So should I buy their game after they do this?

gamerant.com/arma-buyers-pirates-degrade-mole-117398/

archive.fo/upodO

So should I buy their game after they do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-64-bit-executables
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you answered your own question

There's no way they know this as a fact. They're bullshitting out their ass for sympathy and/or marketing.

If they could accurately tell the difference between a legit copy and a illegal copy then there wouldn't any pirate players playing to begin with. Even if this DEGRADE could tell the difference, there isn't a system in the world that a clever man can't break. This does nothing but bloat the filesize for legitimate customers which is a cock move.

This is just empty posturing in front of buyfags and/or investors. Nothing more, nothing less. Ignore it like the garbage story it is.

I don't know, should you? If the developers look like assholes, don't. If they mess around players, don't. If they make shitty games, don't. That's my ruleset, don't know what rules you have but you should have them and you should be following them.

Why are you linking a 5 year old article?

AFIK they never actually did this, I have a couple of thousand hours in ARMA 3 and have never heard of this.

ROFL

5 year old article

So if in the multiplayer aspect they want you to believe that only 3 of 100 players are legit, and single player is worse, they want you to believe, assuming there claims extend to the present day, that there are over 16 million people playing arma 3 in the last two weeks. I know my working is probably flawed considering the article is 5 years old, but it's unlikely that the player base has gone up since then.

Firebombs going there first tbqh lads

DEGRADE has been around since OFP. It's incredibly easy to bypass, causes all kinds of actual bugs for legitimate users, and requires a physical disk (I didn't know ARMA3 even had a physical release).

Who on earth thinks that the single-player mode in ArmA is more than just a script testing area?

Considering their DLC policy, fuck no. Quite literally if you are near anyone that has DLC equipment, even if you don't have it yourself this shit will appear on your screen and it happens in the middle of fucking firefights!

And mind you its all fucking expensive. ARMA3 stayed 60 dollars for 2 years. It's 12 bucks for a handful of sniper rifle bipods and laser designators. 1/5th the price of the game for no new factions, no new maps, just a couple rifles and gay-llie suits to camouflage yourself fucking dudes in the bushes. It's a game that relies heavily on its community to actually come up with content and its disgusting how Judaic Bohemia is in principal. Then again, they sold a mod for their game for 30 bucks are then did absolutely nothing with it.

BI can't decide if they are going to be good to the community or complete cunts, on one hand they have great post release support and release updates so huge it would traditionally be a sequal while at the same time making shit like the carts and sniper DLC which are a ripoff.

I think they will go full jew over the next few years as BI was sold to an investment group.

There's something deeply unsettling about that guy's face.

maybe he's related to the fine bros

He was caught ordering his subscribers to vote Hillary, if that helps.

Caught by who? Is it really a crime for a youtuber to say "you should vote for X"? The mainstream media seems to have no issue saying "X person is terrible, Y person is great" without ever being charged with anything.

This is amazing more games should implement this feature!!

You might as well buy Skyrim, you faggot

Same old story

You mean, he was PMing his subs on the sly or something? Or do you mean a video endorsement? You can't really fault a guy for making his political opinion known. Did he do it in a cucked way?

That's not even 100 people, it's 100 attempts. Way to misread a statistic

BIS are incompetent fuckwits who made Arma 3 using an engine from the fucking nineties. To give you an idea of how goddamn dated it is, bolt action rifles (there's only one in the base game) have no animation for cycling the bolt. Oh an all the AI calculations run on a single thread so gl hf running co-op missions with any meaningful resistance unles you're a literal wizard running several other machines to offload AI onto.

No, no should not buy this game.

You can do this?

Yes, there are headless clients you can run connected to a dedicated server which allow better performance. It's only typically important when there's hundreds of enemies at one time, even on my i5-3470 it can handle plenty of AI before stuff starts breaking.

Because they're too fucking dumb to have properly animated it. IFA3 focuses on bolt action rifles and has proper animations for cycling the bolt.

It's been improved to four threads over the past year among other optimizations. I can run an entire Liberation server off of a 5 year old CPU.

My clan runs headless clients, it allows our missions to have hundreds of AI while offloading all those far from players.
I highly recommend it for air-cavalry as you can always have a hot LZ without having the server bogged down with 500 AI the whole time.

Do you at least do recon or scouting at all? Our clan is mostly Scout Snipers, for us running in hot is almost always a no-no.

Always and if there is more than one bird they orbit providing fire support. We run no respawn with ACE medical so everyone plays it pretty safe but we do hot LZ air-cav once in awhile because it's so fun.

While it's nice to finish a mission with zero casualties it's also nice to finish with only 5 of 50 men still up every now and them.

Why hasn't anyone bothered to port over the older Battlefield games to ARMA as a mod?

Probably because Project Reality is a thing.

Just a reminder that this thread was started with an article that is FIVE YEARS OLD

Its the jewish nose and beady eyes.

Why don't they work on optimizing there fucking game.

They are… finally… after fucking years.
dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-64-bit-executables

That makes sense if you have enough people. Typically our missions involve having scouts moving close to the combat area, recon everything important, take out any enemies or objects if needed and then evac out while the infantry squads are deployed. Ours focuses on strategies that work for low manpower and little to no vehicle support so quality infantry is important.

Article is 5 years old.

Our turnout varies greatly from 20 to 50 week to week so we generally have multiple CQB objectives and a major well defended objective so no matter the turnout it will work.

We are pretty good at QCB but really need to improve our pilots as there are only 3 I would trust to get 20 men into a hot LZ alive. We are introducing a new training program this year so hopefully that works out well.

What a load of listen and believe shit.
Maybe they should actually flesh out their game instead of just doing just a graphical update.

It still has less content than 2 and the content it has is no thanks to the devs.

However, although it is true the support for 64-bit has yet to hit our Main Branch, we decided to give you all at least something as a small appetizer. Starting with Update 1.66, when run on 64-bit Windows, 32-bit Arma 3 will be able to effectively work with more than just 2 GB of memory. The current limit has been increased to 3 GB. Magic, yay!

That's a nice figure you gotz there…

I just played the pirated version. The campaign is bugged as fuck

That's not even close to fully optimizing that pile of shit. Even the rendering pipeline consumes a shit ton of CPU and a good chunk of the GPU is still left unused, even when FPS is dipping.
Not properly using ram and being stuck on 32-bit was just the most noticeable fuck up.

They should make use of Vulkan API.

Stop fucking triggering me.

Is there any modded single player aspect to it where there’s a fuckton of bot enemies and allies and you run grand campaigns or whatever? If there is, I’m pirating it just to spite them and play it a bit.

I fucking wasted money buying all the ArmA games. I thought they'd be interesting and tacticool, but they run like dogshit.

That reminds me, does anyone know the name of that WWII MMORPG which:
1. exists at ½ scale and takes place in the north of France, Lowlands, and western Germany
2. has apparently been around for decades and still gets updates
3. is free
I just want to give it a go and dick around on my own in the countryside for fun’s sake.

Ehhh, Vulkan isn't quite there yet. Great stuff, but it needs more development.
If they fucked up so much while sticking to the upgraded version of the same API they were using for so long, imagine how bad it would be if the swapped to something considerably different. Mind you, Dx12 wouldn't be a lot better either.

In two, you had the armory mod, which was pretty much randomly generated mini-missions that went from goat hunting to staying alive while an attack helicopter and a platoon was coming after your ass. It was broken as fuck, but somehow very enjoyable for me, a lot of the time were getting fucked left and right, but even when you lost under really unfair conditions, trying to make it was still enjoyable.

ARMA 3 doesn't come with that, but you do have like 3 different big projects for randomly generated missions, each one with different scopes and intended proposes, but that could still fill the void left by armory.
I couldn't bring myself to play a lot of ARMA 3 for some reason, but it might be worth looking into it.

Don't remind me.

And why does it even matter if people pirate your game? Like who cares, it's not costing you money. All you need is enough support to pay the rent and keep making games. Just be happy gamers are enjoying your creation. Fucking sour grapes.

I'm looking to play some arma 3 actually.
Are there any recommended servers?

They went full jew with the DLC for ARMA 3 and I'm never giving them another dime. This shit is mobile game-tier.

I know what you're talking about, it's just called WWII Online I think