youtubers flee to minds.com DEATH OF YOUTUBE

youtubers flee to minds.com DEATH OF YOUTUBE

Understood. but if you want to help change happen, please help somehow. I know Holla Forums cares about video's, or at least some of you do. how do we protect our freedom to watch videos of DR.Richard Wolff? maybe help support freedom so we can still do that tomorrow.

I know.

I just wanted to point out this excellent thread on /n/ because this could be the death of youtube. I came across it by accident even though I don't give a shit about /n/ and I thought It would be a great idea to tell Holla Forums about it. if there is anyone that can do anything that helps in any way to help along some good change, please do so now.

>>>/n/491052

8ch.net/n/res/491052.html

When the mass exodus happened to Holla Forums and Voat, Holla Forumstardism quickly infected both communities which were communities that aimed to atleast be some what bipartisan. Look at those websites now.

If you want website with influence, this is the time to do it. We need to lay the seeds so to speak.

I'm trying to make people aware of this right now.

Anyone know how the monetization shit actually works on Minds?

In the end, if it's just another corporation that you have no control over, they can easily just act nice to gain users, and then start fucking people over just like youtube. Someone should turn this site idea into a co-op instead. Also, it's a little fishy how all these people are suddenly moving over to Minds. Why not somewhere else? Are they getting paid?

We don't need to jump a bandwagon
We need to make our on websites and compete with them.

check the link to the /n/ thread. I think someone mentioned it there.

remember youtube was aquired by gooleg. a move away from them is a huge step towards freedom and privacy. we can use the chance to regroup and even do better.

lemming effect maybe, but I'm not complaining right now. we have some sort of chance to do something real. I hope we make it count.

youtube has been shit for the better part of 4 years now, so i support this

I miss when youtube wasn't flooded with corporate bullshit and all this fucking sponsored content.

They have success because of their outreach on facebook, tumblr, twitter, youtube, etc. countering them is important

you sound like a shill tbh.

Why not Vimeo? Vimeo retains the highest quality encodes that I've experimented with so far.

It also doesn't need quite as much fucking javascript just to function.

Both sites are corporations I don't care if any one of them falls

I love it how people suggest making a change and everyone springs up out of nowhere with a million alternatives to splinter the community that leaves youtube to total nothingness so that the exodus fails miserably instead of a unified move to one good new place.

Still hasn't changed what I said. Minds.com looks like shit.

fuck off shill. It's a private owned company, not your fucking savior.

Can you stream on this shit? I want twitch.tv to die for injecting ads directly into streams.

Does this mean I have to download every fun video before the site dissapears?

I hate to say but this is kinda what happens when you have an undemocratic run enterprise. Especially one with such a large userbase. That and liberal idpol is the new defender of private property.

no YOU fuck off shill

Your website sucks.

Site looks like cancer tbqhwy famalam

Not who you replied to, in fact this is my first post in this thread, but holy shit you're a fucking faggot.

You must be like 12 years old. Minds looks like cancer. I strongly dislike what Google's doing with YouTube, and in fact I was just talking about this stuff earlier.

There's a big problem with this shit. Reddit got big enough that malicious forces turned it to shit through the abuse of the system itself? Oh, let's just recreate the exact same system and hope all goes well this time (Voat), because the reason it failed wasn't because of the innate flaws in its design, but because of individual circumstances! Same with the Holla Forums exodus, and now YouTube.

Do you really think Minds gives a shit about fucking free speech and class struggle and the lot? Do you really think that if Minds were as big as YouTube it wouldn't end up becoming a bitch to Hollywood and political agendas?

We need a fucking permanent revolution for these content platforms. A distributed (not decentralized) reddit / imageboard / video hosting platform with none of these shit innate design flaws. Platforms that don't allow for fucking mod abuse and shadowbanning and outright censorship by design.

That being said, just use Vid.me for now. I get wanting to exodus to another website; it's quick and easy and painless and accessible. Building entire distributed networks that should in theory work and not have shit design flaws is a lot more work than opening up a different video app every day.

Vid.me doesn't look like shit and it already has plenty of people on it. Plus, some Holla Forums fags are on it IIRC. Just don't praise it like your fucking bastion of free speech.

would be nice to have a video sharing site on Holla Forums, but i doubt they would have the money for it

yea mang, back when google video was a thing and youtube was new as fug

They're doing that? I watch it quite a bit and never received one. Are you using ublock?

This post is gold.

Ty fam.