AM
T U R O K

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/11600864.html
dk.toastednet.org/FPS_Legends/turok2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I
AM T U R O K

When is Turok 2 coming out on PC? That one is a hell of a lot better. Also i hope it doesn't cost 20 fucking dollars this time around.

I AM TURDCOCK

Is this the one made by that neofag nigger?

This game fucking RULES.
I bet you betamale sissy boys would rather play some faggy visual novel, hah, what a joke your taste in video games is. I'll be over here saying only who I am as I crush men and dinosaurs alike with just my knife. Yeah I have guns and exploding arrow, so what? That's PUSSY SHIT.

I
AM
T U R O K

My words as sharp as my sword

This game is old as fuck mate, i don't tjink Neogaf was around back then.

Turok 2 sucks. Every single game in the franchise was mediocre. The original is objectively the most fun

The people who made the remake are huge faggots and working on the new system shock games and will most likely ruin them.

Why

I got all the Steam achievements too. Pretty satisfying

Had to use a guide to find the last few sceptre pieces, plus all the hidden areas were pure BS :/

Turok 2 is objectively better than Turok 1.

this. as happy as i am that games like turok are getting rereleased and are available to play again without having to use a shitty emulator or something, these guys are enormous fags, buying unwanted and forgotten IPs, doing the barest amount of work possible to get them working on modern systems and charging twenty fucking dollars for it. then using that money to fund development of system shock: shooter edition

The worstp art is how they want to delve into SHODAN's backstory to explain why she did the things she did and to spoonfeed a motivation. It is supposed to be tragic apparently.

I'm actually glad they're only doing the bare minimum.

does every villain have to be a "tragic" villain now?

They are poor opressed folk who dindu nuffin and you should feel about killing them, you privileged cis-abled hero!

Pretty much every shooter does this.

That's why most are shit, good ones ramp up reaction time and the like.

Most old ones would be unplayable since they're already skirting a requirement for good reaction times. At most you can push it up once but then any more and it may as well be instant reacting hitscan enemies. Would you like to deal with those jumping bugs at triple speed and machine gunning it's jump attack at you?

Far Cry 3 does that. As you increase the difficulty, enemy reaction time and damage is increased, but enemy HP stays the same.

I don't fucking care you stupid jew idiot

Why the fuck are carpetbaggers carpetbagging in every single fucking thread as if I give one ass about whatever bullshit was programmed into your dumb feeble mind. just play the damn video game or fuck off nigger

you're the most retarded poster i've seen in months and that is honestly saying something

Thanks faggots complaining about the game! You reminded me it was 5 dollaradoo's on Steam. Now I can't wait to play it again!

I
A M
T U R K

Calm down

You know it's up on the share thread right now.

Lol, the shill butthurt is off the charts in this thread. You can practically sense the prolapsed anuses emanating off the teeth-clenched posts.

fug

Why am I suddenly seeing this being posted so much? The original Turok was not a good game.

Because its up for like 5 bucks on Steam or maybe shills

I was about to say it's been on Steam for a long ass time, but then I looked to see if you meant because it was on sale or something.

??????????????????????

Guys remaking System Shock need shekels, so they're remastering old games and charging you 20$.

You mean Chromatic Aberration Shock?

At least you got them kafiri dubs

Fuck no
It had large empty levels with nothing in them and forced backtracking
The special weapon doesn't even work on bosses. Its a good game, just in different aspects of being a shooter.

just because you wear different mask doesn't mean your posting style has ever changed or that you have matured in any way what so ever.
You were posting like this 8 years ago and you post like this again today. Go eat a fat dick you stupid niggers.

I don't care if you never stop attacking the things I like I'm still going to post about them no matter what. I'm never going to change myself in any way for you dumb fossil mind morons. Kill yourselves and stop wasting precious resources other people could be using.

Nobody cared who i was till i put on the mask

lel

hi turok im dad

checked

You shouldn't be ashamed, being of such good size and all.

Come on, it wasn't that bad
Did anyone find the black hole in chapter 4?

But both Turok and Turok 2 had a PC release. Almost two fucking decades ago. Why would I pay for some shit "remake" that's probably Steam only anywat?

I tried the other port, and I got nothing but compatibility issues for my troubles. So yeah, compatibility and agin there is a GoG installer for it on the share thread. So there you go.

And just so we're clear you're all using the cheatcodes to make raptors dance to disco lights right?

Its not a remake moron, they just rewrote the entire engine so the game would actually work on current hardware and added some nice effects and improved draw distance.

They re-wrote massive amounts of code so it runs on modern machines, added more features, and there are DRM free GOG versions if you want them. Turok 2 isn't out yet though.
Stop talking out your ass you sad and bitter fuck.

What?

Good taste

Finally. I didn't get jew'd for $20 just to never receive this.

Unfortunately yeah. People took the "did nothing wrong" meme too far and now we can't have pure evil monsters. This is why (((Disney))) adapts tumblr-tier scripts like Maleficent and write 90% new content to justify a villain's villainous behavior and actions. It's all complete bullshit.

Turok 2 came out on PC about 20 years ago.

wasn't it hidden near that big bridge in the sneaky level?

SHODAN has a female voice so she has to be innocent in some way; them's the rules. She was probably abused by her male white nerd creator or something.

The visuals were ass but the design concepts were fucking heavy metal tier. I wish they could have been able to make it nowdays. Full sized gore parts exploding out of frogs was fucking priceless though.

Turok 1 and 2 were fucking garbage.

ok

SUPER SHIT GAMES

Why would you do that?, go on a thread about a game you don't like and shitpost?

I SAID OK

I loved Turok 1, 2 and 3, and I played them on N64.

You know nobody will judge you if you use the cheatcodes, I mean who hasn't turned the game into permanent disco night at least once. Only certain units dance though. Or skipping levels or just cheatcoding the final weapon cause some hidden areas were bullshit or the fucking temple not having discernible landmarks at a reasonable distance plus the fog making it extremely difficult to navigate without using the map. Turok 2, pretty much nobody I knew didn't not cheat their way through the game back with the N64 and just had fun playing through the levels like choosing Megaman levels or unlocking all skins for multiplayer. Or childish autism revealing certain little hidden things like enemy infighting.

what the fuck is a turok and why should i bother?
is it just some meme game?

Turok is the name of the injun you play in the same named N64 FPS series. The game in OP's post in particular is a remastered port of the very first game that does a few touchups and makes it compatible to play on modern PCs without an emulator. If you have time to waste just try it out (note: it's a mega link)

It was a relatively popular shooter that got completely overshadowed by bigger releases, but that nevertheless had a cult following. It got re-released on steam last year so now everyone has an opinion and not everyone can deal with older shooter mechanics. It's not an easy game either.

It's a shame we probably won't get 3 because of legal reasons. It was a lot different but it was a real gem in its own right. They found the right balance between cinematics and action and even though it was shorter it was very well designed. My personal favorite from the trilogy is that one, problems aside.

Evolution's rocket launcher was way too good for the ammo they give you. It fires one giant rocket with 4 small rockets for primary fire, 5 tiny drills which eat enemies from the inside out for secondary, and a fucking nuke for a tertiary fire. Too bad you only get to use the nuke once in the main game.
I remember this glitch in multiplayer where if you jumped into water while playing as a raptor and switched the camera angle the game would assume you're always underwater, so you can swim everywhere.
Also are we being raided? I'm seeing a lot of garbage-tier posts today.

nice

cult following in the sense "it's bad" or a flawed gem?

The original Turok games are based off of the 80s/90s re-imagining of a cult classic comic series that dates back to the 50s. The 80s/90s comics turned a story of two injuns lost in The Lost Land where dinosaurs still roamed into an adrenaline-fueled action comic where Turok is a sacred duty by some tribe to prevent the horrors of The Lost Land from escaping its containment. It has every kind of horror there, giant monsters, dinosaurs, aliens, supernatural and cosmic horrors, mutants, spooky primitive societies, and cybernetic combinations of all of the above. Turok, both the comics and the games, had some really badass weapons to keep things interesting and you never knew what you would fight in the sequels because anything goes - it's The Lost Land where everything that exists can and will get trapped there, whether it's from space or another dimension.

The first game which is on Steam is pretty simple. Being (IIRC) the first third-party game on the N64, it's like a prototype and it shows. Everyone is hungry for 2 which was one of the best games on the N64. As posted, I would rather have 3 which had everything and more but came too late in the system's cycle. The series before the 2007 remake where they took all of the good stuff out and made Turok a space marine on a raptor planet was an arena-esque shooter so the shooting action had its heart in the right place.

The latter. You might as well just grab the GoG installer from the link in the thread; I believe it's only 600mb's or thereabouts. If the first level doesn't grab you the rest of the game probably won't either.

Does this have arena deathmatch with bots?

it's hard to say, honestly. turok had a lot of great ideas but didn't fully realize any of them, due to lacking technology and 3d shooters still being a relatively new space. that said it has a fucking bangin' soundtrack if you're into ambient niggerdrums and some cool weapons. just be aware that some levels are unbelievably confusing and frustrating (if i ever have to do that ancient city level again i'll kill someone)

Yesterday or today there was a small thread with a poal.me link asking users to nominate and vote for their best game of 2016. As expected there were shitposts as well as legit votes but not too late on the threads life, a lot of accounts with different started spamming "gay sex online" as well as copypasted gibberish. Then the "gay sex online option that appeared on the poll started gaining a ridiculous amount of votes, it was clear that some sort of effort of dedicated trolling was going on, probably with VPN.
Here is the thread, various of the spammer posts were deleted but a bunch are still up.
8ch.net/v/res/11600864.html
Now something similar happened after the Zelda BotW thread was deleted mostly due to a certain shitposter complaining about a certain game, someone decided to make a thread about this game that the autist was complaining about and it quickly got bombarded with similar shitposts that seem to point that someone with VPN access or a group of dedicated autists are purposelly lowering the quality of the board

Flawed gem category, since you're only giving two options. Personally I'd say good game but Turok 2 is the one everyone remembers the most fondly of and since it's a classic FPS you'll get to see things that you don't really see anymore with most cookie cutter FPS today.

No Turok is strictly a single player game, but the same guys that did are implying they'll make it happen for Turok 2, since Turok 2 did have multiplayer deathmatch like Golden Eye it also had some funky maps.

Also the cheat codes if anybody is interested:
THSCKSTFTHSHSCK All Keys
CHTRSNRPRSPR All Map
CMGTSMMGGTS All Weapons
GLTBNK Amy Jam
GSHNTTBNCTPRDCRD Big Heads
LKNGDNTHTLNCLTH Campainer Warp
DNCHN Dana Mode
SNFFRR Disco Mode
LLTHCLRSFTHRNB Fancy Colors
LKMBRD Fly Mode
GRHRNR Gary Mode
GRGCHN Greg Mode
FRTHSTHTTRLSCK Infinite Lives
RLMNDNTCHT Invincibility
TSKTSKTSK Level 1 Warp
CHTLKDG Level 2 Warp
HNSHM Level 3 Warp
THRTCRD Level 4 Warp
GHTTBSHMD Level 5 Warp
HCNLTHRSLF Level 6 Warp
STHSNCSSR Level 7 Warp
THTDSTSCK Level 8 Warp
BSSNMBRN Longhunter Warp
CRPCRL Mantis Warp
DLKTDR Pen and Ink Mode
CLLTHTNMTN Quack Mode
FJHJJ Rhia Jam
RBNSMTH Robin Mode
NSTHMNDNT Show Enemies on the Map
FDTHMGS Show the Credits
DNCHN Small Enemies
THSSLKSCL Spirit Mode
JRSSCHT T-Rex Warp
NTHGTHDGDCRTDTRK Ultimate Cheat
BLLTSRRFRND Unlimited Ammo
THBST Unlock the Gallery

If they add online multiplayer support via Steam and custom map support that would be bliss.

Speaking of weird things. Does anyone have a link or hopefully an archive of the recent nintendo thread. The OP of the thread made it clear that discussion Nintendo's dirty history remains taboo because of fanboys and the like. Mark posted after a few replies saying that he wants to have the thread but people usually use it for console wars. It ended up being a good thread and lots of nintendo stories were posted but by new years it disappeared. I only saw it on mobile so I don't have a thread link to see if someone archived it. But it's definitely not on the catalog. The OP image was a nintendo logo that was half redpill.

Supposedly the Turok 2 Steam Port will have multiplayer and mod support. To what extent is a different story. They specifically mentioned the multiplayer part as what makes 2 a unique challenge. Who knows how long that will take since we barely got the level editor for Turok: DH.

The multiplayer for Turok 2 was a splitscreen and you'd play with whomever in person on whatever you sit your ass on. It'd have to be overhauled for online play.

Wasn't Rage Wars just a Turok multiplayer shooter?

That's the reason why they said it would be complicated.

Rage Wars was Turok 2 multiplayer 2.0. IIRC it came out before 3. It was pretty polished for a multiplayer shooter but being on the N64 controller made it hard as balls. It was more UT than Quake. Would love to see THAT redone for PC just because of that alone. Personally the multiplayer we need the most is Turok 3 because it came with tons of options for multiplayer including gravity and ammo/health pickup modifiers. Imagine having thousands of health, getting hit by an RPG and then flying out of the level into the creepy black abyss. Watervator is best map.

Mods are why I purchased it this winter sale. Hoping some cool shit comes out for it.
might even attempt something myself

i've been considering making all of doom 1 in the mapmaker

If you dont someone certainly will.

Looking up modding and texture replacement it seems pretty simple. You could actually do it right now I believe, you'd have to do the model and texture work but it's perfectly doable.

*The more I'm reading the more I'm convinced you can recreate vanilla doom levels, the big thing would be the models, animations, limitations of the level editor (but it's fucking vanilla doom levels what exactly would Doom do that Kex can't), and custom enemy behaviour but the Turok HD Remaster engine is Kex 2 which is itself a branch of DooM64 EX.

I can see it now, you can make the Doom enemies, decals, and Doomguy look like a combination of their concept art and game sprites, instead of just the clay models (mostly for the two different knights and avoidance of derp), and simply add in the textures for the terrain then following the map guide make the levels. The big thing rests on the map editor as well as how well you can edit in new custom enemies. But my gut tells me if you've made comprehensive wads before it's not that big of an issue.

I HAVE TWO COCKS

how was the game from 2008?

holy shit, you guys weren't kidding. This is incredible

It's like when I discovered and played Doom for the first time.

THIS. FUCK TUROK 2, FUCK TUROK 3, GIVE US MOTHERFUCKING RAGE WARS

Is this the new 10/10 meme?

Yep, chapter 4, you can use invincibility cheat to blow up one of the trucks while standing on it to clip through the roof and then explore

I want this, more than you know

Yeah the first time you shoot a guy in the head and he chokes to death with blood squirting out of his neck is about around the time where you'll realize you might like to play more until atleast the end of the introductory level.
Warning: harder difficulties are not just a damage and HP boost to enemies it's a spike in difficulty each time you increase it. Everything that could make the game harder gets changed from drop rates to accuracy, to the speed. I never really liked that last part and at the highest difficulty it can get ridiculous.

Fucking beetles, even now I still hate them with every fiber of my being.

That was one of my most favorite N64 games, even playing without friends. Which I don't have anymore.

Turok was pretty cool at the time among little kids who didn't know there were FPSes with a draw distance past ten feet. These days? No idea.

It has an enhanced PC port that seriously impoves everything about the game, kinda like Dragon's Dogma. A good experience that was hindered by poor hardware, is that so hard to understand?

Probably never coming, devs will just say "oy vey the goyim want this gayim but porting it from n64 to pc will be too much effort and even though it will more than likely rake in a 5 times the cost my money is best spent elsewhere like disney shares or missiles for the IDF". And then we won't get a port of the game thanks to our greatest ally.

No, it's because of Copyright issues. Otherwise they'd jump straight into Turok Rage Wars and/or Turok 3 then vice versa like howthey pretty much immediately jumped into Turok 2 development after Turok 1. Copyright is also why they're hush hush with Turok 2.

Is the original any better? Because I was bored as shit playing the remake.

Try it for yourself

Note: the GoG version doesn't have the level editor yet so unless you want to dig for a steam crack that came out near the end of December last year you're out of luck.

bump

Looked it up a bit and so far I'm not seeing any Turok Steam crack torrents dated to just the last few days.

You should care, newfaggot cancer.

Site and downloads are legit. Still a problem with the music for me though. Turok 2 Seeds of Evil

dk.toastednet.org/FPS_Legends/turok2.html

It's a good thing that they aren't changing much.