I know some of you 80s flicks loving fags will disagree...

I know some of you 80s flicks loving fags will disagree, but Ridley Scott as his most senile or dull is still a 100 times better filmmaker than James Cameron. Cameron makes flicks and Scott makes films. Scott is an auteur, Cameron makes glorified B movies and tries hard to make them into A productions. While with Scott, even if he emulates a B style movie - like with Alien Covenant, he still produces an A-grade film.

True Lies was good. I never really was a huge fan of Gladiator.

True Lies is still a flick, and really only good because of Arnie. Not a fan of Gladiator, but even Scott's work like Exodus Gods and Kings is decent.

Well, yeah. Everybody knows that.
Alien Covenant sucked, though.

Covenant was basically a remake of Alien or Aliens combined and I would unironically say it's better than Aliens.

I prefer John Carpenter over either of them.

What an amazing OP. You should be proud of how well you thought this out.

Wow

I can’t think of a single person in the cast who didn’t do a good job. It’s a solid movie.

It's literally a flick.

Black Rain > The terminator

:^)

Who ever implied Cameron made anything but flicks? Why are you hitting yourself?

I just wish Ridley would get a good script one more time. He's almost always wasted on garbage scripts these days.

Why does he choose bad scripts

I don't think he gives a shit anymore, he just want to make highly aesthetic films.

I bet you're the sort of cunt that only considers movies made in a langauge other than your native tongue kino.

Neither director has made anything worth watching since first few years of the nineties.
If they had both just stopped making movies by '95 they would be better regarded today.

Carpenter was always better than Scott and Cameron combined.

Wouldn't he want to perhaps do both?

80s movies are not "80s flicks that Holla Forums likes"

James Cameron did seal himself in a bathysphere and sink into the Challenger Deep though

James Cameron was at the peak of his success when Titanic came out.

Every James Cameron movie is good.

Avatar is Michael Bay-tier and retroactively tarnishes his legacy.

They are both past their prime. Hafstrom is the king of western film from now on.

Wrongo bongo

nope, it was kino

I would have liked alien covenant more if they didn't shoehorn in the classic alien at the end

why is the unique albino alien only onscreen for like 2 minutes?
the fuck?