Bravely default

Alright so I picked this up a while ago and so far it's an alright enough game, but I kinda have to wonder why this was so hyped.

My main problems are that the characters don't really have a lot going on ( at least at the point I'm at now, I just got to eisenberg) and they have one trait that defines them and that's it.

And as for the gameplay my only major qualm is with how nothing really has an answer to me just spamming brave and taking 16 turns at once. ( I pretty much oneshot Summomer girl with that) The only thing that came close is the boss of the water crystal.

So I gotta ask, what exactly is the reason for it being so popular? Does it get better later? I do like it for the most part but I just don't really understand the universal praise it got.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/10Zcv9nyYvtkOy2lCjCTp2oM3YPrXZ7gPzhHAX34ts9o/edit?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. It gets worse.

It didn't get universal praise. It's just the first real Final Fantasy game made since FF9. The sequel is better.

How so?

Speaking of, should I give that a shot? I heard it was good.

Yeah characters are pretty flat for the beginning. You're actually right before Agnes starts being an actual character. Brave spam stops working when you can't finish battles with one turn and when that does happen you WILL wipe out. Though you shouldn't be able to OTKO a boss with that tactic. Are you playing on easy? You can change difficulties any time so consider changing it to hard if things are so easy.
The main reasons for its popularity are the twist at the start of the second half, and the crazy class combos you can make. My favorite class setup is the one where a one gives everyone 4BP per turn and three Dark Knights hit for almost 150,000 damage every turn while healing themselves to full.

We'll I say otko, it was more like a two turn. Also turning up the difficulty might be a good idea, forgot you could do that tbh. I think I had it on Normal?

The game forces you to redo the crystal quest FOUR FUCKING TIMES. Each Crystal. Four Times. The characters are actually pretty good as the game goes on.

And yeah, FF9 is a good game.

I used a variant of that, Alchemist/Vampire would reduce enemy defense and give weakness to dark, Red Mage/Spiritist spamming poison on the party to give them 8 BP per turn (there is a red mage passive that gives you +2 BP when an ailment inducing ability hits, even if it is already inflicted on you) and then the warriors spamming drain sword + Rage.

It gets fun at the end when the bosses start using similar strategies.

Just get the decensoring patches.

I see, yeah so far I'm Running Dragoon, sword mage/ knight (tho he is a red mage for now), thief/hunter, and summoner/white mage.

Any other cool stuff you can do?

Also how do you set up that Dark Knight combo? That sounds cool.

Middle section of this post. Dark Knight main class, Spell Fencer sub. You cast Drain Sword so each attack heals you rather than damages you then use the ability Rage which does 4 Dark Banes for 2 BP.

You can make it so the enemy never gets a turn if you use the ability that stops everyone from gaining their +1 BP at the end of each round, but I find that strategy inefficient.

Dual shield (knight ability) and +X% HP ()monk ability) Templar/Vampire
Uses White Wind to cure everybody and Desperation to attack. White wind heals the party for your HP and since you'll never take too much damage with two shields, its basically a full cure. Desperation adds your defense to your attack to deal damage so you're basically dual wielding.

You can also play around with the Ninja dodge/counter abilities to draw all aggro and counter/buff. Use two Kunai and an +X% Evade skill and you'll be dodging every physical attack. Use the Pirate's Provoke skill to make sure everyone attacks you too.

You can also set up a Spell Fencer with Auto-Aspir and White Magic so you can have a healer that never runs out of MP
Something else is a Swordmaster with Damage Dispersion and the entire party having Revenge. No matter the attack, your entire party with take damage so Revenge has a 4 25% chances of getting 1 BP for every attack. And if you play Swordsmaster right, you can counter every hit.

People was hyped for it because it was the minimal they all expected of a moderatelly decent Final Fantasy like game, and even if it is mediocre, it came out at a time when JRPG fanboys where starving for anything JRPG like that had not been corrupted by "Westernization"

Remeber these games came out while Sqeenix was trying to shove FFXIIIx3 down everyone's throat
An entire console generation with out a decent JRPG from Squenix and FFXV looking like absolute ass in the horizon, any fanboy would get desperte, like a man lost in the desert wishing for a drop of water,

We'll, that's fair. The only real Turn Based Strategy Games that have stuck to their roots now are pretty much SMT.

Ringabel and Edea were both 10/10 characters by the end, Agnes was 6/10, and Tiz never stops being a soulless empty husk with zero personality. People liked it because it was basically the only real "Final Fantasy" game to come out since god damn forever.

Based on what I've seen so far Ringabel is a stretch, Edea is somewhat likely, Agnes I can see happening because her single mindedness with the crystals is starting to make her more callous to a degree. I saw Tiz coming a mile away, he was so generic it hurt.

Hips and Square Enix releasing a kinda okay JRPG.

At least Bravely 3rd is gonna be all about Ringabel's dimension hopping adventures.

Also, the music is really good.

I thought I heard something about Tiz having 2 souls tho, at least that's what the summoner chick said.

The music is p good I will say, the art too.

Nah Ringabel is a total bro, trust me. The game has a lot of twists, it just gets extremely repetitive.

One of them is you. The realm they summon things from is our world.

Nah man he's a fucking corpse.

Mephilia is right, but the only thing keeping Tiz alive is the interference of the player.
The sequel expands on it a lot.

Oh I see, we'll maybe I'll keep playing just to see how that goes down then. It's like playing Nier, it's just kind of alright until you get to the good shit. (Although I haven't finished nier yet so I'm pls no spoil)

She has a dick.

We'll I heard that much, also fuck Emil. Even after his metamorphosis from a shota to a skeleton he was only kinda alright. Maybe he gets better later idk.

I just really hope they expand on whether or no Red Eye is Caim.

I still haven't played the sequel because the censorship legitimately disgusts me. Has anybody hacked up a .cia that puts the English text into the Japanese game?

And she has to jack off every night or else she relapses

That's not a real thing right? Actually I tkake that back it probably is.

Its overrated

best part was the climax at the end and the last boss, but its really overrated. SNES RPGs with ATB system are better then the Bravely Default system

Tiz is being kept alive by the player, who is controlling his body.

docs.google.com/document/d/10Zcv9nyYvtkOy2lCjCTp2oM3YPrXZ7gPzhHAX34ts9o/edit?hl=en
Enjoy

Oh I see, so he is a bland and boring protagonist on purpose.

There is a patch that switched the models and class name back to Tomahawk.

Bravely censored.

It was an okay game but having to repeat the same shit over and over again was a way of saying they didn't know how to make the game longer so they found a cheap alternative to adding new areas, monsters, characters, etc.

So who decides what a real Final Fantasy game is anyway? I see this a lot. Do people only count FF 1-6 with 9 as an honorary member?

Although I suppose I do the same with MGS, discount everything after Snake eater.

Like an official one or a fan one?

In all honesty, there is something positive about the looping. Chiefly, it gives you a chance to go into the rematches knowing exactly what to do, and having a few new tools to hit them with. Example: going back to the Fire temple with the Dark Mage's "Bypass MDef" skill and saying FUCK YOU to the meatball. I also like some of the extra content that was put into the parallel areas. I understand the criticism, but it's not the worst thing a game has done to me.

Fan, why the fuck would you pay for nintendo game?

A lot of people say the exact turning point was the Spirits Within movie. Seems like after that they fell too deep into the cinematic moviegame mindset, and somehow we ended up going from wholesome medieval fantasy to post-modern boy-bands.

I don't know part of me was kind of hoping they manned the fuck up and put out a patch that reverted it back to the original.

But I knew that wasn't gonna be true as soon as I posted it.

As far as I know DS emulators are still shit so, unless there is another way of getting Nintendo games I don't really have much choice.

How do you get them user?

Have you been living under a rock for the past two years? The 3DS is 100% fully hacked. You download the games for free right off of the god damn eShop servers.

Oh no lol I didn't know, truth be told I haven't actually used my ds in a long time until bravely default.

Posting best girl and the best Asterist bearer

Also DS emulators have been great for years and 3DS emulators are pretty much fully functional.

Huh. We'll shit, I guess I can finally play SMT Strange Journey

Like FF1 and FF3 before it, there's no real reason to play the game when Final Fantasy V exists.