Super robot wars

Playing the GBA original generation 1 Super Robot wars and it's my first entry into the series after getting the recommendation here a long time ago.

If that user is still around I'd like to say thanks, This is a fucking great game so far. A bit of a shame they had to swap out a bunch of robots though I'm also having fun trying to guess which robots were supposed to be what.

For anyone who doesn't know about these games, it's turn based tactics with giant robots(if you are lucky enough to speak moon you get the added bonus of the robots being from a ton of different old cartoons) in the same vein as fire emblem.

Supposedly the franchise has a couple dozen entries but only a handful came to NA where they failed miserably as plebs do not respect the robot.

Grungust is MVP suit.
Latooni is my grill.

Anyone out there playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars
agtp.romhack.net/projects.php
clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mediafire.com/file/57rci82r1116rno/Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2 Ver A.GBA
mediafire.com/file/kej32aggctw0mr6/OG2 Ver A 2.7.rar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Will offer a single bump and say that the soundtrack is also pretty damn nice.

I'm new to the series and i have a PSP. What can i play? (I don't know japanese)

Posting greatest robo of all time.

Best Pilot is Shu
Best Suit is Gaddess
Best game is Dark Prison or OGs2, though I haven't played Moon Dwellers yet.

Z2 and Z2.2 are both on the PSP and both really good, they have menu translation patches. You could also play the fully translated Alpha Gaiden as a psx2psp, which is really good.
You don't need to read jap to enjoy them.
Here's a wiki with most relevant stuff translated.
akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars

Well the OG series is pretty much all we got in english, which is mostly GBA and playstation 2/3 so you can just emulate. I only just got into this and the franchise seems to have a billion titles so I'm not 100%

I'll have to look into those once I burn through OG1.

Valsione is pretty dank too.

Thanks, i'll make an eboot for Alpha Gaiden first.

Well actually there is also the first 3 SRW too but OG1 onwards is where the games don't look very old so anything older is not something you'd want to play untranslated since there are virtually little to no animations and that's where a lot of the real meat of all these mecha crossovers played out.
agtp.romhack.net/projects.php
This asshole is also halfway translated a bunch of other titles but he hasn't updated anything on his site since last year.

For Alpha Gaiden I'll warn you right now, that it's a slog to play through because of the sheer endless waves of enemies after you've seen the animations it's good to just turn them off at some point.

In reference to the animations, any turn based game that uses them will have that effect after a while.

Yeah, but yet another fucking wave of reinforcements.

Nanbu is my man.
Hard question. Gotta go with Daitrombe, but vanilla Alt is just as amazing.
I played only 3 of them, and OG1 was the most coherent experience, even if OG2 has much better graphics and had a lot more robots. J was meh, couldn't finish it because of boredom and sheer autism of a bunch of unrelated franchises cramped together. But I guess it's the series selling point, so you might still want to try it.

You're welcome motherfucker.

Play OG1. You can emulate GBA on pretty much everything now.

You need to be bludgeoned.

Just Moonlit Butterly them.

Well you see, I watched like 90% of featured series and yeah when they try to attach Mazinger to Tekkaman Blade to Gendum Seed to Brain Powered to whatever the fuck else is there, it's cringeworthy as fuck, because none if it makes sense, but characters pretend it does.
Oh and obligatory OC dunutsteel copypaste character with the selection of 3 cliche waifus only makes it worse.
Mind you I'm talking SRWJ there, and probably other entries did it somewhat better, but still shit is autistic and deviantart-tier.

It's not supposed to make sense, it's supposed to be fun. If you want one that makes sense, play the Z series, because in that the worlds of the various series merging is the main plot point, so the settings being so different is explained.

Also the villains are all great.
Z's bad is a crazy guy doing it for the lulz
Z2's are Space King and Ganondorft
Z3's are an evil cowboy and 4 dick angels.

Sounds like you were overthinking it but I get where you are coming from.

Then again I'm at the point where I have access to the second not-yamato/argo piloted by the ginger and the anime bants are starting to be more than I can handle. Less due to convoluted plot and more due to nip dialogue and mindset in general are absolutely alien and painful to me.

Getting all these giant robots is fun, will say that managing all the pilots between missions is becoming arduous though.

It gets really bad in the ones with Squads and pairs, where sometimes you deploy 50 or so units.

Endgame of Alpha 3 you can deploy 80 fucking bots per map.

Well yeah I managed to bear OG because of coherency, since it was its own thing so I could accept some bullshit and asspulls.

I dunno man, I stayed for the robots.

As much as I'd like to agree with you here, previous SRW games had interesting stuff done with them that made things more coherent. But in J there is a clash of like, 3-5 fucking things happening at once where half the franchises had transhumanism lite ignored and conflicts deriving from this not being explored even half as good as it could have and the other half is just being played out almost exactly as it does without any other elements mixed in because… ???? I mean fucking shit, Brainpowered might as well have been the focus and tie the lesser transhuman conflicts into that for one part and the other half could just have been about nothing but the alien invasions on all sides and nothing else. The whole fucking brainpowered story was in the game it's that short and I could write out a better story by far, and keep all the wackier shit that clashes with everything else just fine. Then the moon people come out of the woodwork then everything else just gets tossed aside.

TIME TO GET SAUCED

Here's to another year of robots.

Latooni has a good theme

J's story is incredibly silly, I will give you that, but Moon Dwellers (the OG [only originals]) version is coherent and great.

The Z series is also much more cohesive than previous ones, as the clash between settings is a major part of the story. The patchwork nature of the world is acknowledged and a direct threat to all players involved. It works off series conventions very well. Also, the music is amazing.

Latooni a saint. Lovely girl.

Also, prediction: the next OG game will cover Alpha 2 and 3 duh, if you've played OG2, Dark Prison and Moon Dwellers, while also starting the plot of the Z games, which will fuse the Shadow Mirror universe with the main OG verse. From there, they will follow the plot of the Z's.

Best Pilot? A toss up between Kazuma, Sanger, Axel and Folka

Best Suit? Valcazard, R-1, Dygenguar and DaiRaiOh

Best Game? The Alpha Trilogy and W.

Still, Giant Robo is good taste (at least you didn't say Strike Freedom or Wing…the overrated Gundam that they are). Also pictured here: best Super Robot pilot ever.

Alpha is a quadrilogy

Shit..forgot about Alpha Gaiden. Thanks, user.

Alpha 3 is probably the best game in the whole series, though. Fuck Kaiser Ephres.

The only hiccup I can find in Alpha 3 is shoehorning the Cosmic Era characters in a what is essentially a carefully crafted universe. I'm serious, the Alpha timeline is written in a way that you can believe that the UC Gundam and the After Colony Gundam can fit right in

My first game was SRW 4 as a young kid when I found a SNES emulator

Then tried F/FF

Good times

Don't even know how I managed to beat those things

The newer ones are an extreme piece of cake, at least until Z. Never played anything past that

My first SRW was D. When I was a kid, I got this disc which essentially a collection of GBA games on an emulator and one day, bored out of my skull, I tried this title Super Robot Wars D…and what greeted me but this masterpiece and I got hooked on SRW ever since.

Hey guys i have an idea for a SRW game: Super Robot Waifus

What a coincidence, after years of playing those three my first one was D in ye olde VBA

The Shin Getter and V Gundam themes made my day

Watched V Gundam during my playthrough, actually marathoned it through 3 days. Words cannot describe the depression I had afterwards. Amazing, still

I remember getting stuck at the second mission after the Shin Getter Armageddon prologue..my mistake for taking the Super Robot (It was years later when I found out about the Super Robot armor glitch that D has)

Fuck no. I draw the line at fucking Idolmaster being in X-Omega…

user..

Also the first one out of those is fully translated

Oh yeah..SHIN GREAT MAZINGER. Took them long enough. (Only downside? We still get SHIT Destiny…and Cross Ange. At least Mightgaine, Hathaway's Flash, ZZ, Crossbone, Space Battleship Yamato and Mazinger Zero are nice remedies)

This version never

Gundam Breaker 3-type Super Robot Wars game when Holla Forums?

Don't worry, user..if Yamato managed to get in an SRW, pretty sure that would've be in soon. Maybe have it cross with the UC story stuff.

There's an entire seperate LOGH strategy game

Cross Ange is basically good Seed Destiny. Fuck off.

easely the00 raiser.
(more precisely: GN-0000+GNR-010 00 Raiser )

i don t remember any other suit who would be more OP than this one in en entire gundam universe…

I'm pretty sure G series has stronger gendums, but fuck I love 00's ost.

can they become quantum particles ?
maybe in term of raw power G series are better.

but the 00 raiser in trans-am is simply way way to OP.
my 1st webm btw

The 00 guys are completely OP in Z2 and Z3, Setsuna can clear entire maps on the first turn.
Posting unicorn because I like the song

Why is he so perfect?

fixed :^)

Any of you gunpla? Unicorn was a real mixed bag, the lacquered parts leave behind super nasty grey splotches where the nubs were.

At least Xenoglossia is its own thing not to mention X-Omega is a mobage and has stuff like Godzilla and Mellowlink instead of having fucking Miku Hatsune repping Virtual On like in UX.

i just liked the Gundam unicorn transformation,
i didn t though to much about the character themself , well the MC felt kind of weak IIRC

Oh, yeah. How does the late game in SRW work? I'm trying to like the series, but my ignorance of stuff outside of Gundam and feeling like I'm railroaded along stages and characters is hampering it a bit.

If you like the gameplay but don't like the cross over aspect, try the OG or Masou Kishin sub-series, it's the same mechanics but with only original characters.

Late game game maps are generally really long, with tons of reinforcements. They can get desperate which is really fun.

Do I get freedom to deploy from everyone in the game later on/new game plus? Also don't get me wrong, I love the crossover stuff but I can't read a lot of it aside from the 20% of the entire series, the games that have been translated.

Kinda wish there was perma-death, that psychotic blonde cunt needs to go.

Yeah late game they start letting you have a lot more freedom with deployment.

Godmars best robot.

Can't wait to play with Shin great

He's seen some shit, huh?

As much as I'm enjoying OG, I'm kinda wanting for some of those sweet crossovers.

I am okay with this.

OG Saga Masou Kishin is totally my jam. Best mecha that isn't named Valsione or Granzon represent.

I've beaten the first three, too lazy to plug in my PS3 to play Coffin of the End. Solid games, gameplay is different enough from mainline SRW to be a little fresher.

There are loads of psychotic blonde cunts in mecha animu

When are the Japanese going to stop stereotyping innocent American women that want to /ss/?

How many Super Robots even fit into that category?
You've got a few from the ZoE series, and outside of that not many others.
If you want to include Real Robots then you'd be able to add mechs like Nobel Gundam, but even at that the cast would be around 9 robots. That's not a very exciting game.

You just made all the other robots sexier.

V is coming out on PS4 and vita

and this is the first animated version of Shin Mazinger Zero as well as Shin great (being only a minor appearance in Shin Mazinger) is going to pbe playable

I don't know how to feel about this.

Loving the Latooni, hating that princess cunt.

I don't have either of those systems, but a vita has been getting more and more tempting lately.

It's so much prettier than GGeneration Genesis.

It's gonna be in glorious Engrish too, the most ideal way to play the game.

clanjadewolf.net/mwll/

Mechwarrior: Living Legends. Best successor to MW4 thus far. YOu can play as everything from Battle Armor, to aerospace fighters and VTOL, to the iconic Atlas and a lot of other battlemechs from Light class to Assault class. (trigger warning: The Titan in this game is incorrectly classified as Heavy when it should be Assault)

It appears I've arrived in the wrong thread. Sorry lads.

Hmm..How would you classify a Battle Armor in SRW terms? Super or Real?

Hey, at least Godzilla is OK…fucking hell, first Hatsune Miku taking the Virtual-ON spot and then Idolmaster..next you're telling me you have moeshit running around in classic Super Robot stuff…wait, didn't they do that?

thoses girls looks like character from Dodonpachi

it'd be classified as Those machines you see in scenario openings that get trashed by machines stronger than them

Jobber mechs?

They had the Tekkamen in J, they were reals.

bumpan with best boy

I'm getting kinda sick of Amuro…

Sad!

People who like Amuro are the same people who like entry level lowest common denominator pleb teir garbage in all interests or don't know the subject matter at all. But what can I really expect now that 8ch/v/ is basically 4chan/v/ with all its patrons shared. I expect most of the user base to like nintendo consoles, final fantasy, pay attention to football, and want to drive mustangs.

I'd love to see how Banpresto goes about designing these characters and mecha.

No user, it is you who are the faggots.

A lot of the time they take an existing character or series and just make a knock off. Masaki and Cybuster (the first OG characters) were a thinly veiled stand in for a series they couldn't acquire the rights to. This is especially true of units introduced in OG games, as they need to fill in roles that previously would have been filled by licensed characters.

That makes sense, but I can't imagine how they marry so many disparate plotlines and keep track of it all.

I didn't say original gundam I am responding to Amuro in your post. You don't know anything.

Oh, and what is the Banpresto knock off Gundam and Amuro?

The Gundams are the Huckbeins (later the Exbeins), which even have the yellow head V. There's no single Amuro equivalent.

However, Elzam/Ratsel is the Char Equivalent.

So fascinating. Makes me wish the wikis and crap were even close to complete.

Reminder that OG Moon Dwellers' translation was Chinese garbage and you should expect the same from Voyage.

Do the same translation teams work on SRW and the recently released Gundam games? It's odd that Gundam Breaker 3 and GGeneration Genesis both have pretty good translations where Moon Dwellers…yeah.

they didn't really. Throughout the series they had a ton of original mechs and storylines like the SRX and ATX team. This basically started in SRW2 with Masaki Andou and the Masoukishin story (which received only barebones treatment in 2 but is elaborated on in EX and Lord of Elemental)
4 added the Gespenst story which started in Hero Senki (care to guess how many games feature the SAME Gilliam Jaeger?), Alpha and Alpha gaiden added many of the OCs in OG, the ATX team is from Compact 2, Katina is from the card game of all things, etc etc

They took these OCs and threw them into an alternate universe telling of the stories of 2 (DC war), 3 (inspectors), A (shadow mirrors), and Compact (einsts)

we would have an officially localized Super Robot Wars Alpha and possibly Alpha Gaiden if it weren't for the most ridiculous bullshit in copyright law:
Every company holding a robot in Alpha had cleared it for a western release. They were basically going to get free coverage and interest in a market that was hard to penetrate with older shows.
And just when everything was about to go green, who should stand up and wave their dick around? Why it's Harmony Gold and their illegally awarded worldwide copyright on Macross.

incidentally, Huckebeins have been in since SRW4 (RR route)
while it is a bit of a gundam stand-in, it's not like it was invented just for the sake of OGs

Glad you found it, OP, but that is the shittiest blur on Latooni I've ever seen. Countering with minor dump.

Latooni

That's actually tough but gotta go with Huckbein 008L inb4 that's cheatin'

Haven't gotten deep in the series just yet, but thus far OG1 for gba has my vote. Close runner up is J for letting me kill all manner of shit entirely with Tekkaman Blade.

Better Amuro than having Aimbot McBeamSpam…or the male boy band (Wing or 00)

There's 2 Char equivalent. Elzam/Ratsel is the Char/Quattro combo…and then there's Sleigh Presty who was called the Red Shooting Star (there's even a gag about someone almost calling her the Red Comet)

Sleigh's only got the nickname. She's actually the blue haired chick from Gunbuster whose name escapes me.

What part of Wing or 00 did you miss?

I've never seen 00, but they're good units in the Zs and not as faggy as the Seed kids, so I don't see why anyone would hate on them.

Ah, I read it wrong.

I don't know how to feel about the 00 cast, they feel very uniform despite their machine's varying specialties.

It's just that the Wing cast is even terrible than 00 At least the 00 guys had character deaths (Lockon), the Wing boys are downright invincible. (and yaoi bait…fucking fangirls)

No one should be fapping to the pilots in the first place.

Well, I don't know any guys who would fap to the Wing boys.

Lockon hardly counts, he gets replaced by his identical twin outta nowhere.

What?

Oh wait I get it someone is shitposting in several threads again.

Report him for being a shitposting faggot and filter him with no further replies

GESPENST
KAI KITAMURA
OG 1

shit taste fam

Ialdoboath is pretty cool too.

Character designer does yaoi and fucboi bait. It was supposed to be Wing/Seed 3.0 instead of anything remotely coherent.

Best pilot is either Katina or Michiru.
Best robot is G BURNKWARAN.
Don't know about best game, I love the twin system in OGMD and OG2nd though.

Michiru, the OG version of Boss.

Unlike boss he might actually get a girl, though.

I can't wait for the next OG game. All the alpha 3 stuff getting put in is going to make it 10/10, guaranteed. Much closer than that is SRW V though, and in that is Mazin Emperor. I'm so glad Tetsuya's going to be wrecking shit, even without Shin Great being made.

It's weird that super robot wars, a game that's essentially maximum product placement with no gameplay complexity, is one of the few series that makes me excited whenever a new game is announced.

Don't we have a good 2-3 years before another OG game?

Alpha 3 stuff? Here's hoping they get the Ardygun family from SRW W too.

It's definitely gonna be a while. They might even wait until the 30th anniversary for the next one, considering it's likely to be a huge one.

They'd have to really do something exciting to outdo Gundam vidya's 30th. I'm still collecting parts and fiddling around in Gundam Breaker 3, and 120 hours into GGeneration Genesis.

Not sure if Michiru might get the girl…he does have Folka to compete against.

You mean Robo-Jotaro?

I can't wait for when they add Z, that will be crazy.

I think the games are kept pretty similar to each other to make older games playable despite being behind several iterations.

Can you imagine how frustrating it would be to be a fan of one series featured in one of the older games, but thinking that you're playing a long since inferior game?

Which is funny considering that Michiru is the OG version of Boss (just without the posse and the ability to make a robot with facial expressions)

Also, the games are pretty complex compared to most strategy RPGs. Way more complex than any n1 game, FFT, Front Mission. I guess the games besides Masou Kishin don't do unit facing, but thats mostly a graphical constraint.

AMURO EKKIMASU

Still Shuuichi Ikeda is my favorite Gundam Seiyuu. Hearing Char's voice in Giant Gorg made me gitty when I recognized who it was.

He's also the most important man in CUHRAYZEE JAPAN land here, Yoshiteru Ashikaga.

What? How? My first thoughts upon being introduced to her was sadness that permadeath wasn't a thing because I dearly wanted to let her mech detonate with it's aggressive, insubordinate, and overall unpleasant pilot with it.

I wish I could get into this series, as it seems like it could be a good source of fun, but unfortunately I find the gameplay to be insufferably boring. It's like they don't know how to make the game interesting so they just shove it full of fanservice instead, or perhaps they just ride off of fanservice instead of delivering a really great game, because they know people will buy it for their fave robots/characters/

There are subseries that don't feature any licensed characters at all.

I've always been a fan of delinquents.

I know if's not english, but you should give W on the DS a try. It's basically an improved version of J in every department, especially music and animation. Sadly Layzner didn't make the trip, but there are lots of new good series, and Seed is hardly in it at all other than the suits.

SEED is barely there while Astray takes the stage (which is good)

FMP also goes up to Second Raid, Nadesico goes to Prince of Darkness (with Gai still alive and they even have a PoD era Gai and his custom Super Aestivalis),

Dancougar (the paper tank of J) is replaced with GoLion (a much better tank than Dancougar AND gets every villain opposed to Dancougar's ONE villain)

Mazinkaiser's Ankoku Daishogun is now a stage boss (as opposed to being a third party, still a route split exclusive but you want that route for the Final Dynamic Special)

They managed to cram all 3 seasons of GaoGaiGar into one game and actually worked in Tekkaman Blade 2 happening in the middle of Blade 1 (as opposed to the TB2 retconning D-Boy being brain dead at the end of TB1) and amazingly tying in Detonator Orgun and Tekkaman Blade's origin together

Honestly, SRW W has stuff that made the Alpha series believable and awesome. Surprised that they stopped doing that after W.

Is V "shit that should have been in Z3.2"?

Still love how CCA happens in Alpha because of what happened in Alpha Gaiden and Char is trying to prevent that.

Didn't Char attemp to drop Orphan from Brain Powerd in Alpha 2 instead of Axis?

I can play as both in GGeneration Genesis right now. :^)

I think. I only have the Hi-Nu and like 4 variations of the Nu unlocked.

fugg, how old is he now? Also, I hate how all the new games use the music and character art from fucking New Translation yukana a shit

Would you rather future games go text only?

Haven't they already used voice clips isolated from the source series before?

Yeah, at the time time, they can't ride on those forever, right?

I'm not saying I want them to axe the guy, I'm just saying he must be getting on in years

>And then be replaced

Reminder Dozle Zabi's seiyuu killed hiomself because he was going blind and couldn't read his lines due to it

One day Amuro and Char will go beyond the time as well.

I play bullshit crossover mecha games to escape feelings of mortality like this.

I miss /m/, i love each one of you.

I do too. I remember sucking at Gundam Full Boost with them, which was at least more cordial than just getting kicked from Japanese rooms.

Was that why? I never got the whole story. That guy had a wonderful voice. He also played two of the best Heihachis around

yeah, supposedly it was cancer that did him in.

Chieko had a nice voice too, though MIO as a vocalist is amazing. I'd link to the track "Oblivion" from 0083 as an example but jewtube took it down ages ago

Second and third are partially translated, as in story and spirits only, no battle dialogues or anything. They're fun, but Lunatic is literally RNG central earlygame.

I didn't even know she was dead, fuck. Do you know who they got to replace her for Puru?

MIO is fucking ace

No idea

I miss /m/ too I'm the guy who likes to post Gundam Online, I went back to /m/ to check the MSGO thread and it's devolved into cancer, the main group for zeon in their OP isn't even /m/ it's basically a Goon run guild with redditors and streamer cancer

Sweet, have this. there was a youtube channel with a ton of mecha songs on it but it got shut down by jewtube because "COPYRIGHT HURR"

Kinda catchy, I can see it being in a Taiko game.

Only if you managed to convince Haman to switch sides. If that happens, Char goes to drop Orphan instead and yeah, instead of the Sazabi, Char pilots the Nightingale and Amuro can get the Hi-Nu

Ah, the J9 series…where every intro theme is a different genre of music.

Just go to our /m/
It's slow but it's got regular users.

my nigger

I actually loved Braigar, Sasurai kid is a nice ED song

Oh yes, Braigar. I remembered the first time seeing Braigar in Alpha Gaiden and that theme song got stuck in my head.

Now that is sad.

Will they ever make a SRW that features all the pilots and mechs they have ever used?

It bothers me too, and no, very very unlikely.

The closest thing is either Gakuen for the DS with no plot from the series or X-Omega for mobile

Takes too much resources mate. I miss the little psuedo-3D models they had in Alpha and Z1, not to mention MX

I liked those so much more than the old style unit's face thing they've got going.

I really don't like the unit face thing. I get that the face/head is the most identifiable part of a robot, but having them slide around the battle map feels kinda artistically lazy.

Considering picking up a vita mostly for the SRW action, sadly they don't seem to be carried in my city anymore and the best I could find was a pawnshop asking for 150$ which seemed steep. What's a good price for one?

look online. Also pick up Gundam Breaker 3 while you're at it.

I liked the stuff they had in Alpha Gaiden

It's the little things really

Hey! Why isn't there some kinda OpenSRW like the Civilization, Rollercoaster Tycoon, etc fans have?

SRPG maker should be able to cover that pretty easily.

Yeah, sucks don't it? I wanted to make A Song of Ice and Fire Emblem.

The Alpha series always have those small details.

I've been asking for Shin Great since they teased him in one episode of Shin Mazinger…the wait is finally over.

I only hope V has them back in again, and more.

Seriously, if they had all those little details from Alpha to V (little details like how After Colony tech can work in tandem with UC tech which in Alpha explained that the Zeta Gundam was built using data from the Wing Gundam or how Getter Energy, the Power, the STMC, the Ide etc are all just different aspects of one grand thing), I would really loved the hell out of V. They got a good roster going…let's hope they use it well.

And, like Alpha, I really do hope they have obscure units as unlockables like Old Judau's Gump (which is a modified ZZ with a peg leg) or the Super Zeta from the Ideon crossover manga.

That's because Alpha was the best series.

You think the Cobray doing Ingram's pose was a good detail, there's a better one in Alpha Gaiden, the Aurgelmir (the final boss in Alpha Gaiden) has an attack that has the Astranagant appeared.

I'm of the opinion that AG and A3 are the best games in the whole series.

I am still totally gay for Crowe tho.

AG is still my favorite

I like Alpha 3 but the only hiccup was including SEED instead of Sentinel. Since A) If they followed Sentinel, it will wrap up the Titan plot from Alpha 2 and B) The Alpha timeline was carefully constructed that suddenly having SEED in them created a plot hole of "Since we did we have Coordinators?" and since when does PLANT exists…without no one knowing?

Not to mention it ends with the hardest boss fight in the entire series.

also the Shin Getter Robo vs Mazinkaiser fight, that was crazy.

Hell, General Bat was dying when he's piloting the Getter but he doesn't care..just so he can die like a boss.

I really wish they would include Xenogears/Xenosaga in it. KOS-MOS already was playable in two of the OG Gaiden games.

So how many times does the humans on earth actually go out into space in and SRW game anyways? It'd be a nice change of pace, and I always love the Gnosis designs.

Depends on the story…and looking at V, might be the whole game takes place in space what with Yamato's story is to find a new planet to colonize.

What I meant with the Godzilla comment is that XΩ is as non-canon as it gets. It's got things that otherwise wouldn't mesh well with the franchise like literally a guy on a bike that fucks up Scopedogs, idols in robots which is funny because Xenoglossia not only is hated by most people, especially [email protected]/* */ fans and EVA-01 MechaGodzilla. Meanwhile fucking Miku not only hijacks an actual series' rep that has appeared before, but also shows up in a non-mobile game that might or might not belong to a timeline.

You know, NGE would've been better if it's about NERV fighting Godzilla..instead of what we've got.

And seriously, fuck Miku…you know when was the last time the Virtual-ON guys got in? It's the horrible SRW K (along with poor GunXSword and Zoids)

Dude NGE is awesome as it is. The Rebuild in some cases even more so.

Crossovers have gone too far.

Whelp, there is by my count several dozen series you can throw in, including a fucking Gundam series, with aliens and leaving the Earth. You could even change Brain powered where humans jump ship on the alien and throw in stuff like Gundam 00 and Muv-Luv in that batch without spoiling the pot. But it's always very Earth centric.

Rebuild, yes…original NGE? You're joking right? And always remember
Alpha Shinji>Rebuild Shinji>NGE Shinji

Not far enough..considering that Crayon Shin Chan was also in the game.

Z Shinji > Alpha Shinja

Shinji

Well, Shin Chan got the Kantam Robo for that so at least there's some tangential connection.

Question, does Z Shinji gave Kira Yamato a good assbeating? If no, Alpha Shinji is still better.

Emm…

All I wanted was a Double ICBM Toss with the Walker Gallier and Shin's Boss Borot. Fuck the Kuroganes being Borot's best move.

Also this.

And this.

All I wanted is the Borot Dynamic Special

Oh don't look fucking surprised…Sgt. Frog was in SRW OE.

Last one worth mentioning.

I know but still, there's a limit!

Namco X Capcom isn't a waifu game.

That's depending for how you look at it.

ALL NIGGERS MUST DIE

You missed one.

Considering that Haken later pop up in OG 3…maybe some day.

I draw the limit at fucking Idolmaster and Miku…appearing only once. If they appear again, they have crossed the line.

They were in BW, right?

Idolmaster in X-Omega, Miku's in UX.

So there's a possiblity of Berserk mecha?

Not unless Guts suddenly have a giant robot.

DON'T GIVE MIURA IDEAS

Why not? If the guy's taking too long for a hiatus, I'm guessing he's running dry on ideas.

Still not sure why you're still complaining about how a shitty hacked-together spinoff animu that not even the most casual of idolfags likes is in a low-quality mobileshit title that nobody actually plays. Would you rather see Scamco add something that idolfags actually like to the mobileshit title, like Kirarin Robo or the movie-within-an-animu Endless Combination KISARAGI?

Stranger things have happened.

Calling it now, Guts Ultra.

What if it's part of one of them combiner robots and Guts only pilots the sword?

Fuck no, I just don't want idolshit in my mecha series period. Look at Macross, used to be amazing, now it's nothing but idolshit.

where there other series like Rayearth, with "magical mecha" ?
i always wondered if a SRW spin off focused on magical robots was possible

Not sure if Dunbine counts.

Dunbine does, aura power is magic

That's what Masou Kishin is, as it started because they couldn't get the rights to Dunbine.

He's debating on getting V but isn't since he's going through Project X Zone and is feeling the slog.

I don't blame him, anyone would feel the slog after X Zone.

I hear ya, the route I do SRPG's is ten stages when I get it and 1-3 stages a day

She gets… better? No, she doesn't. She gets better at fighting, not so much anything else.

I dunno, without her around, I wouldn't get Russel, and I don't think I'd enjoy an OG game without normal soldier man with his ability to push an ally aside and survive giga megaton space nukes made of black holes and pure edge. Apparently I make all the wrong choices in these sorts of games, like pumping money into upgrading the space ship, or upgrading a Gespent Mk II to max because I like it, but I think its more fun that way.

Kyosuke custom Gespent from The Inspectors never ever

I thought Katina gets the Wild Wurger L. It's red and everything.

Isn't Kyosuke's Gespenst is just a Mk. II S?

I thought the Alteisen is his personal Gespenst.

Custom Gespenst from the Inspectors anime. I think that's a Mk. IIS judging how it can do the Gespenst Kick.

You know what bugs the hell out of me? They have Gekiganger 3's theme in SRW W…but they never had that in. Yes, I know it's a gag for Nadesico but come on…you let Hatsune Miku in SRW, why not Gekiganger 3? Hell, throw in Geppy X too.

It's a slightly modified Mk-II S with a stake and horn added.

…So they made a Gespenst that looked like the Alt…even though the Alt is already a Gespenst?

Every fucking time

I still can't get over the smiley face they have build into their torsos.

It's actually suppose to be the Alt's prototype/ proof of concept. I think there is a conversation about this when you unlock it in OG 2.

Speaking of OG2, there's this conversion of the GBA OG2 where instead of meeting Lamia, the ATX team met up with Axel..who lost his memory and acts like SRW A Axel. Also, Bullet starts with the Gespent Mk. II S instead of the Huckebein.

So basically Soulgain with a colossal blade?
That seems to be the joke they are running with OG Axel being Guts-lite anyway.
Hell, the robot even has a different arm in recent entries.

Yeah, the Soulgain has a golden arm now.

Bump

Do escaflownes ever make an appearance?

Also I'm amazed this thread is still up and has been so good.

Yes in SRW Compact 3.

ZZ is definitively not anime.

Oh yeah, it's in SRW Compact 3. You know what bugs me? Compact 2 (with all its expansions) got a remake with SRW Impact…but Compact 3 is forever untouched. (SRW Compact 1 is kinda like SRW 1, no plot or original characters but it does have the Free Route system, basically you can go through all the route splits and the order you go through affects what unit you unlock. For instance, in Compact 2, you can get either the Shin Getter Robo or Rein Weissreitter)

Compact 3 wasn't as popular. That, and the suits at Banpresto were pushing Kyosuke and Excellen pretty hard, to the point where they were even featured in the Alpha drama CD. Which, of course, was mostly adapted into the Ryusei route of OG1.

Cool, some day in the distant future I'll have to play it.

Once I'm done with OG1 I'm not sure if I'll just move directly to the next OG or try to emulate one of the jap ones and see how well I can navigate the fucking moon runes.

Hope you can find a Wonderswan emulator…well, except for Compact 2 since they remade into SRW Impact on the PS2.

I think (I'll have to rewatch the anime to be sure) what happened here was that the Alt got impounded (I think it was being repaired at the time) and Kyosuke was supposed to be off-duty (hence why he was wearing a kimono instead of his usual pilot suit, he was attending a party at the time), and then there was an enemy attack so he had to pull the Kyosuke custom out of storage instead.

Alright, Russel is now my main man.

He was already a good support these last few missions, but him slapping the shit out of that crazy bitch was beautiful.

Funny thing is, Russel is supposed to be "Generic Pilot" but if you look carefully, he looks like Captain Bright.

Yeah, like if Bright and Ryu Roots had a son.

Seriously, Russel needs his own mecha. I mean, it's kinda hinted that Katina would get the Wild Wurger L(it's colored red and Katina has this habit of painting her mech red) but Russel needs his own. Kai rocks the Gespenst Mk. IIS and Gilliam has the Gespenst RV (which may or may not be the XN Geist from Hero Senki) but Russel really needs to break out of the Gespenst hold.

Why not a little Not White Base looking jet, like some units before they go full robot?

Personally I put Russel in Rai's old Schutswald and he's rockin' it.

Ah..the Schutswald. Almost forgot about the old girl (well, the one's not piloted by the Yoga lady)

Has Radha even been playable since OG1?

Valsione is cute.

Not using the jiggliest versions.

Classy motherfucker. Replaying Z2 while waiting for V myself here.

Muh fucking nigga. Crowe biggest pimp.

She's playable in OG2…and OGs.

Crow is a fucking treat, with some of the best lines. Blaster's also surprisingly alright for what otherwise looks like a generic as fuck Real.

Crow: Hey Setsuna, aren't you gonna call your girlfriend?
Setsuna: ……
Crow: Or is it a boyfriend?
Setsuna: glare

Anyone who picked his Brasta's short range upgrade is top pleb.

I honestly wasn't a fan of either, though I just went ranged because I was overflowing with melee hitters as is between Mazinger, Getter, Dancouga, Tetsujin…

Titties? Don't mind if I do!

I'm still playing through OG1, haven't gotten that far yet.

Meant the real Dancouga, but Nova is pretty alright and when they team up is the best

I never had any luck with origianl Dancouga in Z2, might have been bad rolls, but it was always outpaced by other supers.

So everyone immediately gives it to Kai?

No, it's just a cheap Gespenst. That's it. Not even a paint job.

Nah, what would've been even better is Russel piloting the OG equivalent of Boss Borot.

Nah he doesn't have the personality. We already have robo-Jotaro for that anyway.

It definitely isn't as much a powerhouse as it was in Alpha 3, but I've found it more solid than Nova and one of the best mechs in the game. This may just be my own bias though to be sure.

Alright then..maybe the OG equivalent of Walker Gallia because Russel deserves something that looks unassuming but deadly, just like Russel.

Goddamnit game stop putting fucking bullet in the huckbein mkII jesus christ.

That mobile suit is obese and needs to put down the fork, fatty.

Don't worry..the Huckebein is gone now. Replaced with the Exbein.

Fuck you bigot, it's just big-framed

I don't mind the huckbein, but it comes with ranged weapons and I made bullet a melee guy since I needed a pilot for the mk2 grungust after I immediately kicked kusuha out when I got her.

Too bad you can't move Bullet to the AM Boxer. Well, don't know if you can though. Did I ever tell you about a OG 2 mod where a) You start with Axel instead of Lamia and b) Bullet's started out on a Gespenst Mk. IIS?

I always was upset that Lamia was forced as the canon in OG, since Ahosel is so much more fun than Axel.

I'm still not done OG1

Well, that mod actually brought back Ahosel so you're in luck. The bad news? It's in Japanese, so I hope you remember the story of OG 2 well and you remember which attack does what.

持って来いって事だな、これが!

There's also an alternate version of the hack where Bullet is back on the Huckebein but Axel starts with the Vysaga

This is for the hack : mediafire.com/file/57rci82r1116rno/Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2 Ver A.GBA

This is the alternate version: mediafire.com/file/kej32aggctw0mr6/OG2 Ver A 2.7.rar

Still running Z2 and probably will either jump to Z3 if I finish before V hits, or V otherwise, but saved for later. Thanks user!

You're welcome.