ITT: objectively good games

Starting with pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Goku Makai-mura Kai was one of the last great games by Capcom. Its an enhanced version of UGnG, they actually listened to the fans and fine tuned the game, its perfect now.

My niggers of taste

Man Crimson Skies was so good. It was the only game I thought of when I heard the XBOX online servers were getting shut down

I recognize that artist.

Famed hentai artist Satoshi Uruishihara. In Japan he is known as "The King of Breasts". I'm not sure how he ended up doing the art for the Growlanser and Langrisser games.

Same dude who did the character art for Plastic Little? Picked the fuck up.

Man, that was the last skateboarding game I ever played and it was fucking rad.
I've also heard good things about THUG2, but I've never actually bothered with it.

Do you honestly want modern nintendo to touch the series? Do you want it to be filled with casual pandering and amiibos?

At least fucking put Ray01 in sm4sh instead of FUCKING RYU. Or hell, make it VC and add online mode. Same could be said about F-Zero GX.

Speaking of which, how are emulators with online gameplay?

Well I know the best way to play Capcom Vs SNK 2 online is the gamecube version plus Mario Kart Double Dash, Animal Crossing City Folk and Tatsunoko vs Capcom have small online communities going on through emulation, so I don't see why Custom Robo wouldn't be possible.

Sakurai hinted that he's working on either a mecha game or a game involving robots.

That's a really cute guy

Am I gay user?

It's a girl.

Thank fuck

its shit

Easily the worst section of the game, but the everything after that makes up for it, easily.

Chapter 3 and the train chapter easily made up for it

i agree, it's tedious, but the artstyle of that area at least keeps you interested

Totally, it's a shame it all went down the shitter after TTYD though.

At least people have good taste. I don't think I've seen a game here that isn't high quality, enjoyable, a legitimate challenge, etc. Even the games that I don't enjoy are not for lack of quality I'm not a fan of more open-world games, so games like Animal Crossing aren't my preference, but I have a lot of respect for the game and anyone who enjoys it

Today I will remind them.

Why did Iwata have to go while Shiggy Diggy is still alive?

Aw shit, Joy Mech Fight 2 niggas!

Eh really? But thats a fighting game with megaman elements.

Holy shit, I officially fucking hate Fagamoto now.

It was an alright platformer with light RPG elements.

Take your shit taste back to the toilet and flush this time.

It's better than literally every 3d Zelda.

In what regards?

In the regards it was available for the system I owned at the time

I think that game really overstayed its welcome. It stops introducing meaningfully new mechanics half way through, but continues to go on for another 15-20 hours.

I think a lot of the games praise is due to its art style - which is admittedly amazing, but graphics don't make a game - and the fact that if you grew up a Sony kid, you your choice of decent action adventure games was extremely meager.

Fuck you, user. Custom Robo as we both know it from the GameCube version properly ends with Rahu and MC eventually fucking Marcia with that blazing sexual tension building up the entire game.

It can't be hurt by anything, most of all Shitendon't.

It's a shame, it could have been right up my alley.

pic related

this is why the term sonyigger exists.

What made the first Spyro so good?

Variety

A lot of elements. Even just in the color use department there was a lot of thought put in.

that's like saying subjectively green.

Obligatory post.

Was it after the Z raid on the lab? I forget.

But user, color IS subjective. I could see black as yellow, and yellow as black and we would never know.

What are some games that Holla Forums likes, but normal fags hate?
I'm thinking LISA. It was fucking garbage, but Holla Forums seems to worship it for whatever reason.

Sorry user, but that game has a huge oversight: Doing double tap grinds resets your balance meter and absolutely broke Street skating.
The story and levels are still top tier though, so if you want the game but balanced, check out THUGPro.

I'm talking about postgame.

She's the last opponent you face in the highest tournament if I remember correctly.

Oh, that's not even the worst of it.

WHY DID YOU FUCKING REMIND ME

I didn't think it was bad.

Postal, Risen, most Nipponese games.

OP fails right out the gate

Is that tumblr vomit girl?

I wanted to rage harder, but even in that angry moment I was laughing. White ended up being one of the best jokes in Paper Mario for me.

I can't even remember what happened with him?

It wasn't too bad TBH.
and backtracking in the third level has the purpose of revisiting an area and nobody recognizes you, and the forest actually becomes dangerous when mario is alone

General White's backtracking is not much either if you're not retarded and use the sewer tube shortcuts.

Looks like a PM autist got triggered.

Fuck off.

No need to be #triggered son.

user, please explain to me why Custom Robo is considered good. I feel like this is one of those cases where most people haven't even played the game and just parrot what's considered to be the tasteful opinion (and I don't think it's just nostalgia because I don't remember it being very popular at the time). I played it and my impressions were:

- Very simplistic combat with limited movement options (like a much simpler version of the Naruto/DBZ games or the 3D mode of Pokken is what it reminded me of)

- Forced knockdowns with an invulnerability period every couple of moves (this seemed ridiculous to me and like a way to work around a fundamentally bad combat system)

- Limited customization (only 5 parts per robot, hardly the autistic jamboree I was expecting)

- Nothing special, notable, charming, or intriguing about the setting/story

Admittedly, I didn't play too far into it, but what's the reason for the hype?

Also Super Paper Mario is the best PM game and none of the others can even compare. Cutting out the tedious, boring combat and leaving the fun and humor? Yes please.

I think he's called General White because his shell is made of sodium chloride.

That word is old and busted, you got to say "activated" now. You know, like when you activate your almonds.
You have to go back.

Learn to follow post backlinks retard.

Lol triggered

JUST BECAUSE UBOACHAN EXISTS AND TUMBLRFAGGOTS LIKE IT DOESNT MEAN ITS TUMBLR GARBAGE

That sounds like the name of a guro imageboard except guro artists can't draw

Forgot to add: OG Thief 1 is objectively good, Gold is more controversial.

Why? I have Gold on Steam and i want to play it.

Why is gold the controversial one?

Why user? Why?

No. Rockstar has never made a good game

I'm curious too, I also haven't played Thief but I'd like to and until now I was going to play Gold. What exactly is wrong with it?

What's the problem here?

While I don't necessarily think you're wrong, it's the best at what it does as far as Nintendo's library goes. In the same way that Smash is Nintendo's fighting game, Custom Robo fills a niche. The only other thing in it is Gotcha Force, really, but that's also a dead IP.
As for why it could be considered good, that's subjective. I enjoyed the game on account of the writing, to be honest. The soundtrack has definitely gotten better with time, too.
The best part of the game is the endgame, by the way, but if you're already so sick of it that you'd draw up a list on a Kazakhstani botanical gardening board you'd just be wasting your time.

Here's a blogpost about Custom Robo from Noise:

Three weeks from now, this post will have been made 4 years ago.

How is Bully bad?

Why?

Where's our answer you fucking nigger.

I disagree with this analogy. Super Smash Bros. (particularly Melee and 64, not so much Brawl and Tr4sh) is a legitimately good, complex, and unique fighting game series, standing up perfectly well to the likes of Street Fighter and Tekken. But I'm not sure what niche Custom Robo is filling. It's certainly not even in the top 10 of third-person shooters or free-roaming 3D fighters (of which it is definitely closer to the latter). Is there anything about the fundamental game mechanics that you like? It seems like a painfully simple game to me.

They made the hero a self insert protagonist who gets the hot chick because they know that you are a self-inserting weeb faggot who will never ever fug a sensitive and beautiful girl like Marcia

I have only played Custom Robo on the Gamecube. As this user said the meta game of Custom Robo is amazing. You might think that 5 parts only is a letdown, and there might be games that I am anaware of that does this gameplay better, but for me, the game is very great from the tactics you employ. Sending torpedos, trapping opponents via bombs and then using your main gun when you finally corner the opponent, its just great. Not to mention, you have to watch the enviornment and use it to your advantage.

Forced knockdown is actually a great way of employing tactics, too. Risking it in order to cancel the opponent's main weapon is a great move.

Also, you hate the story? Come on, it is great, although a bit childish, but how can you dislike Ernest or Harry?

Overall, I believe that you played the game with lots of hype, hated its surface since you played it a little instead of exploring its deep gameplay. Have you tried playing with a friend? Or hell, four people? My fucking relatives would rather play LoL and they claim this game is too complicated just for them to put the parts and understand em.

Apologies for the delay, I was asleep. Thief Gold added some new missions and changed some existing ones. Many did not like these changes. If you're playing it new just go with Gold + TFix ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733

Bully was made by Rockstar Vancouver, a studio which shared a name with Rockstar North but not much else. I posted the original game because the Scholarship edition swapped to the Gamebryo engine despite otherwise being superior.

To add to this: in my opinion the only truly shitty change was the addition of Thieves' Guild which interrupts the flow of the early game and could easily piss off new players with the mazelike tunnels and backtracking. Also if you're playing it new be aware the game cuts out content and objectives for the lower difficulties. Play it on Expert or at least Hard for a full experience.

All of those are wrong.

Hownew.ru

Are you retarded or just autistic?

Undertale

Wew

I honestly got about halfway through the game and gave up because I didn't like it.

Border Down on Dreamcast is pretty legit, don't think anyone could knock it unless they just absolutely hate space shooters.

HOLY SHIT

Last decent Harvest Moon game

So much about this post is shit opinions and faggotry.

Just fuck off.

Technically the Rune Factory entries are Harvest Moon games, though.

but that's Rune Factory (its own seires) I'm talking about games that have HARVEST MOON in their title

kys

Fun, but horrible tedious and unfinished. If it was released today with the promises that it made, "dynamic economy, ext." it would get slammed.

You mean like, say, just spitballing here, "Rune Factory: A Fantasy HARVEST MOON"?

it's amazing how Nintendo fanboys will defend anything they do no matter what, just looking at the comments makes me want to punch those faggots.

Thus game unless that obnoxious autistic faggot that always writes 3 full tl;dr posts about Quake 2 comes along. (Quake 2 is shit by the way)

Yo my nigga Geist is dank as fuck.

Shit, up until On Tour the entire series is outstanding.

ooo, edgelord thinking I'm trying to be cool on an anonymous basketweaving forum.
This is what mental retardation looks like

Are you talking about yourself?

1 and 2 are good. 3 is okay but it's too short, plus it's a lot more surface level than 1 or 2, and it isn't as mysterious as the original.

May i suggest a game similar to this one? Lack of Love for the Dreamcast

I hated Pikmin 2. The cave system was terrible, and there was a lot of blatant rehashing (one of the worlds was just a retextured version of one of the first game's worlds).

I liked 2 more than 1 funny enough. I thought it was a lot more fun from a combat perspective although I do raise an eye at how many of the later bosses were just different type of spider-like enemies.

Best game of 2014.

I appreciated the cave system, it added a lot to the playtime. But the main reason I prefer 2 over 1 is because of DEEPEST LORE and also the DLC where you gotta rescue Louie

Don't be so angry user. Or did you get exposed?

I don't hate the story. I barely played into it really. Also I've only played it single player.

Just on a basic level I just don't see how it could compare in complexity/depth to other free-roaming fighters and/or third person shooters, but I guess it does operate in sort of a hybrid space between the two.

I will grant though that you all seem to genuinely enjoy it and it's not just a meme. Let me ask you though: did you discover it as a kid, or after? Also, do you participate in the small competitive scene?

Yeah, I only discovered the GC game as a kid. However, I recently replayed it and have unlocked all the robots and parts. I sadly have no one to play with and my country barely have wiiu owners let alone GC. Is that what you meant by competitive scene? Local or online Dolphin? I never played it competitively.

Kill yourself.

You need to go back.

Is little baby upset because Super Paper Mario made him do a little bit of actual platforming and took away his QTE-fest disguised as an RPG?