Platinum games suck ass

Yes they do. They have complex combo systems, movesets that make your eyes water, and then they give you enemies that do little more than stand around scratching their dicks and occasionally clumsily paw at you. Also some enemies that shoot at you.

You can finish most platinum games by mashing the light attack button and sometimes dodging/jumping.

All their games offer you a lot, but never require you to use most of it. This is why platinum games sell like crap. DMC was their only game that required you to go beyond basic mashing (although very ham-fistedly with the style meter) and that was their most successful franchise.

Also, recently they have taken to making their protagonists look ultra gay and feminine, just to ensure they have no appeal to anyone with a Y chromosome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4VQrSHgt8EM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucking up so hard in the very beginning is sure way to make nobody read your shit to the end.
At least you got dubs, congratulations.

Sorry, I forgot they sometimes DASH omg!

play actual platinum game sometime

Other than the wii ones, I played them all. I'm talking about the man sized enemies here.

Why is cuckchan coming here?

Listen mate, the more you deny that platinum games are little more than fancy musou games the harder it will be for you to handle the inevitable flop of nier automata.

Platinum games don't sell very well and there is a reason for it. All those fancy moves you can do are there purely to amuse you, and are not necessary. Also shit character designs.

This is a nice enough bait so I'll bite it.
PG games lets you spam LA/HA to chew through the game on easy or normal mode, doesn't mean they're shit. That just means their games have a low skill floor.
Take Revengeance for example, sure, you can mash LA and HA through and through, but try fighting Mr. Colgate and Unfuckable Senator on harder difficulty without dodging and parrying and you'll get fucked in the ass. And aside from LA and HA spamming, you can chain/timing them to perform combos. Hell, you can probably go through the entire DMC3 with Million Stab alone, doesn't mean it's shit, and the same applies here.
Raiden is the only faggy character from PG barring Korra whom they have no control over

WTF who knew that a game existed to provide enjoyment? I guess platinum games really do suck!

I mean the regular enemies you fight you fuckers.

Not Vergil vs Dante or something.

Absolutely hard gay.
She looks like a "gay icon" if you don't know what I mean, she's basically Sex and the City in video game form.
Ok, vanquish had a cool smoking armored hero. Notice how kamiya had nothing to do with that one.
All hard gay. Game flopped hard.
Yup. Flopped.
Looking like gay power rangers, yes. Flopped.
Korra is one of their cooler looking protags. Flopped.
licensed. Flop.
licensed. Flop.
licensed. Flop.
A girl in a pretty puffy dress. If you wanna play as that, you are gay. Flop.

Listen, all of their protags other than the licensed ones, plus Dante and Vanquishman were repulsive to anyone who isn't into gay anime shit.

fucking pleb
youtube.com/watch?v=4VQrSHgt8EM

So you're an obnoxious retard.

Good to know.

user, you are supposed to do it softly with subtlety.

Actually Kora's visual design is one of very few things that shitty not-anime did right.

Yeah but it being on Korra does ruin it beyond repair.

Unless you are into mind break and hatesex i mean.

korra a shit, toph a best

As a character she's pretty shit, but that's writers' fault. They decided to throw all her development away for no reason. I liked lesbo ending though

I hated that bitch so much. She isn't cute, she's fucking annoying midget. I don't remember names, but water girl was the best girl.

Holy shit. I dislike platinum, but this got a good laugh out of me. Taste is subjective, why do people go around parading their own taste of "THE ONE AND RIGHT ONE"

Double-digit IQs belong on Reddit, I'm actually disgusted.

The regular enemies are not the main focal point of the genre you fucking retard. That's like complaining about normal enemies in RPG being shitty fillers enemies.
Is there anything not gay to you? Do you sustain your life function through gay power?

Where did you pull your definition of "flop" from? Your ass? It sold 300k copies in Japan on the first week alone. It was the second best-selling title of its week, topping Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3. Do those flop too?
It flopped because it's on WiiU you dense fucking retard.
Licensed titles have been flopping most of the time since the 90s, nothing to do with characters.
MadWorld doesn't even have anything to do with anime stylization you dumb shit. Holy fuck this went from okay bait to completely fucking obvious. Kill yourself and delete your thread.

What? This not girly enough for you fgt?

If you want to look at tits there's better ways than a video game.

Then the genre is fundamentally shit and won't sell ever. Normal enemies in RPGs beat the shit out of you at their specific levels. Like when you die to the rats or wolves in baldurs gate. They all have a purpose.

And here I thought thinking you were trying to ruse me. You're actually just fucking retarded.

You have no idea about low level dnd do you? Fuck off with your low level trolling.

Good thing we're talking about RPGs in general and you're not backpedalling so that you're only referring to your specific branch of DnD style gameplay RPGs, right?

You're the one moving goalposts and backpedalling.

In my original post I point out that it's STANDARD ENEMIES that are boring to fucking fight in platinum games and they were listing boss fights likeidiots who cannot fucking read. And then you tell me that RPGs have throw away enemies, I tell you about a good RPG that doesn't, baldurs gate, that slaughters you early game if you fuck up.

Fucking imbecile, get out of here. Read the argument or don't join in.

Wait what? Are you implying that DnD games aren't RPG?
Are you fucking implying plat games are RPGs?

Definitely talks like a retard.

Katara.

revengeance is a horrible fucking example because i plowed through that mashing forward+attack since that made you automatically parry anything coming your way while attacking if nothing was. only thing that was remotely a challenge in that game was armstrong and even then it was just adding in the odd dodge. By far one of the easiest fucking games I've played and its probably the easiest platinum game and worst choice you could have made for saying they have any difficulty

Solid post, OP. You must have missed the thread where most of the board lined up to give Kamiya blowjobs on his 'excellent game design.' Have a bump

Will RLM youtube memelobbying eventually cause Vanquish to be ported to PC?

Nice dubs user.

The appeal of the genre is the challenge and to show off user. That genre is niche for a reason, not everybody is willing to put the time and effort to get good at those games not to mention having the creativity to come up with combos and shit.

Those games don't sell that good because the games are:

1) Shamelessly ridicuolus and that's part of their appeal. Most people can't handle cuhrayzee

2) Very japanese

3) Require a lot of time, effort and manual dexterity to be competent at them and then some if you want to be able to look flashy.

4) For most people, there's little reason to improve beyond the point where you've beaten the game "completly" (something we can agree on). If you get really good at these games the most you can do is post videos on YT or something. The games themselves lack challenges or incentives to make you go above and beyond, in fact beating the harder difficulties it's more an exercise in breaking the game's limits to achieve the time and style requirements.

So do you actually play on hard difficulty settings?

Its not cuckchan, it's actual halfchan

user do you have any enjoyment in life at all? Or do you just come to shitpost?

I hate female protags aswell because I like to self-insert. But calling dmc shit was going a little too far, so here's your (You).

I hope you realize that Holla Forums IS cuckchan nowadays.

To me P*'s games are a lot like Crash Bandicoot/Spyro The Dragon. If you play it just to complete it you'll probably not enjoy it and call it shit, but if you're going for 100% completion then the game shows its true self.