Aliens: Colonial Marines Templar

moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul

you gotta love it when a modder puts more work into fixing a game than the developer. I highly recommend people who were horribly let down by Colonial Marines to give this a try.

Will it work on a pirated version? I remember some mods for Far Cry 3 for example only worked on purchased copies, and there's no way I'm byuing this shit.

If you're gonna shill your mod, you could at least had a fucking video with it in action.

I don't know. I couldn't get it to work on a pirated version initially so I just spent the 7 bucks, but I also didn't update the pirated version so that may fix it.

also, there's only a few videos I can find of it and none seem that good. One is from Jim Cuckling. I guess this one is okay.

There's no way in hell anyone here is gonna shell out even 7 bucks for Cuckbox.

I wouldn't blame them. I figured this would be more for the people who got burned the first time around and bought into the hype.

Do we gotta buy shit that is the base game?

I am still waiting for my "Colonial Marines Technical Manual", turn based X-COM spiritual sequel.

Why is no one making this?

be more sad that the Obsidian RPG based on the EU was cancelled due to Gearbox screwing the pooch.

X-COM or nuCOM like?

X-COM of course, nuCOM is a travesty.

yep but imagine that stealth mechanic from xcom2 but reversed. The xenos would get it instead of you

It can't fix the story.

This wound still hasn't healed.

7 bucks or not, you're still a faggot

I have more in mind something like Space Hulk than X-COM considering how corridor based it would likely be.

Huh. A few weeks ago I wondered if someone had made a mod for the game or an overhaul. But besides that this makes the game look presentable at best.

Should just let the damn thing fade away.

Okay I bought it. If this is some shitty ass meme I probably deserved it

Just make sure you choose the hardest difficulty in both the game and in the mod setup.

I can attest the mod works on a pirate version, I'm using Prophet's collector edition release. Problem is there isn't much to save in the game in the first place. The work Templar did is mostly in lightning, make aliens faster/stronger and weapons balance so it's not that things look better, they're just better disguised.

ACM did have a few strong points but to make anything out of it, you'd have to start from scratch. Still, gotta give credit to where it's due, the mod is great work for one guy.