Did I just make a huge mistake upgrading my vocation to a sorcerer without having an archistaff?

did I just make a huge mistake upgrading my vocation to a sorcerer without having an archistaff?

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CXeS7FbacO84dLO7snwFQQwghcE50QE0ExBZ2FyjUwc/edit#gid=0
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Discipline_Points
archive.fo/BhUPZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well yeah, you can't use any weapon besides an archstaff

Just buy an archstaff, they're available in any shop

no they're not, I'm in the first zone of the game, I progressed as far as I could in that spooky island and I had a bunch of ability points, so I upgraded.

Great fucking job faggot also hybrid classes are always shit tier.

That game is so fucking easy that you are never making a mistake that would cripple your run. I have completed it unarmed before.

Please see yourself out of the thread.

You can't change your vocation until you get to Gran Soren and there is a shop right next to where you changed your vocation

You went straight to Bitterblack? That is seriously not recommended for a new player to go there so early. Even on Bitterblack you can buy them from the blonde guy.

Sorcerer isn't a hybrid class and no they aren't

I literally jumped head first into this game and had no idea what to do, I just went there because I thought it was a part of the main quest. I got to the second level of the ward of regret called something helix and went back since that was as far as I could go without getting my ass handed.

BBI is 50+, see about getting to gran soren/level 10 first.

wat

It's an expansion intended for end-game or NG+ level characters. You can go there whenever and advanced players might decide to go there straight away but I really wouldn't do it for your first run

wew I got to level 18 from being there, and a fuckton of gold.

also why does this game only have one save slot?

Why this japanese skyrim is so popular and acceptive on Holla Forums? I got to king's castle part, and i was astonished by the fact that there's absolutely no proper story, and dialogs mostly consist of one liners with no choices. I mean, even skyrim itself contained more dialog than this game. Also the voice acting is horrible and gets on nerves very fast.

Is combat the only thing you care about in video games?

God knows, probably something about the online system. You can use a save manager to get around it, but the level cap is 200 so it will probably be a while before you'll need it

You can talk about Skyrim all you want, somewhere besides here

how are hybrid classes shit tier when assassin is unarguably the best class

For the most part, yes.

Yes because when I play a GAME i want to enjoy the GAME part

The combat is shite after a while too, i played this a lot before it got on PC and even back then i was amused by how generic, bland and repetitive this game gets. The ending is a huge lazy cop out and the quests are mostly pretty boring. The paid fast travel is quite the mess too and the pawns never shut the fuck up.

There are options to reduce their chatter, genius.

and shut it off completely

See, you overplayed your hand, now everyone knows you're full of shit

I know that but it should be the option by default instead of having to tell each one that you want them silent

What?

What are classes like in Dragon's Dogma? I think I chose the warrior and outside of exploring and combat the game itself is okay.

So I think I accidentally let that guy who gets attacked on the road when you first leave your village get killed, either because I decided to go straight back to village right after I left or I fucked around way too much on the beach. Is this a huge problem?

Sure you did

I played the game in 2013 so its normal to forget stuff but you are just acting like a snarly sperglord.

snarky*

Fighter, sword/shield, pure melee
Warrior, broadsword or great hammer, pure melee
Mage, healslut support class, pure magic
Sorcerer, god almighty, pure magic
Strider, bow and daggers, ranged and melee
Ranger, longbow, pure ranged
Magick Archer, hybrid magic and ranged
Mystic Knight, hybrid magic and melee
Assassin, jack of all trades melee

Melee combat is decent but not mindblowing, magic and ranged are where it's at

I'm not the one sticking around in a thread to shitpost about a game I played four years ago and dismissing any fallout as poor memory

Well i'll give you that, but the other hybrid classes are really really fucking bad and you know it

jesus mr 2016 ledditor, ur blocked

Stop posting.

Magick Archer isn't too bad. You can decimate in smaller areas, like BBI.

Dude, magic archer is pretty much the most overpowered class when you aren't stupid enough to use it with a character that's minmaxed for strength.

Whatever, i apologize for criticizing the game under poor judgement.

Stop trying so hard to fit in, if someone quotes my post shortly after i make it then they would be quoting a deleted post. I'd rather not delete it.

we should make a pawn sheet again or use the old one

I ended up finding a staff on one of the earlier parts that literally doubled my magic. BBI really breaks the game, but I think there's a level restriction on items from BBI. Maybe 50.

I still didn't finish the game, though, need to do that once I'm back home. I don't have much left.

Lvl 2 weapons have a lvl 46 cutoff and lvl 3 weapons have a lvl 51 cutoff

Anyone have those infographs that described how to autistically level your characters for min/maxed stats based on what class you wanted to be?

I have this autistic infograph but not that one

As long as it isn't a loli you'll be fine

Hell, the staff was only lvl 2.

Yes. You idiot.
You're also not playing the objectively best class. Mystic Knight > shitmage

Also, while we're talkin' this shit, saurians did nothing wrong they peaceful you go in and murder an entire family for absolutely no reason you monster.

Because, while it is a little shit here and there, the parts that are good are really good.

'Tis weak to ice!

Don't do it fam.

Strength MA is most fun MA, and powerful, too.

I'm not really looking to go crazy minmaxing, I just want to know what class is to best to start as for each hybrid class, Magic Knight in particular.

I tend to recommend starting as fighter for almost anything, the Strength HP and Defense help you out more in the beginning than at any other time. I guess if you know you intend to go full caster that a mage start is better.

I'm the pawn sheet owner. (The one that was copied from the original and has auto-updating modification timestamps).
If that means anything.

Are you retarded? This is how the original Dragons Dogma worked. That's how the game worked before before the expansion and subsequent re-release/PC port made it easier is what I should say. You paid for ferrystones in bulk and used these in conjunction with the portcrystals to teleport where you needed to go. In your attempt to "out" somebody you just revealed what a newfag you are.

don't tell me you never looked in your fucking storage for the free fast travel item

Only if you got the expansion, you mistakenly unaborted fetus.

GET BLESSED, BONEBOY.

Don't you shittalk skeletons, son. There's one inside you right now.

pls fuck off skeleman

This game has a Guts preset
Looks like I'm playing as Guts
I set my vocation to Warrior to use greatswords, right?

You mean there's one TRAPPED in me right now. The power of holy devotion is keeping him from escaping this mortal coil, enslaving him.

And one day that skeleton, who has supported you your whole life, will be free. But will that skeleton choose to abandon you, who had accompanied it throughout its life? You who never gave it so much a thought while it protects your squishy bits, helps support you, and makes it so you aren't a blob on the ground?
Yes.
Because skeletons are pure spirits, loyal to the end.
Treat your skeleton right, user. Don't hate on them. Do the right thing. Drink lots of milk.

It DIDN'T EXIST in the original release you mongoloid.

Lucky for my skeleton, I consume a lot of dairy.
Good for my bones. Terrible for my prostate.
Unless of course I fell for the "milk gives you ass cancer, meme"

you are 17 levels of retarded

this

Only MK is bad and that's because it has the worst stat growth
do your first 100 as something else like Assassin and then you can

worst stat progression in game

Just change back

OP here, I found an archestaff like hours ago in BII or whatever its called from that hermit merchant. What's another fun class to play after I beat the game?

Mystic Knight for glorious bullet hell
Magic Archer for BBI close quarters arrow bouncing.
Otherwise, it's largely up to you. Assasin is a dab overpowered, so can be fun if that's your style.

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

I haven't even done them all but let me ask you, in a game where the players that git gud just dodge the enemies attacks, which classes do you think would be the most effective?

I did it all by multiplying by 99
better work here
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CXeS7FbacO84dLO7snwFQQwghcE50QE0ExBZ2FyjUwc/edit#gid=0

In a game where you can use sta items at any time without repercussions?

Also as a sorc you just want to stay in the back

Skyrim is shit in far too many ways. Just because it has dialog and makes you think you are making choices doesn't make it a better game. In fact, the wasted resources to have 3 people voice act for every fucking NPC is part of the reason why Skyrim is a janky piece of shit that can't even compete with it's own previous iterations.

From the assassin standpoint, there is a big difference in dps when at full periapts comparing one that has been levelling Ass. right from 10, and one that only changed at 30-40, making sure you have enough to bypass defense caps in BBL is so crucial. Good luck with Living Armor though.

FUN?
well that depends, you good at dodging?
because fun for me is being evasive stabber or calling down tornados and shit

you don't know how to have fun

I dunno, in base game everything already dies to fast even without periapts, and BBl adds bullshit gear
But I would admit that with all the conditions in
It kinda matters

Do you even play the game? A magic archer for example can wreck the final boss of bitterblack isle in a minute and a half.

To be fair, they do have shit tier gains.

I started too early with my Mystic Knight, and now I've been rather badly gimped.

A Sorcerer can wreck him in less than a minute.

And that includes both phases.

Well yeah, holy focused bolt is some real shit.

yeah I knew I screwed up those stats a bit

indeed
that's why my second run I focused more on Assassin who can use any weapon with an element and has way cool moves over what I thought was awesome, the Mystic Knight, because while blunt weapons are super god damned useful against shit like golems I can do that almost as fast with an assassin and have more wepons

my first run I was having an OK time on PS3 against final boss but I don't think I got past second phase because I was screwing around with every class learning everything

my Assassin is a murder machine with every weapon

no because you can switch back at any inn, including the entrance to bitterblack.

Which is better? Pure class to level 200 or mixing it up so your state growth is more balanced?

If you want to live in BBI, mixing it up. But do it properly.

Are assassins in this game decent?

They are arguably the best class.

Is it for stealthy assassin reasons, or are they just a fighter with high dps or a fighter/mage

High DPS, highest clinging DPS, good mobility, good flexibility.

>"hybrid classes are always shit tier"
Death, please go.

Ranger+Tenfold+Explosive Arrows>Magic Archer vs Death.

Vocation swapping is pretty painless in this game, isn't it?

Yeah and you definitely want to level several vocations in order to unlock their passives.

The only thing is the base attribute growths, which do matter a decent amount.

Yes. Warrior is for the special kind of masochist that can take being unflexible and limited as long as it means they get to knock enemies on their asses with oversized weapons.

As a long time fan of The Elder Scrolls series I can say with imperative authority that DD has a better standalone main storyline than Skyrim. Try not skipping cutscenes.

Also have a comic I made back when the PC port was first released.

The antagonist in Skyrim was dogshit.

And if you think about it the antagonists are exactly the same: world ending dragons who were tossed into the future after a cataclysmic event and terrorize the countryside.

It's just that DD actually turns Grigori into a thoughtful and interesting character whereas the only thought provoking things about Alduin are pure conjecture and likely aren't even true–and you have to read a book or talk to an easter egg NPC to even know about them.

Why wouldnt it be?

Is this bait OP
the archistaff is in the mist forest
Explore more faggot

Someone didn't pay attention to the story.
The Dragon isn't the end of the world and they aren't from the future. They are an Arisen from a parallel world that failed to beat the Seneschal sent to find a more worthy candidate.

[spoiler]I did pay attention I just didn't want to spoil things like a faggot don't you break down DD for me nigga like I ain't know shit

I did pay attention I just didn't want to spoil things like a faggot don't break down DD to me nigga like I ain't know shit

Then don't say blatantly wrong things.

So, do you guys know a good build to make a good mystic knight to spam magic cannon like a faggot? But also wanting to play as a warrior or even an assassin.

Just thinking about starting a new game.

They're not wrong, they're just from a certain point of view

When I do MK I always go Fighter->Mage->Sorceror->Warrior->MK.
I realize that this is likely completely the wrong order and is very much a masochistic playstyle but I always end up with a pretty OP end result.

How many levels for each?

Increase Magic
Increase Strength.

Unfortunately the two things aren't that compatible. And before someone chimes in with "but but magic cannon is mixed damage," it only takes your weapon strength into account.
I've personally had more fun aiming for 300 natural MAG (to get the strongest possible weapon buff) and otherwise focusing on strength, to make more of a true hybrid spellsword, but that doesn't make for a great cannon spammer.

I see… so I should have to mix hard melee classes with hard magical classes?

Also, what kind of pawn should I make to train properly? Most people want to make loli healers or loli sorcerers of destruction. I tried a few times to make a good loli archer who knows which spots from the Ur-Dragon should she hit.

I don't minmax so I couldn't tell you, I usually just do it until A. The vocation is maxed out, and/or B. I have a fully maxed out set of endgame equipment for each class before starting MK–this usually means switching between vocations at some point.
Again, a highly masochistic way of playing.

Sorry, switching back to a vocation I already maxed out, I meant, that sentence was kind of confusing.

So as someone who practically only played as a 2h swinging melee faggot I am fucked if I want to complete BBI?

Not necessarily. But you better hope you find some good goddamn pawns online.

Fuggg, I pirated it because I already bought it for the 360 back then.

I played through all of it with only NPC pawns, it was okay for everything except living armor.

I'm addicted to Strider pawns, I usually just run them Warrior til vocation level 9, ranger til 9, then Strider, with a break somewhere in there once they're highish level to grind out fighter to 9 real quick.

That just depends on how badly you want max cannon spam versus being a viable fighter. Max cannon spam is 1-10 mage, 11-200 sorc, but I find that boring in every possible way.

My last run was as a solo strength based magic archer with no damage-dealing magick bow skills. Just about anything is doable in this game, it will be more of a challenge though.
Pack some throwblasts and sobering wine.

I won't tell you to give up just because you didn't auptismize. Harder the struggle, sweeter the victory and all that.
But you do have some dark days ahead friend.

Alright, thanks guys im just past the priest boss so ill just swing my 2h even harder I guess

It will be worth it. First time I played Dark Souls was with starting equipment because I was too timid to change to anything else, and it was pirated offline so I never had help either.
Most fun I've ever had suffering through a game.

I've pretty much completely finished this game

I'm pretty disappointed, because it feels like I've played 30% of the originally planed content

Yeah it does really feel that way sometimes, but then again it also kind of adds to the feeling of the endless loop you're caught in, replaying over and over thinking this time it will be different.
It's always different each time you play, but it never changes.

Make sure to get assassin's abilities that allow you to buff you when solo and a bonus at night time. The stats are a plus too if you don't care about HP.

What is the point?

Like he said, for the challenge.

Will there ever be a mod that gives the warrior 6 abilities, instead of only 3? Why is he the only class that has only 3 available abilities at a time?

No secondary.
Also probably to prevent it from being too OP.

What's the point of playing video games?
If you mean, why that build specifically, Immolation (the set yourself on fire skill) is based on strength, and I find dagger combat fun in general.
The Magick Bow has a few utility spells that aren't affected by your stats at all. Ward arrow cures and makes you immune to all debilitations, Bracer arrow makes you almost immune to stagger and knockdown, and Void arrow is useful to abuse enemy movement in various ways. Also spells from BBI staves are still quite viable for elemental damage.Honestly it wasn't much of a challenge, it felt about as close to invulnerable as I've ever been in the game. Did BBI 1 and 2 with no wakestones and only found curatives.
I pulled out my main pawn at some point during 2.0, but only because I got lonely.

I meant the point of the build, yeah. I've always seen MA as more of a bow/magic class so I was wondering why you wouldn't just go strider/ass for daggers and strength. That does sound like an interesting way to play it though. I might try it out at some point.

MA is pretty much OP no matter what build you're aiming for.

It get more ridiculous when you consider that immolation doesn't continue to use stamina or stop you from using other attacks, so you can stack that damage on your normal attacks. And vortex arrows let you pile smaller creatures into groups for easy burning.
Actually, my favorite moment was stacking 3 vortex arrows on Death at the beginning of BBI 2.0, after which he cleared the room for me.

That because it is. The game was rushed and cut to bits near release. The moon was even planned to have a smaller overworld for even more exploration at one point.

So how is that remotely relevant advice to a first-time player playing Dark Arisen on PC you fucking moron? Some faggot felt the need to complain about the game while clearly having no knowledge of the second release and now here's another faggot splitting hairs while having no apparent understanding of context

I want to go for another playthrough with slowed leveling rate. What's about the right rate to keep Gransys challenging throughout even if you take your time?

You can change your vocation as many times as you want, the DP cost is only to unlock it once you have it you can change in and out of it for free.

So what the fuck was the point of limiting the Warrior class to 3 skills? Just to make them extra boring?

Sorcerers have the giant assrape fuck-your-mother spells, and they get 6 slots.

Jesus user, calm down.

Why is this game so good? One of the great PC games from japan and one I can't shit on ironically I like fighting in the darkness so much.

Capcom.
I'm a firm believer that everything bad about this game is because of Capcom not giving Itsuno the funds and room to work in.

I can easily imagine Warriors having crossbows in the planning stages of the game, but that was likely scrapped because of suits.
Authentic Guts experience never.

Can someone explain to me how people still talk about this today and apparently play it for hundreds of hours?

It's a fucking 20 hours game with fuckign no content at all in the open world and at most three bosses that are somehow challenging and fun to fight.

And it's tedious as fuck how leveling classes takes ages so you eventually just give up on it.

Kinda late to the party, but I wanted to warn you and other anons: the "milk gives you buttcancer" schtick? That's PETA. They're against milk producers (read: lockup cows 24/7 in a tiny space and hook their tits to a blowjobmachine). They tried lots of things to get that business shutdown. The previous one was spreading that milk gives you asscancer. You can still hear that myth around. The latest one is trying to get people to taste dog/cat milk and shame them.
They're fucking retarded.
There's actual scientists studying the effects of milk though, I'm following those and see what they find.

Back on topic, I also started this today.
Picked wizard because I have no sense of right or wrong and… Are the bandits near the Witchwood suposed to be THAT strong? Or THAT numerous? I died three times, and the third one I was fighting 6 bandits and 4 wolves. My pawns got hit for half their HP on anything the bandits did (I got 2/3 of my HP knocked off) so I'm thinking it's a "return here later when you can fuck shit up" kinda deal, right?

Helped Mercedes deliver the head to the Duke.
She's pretty hot, do I get to recruit her later?
I like her voice. Exotic.

PC has a severe lack of new games that are worth playing.

Even if we were to judge Skyrim on story is was god awful, so in the end skyrim had nothing but a crafting system to slow you to a crawl making the game longer. Being the leaders of all the factions was dogshit and the small map with little variance in the areas was woesome.

To make a long story short Skyrim was a bad game, DDDA is a limited game. You can appreciate skyrim somewhere that has a user base which is easily tricked by marketing tactics or shoehorned nostalgia. Some place full of hipster queerfags like reddit.

Wew, so amazing how he beats this enemy that doesn't do fucking anything. It's almost like Monster Hunter but for retards.

And somehow this is the most interesting enemy to fight in the overworld together with cyclops. Everything else is in ugly shit dark dungeons.

Such an overhyped game, so much wasted potential.

Yes, the bandits are supposed to be like that.
You don't recruit anyone other than pawns, and Mercedes is a fucking slut anyway.

I'm mainly playing on PC myself, this doesn't make me give praise where it isn't due.

dude what

Maybe it's just not for you.

He's massively overpowered for that fight. He has a lot of videos like that.

Not really, no.

Not every game is for everyone, user.

Dude what?

I quit my job that month

I noticed that if I give items to any pawn besides my own, they count as "gifts".
I assume that means the owner of the pawn will get them in his game?
Does that mean I shouldn't buy equipment for other pawns (just my own) and when I return later the owner of the pawn will have bought them items (syncing with the one's I've enlisted)?

Otherwise, I guess I could re-recruit new pawns everyonce in a while. Saw a lot of cool one's (and a bunch of shitty one's, holy fuck, why are there so many loli wizards).

Oh right, two things I haven't figured out yet:
I earn those from finding "Void Fragments" right? They're only use seems to be to recruit pawns. I got 150 RP now, how much does a good pawn go for?
I have no idea where these come from. I stop by the trainer every now and then and always have massive amount that came from seemingly nowhere.

No you should absolutely not be equipping pawns that aren't your own, your interaction with any pawn is going to be brief and passing and there wouldn't be much point getting equipment for them even if you could get the equipment back afterwards

I'd assume you mean Rift Crystals, and they'll be used for more than just pawns when you get to the expansion. Any pawn at the same level as you costs 0 RC and any level higher accrues an additional fee. You'll be fine just with pawns on your own level
It's relative to how much EXP is earned per each enemy. E.g. killing a goblin and getting 30 exp will give you very little DP, killing a cyclops and getting 2,000 exp will give you a moderate amount of DP, killing a cursed dragon and getting 24,000 exp will give you a lot of DP
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Discipline_Points

Yeah, just replace your companion pawns. Don't give them gear, unless you really want to.
RP is for recruiting pawns higher than your own level and you can buy some shit from the guy in the encampment next to the rift stone. Pawns that are your level are free, and the cost goes up for every level higher they are than you.
I assume discipline points are the shit you buy your skills with. You just get that from killing shit.

DP gain falls off really really fast. A fairly small group of goblins and wolves will give you as much as a Cursed Dragon.

That's pretty straightforward, I like it.

I kinda need to learn the crafting recipes next.
I think I looted every house in the starting village. Got some mops and buckets, didn't know what to do with them so they got sold to fund my wizard robes.
Also looted a ton of food, quite pissed that it all rotted later. Wish I could forcefeed it to enemies.

It shouldn't, are you sure you're keeping track of your DP well? Goblin's base experience is 65 and cursed dragon's base experience is 66,000 when playing solo, even with the gain disparity you should have to kill about 50 goblins to match a cursed dragon when it comes to DP

If you havent played it and have shit taste you can always hide the thread faggot.

For some reason I was thinking 24,000 for curse dragon. Either way the graph gets absurd. The point is bigger creatures are worth garbage DP relative to the time you put in.

My dick playtime is bigger

Well that is the number I used from memory but that's when playing alongside two or three pawns, I checked the wiki for the exact amounts. Maybe the curve is pretty weird but I don't think there's anywhere matched for DP grinding like the lower levels of BBI where you're getting multiple 30,000 exp enemies per room

Shit game tbh fam

66,000 xp gains you about 297 DP. A goblin gives you 36. It's definitely much more about quantity than anything else.

SICK BURN BRO

Then what's more interesting? The griffin you can't ever fight because he always flees and you have to sleep like three times or something which is BEYOND shit game design? The lizard mobs?

The game is overrated shit. Accept it. Stop hyping it up like retards.

Some OC. One of the actually somewhat fun boss fights. Too bad it's still piss easy.

Kill yourself.

How cute

No, you

I play it on the hardest difficulty. You basically become invincible around level 10-20, especailly since your companions always aggro the enemies anyway and you can pause for health items.

Only this DLC island is somewhat difficult but it's shit game design with every room being literally the same, always grimdark and damage sponge enemies.

I'm not saying this game doesn't have a lot of potential, it does, but 90% of it is wasted.

DD Online looks fun, though.

On the hardest difficulty there are still bandits you deal no damage to at Lv. 20 because of the cutoff for dealing damage, and they'll one-shot you.
Way, way too obvious

It's fun.

I like this bait.

it's the most important part. it got me to log like 80 hours into the game. but it's bad when the other parts are totally ignored. DDDA really does feel barren at times.

I thought they alleviated the super armor bullshit and a lot of other vocation problems with DDO?

I played it to the finish.

For the story inclined people, the plot presented in the kingdom and worldly affairs is rather weak and makes a bad impression. But the nature of the Arisen, dragon, pawns, is what makes it interesting. For the open world kind of people, the world is bland to plainly fight in without actually progressing through quests and stages of the game. But I'm not the kind to forgo doing the quests, and I actually did all non-notice board ones.

I liked the detail in combat, like how character body type has an effect and how fire interacts with monsters like griffon feathers and hydra regeneration. So I think if the game had a sequel to build upon that, as opposed to the first's limited budget, it'd be a really great game.

Now for the actually objectively bad classes

so how much of that pawn learning stuff is bullshit? do they really copy your playstyle?

What's the matter, the Church of Zarus called you on your wife's half-orc son?

For pawns to learn how to fight specific enemies either you need to kill a specific number of them for their knowledge of the enemy to level up, or you need to land specific attacks they're weak against for the pawn to learn how to fight it.

Besides that, I do believe that for a fighter pawn to perfect block more often they need to see you do it a bunch of times. I'm not sure though.

So Mage is the only class (at least available to pawns) that can heal? Will my pawn have stat problems if I mostly/only take levels in Mage or do I need to take some in Sorcerer or something else?

My pawn randomly took acquisitor as primary behavior when I loaded up the game even though I never told her to do so. I can't fucking tell her to stop, either, sitting in that chair brings up the same question, unrelated to acquisitor, every time. So I guess they must copy it from you which is fucking retarded because you don't necessarily want your pawn doing the same shit you do.

I hate this meme.

Skyrim:

DD:

One of the greatest blessings of the PC release IMO is the ability to just manually edit inclinations. And there's definitely some impact on behavior even past secondary and tertiary, although anything beyond that comes into play less often.

I take it you can edit the save file to do this? Or is there is some feature I haven't figured out yet?

Yeah, you can unpack saves and just set unwanted inclinations to 1. I dropped Acquisitor, guardian, and nexus to 1 on my old Ranger pawn, and set a couple to 999, don't remember which ones as it was on my last playthrough in January/February. Haven't done so again on my current character and pawn.
They range from 0 to 1000 but I didn't want to set them to the actual end of the range as I worried about bugs.

If you just set them as the same vocation as you it'll remove most of the annoying things about their AI since they more or less imitate your behavior and use the same moves you do in certain situations, once I started doing that I never had any problems with my main pawn even without consciously or intentionally doing any pawn training

The real problem is that you pretty well have to be told to do this because no one in their right mind would make their pawn the same vocation they chose, you should want to choose a complementary vocation like pairing Fighters with Mages

Fucking PETA shills need to get fucking gagged.

I heard hard mode is easier in the end because you get so much gold and experience a lot more quickly, is that true?

Yes

I'm not saying milk DOESN'T give you cancer nowadays, what doesn't give you cancer anyway, right?.
But those fucking retards started spreading that rumor with barely any proof. Read: some whacko "scientist" sympathized with their cause and put out a poorly documented paper claiming it.
It's kinda like the whole "vaping" thing where tobacoo companies paid a dozen "scientists" to prove vaping is more dangerous than normal tobacco. And by "proving" I mean use chinese brands filled with lead and toxins to write reports and then grossly exagerate your findings.
It's a shame, both that and the retarded "vape comunity" filled with fedora-wielding narcisists. Vaping actually tastes rather nicely if you pick some fruit scents.

Now I got a very serious question. I got the levitation thing for my mage. Is that thing actually usefull?
Because fuck me sideways, I think I've tried it 20 times now:
Why does it have a time limit and can I expand it with more magic? I want to sour down canyons with it.
It looks neat in battle to dodge shit though.

Doesn't help you even a little bit with falls. It's for light platforming and is surprisingly effective for avoiding damage in combat.

Crap. But yeah, it looks rad as fuck to skateboard around bandits with.

You can't reset falling distance with a double jump or levitation, which you already discovered. It looks rather silly when you levitate one inch off the ground, and then splat, but that's how it works.

Well, I'm not mad. I also got to unlock the electric whip skill. Bugs me that it consumes stamina and I can swing it 5-6 times, but hey, it clears mobs really fast and looks cool as fuck too.
I'm starting to understand what people said about being a wizard in DD was all about. Wizards don't fuck around with their magic. Even the generic fireball triple casts and blows people away like a fireball should.
Can't wait to see what the other spells do once I unlock them, why the fuck did I buy so many augments, shit they don't even explode people or send them flying, augments are shit FUCK

>augments are shit
Some augments will save your ass when the shit hits the fan, or just provide general quality of life niceness, especially as you can use them across classes.
But yeah, some are shit.

They are radical
Twirling ice spires that send even Chimeras flying
Cyclones that will wipe out any humanoid mob
Earthquakes that topple giants
Fucking meteors

Fighter rank 5 gets an augment that let's you carry more stuff. It's very convenient.

Levitation is for re-positioning, mild mobility and avoiding damage. Seriously even pawns will use it to dodge shit. Pawns levitate over cursed dragon tail sweeps all the time in BBI.
It can also be used to take a huge shortcut to Witchwood. The only thing in the game that actually prevents fall damage is the hidden Grace augment, and a Strider using a Splitter ability off of a ledge without jumping. You can drop any distance provided they're not the automatic death distances or kill zones.

Mage has kind of shitty stat growths but it doesn't matter. People bring mages along primarily for: Grapnel, Spellscreen, Halidom and buffs. Only the buffs scale with MAG… up to 300 base MAG. The only good lategame offensive options mage has is Grand Ingle/Levin, and Comestion. Most people prefer Sorcs because they can cure petrifaction while mages can't.

You could literally level a pawn 1-10 fighter, 10-200 warrior and it would actually end up being a really optimal mage. An added bonus of this would be not needing to equip Legion's Might on your mage and instead putting something like a Rusted Staff on it for dank torporing. Equip a Savior ring for another beefy 500 HP and the Tenacity augment and enjoy a super robust buffbot.
Mages are kind of ass, honestly. They'd be better if Spellscreen lasted twice as long and if there was a ring with both Grand Anodyne and Holy Pact on it.

What level should I change vocations? Mystic Knight sounds cool.

That's because you did.
The game was rushed because the publisher thought it would be a flop.
The PC port alone proves they've gained far more confidence in it. If they ever made a sequel they wouldn't be as faithless as they were the first time.

Also the fact it was rushed may actually be the reason it was good, I've noticed a strange trend with these types of games that I've never seen anybody else mention.
Deus Ex, New Vegas, E.Y.E, etc. Many games have had the same thing happen to them that DD:DA had. They were planned to be on a far bigger and/or more detailed scale, but were either rushed, under budget or both.
I think something about the actual process of having constraints on these hugely planned games is what makes them great. Ever play Deus Ex: Invisible War or any other sequel to a rushed-yet-great game? They're terrible compared to what came before them, despite having more time and bigger budgets.
There are a few examples of this not happening, like how the first ZoE didn't have the resources the devs wanted (if I remember correctly there were even meant to be multiple playable Orbital Frames) but the second game did, and the second game ended up being far greater than the first, but these are just exceptions.

I have no idea why this is, but it's certainly a phenomenon I've observed.

Literally just change it back retard.

Why are you even bringing up irrelevant shit? Who the fuck cares about story or any of that dumb shit you just mentioned?

Now I heard everything, Capcom is staffed by idiots.

But Ultima 7 is a lot better on pretty much every way.

Bungie

Finally built my new computer and 30% of the reason was so I could play Dragon's Dogma without any frame lag. It's fucking beautiful and silky smooth now. I have a few questions

I had a wide hipped brown dame as my first female with a blonde elf compatriot. This time I'm an overly tall sorcerer who travels alongside Red Sonja.

They're either fags who were butthurt that it was only on consoles for years, or people who've never played it and think it's Japanese Skyrim.

Strider has fairly balanced stats. Leaning on it heavily during leveling up isn't bad. But if you're min-maxing and want to go MA, make sure you dip into Sorc for those sweet Magic Attack gains. MA is mostly magic attacks, but your daggers will still generally be physical so having balanced stats isn't too bad. Having a low Magic Attack isn't going to bother you too much since you can stack buffs with Magic Rebalancer.

In general though, I'd recommend just fucking around and having fun. There's no real need to min-max your stats since gear will close the gaps if you end up with a mish-mash build. Just try things and see what you like.

Most of the stats will comes from equipment rather than leveling (At least for BBI stuff) so don't worry too much about how to level. I'll post the stat growths anyway if you'd like them.

yeah warrior is pretty shit for dodging, there must be some sort of fix for that, like a build that increases mobility or recovery

Actual fucking degeneracy.

Why not mod the game to standardize stat gains and just play the class you want to play?

That cheapens it and takes away the work.

I didnt make any but they really pissed off the sjw cunts on tumblr, that alone made them worth it for me
Seriously fuck those hypocritical cunts

posting my qt pawn

I'm gonna put it in her butt.

You're doing it wrong

You're doing it wrong

only 500'000 rift crystals good arisen

She has the eyes of a cock crazed madwoman

for

20k and this rusty sword I found underneath a rock, and not a shekel more.

throw in some golden eggs and she'll take off the mask

deal, but you're not gonna recognize her when I'm done

If you want to be a fucking weirdo, go assassin for as long as you can up until level 100, then go magick archer and abuse the fact that the skill that sets yourself on fire does damage based on your physical strength, not magickal.

As far as mods, I got the one to put fly into free into the main menu. I also think I will put the japanese voices into the game. Are there any good mods that improve the vanilla textures of the game?

Is there anything in particular that I should pay attention to if I want to play the Mystic Knight?
As in, make sure that I don't fuck my build up to the point that I am no longer able to progress.

You get double experience and discipline, take 4.5 times more damage, but even the lowliest goblin can drop 10k gold just because. In normal you're lucky if they drop 100.

Now consider that 90% of your actual damage stats come from your weapons at endgame. By that time you have enough gold kicking around just from slaughtering your way across Gransys that you can buy, max enhance, and then very likely Gold Rarify every piece of your gear ten to fifteen times over.

By the end of the game, you'll be getting all of the stats you need from your gear. The difference between a min-maxed kill and a "non-optimal" kill is about 4 seconds.

Shit doesn't matter. Just have fun and kill things.

Been looking for this for weeks, thanks user.

Fantastic.
Time for slaughter.

How do I arcane archer

Should I go magick archer from ranger?
Level 30-ish, got full vocation and it feels boring as fuck just spamming deathly/tenfold all day.

No reason not to give it a try.

You're always shit.

I did not know strider and ranger had decent stat distributions.

What about young boy pawns and also arisen ?

Tis way, Arisen!

Made an cool looking old mage guy with his goblin companion. This run will be good.

Why did you even get this game in the first place?

Really? I never seen any salt of this.

To have fun. For other things there's Honey Select.

Fuck you guys.

Why did you come back? Noone wants you here.

why does this rpg have so much stat autism?

One time I managed to hit a dragon(Wyvern) flying at me in the heart with the twin ice spires. Instadeath. Easily best gaming moment for me of 2016. Sorcerors dont fuck around.

Is he more stronger than a common goblin?

Because it's an actual RPG, not an hack&slash with a couple numbers.

My best moment so far was discovering that High Ingle can lock on to multiple enemies.
Then I found some harpies. Sending 3 of them down screaming for my twin viking pawns to slice up is pretty great.

How do I access the gate under the shadow fort? The goblin chieftan ran away and I think he's hiding in there.

I liked seeing that you can call up a reticle for Ingle without needing to rely on lock-on so I could snipe harpies from far away

It'll open during a sidequest called Putting the Eye Out
Nah he just ran away, if you're fast enough you can kill him before he does. You have to survive the fall damage out the window, it's easier on NG+

Oh man, wait till you get bolide. It's like a power trip. Not the strongest spell in the world at first but god damn it makes an impressive entrance.

Thats a different thing. Opens up later to fight an enemy, after something big happens. Then it opens up further iirc in Ng+.

so that mini nigger can just insult you and run away like a pussy if you can't one hit kill him?

Either one-hit kill him or catch up to him while he's running away and do it, there's like a ten second window before he really gets away

Just saw this while looking for a quest walkthrough kek
archive.fo/BhUPZ

OP, buy an archistaff or change back to mage.

Dragon's Dogma 2 or 1.5 with sensible damage calculation when

For once normalfags don't disgust me.

Capcom consider DDO to be DD2.

how do I enter this place, and the cave behind me?

"Capcom consider DDO to be DD2."[citation needed]

This post reeks of newfaggotry

Could you show it on the map? That looks like the ruined castle where the bandits camp out, but I'm not sure. If it is the bandit's camp you should just be able to take the front door, and there's a back way by the beach

Continue the quest line concerning the Duke's bitch.

how? I did arousing suspicion, but what else is there?

It's northeast of hillfigure knoll.

for the base game and your first play through of BBI it is. When you get to BBI 2: Electric Bugaloo there are too many things doing too much damage that tank too much damage throwing too much shit at you to trade with them ever.

idk, google it

Then is right, but that part of the questline doesn't become available until after the Duke shows you into the treasury. You get a PG-rated sex scene though

why though

So he can stab him before throwing him off a cliff
Isnt it just some hired pawn

who are you talking about?

dear god of all the mods i wanted to happen this was the one
i wouldn't mind doing my own balance pass at the augments. all the shit on nexus makes them all way too fucking powerful.

You can only get in by doing an escort mission with the Duchess.
You may even wind up with worst girl at the end for doing it.

But why

Also, in case you're wondering, a damage calc fix mod is not realistically possible. I spent more time trawling the game files than playing the game when the port dropped. The stats can be changed but the problem is the formula itself, which can't.

Holy tits

Tenfold flurry with conqueror's periapts and blast arrows is the most OP shit in the game.

Do you think it's possible to just flatten all damage / defense values so that at least you don't end up in situations where monsters only take 1 damage per swing if you didn't level your physical attack enough?

It might be possible to just set all the defenses to 0 and alter resistances (which all reduce by a percent of damage) and/or hp pools to try to make up the difference. So doubling your natural and weapon strength would always double your effective damage against a given monster. This might remove a little depth to the game, and it also might inadvertently make unenchanted magick bow shots, mage bolts, and magick cannon spam more brokenly powerful (because they are null element magic).
The bigger challenge would be the sheer amount of work to find the appropriate values to change. Almost everything in the game is stored in raw numbers, including monsters, locations, categories of stuff, whatever, most of it's just raw numbers. The player/pawn class names, inclinations, and a couple of stats are in somewhat recognizable English, but not much else.
Discovering the values of things like inventory items and equipped skills wasn't too difficult, because you just unpack a save, back it up, change an equipped or carried item, save again, unpack the new save, and compare the two saves to see what's different.
But figuring out what static stuff in the game correlates to what identifiers is really tough, because the only way to do it (that I'm aware of) is to change something and wander around until you figure out what's different.
I discovered this, alongside some other people, when I took a first stab at mapping out spawn points. I wanted to make sort of a super-post game mod to actually build a challenging NG+ kind of experience. But finding points was godawful, and everyone seemed to lose interest pretty quick.
On the plus side I startled the shit out of myself when I stumbled across some enormous goblins I made in the Shadow Fort when I started a new arisen on my craptop over the holidays.

pic related
For reference those Armored Cyclops are their normal size.

Wolves hunt in packs, Arizen!

THEIR KIND HATES ICE AND FIRE BOTH

Soaked to the bone!

Tis a portcrystal, master.

It did flop, really hard too.
It was only once dark arisen came out the game got a lot of niche popularity

Friendly reminder that DD has a top-tier story and storytelling so wonderfully subtle that most ADHD-riddled faggots can't even find or comprehend it.

When they're that big, does the game still let you pick them up? Or do they become climbable based on in-game height?

They don't become climbable.
Couldn't manage to pick one up, the fuckers ran round too fast, and still died in 2-3 hits.

Well, I'm still going to change some stuff. Namely spells. If I can figure out melee skills I'll try rebalancing warrior as well.

While you were trawling through files, did you happen to find where damage parameters for abilities are stored? Right now I'm editing actual effects, but I've seen nothing so far that screams damage parameters. Its all stuff like spell effects.

Also, Daimon's ice missile spell is in here. I wonder if it'd be possible to move it over to Frazil's slot or something.

Pretty sure they're in param\pl\other, but aren't unpacked correctly by the version of the unpacker I have. I don't know if the guy who wrote it ever got it working for those files.

So I have been switching between warrior, ranger, and fighter every once in a while playing the game. I wanted to at least beat the dragon and then start farming the guards for points. Is this a good idea? I wanted to get some levels as ranger in for stamina and magick defense.

What is the best class for Gerald-like character? Mystic knight seems to be the most fitting for abilities, but warrior for his single weapon use.

thanks for adding to my houtengeki collection

Assassin with sword
Lorewise witchers don't wear much armor and rely on speed

The only correct way to build a character is to play a Sorcerer or Assassin from levels 10 to 200 for maximum damage growth.

Tell that to somebody beating the game on HM at level 50. The grigori fight takes hours and a single attack from him is an instakill on any class.

If you don't take advantage of HM and play the game normally even regular dragons are final boss tier hard,.

my pawn was strider for the vast majority of my playtime and does horrible rape damage with its balanced stats.
my arisen is a bit heavier on the physical side which is fine except for those living armors.

I feel you. Most people don't care about story that much if the gameplay is good, but nonetheless, it is a vital part to an RPG regardless.

Kill yourself, biodrone

To be fair, he didn't criticize gameplay, he just asked if it is the only thing that matters. To which, I agree with him. You don't *need* a story, but it makes the world a hell of a lot more interesting. Dialogue is less of a matter, however. I think that while cueable dialogue that doesn't change the story is pointless, but I feel that the story should be a bit more linear. Then again, I'm only lvl 25 so I can't say much just yet.

Also, warrior or fighter? Most are probably going to say fighter but I'd like to hear both sides.

If you're going fighter you should go as a dwarf only party

The story is pretty linear as is

Warrior is the worst vocation in the game by far and both are inferior to a sword & board Assassin.

what did he mean by this?

or

Well, maybe linear wasn't the word I'm looking for. Streamlined is what I meant.

Well, care to explain why?

See

A streamlined story? So like, a speedrun? There is speedrun mode.

Or do you just want to skip combat altogether and just get story? If so, consider suicide.

No.
Now you're just making assumptions.

I mean the way the story is narrated and sown together. It's choppy, the pacing is inconsistent from a writing perspective. I mean, I get that its an RPG, but the way the story is told is sloppy. That doesn't make it any worse of a game, that's just my take on how its written.

Yeah we get it, the story sucks.
Literally none of us are playing this game for the story.

You kept making inquiries on what I was saying, so there you have it.

Well unlike yourselves, some of us like to have all intended categories of a game to be just as high quality as the others.

Jack of all trades, master of none. Games with "equal" categories tend to be bland, forgettable shit that doesn't get talked about here, for a good reason. Name one game that excelled in every category and was universally praised.

You can't because those games don't exist and I can bet you if you try, somebody here will prove you wrong.

Whether or not those games exist, should it not be something all games strive for? As a standard for greatness?

t. not a video game developer

Three departments. Writing. Design. Code. Some interact with each other more than others. Writing of a story has nothing to do with code, whereas the design of characters might have to take programming the game into account. Writing and design go hand in hand. Writing and coding do not. We're talking about story here, lad. The only thing that coding and writing share is when the coding executes the command to display the respective parts of the story.

You're a fucking idiot. Story is completely insignificant if the gameplay is good. I'm glad DD triggers storyfaggots this hard by putting gameplay above every other factor.

Who gives a shit, go play cave story then, its the closest thing to your claim that a game like this exists.

Nigger its a good game, all I'm saying is the story isn't. Let me repeat that because you seem incapable of basic fucking comprehension.

Just because the story is bad does not make it a bad game. It just means the story is bad.

Go suck a cock somewhere else.

I bumped it