Ready to get that Switch, Holla Forums?

Ready to get that Switch, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20161021024620/https://ebgames.com.au/featured/nintendo-switch
zombietime.com/folsom_sf_2007_part_1/index.php
zombietime.com/folsom_sf_2007_part_2/
zombietime.com/up_your_alley_2008/part_1_full/index.php
zombietime.com/up_your_alley_2008/part_2_full/index.php
zombietime.com/up_your_alley_2015/
visual6502.org/wiki/index.php?title=6502DecimalMode#Decimal_mode_and_the_NES.27_RP2A03G
gamereactor.eu/news/414423/A new Monster Hunter game to be released in March 2017/
twitter.com/DroidXAce/status/818935085026148352
imgur.com/a/qUqrT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off.

Yep, eventually.
Was never a fan of other consoles but Nintendo devices have the best console games and good couch coop games for females and party environments.

Nintendo being kikes as usual.

We'll be lucky if this isn't $60/$70 on launch
What pisses me off the most is how fucking lackluster 8 was especially compared to 7 and they're releasing the same shit "But hey! we actually have battle stages this time!"
The entire lineup up of this system looks to be Wii U scraps and fucking skyrim
Fuck Switch

7 was pretty disappointing too

skyrim was never really confirmed anyway

we can safely assume absolutely nothing except for muh mario and zeldas is coming out on it

MFW I'm fine with this and me and mine will get plenty of playtime out of MK8+ and all of Holla Forums will hate me for both having friends and enjoying Nintendo.

not really
like there is no fucking games at all for it

Absolutely, Mario Kart 8 was great and if this actually has 24 new tracks I'd be happy to pay for it, what I suspect it means unfortunelty is the 16 DLC tracks + 8 new tracks.

It was never deconfirmed either, bethesda just wanted to make people think it wasn't coming due to Shit Edition coming out on everything else after the initial Switch announcement.
Can't let the goyim think a slightly portable version is coming out later or else they won't give them shekels for the non-portable versions.

Ready to take a switch to your ass, more like.

Holy shit those niggers are desperate for news.
A banner has BotW on the screen, so it's confirmed for March.
EB Games (Australian Gamestop) has Skyrim on their Switch page! Must be coming! It's been there since the first fucking trailer, I might add.
Some nigger goes through their NintendoRewards and notices everything stops on the 16th: "ITZ ON DA 17TH GUIZ!!!11!! upboatpls"

Anyways, I'll likely buy one 50/50 with my roommate, and we'll play some shitty coop games, then never update the firmware and wait for hacking.

I wouldn't be surprised if the goys at Nintendo release their games like $10 lower than everyone else, just to convince people to buy their shitty ports.
Also, Bethesda likely is releasing Skyrim, they just didn't want the goyim to save their money and instead buy Skyrim Special Edition.

don't flatter yourself, Holla Forums doesn't think of you at all.

The DLC adds in 6 characters and 16 tracks so it probably means 4 all new characters, 8 new tracks and new battle mode with battle mode tracks.

If the Battle mode tracks are counted in the 24 extra tracks then more than likely 0 new racing tracks, this is the worst possible estimate for new content in Mario Kart 8 Switch edition.

I don't buy nintendo systems unless they get hacked and I can pirate all the 1st party games, now.

At least try to make your post seem like it isn't copypasted from your marketing materials. Fucking shills are disgusting.

Btw, I bought flash carts for every Nintendo console I own, no virtual console shekels for you.

Not too bad if it includes the DLC into the base game, and if the new tracks dont count battle tracks.
Especially if you didnt already own MK8.

-8 Cups (4 tracks each, total 32 tracks)
-30 characters
-27 vehicles

-4 additional Cups (16 tracks+base = 48 tracks)
-6 additional characters (excluding shyguy/yoshi recolors & the female villager)
-8 new vehicles (excluding the Mercedes Benz shit)

-6 additional cups (24 tracks+base+DLC= 72 total tracks
-10 additional characters (total 46 characters)
-?? new vehicles?

I wonder who the fuck the new characters would be anyways

1- Diddy?
2- Bowser Jr?
3- Paratroopa?
4- Dry Bones?
5- Bee Queen? (please no)
6- Magikoopa? (He got scammed out of being in MK64 anyways.)
7- ROB?
8- Birdo?
9- ??
10- ???

I just hope its not shitty duplicate characters like Dr Luigi or Topaz Daisy or whatever shit they pull out of their ass.

I didn't even think of alt toad colors.
Now im surprised they didnt have alt toad colors to release with the shyguy & yoshi recolors.

Fuck you, you got no other Toads

Roll

No thanks.

Are we being raided?

Is this real or a shoop?

I better fucking get a discount for owning Mario Kart 8 Wii U digitally.

Probably getting one after the first price-drop if it's a retarded price/doesn't have much that appeals on launch and then feverishly masturbating while waiting for CFW. Alternatively I'm getting that shit on launch if there's a Mario collectathon because I've been starved for one since Galaxy 2, and the only thing available to fill the void since then is gonna be Yooka-Laylee.

They all hate you.

Sorry sweetie but there's none that love you.

My dog loves me.

He's only pretending. That dog knows you more than yourself.

Yes, Nintendo planned to hold the battle mode of all things back for the switch 3-4 years later, While they were panicing to try and save the Wii U.

They also held Cloud back from smash just so they could sell him for 6 dollars, the fuckers.

Where the hell is Project Giant Robot?

I totally legally gotten from nintendo's servers a copy of Game & Wario, it's not that bad

This dog?

Drone detected

No.

I didn't have a Wii U so this piques my interest somewhat.

I really don't want it to launch like the 3DS though (loads of games announced but few at launch, high price, followed by price cut and the other announced games being shitty). And look I get it the 3DS probably has a ton of great titles but I paid $250 because I saw Luigi's Mansion 2 and a new Paper Mario, and they both turned out to be garbage. Ironically enough the only titles I really enjoyed were the Zelda remakes. REMAKES.

The game line up that will be announced at the upcoming press conference could be the most stellar set of games that Nintendo has ever out out and it would only sway my decision on buying the damn thing by 50%. I can't be buying $350 paperweights anymore.

They ought to know. I inputted the Club Nintendo code in 2014. I figure that along with the DLC and amount of coins earned which still hasn't reached the Gold Chute better not be for nothing. Then again, I'm not getting Switch at launch.

The only source for the corner pic is from a reddit post and a tweet that's gone.

All we know is that Sakurai is making a game with giant robots.

Did I say Giant Robots, I meant to say Robots in general

its from au's EBGAMES, here's an archived link
web.archive.org/web/20161021024620/https://ebgames.com.au/featured/nintendo-switch

Mario Kart series always feels like "2 steps forward, 1 step back" with each game. It's almost like they have to put a deliberate removed feature in each game to prevent it from being perfect.

Honestly surprised Dr Mario (or references to it) has had zero appearances in Mario Kart, seeing him get in would be better than a Metal Mario.

This is the only concern for me about these "upgraded ports of Wii U titles to Switch" is those of us who brought them for the Wii U (and assumed they would be exclusive) are going to feel like we got fucked over purchasing a "inferior version" and won't get compensated if we buy the "superior" Switch version.

Calm down.

Let me guess, it's okay when Nintendo does it?

More like Nintendo had no intention of ever providing battle mode until they needed a bullet point on the marketing materials to differentiate the new release from the one you already bought. They're just rehashing popular Wii U content because it's the cheapest way to create a "launch window" lineup.

Friendly reminder, never buy a console/handheld in its first two years.

Yeah basically.

Maybe not launch day. I need a new computer, my old one caught on fire and is now dead. Also I want spla2n

So I guess they're porting all, what, 5 good Wii U games? That's cool, and they're even adding content. Still on the fence about buying a Switch, though.

Well fuck looks like im waiting for a refurbished one like last time.

L O L

Thanks mister Goldenstein

It's not DLC, they're going to sell the entire fucking game again just like Smash and Splatoon. Gotta pad that launch library somehow since they have no actual exclusives to offer other than Mario.

Mario Kart 8 was fucking amazing in so many respects. Best tracks, music, gameplay, and customization of the series in my opinion. The Holla Forums tournaments when it first came out were the most fun I've ever had in Mario Kart. Too bad the battle mode and roster were absolute dogshit. If I end up getting a Switch then I might grab a bundle with the new version, but otherwise they're not getting my shekels.
I will kick all of your dicks in with Shy Guy and the pipe frame kart any time, don't even test me

Nintendo is DOOMed

FUCKOFF CODY

Who?

yeah, those Holla Forumseekend things where fun. even regular multiplayer was fun. it didn't take long to get into a good room with equally skilled people. too bad multiplayer is a ghost town now.

Is that a mockup or an actual box? Why are they still using fullsize boxes and cartridges? At least the red is nice.
If they're going to release MK8 with all the DLC that isn't too bad, considering MK8's DLC is actually worth it. 11 bong for an extra half of the game. No point rebuying it if you already have it though.
Also I say this whenever I get the chance, but do not get a Switch on launch. Consoles can have manufacturing issues, and you don't want to be one of the unfortunate guys with the RROD 2.0. Give it a month at the very least. At worst you can buy a used one from some retard who bought the thing and hated it.

No, and I've owned every Nintendo console since the SNES. I'm ready to yarhar Zelda BOTW for Wii U though, assuming they don't can the version because of the shit framerate.

10 dollahs off for 50 dollah game

SNK loves me for my money.

King Boo was already confirmed in the switch trailer

Maybe if i have a job by the time it comes out and theres some decent launch games.

Heh heh

Fuck off, OP.

Lol this guy is the embodiment of the meta whiners on Holla Forums who cry in multiple threads because someone didn't think some AAA game was good.

Why are there so many sonyggers on this board since fall?

Gook introduced 4chan gold a few months ago.

If it has an actually decent library this time instead of two platinum games, then maybe

what happened?

I might get it only if it has an ethernet port.

Because I've been genuinely disappointed with how Nintendo has been handling themselves lately, like how I hated how M$ handled the Xbone at launch and how Sony treated the Vita, or how Valve has been doing lately.

The Wii U had some good games but in the last 2 years of its life they genuinely didnt give a fuck. 3DS has had a massive drought. And if the new battle mode in the OPs picture is real and not photoshop I'll be mad because its so shit in 8.

Nintendo are the best for completely shit security and easy CFW on modern systems. The Switch when it's hacked could make for a great handheld.

The answer is similar to the one for the question: Why did Wii U sell so poorly?

w e w
e
w

Wii U backwards compatibility is out of the question outside of ports due to the nature of the system but I imagine there'll be Gamecube Virtual Console releases and possibly Wii VC as well. Get enough Wii/Wii U ports worth a shit + Gamecube VC and finally get CFW and you could have a pretty good all-in-one handheld with (limited) backwards compatibility all the way down to the NES.

Oh come on I quoted and the quote fucking transmogrified into a completely different post.

Mario Kart was a good game and a series of sequels.

Bad marketing, branding and shortshipping caused sonyggers to flood the board?

I don't know about GC, but there's already Wii VC with mario galaxy, metroid prime trilogy, etc.

Not implying that. Just trying to follow why he's comparing the two occurrences.

Same. My unemployment bux just ran out.

Call me when it has Monster Hunter. Until then fuck off, not interested. Shit thread

No thanks.

It's a joke.

Between the censorship, the subsequent apologia for said censorship in an age where the sensitive snowflakes have game ratings and blogs like Polygon to let them know what will offend them, and botching Wii U in almost every aspect, you could say I've lost a lot of respect for Nintendo.

OP IS A FAGGOT LIAR
See

Until I see they implemented an online system up to par with what everyone has had for 12 years and allows transferring of digital/VC games from 3DS/Wii U for free I don't give a shit.

They can't keep getting away with it!

Even if it has that shit I wont be buying it if it isn't region free with at least 3 good looking launch titles that aren't ports.

No.

youre kidding right?

I'll get it just for Pokemon without a Super Gameboy equivalent.

I'd fuck carl, honestly.

Don't it being on a college campus increases it's likely hood of having a sexually transmittable disease by 1245%

I'll be frank, the Switch is garbage repackaged Nvidia Shield with Nintendo's logo on it. As Nintendo chases yet another pointless gimmick that will get a tiny bit of support by 3rd party developers at launch and then dry up fast.

Even if Nintendo does manage a successful launch with what remains of their fanbase they'll only continue to kill it faster and faster with horribly mangled localizations by Treehouse that "Culturalize" the games for western markets.

The only thing this console has is a new open world Zelda that will probably become as boring as every other complete it in any order Zelda game has been. Faggots acting mind blown because "OMG OPEN WORLD ZELDA!" are fucking airheads who will be saying in 3 years "Yeah it has zelda, but I'm not paying $300 to play Zelda." It's going to flop and it's going to flop hard because all that's left interested in Nintendo are fanboys and Reddit, and you don't make money on upvotes.

What the fuck.

I know OP was disproven, but I'll just argue with you for the fun of it.

I think what you're saying sounds like a stretch. Yes, the battle mode was a complete fuck up, and it's their own fault. But I doubt the reason boils down to them knowingly holding it back for no reason other than to put it on our next console, as a "bullet point" feature. It's easy to make these kinds of arguments when we now know it's coming. I mean I've seen people make the same argument about nearly all the DLC Nintendo has done. Since it's not day one it must have been held back for months if not years.

The time span from when the game was released, and now is too long for me to believe that. It would have been more realistic to to throw in actual battle stages as DLC with the other new tracks. All of this is within mind of that the fact that Nintendo was panicking to save the Wii U for a few good years. Call me a drone if you want for not taking it to the next extreme, but that's just my opinion on it.

It might have been a fairly clinical decision on Nintendo's part after Wii U sales weren't very good.

Can we make 100:1 on making this DLC? No? Shelve it.

Can battle mode convince our hardcore fans to buy a console with worse performance than their current one? Yes? Make it.

You'd be surprised how much people fuck on college campuses, or maybe you wouldn't.

I'm not, but I AM surprised at the STD rate. Jesus christ, god DAMN.

You'd think that Wii U owners would be the last group Nintendo wants to piss off, since they actually bought the piece of shit.

That's horse shit and you know. The concept is the most practical thing they ever thought up and as someone who has preferred handhelds over home consoles I can safely say this is something I've been desiring since I was a wee lad with a GBC. Sega did it with the Nomad, no reason why such a thing shouldn't be a standard feature of handhelds. Nomad is also fucking region free, another thing that should be standard but Nintendo says no.

If Nintendo pulls this off it'll be fucking amazing and change the handheld/home console markets forever. Next gen Sony/MS will be portables as well if they succeed. Too bad it's modern Nintendo so they'll fuck it all up with jewery as Ive pointed out already. But I'll keep dreaming for the day of a good handheld that can also be played on a big screen if I so desired.

If Smash on the switch has ice climbers, would you chalk that up to them shelving the character a long time ago for the sake of building hype for their next console? ("forcing" people to buy said new console and a game for one new character.) or at the fact that them continuing to work on this game at all outside of the WiiU/3DS allowed for this opportunity to arise?

I would probably pick the latter, but it'd be difficult to say for certain either way. Also, isn't the switch running Zelda better than the Wii U?

It is, the switch is about 20% stronger than the Wii U. Which isn't saying much, honestly.

Right there is where you logic is flawed. It's not supposed to be another handheld it's supposed to be a console. If this was another handheld, then mayby I'd lean more in your direction if it wasn't based off the failure that was the Shield, but as a console it is a gimmicky piece of garbage that's going to have horrible battery life like the Shield did.

No it wouldn't because the vast majority of gamers don't want it. Neither Sony nor Microsoft are going to go chasing after what Sony already showed will not be a huge game changer (you can cross play a good chunk of their library on the vita). Nintendo's best hope is to get the handheld market, which means abandoning the 3DS for full integration of their systems, which as other have pointed out will raise the cost of development driving a lot of the developers for the 3DS out of the market.

You actually think that greater performance is going to translate to everyone coming over, but its not going to work that way. First you have established reached which will not rival the 3DS for probably years, then you have increased development costs, then you have competition in the console space.

This is arguably their worse thought out gimmick yet. It isn't catching on with mobile integration, it didn't catch on with cross play, and it isn't going to now magically work because Nintendo's name is slap on it, but at the very least they're stupid enough to probably kill their other market trying to push this piece of shit.

Mm-muh Nintendo Land

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=

whats wrong with nintendo land?
don't have any friends?

50% of gays have a STI or a STD at the minimum, and Universities have a higher proportion of gays than most other places

That's a awful lot of assumptions there.

Gotta love them gays

zombietime.com/folsom_sf_2007_part_1/index.php
zombietime.com/folsom_sf_2007_part_2/
zombietime.com/up_your_alley_2008/part_1_full/index.php
zombietime.com/up_your_alley_2008/part_2_full/index.php
zombietime.com/up_your_alley_2015/

You are aware it's more of a trait of the disease rather than the individual that happened to be patient zero, right my authoritarian dear?

Somebody's gotta give them the money to keep making games for you to pirate.

I'm hardly that desperate to play a censored rehash.

Gays should stop fucking each other in the ass then.

It's not that they are fucking eachother in the ass anymore than the rest of society is having traditional sex, it's just that they are such a fucking tiny minority it explodes the shit out of their sexually transmitted disease statuses. If anything it's a statistic abnormality rather than an actual demographic diagnosis.

WHERE'S THE FUCKING SOURCE, NIGGER?

Here

visual6502.org/wiki/index.php?title=6502DecimalMode#Decimal_mode_and_the_NES.27_RP2A03G

Just to be That Guy who gets off the "[current year] Nintendo is being retarded, THEY'RE DOOMED!!1!" discussion happening currently since this keeps happening since 1985, I'm definitely excited for this since 24 new tracks + 10 new characters means tons of new >fun and autism for the inevitable Holla Forumseekend tournies. And as the one autist who tries to go fast in the time trials for world records one day, any new tracks is amazing so we can get TTers to finally get off of Big Blue for five seconds.

I'm just hopeful though that this shit goes well when the Switch launches, because I don't think I can stand 3-8 years of endless "NINTENDO IS DOOMED/FUCKING NINTODDLERS/WHY CAN'T THEY PORT THEIR VIDYA TO MUH PC" funposting and autism. Or at least, all that intensifying due to Nintendo going stupid recently and the endless salt due to weeb vidya and all it entails with localization/ect. for anons.

I'll wait for the inevitable special edition of the console that will be heavily discounted a year or two after the fact because nobody is fucking buying it after the initial rush where Nintendo inevitably doesn't have enough because they didn't produce enough in order to generate hype.

That's not that out of the ordinary. The Wii has a DVD player with the ability to play DVDs scraped off, so they didn't have to pay rights. The Wii U is the same with bluray.
Similarly Nintendo held a dpad patent for ages, but it didn't stop other companies making ones with their own design. A patent only describes a way of doing something, and you can't stop people just making eqquivalent ways.

The Wii thing could be justified when you consider Wii discs (actually Nintendo-Philips discs) are read in the opposite direction as an anti-piracy measure

you joke, buy remember user back then shitposting predicted babbys version of everyone up to rosalina right

I'm not saying that features were held back for the sake of the next console. I'm just saying that if Nintendo didn't have a new platform to push, work on those games would have been finished. I'll add that treating the same title on different consoles, released years apart, as the same product that consumers are fortunate to get more content for is unreasonably charitable. Even if you're a huge fan of Nintendo.

I'll probobly get it if nintendo comes out and says this is 100% their handheld as well.
The Nintendo handhelds usually do more for me then the consoles since I can take them places and shit.
Like with the 3ds once I have a go to list of like 10 games I'd want for it I'll buy.

I mean, he's not wrong in that regard.

That's fucking GENIUS. If only the same thing were possible with x86, and remove some "features".

They won't go fullbore with it unless the Switch is doing pretty well, notice there's been a good few Wii U ports to 3DS as well and they're in no hurry to say it's just their newest console.

Autist

Wow, maybe you need to stop shitposting 25/7 and take 5 minutes off to pop those pills the Doc gave you.

Hey there Poopy Joe.

DESIGNATED

EVERY TIME UNTIL IT FUCKS OFF FROM MY BOARD
i can't find the screenshot, does anyone else have it

Do you still have your verbal spreadsheet?

#notallgays

Undertale is Goat. It has asgore in it, he's a goat.

Good lord why are people so gullible when it comes to Nintendo? They will literally believe any picture that appears before them, doesn't matter how tiny and blurry it looks, it always causes hype.

It was a believable lie. That's the depressing part.

I am cautiously optimistic about the Switch. I will get one whenever the new Splatoon comes out. If it really is a launch title I'll preorder and buy day one. The new Zelda looks cool but I can wait for that.

Looks like a good investment to me :^)

Splatoon looks like fun. And the trailer made it look like the Switch is good for LAN party setups. I could imagine my friends getting a LAN party together over a new Splatoon.

Nintendo needs to die.

Remember when Nintendo actually shat out a ton of actually good games fore the Gameboys and SNES and Gamecube to make money?

I miss those days. Haven't bought a Nintendo product in over 10 years now.

The Switch is gonna be a failure and nintendo will get out of the console business.
I'll hop into it midway through the switch's lifecycle, right after someone homebrews it, pay nothing for games and play it from my bed.

Fuck you Nintendo.

If diddy kong isn't playable im gonna fill my piss bootles and throw the piss at the nintendo

Kill yourself.

It’s going to be Nintendo’s Dreamcast but with shit hardware.

And now
Nintendo needs it's shit kicked in. Iwata never made a good console either, fuck you people that defend him. He might have been good in other ways but he inherited the GameCube and the Wii was the first thing he made and it was the beginning of the end. Getting rid of the iconic Gameboy Brand was also a huge mistake you can thank Iwata for.

Are you implying that nintendo removed 24 tracks and 10 characters from mario kart 8 because they knew the wii u would fail years in advance? It doesn't matter anyway the picture was fake.
Also what was bad about ditching the Gameboy brand? The gba was only around for 4 years and the ds sold way more.

I am hoping the Switch makes local multiplayer popular again. That would be nice if I had friends.

The Wii U was Nintendo's Dreamcast.

He was referring to the Battle Mode introduced in the fake which sucked in the Wii U game.

I'd have loved for them to keep the Game Boy name to the line considering it's a decently catchy name and I've seen even a few current-year kids that know what a Game Boy is or have one around. Name change alone was enough to completely divorce the DS onwards from the Game Boys even though it's still the same line of continuation and roughly the same leap in general power, ie GBC = NES -> GBA = SNES with DS = N64 and 3DS = GC.

That's what all these cmpanies do to sell DLC. It doesn't matter if they "removed" it. The fact it shipped without integral features that the original Mario Kart on SNES had is bad enough.

They certainly knew it would fail seeing as how it sold like shit and they had nobody making games for it. In any case they knew they would make a new console soon regardless. I never implied that they released the gaming knowing they would re-release it again you kike nigger.

Doesn't matter, Nintendo is shit, their new games are shit, cookie-cutter and safe and they are being outshined by modders left and right because they don't cater to market demands of people who actually buy their games and instead follow trends in a greedy and futile attempt to capture a demographic they will never have.

Everyone liked the Gameboy

The DS was around for way longer and they milked that shit with all the revisions. Nobody knows what a "DS" is other than some weird gaming device that isn't even good anymore.

The Switch might actually force Nintendo to switch how they do business going forward if it tanks, which it will.
The Switch is like a Jukebox and nobody is going to carry that clunky thing around. Maybe if it were more durable and the economy was better, then it would probably be a hit but I don't see it happening today.

Only it didn't have a boatload of fun games and wasn't wildly affordable.

You seem pretty butthurt bud.

?

Whatever you say champ.
It's thin and like 7 or 8 inches diagonally including controls. Have you seen the size of the fucking phones people carry these days, or the tablets they keep in their bags? The Switch is big for a Nintendo handheld but it really isn't that big in comparison to other popular electronics.
Not that anybody in the west is going to take this on the go anyway. They're going to leave it at home and play on the couch/in the bed/on the toilet, like they always have, or maybe take it to a friend's place (in which case it's a lot more convenient than bringing a tablet or laptop).
The only people the size will matter to are the Japanese, and I guarantee you there will be a miniature version within a year or two that is more like a traditional handheld (no dock, permanently attached controls, analog nubs and dpad instead of sticks and directional buttons) to appease them.

…and people continue to defend them

It's almost like all the companies pull kikery to some degree or another and Nintendo is no exception

8 games is hardly a boatload, and they aren't all great, about half of them are average at best

when they fire everyone who is working at the Treehouse and get a good localization team, then we'll talk. Until then Nintendo can go fuck themselves.

Kill yourself my man

Not unless Nintendo purges Treehouse.

no such thing

You know I thought he was just shitposting for fun at first, but the more I read the more I realised he actually believes what he writes.
I saw him on nichegamer yesterday in the comments section for the Persona 5/Yakuza 0 article spreading his autism around there.
He actually called the Atlus PR manager "Just some guy with a twitter account." then said that the only people why actually buy Sega games are Nintendo fans.
Oh he also thinks #FE will overtake Persona when not if, but when it includes dating elements, leaving Atlus no choice but to put Persona on nintendo.
How does one mans 'tism get this fucking bad?

kek

You know that fat guy you posted is a cannibal right

is this fucking bait? 7 was the worst game in the series. shitty, unmemorable music and tracks that didn't belong in a mario kart game along with horrible graphics even for 3ds standards

meanwhile 8 has the best looks of the entire series and some of the best songs in any nintendo game period, and actually made the retro tracks feel new instead of rehashed bullshit.

the only bad thing about mario kart 8 was its shitty "battle mode" and the fact that 7 stole all of the good Wii tracks

That actually isn't that bad assuming the price isn't too high.

I always thought 8 was visually cluttered and Double Dash was the best. The aesthetics in 8 were spot-on (as usual, of course) but there was just too much shit going on on the screen in some of the tracks.

This post gets it until:

By this logic you shouldn't buy video games period. Updated rereleases happen all the fucking time. Phantom Brave came out on PS2, then got ported to the wii with more content and then got ported to the PSP with more content, and then got ported to the PC with better load times.

Just enjoy games while they're there, but yeah, definitely don't buy a console until you can at least find an arbitrary amount of games you want to play on it. I'd at least say 5.

Fixed.

Wait what?

The play space is purposely contrasted and then edges of the track are outlined, There are games that are truly visually noisy where it's a detriment to the gameplay and then there are nitpicks like yours that I can't agree with. Of course Mario Kart Double Dash is clearer, but Mario Kart 8 isn't so badly visually cluttered that I ever got confused by it, if anything my mind couldn't compute where I was spacially at times thanks to the tracks bending in on eachother, but that was cool as fuck.

It's a fake.

And who the fuck is this guy? How do we know he's not just trying to boost his e-peen by claiming responsibility?
Weren't all of the things pictured already confirmed for the Switch?

It's only about 5 days and a few hours until we know so lets ignore it until then.

Those recurring switch threads…

I didn't say anything about it affecting gameplay. I just don't like that the tracks feel more like rides at a theme park than race tracks.

There are better things to spend unemployment bux on. Nintendo products aren't one of them.

Make an edit with Nintendo's New President.
You're gonna need it for future threads.

I've got all I nees right here

He isn't wrong.

Nintendo makes some fine systems for family play time

The Wii U is still the best gen 8 console, as sad as that is. The Switch will be better than whatever MS/Sony shit out. Therefore, I will do what I always do, keep my PC upgraded and get whatever Nintendo console is current. I haven't missed hardly anything worth two shits in a decade or so.

man i would make her puke cum for a whole week.

OH SHIT

G&W is pretty fantastic with friends

IT'S LITERALLY A HANDHELD THAT CAN DOCK TO SHOW ON THE TV. THERE IS NO EXTRA PROCESSING POWER IN THE DOCK YOU FUCKING MONGOLOIDS

1. Kill yourself.
2. No.

I'm actually OK with that part. I've been seriously missing the DS family having something like the SuperGameboy or Advance Player.
It's the other potential shit that I dread.

yeah, i'd rather it be like that than having a console that turns into a gimped version when you want to take it mobile.

(Double checked)
You know I think I see what Nintendo is doing with the Switch being hand held. Since handheld development is cheaper then standard games (at least it was, I don't know if it's still is or not) this results in the games being cheaper and more willing to take risks (Ghost Trick springs to mind as something that probably wouldn't make it on consoles). If they make the hardware friendly enough, then they won't have the complaint of no third party support (and considering Skyrimjob is being ported onto it I think that's the case).

it could have no docking capabilities and I wouldn't mind. the tv stuff is just icing on the cake. all I want is a pretty monster hunter at 60 fps

As if Capcom will bother to update the muddy visuals MH has had since forever. Although they did go to the effort of getting it to run at 60 on the new 3DS which was comfy.

Nintendo can be a pain to work with, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have some "rules" about developing for Switch, like making the game run in handheld mode first, and then turning on the post processing and upping the resolution when docked, to make sure there's parity or close-to. I know the other manufacturers have certain rules too (from inserting a disc to the main menu in 60 seconds was one MS had on 360 IIRC, anything over that and they wouldn't certify the game as ready for publishing).

You got it my friend
gamereactor.eu/news/414423/A new Monster Hunter game to be released in March 2017/

Not to be a Nintendo apologist or anything, but what if the reason battle mode wasn't in the Wii U version is that they were working on it for the Switch to begin with? Like, they wanted it to be something portable that you could pick up and carry with you to battle with other people who have a Switch (and MK)? But they didn't manage the project properly and a non-portable version wasn't ready for launch with MK8 on WiiU so they said fuck it and just scrapped that mode?

Guys, guys!
I just got a PSP

Because even with all that, they are still the best of the big 3

But can you plug it to your TV? I thought so.

that wouldn't make any sense considering there isn't any additional processing power in the dock. as far as I can tell from the patent, it's a glorified charging station that connects to the tv, although it would make sense for it to turn on some stuff when in docked mode since it doesnt have to worry about power.

I half expect that there's something like LOD that takes effect when you plug it in.

Calling it now, the switch will flop.
Nintendo's last console.

Feels weird man

I drew the line at Pink Gold Peach.

How is that wrong, exactly?

Yeah this wouldn't surprise me either. Sucks for games that want to take full advantage of the hardware, but it makes sense from a perspective of wanting to make the transition from docked to portable as seamless as possible. It would look really bad if games suddenly dropped to 30FPS or texture and model quality suddenly changed when you undocked. Lowered resolution, AA, and post effects are much less likely to be noticed.

The dock provides a steady power source so they don't have to worry about burning through the battery, and better cooling by acting as a giant heatsink and letting the Switch's internal fans run faster. It's already confirmed from the patents that they will use this to increase the clock rate when docked. Games are notified of the dock/undock status and can use that to raise or lower graphical quality appropriately.

Nintendo is out of touch.
They don't know what the fuck they are actually doing anymore.
They don't know what the fuck they were doing for years to be exact.

Most children these days don't game on consoles.
The generation that played consoles grew up and are the current console market.
Nintendo makes a shit gimmick and games not even soccer moms care for anymore.
The T rated games and games that would have gotten an M rating in the US would get toned down and outright censored by NOA just to make it more "kid friendly" not knowing that they are driving away the target demographic the game was made for while not gaining another demographic they desperately want.
Even kids would rather play T and M rated games these days and they end up getting them.

I have not even scratched the surface for Nintendo's shortcomings, but the list is long.

I would guess the best thing to do is change the framerate and maybe stuff like AA or AF but otherwise leave rendering intact so the game looks as similar as possible. Do we know the resolution of the portable screen?

Even if it flops I think Nintendo would make one final extremely stupid stab at the portable market, possibly with some sort of "nintendo phone" that will lack most of the features of a modrrn smart phone and play platform locked 1st party games.

That's exactly why the Switch is a smart idea. Kids like smartphones and tablets. The Switch is basically a gaming tablet. Tons of kids are going to want it, because at that price point (most can't exactly ask for a $400+ iPad for Christmas/birthday) it's a choice between a shitty Android tablet, and a Switch that does all of the basic web browsing and streaming video AND plays tons of games with proper controls. Sony is going to scramble to get something similar out of the door but it will never take off because they fail at putting their weight behind their portables, certainly not to point of betting the entire company on them. Traditional tablet manufacturers and no-name Chinese companies will try as well, but they will have NOGAMES and only be used as cheap emulation devices (just like existing Android gaming tablets). Basically Nintendo will get to own an entire product category.

Nintendoom posters like you are the ones that are out of touch.

Lowering the framerate would be immediately noticeable. I think maintaining the same framerate in docked and undocked mode (barring occasional hitches) is going to be one of Nintendo's certification requirements. Other stuff like AA and rendering resolution will be what takes the hit.
Not yet. Most sources have claimed a 720p screen. Others have claimed a 1080p screen, but that most games will be rendered at 720p in portable mode to save battery, and that the full resolution will mostly be used for web browsing and streaming video. Very lightweight stuff like Animal Crossing might get to use the full resolution under this scheme, but any "console games" will be 720p.

The FCC filings show that the Switch lacks a cellular modem, otherwise I'd consider this more seriously.
The Switch will have a smaller variant in a few years, mark my words, that lacks a docking mode or detachable controls to reduce cost and size, but otherwise is fully compatible with regular Switch games. It will be their compromise for the 3DS audience when that is discontinued.
I can imagine a couple of form factors for such a device, some of which resemble a smartphone. It would not be a huge stretch for them to go all the way and make it into a phone. I don't think they would, but if they did, I might honestly give a Nintendo phone a chance. Android is cancer, Apple is going down the toilet, and I don't give a shit about apps. If they could put a decent OS and browser together it could be the first reasonable alternative since Windows Phone imploded.

Hori accessory leaks. Seems legit.
twitter.com/DroidXAce/status/818935085026148352
imgur.com/a/qUqrT

Most notable are a Hori Pro pad that looks much nicer than the official one we saw in the advertisement, and a USB-to-ethernet adapter that confirms the Switch supports wired ethernet. Previously I was worried that they wouldn't support it because people would get disconnected if they removed the Switch from the dock in the middle of a match, so this is a relief.

also an arcade stick (wonder if there are any fighting games in the launch lineup), carrying cases, and various screen protectors and sticker gimmicks (seem to confirm BotW as a launch title, to the surprise of no one)

Yeah lets throw some photoshops into a mixer and hope it spreads. Not confirmed till 13th.
Look at that retarded big D-Pad. Looks more like some 3rd party stuff

Devil's Advocate: In order to make it worth your money to repurchase a game you may have played to death already, they have doubled the amount of content in it to make the purchase justifiable.

Are you fucking kidding me? The Switch will need another fucking LAN adapter?!
No one likes to play online with Wi-Fi!

I hope the Switch dock has more than the two USB ports on the sides if we're going to be plugging more stuff in. If it only has 2 you wouldn't be able to use the Sm4sh gamecube adapter with rumble and the Ethernet adapter.

Disregard that. Read the thread. Fake and gay.

Probably not, I was burned too hard on the wii u. No way in hell i'm getting a switch for anything more then 150$ and I'm not buying any games for more then at the very most 40 buxs
Bayonetta, W101, and hyrule warrior were fun but too damn short. Bullshit grinding is not good endgame for fucks sake this isn't a god damn mmo.

Nintendo has to unfuck Metroid, make a smash bros that isn't boring as shit, and burn treehouse to the ground before i'll buy a fucking console from them.

The only game I put a lot of time into was hyrule Warriors because there was jack shit else on it other than Zombi U.

Bullshit, guise!
Holla Forums is the new Holla Forums

I mean it probably is Bullshit… but I keep procrastinating buying doom despite loving the demo, and I may or may not be waiting to see if it comes out.

Why does Nintendo keep doing this shit? Another console with over 8000 accessories for it? Another console where most of the games will be in toon art style? Can we seriously not get a decent console from nintendo where to play 3rd party western games, with actual realistic art style? Ffs what a load of shit

I really don't care how anything goes from now on. The Switch has been worth it just for switch dog. I just can't get enough.

I want her retarded face to say things to me. I want her to push herself on me. Regardless of if she's tanked and become the blunder of the century I want her to push herself on me shamelessly.

bump~