/urg/ Underrail general

Post builds. Ask help. Share your horrible Deep Caverns experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

www42.zippyshare.com/v/5i2Jhsdg/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

take red pill and punch things with your mind

Pure psi. Max every psi stat for massive synergy. All crafting skills except biology to max. Biology to 60, enough for best healing. Hacking and lockpicking at same rate accounting for synergies (which means base hacking is lower than base lockpicking, because synergies). Psi beetlr trenchcoat, psi amplifier, HF shield. It's very very cookie cutter, I know. But i just love it too much, not very many turn-based RPGs have a "magic" system this fun.

Oh forgot, can skip chemistry, too situational outside of a crossbow build.

I'm on my 1st playthrough and this is my faggot PC at level 1
>AGI 5 (6) The parenthesis are because of synergies, right?

>Tailoring 0 Sewing is for gays

Rate my build

Pirate link or gtfo

www42.zippyshare.com/v/5i2Jhsdg/file.html

Luv u bb

Why would you play this when the superior game UnderTale exists?

Spread too thin, 4/10, won't make it past level 5 without focusing.

Same guy, different PC. Here's my build at level 25.

Nevermind, my IP stayed the same.

Just play fallout, much better game

Bump

Agreed.
This isometric shit is horribly outdated, and the graphics are pretty shit to for a game that came out in 2015…
:^) :'^)

While also punching things with your firsts.

I did my playthrough as a "psimonk", augmenting unarmed (fist weapon) melee with Psychokinesis. Forcefield was especially useful in making ranged enemies come to me and punching out Cthulhu Tchort in a single round was really satisfying.

The Deep Caves weren't really so bad. Long and boring but not really any kind of difficulty for the build, especially when I swapped my armor for the more practical CAU suit.

You can PUNCH THINGS with my MIND FISTS

but not for 40+ hits per turn.

I made my build around Force Emission and Telekinetic Proxy. Every unarmed melee attack is worth 3 then, and then I get two more hits from Spikes, plus the Pnumatic fist hitting for 200+ every 4th attack, and attacks only cost 7ap.

Why did this game steal undertale's name?

Isnt this game just a meme?

First build that got me to the under caverns was smg grenadier, and then I realised I couldn't get back up to the surface and I didn't have my good gear on me, so I ended up rage quitting and restarting with a psi monk and face rolled everything.

The thing about the psi monk build, at least my version of it, is that it's so squishy you can die in one wrong move at any point.

Basically if I got stunned or crit by a crossbow/sniper rifle or billocated I was pretty much dead. Bullhead, energy shields (vs coil spiders especially) and using my forcefield to help close distance all kept me going.

Funny thing is once I was in the deep caverns, other than keeping my shields up I didn't have to worry so much. Tchortlings were basically harmless.

I never got past maybe two hours in, at that point I wasn't looking for a really challenging game and this one just throws enemies at you from everywhere from the start. I did like the whole telepathy lesson where you're sent to some mystic mind cave and faced right away with some completely OP mindlizard. This game is old school and I'll play it again some sunny day.

If you look away during the lesson, you won't be sent away to the dreamland (it's not actually a dreamland, the island is in one of the maps with the psi beetles).

Scanners are quite literally the easiest archetype to play with.

Scanners? You mean psi-beetles? They are very dangerous in packs due to psi-synergy. Rats are the easiest enemy.

Any mods for this game yet?

A few of those perks turned out to be shit, but otherwise I liked this build a lot.

This is was my build when I finished the game, pretty much just min-maxed.

how in the fuck did you end up with nearly 1000 HP? I know my Con was shit, but there's just no way an extra 6 con could account for 5x the HP.

I'm guessing easy mode, which gives you double the health, since my playthrough was on Hard mode which reduces your health. That, the extra con, and the lack of Psi Empathy should explain most of it.

Why would someone min-max on izi modo?

I am considering starting a crossbow/traps/grenades character on hard mode with oddity xp system. I am wondering how viable it will be, I will probably need to invest a shitload into crafting for the grenades and traps.

What did they mean by that?

Codexian "subtle" humor

What is Underrail?

5$

So this game is some kind of russian Fallout or what? Im a little interesed because psi powers. Also, it can run on a potato pc like Fallout?

Why does nobody but random autistic indie developers care about things like this? It makes a game feel like there's actual care and thought of quality in here.

Because "effective managers" know shit about game development other than textbook stuff to and statistics while cutting corners on everything but marketing. Though not often, some big developers actually do it too.
As for quality, Underrail oddity exp system is fukking genius, too bad it requires careful game/level design which is no-no for quantity over quality AAA games.

Holy this fucking AI at the power station in DC is fucking me up, i bought a shit load of shock bolts and EMP granades for the fight since i don't have enough persuasion but still i get gang raped by those industrial bots.

Also, the conditions to ally the faceless are fucking retarded

Also, how viable is a full melee/psychokinesis build?

I ran full unarmed (melee)+psychokinesis as my build through hard mode.>>11604472 is me. It's completely viable and very easy to kill things with, but my low HP means that if I'm caught off guard I can instantly die. Sometimes that means savescumming just to win initiative.

What are the conditions for allying the faceless in the deep caverns? I didn't have ANY problem with that.

As for the AI, my recommendation is to run and hide. As soon as the fight starts I ran to one of the side rooms. From there I think the second industrial bot lost track of me, which gave me time to fight them one at a time. Since I was an unarmed build I was using Expose Weakness in order to kill them.

-In buzzer's shop: Let the mindreader probe your brain and let him kill buzzer
-In Core City: Free the injured faceless and give him a bandage/health hypo
-In the cave near Foundry: Be honest and give information about the stolen cube to the faceless centaur

Well that and also try to not kill one of them in the whole game until your reach DC.

I let the mindreader at buzzers shop probe me and then killed him. Did the other two things though. Might have been a bug, I don't have the most up-to-date version.

The Faceless, and the Deep Cavern in general, are all a big letdown. I get the feeling that the devs were completely burned out by the end.

I having a hard time breaking bots with only a crossbow and skills that only do frost and heat damage with little mechanical damage.

So on top of everything you are using an ultra-shitty crossbow. No idea what to tell you.

The thing that really annoys me about the deep caverns is just that you are stuck there until you finish the game. It renders the loot mostly useless. As a result of that you just keep pushing through with little interest in anything but the main quest, which ultimately makes the whole area feel more boring and empty than it actually is.

It's the loot that keeps the game, and games like it, interesting. You want to loot every single shelf and corpse, take your finds back to your stash, shop around and upgrade and resupply etc. Without all of that all you have is empty tedium.

Im using the Jawbone and it isn't getting any better, pretty much every crossbow stays near 25-55 damage, even the Moonson type ones.

You are forgetting about Enhancements. This is what I was able to throw together with just the parts in my inventory, without being specced for crossbows in any way. It was a pretty high quality monsoon part though.

Here's another one, base part quality 121

Shit i never bothered with mechanics because i only saw the pneumatic for the reload speed (AP reduction) and the scope for +precision, i forgot that the super string was actually a thing. I only went for tailoring since is the leather is the only thing that is farmable + you can make shitload of reapair kits out of it with the recycle item recipe.

Crafting is MASSIVE in this game. There's also the Boyer feat for Crossbows to increase their crit damage by 35%, if you can afford it. OF course

There's 3 kinds of scopes, one is accuracy, one is critical damage (second example) one is critical chance (first example).

I forgot all about crafting shit, I'm 9 levels in can I salvage?

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like thought control is wasted potential. In the beginning of the game if you want to learn the first thought control ability you have to either pass a will check or get mind controlled to a remote island with a psi beetle. I haven't gotten that far into the game but I definitely think the player should also be able to use thought control on people to some extent as a dialogue option.
The quest where you have to get the shield emitters for Gorsky is a good example. To get into the Protectorates building you either have to pass a persuasion check or pay 200 charons to the guy at the docks to let you in on a secret passage. I think there should be an option to use thought control which lets you get in for free without the use of lockpicks, money or high persuasion.
Of course, there is the possibility that using thought control is an utterly broken dialogue option to which I have a solution. Mainly, a will/thought control skill check. Other psi users will of course try to fight against it in which you have to figure out a correct sequence as well as a will/thought control check.
Another drawback I could think of is that people are hostile towards you/less prone to trust you or just outright attack you on sight. That is of course if you fail the check or need to talk to the same NPC again for some other quest. Taken from the wiki:
Thought Control is considered by many to be difficult and nefarious - mind controllers are often untrusted, so this drawback would fit the game like a glove.
I'm pretty sure the other skill psi's could be used for more purposes than combat but thought control is the one that stuck out to me the most. And that is not to mention the new psi that is coming along with the DLC which is Temporal Manipulation, or time magic in other words

FUCK OFF BACK TO TUMBLR

Wasn't playing on EZ mode. It was probably due to the high quality Sturdy Vest I used in crafting my armour.

Fuggg, forgot image.

Will the expansion take place after or during the events of the main story?

During. It's probably going to end up being just like your typical DLC expansion: add some new zone with it's own main quest and city and such that you can optionally get to and back from at any point around the middle of the game.

I am most excited about the new psi tree, it looks interesting and will spice up cookie cutter psi builds. Veteran perks are also a nice addition.

Simply retarded. How to use them offensively if you aren't in hiding?

Traps can be used without stealth, but they obviously greatly benefit from it.

I am wondering, is a stealth crossbow build viable?

Supposedly one of the better builds. Not sure how to make it work though.

mindbump

Anyone know where I can get the newest version?

up ur ass

Also, if your thought control is high enough, when they probe you in their camp you make them hostile for peeping into the prober's mind.

I'm
I tried this for my first run and it's pretty decent, most of the time i used stealth to avoid combat and then when i managed to get enough damage i could go ahead and pick enemies 1 by 1, it kinda sucks when you fight groups of 3 or 4 (always have flashbangs just in case). Feats like "Cryogenic Induction" helped me a lot thanks to 1 hit kills with aimed shot, but i'm pretty sure you can make it with regular stuns. Stealth really helps a lot if you're playing with the oddity exp system.

Just checked. Not there.

see