Good games without graphics card

I have a thinkpad x230, one of the ones without a graphics card.

What are some top quality games that I can play without a graphics card.

Lots of pixelshit
BoI
Hotline Miami
FTL
also dorf fort, and text games.

Nes, genesis & gba games

Anything that's not graphics heavy. There are plenty of fun games with shit graphics.

Thanks. Now for the real challenge, which games play better with the trackpoint and keyboard than they do with keyboard and mouse?

Better? None, but some like BoI and text games don't use the mouse at all so it is equal.

Does it not have a usb or ps2 port? You'd probably have decent luck with a top down action/adventure or rpg lite that isn't too menu heavy.

I can use a mouse, but I'm interested if there's anything that the trackpoint can do better than keyboard and mouse.

None that I know of. You're probably mostly stuck with things that don't use a mouse with the exception of turn based games.

FTL

i own a T430 without a dedicated gpu and these games work fine on the laptop.
Fallout New Vegas
GTA san andreas, vice city, IV
Any goldsrc and source engine game
Lunatic Rave 2
Stepmania

Anything that runs on the doom engine, quake engine, quake 2 engine, or goldsrc engine will give you the option to use a software renderer.

So : doom, doom 2, quake, quake 2, half life, counter-strike can all be run without any 3D accelerator at all.

Pretty much all of the replies on this thread involve games that require a 3D accelerator (gpu) to run. Most games now require these things to run. If you have an x230 then it comes with an intel GPU. That means it has a graphics card. A T43 also comes with a graphics card. You cant run fallout new Vegas without a graphics card, or any game maker game like hotline miami.

If you want to run any of those games without a gpu, you need to install a mesa3D driver, which will let you run those games, by doing all the gpu calculations on a CPU, which runs extremely slow.

Pretty much every arcade game made will run fine on any laptop made in the past 7 years.

Path of Exile

original postal actually runs without a video card, but postal redux doesn't because you need like x10 the hardware dude and a video card, its pretty insane

X220 owner here. Integrated graphics can't quite run Morrowind to an enjoyable end, but it is pretty close.

Other than that, you know. The usual classics like DOOM, generally anything handheld up 'till the 6th generation and most everything home console up 'till the 5th.

I'm stuck on a notebook with 4gb ram and integrated graphics but a good internet connection, so I've been downloading shit and experimenting. A surprising number of 3D games work, albeit not silky smooth. Especially things from around 2007.
- Sudeki
- Hitman Blood Money
- Doom 3 (not the BFG edition, this one screwed the optimization)
- Ikaruga
Even Lightning Returns runs, though not really playable. We're taking GPU's necessity for granted.

As for newer 2D games, check out copy kitty and darkest dungeon.

Try a roguelike.

try melty blood

didn't we just have a thread like this?
Anyways, some i can name:
Lisa, Undertale,Rimworld,Factorio, Emulators until DS should run fine, so there's lots to play. What kind of games do you like, OP?

Just get a cheap mouse, otherwise you're basically restricted to turn based games.

OP said top quality, user

I had to google this laptop and see the specs, my laptop is way slower (i5 vs i3 for starters) and I can play 3D games such as half-life, serious sam, quake etc. just fine.

You could use it for analog movement, since it works like an analog stick. (as in, you can hold it in one direction to walk, it doesn't just stop like a mouse) You can bind the mouse to analog sticks in emulators, but I'm not sure what PC games would support that besides flightsims.