Space Station 13 Stories

I know that 8station is dead and there are not enough active players to have a Space Station 13 General but I would like see all the stories people have. Starting by posting a classic story.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station
github.com/ColonialMarines-Mirror/ColonialMarines-bleedingedge
youtube.com/watch?v=0HDKGzC_GYg
pastebin.com/KZsFYHsC
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station
github.com/Zaers/-tg-station
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where did you hear this? We've still got a server dude, we're just running FTL13 instead of standard SS13.

Woah ho ho. That is news to me. How is the population?

kinda shit, not really fully active 24/7 but we get good traffic on high time
not a whole lot going on tho

Bump.

What's the difference with FTL13 and SS13? Have been living under a rock.

ftl13 is on a ship flying through space fighting other ships

ss13 actually has more things to do

Are you surprised?
SS13 is basically a magnet for attentionwhores.
It's always the same three/four people that get control of the server, namefag, do their autistic snowflake shit etc etc etc.
Everytime it begins it's fun because there are new players, everyone is learning, everyone is exploring… then these fucks come around, people begin to rant at each other, more severe rules get enforced, they start to make the server public, dumb features are introduced and everything simply goes to shit.
First red flag is when you see people using their names on byond on Holla Forums.
Second red flag is when you hear people complaining about Admins interrupting a round just because.
Third red flag is when thread end up in fights between people that whine about specific things, people that support the server and others that boast about griefing.
Last red flag is when people complain about specific usernames in the thread, at which point it's assured the ship is going to sink.
Do like I do, wait for new servers to come up, play at the beginning then bail as soon as you begin spotting the flags I mentioned, playing with newbies from Holla Forums is the most endearing fun you will ever have.

4 admins and a newfag who can't write a sentence without sounding like he's on fucking Reddit is not a playerbase faggot. We used to have 30-player servers three years ago with enough robust players to contend with /tg/ in skill. I'm still upset it fucking died.

Okay then.

Why play FTL13 then if it has less things to do?

what is the fucking point of sec then, especially on extended?
turn off OOC during the round retard.

Sorry if I'm playing a traitor round and the admin decides lol meteors or lol xenos or makes a random wizard, they can go fuck themselves

Go back to hippie you absolute nigger.

it has alot of potential and focus more on a group effort rather then autisming off in parts of the station never to be seen from again

if we got our selves some more coders and just stopped updating ours from up stream we could make this shit so much more better then what normal ss13 could be but untill that happens then you're right

herp a derpppp why cant i just join an ss13 round and murder everyone i want to regardless of antag status??? whats the point of extended if it isnt just traitor but with griefing baldies?

FUCK ME I'M SUCH A FUCKING MORON GODAMN

sounds like everyone else is even more of one

You know people bitch about Baystation 12 but they have managed to keep theirs a healthy server for years now just by having a codebase that is regularly improved and not fucked up. Their admins may be kind of screwy but that is because of their autism as opposed to their conceit. Also no Asimov thank God. If there is one thing that prevents me from playing /tg/ more than anything else it is Asimov. It makes cyborg gameplay a nightmare. If one was to literally interpret Asimov's laws it would require that all humans be put in permanent cryogenic stasis. It surprises me how many servers use Asimov's laws by default for their cyborgs.

This is the deal breaker for me in so many servers.
If you want to do an event round then make an extended one.

Yeah, and then the autism broke out on the thread, no new players joined because the thread was filled with shit and the old players burnout and went to play other things.
You can blame the admins, they certainly deserve the scorn, but the "comunity", if you can call it that, wasn't much better.
All 8ch servers got the admins that they deserved: shitty autistic one's to go with the shitty autistic admins.

tbh if you git gud and the players who become the admin fuckery are bad, the salt is all the more better for it

What's wrong with Hippie station again? Wasn't that the first server we flocked to?

Hippiestation is absolute garbage. You can do whatever the hell you want to as a greytide but doing your job as Security officer is a quick way to get banned.

snow flaker fuckery and badmins is what I heard

this is why you read the wiki

Fuck me, I just hate this station and the human worms feasting on its carcass

what server?

FTL13 is apparently going about. But it is still run by gitgud, and so therefor terrible.
One day, euroserver will return, to save us.
You just gotta believe.

This is pretty accurate of the cycle.
Though, eurostation bypassed that by dying well before then.

Basically, you get a server what goes full murderbone every single round, lets greyshits do anything up to and including random murders, and refuses to let sec do anything other than gather guns and hunker down.

Hippie

how awful

This, let me retell a story
The problem is that Hippie mods will try to nitpick a ban in for anyone who hurts Driggers because she is an IRL girl

1. Why are people pussy to call these hotpockets and autistic high-rollers who're egotistic and desperate for power.
2. Who's Gitgud.

Once I managed to live so long as cook that I made 3 whole pizzas.

Also Hippie admins will never ban a metafriend

Not bad

Because nobody else wants to actually make a server? Because most other existing servers are already shit? Because the already small playerbase splitting means two dead servers?
That last one is the biggest, I think. You get a shitton of folk defending Gitgud and crew for his horrible, horrible behavior because 'muh userbase'.

Gitgud is the main runner of the server we used to have called 'hatestation'. Now apparently does the FTL13 stuff.
Guy's got a rather shitty track record as an admin, and for some reason continued to keep running shit even though he kept fucking up and shitting on his community.
This was the guy that decided it was a solid idea to change from the codebase we were using, to a far-less stable, glitchy, contentless pile of garbage, and who spent the rest of the time calling anyone who complained a bunch of whiny babies who's opinion doesn't matter, because, and he actually said this now, players don't matter.
Him and his crew were awful. I have no idea why they lasted as long as they have. He is the primary reason we went from having a wonderful, comfortable server of 30+ guys around every night, to having maybe 15 on a weekend night during very specific hours for at most one round.
Shit, back in the day, we used to maintain a stable outcropping of 10+ during morning hours.

I miss those times dearly. It was really a quite fun lot, until those gooks showed up.

alt station is still up you know

Someone needs to set up a 24/7 sandbox server to fuck around in.

Wasn't altstation literally just hatestation's testing alt?
Or was I thinking of a different one?

Who runs altstation? How's the playerbase?

big slice

it's deader then ftl13

I mean how big is the thing.

I'd be game for this. Building was always my favorite memory. Like that time we all moved to the asteroid because station got fucked and we were too lazy to fix it.

Building singu engines is my favorite thing to do.
Also, in case you guys ever build one yourselves, keep in mind, tiles go under the field and will boost the singu generator. Nearly killed a colony attempt.

nm it's closed now

fuq
So close.

I swear at this rate I'll be stuck with hippie.
or Urist. They seem like genuinely nice people. Too bad things never happen there.

I'm on basil and tired citadel out abit both seem alright but it's still nu/tg/ code which I don't entirely like

I was on sybil which fucking pissed me off to no end with how awful their snow flakes are

I have an idea on how to revive ss13 servers on Holla Forums, but it would require someone who understands how to change the code.
1. Restrict "who" command from non-admins, but allow how many people are in the lobby.
2. Change all of the names in ooc to "Anonymous", but allow the admins to see who is typing what.
3. Admins would be given a byond account each with the name like "chanserveradmin" to stop namefags.
4. The server is only allowed to post when the server is up, and updates to the server.
By doing this, you lose the element of allowing namefags and attentionwhores to become memes like meme meister/honkette or some shit.

Not necessarily a bad idea, but I feel like it still wouldn't stop the admins from latching on to their 'chanserveradmin #' name.
Which, considering 80% of the issues with namefags tend to be administration, wouldn't help too much.
Still, could work. Best part is it keeps away metagrudging.

Would you set up round IDs? Otherwise OOC would be a tad hectic.

Yeah, that'd be a good idea.
I'd host the server myself since i know how to, but I have absolutely no idea on how to code or change byond files.

Yeah, that's a problem for a lot of folk I hear. SS13 has, from what I understand, some weird code.

Byond code is fucked, even coders i know refuse to do byond code because of the lack of information that is provided.
However, that being said, if you're a coderfag and would like to help me with the project, please contact on byond at chanserverowner. or just make the server yourself, since ftl13 is incompetent.

Sadly, I am not.
Though, I am considering learning just for SS13, on account of that I absolutely love the game but hate most everyone who actually does anything on it.
Unfortunately, SS13 code being as autistic as it is, that might be a pain to learn. Alternatively, not having the good habbits may mean it is easier to start with that than learn it down the road.

GUESS U CULD SAY THE CODE IS… BYOND FUCKED
HEH

we have no coders that haven't been utterly pushed out by autistic fuckers though

I am sadly only a spriter and a idea guy

good one fellow channer

Well if you want to become a good coder on byond, please do so.
Most coders i know are absolute faggots

anything is helpful, don't forget that.

Carlos you lil spic I know it's you, fuck off faggot

once you have all the important stuff already in place sure

Yes.

I ironically snowflake to show these fags how rediculous they sound. Guess which recurring character I am. Hint: I'm aryan and a catgirl

on sybil ? I think I know

Nah, basil. I also fuck around a lot to enrage the modtists like Mekhi.

Okay nerds, chanserverowner here. I'm going to look at the code and try to figure out how to edit this for myself. Please give me your recommended codebase. Thank you.

/tg/ is pretty good. I reccomend anything that lets you change your FPS in the prefs(/tg/ does this, makes the game look a lot smoother)

cpcode

he seems not so bad if not jerked off alot

oh and to save me the trouble of getting the wrong code, please provide the link to the codebase aswell. Thank you.

I get spammed with bwonks every shift because I "broke their immersion" or some retarded shit by using meme arrows in say. I'm not fond of ARRRRRPEEEE retards.
They also condescendingly send you a fucking "hey can I talk to you about something" message before actually tell you about what you fucked up.

what trash

Just enforce random name then.

github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station

Thank you. I'll be messing around with the code and will be posting updates in the thread.

it's the code not the jwe him/her self

Do people still think hes a tranny?

Love this idea. Would also add that if you namefag and associate it with the server admin name get instant deadmined.

I'm sure

you're Caitlyn Rose

Nah, I'm Mugi-chan "auschwitz" Moko-Liru
Originally Mugi Moko

oh I've seen you around too

Ironic snowflaking is still snowflaking.

Use a slightly outdated /tg/ (2-3 years old) codebase like cpstation or pizzastation, they are the most comfy and stable of them all with the ability to be compatible with minimal effort for most of the newer features introduced recently.

I think that we need to update CPcode with alot of stuff from nu/tg/ like destructible everything, clock cult, lavaland and rnd items and we'll be in topper shape but it's not going to happen since >lel no coder

A severe downturn on anyone wanting fun in space. There was something in the official thread who posted a codebase related to underwater lab life, and I'm interested in trying it out. It's too bad the server will liven up as it always does in the summer, and die back down in the winter. This is pretty pitiful for for someone who enjoys their summer outdoors to sacrifice a part of his life to play a stupid online game with people he doesn't know.

we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders we need coders

This.
These are the best. Modify as you see fit to ad more shit

Alright pals, after messing around with cpcode I still have no idea on how to change ooc names into anonymous IDs would be too difficult to do without an actual coder.
Any other goys got any ideas?

getting an actual coder to do it or learn how to code your self

Does anyone have the screencap of that guy who was crying because he was force fed custard or whatever for half an hour?

it would have been eggs

The reason is: Went around the station annoying people with igniter-prox sensor assemblies,
Told to stop, argue'd that it wasn't interacting, and then was told to stop regardless of what they thought was the case, went on to drop 3 more in the hallways. Generally bad attitude turned worse there when asked if they understood why they can't go around doing that and said that the admin was being worked up over nothing.
Read your drone laws."

geeze what a trash admin

This is the only way. Unfortunately, my attempts to learn thus far have been met with crippling no idea what I am doing.

it was a perma ban after confirming it with him

oh and xenos

Eeryone who learns BYOND code is an faggot because BYOND code is for faggots.
Get over it.

you're a faggot

But muh spessmen doing spessthings

Dust has finally settled on the hippie station drama going on this month.

Hippie is for niggers and twelve year olds who just want to murderbone quickly before the round ends after 20 minutes because eevryone is dead to said murderbone.
What was their shitfest this time? Did an admin get offended and start banning over people saying niggers again?

xenos on hippie fucking suck

Shit, xenos were already stupidly underpowered to any sufficiently motivated or otherwise prepared crew, this is getting silly.

what's the fuck is up with hulks and this hocky gear shit though?

pastebin.com/fngyh23a

Two headmins of the three got straight up replaced.

Hey niggers. Stop playing Hippiestation.

I really want our own good server up tbh

but it's not going to happen because we have a massive lack of coders and no one wants to code for us which is frustrating as hell because fuck literally every other server for various bullshit they do, shit's getting to the stage where I'm about ready to pay for a dedicated codering slut

please do
t. chanserverowner

I would like for us to have our own station again.
I miss teaching you niggers the importance of Fire Safety.

No but I have this

The only thing missing would be to put the locker on a constant conveyor in a room with this set to loop

really hating basil tbh

>>>/agdg/28393

thank you user, you have done a good job.

not really, I've tried before and it's just not going to happen

As long as we have hope, anything's possible.
We just gotta dream.

I've asked in the agdg threads here before and not gotten much interest outside of one person who said they'd look into it but this time around there's not even a reply

t. kevin/mekhi

So does anyone have a decent server to play on (FTL13 is not a good one) anymore or is ss13 pretty much over?

I fucking had an hour debate with that, about me killing a traitor when i was sec.
Kevin was such a faggot and kept bring up old points that i already answered and kept ignoring what i was saying like the giant manchid he is.

reason is:
Take this time to read over security policy, space law, and the wiki on security. Executing handcuffed personnel without authorization, justifying it with "the warden didn't stop me", and doesn't seem to understand why this is bad. They were the detective too. Also said that they had an esword which apparently is a good reason to assume that they would have a freedom implant and therefore a good reason to execute.
This ban was applied by kevinz000

Pretty fun.

he only does this kinda shit if it involves him he's one of those badmins who admins while playing

so good

all of them are shit, I thought that basil was decent but not with kevin "lets enforce the rules for every little thing to a autistic degree" faggot

sybil is much worse as there's alot more annoying snow flakes there who'll valid you but will whine on hours in deadchat about getting valid back

Is that the server where they fucking nerfed darkness

yes, it is

how the fuck do you nerf darkness on an SS13 server

that's like removing hands

what the fuck

hope they were virgin goats

it's a server filled with retarded children who do nothing but murderbone or get murderboned within 5 or 10 minutes

they ''removed the thing where darkness hid shit"

how the fuck did they decide this was a good idea, this was a server george melons adminned at one point

what the FUCK

alot of shit happened with that server recently, drama which made 2 of the headadmins get dropped out right

Reddit/Goon infiltration, it does bad shit to servers man. It's how /tg/ went from one of the best servers to being nuTG in such a short time.

I'd agree with this

I'm a coder who's long wanted to work on a multiplayer game but from what I've seen of BYOND it just doesn't look very good. Are there any active projects to port SS13 away from BYOND?

there's tons of projects trying to do such a thing and the closest that's not fallen apart is the doom wad

which is taking awhile

I think that CM is a very boring server

hippie is such a trash server, the fucking murderboning snowflakes meta gaming and salt'in dead chat because they think they get meta gamed back when really they're just so bad

I was in one once. It ended with a coup.
Well, sort of. The captain was one of the primary conspirators, so I guess it isn't a proper coup.

how does a captain coup?

Without a doubt the best multiplayer gaming experience of my life right there

kek

this is an amazing story

what server is this?

it was hippie but this was over a year ago. when that faggot looping became an admin the server quality nosedived almost overnight

Well, you see, the warden was kind of a nutter, and the HoS was probably in on it, along with at least part of the rest of sec.
So, lawyer basically reports the warden's shittery, captain holds a mock trial, and bob's your uncle, shit went to all fuck immediately after. Oh, and the HoS and warden got pissy.

I mean, my second game or so ever was spent unexpectedly as a Katawa Shoujo schoolboy fucktoy in cat ears.

I've been on and off that server and it every round is a five minute murderboner validing meta gaming mess

it's mssively worse then sybil and basil combined, how is such a thing possible

sounds like it was fun

you loved every moment of it

Really was, minus the massive shitfest that happened in the thread afterwards.

oh it was on our servers?

Yeah, hatestation. Back before it went completely to ass, anyway.

what even happened?

Well, I was a lawyer, doing my usual thing of make people sign stupid amounts of paperwork, and in walks the clown telling me how he's been robbed by the sec officer. I take is case, write it down, and move on. Come five minutes later, he's in jail for no reason that I could find. Whatever, says I, and leave him be for a bit. Gets thrown back in jail for the same crime, and so whines to me. I take the case, report to the captain along with some other guy's testimony that they've either had stuff taken or otherwise been harassed by the warden, and am done with it. He gets arrested again, and when his timer is done I take him to my office to get a full rundown on the circumstances.
For some reason, Sec goes full ape shit, screams bloody murder, Captain directly tells them to leave well enough alone, I continue trying to debrief this clown until the HoS himself breaks down my door into a private meeting with a defendant against explicit orders from the Captain himself.
At that point, things go to hell, Captain has to come in and try to defuse the situation, and we start planning with one loyal sec officer, an assistant who got his gloves he got from a vending machine stole, and an engineer who didn't really ever help.

I mentioned the result of that load, already. Captain coordinates an attack with the assistant, blows up two borgs while I and the captain take out the HoS and Warden respectively.
From there, a load of screaming takes place, and the Warden gets lost at some point at the penal mine. Apparently sucked out an airlock when I tried to recall the shuttle. Whopse.
We didn't know at the time, we assumed he escaped and was still at large. As a result of this, the HoS and a sec officer were still held for a while, because we weren't sure who's side they were on, and things were getting silly.

At that point, either ERT or Deathsquads are called in, can't remember which, to try and sort things out. Captain and I are for some reason primary targets. Probably because the captain fucking snapped, went full loony bin raving about executions and threats to Nanotrasen.
Eventually, either the ERT let out the HoS or something happened, but he escapes and kills the captain or otherwise takes his shit. I get arrested, and subsequently murdered in prison by a robot.

The aftermath in the thread was hilarious, though. HoS was really pissy about the whole thing. There was some 200+ posts, individually, from three or so people.

that's amazing but I meant with hatestation on the whole

Oh.
Long story short, we've been bleeding off users for ages, due to a lot of shittery from the administration as a whole. Gitgud decides to replace the code we've used for ages, that everyone liked, with a less stable one that has less shit and absolutely nobody liked rather randomly. Refuses to switch back for a long while, during which he claims that the opinions of the players don't matter.
Also switched to a tiny ass map with nothing on it that nobody liked for a while, but that was before the major load with the code.
At that point, when it became clear that Gitgud doesn't give a damn about his players, I left. We've already had a lot of problems before, like I've mentioned, with things like random favoritism to a supposed 'girl' player, Koriath code fucking up horribly, multiple server breakoffs that ended up in rather hostile mergers [during which there was also a sabotage of the public code], and a fair number of really dickish staff behavior. The last one was more part of the 'hostile merger' bit, but, yeah.
Suffice to say, it wasn't doing well, and so when gitgud changed the code suddenly, what was a 15+ on a weekend, but barely 5 if you're lucky any other time server, went down to a 0 players any other day than the weekend, 5 on weekends if you're lucky server.
Shit was so bad, when we finally got a new server like we'd been begging someone to do for two months at least, nobody played because people were so tired of SS13.
Damn shame.

ah I see, sounds like alot went on.

was this "girl" player also in the ps2 clan?

No idea. Was "EmilyInSpace", I believe.
Probably not an actual girl.

tranny fany like sierra?

More like probably a troll who took advantage of a load of autistis to fuck shit up with loads of drama.
Those were pretty interesting times, in all honesty. Back then, Mark himself hated us, for some reason. Something to do with Just L. I didn't get that involved, honestly.

I remember than cunt
Working medbay with her as the CMO was pure agony
She was being the angriest, most volatile crewmember I've ever seen. I was legitimately unsettled and decided to just shut myself inside virology never to come out. Jesus christ what was her fucking problem.

Chick went full psychopath on a couple of my mates down in Cargo one round, I remember. All they needed was a bit of patching up, but she went full maniac, tranquilized one of them, and tried to do the other.

Her main schtick seemed to be picking someone random to create a vendetta against.

drama is at least better then the server being deader then fuck

I need more stories

What servers do you play on to fill your cravings of SS13? I've been on /vg/ for months now and it's alright, but it'll never hold a candle to Pizzastation, which I miss dearly.

All I got, but there might be more from others.
Just imagine a psychotic girl with serious emotional problems and you got the gist of it.

Only two times i got to have real fun
[spoiler]If someone screencapped the captain's reply on the thread please share i wanna keep it for funsies.

I didn't save shit from that time. I also, for some strange reason, got along with Emily whenever I was by Medbay.

Only time I had issue was, and I am assuming this is her since it fits her MO, I got bound up by science.
This was a later join round, science was all finished up, and so I didn't really have much to do. I was going to go xenobio, but someone else was on that already, so I just fucked around in the dorms fiddling with outfits.
RD sends out a call for everyone to check in, we all do so, and about five minutes later, RD shows up in dorms where I was at, tases me, cuffs me, and hauls me to sci. Why?
Apparently being in the dorms fucking with outfits is traitorous behavior. So, for the next 30 minutes, I'm sitting there trying to convince RD that I'm not a traitor, and they're being a bunch of asshats. RD isn't having it, blindfolds and muffles me, throws me on a chair, and throws that chair in a welded locker until the shuttle arrives.
It was the stupidest crap I had ever seen.

that sounds to me more like sierra, he's done that kinda shit alot with people

Looping is a cool guy who doesn't ban security for doing their job though.

honestly why the fuck are all the xenos just recolours of each other? the CM server has some really lazy spriters

Was that the bitch who killed me for opening a door as a borg and lied to the admins about it?

none of those are recolors and you didnt post sideview which is much more intricate

I don't have the side view

It's really fucked how easy it is to confuse a Praetorian for a Queen from the sideview too, or a Hivelord from a Queen as well for that fact, they are almost indistinguishable outside of a small colorscheme change when viewed from the side.

Also CM is really shit. They keep telling their userbase that marines/aliens victory ratios are at a literal 50/50 while they refuse to release the actual numbers in the forums because "they contain logs", while nerfing the marines in every single patch because "it isn't balanced towards aliens winning more" due to "lore" and "realism" when you have hugger combat, shotguns having the range of dick and rifles being 100% useless against Crushers outside of AP munitions when in the movies even regular colonial civilian-rated shotguns could destroy a hunter in one shot. In here runnners laugh at you while tanking 6-7 bursts of SMGs and rifle fire.
You need to have a dedicated team of powergamers on every position in the ship coordinating and at least two squads on teamspeak to even have a chance to attack a hive with about a 40% chance of success, IF the aliens fuck up and get themselves killed. It's disgusting how unfun it is to play, every balance change made since alpha has been some retardation that either slows things down even MORE when they have regularly 1 to 4 hour games or makes it extremedly convoulted to get something done, to the point nobody bothers anymore like with Requisitions/Logistics drops or restocking magazines for more ammo.

the entire fucking sprite work of xenos all just blurs into one black mess tbh also egg/face huggers look shit too

god it fucking seemed like xenos were really strong vs marines too just by looking at hunters, you need a squad of 5 people to deal with a single hunter and even then you're not killing it unless it gets cocky but at the same bloody time you've got a player base with like two or three people actually teaming up and fucking snow flakes wondering off with their retarded descriptions and usually a stupid devantart picture of their character which is just a self insert anyways.

yeah they're just idiots that lack somewho knows how to into code and some egotistical spriter getting his dick sucked for repaints

github.com/ColonialMarines-Mirror/ColonialMarines-bleedingedge
Guess i'll just leave the old leak of CM here since you're here talking about it, improve it if you want.

Forgot to mention, it's deloused of any backdoors previously in the code.

Hey I remember that thread. It seemed everyone it that thread hated you.

The worst part is that the artstyle he uses, even for basic stuff like space cleaners or the goddamn research computers is crap when paired with other SS13 servers. Nevermind his choice of brownifying fucking EVERYTHING in the ship and planet, like if this were an AAA game with bloom out of the ass to sort out the absolute dogshit the lack of colors is.

I think the biggest offender is how every marine looks exactly the same. No i don't mean denoting special snowflakes. There's an ongoing issue on trying to identify if the guy you're talking to is an engineer, or a squad leader, or a specialist if he's not wearing B18 or has a rocket launcher, or a guy from YOUR squad at glance because all they have different is another shade of grey and a stripe of colour, and a 2px difference in helmets with a little antenna that's invisible in 2 out of 4 view directions doesn't fucking help anyone in mantaining cohesion in the middle of a battle.
Hell, people have it hard to find the right helmet when they're torn off, that's how everything looks generic as shit. It could be solved extremedly easily by giving everyone antag-like HUDs (or sec-hud implants on spawn) on their squadmates and other squads where you can easily denote if someone's a specialist or a squad leader. Medics were already solved with their backpacks but you're shitoutta luck if they decide to carry virtually anything else that isn't their default backpack since their helmet also suffers from the same 'generic with a different shade of the same colour or 1px of difference' bullshit.

Looping is a faglord who ruined the server for several people who he banned for "hilarious" reasons or because they were his friends.

t. a security who got a one fucking week ban for arresting a traitor, having him escape from my handcuffs three times while on the way to perma, and finally I settled for beating him into crit and perma-ing his mangled ass

fricken saved

god you're not wrong there what so ever and yeah that would fix the issue I'm sure they're cry about immersions though but fuck me when you make my sprites look good by virtue of at least being recognizable then it's time to rethink your fucking life tbh

OH and I'm sure the reason for this shit is due to the whole fucking wanting EVERYTHING be in "examine" even wounds in there like

or

they don't bother spriting shit for this stuffs though nor fixing fire on xenos

wew

speaking of admins I've resorted to jsut muted ooc and deadchat where I can to avoid the shitfest of circle jerking that goes on in almost every server

speaking of admins I've resorted to jsut muted ooc and deadchat where I can to avoid the shitfest of circle jerking that goes on in almost every server

First for dead serb.

the other thread is 404

why is the fart not comming out between the cheeks?

to get to the other side

ded

Fucking ayys, man.

I'm not an SS13 player but reading through the thread, it sounds like there were many fun times to be had with the fellow Holla Forumsanguard. Some of these stories are fucking fantastic and could only be created through organic evolution of Holla Forums mututal autism in an equally autistic game, it really makes me want to try this.

The depressing thing about this thread is hearing about how universally fucking shit all admins are everywhere. It practically hurts to read, you could have amazingly good fun but somehow for some fucking reason you ALWAYS get these egotistical loser admins/mods who always need to make everything about themselves. This happens in all online communities and it's the worst thing ever, more infuriating is the fact it seems inescapable. This shit resounds of immaturity, I would think that beyond a certain age you simply don't give a fuck enough to spaz out at the slightest things that don't go your way, but I guess that's wrong.

If I could, I would host a server, if I knew anything about it. I would give admin or mod privs to whoever seemed mature enough to do it right, and remove them if they started a downward spiral into namefagging egotism. I might even consider not playing whatsoever, just to try and remain enforced neutral.

I've never played the game but the whole thread sounds like reminiscing of good times long gone, never to be had again. It would be tragic if that were true, the only fucking obstacle is finding admins who aren't massive braindamaged retards with a Napoleon complex.

Minutes
He probably had an autistic hour long debate in the IRC about whether skeles are human or not

actually the problem is more with a lack of coders

that was fucking kevin

Actually, it wasn't Kevinz0 for once I think. Most of the /tg/ admins do this fucking retarded shit.

I hate this shit. It's why you never fine true sandbox servers for any game. (i.e. Chaos servers where the only thing not permitted is hacking) people are too much up their own asses to just have fun.

do they think it's polite? I'm guessing it's just a sign of clear circlejerking as the more alpha one getting emulated by the others subconsciously, that sort of shit

It was polite the first time, but now it's annoying as hell. I guess it gives me a bit of time to figure out how to come up with something valid or a loophole.

My default intention for a game like this would be to have a no holds barred server going. Aside from intentionally breaking the game, the only thing that would give me pause would be "griefing" but that gets into a heavily gray area. Where do you draw the line between griefing and permissible acts in a game? You can't really count griefing as something as simple as "ruining someone else's fun," because someone somewhere is always going to be whining and bitching about someone else doing something they don't like.

up to a point and then they're impatient as fuck

thing is though for something like that to actually work the game machines would have to make it so that the worst kinda griefing would be hard to do but that's impossible to do

Doesn't matter. Just run a side no holds barred server, that's all you have to do. Just one server, it doesn't mean there can be organized servers.
I guess you're kinda looking for a middle ground. Perhaps you could have a sec-like system, but instead of having OOC punishments for acting out of order, have IC punishments or reward. Sec kills someone? They have a explosive collar that counts down every time they use lethal force, which can be disabled by HOS. Or have implants make them unable to directly harm someone, just use taser and cuff.
Make some kind of autonomous AI script. This could be really simple if you're clever. Perhaps there could be autonomous triggers that count if a player has perceived explicit Antag activity (to add some drama you could even add false triggers like foam arm blades, or have non antags trigger shit) in their FOV, which the players would have to mark said antag via a hot key. (Wouldn't work if a player witnessed one but it was like more than 10 minutes ago) You couldn't mark players as antags via hot keys if those triggers weren't activated. This is important because if a player (who isn't an antag) attacks another player, who hasn't been marked as an antag, sec is alerted. (They can also be alerted for antags via other means like chat) Sec has a shock collar that electrocutes then if they harm players who are not marked as antags. (Perhaps it could have a warning buffer of like 1 or 2 so mistakes don't slip them up) Sec can view marked antags too.
Congrats, You've implemented an IC moderation system that doesn't leave any players unfairly treated and completely eliminates the need for mods.

*also this system doesn't make it so players can deduce who isn't an antag by just trying to mark everyone, the trigger system prevents that.
it doesn't even need to be shock collars either, you could have it tied to events (centcomm team comes in to kill corrupt sec, centcomm beams in weapons for crew because of corrupt sec, etc.) or just have automatic blue space artillery

FUCK
Also

we don't have coders for anything simple much less some kinda shit like that

You're a retard, it would literally be so simple.

And before you say some shit like
Remember we already have a button in the log that lets you follow people as ghosts.

having an antag item doesn't equal being a antag and this doesn't do anything against anyone who uses anything else

what if player d attacks back?
what if player d baited player c into hitting him inorder to mark him?
what if d is cult or rev or gang and thus having a EZ way of telling who's what?

there's lots more shit too

Welcome to SS13, the true anarchistic utopia in all it's glory.

You have roughly 85% of the playerbase made up by people that can play the game, some better than the others. But they can't code or host or contribute anything except their presence.
Among those, roughly 15% will be shitters that do nothing but spite everyone else for their amusement and 30% will be fags that toe the line between what's allowed and isn't, get into arguments with admins all the time and contribute to the shitmin meme directly.

These 45% of the playerbase will make every decent admin quit their rank because they don't abuse their position and therefore they have no reason to take this abuse. The only admins left are the ones that think it's worth their time because at least they can push buttons every now and then.

The last 15% are people that can code or host servers. These are the ones that get the worst deal though, despite being the ones that contribute the most to the game. It doesn't matter that you can code and someone else can't, somehow you're expected to code what the illiterate fag wants, not what you want. It doesn't matter that you're forking over all the costs to keep the server up, that fag that plays the game for free has an equal saying on the rules.

So you have this very ironic environment where several people will claim they want nothing but true equality among everyone so every spessmen can do what they want without hotpockets screwing with them, but at the same time they will hold coders, admins and hosts above an higher standard, demand that they solve problems or keep the game fresh and hosted for their pleasure only.

Not every player does this, luckily enough, but enough do it that the only fags that stick around are the fags that actually abuse their rank, that actually make truly awfull servers. SS13 communities get the admins they deserve, always. That's why Colonial Marines is still going strong but Hatestation doesn't.

Keeping SS13 going for coders and admins is like running the Social Service for niggers.

Of course it doesn't, but the point of the system isn't to be perfect, that's why I said you could add false triggers. If it was perfect, then antags would always be found because you could just deduce it by mass-marking people.
How? There's a clear line between non physical and physical violence
The point of the system is mostly to make it so that in a chaos server, sec wouldn't be corrupt. thus, it's mostly meant to be a "suspicion" system, more than a "this guy is 100% antag".
I don't understand your third question. What I think you're saying is that cults could mark other cults. That's retarded because as a player it's their goal to make the cult succeede. Perhaps add a penalty if they start mass-marking people of the same antag type, but don't remove the ability.

never change

it mostly just removes from the role playing aspect and makes the wanted system that's already in place redundant

What you are suggesting here is a way to code Automated Moderation. Which surprisingly enough, is even worse than self-moderation or community moderation.
It's not new, it has already been tried in different iterations and never properly works. There was a server similar to CM that had a script turning players into corgis for team-killing. All it did was having a player standing in lines of fire to grief his own squad, or being an ass to provoke everyone else into shooting him.

Rules and laws established by humans and enforced by humans are already incredibly easy to exploit to the point that baitkilling is a thing in this game, all because self-defense was exploited by people, leading to very grey areas that not even attack-logs help solve.
If not even humans can handle this kind of bullshit, what makes you think an automated system would not be heavily abused by players to grief the server?

What the game needs are actual RP reasons and content to address the issues and less focus on combat, the absolute worst part of SS13. I have no idea what's everyone fixation with it when combat is practically coded like an afterthought, something that's possible to do on top of everything else but so badly written and done that you'd think electrocutions with cables are more primary than punching people.

What the game needs is currency and temporary unlocks to reward behaviour and actions that contribute positively to the server and penalize those that don't even care about their job or their life.
If your job could earn spacebucks with 15 minutes of your time and use those spacebucks for something like +10 max HP for a single round or +5 melee damage for a single round and similar things, suddendly people would put at least the very basic effort to do their assigned job and every shitter would be at a disadvantage with everyone else. And maybe if killing people when you're not an antagonist means losing said cash and\or taking penalties for the next rounds, people would not be so trigger happy.

Well, you could just integrate it with that. Like I said the point is to make a autonomous moderation system so that in a chaos server, sec still stays in line. I don't see what it removes from the role play, though.

That's why you have a mistake buffer.

Truly the SS13 we deserve.

A mistake buffer does nothing.
The guy using this to grief doesn't care if it's gonna take 1 or 5 shots to trigger it on you, he's gonna stand in front of you anyway, even if the buffer is 90 damage.
But if the buffer is larger than that, if you can do over 100 points of damage, then he will instead shoot one person until he falls on crit and suffer no consequences because of the buffer.

Secondly, buffers apply to shitters too. If you can fire 3 times in friendly-fire before the system triggers, you're gonna get people shooting precisely 3 times at someone to try and scare him into shooting back. Or you'll have him shoot people just once when they are heavily injured and about to go crit.

You are going to always have a smartass that finds a way to abuse the system to punish everyone else. That's how ALL griefing goes.
Because at the end of the day, you're still letting someone to do shitty things in the server. You are trying to code the behavior away, not the player and this NEVER works.

What you need is a server that strictly advertizes what kind of playerbase it wants and bans anyone that knowing that still chooses to act in a different way. And if you say your playerbase is anyone and everyone, then you can't ban or make a system to punish shitters and griefers because they are part of "anyone and everyone".

Again, and it's shamefull that these examples have to be used, but it's why Baystation or Citadel is still up and going. Because they know very well what kind of playerbase they want, they broadcast it very well and ban anyone that doesn't fit in but still forces himself there. They are a terrible playerbase, but they know what they want.
What do you think Baystation would look like if they didn't ban powergamers or Citadel if they didn't ban the furry haters?

there's the karma system which unlocks races and jobs that's given by doing your job or by other player but it just makes people autism in their own departments more

it removes court room trials

can be solved easily by talking about potential changes to come, testing the waters and then finally fitting to suit

there's two kinda peeps with that, actual people with real issues with the server and people who're just shitposting to cause drama because they feed off of it

I'm sure the people who actually have legitimate reasons against you would in actual prefer you do something about said reasons rather then just bunkering down because you can't handle pressure

what's this half and half shit? sure there's groups of faggots who're friends together who played before but that isn't half the server

it's almost like it's not just two groups of peeps or something

The penalty is only temporary (just a shock) and only applies to sec. crew do not have the penalty. Anyone in the crew, however, can be marked if they do ANYTHING harmful or antag-like, which removes the penalty from sec. Sec can't reasonably bait someone into attacking because they're not allowed to use anything other than stuns (unless the station is evacuating). Sec has a (lengthy) time limit to catch each marked person, otherwise they get penalized in some form.
Even if people start abusing it, it's a chaos server. The only point of these rules is to stop sec from not doing their job on a chaos server.

The karma system is stupid because it doesn't reward your work, it rewards circlejerking or impressing other people.
You can be damn sure that the clown hoards more karma than the medic because he's a lot more vocal and visible, and you can be sure that "friends" will keep trading karma with each other regardless of what they do. Two Assistants roaming around doing nothing all round will trade karma and this is far more reliable than setting power as Engy or healing people as Medic, despite contributing less to the game.

All this does is have people talk about hypothetical scenarios and exagerated ideas in their head because change is scary and nobody ever likes it.
Case in point: the change to stuns in Hatestation, that absolutely everyone dreaded and claimed it was gonna make the game worse. Turns out it didn't, all it took was testing it for a while and discussing the results of said test to fine tune it. If the idea was discussed before being tested, you can be damn sure it would never have even been tried.

Hey, I'm just a player man. I just don't like to see the servers I played on to go down because of bullshit reasons.

I meant specifically the two big types of SS13 players, those that roleplay a lot and those that powergame or don't care for much of the roleplaying itself. The first kind tends to hate when someone barges into a department they aren't authorized to be in when they aren't even traitors, while the second half sees nothing wrong with this, they just wanted some item from there.

It stops being player politics when the whole thing you see in threads is "[admin] is shit! remove him!". It's when the naming begins (on an anonymous website, fancy that!) that the shit actually starts.
Come to think of it, changing the game so playernames don't show up for players and admins are just "Admin#1" wouldn't be too hard to code and would probably solve a lot of this…

Or more like nobody but the coders\admins is capable of putting any amount of effort into keeping a server up, besides showing up to play sometimes, maybe.
The first half gets more enjoyment out of drama and random shittery, the second half doesn't care as long as they aren't dealing with any of that, but neither actually wants to or tries to improve the server because compromising is seen as a weakness or a hassle and giving up or shitposting are more atractive.

It's where the new players come from, unless you think making the servers public and advertising on Reddit is a better tactic.

Still coding behaviours away, still letting players be shitty on your server, still not gonna work.
It doesn't matter how fancy the safety is, it will be broken in time.

Then you wouldn't need this system in the first place, just let everyone do whatever they want.
And that's not novelty, Hippie is practically that and NoxStation that used to be around was exactly that. Guess why I'm talking in the past…

The only point of those rules is to make sure a job has to abide by certain rules on a server with no rules. To make a job that nobody wants to play anyway even less appealing and more restrictive.

Actually, the stun system change WAS discussed on the threads before being firstly implemented in Pizzastation days and was largely recieved as something good. The problem was that the person who implemented it ended up doxxing the head moderator after the shitposting on the thread got to critical levels and the admin wanted to shut everything down. This was ages before Hatestation picked up the slack, the sole reason it's not implemented anymore is because they don't want to use the code.

Also, it really helps to talk with people about something being implemented for a few rounds BEFORE adding it. If it breaks people can give a reason on how to fix it or simply scrap and revert it.
The problem is people like Koriath that pushed certain changes (like his changes to the solar system and Plague/Nurgle Station 13) that were absolutely shoddy code, partially implemented and not tested before even placing it on the server causing several crashes and memory leaks, without even counting the amount of hate they recieved for being implemented without ANY notice what so ever and the only response towards it was "eh just try it for the next few months". This is what keeps people against changes, not the changes themselves but the inability for the staff to listen to the playerbase, however cancereous that playerbase may be.

Well gonna share a story from a while ago.

ded gaem

Gee, I have to agree with you.

ded serb
turks win again

NEVR SRBIJA STRONK FUCK TURKS
FUCK YUO TURKROACH

The Serbs are as weak as our serbs. There's no winning this battle until a few good men rise up to challenge the issues we have on our platter. The main one which is population, but everyone seems to take a winter vacation, and slowly trickle back in during spring.

Did someone temporarily need a nigger to host spessmans?
Most i can do is temporary shit, but i'm willing to host any form of spessmans if you can reach a consensus on it.

Post chill player IDs

Gobhobbit
Doubleplus
Frogmorton

fuck off namefag

Host the most up to date version of CPstation if you can.

The one by BigSlice? thankfully that github's still up, so here we go.

Yeah that one, and it was later given to Turbotracker (Sierra) and still worked on.

ids habbening
byond://109.150.237.181:7272

(DoubleChecked)
O SHIT

Fair enough I guess, I just figured I'd say "Hey these guys were cool. Remember them?"
Not trying to raise them to e-celeb status or some gay shit like that

Bump, we need more fags at to start a party. Did everyone seriously fuck off?

sauce?

No, if you payed attention to the IDs, there was two people who actively argued against me: The HoS, who was butthurt that a lawyer fought corruption, and the Warden, who didn't give a shit and thought that harassing crewmemebers was his job.
Everyone else clocked out after the first few posts.
Keep in mind, this was a thread in which the HoS posted 200+ replies, alone.

You know, SS13 would make a pretty solid tabletop simulator.

is this server down? real damn shame./

Took it down for now, sorry.

Darn. That means I missed it.
Maybe one day…

the fuck is up with admins and entitlement?

These people crave authority, but are too autistic to get it in real life.
IT's the same in every community, but SS13 especially, thanks to communities being rarer. Admins tend to stick around, even if they're shit, because players stay on shit servers. Mostly the fault of no coders and no people who know how to server. This means you get shitters in charge.

There's also the local issue of nobody wants to split the userbase. But, that's not for public servers, just private ones.

despite what people think I'd make a decent mod tbh

That's typically a bad sign, right there.
People should vouch for your character, as both a solid player, and diplomat.
Last thing we want is someone nobody likes, who worse still, actually wants to be a mod.

I'll let this speak for itself.
youtube.com/watch?v=0HDKGzC_GYg

no one likes me and no one would vouch for my character, nor do I want to be a mod

Deathsquid is OP
Nuke Ops is always better, if you've really got to give a round ender.

First bit is bad, last bit is fine. You'd be a regular run-of-the-mill player.

Really, it's the guys who play a lot of sec, but don't go full arrest everyone, that you want as mods. The guys who make it their job to solve problems, and stop fights.
'Least that's my experience. A good sec officer makes a good moderator. The jobs are surprisingly similar, honestly.

Please consider that, no matter how original you are, actually you aren't. Admins get several PM's and Ahelps all the time for every single faggot in the game that triggers someone else.
In fact, your idea that he has to hear you mocking him and just take it is actual entitlement on your part. Ironic.

The few truly shit admins you see around are actual sociopaths or autists (and not in the fun way)
They want to interact with other people but don't know how to. They want to control so they have an environment that's predictable so they have stability and know what to expect, but this never goes well because there are other people involved in the equation.

There's really no need to atribute malice where sheer autism and mental problems sufficiently explain it.
Did you though people that willingly pay for servers or learn a shitty language to code for a game this old are not fucked in the head to some degree?

And just like Security, you'll have your greyshits (griefers) doing whatever the fuck they want and complaining if you try to interfere with it, even when they are messing with other people.
And just like grey tides, you'll have a surge of faggots defending each other's right to screw the game for other people if they think it's fun.
And you're a shitty Officer\Admin if you don't agree with them.
And just like Security, all the good ones that are willing to listen, compromise and cooperate get tired of this shit and leave.
And just like Security is reduced to Harmbaton elites after this selection process, Admins are reduced to faggots after their very own selection process.

Is there a good quality server that it's not just memelords sperging out their autism and there's actually RP?

It's not really malice.
That said, doesn't mean it is all mental problems either.They aren't exactly high grade individuals, I'll give you that, but there's far too many of them for it to be some proper mental deficiency.

These people do like the game, do think they're helping out, but they also are full of themselves, and don't tend to like people who don't respect them much. Some few are proper autistic, I'll grant you that, but most of them aren't.

People'll learn to code if they care about the game. If they have fun playing. It just happens that these same individuals are in such short supply, things tend to go to their heads, and worse still, players accept it because there's so few servers.

And, just like with security, you try to negotiate first, and if they don't calm down, you lock them away [ban he]

And, just like with security, explain what is going on clearly and directly, and people will understand. Thus the diplomacy aspect. I've played sec for ages, never once had some gang of thugs after me. You know why?
Because I'm not a dick about things. Hell, even the guys I arrest usually aren't that salty.
Tragically, with my shit internet where I am now, I haven't played much sec any more. No fun if you're massively unrobust.

No, you are a shit sec officer if you don't explain what's going on. You're a shit sec officer if you don't get them to, while perhaps not agree, understand your position and why you've done what you did.

That's more due to shitmins banning good sec officers, honestly. Admins tend to side with anyone claiming shitsec, sadly. Not that there isn't some shit sec, but when you've got a guy carrying two traitor items, three high value items, and a stolen ID belonging to a dead man, all while being armed to the teeth, it isn't a bad move to permabrig him. Frankly, that's more merciful than outright killing him.

Urist was pretty cool. But it's slow as hell.
I didn't play much there, though. May be some shittery hidden away. Mostly, it was just quiet and empty, with a bit of proper tryhard RP thrown in.

Me, I prefer more natural, light RP. None of this " Dave picks up the lighter, his steely gaze peering out into the dark. He readies his revolver, barking 'surrender, cultist scum!' before lighting the cigar in his mouth" ages to type tryhardery.

I prefer natural RP as well, but I can't think of a good server for that at all, without the memery and stupid random shit that people do. Maybe Aurora? Never tried Urist.

You have no idea how many people actually have disorders of this type. It's not something that they sperg out all the time, are incapable of communication or foam from their mouth all the time.
Rather, most of the times people have a problem with interacting with other people, it's not apparant to anyone, not even themselves.

You think the ebin memesters that join a server and act like dicks because they think it's fun aren't the same, but in the end it's still the same: people wanting to interact with each other but not knowing how to do so. And they either get extremely nervous and neurotic about it turning into control freaks (some players do this too) or they go full nihilists and say "screw it" and do whatever the fuck they want (some admins do it too)

It does go both ways but atributing malice to admins and pointing at them is much more fun because "muh anarchy, fuck da man!"

No.
They learn how to read parts of it at most, so they know how the RNG gives them super powers or slimes or so they can compare the Force of different weapons.
The most that some players will go to is learn how chemistry fundamentally works to make ultimate memesprays\grenades.

Now, learning how to code in a new feature, gamemode or item? That's something not even 10% of the playerbase is willing to do. It doesn't take caring about the game, it takes caring about your particular server and your particular community and wanting it to grow, become better than the others and increase the fun everyone can have.

Coders are patriots for their own servers, in case nobody ever noticed. Patriots, not nationalists.

The sound of naivety.

Some players will see you try to argue with them and use the time you're typing to Disarm you. Some will break\steal shit around the station for fun and even after you explained that to them, they'll keep doing it. Arrest them twice and they'll now try to flood the brig with gas.
And if you make the horrible mistake of letting them keep a PDA or Headset in jail, expect nothing but the radio to be filled with their whinning and a friend with tools to arrive and make a hole in Sec to get them out, a hole they won't even bother to patch.

There are players that have fun being dicks, that's a fact. And you are going to interact a lot with them since the only other people you have a reason to go after as Officer are traitors, a minority compared to shitters. So you'll be spending the majority of your time dealing with shitty players that don't want to be reasoned with because "come on man, I'm just having a laugh!"

And that's due to peerpressure and sheer autism, where people will lie and argue for hours on end about how their 3 minutes on the brig were clearly against spess law. Admins can either jobban 1 player or endure the shitposting of several others. It doesn't help that said shit players sometimes try Sec and become Shitcurity, but in the end it's just the same people shouting louder than everyone else that get good admins to jobban good players and then complain about what remains.

Like I said, I don't think it is malice.
I don't think it's mental deficiency, either, mind you.

If by "ebin memesters", you mean the sort of guys like, say, z0mby or such, who go around fucking with people, I would say that, yes, they find it fun. Otherwise they wouldn't do it. It isn't some silly 'muh autism' type rubbish. It's a rather simple seeing people's reactions to shit buring around them is funny. Or did you miss the screaming Minecrafter vid that has been circulating here for ages?
Some people like to cause it. At most, they have less empathy, but to say they're mentally ill is stretching it.
Then again, these days, everything is mental illness. But personally, I would rather avoid libcuck newshit, when it comes to that jazz. We don't need a disorder to excuse every slight bit of assholish behavior.

M8, are you retarded or something?
Have you been reading what I've been saying?
I've got no 'anarchy' leaning here.

Sounds like you've dealt with only hippiestation fags, mate.
I think that's more your problem. In the prime of Holla Forums's station, we had plenty of people who learned the system as we went along, who learned how to do new and interesting things, and didn't just, as you seem to imply, powergame every round.
Shit, you can just look at FTL13, shit as it is, for that. Do you really think people'd fuck with maximizing atmos, if they didn't find it fun?
Just because you only ever learned how to robust people, doesn't mean that's the only entertainment others get out of it.

Less than 10%, yes. What of it?
Less than 10% of the playerbase who likes the game enough to learn how to code.
Don't see the issue here.
I see no distinction. Plenty of coders have jumped ship to different servers. I'd say they enjoy the game, and it just so happens that they tend to code for where they're at, which'd be where they play.
But, again, I really fail to see the matter of importance here. They're still finding the game fun enough to code for these guys. They're still, as I said, caring about the game enough to code for them. If you think they're doing it just for the server, fine, whatever, but you know what they do on that server?
Play the game.

No, the sound of experience.
The sound of someone who's done exactly that.

Type faster, scrub. Never explain shit outside of sec, without a secure prisoner.
Never had that happen to me.
I've had one guy come close, but that was because another guy kept harassing the poor fellow.
That said, if they ain't antag? That's something for the admins to deal with. Flooding the brig with plasma because someone arrested you for breaking shit tends to get you banned.
So, given such, sounds like a non-issue.

You are supposed to leave their headset and PDA. If you do not, you are a shit sec officer.
If you cannot deal with radio chatter from some scrub, if you cannot explain clearly what is going on to others, you really shouldn't be playing such a social role as security.
Again, sounds like a personal issue. Stop being such a shitter.

Sure. That's all perfectly valid. But, others understand your arresting them, and most the time, they understand your arresting them.
The times they don't, and pull your crazy example with the gas?
That's when the admins step in. Someone like that, there's no reasoning with at all. Those are the types we ban.
Again, I fail to see the issue.

Again, explain your position clearly and concisely. If the admin still aligns with the shitter, that's the fault of the admin. Don't scapegoat it like some retard.
The admin's a shitter, if he's banning sec for doing its job. Plain and simple.
If you are arresting someone, harm batton swinging, throwing him in the permabrig for having a pair of gloves, and then act like a prick when you're called on it, that's a good admin there.

Most of this stuff sounds like you being shit, and dealing with shitty people.
I'd suggest you git gud.

if they weren't just literally only bowinking you for little things, then that would be fine however that's never really the case

yes and no, there was this one really good sec player on cpserver who got bullied alot

Wait, fuck. I just remenbered. You are that lawyer that took matter in his own hands and though the law was still on his side.
I was the guy that argued with you and I didn't even played that round
I'll stop the argument now because we are hitting Twiligh Fanfic tier in terms of size of our posts and we don't even post cute animu to go with it.
No, I didn't read anything you wrote or I'd feel compelled to answer but I'm sure it's still very informational for everyone else
This is the kind of talk I'd love to have over a beer, not online

I never suggested the "law" was on my side, in that thread. As you would've known if you read it.
That thread, I spent most my time repeating what I had said already. Given that last line, I'm guessing that'd be why.

Gee,you sound like that one guy that said that same line over and over on ooc after shit went down. and got humilliated by a literal faggot
Alright,shitposting and Chaos aside, as a game as chaotic as SS13, you can't have control over every single situation,you may often lose control of things.
Look,there's even a famous story which I participated.
Like,now that I think of it, he thought that he had control over the people with the smooth talking and the whole 'shadowling's friendly' attitude.Too bad that three retards made a whole coup,kind of what happened with Nikolai II.

what was this?

Don't know nothing about that, but typing quickly, and having common sense is a pretty big deal.
"Shit a greyshirt is pulling an e-sword" is not a time to be chitchatting, you queer. That's when you pull your taser, and grab the obvious guy. Don't let others near you. Have situational awareness. Bring that guy straight to brig after you arrest, securing captain's can wait. Grab anything important if you can, but otherwise, bolt.

Sounds like you met a charismatic crewman who did what I was talkin'.
Although, honestly, I have no idea what was supposed to be happening in your story. Too much missing information, not enough explained variables.

rude, this is from the admins on one dude

pastebin.com/KZsFYHsC

Who fucking cares?

mods who feel the need to use their power at every moment

OOC in IC can be okay but a lot of the time it gets really, really faggy and annoying.

Breaking the fourth wall jokes and whatnot could hypothetically be alright but everyone seems to be so autistic and shit with it that it always makes things feel super fucking weird. Probably why it's usually against the rules.

Some guy I knew,pretty cool guy,liked arachnids,too bad he did said 'git gud' after people died to literally everything.
Too bad that he got banned and he threw his pride and dignity to the ground after that.

I get you,I may not explained right,so here's a TL;DR version,I'm more used to be a witness rather than a victim/tator
I know /tg/station is full of special snowflakes,but seriously,What is this?

Ah, I see. HoS defends a hostile entity, and crew decides to go full murder. I understand the mentality there, though, in all honesty. I've had the same issue as an AI, where the crew absolutely refused to deal with the wizard I had disabled several times, because 'lolfriendly, just want AI',.

Chaos,I get you,but the thing is that it could have been better just to wait.Knowing Sierra,you knew that he was going to laugh about it since you got mentioned in every single thread and OOC back in the day.
Probably Sierra was more occupied on stupid shit rather than banning the obvious pair of metagamers.
t.VixG

turbotracker

Is the last stage of grief.
The first is logging on BYOND.

Will the server return tonight?

Sure, but i'm still unsure of what codebase to host, come up with another consensus

Do nu tg. It has a fps increaser.
On an unrelated note, I am somewhat trying to work on a gamemode to turn ss13 into a rogue-lite. It's called "necropofest"

byond://47.197.55.217:64690
Fucking around in here, join if you want

byond://47.197.55.217:25565
Wrong port

I feel that. But just call the fucker a faggot. No need to actually ban people.

Can't connect,are you sure it's the right one?

Same here.

Let me say I was warden once and arrested someone for trying to hack into the armory. They spent the rest of the round opening walls from security into space and being an all around ass just to get their kicks or something.

If they try to break into the armory twice, they should be in perma.
Once is excusable, for at least a lax sec officer.
Twice, though, that's just clear traitorism. Especially when breaking through outer walls to do so.

Most lawsets for stations say that breaking into armory = B&E restricted area, dangereous armed individual, subduing with lethals authorized. Even a "lax" sec officer SHOULD either euthanize him or perma at the first attempt at breaking into Armory or if he's already inside without any authorization or reason to be in there.

Asides from low-pop or station-threatening situations (like Blob or Nukeops), no crewman except Security and the Captain (not the HoP unless he's acting Captain) should be allowed within the armory.

This is a fun series, you should watch it all.
I've been looking for an excuse to call someone a shit city ever since I binged all of it in one sitting.

True enough. Though, I usually still leave off with a warning and a heafty prison sentence for the first offense. Too many greyshits like to test the defenses.

This thing's pretty damn good. TOo bad it is awfully short.

What's with admins and being both Hypocritical and wanting to be on control of everything?

github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station

I saw that shit, it's why the player base is down from 30 to 17 a night and 70 to 50 on days

no wait github.com/Zaers/-tg-station

the one I linked before isn't the newest one even though it branches this one

another amazing shift run by great admins!

NEETs and power

Dumping

Aaand done

I've been trying to play but every server I try to join my game just closes with no error message

Does anybody know why this is?

byond://47.197.55.217:25565byond://47.197.55.217:25565byond://47.197.55.217:25565
IT'S OCCURRING

FIVE PLAYERS

>Six players

is your IE up to date?
what about your flash?

I seem to be unable to connect

We have seven now, but keep trying. Clear your cache in BYOND, it might help.

it's taking forever to connect rather then being unable to

anyways make a new thread and pot the server info in the op

we need a new thread once we hit page 13. Also fuck gitgud's server, it's shit.

I'd like to say that it's due to a lack of coders but gitgud just doesn't listen

Who banned you?

He wants the server to host nutg and only nutg shit. Compatibility, lack of bugs or player retention be damned.

Lack of coders is the least of his problems, but yeah, fuck gitgud and his shit server.