Consolegaming

In the end I didn't buy PS4 because games that I was interested in either didn't run well or were multiplats with PC.
Naturally I was looking forward PS4 Pro so I can actually play a few exclusives sony has with good framerates and performance.
But it turned out that games look and play the same on both platforms, some people even report that on Pro games like FF15 run worse than on vanilla.
Thus I have the question - what the fuck? What was the point of upgrading if the same games run the same, if not worse?
You still can't play Bloodborne at 60 fps even if Pro should allow that based on its spec.
Why does it exist? What are benefits of using Pro over Vanilla?
When will console games run at 60 fps again?

Well if you did get it, you can run Dolphin on it now. It's at least something.

No I didn't, but I'm buttman that even if I buy latest hottest flagship console, I still wont be able to play video games comfortably.

When consolefags are willing to spend $1k on decent hardware.

This is a consolewars thread in violation of the rules but it will not be deleted despite being reported.

Nice joke

What consolewar? The only enemy Sony can be at war with is Sony itself.
They make everything in their might to make not buy their shit, no matter how much I want to.

It's the only reasonable solution for now.

1440p downsampling which looks like fucking garbage with extra fxaa/motionblur crap on top on unoptimized games
see nier automata
>ps4: 900p, no aa, no motion blur, sub 60 fps during fights dips down to 50
>ps4pro: native 1080p, aa, per object motion blur, 60fps most of the time, dips down to 50
its fucking shit and overpriced, even for 4k content its just a meme 1440p upscaled with its own snowflake scaling that makes you go "wow it looks kind of okay", yeah theres a few NATIVE 4k games but they either run at 30 fps, dip below 60 or is A FUCKING MULTIPLATFORM GAME

Absolute trash all the way through.

To get you to buy the Shiny New Version and push sales. That's it. Also an excuse to release a price break version of the original. The Slim being that much smaller is good, it also should use less power overall. Still, even a Steam Machine is a better choice, being a fuckload smaller and still running a bunch of games at better frame rates. Plus the whole benefit of being a computer.

I will say I bought a PS4 exclusively for Ace Combat 7, but it's convenient to get physical copies of some games like Shantae, on top of some other exclusives that are fun like Gravity Rush and getting a sequel to Ni no Kuni, and playing Persona 5 in possibly better frame rates.

consolewars implies someone will defend the xbone or wiiu.
unless you mean its a master race thread, then yes, the PC shits all over consoles hardware and design wise.

whoah 1440p what the fuck is that? never even heard of it.
though im sick of consoles trying to punch above their weight. last gen was a prime example, every single game running at 720p upscaled to 1080p. I disabled 1080p on my ps3 the other day and despite the black border, games look so fucking crisp now mang.

why can't we just make good looking vidya to cater for the hardware instead of fighting a numbers ware at the expense of trash visuals

I'm pretty sure even vanilla PS4 can run Bloodborne at 60 if you'd allow to set resolution to 720 and disable shit like motion blur, DOF and knock down shadow. Is that so hard to implement basic options?

1440p is inbetween 1080p and 4k (2160p) resolution. 1440p is just double the size in length and width of 720p

For the love of god, stop pushing this alienware money making meme. Just call it what it is- a fucking linux computer.

I think I get what you're saying, but people like objective benchmarks. Never mind that they're mostly useless when it comes from the manufacturer since they all lie through their teeth.

You misunderstand.
Games that run worse do so at the higher resolutions, like 4k.
Naturally, they're going to work just the same or maybe better probably not better at 1080p

motion blur and shadows i understand, but are you really unable to turn down the resolution? holy shit, consoles are trash

guess so. nothing's really changed i suppose. likely as not they implement all this stuff to sell units. it's a good a reason as ever to ditch consoles if you don't care for the exclusives - which I sadly do

No, I literally mean the Alienware cashgrab since they were 50% off for Black Friday. They're mini-itx with a custom GTX 860M and a low power CPU, not really available in other consumer packages. And even that is better than these consoles in some cases. Obviously for a regular build, just fucking build a computer for cheaper, throw Linux on and play whatever the fuck you want anyhow.

I assume you can't. I don't own PS4 or Pro, but this appears to be the case. If some sony user would prove me wrong, I'd be glad.

I just want a good console with good games.
Since 7th Gen however theres been nothing of the sort.

At this point, there are only two reasons to buy a console:
1 - physical copies. No, mustards, a disc with a Steam installer and a coupon for a digital download of the game you wanted is NOT a physical release.
2 - getting to play Japanese games on release, not one to ten years later, if ever. Simple fact is that, contrary to PCondiment belief, few Japanese devs that aren't SquareEnix or Capcom release on PC, and when they do, it's usually many years late to the party. Disgaea 2 PC is a great example of this. When it finally does release, it'll be 11 years late, breaking the record of Trails in the Sky FC's 10 years between original Japanese PC release and western PC release.

Surprisingly, Phantasy Star Online 2 allows this. The PS4 version is an exact port of the PC version, so it gives you all the same graphics options as the PC version. After disabling shitty effects like bloom, motion blur, and edge lighting, the game runs at a rock solid 60fps.

You can change resolution in the main settings off the console, under the TV connection. All games will play in the resolution selected.

Does that mean that BB can go past 30 fps?

Oh please, after you buy disc with console game you still need to log in, check your shit, download updates, patches and so on, since game never run perfectly on launch day.
There is no benefit of "plug and play" anymore. Not since PS3 era. In fact you need to fiddle around less on PC now.

If they say something for marketing, then they have to follow through even if it's just barely true.
>It'll play at 1080p/60fps for 10 seconds while connected to the cleanest power source imaginable, in a vat of liquid coolant at 2 degrees kelvin, and sacrificing 50 virgins
Just take it with a grain of salt and cut the resolution back if necessary. It sucks if you expect them to be honest, so expect them to lie about everything.

That's probably reasonably close to actual value of the hardware.

AFAIK, BB is hardlocked at 30FPS. That I'm not 100% on.

Yeah, the base i3 was $225, which for some stores is the price of the CPU and motherboard essentially. Plus it has a Wifi card, a GPU, HDD, 4GB of RAM, and a controller. The best deal was the i5 for like $275, though. The i7 was alright but kinda useless given it's a low power version, so you might as well stick to the i5 and avoid the throttling.

When I got Bloodborne, I decided not to wait for the updates and to just play the game. It worked just fine. When the PSN eventually goes down for good, I'll still be able to play it. If the internet just goes out temporarily, I can still play it. When my PS3 got the YLOD, the only games I couldn't just pop back in the new system and play like nothing happened were the digital ones. Physical matters.

You can also download game updates and install them from usb iirc, and goty editions are on the layest update.

The pc version always being the best is a terrible meme and has never been true. Pc has had the theoretical best version, through sheer numbers potential, but few developers utilize it.

Do you imply I'm not able to play whatever the fuck games I want on PC at any time too?
Nigga physical copies are just plastic to begin with.
1. Torrent game
2. Burn to DVD
3. PHYSICAL COPY

Naturally that doesn't apply to online games that rely on servers and shit. Like Exsteel.

That's a fact though. There are many games you cannot play.

Name a few?
As far as I know Scott Pilgrim game, PS3 exclusive, is unreachable even to those who still has physical PS3, despite being single player game with local co-op.
I can't come with any similar cases for PC though.

Fucking bullshit extreme.
I have it on my fucking ps3 you fucking nigger and i can still play online you fucking rumour spreading nigger

But can you get one if you didn't buy it when it was available? I don't think you can.
You also seems a bit agitated, calm down boy.

I may have considered buying one at that price point and upgrading the storage to solid state if I didn't already have a good build. Now if only valve could convince the faggot devs to make linux ports. It's getting better, but it's still frustrating.