Nostalrius Part 5: My son edition

Nostalrius is a dank Vanilla 2000% Blizzlike Progressive Private Server that was up in the past and was resurrected on the 17th of December 2016.
Our Horde Guild has been playing on the Server before and will play again as soon as he is up.
There are 2 Realms currently available (PVP and PVE), we play on the PVP one.
You can find us on
>>>/nostalrius/
The New Hosts for the Server are the Devs of the well-known Elysium group with old Nost devs POTTU included.

elysium-project.org/play
Just follow the guide you pleb

Create a new Account and follow the Instructions here:
elysium-project.org/control
Keep in mind that you CANNOT merge both an old Elysium and Nostalrius account into this new one. You have to make a new account for each.

After typing out your password manually stop the process of going through and quickly change to another realm then back to realm your characters are in and you are in.

After paying entry fee of 10 gold you will be given an invite.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5leebn/i_think_i_want_to_form_a_left_wing_death_squad_now/
elysium-project.org/timeline
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17780
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17076
twitter.com/elysium_dev/status/816648869282988032?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
discord.gg/y3mpNcy
db.vanillagaming.org/
addons.us.to/addons
realmplayers.com/
joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TdTqUiDQ-wpHG2z58kLPMV1GJk5uIjIPL0InhRyyTY8/edit?pli=1#gid=406513443
pastebin.com/QrBjSV2D
8ch.net/v/res/11658494.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just wait for Crestfall.
Playing in nostalrius is masochism.

You know, you are probably right. With all the problems on their site, and the game itself that sounds like a good idea. I will still try to get in the nost guild though.

He did nothing wrong

You can play with us now and have fun, everyone is invited.

wouldn't that be more fitting for Garithos? I don't think many people see Uther in a bad light.

Can anyone add "Grimllock"? I am an aspiring undead warrior, and a guild sounds fun. Unless no one plays. The pvp server crashes so much.

Just wait for Corecraft.

just wait for hitler

ITT: Millenials pretend WoW was ever good while playing on a server that plays nothing like retail

>Our Horde Guild has been playing on the Server before and will play again as soon as he is up.
Invite Bovirus.

Pass through the door to the unknown.

Return to a nightmare.

Reminder to skip Blackfathom Deeps while leveling.

Also on my quest to obtain Banana Shirt i created a human warrior. Here's my experience of alliance
>Looking for 60s to deal with 16 level horde mind you there was no hidden rogue or druid behind
Forever the horde!

Weird, I'm in Westfall on my alliance toon and it's practically full Holla Forums when I was last on like 2 hours ago.

reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5leebn/i_think_i_want_to_form_a_left_wing_death_squad_now/

majority of former Silver Hand and Lordaeron view him in bad light and blame him for Arthas downfall which is correct.

do you mean in game? only thing I remember about him is his grave with a ghost for some paladin quest.

most of the quests or books ingame show him in bad light and blame him for Arthas (which is correct), his grave site was prob built by Stormwind Alliance while trying to take Lordaeron since it has a nelf guarding it

anybody feeling generous enough to explain how the fuck I get my old account back?
maybe i'm just being paranoid about their sperging about 'if you reuse an email address we will ban you' bullshit. Just looking to get my Tauren warrior back, he was in prime Zul'Farrak levels.

At least you didn't "transfer" your account only to get a sum total of 0 characters and zero support to match that.

nostalrius is currently completely abandoning elysium in terms of token generation, it might end up to never being able to restore old chars from nost sadly.

it's probably been hacked by chinks. they won't do anything about it.

Ill open a separate guild with no kikery when fresh start releases.

I'm pretty sure that's just a joke, autismo.

Yeah, the entry charge is 14 gold and 88 silver now.

The only bad parts about BFD are getting there (travel + outside > instance portal) and the fact that it takes at least 2 runs for everyone to complete the twilight pendant quest. If you have a good group, the place is super fucking fast and it has a lot of good drops for pretty much everyone. If you have a shitty group, it's a fucking nightmare and takes like an hour and you're gonna wipe to the double water elementals.

DEATH TO ELVEN SCUM
MAKE PvP GREAT AGAIN

Who's rolling on the fresh realm here?

I am, but I'm not joining the Holla Forums guild. Gnome Warlock, ho!

Gonna set up an Alliance guild over there so I can play a Pally. And because I'm not going to join the sperg from the last thread's guild because of his wondrous display.

I don't know if anyone is going Horde on fresh, because most people have their mains over on the original server. So you'd have to look around if you want to try them out.

why?

crestfall will come sooner than corecraft tbh
Then again wallowing in 15 year old content videogame that people have cleared a thousand times for many years is not really fun. Vanilla WoW is something you play with your friends or you don't have fun

Or you make friends while playing.

It's actually nice playing with people that are already familiar with the content. Much fewer shitters, and more people that actually know how to play their class.

I suppose it's easier for me because I personally haven't played WoW since 2007.

I just ripped off a chinese gold farmer for 100gp. I dont know how I feel about this.

No invites? or?

The joke is that corecraft is never coming out. The website went under and no one has heard from the devs in months.

I'm skeptical of these dream servers that promise horizons of perfectly scripted content. Crestfall might very well be a great server, it also might fold shortly after a disappointing launch like PlayTBC or never even come out like Corecraft. Don't put your eggs in these baskets.

whisper people in guild for invite

I don't. But I rather play something else than Nostalrius because the server is a fucking mess

Alright alright. I might wait till the new server

I'm Horny faggots

Boring.

When is the fresh-start? I have logged on a few times, on the PVP nost realms, but everything is always permacamped(even in the noob zones).

The fresh start is on Jan 7th

I just looked it up on the Elysium forums and was coming here to post it to save others the trouble.

Wait a minute, that ass…

who cares? it's gonna be run by the same faggots

Probably the guy asking for the date, fagtron.

The Fresh server is a huge fucking meme. You are literally signing up to compete with at least 10,000 other people while leveling, let alone how shitty stuff like STV is going to be. This assumes that it even runs on launch (it won't). Chink gold farmers are going to go into frenzy mode at the prospect of thousands of people leveling up with mount costs on the horizon and other expenses. Chinks are going to be botting and hacking around the clock, likely in triple the numbers they are right now.

Nevermind how grossly incompetent the Elysium team is, with dogs like Cuck King Pottu hanging around as well. The appeal of a fresh server is to experience content progressively.
elysium-project.org/timeline
Wew. Ony, MC, and UBRS for 3 months until DM. BWL is 7 months away. ZG is 10 months away. AQ is a year away.
I'm sure this overloaded server run by slavs who were given a core to merge into theirs will last that long (this server doesn't run pure Nost core, or their anti-cheat). WoW private servers are known for their endurance and stability.

If your rolling on fresh with long term prospects, you might actually be fucking retarded.

I had fun during the last PvE server launch on Nost.
Tanked the first rag kill.

Your 60's are done for, get over it.

Carebear detected. STV was the best part of leveling until people had fully geared 60s who were parked in the opposing factions bases/patrolling the zone. I can't wait to get multiple pvp ranks just from the constant ganking fuckfest that will ensue in every corner of that zone.
I do agree that the 10 thousand concurrent players will be absolutely horrid for leveling, but once you get out of the 20s, things should gradually lighten up a bit.

Crestfall better not be a meme, it's our only respite from Pottu and his legion of chinks.

I am. My buddy is gonna join too.

Top kek

What I find funny is they keep DM locked away when it was released in 1.3

they're doing nost's shitty "launch patches"

But why

prepare to get banned.

Haven't been banned so far, when does it kick in?

When Pottu finds out you treated a chink poorly.

the moment the chink who got scammed whines on the forums.

Nothing so far

I'm a level 19 Troll Hunter in the Barrens, what's my best choice for a pet?

Scorpid, they are tanky and they got poison which stacks up to 5.

Also you're going to be waiting months and months and months for new content to be released even if you don't rush to 60. Add extra weeks/months for it to actually be fixed (but never, ever actually blizzlike)
That's with their shitty progressive loot implementation btw, where entire questlines don't exist because they were added in a later patch, and your bis shoulder piece is a green with stam and spirit or just straight up removed because they can't find what it's original stats were.

Just so everyone knows what they're getting into.

don't forget stuff that actually is good like db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17780 getting nerfed for being "overpowered" while shit like db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17076 and broken glancing blows staying in.

fuck this server with a rake

Man elysium really turned out to be a turd.

Nost looked positively amazing in comparison.

here's the thing this IS nost. they're shooting themselves in the foot. Then again looking at crestfall they want to nerf shit because it's "unfair"

Elysium was actually pretty good about 3 months ago, at least compared to this shit and Kronos.

nice id

Only valid complaint is the pathing. The scripting was actually pretty good. Rend in UBRS was a million times better on Elysium than it is now.

A word of advice for anyone that's been waiting to roll until fresh launches: you are in for a lose/lose situation.

If you start on the fresh server, you will experience what described. It's going to be even worse than the PvP server upon launch. I still don't even know how I managed to level my mage past the starting area.

So, naturally, you will decide to re-roll on the older PvP server. Problem is: so will a ton of other people, so you'll be in for the exact same shit. All that, combined with an AH that's been drained of low-level activity for at least a couple days and BGs that are full of twinks.

I'm not even going to mention the insane ping you'll suffer through due to the inevitable 6+ concurrent DDOS attacks the server will experience upon launch.

Do yourself a favor: roll on the PvP server now and get leveling. Join the infinity guild to get help and support against the gook and goyim swarm; hell, we might even waive the 10g50s entrance fee if you're nice. I usually offer to give away any greens I find in guild chat before disenchanting. I've seen other members help lowbies out with runs, bags, pots, etc..

Join the PvP server TODAY so you can join TODAY so you can buy my copper bars on the AH TODAY!

mate you and I didn't play the same server did we?

Add Fearboners

Man, vanilla was pretty shit.

You don't have to talk to an NPC to join BG, my friend.

We sure as hell didn't. I did Rend multiple times and it worked perfect.

lame tbh

>Just wait for death

people didn't actually have faith in Everquest Next, did they?

Apparently some people actually thought that shit would be good.

Found aa Alliance Guild, shits awesome. Infinity was pure fucking cancer. See ya later faggots.

idk if you understand how camped the starting areas are on the pvp server right now.

I tried logging on at like 2AM Central and it was still perma-camped.

i feel sorry for the group moreso than myself

Beats sitting in a capital spamming trade chat for 3 hours in order to get two tanks together to run UBRS, at least.

and nothing of value was lost

kill yourself

Go back to Infinity discord dude. Stop trying so hard. :D

Have fun with your normalfag guild, Tyrannis, maybe it'll distract you from the eternal asshurt you're experiencing.

It won't change the fact he's a mad faggot and you're equally as big as a faggot

How many days can you keep this up for friend?

Maybe he didn't like playing with a bunch of faggots? I checked out the infinity discord when it first started and it was a bunch sperges talking like they were on Holla Forums, outside of Holla Forums.

You're too obvious mate.

any way I can get a guild invite? Decentguy

So is there only 5 of anons that come to this thread or are all you just samefagging?

You're right lad…this whole time I've been so booty bothered by your mere existence that I've taken half an hour of my day just to hop VPNs andharass (you).

lmao you fellas need a boogeyman to survive. Sad!

You are not a Truthseeker

Go fuck yourself you retarded faggot. Why the fuck would I lie, you piece of shit?

everyone and their mother knows how broken Rend fight was on Elysium, 9/10 tries raids had to summon GMs to fix the issue because of bad scripting

So you are either lying or you didnt do Rend on Elysium but on Kronos.

So….
Any working fishing bots?

Okay. Believe whatever you want. I did Rend around 4 times on Elysium and we didn't have a problem. Perhaps this was after they fixed it. Would you agree that is the most likely explanation? I'm not calling you a liar.

Nice damage control

How on Earth is this damage control? Are you schizophrenic? Jesus Christ.

Heh so you admit you didnt do Rend on Old Elysium but on Nost relaunch? Its not end of word to admit you are wrong on something because it happens to everyone just dont backpedal like a cuckchanner and start calling people retarded faggots and telling them to kill themselves.

No. I've done it on both now. The way it worked on Elysium and the way it works on Nost today is completely different. On Elysium you went out of combat after each wave. On Nost you don't. The composition of the waves was also different on both servers. I really don't understand why this has become an argument. What the fuck do I have to gain from lying?

Because Elysium now is mix of Old Elysium + Nost

Actually you could get out of combat on Nost if you were fast enough killing the mobs, Elysium prob uses different timing in their scripts.

Some people are Holla Forumstards who think winning internet arguments (TM) is something special and they wont backdown even when proven wrong, being wrong on something is not an issue because it happens to everyone, being wrong and acting like a cuckchanner calling people retarded faggots and telling them to kill themselves on the other hand is a problem.

Yeah, I understand that. What I'm trying to say is that I did Rend on Elysium prior to the merger with Nost. Then I did it again after the merger with Nost and it works different. I think it worse now after the merger. Plus, I only called him a retarded faggot because he told me to kill myself. That's an appropriate response imo.

im playing but im not in the guild, because i dont think the guild is up to my skill level

You should have stated that in your first post about the subject so there is no confusion

yes

Why is it so hard to script content on these servers?
That is one thing I have never understood.

I am going to be honest here, I used to work for Blizzard as a GM through end of Nilla to a little while after wrath and there was an internal website on the network you could access to get stats about everything in the game. Spawn positions / stats / drop-tables / events you get the idea. Well it also included the code that was executed for each item or event. IIRC it was nothing more than some lua that was executed server-side to execute the logic of whatever server side object you needed to fix. You could then login with your GM Client, paste it into a little text box, and run the code.

I hate lua and have never really spent much time in it so I'm not using lua syntax, but iirc the code being executed server side for quests / events wasn't much more complicated than the pseudo-code below.

NPC myOrc = questScript->GetNPC("NPC NAME");questScript->PushAction(myOrc, WalkTo(pos1.x, pos1.y, pos1.z));questScript->PushAction(myOrc, Yell("I am alarmed %n! They are memeing us...", 10.0f, Color(255, 0, 0, 255)));questScript->PushAction(myOrc, DefendPosition(myOrc->GetPosition()));questScript->PushAction(questScript->SpawnSkeletonsAndAttack_01);questScript->PushAction(myOrc, Yell("These skeletons are 2spooky %n. Your courage uplifts the entire %r race!", 10.0f));questScript->PushAction(Sleep(5000));questScript->PushAction(myOrc, WalkTo(pos2.x, pos2.y, pos2.z));questScript->PushAction(myOrc, DefendPosition(myOrc->GetPosition()));questScript->PushAction(questScript->SpawnSkeletonsAndAttack_02);questScript->PushAction(myOrc, Say("The Skeletons have been vanquished! %n meet me back at the Tarren Mill to claim your reward!"));questScript->PushAction(Sleep(5000));questScript->PushAction(questScript->CompleteObjective_01);questScript->PushAction(questScript->CleanUpTemporaryObjects);questScript->PushAction(questScript->CleanUpTemporaryNPCs);

Does the server package that these cucks are running not have a scripting suite?
Why don't we here at Holla Forums make an original WoW server and cut all this bullshit out?
Why not add new end-game content? Its not exactly something that you can't do and entrances do exist in the original mpqs(CoT / Hyjal / Kharazan / etc..). You would just have to spawn a portal server side and have it link with whatever instance you want. You could even re-use world locations from the original MPQ to keep things simple and just throw in some invisible barriers / boulders / fences whatever to keep people constrained.
All you need to do is scale up the models of an NPC and up it's HP pool/damage for trash mobs.
For bosses you just make them 200% larger and 25% redder.

Seems like all these servers suffer from the same problems of kikes cheating to help themselves/friends, make a buck selling gold, other forms of high-jewry and swindling.

Because most of modders out there fucking suck dick when it comes to making new content and/or balancing it properly. I think the only two well balanced mods I've ever played were Swordcoast Stratagems for Baldur's Gate 1/2 and Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 easy type. Everything else was atrocious.

we have, but there is only one guy working on it and we have no one else. there were ideas to restore cut content like Dr. Lapis isle and Karazhan crypts

We had one guy who was scripting a TBC server and was doing a great job but then he went full retard and bought Legion and quit the private server.

Because private server devs are lazy as fuck and only want to copy Blizzard's mistakes.

It's not, it's just the only people who run them are incompetent.

Where would one find a repo of server emulator?

join our discord and ask the guy to give you his TBC files, most of stuff is already scriped like Kara/Gruul/Mag just needs class fixing and some other issues like quests

Honestly more than scripting I imagine the biggest problem with running a server is getting something that can withstand thousands of players, DDOS attacks, and DMCAs.

If Holla Forums made a server would it end up being public or just a ghosttown?

DMCA means nothing, Twinstar servers have been up for years and Blizzard cannot touch them

The idea for server that one of the guys was working on was we were waiting to fix the enslave bug and then go public for beta and stress testing. I mean why play WoW with just 10 autists?

We also need a fix for blink and pet pathing (which is a simple addition of a Z Axis check that default doesn't want to add or can't)

While I've scripted with Lua before.
But I'm not sure
Would actually amount to many players.

No wonder the gold seller advertisers haven't been banned. There's that really annoying one in the form of a guild invite.

Link or name please?

Again we have a server and a gameplan for how to run it, pretty much the agreed ruleset being only things you can be banned for are exploiting the game (botting, hacking) or doing shit like getting around someone ignoring you. There's no plans to babysit the player base and only time we'd step in to ban is the aforementioned things

server up at the moment?

The idea of actually expanding azeroth in a way that the retail expansions basically failed to do has great merit. But realistically, there's zero potential existing in the amateur modding community to realize such a thing.

I mean, forget creating new encounters and loot tables and balancing it all and overcoming technical hurdles, they'd run into difficulties as soon as they had to write a questline or piece of gossip dialogue in plain, readable english.

the purpose of these servers is to create a farm of gullible faggots for chink goldsellers to swindle. it was never about having fun.

WoW was never good

you need to go back to Goywatch thread

I'd prefer just to go play something else, entirely which I did after quitting during WoD and my gaming life has never been better

How hard would it be to create a bot for this game?
I mean i'm going to be taking a algorithms class this year and i wonder what i should learn in order to make a bot that reacts to in game events.
Pattern matching by taking image data from the game is out of the question as it would it too slow.
if there are any modders who know how to pull player x/y/z, mob x/y/z spell cool down data from the game in order to process in an external program please point me in the right direction

Think before you post.

I don't understand what you mean. I simply want to create a program that allows users to achieve their goals as efficiently as possible while also learning about data structures and algorithms, i think its a win win.

Analyzing your post I may understand what you mean. As a user of the game you are trying to achieve higher social status compared to your fellow players by having spent more time thus having a stronger character. If one where to introduce a program that bypasses such struggle you would be left with no way to distinguish yourself from other players, thus your time commitment would be wasted.

If I am wrong about the social status being your primary reason for disagreeing with my post then I must assume that you are a boy scout, following orders, obeying the rules. If I am correct about this, you are on the wrong website.

Is the server still ded?

twitter.com/elysium_dev/status/816648869282988032?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

why do you want to create a bot, is it not bad enough there are so many retarded addons that mimic bot behaviour but now you want more?

threadly reminder that VanCleef did nothing wrong

Any anons going alliance? I've grown tired of playing horde for the past 5 years

did platinum and naughty dog have a rape baby?

Also how do i join the discord channel?

Don't

You need to pay 10 gold fee first

Someone invite Merzed to the guild pls

World of Crusade is still alive

Don't bother, its 7 goons circle jerking. Its pretty pathetic what has been allowed into Holla Forums.

Don't feed the trolls, they already shit up these threads enough. There have always been loads of faggots on this board.

the discord isn't posted in the OP because the OP forgot to post that shit

discord.gg/y3mpNcy

Some autists got assmad about the contents of it

You should ignore this autistic faggot. He's eternally assdamaged that he exposed himself for the retard he is while inside the Discord channel. Would not be surprised if he was the supposed Tyrannis poster from last thread with 26 shitposts to his name.

See pic related, he's Grimks.

remove this

Servers are live again

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AND HE IS THE FAGGOT?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kill yourself.

was the guild name?

I'm sure you're not an annoying or obnoxious individual and have a perfectly swell time in your social endeavors :^)

It's funny because he actually is, what a fucking tryhard

I have a fish bot with source that needs offsets updated. Worked for 2.4.3, and also has wrath (CTM support or whatever) so it should work for vanilla. Too lazy to update it anytime soon though.

It's not hard at all, you just read memory offsets and respond with various routines that you've scripted.
Depending on the server they might be piggybacking on Warden so writing to memory is usually out of the equation. That all depends on how competent the admins are. Nost admins were pretty competent when it came to detecting memwrite and a lot of methods.
Also, you sound like you're going to flunk out of algos. It has nothing to do with pattern matching, all of the data is there for you to read in memory, it's just a matter of reacting to that data and somehow controlling the character in response.

Although, on that note, for fishing pattern matching can make a pretty simple and good fishing bot. That sort of bot doesn't lend itself well to something that mounts and scans for specific pools though.

Game Database
db.vanillagaming.org/

Mod Database
addons.us.to/addons

Character Database
realmplayers.com/

Horde Leveling Guide
joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm

Pre-Raid BiS Guide All Classes
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TdTqUiDQ-wpHG2z58kLPMV1GJk5uIjIPL0InhRyyTY8/edit?pli=1#gid=406513443

This thread needs to go back to cuckchan.

explain how playing horde is edgy

Plenty of alliance shills here lately. I wouldn't be against playing alliance on the fresh server since it's pretty much a throw-away server before Crestfall releases their utopia free of chinks.

U wot m8

so when will i be able to generate my token? i'm stuck on "token can't be generated" or "we have problems"

You're a faggot.

it's a coin flip whether it works properly or not, except the coin has to land sideways

I wish you faction bitchers would just kill yourselves already.

This server is dogshit, I am going back to single player rpgs.

Why are you such a faggot?

Post a pic of your boipussy

List of Elysium gold buyers from today's Chink Database hack.

pastebin.com/QrBjSV2D
pastebin.com/QrBjSV2D
pastebin.com/QrBjSV2D
pastebin.com/QrBjSV2D

reupload the lists somewhere aswell just in case Elysium staff decides to nuke those ones

are warlock pets broken? my imp doesn't auto attack

They don't attack only one affli spells, use destruction spells and they will auto attack

probably slightly off
/script PetAttack()/cast Spell Name (Rank 1)

Dendrophile.

pattern matching as in taking the current frame and matching the pixels on the screen against predefined pixel patterns.
algorithms involve path finding and decision making and doing things as efficiently as possible.
Creating a bot for a game is a very good way of practicing algorithms with some pay off.

Public bots are very basic and when a person who has some sort of computer science background comes in to make one
people go crazy for it, look at honor buddy for example.

The biggest issue seems to be the lack of proper education from schools on how to do basic debugging to find the data that indicates the games state.

Calling someone a faggot and then instructing them to commit suicide is a violation apparently.

Pottu can't stop the constant stream of chinks gold-spamming, but boy can he flex his cock at you for hurtful words.

this right here is why you don't play private servers
mods on private servers do it for free.
they do it for free to feel that they have some sort of power
wow GMs don't give a fuck about you being a dick

don't forget the fact they probably give themselves nice gear and top level characters

Why do you people keep talking like elves are the problem?

King's honor, friend.

I wholeheartedly support thy crusade.

One time, I was lagging in BFD, and I forgot what the altar fires do.
I summoned all of them and caused us to wipe.

This is the Ashley Madison hack all over again, what a glorious day.

the good shit is on the forum

it didn't use to be this bad. a long time ago GMs and server admins weren't thin skinned faggots.

you don't match the pixels on the screen, that's a pointless amount of extra work for zero payoff. You look at the data packets being sent across the network to the client or tie the bot directly into the client itself, that's much more efficient. Look at something like old Quake bots if you want the details.
The client's being told "There's an orc 30 units to your left", trying to recreate that information by looking at the 3d models on screen is a waste.

REMOVE CHINA
REMOVE CHINA
REMOVE CHINA
REMOVE CHINA
REMOVE CHINA
REMOVE CHINA
REMOVE CHINA

Yea, people who do this shit for free are doing it because they don't have control of their lives and like to exert control over others while receiving tendies at regular intervals from mom.

[1. General - Barrens] [Poop Dick A]: Fuck you Poop Dick B.
[1. General - Barrens] [Poop Dick B]: Fuck you Poop Dick A.

Report:
"Poop Dick A told me "fuck you". Poop Dick A has ruined my WoW experience and I am no longer going to subscribe".

Notes:
Mutual Combat - Poop Dick A and Poop Dick B told eachother to fuck off - No Actions Taken - Email Sent to "[email protected]/* */" thanking Poop Dick A for being such a good goy.

The only time you had to take action was when people were calling each-other niggers, threatening violence against children, or someone was planning jihad through the game. Other than that it was up to discretion really. Some of the GMs were SJW types, but the majority of us would have fit in well here.

You would be surprised though how many RL drug deals were going on through WoW back in the day.
DEA would regularly obtain warrants for chat-logs from WoW.

Damn you are right, there are so many of them holy shit.
I bet my ass they are all on the list too just like the Ashley Madison leak.

are you gona host a server ?

And here I was expecting a successful action, fucking chinks.

Probably not, I live in the states. They can get you here. I was suggesting a joint effort by Holla Forums as a whole earlier in the thread. How much would infrastructure actually be for something capable of hosting an entire wow server?

Wow, sure seems to be a lot of people who "have never bought gold" defending it.

For real tho, if someone here made a private server without too many bugs, I'd probably chip in a few bucks for hosting.

in that case you can help scripting while someone from Europe like Wolfbane can host it, join our discord and talk to Wolfbane and other guy to get TBC database that is mostly scripted

I don't know what I'm feeling lads, is this true nostalgia? It feels nice, is this what relapsing is like?

it's going to die quickly when you realize you can't do anything because they devs and GMs are doing everything they can to combat gold farmers EXCEPT IP ban china and VPNs

Deafult had a TBC server going and it was looking good. we just need more people to help with coding and scripting

can Deafult give up TBC data to Wolfbane so we can host it ?

we need to finish it first faggot then it's going open beta and from there once open beta is done we move to release

Why is this allowed?

Because fucking Pottu won't let us ban the fucking Chinks.

Deafult isnt scripting anymore right? So why not pass it over to someone who is willing to continue the work?

the best part is that anyone who joins as a joke or even just accidentally and then gquits end up being banned

Really?
Didn't happen to me.

then head to the discord posted earlier and start screaming and we'll make sure default hears it

we're not above going to reddit to find people capable of scripting instances and events. I mean we're looking for people to help with this, not looking for them to be GMs.

I can't decide which seal to use, righteousness or crusader?

Speaking of crusader it says my attacks get weaker with each swing but is there a minimum to how weak they can get?
can my swings become weaker than they would have been had I not used the seal at all?

I remember SoC being broken and increasing your stats but not decreasing your swing hits. But, I don't think that the lessening damage per swing is going to do you any harm.

If I remember the usual deal is to judge with crusader and then use righteousness.

yeah what he said, the most optimal rotation is to open with a bomb (if engineering) into a SoC, get an auto off, judge immediately after, apply righteousness and then swap back to SoC when you have 1s left on your judgement CD

Also does anyone have videos on getting from 1-5 via exploration as an alliance? I don't wanna deal with all the bullshit of fighting for mobs in my starting zone

just run through high level zones

Yeah but I mean like, a guide or a pre-planned route or something that I can follow so I don't waste my time

You just need to turn on the soundtrack from Gladiator, like "Now We Are Free", and just let it guide you while you pan the camera.

Besides, the zones will still be filled to the brim by the time you get back anyway, might as well take the long route.

WHO ROLLING FRESH HERE?
What faction?
What race?
What class?
In your face?
It is going to be a fucking nightmare, but I am ready for the void.

I'll wait for memefall, fucking bothering with lolysium anymore

guides are for queers. I bet you need a guide for fucking pokemon

Human lock

Fresh start server won't amount to shit because the current year mods refuse to ban the goddamn chinks

Humie Priest or Gnome Mage/Lock at this point, torn between the three. Class restrictions were a mistake.

I'm rolling Crestfall fresh when it comes, no point jumping from Nost to Nost.

Maybe, but not right away. I already have to compete for quest spawns, so more of that, in the starting zone when 100s of players are all at the same place is less desireable.

The fresh econ might be interesting. Not sure how much different it would be.

Are pally healers viable at this point?

Yeah it's a shame there is no healing class for gnomes in Vanilla. You can't make a full gnome group/guild because of that.

Post more cute gnomes.

They were, it's a fact.

Extremely.

can we have Dorf Fort guild again?

Gnome Warrior
Truly the greatest meme race/class combination

If I hadn't already suffered and realized the horrors of leveling a Warrior, I'd make a pig-tailed Gnome Warrior for Fresh. I get the "Muh blizzlike" but I think a Vanilla WoW with slight comfort increase would be the best. As in, no class restrictions on the races. Racials might allow for some retard tryharding, but for the most part, a racial isn't going to save you if you're bad. Or at the least establish the class changes that came in Cata.

The best combination of meme aesthetics with a free snare escape.

all a Warrior needs is a paladin/shaman/priest/druid for a friend and it's just a matter of Jolly Cooperation all the way to 60

I have a friend who wants to level a HPally, so maybe if I can convince him to level alongside me we can make it work.

Guys, why can't I cook sagefish?
It says that this spell is not available for me?
The same thing it says when I try to drink Rum.

fucking why?

I don't know who was in charge of picking the VA for vanessa but I absolutely loved her voice.

old world isnt useless in Burning Crusade because of Kara for example + on private servers the devs can put some custom content or modify existing ones to match up lvl 70 scale.

I remember getting banned in Wrath for telling some DK to stop rolling on tank gear.

fucking burn

whats wrong with it ?

it's pretty obvious that the Nost owners are letting them get away with it for a cut of the profits.

How much longer fam?

Soon.

Horde, maybe Lock?

I can't stand Alliance. The quests are so bad.

Your character is a shit cook and you've got a rum allergy.

Are they banning for Bank Alt accounts? Like making a second account to mail stuff to?

No, but you can't multibox outside of town for trades/enchants and stuff.

Those items were technically not in the game. But Nost didn't give a shit and had them in there so they don't work because we're not at that progress patch. Same reason why weapon oils for casters don't work

Lock or priest, most likely horde.

Considering gnome warrior for the memes

KYS

IT BEGINS

Can't get past authenticating.

Same

Hello russians? Are we having a single realm for this many people? Dead on fucking arrival.

This is all I could get, everything else was taken.

I dont think they increased the spawn rates on anything

Holy shit.

Oh shit, they dumping the people in now.

And it stopped. Jumped from 11k to 8k.

What are some good class combos for two players to lvl as and do pvp? I was thinking of going hunter myself. What synergizes with hunter?

Holy fuck

Another hunter

Shaman, for all those sweet survival wind flurries.

WEW

I bet I don't get back in.

hunter is basically a solo class for leveling. It's only weakness is that it lacks good escapes, so if you get ambushed by a higher level player, you can't just run away like a mage can. In pvp they are good at low levels but mediocre at 60. Best PvP class is Priest hands down, though druids make good flag carriers and frost mages are super important in BGs. Pally also broken in BGs (and you need shamans IIRC) to purge their bubbles.

A good WSG on alliance team looks sorta like
Priest
Pally
Pally
Druid
Warrior
Hunter
Mage
Mage
Warrior/Rogue
Warlock
Rogue

On Horde it looks like:
Priest
Priest
Shammy
Druid
Warrior
Hunter
Mage
Mage
Warrior/Rogue
Warlock
Rogue

Having 3+ healers and 2 frost mage and 1 warrior is a must, the rest of your team depends on enemy team composition and who you have available.

Are we Alliance or Horde on the new Server?

Avatars don't go anything but Horde, fuck you think?

seems a lot are going both factions

Idk what you guys are talking about. I just got kicked for the "patch" and now I logged back in. The queue isn't that bad.

I ain't even mad, this is nostalgic on its own (though not for WoW itself, more other MMO launches)

It's a split! Lot are going to both sides.

By "lots" they mean like ~15 horde, 3 alliance.

Then it dawned on me… it switched me to the old PVP server

I am fairly mad that these people are supporting two servers of chinked up economy and only have a single realm for fresh start that is supposed to harbour over 30k people.

Yea idk what the fuck kind of thought process that was about.

t. The second guy of the 3.

I know of at least 6 from the guild going alliance on fresh

To our retarded Slavic faggot overlords' credit, if they tried to run more servers they'd be even more in over their heads probably. I would really laugh if the 'You think you do but you don't' cunts got to see even the shitty relocated Nost pull a 5+ server population at multiple times Blizzard vanilla servers population caps each, though.

Authenticating
Disconnected from server
Authenticating
Disconnected from server
Authenticating
Disconnected from server

Welcome to vanilla, my friend! :^)

I get handshaking and success every now and then but then I get DC'd immediately.

How's your fresh start realm queue going you cucks? See in you in AQ in a year.

Enjoy beta-testing our content for us.

I can get to the realm selection screen, but then I can't get onto the server.

I got in to realm selection, tabbed out and game crashed. Buddy in Vent had the same happen to him.

I got to level 4 before they decided to apply a patch to fix "performance". Now I can't play at all… great patch faggots.

WEW

B E S T E R R O R M E S S A G E
E
S
T
E
R
R
O
R
M
E
S
S
A
G
E

you done it

Well I was thinking hunter because of how embarrasingly high auto shot and multi shot crits they get for 0 effort.
I don't want to invest much time in this shitty chinktown so I figure I'd take a class that's good at world PvP instead.

For WPvP rogue is king for obvious reasons.

If you do get in and if you play as a human and there are no mobs at the starting area you can follow this path and be level 4 at the end of it.

Then go to NE area to level, probably less people there?

thank you user

#1 leveling guide vanilla WoW.

Probably better to just make sure you're 1 step ahead of the herd, fighting overleveled stuff in a group at first if necessary. After that, either stay 1 step ahead of the herd so things are less crowded, or wait a week and only play on rested xp to save yourself time.

Spawn rates increased 10000%

The server just came back up. Log in now if you want to skip the 20k queue.

I keep getting DC'ed just walking around.

:)))

If it says authenticating hit enter to cancel. Its just timing out at that point.

Nah I know, I've waited, wildly mashed. Y'know. Just too loaded atm, realistically.

Same creating character lag as last crash.

Let me guess, they just reverted the change.

Performance was so much better before the "update".

Is the old server up or not? I'm getting disconnected immediatelly after entering my password.

the login server is under massive load and can only let in a very lucky few at a time

spam the fuck out of the login…. I know it makes it worse, but its the only way you are going to get in.

If you have autoit you could write a quick script to make it easier on you.

dim $password = "[PASSWORD HERE]"Func TypePassword()Send($password)Sleep(10)Send("{ENTER}")EndFuncFunc ExitApplication() ExitEndFuncHotKeySet("{F1}", "TypePassword")HotKeySet("{F2}", "ExitApplication")while(true) sleep(100)wend

/join infinity on alliance side for guild chat

My name is "Lock" on Horde if anyone wants to join me.

This whole getting DCd from the queue thing is pure bullshit. I've probably went through 25k worth of queue and because I keep getting DCd I'm still not in nearly 3 hours later.

You aren't missing much. Everything is permacamped by 2 people. Im not even making that up. Almost every duskbat and darkhound spawn in Tirisfal is camped.

Well I was lvl9 when I got DCd from the server. I'd probably be 13-14 by now, so little to no competition.

has been reformed Horde-side on the fresh server. Whisper God for an invite.

FUCKING WEEW. It's like magic lads.

Time for WoW!

knife-eared scum… play horde like a nonfaggot

They're just the random characters I reserved the names on.
When the server dies down, prob the the next week or so Ill make my actual characters.

wat

Probably a kiwi

Alliance guild is up.

Get the fuck out. Roll horde.

What a fucken gay name.

Invite Robotitz

(checked)
are you guys allowing night elves or gnomes in?

Yes, there's no restrictions just expect some memers to meme as always.

Nah, we are playing horde.

hey is destro good for levelling a lock or should I stick with affliction?

maybe

So whos on Horde?

So no one will be playing in the old server?
Also i can't get past the authenticating

gg they buffed the authentication boss again

Server status page says new servers down anyway.

(checked)

How are you getting on the site?

nvm just got on

It says it's online

Goddamn witchcraft is what this is. Site jumps from listing it as offline to a pop of 11k and then back to offline.

I was hoping shit would be better at this hour.

the authentication server is getting fucked harder than Baarnes butthole. Tried for about 2 hours today to log in, only got past authenticating once and instantly DC'd. Fuck this shit.

Communism has appeared in the Dwarven Heartland.

It is a dark day.

RESPECT THE LINE

What the fuck is this 2 step authentication bullshit? Must be why we can't login.

Apparently its the login servers getting ddos'd again, people reporting the problem on accounts with and without the 2 step

Germanfag here, in log-in queue. 3k+ wait

Don't give in to the temptation
Let it go
Move on with your lives

Breadlines are a scam. You could get way more exp by grinding mobs instead of waiting. They are hilarious though.

my chair when i get into the server and mulgore is only a bit more populated then it is normally on nostalrius pvp

meanwhile undead, trolls and orcs are betraying and stabbing each other in the back like savages for scraps of quest loot

Nobody wants the trash Nostalrius characters.
They obviously want new servers.
620+ minute queue times…. or almost 10 hours.

you have new people which are prob 10k+ and you have retards from Nost who are prob griefing guilds who want to jump on the new server

This is what Brill looked like last night… not to mention what it was like around actual quest mobs.
STV is going to be a warzone.

Anyone wanting in the horde guild reply to this post w/ your name. When I beat the queue I'll add you.

My entire group of friends just got kicked out of the queue at the same time. I'd been in queue for 4½ hours. This is painful.

I just got kicked out too.

I was down to 3000 people ahead of me in queue…
Now I am further back in line than when I started.

Every-time I get sub 7000 in queue… I get disconnected.

While the queue is a pain in the ass, I am happily surprised with how smooth the server is running as well as how smooth the leveling is going. The monster respawn seems to be pretty balanced, maybe even a bit too fast, especially for areas with hard hitting agressive monsters, but its so much better than having to wait a ton of time for everything.

It would be one thing if there was a queue…. what we have right now is a queue that you wait through 6000 people… then get DC'ed in queue and are moved back 8000 people. I've been in queue almost 10 hours now and just got DC'ed again so to the back of the line I go!

I have only gotten DCed once, after only a few minutes of play, but it was a full server DC, so I got back in straight away. I hope to be fast enough to get back in when the server goes back up as well.

Yeah the queues are shit, its really too bad, but with the number of people trying to play, not much they can do against it but open up a new server, which they might do. I don't know if the disconnects are really their fault as well, because I got through a 8k queue in about 4 hours when I first started and I never disconnected. Could be your internet that has problems.

Server is back up

I finally got in after the server crashed.
There are over 9000 people in the barrens right now.

That number is the total number of players on the server.

reminder that retail servers only hold a few hundred people

I don't accept that.

We have a guild on the fresh server yet?

we have on alliance

has been remade horde-side as well.

Not only is that a retarded name, but I've already been invited to that guild like, 3 times randomly, and so have some other people I've been playing with. So it isn't an 8ch guild at all.

Are you sure it's not the Make Azeroth Great Again guild spamming you? Next to no one had invite privileges in LotLR. I didn't get an invite until this morning when an officer managed to sit through the queue and get in

What does LotLR stand for?

Lords of the Locker Room

Positive. And I'm using a different name than I've used before, so it's not like some asshole recruiter decided he really wanted to talk to me again, but was to shy to whisper. To be fair, it only happened in the first few hours of when I got in, so maybe someone was given an ability they shouldn't have, but it's already been compromised, so I'm not touching it.

Name them then.

He can't because he's lying

D E D