detail and no facial features to properly compliment the asymmetry

Nigga I was full i130 BiS on every single 2.0 job when 3.0 launched. At lvl 54 is when crafted HQ gear is better than i130 2.0 gear. Granted very very minorly better, and could be argued what is better based on secondary stats.

But 54 is when gear gets better. Although like you said you can go all the way to 60 fairly comfortably in i130 gear.

Anyone have ffxiv related stuff I can fap too? Like eRP logs?

I've been looking for a style to replace it with for as long as I can remember, but nothing sits right. I was considering the Y'stola cut.

i would say use the hairstyle im using but apparently it is exclusive to femroes according to a friend of mine who is super jelly she can't use my hairstyle on her knife-ear

This is racist discrimination if I ever seen it.

What Grand Company do yall prefer? Honestly, I can't believe how phoned in the other introduction speeches are compared to the Maelstrom one.

Stormbros is the best GC. Flames have a shitty color scheme and adders id just >adders

One llm punch should work on at least one mechanic in a fucking raid. They made Monk a progression helping class, might as well further help it.

user, you really need to work on your fashion skills.

I hate that hair. Gives you the hairline of an old man

SWEDEN YES!

For real, how long til they just move their HQ? I mean can you imagine working for them? Instead of sexual harassment meetings, since they are all beta cucks, they must have trigger warning meetings.

Yes that is a Fem Roe only haircut, and if you need to post it in every thread you could at least take a new screenshot

meh.

Jesus Christ that roof and wallpaper

Thank goodness

I just started about a week ago, and I've been having more fun than most other recent MMOs. Tanking is actually fun here.

What's with the 300ms delay every time I perform an action? That's the only thing bothering me. Is there a way to kill that, or is that just normal?

ping 199.91.189.44

In later levels all you have to do is cast Blizz 3 to regen your mana. Recast your thunder dot after that and resume your fire chain.

I have a higher ping and no such delay. Which class?

The Hand That Gives The Rose > Under The Weight > Thunder Rolls >>>>>>>>>>>>> every other song

Guys, is grinding fates for GC seals to get GC gear worth it or can I get by with gear I get via the main quests and gladiator's guild? I've already concluded that crafting is useless in this regard.

don't bother grinding ANY low level gear period

just level and equip what you can find

I made the mistake of spending 5 hours grinding bullshit to upgrade a relic weapon, only for a 10-minutes-long story quest to give me a better one than the upgraded shit right after

Eh, who knows how many hours I've wasted getting 3 professions to level 30 only to realize you get the same gear from quests anyway.

Yeah I should probably stop. It's just that I thought that crafting would be more useful. It would be okay if it weren't for the fucking shards. I spend 30 minutes mining 300 and use them all up 15 minutes later. So fuck that.

If you think it looks particularly good you can use glamours to make actual good gear look like it I suppose.

Shards are cheap. Look up leve items for crafts you have leveled and craft HQ versions and sell them if you're hurting for gil.

Crafting HQ versions is a particular kind of hell. Craft several quality steel ingots with quality iron ore so you can craft a quality steel plates and then you don't get the HQ item despite the 75% chance you'll get it. Rinse and repeat. I'm yet to do that lvl. 30 armorer guild quest to craft an HQ steel chainmail, I've tried 15 times already.

The only reliable way of making money right now is selling silver ingots.

Are you in a free company? Most crafters are willing to help you level if just provide mats and maybe a tip.

Just too much hassle for being able to have a few points more in vitality. And the thing is, I can handle leveling armorcrafting and goldsmithing, but mining is beyond tedious. I actually spend all my leve allowances on mining leves and 6 allowances per 24 hours don't even give me a single level. And yesterday I saw that top craftable level 30 armor set can be bought for 3000 gil on the market. It's just not worth it.

on the low end you're right, crafting is kind of a bum deal.

but at the upper end, crafters can make millions easily, and crafted gear has the advantage over pve-token gear in that it can be overmelded, which is something that min/maxers will pay stupid amounts of money to ensure they can get the best stats possible.

keep at it user. in the lower levels youre better off making raw materials used by other crafts, and worrying more about finished stuff at the end-game.

I have a paladin related question.

I'm now level 35 gladiator and I intend to take it to level 54. It seems that I have to get conjurer to lvl. 15 for paladin. But, do I still need to level MRD to lvl. 26 or is that only needed for DRK?

Mercy Stroke is free damage, there's no reason not to do it. And fucking unlock PLD holy shit you're screwing yourself over.

Okay, so do I even need to level the gladiator further or should I just go conjurer 15, marauder 26 and then paladin? Sorry, some things are still unclear to me.

nigger do you like being handicapped? go get CNJ to 15 so you can get your job you stupid shit, holy fuck you dont even have sword oath faggot.

you better atleast have done all your GLD class quests.

Getting jobs is TOP priority once you ding 30. Jobs have increased stats, get extra abilities, which in the case of tanks is SUPER DUPER FUCKING IMPORTANT because jobs have tank stances that reduce incoming damage or increase max hp while also sending your hate generation through the roof. Jump on that ASAP, you can worry about Mercy Stroke later.

you need gld 30 and cnj 15. every non-HW job needs a primary class at 30 and a secondary class at 15. i.e. war needs 30 mrd + 15 gld. whm needs 30 cnj + 15 thm. and so on.

the only reason we say to do that is because you get a good skill at 26 that gives you free damage on a target under 25% life

I see, so basically paladin gains levels as my gladiator gains levels. And that mercy kill skill is worth getting I suppose, since people say paladins have problems with maintaining aggro.

God I've gotten in so many arguments with complete fucking retards who refuse to get their job. Their arguments are usually something retarded like "if I'm pulling my weight, what does it matter," not knowing that they are in fact not pulling any weight. The absolute worst one though was a fucking idiot who stayed GLD because he didn't like the name paladin.

GET YOUR FUCKING JOB YOU
FUCKING NIGGERFAGGOTS

They do around 1-39 but at level 40 you will get Shield oath which pretty much eliminates that problem, assuming of course you do your PLD job quests.

How the fuck can anyone main this?

Maximizing DPS while dealing with mechanics is quite tough. Since F4 doesn't refresh stacks, suddenly getting caught out at the wrong moment can ruin your F4 spam, and similarly with having to move around a lot when Enochian is running low. It's the easiest job to smack a dummy with, but one of the harder ones to perform well with in an actual raid.

Hm I suppose that makes sense, and to be fair I haven't taken this for a spin at any real serious shit like savage runs yet

It still sounds fucking boring to me.

I mean, every job at 60 is "Do what you were doing at 50 but with a few extra things". Probably BRD and BLM changed the most, with other dps jobs changing basically nothing. They're all fucking boring when over-simplified.

Why is everyone playing potd such an absolute cunt? No one ever commends, talks or even fucking replies to a hi and just rushes through shit like if the timer was 10 minutes instead of an hour

They want their precious EXP as quickly as possible user. That's why.

Roulettefags want their exp and tomes quick too and that doesn't stop it from being a very friendly experience nearly every time unless you roll Aurum Vale and get THAT fucking sprout tank

What is it about Aurum vale that makes the shitters come out.
Impulse drive dragoons, healers that only heal, a ninjas who didn't turn on kiss

that's perfectly justified on AV since you need to spam shit so bad to keep up with heals there's hardly any time to do any noticeable damage beyond popping aeros here and there

I disagree, there's plenty of time on boss 2 and a majority of the pulls unless your tank gets a big dick and decides to overpull

So every AV tank ever basically

I disagree. AV is not hard. No matter how bad everyone else is you should still be able to dps.

You are clearly blessed with a static or incredible roulette luck

No I just understand that there is only a certain amount of effort you can put in to dedicated healing before you get diminishing returns. the dungeon is not capable of damaging people enough to warrant stopping dps while also being worth saving to do so.

at some point you have to look deep inside yourself and realize that some people are going to die.

How's Bard doing currently?
Thinking of coming back and wanna run as bard for a while.

I mean it's still a bowmage, but…off the top of my head, they reduced the cast time for songs, and made Battle Voice 3 minutes CD instead of 5 minutes to match Raging Strikes for casters. They gave Machinist a buff to hypercharge at some point so it's slightly more in demand than Bard is, but a truly optimal comp runs both.

So did anyone happen to see the new years stream with Yoshi-P and the heads of PSO2 and DQX. Someone screwed up which server yoshi was supposed to be on and suffice to say he got mad.

At least they're showing off the best race :^)

I just had a run with a nigger tank that outright refused to eat the fucking fruit and forced me to pop every cd to keep his dumb ass alive then he died anyways because the debuff maxed + pools + boss dmg is just too much
There is no winning with these people

Just do potd when in the AV range.

hell no potd is even worse

At least you pretty much can't fail 1-10 and 51-60.

Nothing worse than idiots in AV.

Yeah but potd is excruciatingly boring and I feel bad knowing I'm promoting horseshit like making retards level up faster and help them get a bullshit i255 weapon while skipping the 2 months of grind it takes otherwise

Let me explain instead of pointlessly shitting on you for not knowing everything about the game you just started.

In FFXIV, Classes turn into Jobs at level 30, in order to get your job, you need the Main Class at level 30, and the Sub Class at level 15. In Paladin's case, the main class is Gladiator, and the Subclass is Conjurer, so you need GLD at 30 and CNJ at 15.
When you get your job, you lose out on 3 slots of Crossclass skills, however, you gain extremely useful skills in exchange. The reason people shat on you so hard is because PLD gets Shield and Sword Oath, which gives you a passive damage reduction & aggro generation or extra damage respectively.

Out of the crossclass skills you still want as a PLD, there's Mercy Stroke, which unlocks at level 26 MRD. It is by no means necessary, it's just nice to have. Stoneskin I from CNJ level 34 is also nice to have, but not necessary.

For Dark Knight, there are no sub-classes, since it's a standalone class released in Heavensward. Mercy Stroke at 26 MRD is still an optional crossclass skill which will most likely be very useful to you, but there is no hurry.

So I haven't played this game since before the expansion and am thinking of getting back into it. Can I get a summary of any new shit that's been added?
I would also ask if the game is still good and if the expansion is worth the money but I'm pretty sure everyone here would say yes so there's no point

Boring beats enraging.

Nah, at least getting mad keeps me engaged. Boredom just makes me alt f4 and do something else

The expansion started out really bad, with almost no content except for a decent storyline. Then the patches added in a whole bunch of cool shit, including bosses that can STOP TIME HOLY SHIT YES

You've got a path up to ilvl 275, around 20 new duties, 15 new trials, including I believe 6 primals, more Crystal Tower tier stuff, and 12 floors of Coil style endgame raidboss.

The new expansion is coming in June, though, so I don't know if getting HW fullprice would be your greatest deal. If you can find it discounted, I think it's worth a shot. Aside from a few kinks here and there, I think with the last raidboss content Heavensward became as good as 2.x's peak if not better.

Healed AV once. Never again. Tank didn't bother touching any fruit on the first or final boss. Entire room pulls, and on the last boss I was the only one killing the fucking seedlings. Fuck that place. I went from 30-55 doing dungeon spams as an AST, I've seen some shit but AV is cursed.

Easier to watch Mongolian stop motion on another screen while getting another orange 60 on your stats.

And what about any new classes or major changes?

No major changes I can think of, except for a bunch of quality of life updates and rebalances.

New classes are Machinist, which shoots guns; Dark Knight, a blood tank; and Astrologist, a (pretty god tier) healer. Other than that, all the older Jobs got a few more skills to get a new rotation or maximize their output.

There's also Khloe Aliapoh, which is a loli catgirl with the most unrewarding grind quest in the game, however she's cute so a bunch of people still do her book missions consisting of recycled old content.

They also added Palace of the Dead, a "randomized" dungeon crawler which unlocks at Level 17 in Gridania, and is a really easy way to grind out other jobs as floors 1-10 give you 1/3rd of a level in 15 minutes or so, or 3/4th of a level in 30 if you do 1-20.

I'm probably skipping a bunch of stuff still, but I've been unsubbed for the past month since the content drought hit and can't remember all that well. Resubbing for the patch coming on the 17th, though.

Just read about astrologist, seems neat. Would it pair well with dark knight for leveling?

you have to get to heavensward first, which means clearing the ARR storyline.

Thanks brah. The reason I haven't start leveling conjurer to get paladin is that I assumed that paladin gets unlocked at the same level as DRK, because I initially intended to go for DRK. So I actually discovered by chance that paladin is unlocked when I came to the gladiators guild looking for a lvl.35 guild quest.

Lol now that you've mentioned stoneskin, my inner autist is firing up but I don't know if I'm up for doing that + marauder + 2 crafting classes and mining I'm already doing. On the other hand, one user told me to go balls deep since I've got time until next expansion.

ARR storyline and SEVENTY FUCKING YEARS OF FILLER QUESTS*

I played before and got both black and white mage to max. I plan on resubbing with a friend who got stupid rich by selling extreme titan runs back when that mattered.

Stoneskin on PLD is really mediocre. You have all the mitigation you could need without it. Plus when you're casting a spell I believe you lose your opportunity to block or parry any incoming attacks, AND any incoming damage will interrupt your cast. Protect on PLD is pretty good though because you can get that up on raised people without making the healers lose a GCD just for it.

Anyone on EU wants to do recruit a friend? Not sure how it works though but I didn't enter my game code yet.

I personally use it as a downtime buff to protect the healers. Like when the boss jumps away or has a long cast, I just top up and protect party members around me prioritizing healers.

Leveling conjurer to that level seems like a tremendous pain in the butt though. Maybe some day but I don't plan it in the near future.

Why is tanking so relaxing after a while?

After you get gud it hits you are the core role of pretty much every party and it's your skill what makes or breaks most runs

I'm dying

What is your set up? i have this and a second page for buffs, debuffs, ressing and stances i dont hit constantly in a fight and play fine, very similar layout for the other 2, have never ever had an issue healing on Bloodborne Machine 7200, who actually thinks its 'hard'?

This reminds me, how do you change the hotbars to play with a controller on pc? I can't use anything on the regular kb+m bars and I don't get the ones like in the pic when moving with a controller

Switch to gamepad mode you dumb fuck

I did you fucking drooling cunt, how the fuck do you think I'm MOVING with the controller?

You can move with a controller without being in gamepad mode you fucking dumbass. You clearly aren't in gamepad mode because the second you click on the option in character configuration, you get the gamepad hot bars to appear.

I clicked it and they didn't appear so you are clearly fucking stupid and have no idea what are you talking about

It's okay user, you can tell us you were wrong. We're on a anonymous imageboard. No reason to be embarrassed about being proven wrong~

Another potato kike I bet

Holy shit you really are retarded, aren't you? Also I noticed you're now moving the conversation about being proven wrong about the controller. your welcome by the way user, enjoy playing with your controller ;^)

Please keep going user. Pic related is my character, since you want me to avatarfag so bad :^)

Holy shit thats disgusting

Hey, can I get an invite to either of the FC's? Name is Gurendall Belio, thanks in advance

I'm on Cerebrus. Can't find a decent FC.
Is sad.

Gotta be online for someone to invite you, guess I missed you.

just logged off rip, i'll hop back on real quick

im back on, gonna be questing for a bit, add me whenever

I got pulled away by IRL shit, just hopped back on and you're offline again. RIP.

just found out I made a character on the wrong server, im fucking retarded, luckily I didnt get far, gonna make a new character real quick

Might as well get into character creation, lore wise, which race is most based? Only race I refuse to play are the knife ears.

Anything that isn't Lalafell

c@. :^)

I don't want to make a waifu though :^(

Make a Highlander. They have Hulk Hogan facial hair.

Then pick galka Roedygon or whatever they are called now and rape and pillage the high seas with admiral motorboat.

Your humans. Manlet flavour. You'll find them everywhere. A race of inventors and intellectuals because they get shit done and teach kids to read and all that good shit

Your humans. Alpha male edition. Manliest race. Lore book literally says they eat a lot of proteins, and that well done steaks are taboo.

Elves who cares.

Elves 2: Edgemaster edition

Ultimate manlet race of potatoes. Literal jews created by absolute madmen who wielded the power of demons. Shit race.

Brown potatoes

Cat girls! Literally only landwhales play male cats. So no one cares about them. They do have a patriarchy going on, which is fantastic. You know how lions operate? Like that. It's actually pretty cool.

Cats girls, but the girls lead this version, which sucks. Family is king, so you don't get a literal harem if you're a male cat. Which definitely sucks. Fuck this tribe.

A race of manly looking people. They like fish and booze. Pretty cool would drink with.

Red muscle folk who walk on fire for shits and giggles. Frugal race who don't believe in wasting shit. Pretty admirable.

K-pop girls and edgelords. They like master servant relationships. It's been thought by fans that the males would have small dicks in order to not rip the female apart. Pretty meh race.

Edgelords and k-pop girls, but even more edgelordy. A race of nomads who are frugal they make booze from milk, which is weird.

>not the superior [email protected]/* */ due to the snaggletooth they have that the keeper of the sun [email protected]/* */ don't have

Alright thanks everyone, made a Highlander Hyur that actually looks surprisingly like meexcept I have eyebrows that arent paint

forgot to add name, Gurend MacLeod, see you queers in game

I'll send an invite after this set of palace floors.

Did you fags stop being fags yet?

Hyur pride world wide, you even got 88 dubs.

Shouldn't you be progressing your relic weapon beyond Atma?

Different guy, haven't even hit 50 yet.

Lalafell is the superior race. They have the most money and are the strongest casters.

They are also the purest race and literally home grown

I've seen really shitty potd runs. Back to back mimics and several rooms fool of them on non healer teams. That shit was bullshit and got fucking annoying very fast.

I remember popping into a non-healer potd run and like 3-4 mimics popped in the first few minutes. Half the team had pox very early, so everyone just bailed.

disgust

Don't make fun of her!

It's a rare skin disease that affects 0.01% of the Lalafell population. Stop being nosophobes, you shitlords. It's the current year for crying out loud.

also, alliance raid waifu

Lalafell

Delete this

Delete this too

And this

the only benefit that potatos have is that I can see enemies much easier in dungeons when I have a potankto in my team.

It's like you fags don't even like fun
i lost the webm i had of this

who the hell is that?

But they have actual rape caves where males are referred to as breeders and kept safely tucked away.

I gotchu fam

Source? I know Sunseekers have nunh and tia shit but the EE didnt mention anything like that.

Thanks

The reason that there were no male cats in 1.0 was because there were so precious few of them Bet it's one of those 12.5% gender ratio situations that they were basically kept under jealous guard and not allowed to leave their lands.
A battleleve in Quarrymill mentions in one of the poacher extermination jobs that one of their 'breeder males' got hurt in a bear trap of theirs, which is the whole reason the leve request was put up. It's also why that one Moon Keeper male in that Moogle Mail delivery quest is so important.

The scarcity of males in the race is probably also the reason why there's so many cat sluts.

Does this look ok? I want to go for a simple dark wizardo beauty as my first character.

It's amazing how plain you made her face.

Nicely done. She looks very plain, like she does nothing but read all day. Going for Thaumaturge I take it then? Or maybe Arcanist?

I was thinking of getting that level 4 archer skill and then straight into arcanist.

>forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/314029-Special-change-to-Lalafel-cheap-potion

Why don't we have this?

do arcanist before archer, unless you want to take archer to 15+ first, since you cant change your first job until after you complete the around-the-world quest that you get at level 15.

Do Arcanist first if that's gonna be your main because

On another note, has anyone encountered the bug where your Padjali aetherpool weapon doesn't have a glow color and it just glows white? This is something that didn't start happening to me until Christmas update. Before that padjali weapons had a glowing color, now they're all just white. I can see those other weapons that are all red/black and glowy though, forget what they're called.

Dodged a bullet there. Thank you.

kinna weapons user, they're the upgraded 255 level weapons.

i guess i get what you mean by the glow color. most of the time mine is white with shades of another color, but i barely notice it since the white is so overwhelming. did you maybe change a vid setting perhaps?

Ah right, Kinna

that's just the thing, i haven't touched my graphic settings. I remember the glowing colors being much more vivid for aetherpool weapons like in pics related, but now they're just pure white. For example, I remember my bow being a pretty green color, with of course the glow and white towards the center, But not that is just white. It's still soft and glowy, but no green.

I wonder if this is some sort of shader issue? Hang on and I'll take some screen caps

Is it still not 3.5? Tera combat when?

But isn't that game terable?

Combat is the only good thing about Tera.
Wow combat is the only thing preventing me from enjoying FF14.

THIS is what i'm talking about. They're just all-white, no color glow.

Except even Tera's combat is terrible, not to mention horribly unbalanced.
Did you play Tera? Where the flavor of the month class can solo most dungeons? Tanking is irrelevant as well. you shouldn't need to buy crystals to tank, that shit is retarded.

You are fucking retarded if you believe that they will change the fucking engine. Better get used to it gay boy.

I played a few years ago, I didn't got into the meta but whacking mobs with twins swords was fun.
Whacking mobs in FF14 isn't fun.

All they have to do is to make combat hitbox-based while keeping animations intact. It's not hard.

This has to be a bait. No one is this stupid.

You're correct about something being wrong about that, but I don't know what might cause the issue. Have you tried repairing the client?

But potatos are hard to see

So mindless button mashing is better than having a rotation? You're right, FF isnt your kind of game and I'd love to keep it that way.

Go back to school cos you clearly dont know how to read. I just pointed out how stupid you are for assuming entire game can be changed that easily. You dont deserve any more posts.

Fuck you.

I mean if you wowfags enjoy shitty non-combat so much, why not play wow instead to begin with? It's literally a clone.

Excellent rebuttal 👌

Appropriate to initial statement.

Lalafell pride ezoreawide!

Because FF14 is a better version of it and has Final Fantasy stuff that I like and it's got fun animations and some fun writing.

potatoes are jews and would be the first to be gassed by your ebil anime natzee

Why do you keep calling it WoW clone? XIV is based off XI which came out before WoW.

Now this is bait.

Well I guess enjoy it being legion'd sometime soon.

Why would that happen?

Legion'd?

very nice, she better have some ass to go along with that though.

Its on the right track, but have you considered joining the Xaela master tribe?

You misspelled lalafell plainsfolk.

Is there a site that shows all the gear and how it looks equipped on each race with a model? I need it for the true endgame glam
Also is there a headpiece that looks like a widow's veil?

another lewd outfit i want but wont get

also catposting

Is culinarian a good standalone profession? Am I going to be able to jew the tryhard raiders with my Filet Mignon buffs?

Raiding is mostly dead right now. Cook is great at the release of new raid content or an expansion. Right now it is pretty slow outside of crafting/gathering food.

I think the gold wedding veil is dyeable, but I don't know how much the color changes.

Sorry to interrupt this circle jerk about TERA COMBAT IS SO GOOD I bring actual FF14 related news.

famitsu.com/news/201701/05124262.html

Its because you have bloom turned off, its a trade off for not having eye cancer on 95% of the other shit in game

The GARO stuff is PvP rewards? Or did I read that wrong?

I dont read nip, is that new Garo stuff going to be PvP related? well shit I gotta get them as quick as possible then because that stuff will be dead as fuck day 2.

2.5 taught us that the only good potato is a sliced potato.

Jesus Christ don't they teach you kids anything in high school?

Apparently high school teaches kids to embrace the botnets now.
high school was over 20 years ago

MUH DICK

Is there anything else really important for leveling like hall of novice? Don't want to think about if I had missed that 30% exp ring.

THERE IS MORE TO THE JOB QUEST THAN THE LEVEL 30 QUEST. ALWAYS GO BACK TO THAT FUCKER EVERY 5 LEVELS

Girls can't be wizards, you donut.

What's better for leveling a 2nd job after main hits 60, FATE spamming or running dungeons outside roulette? I am not playing fucking potd

do your daily levelling roulette and then do FATE's.

Also, don't forget quick guildleves in the area you are doing FATES in.

Scum, you can't tell me what I identify as! Alright I'll settle for witch then. Kinda happy with how my character turned out.
Do I get more bonus exp if if I log out using a bed in a rented room?

Better, do FATEs while queued for the highest level dungeon.

Just log out anywhere you see the moonman icon next to your exp bar. Fun protip: if you run a dungeon stick to a place with the moonman icon. While you are in the dungeon your character is still flagged as in a resting area and you will be getting a tiny bit of resting exp back when you are done with the dungeon.

Why the fuck are they ruining the games integrity with this vomit? The art style is just SHINY EDGY RICE NIGGER POWER RANGERS. It looks so fucking out of place.

XIV should have some self respect and not be some harlot that breeds with every suitor that comes ringing.

What's a good head glam for rogue/ninja that doesn't require any levels?

Bro its PvPenis gear so no one really cares

You seriously don't think [THOTT-PATROL]xXSwAGXxDaRkHoKaGe Kirito Darkmoonwolfshowl won't have this edgy shit on permaglamour?

No they deff will, but everyone will continue to laugh at them like we do already

BTW can I use that name for my next character?

Who are you, the thought police?

At least put a dolphin dick on your head man.

Yeah those are the same thing for sure

Do you even edge?

Part of being edgy is not giving a shit what some user says on the internet. :^)

edgelords dont want to be their own man, just to look grimdark for attention.

The people that picked not to spare them would have still gotten their dark side points regardless of who won the conversation roll. Why get upset unless that decision altered the course of the dungeon? did it?

Holy shit I just wiped to garuda ex 3 times because this stupid fucking french lalafell faggot wouldn't stop killing the spiny AND HE WAS THE FUCKING HEALER

Holy shit, i'm glad I avoided that steaming pile. Though the thought of Revan being a boss really chaffed my ass.

you mean besides the ubiquitous eyepatches and bandanas?

you could always go for the intellectual-assassin look with a monocle, but i think the first one of those isn't available until the 20's or so.

If its the one I think he's talking about? THen yes.

First dungeon is rigged so that you face different paths if you kill the captain and if you don't.
The story outcome is different as well.

They're very samey though from a mechanical perspective.

Boss?
Nigga got a whole expansion and underwhelming personal army and story.

I'd say kill yourself, but you'll do it soon enough anyways.

Go for it, but only if you're a cringy brooding edgelord in /shout every chance you get.

Glamours are the true endgame, faggot. I'm an elitist in all forms of endgame.

they dont, whatever choice you make gives you light or dark side. Only 1 persons choice change anything though, not that it really matters since none of your choices ever matter.

Good to know someone on ToR team had some foresight.
Drk is still the most visually appealing tank in the game.

oh so that's it? I do believe I had that turned off….

ded thred