What is objectively the hardest video game ever made?

what is objectively the hardest video game ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/the-15-hardest-video-games-ever/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dark Souls.

:^)

My dick

Post pics

telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/the-15-hardest-video-games-ever/

good rhythm games

/thread

This bad boy.

The NES version of G&G was even harder due to poor programming by a shitty dev that Capcom hired for that version, look it up.

/thread

On a serious note, most all discussions of difficulty I've ever seen devolve into genre fanboyism and laughably bad understanding of game mechanics. It can certainly be entertaining to say the least.

I heard it was because they based the port on the code for an unfinished version of the game.

Nah, the dev company responsible for that version only made turds.

make sure to pre-order the sequel today

This bastard child of Satan is a top contender. The original japanese arcade version to be specific, every other release was made much easier.
It's saying something that they recalled this game so early because of how hard it was. Considering the standards of games in the 80's, that's an achievement. However, the bosses are piss water in comparison to the levels. And there's an easy mode, but that kind of defeats the purpose. That's about all the leeway you get.

My fucking nigger.

Contra for the NES

Nah, it was pretty easy compared to Super C.

Back to the Future 3 was harder than any of these weak faggot games - and even that wasn't anywhere near the hardest game.

Back to the Future 2 on the C64 was harder still.
Yet wasn't the hardest.

There are thousands of more difficult games. None will ever be listed here.

Both were easy compared to Hard Corps.

Monty on the Run for the C64 was even more tricky - and required near perfection for dozens of hours.

Old games were generally aiming towards impossibility to extend play-time.

I hear you, this shit was hard.

In terms of ZX Spectrum games Dizzy is not hard. I give that title to Manic Miner but I'm sure others would disagree.

I wish the "git gud" spouting faggots that wank about Dark Souls being difficult would get the fuck out of Monster Hunter, they've gotten prevalent enough that even Monster Hunter Generations is spouting the whole git gud bit, even if to make fun of those faggots for being unhelpful and simultaneously make me cringe from putting a meme into the translation.

t. Longsword user that keeps sweeping teammates and gets told to git gud.

dont you know user? the LS needs to always attack the head now because he has a weakness exploit/crit boost/CE+2 set

No, user, I'm a proud Dual Blades learner I'm a filthy Charge Blade pleb but I'm learning to love DB after ignoring them in Freedom Unite in favor of the S&S

A game with a cartridge encrusted with DIAMONDS!

Casual

Super Casual

This is one is legitimately hard depending on the route you choose (especially if you're going for a deathless run), but Brad Fang is OP'ed as fuck.

Super Contra (the arcade original) on the hardest setting is legitimately tough as well.

Yeah but the arcade original has less stages and ugly washed out looking pixel art

I always thought Ray was, as he gets the homing bullet powerup. What makes Fang OP?

Brogief pls go

Correction, Battletoads in co-op.

It's actually impossible in that mode, so I guess you win by default.

They're completely different games though. The stages in the Arcade Contra games hardly resemble their NES counterparts and there are bosses exclusive to both versions of the game. Even the way power-ups work in Super Contra is nothing like Super C.

The Exploding Punch (his B Weapon) can kill most bosses. His D Weapon (the Psycho Blaster) can also be devastating when fully charged.

I've more respect for the Lance than you.

your moms dick

Even if it wasn't glitched at the last stage I would still wager that it would be nigh impossible to beat in two player mode.

What version is glitched? The NES one? Im pretty sure that i completed the Genesis one as a kid on CoOp

Also after half an hour of trial and error, i managed to clear the first stage of GnG (NES) and it wasn't that hard. It's all about memorizing were the enemies spawn and sharp reflexes.

Yes. Player two is unable to move on the final stage.
I really don't know anything about the Genesis version so I can't compare but on the NES the both players shared a common bank of lives and they can harm each other with their attacks. That's on top of the game itself being extremely unforgiving, especially on the racing stages. You would need two players that are in perfect sync with one another to make any kind of progress.

you make it sound like a quick time event

Is that a real series? Please be real series.

Rather than finding the hardest game I'm more interested in ranking games by their difficulty.
Take the NES.
Kirby ← Super Mario Bros. → Mega Man(series) → Castlevania → Ninja Gaiden → Ghost 'n Goblins
Agree or Disagree?

Ninja Gaiden (especially 3) is naturally harder than Ghosts n Goblins, at least the american release. What makes GnGreally hard is that you have to play it twice.

Yeah that's pretty rough for a NG game.
What about NG 1 and 2 though? More or less forgiving than GnG?

You need to emphasize WHICH version.

Your pic related? Yeah that's the good hard shit.

Japanese version has 3 hits to a life, with multiple lives..

Bosses die really, really easily. Stages are the only hard part.

Kirby's Adventure's actually decently hard, a great deal harder and far less forgiving than any other Kirby game. I'd say KA's harder than the first SMB.

Not when hammers exist. Kirby also gets 6 health points, frequent power-ups, and continues without cheating. The only hard part is the boss rush because you fight all 9 bosses on one health bar.

Man, if only there was a hackrom that made a Kirby game hard.

Well of course Hammer is ez mode, but it still follows a rule no Kirby game has since where you get hit once and your power goes away. I'm pretty sure the ability star bounces a considerably larger distance away from you than it does in later games to boot, so it's harder to get your shit back if you're not in a small room.

6 HP could actually go either way since more recent ones go with considerably more health or giving a health bar and following an HP syste, so unlike later stuff where you can get tapped with contact-damage and you're barely hurt any contact damage will hurt just as hard as getting suplexed by the beetle.

Kirby will never be hard, KA is one of the easiest NES games by a loooooong shot.

Probably because it's actually long enough to not really need to be jawcrushingly difficult like a lot of other games of the era did to extend playtime.

Not really, its because the Kirby brand was created for the younger players.

That helps, I do remember Kirby was pretty much designed as a beginner's game. Though if KA was easy and short I doubt it'd get all the fanfare it did and does.

its a shame kirby hackroms never really took off.

pirated copy of serious sam 3

Winrar.

Aren't some of the bullet hell shmups harder?

It's the second to last stage, so player 2 can kill himself, then start up again in 2 player mode on the final level. Technically it's still beatable in 2p mode. There's videos of it online.

this is the only correct answer.

Here's a later level of Dustforce. Levels just prior to it are almost just as hard and the ones past it extend the bar in difficulty about twice as far save a few levels. in order to advance in this game you can't die once during the entire level and you can't drop a combo while not missing a scrap of mess.

Hardest game ever? Probably not. But I think the amount of people to SS every official level in the game is a fractional of 1%.